JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyde - Hello

Author Topic: [TV] Japan is nuts! ~The Random TV Show thread~  (Read 31913 times)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
[TV] Japan is nuts! ~The Random TV Show thread~
« on: February 27, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »
The sub-forum might be called DOrama and MOvies, but keep in mind that TV shows goes here as well. ;) Discuss anything in here as long as it's related to any of Japan's many variety, music and talk shows. Yes, that goes for the weirder ones as well. Recommend, discuss, rant, name your favorites shows!

I guess I'll go ahead.

I'm personally more of a variety show fan, but anything goes really. My favorite show is no doubt Mecha-Mecha Iketeru, 10 years and still standing strong! I'm sure a lot of you H!P fans know about it through the Okajo specials. Another regular show I'm following is Guruguru Ninetynine. Initially it was because it featured Ninetynine, but I could care more or less now. :lol: It's hilarious.

I have a whole bunch more, but I'll hold for now.

Offline ryuuga

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:39:41 AM »
Can anyone share some clips as well in here? :baa60776:

Frankly speaking, I don't have chance at all to watch Japan TV shows since I live in outside of Japan. So for sure I wish to get a hold of these stuff. I heard that some gravure idols would also appeared in those shows occasionally, hopefully I have a chance to watch those shows.:ONkekeke:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:07:04 AM »
I like mecha mecha iketeru. the most recent i watched was the gaki no tsukai special in a police academy. that was awesome. I dont catch up week to week though.

I saw in youtubes those superweird ones where japanese chicks were dressed in toilet paper and they have constestants or someone shooting them with water gun.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 02:16:28 AM »
I don't really keep up with variety shows, as I don't understand much. lol. But I think my favorite right now is Domoto Kyoudai. I find the regular guests interesting. Granted, it's not as funny as it was when Gackt or Enari Kazuki were there, but it's still pretty funny. KinKi Kids can hold their own and throw in some jokes. Plus, the guest is usually someone I'm familiar with.

Mecha-Mecha Iketeru is hilarious, but I don't keep up with it. I've seen random episodes, and that's about it. Same with Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai, which also has some hilarious segments and games. And speaking of Downtown, sometimes I randomly watch HEYx3 talk segments. The new rank-in segment is pretty funny.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 02:40:17 AM »
I don't really keep up with variety shows, but I like pretty much anything with ninety-nine or downtown in it. I usually just watch random clips I happen to find on youtube. I don't really get most of the comedy duos that use mainly verbal gags, but most of the shows those two duos do have hilarious physical gags XD

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:38:33 AM »
Finally some activity. :lol: I'll continue with my favorite shows.

Zenigata Kintaro
It's basically a show about "poor" people and their special way of living. Comedians pay them a visit and hilarity ensues, most of the time. There was an episode a while ago about a Berryz wota. :lol:

Enta no Kamisama "The God of Entertainment"
One of the most popular shows in Japan, and that's no surprise. The show has been a great way for new comedians to work their way up. Some noteworthy ones are Sakurazuka Yakkun, Machamacha, Guitar Samurai and Oriental Radio. I lost my weekly source so I haven't followed this lately, though.

Oh, and Japanarama. If anyone is interested, I've got all 3 volumes of it. Lots of familiar faces, Downtown for example. :P

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Japan is nuts! ~The Random TV Show thread~
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
It's back!

It's only auditions for now, but still. :D

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 06:17:21 PM »
I'm starting to watch japanese variety shows. But don't know them much. And "japanese no understand what say yo~"... sad.  :cry:

One of my faves is London Hearts.  :twisted:

And this clip was pretty high on my weirdscale~:
http://www.glumbert.com/media/japtetris

Offline auroragb

• Erien Probe
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 09:51:49 PM »
yeah, the human tetris thing is pretty famous.  They copy it in one of TW's variety shows too
Comprehensive 2006 Jdrama fansub index | 2007 Jdrama fansub index
HP Chinese FC Website guides: Free membership | Paid FC membership | shopping
Yes! You can join from pretty much anywhere in the world

Offline Bleachhh

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 06:23:15 AM »
Human Tetris is freaking the greatest game ever. I wish i can play it, looks fun

Offline riyo

• No.4ロケット
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »
anybpdy heard of some Japanese TV show called "the wife is a foreigner"?
i saw some old clips at Japanprobe and thought it was pretty interesting and funny too.

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=104

it might not even still be on, considering how old the video is, lol.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 12:20:10 AM »
It's back!

It's only auditions for now, but still. :D

I'm waiting for people to upload 8 and 9 which i'm missing.

No. 10 looks good :D My favorites are 360 monkikies + his combi and Inoki + Baba

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 07:17:51 AM »
^Same here.

360 Monkies was funny the first few times, but now it's just getting old. :P Maybe I should start watching Japanese baseball. My favorites have to be Koumoto, Garittochuu, Yuenchi Kujira and Zun. All of them are good, though.

But yeah, Mini Inoki's silent exits make him hilarious. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:28:05 AM by Ayabie »

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 04:09:23 AM »
doinkies has been watching Tamori no Japonica Logos a lot recently. It's really funny and interesting.

The latest episode was especially funny. It was about misheard lyrics in songs, and various people submitted some of their misheard lyrics, and videos of their kids singing a song wrong. One particular funny misheard lyric on the show was from Hamasaki Ayumi's "fairyland". Someone sang a line in the refrain, "Ano umi e to tsuzuku / michinori mujaki ni" as "Ano umi e to tsuzuku / michi ga beef jerky"  :lol:

And there was this little kid who, while doing radio exercises outside, sang along with the exercise song, and she sang the line "Atarashii asa ga kita / kibou no asa" as "Atarashii papa ga kita / kibou no asa"  :lol: :lol:

I recommend this show, especially if you're studying Japanese (probably intermediate level would be good to watch this show and understand most of it). It also talks about signs with strange-sounding Japanese found all across the country, kanji, phrases, and new slang among other things.

Other variety shows doinkies watches:
Downtown DX, Idoling!!!, Lincoln, London Hearts, Nep League, SMAPxSMAP

Music shows doinkies watches:
CDTV, Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ, Music Fighter, Music Japan, Music Station, Utaban
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:14:35 AM by doinkies »

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 04:20:08 PM »
For learning purposes, I prefer Q-sama. Though, I haven't seen much of Tamori no Japonica before. :lol: Tamori is lame. I guess I'll try to overlook that and get the next episode.

Offline SweetSayumi

• The dude with the Fakes AND JAVs
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »
I'm really into those gameshows like Millionaire Kazouku, Mechaike and so on.. What i really would like to see maybe is one episode of the Japanese Who wants to be a millionaire.

Offline Bleachhh

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 02:15:56 AM »
I love the Human Tetris Bits. Annoyed that others are copying them... and not funny either

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 10:48:09 AM »
I did catch another show, on my trip, that I thought was pretty interesting. Super Chample, a show with lotsa dancing.
Or more specifically, Hitori-de-dekiru-mon. He's great.  :roll:

A few clips of him (show the xmas version to the kids, so they won't ask for presents from santa  XD):
http://www.stage6.com/videos/search:Hitori-de-dekiru-mon

And other performers:
http://www.stage6.com/videos/search:chample

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 05:41:56 PM »
random things like human tetris are funny
those guys from gaki no tsukai are crazy too. macchan and hamachan are funny.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 05:07:23 AM »
back to monomane, anyone has the komakasugite tsutawaranai monomane series for vol 8, 9, 10 and 11?

i really miss it and youtube its just too small for my liking XD

Q Sama's pressure study is a good way to learn Japanese, and the guests are mostly cute as they get those female announcers to join.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyde - Hello