JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Babyrock (Sonpub Remix)

Author Topic: [CHI] Stephen Chow  (Read 91573 times)

Offline spimmy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Stephen Chow - KING OF COMEDY
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2007, 10:41:25 PM »
Kung Fu Hustle was a good movie.  Funny stuff!  Let's hope his new stuff is just as good.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2007, 06:08:58 AM »
If y'all haven't grabbed this. GRAB IT!! A primer for being a Stephen Chow fan.

Stephen Chow 38 Gig TORRENT

Plenty of seeds. Pretty healthy, GRAB IT RIGHT here: http://www.mediafire.com/?eckgyfftqf2

Includes all  his movies and  then some random shit too. I dunno if it's in mando or just cantonese. I see subtitles though. Check out his filmography:
http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/chow_stephen.htm

Makes up for the VCD, DVD, and shitloads of RMVB, AVI that I've collected. There's TONS of rare shit in there from his 1988-1990 pre-superstar days!!!

NEW STEPHEN CHOW NEWS!! well...it's new to me lol

Long River 7, aka A Hope, the film Chow is currently shooting in China. The film has been described as "the Stephen Chow astronaut movie" and "the Stephen Chow sci-fi film" and "whatever we have to wait for him to finish before he does Kung Fu Hustle 2."

MonkeyPeaches also quoted a summary of the plot that appeared in a Chinese newspaper: Chow plays a single dad who loses his job and gives his son a toy he found in the trash ... except the toy turns out to be a powerful object from another planet.

Stephen Chow consults for "Shaolin Girl" in Japan

BEIJING, April 8 -- Japan's Fuji TV has invited Hong Kong comedy star Stephen Chow to be a consultant for the new movie "Shaolin Girl" starring Japanese star Kou Shibasaki.

Stephen Chow enjoys wide popularity and a high reputation in Japan, especially for his movies "Shaolin Soccer" and "Kung Fu Hustle."

Oriental Daily reported that the movie is expected to begin shooting in the middle of April and finish in three months in Japan. Hong Kong actors Lam Chi Chung and Kai Man Tin will join the crew in Japan on April 16.

Chinese actress Zhang Yuqi, the latest actress selected by Stephen Chow to star with him in his movies, might not be able to join in this Japanese movie because she is engaged in another movie.

Publicized as a mixture of Hong Kong movie "Shaolin Soccer" and Japanese TV drama "Pride," the movie is about a girl who adopts Shaolin kung fu in playing ice hockey.

(Source: CRIENGLISH.com)

WHOA!!! With Kou :heart:

Offline jpfn

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2007, 07:40:07 AM »
yeah, cant wait for the sequel

Offline vergil83

• Member+
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »
I've been waiting for a sequel over a long time. Stephen Chow is the best when it comes to comedy.

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »
I watched King Of Beggars the other week. I really enjoyed it, looking forward to his next film!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2007, 09:02:40 PM »
WELL, I made a stab at that torrent and I am proud to say I have every Chow Sing Chi movie except "He Who Chases After the Wind" in either RIP (RMVB, AVI, MPG) or VCD/DVD. Next up!! HIS TVB WORKS! XD

This package quenched my thirst for his EARLY pre-superstar shit, like "Dragon Fight" with Jet Li:

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/6475/1988dragonfightvcdib4.jpg

- forgettable comedy with Jacky Cheung (not Curry & Pepper)

to doing triad movies ("Just Heroes" -- John Woo/Tsui Hark unknown movie) and slapstick with Sandra Ng Kwun-Yu,

6.jpg/view/].jpg/view/]

Then there's the CLASSICS "Royal Tramp" series, plain and simple...he's a true pervert trying to bag as many as he can in "Duke of Mount Deer" parody style.

and "Lawyer Lawyer"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2008, 07:56:45 AM »
*bump* ONE YEAR LATER!!!!

Who watched this???

TORRENT: http://www.mybtfile.com/torrent/55100432/

:bow: :bow:

I copped the DVD but haven't yet :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2008, 07:10:16 AM »
Stephen Chow Directing Seth Rogen's Green Hornet!

This is a dream come true for Seth Rogen and his writing partner Evan Goldberg! Stephen Chow, the Chinese director known for Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle, will star in and direct The Green Hornet. For the longest time, Chow had been rumored to be Rogen's top choice for the character of Kato, the Green Hornet's sidekick. But now we learn that not only will he take on that role, but he's going to direct the film as well, which might just be the best news we've heard all month! I was already looking forward to seeing Rogen's take on the Green Hornet, but now I'm sure this is going to be something truly great. Bruce Lee previously played Kato on the classic TV show, but now it's time for Stephen Chow to step in.

In a previous interview with ComingSoon, Rogen explained that his version of The Green Hornet is "a very intense action movie and the relationship between Green Hornet and Kato, a lot of comedy comes from that." He mentions that they weren't sure whether they wanted a Kato with more humor or not, but decided "in the version that we've made it seems like a Stephen Chow type guy would be more suitable for the role." Hence why this is a dream come true for Rogen, and for all the fans, because this means Green Hornet now has the potential to turn out incredible. Anyone who has ever seen any of Chow's previously films (including CJ7 earlier this year) knows that he can perfectly combine comedy and action.

I've been excited for The Green Hornet from the very beginning, even knowing that Seth Rogen wrote the script and that it would be more comedic. I think there's just something refreshingly unique about this entire concept and I like that he's bringing back a character that really isn't too well known. I was nervously waiting to see who they'd choose as a director, because that could really make or break this project. But Stephen Chow couldn't be a more perfect choice. Even though I didn't love Kung Fu Hustle, I feel like he's one of the only directors who could really do this film justice. The release date is still set for June 25th, 2010 and we'll be sure to follow this project closely as Rogen and Chow prepare to shoot.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/19/stephen-chow-directing-seth-rogens-green-hornet/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
WTF!!!

That's part -- me going  :tama-wtf: -another part going HOLYSHIT!  :shocked:

If any chance for Sing Yeh to breakthrough THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Stephen Chow
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 12:54:08 PM »
Stephen Chow No Longer Directing Seth Rogen's Green Hornet

Although it was already officially announced in September that Stephen Chow was set to direct Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's big screen Green Hornet movie, he has apparently stepped down citing "creative differences" as his reason for leaving. Chow will still play Kato, Green Hornet's sidekick, but won't have any involvement in directing. Columbia Pictures and producer Neal Moritz are currently searching for a new director to replace Chow and expect to have a new one announced by the end of the year, which is only in just a few more weeks. As far as we know, Sony still wants this in theaters on June 25th, 2010.

While we probably won't ever hear the real story, I expect that the studio really wanted something more audience friendly and accessible, while Chow didn't. He's a great director (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle, CJ7) but I think he joined this with a different agenda than the execs. Given this is also Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's passion project, I'm sure they're upset about his decision to leave, too. I expect we'll be hearing some details from Rogen in the next few months, so stay tuned. I've been supporting this project all along and hope they find another director that I can still get excited about as well.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/18/stephen-chow-no-longer-directing-seth-rogens-green-hornet/

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 01:26:48 PM »
Man that sucks - but its good. He's been working his ass off since the late 90s wearing both hats.

Sing Yeh so concentrate on what he does best....Being Mo Lei Tau XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2008, 06:55:01 AM »
Stephen Chow Might Ditch The Green Hornet Entirely?

What exactly is going on here? A week ago we reported the rather depressing news that Stephen Chow would no longer be directing Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's The Green Hornet. Ultimately it was a bearable decision, especially considering he was reportedly still going to play Kato, Green Hornet's sidekick. Well according to Chow himself in an interview with the Associated Press, that might not happen either. Chow says that it was scheduling that made him pull out on directing the film, and that his involvement as Kato also depends on his schedule. Let's hope it works out or else this project might be ruined!

When Chow was announced as Kato and the director, it seemed like a dream come true for Rogen and Goldberg, as they'd been saying all along that he was their top choice for Kato. Not only did they get who they wanted, but they got a two-for-one with Chow as the director. If he ends up ditching this project entirely it will definitely leave me a bit worried, as I thought he could pull everything together and potentially turn it into a great film. My message to Sony - make sure you keep Stephen Chow as Kato! Screw the June 25th, 2010 release date, do what you need to make it work - it will pay off in the end!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/23/stephen-chow-might-ditch-the-green-hornet-entirely/

:thumbdown:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »
Stop production ASAP. Obviously Sing Yeh is taking a page outta his BFF Tony Leung Chiu Wai's book - never sell out! There's no other actor who can replicate the role that Bruce Lee made famous.

Wonder what he's working on now? Kung Fu Hustle 2? lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2009, 07:35:19 AM »
Rei-chan says I look like Sing Yeh XD

Here's a scene ... well teh ending to the Lunar New Year movie All's well, that ends well:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »
Seth Rogen Says His Green Hornet Movie is Still On

A few days ago we ran a rumor about The Green Hornet being canned by Sony. According to a recent update from the film's writer and star, Seth Rogen, that rumor just isn't true. Rogen contacted HitFix (the guys who reported the original story) and assured them that Sony still has every intention of making it. Apparently Stephen Chow's decision to leave as director might have caused a few people to lose their confidence and start questioning whether it would still get made, which is why a few of them thought it was being canned. But if Rogen has anything to do with it, and he does, it'll still happen as planned.

"[The studio heads] have every intention on making it, and assuming we're able to hire a new director in the upcoming weeks, which seems like a distinct possibility, it should still hit the release date," Rogen told HitFix. Not only is he starring in the film and co-writing it, but he's also producing, which means he has more than just a strong say in what happens. And may I remind you that Sony did put out a logo and set a June 25th, 2010 release date. As I said originally, it's very rare to see a studio do something like that, then back out entirely. But it sounds like they're still trying to figure things out and get this made.

So as far as we know, it looks like Sony is still moving forward with The Green Hornet and they're trying to find a new director. And according to AICN, it looks like Stephen Chow also still remains attached as Kato, contrary to other rumors. Like it or not, we'll be seeing Seth Rogen's Green Hornet in 2010.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/28/seth-rogen-says-his-green-hornet-movie-is-still-on/

Moriarty's Sundance Pillow Talk Wrong... Stephen Chow is still on GREEN HORNET & it ain't dead yet!

Hey folks, Harry here... There's a strange world that occurs up in the frozen wilds of Sundance. Amid all the black leather and Blackberries - the very non-LA weather creates a crotchety bitch fest, where rumors start spiraling like snowflakes in the air. The big one this year was that GREEN HORNET was swatted.

My sources around Stephen Chow say, not so fast Moriarty! Sure, the evil professor may have a new assumed identity, but he's still out to thwart Good and the powers of truth and justice... even under his new alias of Drew McWeeny.

It seems Stephen Chow is still attached and moving forward on GREEN HORNET. Meanwhile, long time Asian Film site, MonkeyPeaches which has provided AICN with an awesome array of Asian Film scoops in the past is reporting that Stephen Chow's next foreign film is called JOURNEY TO THE WEST!

How do you respond... Mo... I mean, DREW MCWEENY? IF THAT'S YOUR NAME?!?!? Will you be man enough to admit how you're just an evil doddering ol frigid fool for listening to the Sundance Bitching? Hmmm? I will be watching to see if you do any significant follow up!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39902

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2009, 10:22:11 PM »
Chow joins Jack Black in superhero comedy?

Chinese media is reporting that Stephen Chow is considering writing and directing an unnamed Hollywood action/comedy starring himself and actor Jack Black. This is in addition to reports that Chow may yet star in a big screen update to THE GREEN HORNET.  Black previously voiced the lead character in DreamWorks’ animated martial arts hit KUNG FU PANDA. This unconfirmed report appeared in the “Oriental Morning Post” and cited Wei Dasen, a representative from Chow’s company.

Wei is quoted as saying, “It will be about a superhero, action-packed, special effects-rich, and of course funny.” The newspaper said that sources close to Chow suggest that the film will be similar in style to his 2004 hit KUNG FU HUSTLE. That film was often liked to a live-action Looney Tunes cartoon. Actress Ann Hathaway (GET SMART) has been named as a likely female lead.

Even if this news doesn’t pan out it suggests that behind the scenes there is intense effort being made on both sides of the Pacific to figure out some way to plug Chow into the Hollywood machine. He has been box office gold in Hong Kong for years and recent hits like SHAOLIN SOCCER and KUNG FU HUSTLE have proven that Chow’s brand of humor translates well to the Western market. With Chow continually being associated with directing a Hollywood movie, it’s more than likely that he is pushing to make sure that he doesn’t fall into the trap that some of his peers have, like Jackie Chan who ended up typecast in flimsy action comedies.
http://www.kungfucinema.com/?p=5031

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2009, 09:21:37 PM »
Oh shit man. What is he doing? :lol: FINALLY hollywood is taking notice, I wonder if y'all guys who like his Kung Fu Hustle/Shaolin Soccer seen his older lower brow humor?

I heard another one that he's gonna do Monkey King again - but serious.

We got know that Steven Chow planned to do an adaptation of classic Chinese fantasy novel “Journey to the West”, tells the story of the Tang Monk and his three disciples, the Monkey King, Piggy and Sandy, traveling to India for Buddhist texts (as reported back in November 2007 on this site). Then everything went quiet until this week. Just a few days ago, a Chinese reporter bumped into Tin Kai-Man, a member of the director’s board of Chow’s Star Overseas and the co-star in several movies by Chow, including Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer. Tin just completed a three-day low profile trip to China’s southwestern province of Sichuan, where a part of it was devastated by the earthquake last year. He said one of his objectives of his trip was to scout locations for the movie and he had visited several popular tourist sites, like Emei Mountain and the gigantic Buddhist statue of Leshan. After the Chinese New Year, he will visit other sites, Jiuzhaigou (Valley of Nine Villages, featured in Zhang Yimou’s Hero). He also made a scouting trip to Qichun of Hubei Province last year. Tin said the pre-production has begun though the script had yet to be finalized and finance had yet secured.

Back in 1994, Steven Chow played the Monkey King in Chinese Odyssey duology, with a wacky story not based on the novel and only with the main characters borrowed from it. Tin said it was Chow’s dream to make a real “Journey to the West” movie. Chow wanted to play Tang Monk but was overruled by a financier from Taiwan, who believes he should play the Monkey King again. Someone from Star Overseas once said this movie would be very faithful to the novel but according to Tin, the story would be quite different from the book. The pre-production will take a long-time to complete and the shooting schedule will not be created until the end of 2009 or even early 2010. Tin said Stephen Chow was still working on The Green Hornet. What? He's still involved?

SOURCE: http://monkeypeaches.com/

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2009, 07:44:48 AM »
I saw a poster for Shaolin Girl yesterday but found out that it was already shown last year. DLd it when I got home. :lol:

Though the movie started similar to Shaolin Soccer, it had the fighting scenes the previous movie lacked.

Pretty good movie. Lots of girls in lacrosse uniforms for eye candy and the fat guy and salary man from Shoalin Soccer and Okamura are there for comic relief. :lol: (but they can fight too.)

Kitty Zhang is hot!

Kou Shibasaki kicks ass!

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2009, 07:59:36 AM »
WERD!! And Stephen Chow producer.  :lol: I have yet to watch it too even tho I pimped it.

Anne Hathaway Dons Super Cape For Stephen Chow Comedy?

Even though Stephen Chow passed on the Green Hornet picture with Seth Rogen, he's not done playing with the super-genre. In fact, rumor has it he's cast Anne Hathaway in a new superhero comedy.

According to Wei Dasen (reporting in China.org.cn) Chow's company has its sites set on a CG-heavy, explosion-packed comedy. Chow mentioned before that he wanted to work with funnyman Jack Black on his next project, and Hathaway is known for tackling big-budget comedy features in between her indie projects, so the timing seems right. But what kind of superhero would Hathaway be? My guess: a by-the-book action star who needs loosening up... enter Jack Black. Hopefully it'll be a bit more creative than that, but probably not. Chow is currently writing the screenplay and will also co-star.

[via slashfilm]

Sounds interesting  :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2009, 07:02:46 PM »
Stephen Chow is Entirely Out of Seth Rogen's Green Hornet

Wait, when did this happen? Sometime last week, a sketchy article hit SpoilerTV that contained, simply, a copy/pasted line from a casting call for the role of Kato in Green Hornet. There was no information - just a description of the character. But the last we knew, Stephen Chow had been cast in that role. Seth Rogen had been dying to get him, as he'd be the perfect Kato, and for a while he even had him attached to direct the movie. Apparently following his decision to drop out as director, it took too long for it to find its legs again, as Chow has moved on to a new movie (or so CHUD says) and due to scheduling can't star anymore.

So maybe this isn't all that shocking. Last December, after the news that he was no longer directing had hit, Chow had said that his involvement was now dependent on his own schedule. "Let's hope it works out," I said, because if not, "this project might be ruined!" I don't think it'll be ruined without him, especially with Michel Gondry directing, but this is another setback that is probably chipping away at their optimism. Just a year ago, it seemed like Rogen had worked out everything perfectly, with Chow to direct and co-star. But now, I'm not sure. Sony still wants this out by July 9th, 2010, so they better find a replacement soon!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/14/stephen-chow-is-entirely-out-of-seth-rogens-green-hornet/

:smhid

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Babyrock (Sonpub Remix)