JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - Find me

Author Topic: How and when did you become a Berryz fan?  (Read 16683 times)

Offline men0

How and when did you become a Berryz fan?
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 12:48:01 PM »
I don't know if I'm allowed to post on this forum ;) after my numerous comments about JPH!P on JPM. but I don't care.

I became a Berryz fan the moment my brother (also active here) showed me the Special Generation PV. Before that he had told me about H!P but I never really took an interest in it. I'd only heard and seen some other H!P songs, but Special Generation had something that made it love at first sight. After that I downloaded and plundered my brothers HD for the older songs and PV's. In may 2005 I made my first order and bought 1st Cho Berryz, the single V for Special Generation (I really loved the PV) and their first PB.
In the begin my favorite was Miyabi, mostly because she was one of the most recognizable girls, but soon after that it became Momoko and that hasn't changhed until this day.
I really came into H!P and J-pop as a Berryz Koubou fan and discovered the rest after that. :)

Offline Kei

• It's legal in MY country!
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 12:50:54 PM »
I think it was 21時までのシンデレラ that got me hooked.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:10:22 PM by Kei »
赤い瞳は ソドムの街で
美しい女を 採集する
針で止めた 蝶や蛾の様に
動けないおまえは 俺の物

Offline Kyobu

• PLATICA
  • Member+
  • GAO!
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 02:01:56 PM »
When I first became a Musume fan (Sexy boy had just been released) I was hearing so much about Berryz I decided to YouTube 'em.  Semi was the first video I saw, I loved, and so it was set.

I'm going to be honest and say Risako was the girl that really stood out to me at first, it was only after seeing some Berryz footage (not PV's) that Chinami stood out.  Then I noticed Chinami more in the PV's, fell in love with her voice, from then on I was Chinami for ever.

Offline sousora

• Winter is coming.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 从・ゥ・从
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 02:04:34 PM »
How: Kicking, screaming, and cursing the devils who created them.
When: A few terrible, terrible months ago...

Offline 楊枝君

• データが出た!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ももち
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »
I gave Berryz a try with their first single and hated it. However, the B-side was nice. So I'd say I've been a fan since then, but true Berryz love came with Piriri to Yukou, I love that song.
Veni Vidi Wiki

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 03:39:10 PM »
First there is the subbed MF episode. Then, there is Maasa who i though a Malay girl, or somehow got malay blood in her. Then, there is this waracchou yo boyfriend pv. then there is a girl name Saki Shimizu :heart:

next time i remember, i got a bunch of berryz stuff filling my hdd.

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »
Quote from: men0;258229
I don't know if I'm allowed to post on this forum ;) after my numerous comments about JPH!P on JPM. but I don't care.

It's okay. Not like we know who you are. :)

Offline mr.niigaki

• is a female.
  • Member+
  • remember the noisy girls
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 05:23:30 PM »
I'll admit that before Berryz came out, I wasn't too fond of the H!P Kids. I'm not really sure.

After Fighting Pose came out, I found the PV somewhere. I was curious and downloaded it and watched it, and after that first watch I was all "No". Then shortly after I deleted it, I suddenly realised I needed to get it back and did actually like them. Then I preordered the Piriri to Yukou single and since then every single/album/single V collections/PB/first 2 calendars/a few shirts that they have out. If they release something, I just blindly purchase it anymore I just have such love and confidence for them. :D

I'll also admit Momoko and Miyabi were my first favorites, I think I was a Miya fan more than a Momo back then for a really short while (it lasted very shortly). Since then it's hard to tell who my favorites are after Momo. I think the others are equally loved by me now, they work so well together. :heart:

Offline men0

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 06:41:40 PM »
Quote from: tama-chan;258327
It's okay. Not like we know who you are. :)

Phew I'm in the clear. Although I got cited by ikimasshoi two weeks ago so somebody here knows me. :)

Offline Tyball

• Nice man with candy X]
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 07:22:55 PM »
I hadn't heard much Jpop at all when I discovered Hinoi Team ("Night of Fire" PV on Youtube) in the spring of 2006. Then I Googled the group and stumbled upon Ray Mecallado's blog at www.cultofpop.com. It mentioned Berryz and I don't remember which song I heard by them on Youtube first, but after having seen and heard them I was hooked. And I've been hooked on all of H!P since then, to the point of almost obsession. Thanks Ray! :heart: :D

BTW (many of you might know this but I thought I'd mention it anyway): Ray M. stopped blogging at Cultofpop and started a new blog: American Wota
I highly recommend checking it out. :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 07:25:06 PM by Tyball »

Offline Drako60

• 100% Yankee Power
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »
I liked Berryz from the start, not really much of a story to it, got Anata liked it kept getting, like Risako, couldn't stand Momoko at the start, Miyabi was kinda bleh, Saki was <3 shorties, and now they are all growing on me, though Risako is still my favorite.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 08:28:07 PM »
Quote from: Nouciel;258409
I was avoiding the Berryz, I used to think they were childs and just because of that they couldn't sing/dance.

Haha, the same thing happened with me at first too XD But then, something happened~ *MUNASAWAGI SCARLET* :heart: I am definitely now a fan!

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 09:54:45 PM »
I first noticed them with 'Piriri to Yukou' and I liked the song but I really laughed at the poor kids, still awkward at stage, messing up choreography and all. I used to think Momo was ugly! XD Can't believe I did, right now XD
But the real love started with 'Special Generation' when I actually learned to tell them all apart and learned their names. And then, with each following single I loved them more, I started to appreciate the progress they've been making and how they're growing more and more beautiful.

*loves her Berryz*

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 11:53:08 PM »
W's first concert with them
Well I'd started looking them up beforehand, as I wanted to know about these kids that were in W's first concert.
I first heard nacchu koi wa yatteru you know, and didn't really like it.  But then I looked into them and started liking them.  I bought the concert and they became cool to me! ^_^
Originally Risako was my favourite, but when I started following them more, Maasa took awy over.  It's hard to know much about her and Chinami without looking a bit further AND I'm glad I did ^^

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline jjkoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 01:04:45 AM »
I remember not really hating them or liking them in the beginning, but just not really paying any attention to them at all.... So I don't know exactly when it was that I began liking them - it must have been around the Special Generation time....  :P

5th Generation Forever!!

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 01:57:37 AM »
I used to hate Berryz Koubou, back when I was a screaming Nono fan, back when Nono was my everything and nothing in H!P mattered to me but her.

Anyways, In the summer of 2005 I travelled to Japan, with no other purpose in mind then to go to a W concert, so I could see Nozomi Tsuji in person and with my own eyes. *everything seems to go back to Nono doesn't it.*, back on topic.

I was going to a W concert, but it wasn't just W, Berryz Koubou would be there as well, which I hated. Because I knew W wouldn't only be one stage, but the Berryz girls, that fact made me shiver, cuz Berryz seemed like a weird unit, a bunch of little H!P girls, way younger then me, so I thought. How the hell am I gonna enjoy watching a bunch of pre-teen girls on stage, I only want to watch W!!!.

but after the concert started, I admit for the first concert, I still kinda hated Berryz, but not as much, infact I kept thinking back to some of those real cool and catchy songs I heard at the concert.

Then when I went to the same concert a second time, I really really enjoyed Berryz, almost as much as I enjoyed seeing Tsuji and Kago, after the second concert, I was a Berryz MANIAC, I immediatly went to an idol shop and started to buy a whole load of Berryz merchandise.

I now own more Berryz stuff then I do other H!P girls, and I'm a screaming Momoko fan!!.

Offline Matyeu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 02:02:01 AM »
At first, I was only a momusu fan, but I wanted to know a little bit more of the rest of the H!P so I started to listen to berryz and I didn't like it at all. At that moment Special Generation was coming out so I decided to download the pv even if I didn't like berryz from the start. Then, I saw the pv and I was like "Woa!! Is that really the kids I listened to earlier??" And then I started liking them

Loser87

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 02:15:23 AM »
mmmm the first time I got into Berryz?
I remember going around youtube searching for some random j-pop stuff..
(I didn't have alot of knowledge in j-pop/k-pop music at the time)
And I saw randomness of blue and I was like okay I'll clickie this one!
It was the Nanchuu PV and at first I was bored with the vid but I liked the song. So I went around searching for the song and found more of their stuff and I was like ">_> I hate this song, this is okay..I like this one.."
after a while I became a fan and found out they were part of H!P I was like O_O then I went to look at their bio's and I was like "OMG!? THEY'RE THAT YOUNG!?" I thought they were like 15-17 >_>
but anyways, I became a fan after Nanchuu =)

Offline misugi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 04:09:52 AM »
I listen to them too, but I don't consider myself as their fans.

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 05:43:33 AM »
^ then don't mention that in this thread.

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - Find me