JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - TABI NO TOCHUU

Author Topic: [TV] Degrassi  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Crazy shizz

• Anya's Slave
  • Member+
[TV] Degrassi
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »

I watched Degrassi when I was like in 8th grade and it's still on. Ya'll don't make fun of me  :lol:

Wiki:
depicts the lives of a group of high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors, as they deal with some of the issues that young adults face such as abusive relationships, bullying, sexual identity, gender identity, pregnancy, illegal situations, family issues, drugs, and alcoholism. This season has an order of 44 episodes, and switched to a telenovela/soap opera format, with the show airing new episodes four days a week, for the first 24 episodes.

I will admit that I like older Degrassi better, but this season is cool too!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Degrassi
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
I don't watch this, but YAY NEW TV TOPIC :lol:

This show gets mentioned all the time when people talk about Skins (UK) XD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Crazy shizz

• Anya's Slave
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »

:inlove:

LOL, when people talk about Degrassi, Skins is mentioned.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »
BUMP.

For anyone of my generation (i.e. mid/late 20s and older) who grew up watching the original Degrassi shows (Degrassi Jr. High/Degrassi High), THIS comes as a major shock. :O

Degrassi star Wheels, a.k.a. actor Neil Hope, reported to have died five years ago
Rebecca Tucker  Feb 16, 2012 – 12:01 PM ET | Last Updated: Feb 16, 2012 2:11 PM ET

News broke on Thursday that actor Neil Hope, who achieved fame on the iconic Canadian after-school program Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High and Degrassi: The Next Generation is dead — and has been for five years.

While several news outlets are reporting that news of Hope’s death was made official on Thursday (Feb. 16), the public Facebook group “Let’s Bring The Real Neil Hope (“Wheels” from Degrassi)” features a confirmation of the actor’s death from Hope’s sister-in-law, Tracy Northrup Hope, dated Jan. 12, 2012. At that time, Tracy reported his date of death as Nov. 25, 2007, and indicated he died of natural causes.

Hope reportedly died in Hamilton at age 35. The actor’s fiancee, Christina Boulard, has released the following statement:

“The family regrets to announce that Neil passed away in Hamilton, Ontario on November 25, 2007 of natural causes. There was some confusion regarding his passing that they do not wish to go public with, which is why they are only announcing his death now to the public and the media.”

Stephen Stohn, Degrassi’s executive producer, also released a statement, via Twitter:

Stephen Stohn @stephenstohn

We have respected the privacy of the family by not saying anything until now, but our entire team is very emotional about his passing.

Hope was born Sept. 24, 1972, in Toronto. His parents were alcoholics — his Degrassi character also struggled with alcoholism — and Hope was candid about his struggle with his parents’ addictions growing up, encouraging teens to speak up and seek help in a 1992 series called Degrassi Talks, which featured the show’s actors discussing issues such as safe sex and addiction. Hope himself struggled with alcohol addiction after the filming of the documentary The Dark Side, which focused on the death of his father.

Hope’s last acting role was on a 2003 episode of Degrassi: The Next Generation called “Should I Stay or Should I Go?”

A memorial website to Hope has been created by web designer Einat Razin, reportedly “with permission from Tracy Northrup Hope (Neil’s brother Danny’s wife)”.

Further details will be added as they become available.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/02/16/degrassi-star-wheels-a-k-a-actor-neil-hope-dead-at-35/

R.I.P. Wheels.
:prayers:

LONG LIVE ZIT REMEDY!!!

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rurika Yokoyama - TABI NO TOCHUU