JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - So Fa Mi Re

Author Topic: Love at First Sight? (Favourite member stories)  (Read 19641 times)

Offline emifebruary

• 大谷雅恵 is love
  • Member+
Love at First Sight? (Favourite member stories)
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2006, 04:17:16 PM »
I fall in love with Masae the first time I see MKB's midara matendou PV !
I tought : "Oh My God who is this goddess ?"
I start listening HP with Mini Moni and when I first saw MKB It was a schock for me ! Masae looks so mature and different !
First I was also a Nono fan, don't really know why cause she's really the opposite of me :p But after seeing the first MKB concert on DVD I realize that this group is the best girl band of the world :)
I love Masae's voice, face, look, character and even her body ... I like the fact that she didn't have a really hot body like Rika ! She's human ...
Furthermore I always wanted to change the color of my hair like Masae but I don't have the courage :( So I like to see her do what I can't !
Like her rainbow color, when I was 18 it was my dream to do it !! So when I see her like this I thougt : "we have the same ideas !"
I know I will always support her and her career even if MKB dies.
Masae is my love :heart:

MELON KINENBI............THE POSSIBLE................WONDER GIRLS
Thanks mini*wheat and genericpaperdoll

Offline crapx

• Risa For Eternity..
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2006, 07:32:47 PM »
My favorite h!p char is risa niigaki but howevery.. it was after the pv sexyboy before i noticed her and it went a long way.. because before that i also felt that takahashi was better as i oftenly saw her on pvs

Well.. Risa Has a beautiful voice.. her voice is talented.. however.. she is unfortunately unappreciated by many who do not know her

Offline theend2080

• eri-sama oshioki kibonnu!
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 05:03:04 AM »
My fav member is Takahashi. I noticed her when i got into H!P watching the Go Girl pv thinking "zomg this girl is the cutest of them all!!" lol i slowly got obessed w/ her. There were those "things" she has. lol first it was the accent that got to me, how funny it sounded and how ppl make fun of it; Her amazing singing voice, lol i dunno how many times i've played her version of furusato over and over; she really really REALLY honto pretty :D started noticing it more when i first saw the Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago pv (yknow those slow closeup "beauty" shots); greeat dancer! first noticed it watching the Sexyboy perf on POPJAM when she did that "roll" thing. zomg my jaw dropped and i totally watched that one part over and over. thats when i noticed how even though every member is doing the same dance move, she can really put mmmmph into it :D. but lately i've lost interest in the current Aichan b/c she's been pretty silent for a long time :P. so my second fav, Kamei, might eventually become my fav member. lol i know i typed alot so here's a brief desc of why i like kamei. 1) Kawaii Erien weirdness 2) We're the same age (born a week before her (w00t sagittarius)) 3) the pouty lips. 4) Singing is getting better 5) 17sai was a hot PB!

whew that was prolly the longest post ive ever made in any forum

Offline Linus

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2006, 11:26:12 PM »
Quote from: Shaoran
Mine love at first sight was in 2000. Yuko in Renai Revolution 21.

Ok... one year and a half later it's time to expand this xD

Yuko drew my attention so bad in RR21 PV. Until then, I had only seen Koi no Dance Site and Happy Summer Wedding, the two PVs that introduced me to MM, and Yuko had already drew my attention on both video clips. It was in RR21 that I started loving her so crazy. Her purple hairy jacket, her blond long hair, and her voice... I fond Yuko to be awesome. And so, so hot.

On the same RR21 PV my love Yoshizawa started to grow. She was a cool girl, a cute face and good looking babe in a blue/turquoise shirt and jeans. Right after Yuko graduated, Yossie became my favorite in MM, sharing the top spot with someone else... Natsumi Abe! Also in RR21, I fell in love with Nacchi's cute face and moves, I couldn't stop watching her parts and I became addicted to her.

Trust the power of PVs!

Offline thelastangel

• get DEF to the bone
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2006, 05:23:25 AM »
My favorite H!P member without doubt and  the reason I am here at this forum is Rika Ishikawa.

Back at the end of 2005 I was introduced to Google Video and after looking at a lot of funny and entertaining videos of various genres I decided to do a search for Japanese videos.  Before I knew it I was able to view for the first time several videos from the Ayaka English lessons segments.  I had no idea what I was watching and never even heard of H!P or HaroMoni.  I thought Ayaka was cute, sexy, smart and funny and the girls she interviewed entertaining.  I actually went on a mission to find pictures of Ayaka on the Internet, but came up short.  One of the girls really stood out from the rest...Rika must have been 16 or 17 at the time ...and I decided to try to learn more about her.  The rest is history.  I downloaded a few pictures of Rika found the JPH!P site and really began expanding my appreciation for this young beautilful talented woman.  As far as a celebrity is concerned this is the closest I have ever come to becoming obsesssed.  Old skool Rika, new skool Rika, singing Rika, acting Rika, idol Rika....I love everything about this girl.  

I did not really know anything about MoMusu so I listened to a lot of Biyuuden to get familiar with JPOP (until them I had only listened to Anime OSTs and Noriko Sakai with regards to Japanese music).  I really wanted to support Biyuuden becasue of my desire to support Rika.  When I saw her graduation special from HaroMoni I actually got tears in my eyes.  She was so beautiful and poised - I could see how she had matured from those early years on the Ayaka videos.  When I learned her favorite song was "The Peace" I started listening to that and other Momusu music.  

Well it is now over 9 months since I first had my initial "love at first sight" experience wiht Rika.  My admiration and respect for her had grown over those months.  She will always mean something special to me and I am glad that I can share my story with like minded people here.

I have expanded my taste and knowledge of H!P during the same time period.  I now know more about all the members of MoMusu both past and present and have really developed a taste for JPOP.  Not a day goes by that I do not listen to music from the H!P girls.  I am now a real fan of Gocchin, Nacchi, Ai-chan, and Mikitty.  I watch H!P realted videos now religiously both subbed and unsubbed.  I owe all of these great expeiences to the fans of H!P - but the catalyst for all of the fun and enjoyment that I have had stems from my attraction to the talent and beauty of the incredible Rika-chan :heart: :heart: :heart:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 05:26:44 AM by thelastangel »
-_-The HANA----------The MGF------------The AME-----------The RIVE

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »
:D I like reading these stories so Imma bump this again ;)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2006, 11:57:38 AM »
I'll call your bump, and raise you a story!

Before H!P, I was obsessed with anime, watching just about anything I could download. I once watched a 50-episode series in one day. It wasn't much of a stretch to get into the live-action PGSM, as it brought together anime with cute teenage girls and a hell of a lot of panty shots. From there, it was a pretty short jump from girls playing idols on TV to real idols.

It was early 2005, around when Iida had graduated, when I first got really interested in Hello! Project. I had been previously exposed to H!P by my J-pop obessed friends. I had seen The Peace and All For One, but didn't give them too much thought at the time. It was when my friend posted the Rika vs. Chickens clips when I started to become fascinated by this excessively cute girl with a high-pitched voice and a paralyzing fear of live birds. I'd later find out that this same girl was the center for The Peace and was easily the most eye-catching girl in All For One. She truly has a magnetic quality that comes out on screen.

While Rika's overt cuteness and looks hooked me, Konno's understated cuteness, personality, and intelligence slowly made me into a true fan. Whereas other girls went forth to grab your attention, Konno seemed content to let you come to her.

Konno first caught my attention when I saw the Bakajo test, where she thoroughly thrashed all competition. I always had a thing for the humble and intelligent type. Later, I saw the 13-gakkari Christmas special, which showed a hilariously manipulative Konno. Even though that was fiction, it was fun to think of Konno playing mind games with the rest of Morning Musume.

The photobooks were icing on the cake. Somehow, this quiet, my-pace girl who was always eating (albeit slowly) had a heck of a figure and a way with the camera. As proof of my fandom, I now own each Konno PB, as well as her Alo-Hello DVD. Not even Rika could claim to have caused me to spend that much money for her items.

AND NOW SHE'S GONE!:pencry: :ONgyaaah: :cry:   :MKcry1: :ONfainted:
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »
^ sob sob

For me SPEED brought me into j-pop and j-world. Till now my #1 all-time j-pop still belongs to SPEED's Alive.

From then on, i discovered Momusu during a weekly visit to the local cd house. Morning Coffee and Furusato made me a fan but i never had favourites within the group, loved them as a whole. It was only till when the 4th gen came in that i started to lose them and lost them at 1 point.. to Ayumi.

Then 1 fine day, 1 cute girl pulled me back into H!P again. That was Miki. She was just my type of girl, her appearance, personality(if she wasnt faking it (^^);;, her dressing + everything. From then on i followed only her, though i knew what was happening inside Momusu. Soon her PBs, albums were lined up nicely in my drawers and all i could see was her.

Then tradegy struck!! (yes i still believed it was a mistake) She joined Momusu. End of story... not :D Although i preferred her to go solo, it was fun to see her interacting as a group and slowly it brought out the yankeeness within her. But i still love her because deep down somewhere inside her, i still can feel the good old Mikitty that first debuted. The one that stole my heart.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
Re: Love at First Sight? (Favourite member stories)
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2007, 10:53:20 PM »
Well.... my favorite H!P member is Nacchi. I saw her first on Renai Revolution 21 PV, shown by a friend but not a H!P fan.

well here's the story:

i was really amazed with her look when i first saw her. She looked really cute, especially in the parts where she is in the red dress costume. Also, when she had the two (pigtail???) hair hanging from the side, she just look so cute there. Also, when i later get to know her more, to be more exact, know Morning Musume more and then Hello! Project, i really like her because of her personalities. I don't really watch Hello! Morning because i live in US and i don't really know Japanese, i just learned a little from listen to Momusu songs, so i watch the Specials with Subtitles, like the Mechaike Okajo and Bakajo. She was really funny in those two Specials.

Offline Sexykago

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2007, 04:27:05 PM »
First jpop artist I ever got into was Utada Hikaru. I read about her in a mag and downloaded her music when I got home. On my 56k connection I had then. :bleed eyes:

This was way back, before I started taking Japanese classes, before my trip to Japan in 2004. Before lots of people had heard of her because of kingdom hearts. Most of the stuff I had of her wasn't her best stuff. It didn't really matter though, I absoluted loved her voice. My favorite song of her's was Can You Keep a Secret.

During that time Hikki was about the only Jpop I listened to. All else was rock music and jpop from anime. Anime was about the only Japanese thing I was watching then. <.<

As soon as I discovered I could start taking Japanese classes...wow. Yeah, I was pretty happy. Not long after that I got a cable internet connection too. I started downloading anime shows on the internet, browsing J-Rock rotations sites and whatever I could find every day. And watching the stuff with fellow classmates. So I saw alot more PVs and such now. I wasn't into any artist other than hikki still.

During the time I was in Japan I bought a issue of shonen jump. I had wanted to buy some manga while I was there. And when I saw one with W on the cover I had to buy it. Of course I didn't know it was W at the time. I did see aibon and nono before then though. I had seen them before in a momuse PV. Yeah, I thought they were adorable. And I had to buy that issue. I thought they were both cute but I liked aibon more. I stared at that mag quite alot when on the trains and whatnot in Japan. Oddly enough I didn't even really realize that the girls on the cover I thought were cute were the same girls I had seen on the PV before... <.<;;

I knew I liked aibon from that momusu PV and then went on to buy a comic book just because it had her on the cover. Twas fate. And twas love at first site. It's a pretty big deal I think that I bought that comic book just because it had them/her on the cover.

When I came back home it was more Japanese classes and more downloading J-Rock/J-Pop/Anime again. I discovered all the J-Rock download sites because they were all linking to each other and so I went from site to site all the time. Putting the good ones in my favorites. Eventually one of the rotation sites linked to a place called Public MM Torrents. I leeched from there for a while. Mostly downloading J-Rock. They didn't just have momusu but jpop and jrock as well. One of files I downloaded was minimoni the movie: Okashina Daibouken. It was awesome. I was thinking to myself how I loved Japan's cute culture and how I could watch movies like this all day. At first of the movie I was also like "these girls look awfully familiar....". I didn't realize till about halfway through the movie that they were the same girls that were on my comic book! I went crazy. Not only was this an awesome movie, it had those girls. It was kinda hard to figure out because the comic book was them in W when they were older and this movie was them in minimoni when they were younger. Still kind of embarrassing that it took me halfway through the movie though.

This was a turning point for me. This public MM place, though it had various jpop and jrock had a theme. A theme with a bunch of girls on the banner that would change each time you refreshed. After watching the movie, I downloaded more various things. J-Rock, J-Pop and sometimes the stuff that the site was truly for, h!p. I figured out fairly quickly that those girls were part of that group that this site was about. But not long after that, Public MM torrents went down. Permanently. I went back to my old rotation sites for a while. But I kept on the lookout for finding another place that had Japanese music torrents. Rotation sites were getting kind of old to me. I eventually tried to figure out if Public MM was making another place. Sites often change Urls or locations or whatever. Since I had figured out MM stood for Morning Musume. So I googled it. I ran into several sites, and like I figured, aibon was a part of this thing. I had to find another place to download like I did last. I searched harder and with a sense of urgency I never had before.

With this urgent searching I eventually ran into hello!online. One of the first torrents I put up was the video I got from public mm, the minimoni movie. With each new site I looked at and each torrent I downloaded at hello!online my love for aibon grew more and more intense.

And that's how I got to where I am now.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2007, 06:00:19 PM »
My first favorite H!P member was Kago. I remember searching for Gackt clips on YouTube and came across the Gackt and Kago "date". I thought she was really cute, funny, and sweet, and I saw more clips of her (mainly in Minimoni) and I instantly became a fan.

How I became a fan of Yossie, my current favorite member, I have no idea. I think it started with seeing the skits in Hello! Morning and seeing a clip of a H!M 2005 Shuffle episode where Yossie said 'OH MY GAH' after losing a sexy pose competition or something. :lol:

Offline satan ahh lunn

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »
well, the second member i fell in love at first sight is Goto Maki, also first seen her from Renai Revolution 21, almost the same as the story i posted earlier.

at first i thought she was Sayumi Michishige, because i read from wikipedia.org, while researching about Morning Musume, i was only reading the current members part, which i didnt know back then, and at Sayumi information part, i read that she likes to do the peace thing next to her ear or something and part of that did happen in Renai Revolution 21 PV, with Goto Maki, towards the end. But then when i found another site, which show the members and the picture of them in each PV, if available, and i found that i was actually wrong. But then, when i got to know her more, i start to not like her as much as i did. the reason i liked her from Renai Revolution 21 was because she looked really gorgeous in the PV, thinking that she looks like around 21-23 but seems so cute at that age, but she wasn't that old back in that PV.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2007, 05:20:37 AM »
lool a girl of other forum was asking me why i´m a fon of Takahashi... well, when i started watching MM videos, i find Reina quite cute and whith a good voice but suddenly i watch the Iroppoi Jirettai PV and i watch Takahashi dancing so sexy, so cute and so good at singing *o* it was perfect... so don´t care if i´m just another fan of Ai-chan, that´s how it is... oh but at first i tought she was chinese O_O don´t know why.

BTW my first MM experience was an mp3 of the manpower XD and a video of reina singing iropoi onna sexy baby

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 12:04:32 AM »
I first got into H!P about 5 years ago with some Mini Moni. videos. My friend manamin and I thought they were hilarious, but didn't really follow up much except I kinda wondered at one point where "that orange haired girl" went.  :dunno:

Then in 2004, someone mentioned on a forum that Mini Moni. had disbanded. I had no idea at the time that they were a current group, so I decided to research this. I found out that it was a subgroup of that Morning Musume. thing and that Tsuji and Kago (who I still couldn't tell apart at this point) had just graduated! I downloaded the concert for giggles and then, like a beacon of light, There was Yossi. And it was good.  :luvluv2:

I immediately wanted to know who this funny, boyish, hot girl was. I did some research, downloaded some PVs, then the entire discography, then started buying concerts and photobooks, and, uh... here I am 3 years later wearing an ungodly expensive Yoshizawa Graduation necklace and obsessively buying Gatas singles. :hee:

Offline nikitty104

• Yossie Love <3
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2007, 10:53:13 AM »
heehee, my story is kinda lame..

i havent been into H!P for very long so my first PV was Kanashimi Twilight..
when i watched it the main girl that caught my eye was some tall chick with a green tie..
 ..and so it began.
but, i've never really been the kind of person to judge someone solely on looks, so i started watching some hello morning episodes.
the more i watched, the more i liked   :grin:

i dunno what brought my attention to her the most. Yossie just stuck out to me.. and now i'm obsessed.. but i wouldn't have it any other way  :)

Offline ShoujoHino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2007, 04:53:44 AM »
I first got into MM when the 6th gen just started. My favorite members were Kaori, because of her long hair (I have long hair) Mari (because of her spunk and strength despite being short) and Aibon because she was so cute, and because I was a big Tanpopo/Minimoni fan (I loved the messages MiniMoni's songs taught to children. better than Kirari IMO)

Then when I saw the 6th gen in various things, I liked Reina because she was the most talented, spunky, had style, and again, was the short one.

Now my favorite members are Koha and the pandas esp. JunJun.

For Koha:
When I saw her audition I have to admit, I was very disappointed. I thought why couldn't one of the good ones get in, and that "miracle" meant that it was a miracle she got in. But when I saw her on H!M and Dokyu I loved her dorky enthusiasm!!! And I still do, plus she's bloomed into quite the beauty!
My letter is read on DokiMiki Night!!!!
http://bit.ly/1Ck34YC

Okitegami Karaoke Contest!

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2007, 11:50:37 PM »

Maihaman wanna read newer entry!

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2007, 01:26:43 AM »
lolwut, what are you supposed to write here? I want to serve Maihaman with sum stuffz~

You know, or you don't know, but my favorite member is Tsugunaga Momoko-himesama (XD).
But some people probably do not know that my favorite member was Tokunaga Chinami at first, like when I got into Berryz Kobo and wasn't around JPH!P. You might guess right, because Chinami is genki and cute and you cannot really dislike her, she is not even very boyish like some member in some other group ( :lol: - no offense, I like that member too). Thus I still care about her and still like her. Still, I also always had some kind of "special connection" to Momoko. Simply because of her Name. I was still more into anime around that time and like.. of the anime "Wedding Peach" the main girl is called Momoko (I didn't know Momoko is peach in English), but even more important is the fact that someone in my community called herself Momoko, so I already had some kind of association hearing that name.
This and her appearance had likely been the reason why I always paid attention to her, I just liked Chinami better at first. Actually I wasn't sure if I should tend to "not like Momoko" or to "love her".
But then, when I was more around this forum, Tama and her - at this point - strong liking for Momoko showed me how awesome Momoko is. It was the last bit I needed to love her, since I didn't know much about the members at all before. So I finally decided to become momowota, starting by just paying more attention to her in multimedia such as concerts and PVs and now not ending but reaching a high level with buying almost everything I can get with her (Sports Festival Momoko edition, Berryz DVD mag 8. Momoko edition, some t-shirt of her twice ..), printing pictures of her and putting both her stuff (t-shirt and other goods) as well as the printed pictures at places in my room I look often at. Yeah... even real worshiping isn't something I would negate... but I am not going into further details at this point  ^-^

So... fuck yeah, I love her! Just not really at first sight  :oops:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:29:45 AM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2008, 02:08:57 AM »
For me, it was in June 2006, I was in youtube(big surprise there lol) and happened to see a video of W's "Shiroi Iro wa Koibito no Iro" which led me to one of H!M karaoke videos. They were singing "Koko ni Iruzee". I immediately thought the song was catchy  XD

Then, it was this girl's turn to sing and ofcourse that girl was Yossie  :heart:
When she belted out the lines "BREEEEEEAK THROUGH!!!" and laughed, I immediately liked her.
She made me laugh so hard  :lol: I had to rewind that part several times because it was hilarious to me. The way she said those lines were just  XD

She stood out to me.
Then I went on to search more on Morning Musume, and saw several PVs, I remember watching Sexy Boy and looking for Yossie and bam! She had grown up! HAHA it took me a while to know how many MM PVs there was so watching them out of order confused me at first but then I started recognizing everyone's face. I learned more about Yossie and her awesome personality and yep that was it, I was a Yossie fan.

So yeah, I liked Yossie the very first time I saw her.
She made me laugh  :grin:

Yossie is still my favorite member up to this day.

First time seeing Yossie:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v874288pDmWj5xZ

At 2:13 is the part that got me XD

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2008, 11:10:48 PM »
The first time I saw Morning Musume was when I was in Japan in Nov 2006. They were preforming the opening song for the World Volleyball Championships. Then I caught part of an episode of Hello! Morning where they performed Aruiteru in the band outfits. That caught my attention, but I had no idea who the were. On the plane home though I was going through the song lists and found them on there with their name in romanji. So, when i got home I looked them up on youtube.

The first video I found and watched was the Morning Musume Vs The Lizard one which I found hilarious but it took me ages to realise that most of the people (if not all - I can't remember who's in that clip) weren't in the group anymore. Very confusing.

The first PV I watched was Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari and the person that stood out to me straight away was Reina. I watched that PV a number of times and checked people against the pictures on Wikipedia so I could work out who was who and Reina still remained my favourite :heart:

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sloth Love Chunks - So Fa Mi Re