JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gackt - Mizerable

Author Topic: Beside Trackers, What other P2P programs do use to source for Japanese files?  (Read 18464 times)

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
Beside Trackers, What other P2P programs do use to source for Japanese files?
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »
Quote from: ~Dan~
I already tried that.  If I do that it doesn't connect to anything-  the list of nodes in winny is totally blank.  As soon as I comment out the Ver=2 it works again.
I put this page through a translator (http://www.nynode.info/winnyp/v2.0b7.28/) and it seems to suggest you do it like I did in the end - started aftresh and edited the .ini.txt file, and didnt remove the ; either.  It works, it just doesn't stay connected to anyone for very long.

Heh, don't trust machine translation.  Specific lines off there:
Winnyp.ini.txtをテキストエディタによりオープン == open Winnyp.ini.txt in a text editor.

上記のような設定項目が確認できますが、コメントアウト文字列の;を削除し、Ver=0の数値部分を書き換える事で、Winnypの動作モード(接続先のバージョンの優先度)を設定する事が出来ます。 == Settings in there should be as above.  If you remove the comment out character ; then you can control Winnyp's connect mode (which version it prefers to connect to).

書き換えが終わったらファイルを保存し、ファイル名を「Winnyp.ini.txt」から「Winnyp.ini」に書き換えます。 == Once you've finished editing, save the file and change the file name from "Winnyp.ini.txt" to "Winnyp.ini".

Also do I use 2 seperate nodes lists (Noderefp.txt and Noderef.txt) or do I copy the contents of my old Noderef.txt into Noderefp.txt?  I tried both anyway and it doesn't help.  This version of winny sucks, no wonder so many people say they have huge problems with it.

Which one is used depends on the connection mode if I remember right.  If you set it to 0 then Noderefp.txt and if 2 then Noderef.txt.  It sort of sounds like your noderef for it might be full of 727+ nodes, I'd just grab a fresh 7.1 noderef.txt from nynode, make sure you're set to connect to 6.6-7.1, and try it.

And to be honest, this is the first time I've heard complaints about the version.  Most people I've spoke to like the bugs that were fixed and the little features added since 2b7.1.  Winny isn't exactly the simplest program, if you want to use it and don't speak Japanese then you're probably going to need patience as the setup can get complicated.  Doesn't help that I keep forgetting to mention stuff ^^;  I've never tried to help someone that wasn't already a fluent or advanced Japanese speaker set it up...

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 05:29:46 PM »
Quote from: soveryshiny
書き換えが終わったらファイルを保存し、ファイル名を「Winnyp.ini.txt」から「Winnyp.ini」に書き換えます。 == Once you've finished editing, save the file and change the file name from "Winnyp.ini.txt" to "Winnyp.ini".

Which one is used depends on the connection mode if I remember right.  If you set it to 0 then Noderefp.txt and if 2 then Noderef.txt.  It sort of sounds like your noderef for it might be full of 727+ nodes, I'd just grab a fresh 7.1 noderef.txt from nynode, make sure you're set to connect to 6.6-7.1, and try it.

And to be honest, this is the first time I've heard complaints about the version.  Most people I've spoke to like the bugs that were fixed and the little features added since 2b7.1.  Winny isn't exactly the simplest program, if you want to use it and don't speak Japanese then you're probably going to need patience as the setup can get complicated.  Doesn't help that I keep forgetting to mention stuff ^^;  I've never tried to help someone that wasn't already a fluent or advanced Japanese speaker set it up...

Ah thanks! I got it working and now I'm getting as many results compared to the old version.

The thing I was doing wrong was I'd already started it so I already had a winnyp.ini file, and when I tried to edit those extra lines into it it wasn't working.  I deleted winnyp.ini, uncommented the lines in winnyp.ini.txt, renamed it to winnyp.ini and started it and that worked.

I realised it might be messing up my original nodes list so every time I was testing it I was copying the original one over each time, so no problems there.

I'm pretty used to the English version so I know what all the buttons do and I can read the katakana, stuff like node,task,folder, so all is fine, and I don't have to worry about being hax0red now.  I've still got the English version so I can open that if I forget where a button is and need to check.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2006, 01:44:14 AM »
Quote from: soveryshiny

I think I kept the file as txt when I tried it.
I guess I didn't catch that part for some reason...

I'll try this when I actually have space to use winny again.

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 05:06:10 PM »
I use share besides bittorrent, sometimes
but since you can get almost everything with the help of bittorrent it's my main source.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 11:20:40 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 01:49:11 AM »
Besides limewire I use Shareaza, since it uses kazaa, edonkey and limewire network(s). Share and Winny doesn't have anything different that i couldn't get off the web that i like.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 02:38:47 AM »
I use BT and since I'm on Linux (Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft), I use aMule (eMule clone), and Frostwire (free Limewire clone).

Offline aginor

• Member+
which one of those is the best for finding japanese music and other japanese stuff ?

and where can i get it ?

Offline Decimal

• ecchi
  • Member+
Nothing beats BT. Emule is ok but queues are long sometimes. Have used WinMX 3 years ago, bloody long queue, many spammers and irregular download speeds.

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
I use BT the most, but Soulseek is good for hard to find J-music, especially 80s stuff and stuff from obscure idol singers...

I don't download stuff from IRC much anymore.

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline magicnumber

• ecchi
^ same I've been using Soulseek lately to get my fix of j-indie bands and 70's/80's idol pop :3

I don't know how to use emule :sweat:

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
After years of swapping between Kazaa, Soulseek, WinMX, I finally came across Emule and I haven't looked back since. For the amount of files it can't really be beaten. If you have a little bit of security knowledge then you can run it fine without having any problems. It can seem a bit confusing but there's really nothing to it and there's lots of tutorials out there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:28:15 PM by marktobias »

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
Soulseek for music files, and eMule for everything else. Like marktobias said, eMule just seems difficult, but all you really have to do is actually just click connect and search for the file you want!

WinMX had a great advantage compared to SoulSeek though, the fact that you could download the same file from multiple sources.

Offline ugdream

• Member+
I normally use BT for everything except Japanese movie........
Cabos is quite acceptable for Japanese stuff......
I sometimes use this shared site whenever I can't find files I really want to watch....
Just try it! O0

Offline Since1983

• Miki Fujimoto's Sex Slave
  • ecchi
  • Member+
I'm surprise no one mentioned newsgroups. Sure you have to pay monthly subscription since your isp's newsgroup is usually crap but speeds are usually maxed out and files have high retention rates.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
I'm surprise no one mentioned newsgroups. Sure you have to pay monthly subscription since your isp's newsgroup is usually crap but speeds are usually maxed out and files have high retention rates.

My isp's newsgroup is pretty good, I still use it from time to time.  It was the newsgroup alt.binaries.sounds.jpop where I encountered H!P for the first time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:48:02 AM by ~Dan~ »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Genesis

• ecchi
  • Member+
I'm using Winny and Share and both are great for the latest H!P ISO's, TV shows and performances.

Has anyone tried PerfectDark? I'm looking for feedback as to how much H!P content is on that network.

Also, does anyone else use the private hellotv WinMX server?

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
Has anyone tried PerfectDark? I'm looking for feedback as to how much H!P content is on that network.
Almost none when I looked at it.  It's for anime and manga fans primarily.  The main H!P related hits were all お宝 and アイコラ stuff

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
I tried using perfect dark, I really like that it lets you search within search results. But that's pretty much it :lol:

Can't even skim through the results though since the font is so tiny x_X

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
It's for anime and manga fans primarily.

and AV fans  :grin:
:shakeit:

Offline soveryshiny

• Member+
I tried using perfect dark, I really like that it lets you search within search results. But that's pretty much it :lol:

Can't even skim through the results though since the font is so tiny x_X
Open visual.txt in the mutagen subfolder.
"default font" = "Arial Unicode MS"
"default font size" = "17"
↑ those control the text of the main menus and UI.

"eye font" = "Arial Unicode MS"
"eye font size" = "14"
↑ those control the text of the search results.

You can also change all the colors and what not in there.  All I bothered messing with was the text size, and I happen to like Arial Unicode so I switched to that while I was at it.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gackt - Mizerable