JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Renai Restaurant

Author Topic: [2012.01.25] SKE48 - 8th Single "Kataomoi Finally"  (Read 51703 times)

Offline hina

• Gekikara Underling
  • Member+
Re: [2012.01.25] SKE48 - 8th Single "Kataomoi Finally"
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2012, 08:01:06 PM »
this PV is officially like Beginner's original PV for me, my heart has been crying since forever and wanting to see the full pv so badly  :bleed eyes:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
SKE48 is always super late with releasing the full PV.  :oops:

However, they gave us the short version! 95 seconds of SKE goodness, which is 33 seconds more than the first preview! Good stuff comes in small dosages :lol:

Download

Massive teaser at the end  :shocked:

What do you guys think about the car crash scene? Any symbolism?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:56:35 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »
^I'm being totally dense here I think, but, what symbolism?

And yeah, the wait for this PV is killing me.  I can't remember the last time I wanted to see a PV this much.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
I don't know, but maybe the car crash represents something else? For example, their destroyed innocence, a broken friendship, etc. There has to be a deeper meaning to it.

I read someone saying like "the drivers saw two girls kissing, they got distracted and crashed" but that's too shallow and unlikely. They put that scene in for a deeper reason.

Offline pastil

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
If Flying Get got that ~20min long drama version, this should have at least an hour long drama ver. :thumbup

I read someone saying like "the drivers saw two girls kissing, they got distracted and crashed" but that's too shallow and unlikely.
I read that too but I thought it was obvious the person was joking. :lol: Many other 'serious' AKB/SKE songs and PVs have symbolism so why not this one.

Exactly two weeks till the release!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
Ok. So gathering from the short version PV... hmmm ;)

Jurina is a vampire.

Akane, a vampire hunter joins the school and tries using a necklace with a cross on J.

But being a pure-blood, it does Jurina no harm. J plays around with Akane's silly antics. She finds her entertaining.
Rena is, of course, J's ultimate snack. Explaining the last scene at least (totally aiming at her neck) :yep:

But unknown to Rena herself, she's also half vampire with one of her parents being royal japanese vamp heritage. :w00t:
J killed her parents (actually she didn't. J only bites people that are willing. The real culprit is someone else.)
The bite, although being J's "100th...ahem...girl", doesn't work. Akane arrives. 3-way katana swordfight ensues as cars blow up. 8)

Yes. This explains Jurina opened the door in Dareka no Sei ni wa Shinai. And Dareka all about finding out how to continue living, means Kataomoi is its prelude woah! :roll:

Back to reality, I'm wondering what Rena did/saw at the start inside there.

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »
^Maybe Rena saw Non and Kumi in there :lol:

Barrie, I get what you mean now.  I wasn't really thinking outside the box there.  I figured it was just me being dense :lol:

I wonder if the full PV will expand upon that?  I'm also curious as to how long this PV will be.  Up until now, SKE48 haven't really had any particularly long PV's have they?

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
So, Akane gives Jurina a necklace. Then just as Jurina is giving Rena the same(?) necklace the car crash happens. Looks like the relationships are headed for a serious collision / blow-up.

Offline Sok

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »
I wonder if the full PV will expand upon that?  I'm also curious as to how long this PV will be.  Up until now, SKE48 haven't really had any particularly long PV's have they?

I agree Zorr. I have yet to see a long PV for them I hope. This one's long, well at less as long as Flying Get was.

Offline gekikarabuACE

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2012, 01:59:11 AM »
Hmn, I was expecting to see a bit more of the actual PV, but this shorter version has nothing we haven't seen yet from the offshoots and teasers.

Yeah, the car crash definitely means something. What it is, I don't know yet. In Two Roses, Jurina's black while Rena's white. It's the same thing here. So, a collision of black and white... will create a gray area? Unrequited lesbian love is neither good nor bad, but just is? Lololol! I don't even know what I'm talking about!

One thing I'm sure, though: Jurina is the PIMP.  :lol:

I need the whole PV NOW~!

If Flying Get got that ~20min long drama version, this should have at least an hour long drama ver. :thumbup

QFT  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:22:55 AM by gekikarabuACE »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »
Long PV would be cool, but I doubt it will be very long. The story explains itself, it doesn't need much more. Something around 7~8 minutes would be nice.

Team E version:

Offline z3144228

• ん♥♥
  • Member+

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »
HMMMMM. The white background makes them look a tad plain, idk.

So HMV gets the Rena bonus again... Upside is that the HMV bonus is generally the easiest to score of eBay  :lol:
The CDJ/neowing bonus type A and B will be Masana and Type C will get the  cute group-shot.

All this new info has made my purchase decision that much harder  :nervous

Offline pastil

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »
Awesome, first time I managed to buy the singles so that I'm not stuck with any double shop bonus photos. Rena, Masana and Shirogumi group pic. Masanya's photo looks especially cute. :cathappy:

But lol, they cropped Jurina, Rena and Churi's closeup pics from the full body shots.

Offline Venheim

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
Full version:

(Not entirely sure where this source got the vid from.)
Hmmm.... Too much hype. Now I feel that this is kinda underwhelming. :/

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »
My thoughts after watching the PV:

Really nice to see a little bit of story before the music starts but I'd have perhaps liked a little more.

Didn't expect the Kumi/Kanon kiss to be right there at the start.  Figured they'd save that for later.

I wasn't as mega hyped as I thought I'd be watching it cause of the hype, the previews and the waiting but I still enjoyed it a lot.  There is so much fan service with various touches and 'misread situations'.

The scenes of Rena running through the field were a really nice touch.  It was one of those moments where it was like watching a dream that you could live in forever.

Overall I really like the PV and it's doesn't feel distasteful.  Sure there's lots of suggestive stuff but it's bold and has strong imagery mixed in.  It more felt to me like maybe they were just trying to show the strong emotions of love, but without using the typical male/female pairings we've all seen in various films/shows.  And maybe they are trying to make a statement to show how it doesn't matter what gender the lovers are?

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »
Lol, kind of wish the song and hadn't degenerated into disjointed nonsense at the bridge. Storyline was perfectly clear, and then THINGS HAPPENED with even less connecting clues than Dareka. What was really confusing is that the MV played it like Jurina and Churi were both slightly-more-than-casual swingers, so I'm not sure why Churi was slapping Jurina. Much less what the deal was with that Non shot towards the end. Was that Rena shooting the flare, anyways?
Everything else fit in storyline-wise. The actual music's transition into the bridge was a mess, too, though.

BUT OH SWEET LAWDY JURINA YOUR PLAYER-TASTIC EXPRESSIONS. YOU MAGNIFICENT PREDATOR.  :panic: :inlove: :panic: :wub: :panic: :w00t: :panic: :bow: :shocked: :twothumbs :pimp:

Offline boffyee

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2012, 12:02:42 AM »
someone have youtube pv because youke is soo slow

Offline gekikarabuACE

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2012, 01:49:34 AM »
Oh... my... Rena... what is this face?

Gif borrowed from sashikoalatea@tumblr

I love it and I hate it. I mean, it's a beautiful PV all in all, but the way they presented the story/scenes is kinda abrupt. We have the WMatsui 'storyline' in the first half, then get the random Shawako/Airi in the middle and that party near the end. Then again back to WMatsui. IMO, they could've gone the 'Dareka' and scattered the mini-storylines in such a way that we can follow all of them until the end and not just at one point of the PV. There is so much potential here to be turned into something more. I wish they full explored that.

Again, that's not to say that I didn't love it. I do. I really do. Rena's acting is exceptional.  :bow: I really do wish she gets a serious drama.

Now to wait for the coupling PVs.  :thumbsup

EDIT: AKAGUMI PV

[高清PV]SKE48 8th红组 声がかすれるくらい - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

I honestly have no idea what the song is about, but the PV is kind of confusing, lol. Here am I thinking that it was something deep (there's probably an insightful metaphor in this vid somewhere) but no... they're just softdrinks.  :lol: I do like the song though, especially the guitar riff at the start. I thought the first chorus was a bit too smooth compared to the rough sound of the verses, but it does roughen up the second time around.

And once again, Rena's expressions are so full of win. That sweet guy got a bear hug from her. Awww. 

FLV RIPS: (In case you want to watch the PV over and over again without waiting for Youku to load forever)
Kataomoi, Finally
Akagumi PV

v I was talking about the Akagumi/Shirogumi vids. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:52:07 AM by gekikarabuACE »

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »
Oh... my... Rena... what is this face?

She's imagining Airin.  :P

I like the PV but it felt a little underwhelming in some parts and a few scenes didn't really make sense, they sort of felt shoved in and I'm kinda of surprised it's so short, course 5 minutes isn't exactly short but I kinda expected maybe close to 10 minutes like with the Junjou U-19 PV.

Now to wait for the coupling PVs.  :thumbsup

Now what's this about what now?

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind, I figured it out now. /slow
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:59:37 AM by Kid_Alpha »

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Renai Restaurant