JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsumi to Batsu

Author Topic: [Discuss] How did AKB48 affect your life?  (Read 7817 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
[Discuss] How did AKB48 affect your life?
« on: May 24, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »
Simple question. What did AKB48 do for you or in what way did AKB affect your life? Feel free to write serious, funny, positive or negative stories  :) Anything goes.

I'll start.

Due to AKB48, my standards when it comes to girlfriends has become unrealistically high. None of the local girls seem interesting, classy or funny enough :nervous. I don't want to get into the whole 'idols are fake characters/wear masks, etc' discussion, but this was just something I noticed about myself  :lol:

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
Re: [Discuss] How did AKB48 affect your life?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:48:22 PM »
1. the high standards thing has been around ever since i got into idols (age:15), not just AKB48. (tbh AKB lowered it... :nervous, okay not a good term, but more like, grounded it closer). Overall though, that's more of a personal issue, that even without idols might manifest itself in a different way.

2. AKB altered my listening habits as well. I should listen to Stryfe more often...

3. Made me weirder around family, my sisters probably think i'm some fag now, or a super perv. The younger one keeps watching Bingo or Shukan with me though,  :thumbup

4. Most Importantly, made me pick up the pencil again.

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline s0ra

• AKB48は大好きです!! 推しメンは宮澤佐江です!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »
Ever since i got to know AKB48..

1) Can't stop hearing their songs everyday, will feel uneasy if never listen to their songs.
2) Will keep repeating watch their videos non-stop.
3) Was totally into AKB48 craze!!

❤Sae❤

Offline clockface

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:57:30 PM »
Suddenly smooth abs and armpits overshadow tits and ass... that's no weird right?~~~

Who am I fooling... look at what you've done to me AKB!!

Offline ohno

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:58 PM »
I think I'm turning into a lolicon. :thumbsup

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 09:26:17 PM »
Hasn't changed me much at all.
I guess it has changed my definiton of what makes up a good 'group-idol' though.

For example. I totally skipped Akimoto Sayaka first time seeing her. I simply had 0 interest. Yet she has impressed me so much these years.
Crazy strong in performances. She's also an inspiration to members. Has a cool look, yet she's also so friendly to everyone.
And cherishes her fans so much too. Remember this? :thumbsup

Course good singing, dancing and cute looks may make a great idol. But AKB has shown me that everyone is different and can be an important asset in their own way if they are given a chance.

Oh. And if someone asks if I like girls with a long or short haircut. I can just answer "whatever acchan's hairstyle length is ATM". :lol:

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »
The only thing I can think  of is that every time I see the number "48" I get all excited. XD Other than that, I don't think AKB's affected me much.

Offline Bloo48

• Member+
  • Maybe is my excuse ... Acchan <3
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »
Just I have to have and eat every day AKB
And all the time believe in Acchan's a lot of obsession  :heart: :heart:

Offline EreMyao

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
- Watching AKB48 TV shows now is my way to relax myself.

- I often read Sasshi and Akicha blogs to practice my Japanese even though I don't understand them much. Although Myao is my no.1, I found that Myao's blog was too difficult for me. I think Akicha's is quite easier compared to all my favourite members' blogs. (I didn't study Japanese because of them though.)

- I started to appreciate Yuri relationship. XD

Offline rtpaus3178

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 02:52:51 PM »
i haven't really changed much ever since i got to know AKB48

the only thing that changed me was:

- i listen to japanese music more than western music (is that a good or a bad thing?)
- my parents think i'm weird just because i'm into AKB48
- using photoshop regularly and make desktop wallpapers of them

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »
The main change (negative) is that I barely save money anymore, I spend lots of money on their goods. Although I've learned to NOT buy everything, which is good coz now I don't finish the month with a sole ZERO in my bank account.

A positive change? Despite all the suffering AKB brings (when u see your favorite is not doing well, for example), AKB taught me life is good and no matter how bad things are for u, a reward will come. I thank AKB for that, and specially my Sayaka. AKB has a very deep meaning for me (I won't go into details).

So that's it. I'm poorer but way happier.

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 03:49:22 AM »
(tbh AKB lowered it...okay not a good term, but more like, grounded it closer)

This. AKB showed me that even the not-so-good-looking (for the lack of a better word) girls have their own thing that makes them appealing; and even the prettiest of girls have their own issues to combat. It's definitely made me like 'normal' girls more..

My Japanese got better because I started watching AKBINGO.

I now have less money in my account everytime payday comes around.

My music taste has mellowed down, and now I can never listen to school bells the same way. Also, my taste also got worse, according to some.

Offline crazywota

• Doki Doki and Shit
  • Member+
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 03:51:51 AM »
after knowing AKB

my wallet is always empty nao  :banghead:

Offline naruse

• 利きメロンパン
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 04:57:19 AM »
after knowing AKB

my wallet is always empty nao  :banghead:

same here  XD

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 05:12:55 AM »
I thought I wrote in here before.  :?

- AKB48 taught me how to be truly enthusiastic about a music group. Up until I got into J-Pop I didn't care about music at all. Even then, it was kinda like, "Eh, okay, this is what I listen to. Whatever." I liked all the stuff I used to/still listen to, but I never really was "into" it to a major extent. AKB48 is the first music group that I honestly care about. I've never been so entertained in my life. Seriously. I'm sure eventually the noise from the AKB camp will die down. While I do hope(and think) that day is far, far away, I don't really dread it because they've left us with a ton of awesome memories. That's how I feel about it anyway.

- It was AKB48 that made me dive into the social side of fandom again. Up until I became an AKB48 fan, I hadn't been part of a forum or anything like that for quite some time. I've made a lot of good acquaintances and even a few friends through this hobby.

- It was the first group I felt good for supporting. Probably ties into the first point.

- I have had a slight increase in my creativity. I never messed with Photoshop or graphics much before AKB48. While nothing I do is anywhere near impressive, I have learned some tricks in my time of creating my own little signatures and stuff. In middle school I had some experiences that turned me off from anything art-related BIG TIME, so it was cool to be able to undo that just a bit.

- It's given me a lot to write about, something I enjoy doing immensely. ♥

- And of course, wallet rape. In addition to that, hard drive space rape. Darn their countless TV shows that I love! :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 12:57:03 PM »
^definitely some points that apply to me as well.

I was thinking, I guess it's too early to say which will be the impact of AKB48 on my life. They might have given it meaning or ruined it  :lol:

Pro:
- Learn Japanese
- Motivation to keep studying / work hard at my goals
- Hours and hours of entertainment

Con:
- Social life severely damaged. I'm not going out as much as I used to, but hang around online more.
- No motivation to go out and find a girlfriend. "I have the akb girls."

I wonder how my life would look if I never would have found out about Jpop/AKB.

Offline Anariel

• Meronpan Society
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
- Learn Japanese

what level you got? (N5, N4...N1?)  8)

same shit bro  :nervous

P.S. I am doing stretching every day in hope I'll begin to do crazy things like Akarin  :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 01:54:03 AM »
I wonder how my life would look if I never would have found out about Jpop/AKB.

I don't even want to think about that. My life before was filled with playing games endlessly, twiddling my thumbs, and staring mindlessly into unfulfilling websites. It would probably be the same, only more depressing now. :panic:

My life has only gotten better with AKB in it :heart: :yep:

I have a lot of free time at the moment, and they help me burn it well. It used to be filled with World of Warcraft, marathon sessions of TV shows (fuck you LOST!!), and a whole lotta boredom.

They've given me motivation to study Japanese again. Every time I play any game now, I always have a voice in the back of my head saying: "Study harder for Mayu!!". They've really helped me gain a focus in my personal matters: "I got school to attend to, bitches to slap, and idols to meet & woo :deco:", etc. Every day I wake up like "FUCK YES AKB, GIMMIE DEM IDOLS". :thumbup

Offline WawanBlackStar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • BL★CK
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »
Con:
- Social life severely damaged. I'm not going out as much as I used to, but hang around online more.
Damn, same with me XD

Offline Oshi~

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 48 & 46 Group ❤ SCANDAL
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
I found myself as a girl... more into skinship with other girls.. but really im not a yuri thingy or somethin

I just found myself clingy or acting so touchy to my friends everytime lol  :heart: :heart:

and... my love for cross dressed girls ratchets when I saw them doing some really IKEMEN DANSOS :heart: :inlove: :wub:
Kami Oshi: ニャンニャン(*≧∀≦*)

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Tsumi to Batsu