JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Red Cliff (Japanese ver)

Author Topic: How and when did you become a Berryz fan?  (Read 16667 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
How and when did you become a Berryz fan?
« on: June 20, 2006, 03:43:47 PM »
When did everyone here become a Berryz fan? :O

For me it was when Koi no jubaku came out, but I know there should be older and also newer fans here :)
I think the reason I found Koi no jubaku so likeable was that it was a serious, upbeat song and also that the girls looked so cool in the PV/Ohastar perf. I thought it was impressive such young girls could be so kakkoii/cool/whatever :lol: (Especially Miyabi, I think she's like the queen of "cool")

EDIT: Replied this to Berryz thread at first,  but now I thought might as well turn it into a topic >_> Thanks to Asmodeus for splitting!!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »
What Berryz fan? I don't know what you talkin about.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 04:08:06 PM »
When did you become a Momoko fan, tama-chan? ^___^ Or Miyabisama fan? ^_____^

(Actually I know the answer to the Momo one, but I'm just trying to start a conversation here omg)

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 04:32:35 PM »
Hmm... I got interested because of Gag, I guess, then followed closely by Jiriri. Before Gag, the only song of them I ever dl-ed was Semi because everyone kept saying how good it was (and I love the song). Gag is cute, funny, catchy, easy to listen to, and everyone looks good in the pv. After being exposed to Gag, it was like an H!P downtime for me, so my interest stayed with them. Then there came the awesomeness, Jiriri. This single made me realise that they weren't just a kiddy group anymore. Berryz's awesomeness + other acts' letdown led to my Berryz fandom. And another thing (I think I talked about this with you before) is that the whole sexify thing going on in H!P right now bores me. It's like all the acts now try to do the same thing. Just makes Berryz different for me.

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 04:36:09 PM »
I was introduced to Berryz last year but I never really got into them since I was still catching up on MM and H!P info. It was only until after I've heard Piriri to Ikou(about 4 months ago?) that I really started to get more interested and I haven't looked back ever since. I fancy Maasa. She's CUTE.. :drool:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 04:49:05 PM »
Quote from: tama-chan
And another thing (I think I talked about this with you before) is that the whole sexify thing going on in H!P right now bores me. It's like all the acts now try to do the same thing. Just makes Berryz different from me.

Yeah I do remember that :o And I agreed, too...

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 05:04:45 PM »
SUPPESHARU JENERESHON LOVE~

... so yeah, I've been a Berryz fan since the beginning of 2005. :lol: I saw the PV for Special Generation and just thought it was awesome with the choreography and all. And then I caught up with their older stuff that I'd been ignoring earlier for some reason.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »
I've known about Berryz for as long as i've known about Morning Musume (more than a year now - thanks jps tv! :lol:), but I didn't really care for them back then. I still listened to their singles as they came out, but nothing I couldn't go without. Then Gag came out.. I practically had that song on repeat for a couple days after it came out. That's also when I discovered how awesome Chinami is. :inlove:

Offline sweetbene

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 05:06:22 PM »
When a friend introduce me to Jpop in debut 2004, I was (and I always am) a fan of young singer.
I searched on a site some groups to listen because my friend just send me songs of few groups (SweetS & Earth). And I found a Berryz page.
They've just released Anata nashide wa sekite yukenai. I downloaded the song and I loved it. After that I decided to follow the group in their career.
So I am a Berryz fan since teir beginning.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 05:06:39 PM »
In the beginning, my world was centered around Morning Musume and I was afraid that if I would explore the other H!P groups, my interest for them would fade away.

Then, on that fateful day, the inevitable happenned. I stumbled upon Koi no Jubaku on youtube...

There they were, girls wearing these bright colored outfits dancing to the beat of a catchy song. I was amazed because they were cute, yes but they were great performers as well, though they're just kids. Next thing I know, I was downloading their PVs and their singles. I like most of their songs and there was a period where my day wouldn't be complete without hearing Special Generation. :o

Up to now they keep on amazing me coz they are able to handle the pressure of being an idol at such a young age and they improve with every song that they release.

I like them more that MM now, actually.:D

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 05:16:17 PM »
for me it was....last year? marimari had hooked me up with special generation saying that it was catchy, and it sure as hell was. i fell in love with the b-side or whatever you wanna call it. about few months later i looked for the pv and liked it some more, that's when saki and risako caught my attention. Saki cause she's cute and fits in your pocket, and risako for that little hand move she does in the pv. the other girls are good too but these two just stand out imo

Originally Posted by tama-chan
And another thing (I think I talked about this with you before) is that the whole sexify thing going on in H!P right now bores me. It's like all the acts now try to do the same thing. Just makes Berryz different from me.

ya i agree....damn that sounded weird O_o but before pics of H!P members in bikini's and whatnot was an honor, but now it's done repeatedly as if they're trying too hard. hopefully berryz don't fall into that trend, and stick with their great performances.

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »
I can't consider myself a 100% Berryz fan. I only like some of the stuff they pull out. Hapiness~ (4th single) was their first song to drew my attention. We could say that I'm interested in them because of a simple reason: I saw a great potential in Risako, and currently I'm following her improving. Also, because I prefer the person to the song, meaning that songs in H!P are randomly given and they even shuffle them in concerts, so the truly potential is still in the person. However, to keep an eye on her implies to follow Berryz evolution too, but it's all because I see an ace in Risako and I want to see how will she evolve. So my devotion goes specially to her more than to group as a whole.

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »
I don't consider myself a Berryz fan (yet?), but I got interested when Gag came out since it was one of the cutest songs in HP, and momo's horrific yet somehow addicting voice caught me. Then Jiriri came out and I watched their MF talk and realized they're more interesting than MM now. My main interest still lies in MM, but who knows how long that's gonna last.

Offline aznkid.com

• FREE AIBON
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 08:24:18 PM »
I still have no interest in Berryz

Offline light_hikari

• lol i'm like never here
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 10:33:10 PM »
Whenever the hell Happiness came out. Solidifyed after Koi no Jubaku came out.
a post by me, a rare thing!

Offline Susu123

• YamaP's Pimp~!
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 10:39:50 PM »
It all happened when I was watching Music Fighter....and these 8 little girls came on stage in prettyful pastel colored tops and skirts. Started singing about some Special Generation I didnt know....it could have been a CULT OR SOMETHING!!! O_O. lol. I was already an H!P fan before that so I was like oh look its them kids...but the song dragged me in so I looked into there older stuff and have been a BIG fan ever since. And then after looking into the past BerryZ I was wowed by the power of the MOMO. The MOMO blessed me and has been my favorite member ever since. And well now they are my favorite group in H!P. FUU~!

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 10:44:04 PM »
I hated Berryz when I first saw them. It wasn't until 'Special Generation' came out that I stopped. Whenever I heard that song in the background, it would get stuck in my head. Then, when I heard 'Nanchuu' is when I actually thought about giving them a chance. I liked '21ji' when I first heard it, and then the 'Berryz Goodies thread' (Thanks for that!) made me into a fan of them. After that I bought 'Gag', '21ji', and the 2nd album. Now I really like Berryz.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 11:14:51 PM »
I was MIA for most of the Berryz life cycle. I saw their creation, though dissappeared into an unknown abyss before they really gained any popularity so was never really exposed to them. In my return to the light, to my surprise, there were so many berryz fans. Everywhere I looked there were berryz fans, which was completely different from all the H!P kids hate I was used to. So with on their next release, I dled "21 ji made no Cindarella". It took some time for it to grow on me, but I was hooked by the next week. So I dled some more releases and found that I really liked the music they used for their songs. I still don't don't watch many berryz vids so I still wouldn't call myself a berryz fan. But from my exposure to the group, I guess you could say I'm a fan of a couple members... >_>

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »
*BUMP*

Any new Berryz stories? ^____________^

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 12:16:33 PM »
I'd known about MoMosu since 4th gen but only really listened to a few of their songs, mostly Renai Revolution 21, Happy Summer Wedding and The Peace. then at the beginning of the year, someone sent me a link to the Gag dance-shot, because they knew that me, being a big queen, would love the dance! I fell in love, the dancing, the cute music, everything! Momoko was my instant favourite, but thats changed to Chinami since (:D) so then I downloaded all of BerryZ pv's and was sent their discography. I explored the rest of H!P (after seeing the Wonderful Hearts Winter concert, I had to find out more!) Then I found this site just before Warrachaou came out and I've stayed here since :)

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Red Cliff (Japanese ver)