JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Kouya No Ookami (Wolf in the Wilderness)

Author Topic: (Artist) Utada Hikaru  (Read 222145 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Utada Hikaru
« Reply #400 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »

Hikki's just a big kid :lol: :lol:

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #401 on: April 03, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
lol cute~

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #402 on: April 04, 2008, 02:24:49 PM »
CDでーた April 2008

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Utada Hikaru
« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »
Bit late to the party I know, but I listened to HEART STATION in full and again feel that Hikki can do no wrong. I may not understand every word, but I do feel a sense of positivity and happiness with every note. Favourites right now are Stay Gold, Beautiful World, HEART STATION and Prisoner of Love, the next single I understand. Really looking forward to the new English album.

Here's the latest Hikki English interview whilst doing promotion of HEART STATION in Taiwan.

http://hikkistation.net/?p=337

Looks pretty much at ill ease in it though. She does admit she's rather uncomfortable with English interviews and she can't really bring herself across as well. Love the beginning though

"Hello hello everybody!"

XD

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #404 on: April 23, 2008, 04:58:45 PM »
Take 5 became one of my favorite songs ever <3

Otherwise I thought HEART STATION was rather boring. I did like Beautiful World for a while though.

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2008, 02:29:36 PM »
I kinda overdid listening Beautiful World, so the HEART STATION album hasn't struck me that good. Take 5 is a good song, but I don't like the ending. Maybe it's clever, but when listening the album as background music, the cut-off ending is like a bullet through my head.
coot is ctz

Offline Greta

• Fanyholic
  • Member+
  • i ♥ fany
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »
HEART STATION was a really good album. It had this really good feeling to it, loved it. Take 5 is an epic track. So is Beautiful World and Stay Gold.
I'm very excited for the new English album. I loved Exodus.  :heart:

Offline Wolfy-chan

« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »
I've got just two pics of her in this PC (now I've got more since I saw this thread  :P), but I'm going to upload them anyways 8D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
^ Lovely :D Some recent pics from Hikki's blog:

Looks thinner than last time I saw her. She admits she lost weight due to summer heat. And check out her blog for some awesome drawings she made of the Ghost In The Shell movie! :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #409 on: September 17, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »

She'd been searching for a grey beret forever :lol:

Oddly though in that same blog entry, she talks about being happy to be 25 years old. But her birthdays in Jan right?  :dunno:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »
^ That's right. It's TODAY. January 19th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIKKI!! :heart:

I will buy your english album and pimp it. SO C'MON EMI!! Gimme free stuff LMAO We legit.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~~
Good luck on your album, Hikki~ You can bet i'm buying it or I'll be getting it as a Birthday present :P

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2009, 11:19:03 PM »
!!

[size=8]Happy Birthday Hikki!![/size]

Here's to my favourite J-Pop artist! Eccentric, dorky and a tetris freak. What's not to love? :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »
Utada assembles top producers for new album

Island Def Jam has released some information about Hikaru Utada's upcoming English album. Although the title is still unknown, the release date has been set for March 24 in the U.S. and March 4 in Japan. A total of 10 songs have been lined up for the album, which was recorded in New York, Atlanta, and Tokyo.

The lead single "Come Back to Me," which was unveiled earlier this month on MySpace and on Utada's Island Records site, will begin radio airplay in the U.S. on February 9. The song will also be made available on iTunes the same day.

It has also been revealed that "Come Back to Me" was produced by Stargate, the Norwegian team that has created hits for major artists such as Ne-Yo and Beyonce. Another producer involved on the album is Tricky Stewart, who has previously worked with artists like Rihanna and Mariah Carey.
http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-4332

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #414 on: January 28, 2009, 03:04:11 AM »
Ugh, it's so confusing when they do two different release dates. I still don't understand why they'd do that. But I'm wondering if I should (pre)order it at YesAsia since its release is a day after my birthday OR if I should wait until it hits shelves in America (assuming that it even gets to SoFlo). Because we all know it won't reach nationwide unless people really want it T_T
I have a lot of faith that she'll do better this time around in terms of marketing herself, but I just really hope that her popularity increases so I can purchase it!

-O_sLaVe

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #415 on: January 28, 2009, 03:26:29 AM »
Hopefully the KH games have made her more popular in the Americas. But I wonder who else she brought for the album. If she brought in the RZA, I would fucking buy that in a second. (Okay maybe not that instant, but it would be awesome) For some reason, I have the thought of her going to Kanye West.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline jhluva

• Member+
« Reply #416 on: February 06, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
I'm so excited for a new English album! I don't think her first one did all that well, though.. outside of a small group, she doesn't seem that popular here. Even the Kingdom Hearts games didn't seem to boost sales of her first English album. Although I wasn't completely in love with all of the songs on there, it was still pretty good. Maybe America just isn't ready for her yet haha.
~*~HAPPY PRINCESS SPARKLES... OR SOMETHING~*~

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #417 on: February 07, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »
With producers like Tricky Stewart and Stargate, it looks like she's going for more of the mainstream.  Hopefully she's able to do it this time.  I really like both of the producers.  Tricky Stewart is usually teamed up with The-Dream when writing songs.  I hope that's the case for this album.  The-Dream is one talented dude!  Hey...she could also throw in features by Lil' Wayne, T-Pain, Kanye, and Jay-Z to ensure the album is "a hit".  Haha.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »
afaik stargate produced 6 of the tracks and tricky did the other 4. and utada of course wrote them all. Monday is when come back to me is supposed to start getting radio airplay over here... maybe i'll actually have to turn on a top40 station to see if i can catch it one of the few times im in my car

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #419 on: February 07, 2009, 10:54:54 PM »
i hope it's NATIONAL radio. not like boa where you gotta live in heavy Korean/Asian concentrated areas :T

-O_sLaVe

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Kouya No Ookami (Wolf in the Wilderness)