JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - 19sai

Author Topic: [05/03] Idoling!!! 8th Live Kono Kimochi wa Sou da, Are da, Koi Nandeshou-ng!!!  (Read 11640 times)

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
It's coming...

FOD is down for maintenance right now, but the 8th live should be available soon after it comes back up. ;)

Edit: I have downloaded the video, and I noticed something interesting about the HD version:

They used x264 to encode this video! :shocked
They used some crappy settings, but I still like it better than what the Adobe encoder puts out. :twothumbs
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:09:44 AM by Silverbolt »

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
I can't wait to be able to watch it in full, I missed the first part when it was streamed.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru

Edit: I have downloaded the video, and I noticed something interesting about the HD version:

They used x264 to encode this video! :shocked
They used some crappy settings, but I still like it better than what the Adobe encoder puts out. :twothumbs

cabac=0 / ref = 2, looks crappy indeed. well, maybe they have no time (and/or resource) to encode with higher setting.

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
It's up: http://acchimuitepie.blogspot.com/2010/05/idoling-8th-live-kono-kimochi-wa-sou-da.html

In case anyone's curious, here's the full list of x264 settings they used for this video:
cabac=0 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=5 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / wpredp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=2000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=0.71 / aq=1:1.00
Most of these look like the defaults, but the ones that aren't are really strange. It seems like the person who configured this had no clue about x264. :banghead:

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
those dance before hyakkaryouran idoling!!! is cool  :twothumbs

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
finally get to watch the whole concert. Here are a few of my thoughts:

the show was good but nothing near as awesome as the 7th live for me. Without Yazawa on stage quite a lot of energy is lost, Love Magic Fever isn't as hyper without her. I'm not sure whether its the props of the stage or something but the stage looks a bit dull and the band member doesn't stand out at all like in the 6th and 7th (I'm liking the band members so its kinda a bummer). Plus the varied genre of SUNRISE cause maintaining the energy of the show kinda hard I guess.

Then, no self introduction... aaw man. MCs are fine, the Amimi + Yazawa was kinda cool. Amimi has been wanting to do that act for quite sometime I guess  XD Still remember her do it during the daisuki Idoling!!! And Masuno only MC-ed once, considering that he has been MC-ing all the other Idoling lives before this, the sudden change is kind of weird.

However performance wise 2 songs really stood out, La la la no song and 3do me no kinenbi. Endou screaming her hearts out, idols coming out from the audience seat, kabuki MC and headbanging idols just spell the word WIN. 3do me was totally the opposite but still manages to please the heart.

and like SuzukiRyo point out, the dance before hyakkaryouran was really cool. Ruka was 'tokkaiko junjou-ing" like mad and damn the girl can really dance.

Overall the show was pleasing. I no standard was a fun performance, the medley was purely crazy. Looking forward for the 9th live~

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I was watching the show again last night and noticed that Fonchi is missing a button on her costume.

Offline Special Needs Tricycle

• Member+
I also noticed that Phongchi had gained quite a bit of weight when I watched that concert.  :lol: Hopefully that and the button aren't connected.

Offline Technoboots

• Member+
My copy of the DVD arrived today, have to say I enjoyed Sakacchi's birthday surprise. It was a good twist on the usual and you could tell she wasn't expecting it.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Suga Shikao - 19sai