JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Service

Author Topic: How do you tell SNSD girls apart?  (Read 35945 times)

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
How do you tell SNSD girls apart?
« on: June 13, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
So I just started getting into SNSD and I can't tell the girls apart. I'm getting there though. So far I can spot Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Sunny, and Seohyun all the time. Everyone else I have to look up the lyrics and find out who is singing that part of the song. Any tips/tricks? Thanks!

Offline rollingproject

• Member+
Re: How do you tell SNSD girls apart?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »
Watch the live concert clips/concert dvd or anything live. You're just starting, you'll be get used to that afterall. I suggest don't bother yourself too much on those aspects, just enjoy it. Anyway, welcome. :welcome

Offline yooyul

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:40:10 PM »
Not a problem for me. They girls look alike to me only under heavy makeup&photoshopped.

Offline sykophantom

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »
thats fine.
Being a new SONE takes some time to know who looks what [before+after makeup], birthdates, past stories before debut, peevs, etc etc etc. :D

Offline Metallan

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »
So wait a minute, you have problems telling them or their voices apart? The reference to lyrics confused me.

Offline skynet0419

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 09:34:44 PM »
I had the same problem when i first started getting into SNSD, given more time watching performances and variety shows you will eventually learn to differentiate their faces, voices and each of their little nuances that make every one of them unique  :)

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
I had the same problem telling them apart visually. Honestly... after all this time I still have trouble telling who is who vocally on mp3's  XD

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 04:01:34 AM »
thats fine.
Being a new SONE takes some time to know who looks what [before+after makeup], birthdates, past stories before debut, peevs, etc etc etc. :D

What is SONE?

So wait a minute, you have problems telling them or their voices apart? The reference to lyrics confused me.

I can't tell them apart visually when I'm watching a PV or a live performance. To find out who it is, I'll pause the video, look up the lyrics to see who is singing that part of the song in order to find out who I'm looking at.

Thanks for all the replies. I just have to keep watching =)

Offline sykophantom

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 05:29:57 AM »
SONE = its what fans of snsd are called.

pronounced as soh-one [if im not mistaken, fans are called that since their 'Genie' days]

Offline Metallan

• ecchi
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 05:42:46 PM »
SONE = its what fans of snsd are called.

pronounced as soh-one [if im not mistaken, fans are called that since their 'Genie' days]
It actually sound more like "sowon" (soh-one sounds "sowan"), it's from korean 소원 (wish), so that second "o" sounds more like "uh". It's kinda complicated.

Anyways, to the OP, you'll get to it. When I first started following them (like a year and a half ago) I couldn't tell them apart, expect for 2-3. Now I can even recognize their voices as they sing on a new song, and I'm sure eventually you will too.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
Watching some shows is a good way. Girls Go to School and each of their individual MTV specials are a good place to start.

Taeyeon's episode has all of them.

Sooyoung's does too.

Offline trooper

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
took me a month or so to recognize everyone of them,
everyone has bias, just follow yours and enjoy the performance/show.
You will know all of them just by one look, sooner or later--if you stay with the girls long enough.

Offline steelweb07

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
same here! it was on the verge of their genie track when i started gettin in to with the girls. Back then I though Yoona and Seohyun was twin, but as the time goes by you can easily recognize them. My advise is just go on a stalk mode if you have some spare time! haha By that you can familiarize them.  :twothumbs

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 03:10:01 PM »
When I first became a fan, I spent 2 nights going through their thread at some forum just to look at their pics and memorise their faces :lol:. So, yeah, just look at pics and watch a lot of vids, I guess. Variety shows should help more.

I was about to say that you were lucky you got in when Yuri and Yoona no longer look alike, but then I remember people complaining how they couldn't tell the diffrence between Taeyeon and Jessica now :lol:.

Offline kuyaChristian

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
What I did was to watch their music videos and learn their faces, names, and voices.
Start with Gee, I think that'll help pretty well :]

Offline jackal2000

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »
All those videos helped. I think I'll go with watching them outside of performances and maybe I'll get to know their personality to make it easier to remember who they are. Thanks all! =)

Offline hound

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 04:49:30 AM »
At first my relatives gave me the music video of snsd.. At first I don't even know their name was.. Then a friend of mine told me their names.. Back then i cannot find the difference between yuri yoona and seohyun on the gee mv.. They lokk just the same.....

Just keep watching their mv and now I can tell them apart

Offline cheuw

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »
at the first time its really hard to tell which one is yuri or seohyun
but i can tell snsd apart by seeing them over and over.. :)

Offline trituas

• ecchi
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »
Wait till you get into AKB and you will find that 9 girls are not an issue at all.

Offline chosenone7777

• ecchi
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 07:06:01 AM »
I sometimes still get Yuri and Seohyun confused

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Service