Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 124452 times)

Offline LoyalFlutist

• Flutist since 2007
  • Member+
  • I write sins, not tragedies
    • animeminafans
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #780 on: August 24, 2017, 02:48:03 AM »
Late on this topic of conversation, but you can't help to like what you like. So if you really love Mayuki and you can only write them, then that's that. I'm still stuck on AtsuMina and I do continue to write them even though both has already graduated, and theres less material to work with now, but there are still some interaction between them and the chemistry/relationship doesn't seem to change from back in the AKB days.

Absolutely agree with your stance there. Thinking about it, their past exchanges are proof of our shipping origin the two idols having some sort of friendly relationship with each other.

"Perhaps this is what it means to be bound by sin. To spin in the same circle, looking for where the sin lies, and at some point losing sight of the way out."
HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only*
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Vengeance
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo
Tumblr: http://loyalflutist.tumblr.com | Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans

Offline sophcaro

• Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
« Reply #781 on: August 24, 2017, 07:47:06 PM »
I'm glad someone brought up this topic, because I sometimes felt like I was the only person sharing that kind of opinion in this fandom...

I agree mostly with everything that's been said here.

No matter if your ship or one member of your ship graduated and the girls interact very little now (or even not at all), it doesn't invalid the chemistry they had when they were still in the group. That chemistry was real and precious, and you can never take that away. In real life, people drift apart for different reasons. You change school or work. You move to another city/country. You progressively loose sight of that person you once were friends with. Does the fact you don't interact with that person anymore means that friendship/chemistry you had with that person was not real?

No, it doesn't.

In that sense - and contrary to many writers who seem to have a problem with that - it doesn't matter to me at all if there isn't any new 'material' to fuel my motivation. I see fanfic writers still writing about shows or movies that ended 5, 10 years ago. For instance, the Mai Hime fandom. The anime was released in 2004, and people still write new fanfics in 2017. How come? There is no new material to speak of. Well, somehow, they still feel inspired by those characters, and the beautiful relationship they had on that show.

Well, that's exactly how I feel about my ship WMatsui.

My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- Warriors | On hiatus (will return in December 2017)
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Feedback is deeply appreciated, and comments motivate me to write!

Offline LoyalFlutist

• Flutist since 2007
  • Member+
  • I write sins, not tragedies
    • animeminafans
« Reply #782 on: August 25, 2017, 04:44:56 AM »
I'm glad someone brought up this topic, because I sometimes felt like I was the only person sharing that kind of opinion in this fandom...

No matter if your ship or one member of your ship graduated and the girls interact very little now (or even not at all), it doesn't invalid the chemistry they had when they were still in the group. That chemistry was real and precious, and you can never take that away. In real life, people drift apart for different reasons. You change school or work. You move to another city/country. You progressively loose sight of that person you once were friends with. Does the fact you don't interact with that person anymore means that friendship/chemistry you had with that person was not real?

No, it doesn't.

In that sense - and contrary to many writers who seem to have a problem with that - it doesn't matter to me at all if there isn't any new 'material' to fuel my motivation. I see fanfic writers still writing about shows or movies that ended 5, 10 years ago. For instance, the Mai Hime fandom. The anime was released in 2004, and people still write new fanfics in 2017. How come? There is no new material to speak of. Well, somehow, they still feel inspired by those characters, and the beautiful relationship they had on that show.

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us! (And to the others too, of course.) You've pointed out excellent bullets as to why shipping old stuff even to this day is not awkward at all. Those are examples are solid too with your stance. Guess it's not so odd after all and more of how loyal we are to our ships!

Time for me to fully wave the flag of Mayuki on this ship without any remorse from here on out then! :thumbup

"Perhaps this is what it means to be bound by sin. To spin in the same circle, looking for where the sin lies, and at some point losing sight of the way out."
HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only*
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Vengeance
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo
Tumblr: http://loyalflutist.tumblr.com | Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans

Offline Albiebs22

« Reply #783 on: September 15, 2017, 04:26:29 AM »

No, it doesn't.

Yeah, we all know that Wmatsui ship is pretty much sank now  :fainted:
Rena doesn't even following jurina's Twitter acc  :frustrated:
But I still love this ship anyway
they're just so cute together  :ptam-shy:
Girl's rule 👩