JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Speed - my graduation

Author Topic: Title of 7th Harry Potter book announced  (Read 6535 times)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Title of 7th Harry Potter book announced
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:04:50 PM »
Dec. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The final book in the Harry Potter series will be titled ``Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,'' author J.K. Rowling announced today.

Now we just need a publication date.  (Fans have been speculating for ages that it'll be released on 7/7/07.)
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline SacredCultivator

• AYO T-ara~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:16:48 PM »
WOW has it really been 10 years?!?!? Time sure flies by... I can't wait till it is released although I must admit I sort of forgot what happened in the previous books, only have a hint of an idea but yeah, still can't wait till this is out ^_^
Hello!Fansub's is recruiting Translators / Karaoke Typesetters, if interested PM me.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
Harry Potter: The Search For More Money.

Offline N1CK70

• CPOP Connoisseur
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 11:36:05 PM »
Holy crap, no way its actually been 10 years... I remember reading the first book when it came out, and there's no way I was that young. :O

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 12:50:05 AM »
So I was 3 when the first Harry Potter came out.... O.o o.O....

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline bokunosonzai

• the Fallen
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 02:03:58 AM »
ooohhh can't wait to get into another harry potter frenzy(lookin' for wand)

If only...

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »
The first books were better, but then with every new book it felt like J.K. was pushing the limit with how crappy she could write so people would still buy it. I guess the last book will be the worst.. but I'll be buying it asap anyway :lol:

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 10:33:52 AM »
Besides the first book, I think the 4th one was the best so far :heart:

The title for the last book sounds....kind of weird, and 'weird' is a strange thing to call a Harry Potter book considering the other titles o.O But it sounds meh to me. However, I hope she ends the series well.

I'm one of the people who think that for the entire thing to end well, Harry's character should die...but a large part of me doesn't want that to happen, so hopefully Rowling can work something out with making Harry live.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »
Arian, "Goblet of Fire"? I thought it was the first book that didn't feel as good as the previous ones :/ But different people, different tastes, of course.

I guess the best way to avoid being disappointed is not to read the series at all :lol:

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 11:39:17 AM »
Quote from: aedon;265739
Arian, "Goblet of Fire"? I thought it was the first book that didn't feel as good as the previous ones :/ But different people, different tastes, of course.

I guess the best way to avoid being disappointed is not to read the series at all

Yeah, after reading the first book in the series, you'd think that every book after that would get even better and better; but that clearly isn't the case, haha.

One reason why I love GoF is because it's the first book in the series that was overflowing with all the teen angst :lol:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 01:51:34 PM »
Personally I hope Harry kills himself because he's so fucking angsty. And saves the world in the process.

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 01:59:29 PM »
Oh yeah, GoF had planty of teen!angst :) I wasn't that crazy about it when it came out, but now I think it's at least better than book 5. My favourite one is book 3, actually.

What exactly are 'Hallows'? O__o My dictionary isn't helpful today.

Nah, Harry will live. It's still a children's book, after all ;)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 02:21:07 PM »
Main Entry: hal·low
Pronunciation: 'ha-(")lO
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Middle English halowen, from Old English hAlgian, from hAlig holy -- more at HOLY
1 : to make holy or set apart for holy use
2 : to respect greatly : VENERATE

Well, I want him to die. I believe that's reason enough to kill him off. And what do you mean he wouldn't die? Are you implying childrens' books don't have death? The giant on top of the beanstalk died. So did the wolf in Riding Hood. The with in Hansel & Gretel too, I think?

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 03:21:51 PM »
I haven't read the books, but I think death is the only way to end the series. And usually it's the best way. Heroes stay alive too often anyway.
coot is ctz

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »
Of course, death and suffering are present in children's tales, it's enough to remeber Anderson's gloomy stories. What I was implying was that it happens rarely in children's literature that the main good characters die. It was the wolf who died, not the Riding Hood, after all. Especially in the case of a world-wide beloved character such as Harry, this would be rather unlikely. Not like he's my favourite character, I've always been kind of neutral towards him.
But Rowling tends to be unpredictable, so who knows.  ^__~

Hmm, but is there a non-verb meaning for hallow? "The Deathly Hallows" suggests a noun meaning, so I thought maybe there is one I'm not aware of...

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 02:35:50 AM »
I actually LIKE the title. Deathly Hallows sounds like the name of a heavy metal band though.

Also, Order of the Phoenix is my favorite book. Because it has Snape's Worst Memory, which is the best chapter ever.

Quote from: Rei.rev.07;265523
I haven't even finished the 6th book yet. I guess I better get going if I wanna get this one.

Snape killed Dumbledore.
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline anythursday

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 02:05:44 AM »
AHHHHHH I can't wait for the release of this book!! SEriously. But I'm gonna be sad when I'm done with it.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
I can't wait. I really want to know the ending. I don't really care how it ends, just hope it doesn't dissapoint :)
after the 1st book, it doesn't necessarily get better, but it does get thicker :)

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 03:22:53 PM »
I think after JK Rowling finishes the Harry Potter series she should do a Voldemort series. Wouldn't it be grat ? Seven years of Voldemort ! Of course, a lot more darker book.
She wouldn't have to crate nothing new and people would buy in a blink of a eye which would get her even more richer.

Quote from: anythursday
AHHHHHH I can't wait for the release of this book!! SEriously. But I'm gonna be sad when I'm done with it.

I think I'll be sad too when I finish reading it, these books are so good to read, at least I still have book 1 and 2 to read !

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »
spoiler: harry potter simply walks into mordor.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Speed - my graduation