JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sonim - Anything But Ordinary

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 9th Generation Thread  (Read 164243 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: [NEWS] Morning Musume 9th Generation Auditions
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »
Ok this is a gif-filled post about Riho, since I think she's awesome as hell, and everyone seems to at least like her, well everyone with a love for talent and good pair of eyes and ears. :P

(Kanon featured in two of the gifs too - this is not to show any contrast, I just like her too and left her in there :3)

Riho's gonna own every single current H!P girl in dancing, probably without breaking a sweat. This stuff is fierce as hell, and she seemed to learn everything really fast.

She's already cute as a button, but...

...this girl is going to be sooo beautiful later on. I just know it.  XD

Hah, I told myself not to get attached before the announcement, but can't really help it. I'd be pretty damn bummed if she didn't make the cut. But, since the only thing I really worry about is the "too good for Morning Musume" dilemma, I should probably ponder about it further.

The more I think about it, I see Tsunku only having two options:

1. Put Riho in Morning Musume
2. Make her a solo artist

The options I've deemed unfeasible:

3. Egg training - she's past that point, only way she'd be put into eggs would be to secretly prepare her for option 2. Kikka was MUCH more rough around the edges.
4. Put her in another existing group - it'd be a waste I'd say. Why let the other groups outshine the flagship group?
5. Make a new group for her - possible, but I don't really see it. Who else would be in this group? What would it be like? Why now? Unless it happened later on...
6. Let her go - In no way is this going to happen. Tsunku would be extremely dumb to do so after all this exposure and how talented she is.

There, I feel better already.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2010, 03:14:49 PM »
DUDE YOU ARE SO IN LOVE. :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2010, 04:52:06 PM »
Lot of good observations have been posted. Does seem a bit wierd if no eggs are chosen.............
Of this group of five, they all did well to make it this far, and I think Tsunku san and the H!P teachers could get any one of them up to entry level idol ability fairly quickly. Tsunku san is the guy who picked, out of 30,000 applicants, the  H!P kids, and to me Berryz and C-ute are a pretty good indication that he and his colleagues know what they are doing.
The age factor is truly a major concern- the current Morning Musume songs are appropriate for women in their late teens and early 20's, as are all the latest songs that Berryz and C-ute have been performing. Even, if only one of these girls is chosen, it just seems to be too big of a gap. Riho might be able to fit in with  the older girls on dancing skills, but I don't think that is necessarily a good thing.

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
4. Put her in another existing group
I would put her in C-ute.
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2010, 05:24:15 PM »
My guess is that he's adding these young girls cause he's gonna change Morning Musume's image again. Then he's gonna start graduating out the older members like Ai and Risa which is really sad (even though truthfully they've been in MM for forever but let's just not point that out.)

I really want all of them to join cause I want a bigger Morning Musume and none of them are that bad even Minami who I kind of like. When you compare her to some of the other girls who auditioned over the years and got into Momusu she's not that bad of a singer and could improve a lot. The only thing I don't like about her is the crying and low confidence. I understand the crying when she was being scolded but she was like apologizing and stuff while she was recording. That's the difference between her and some of the others that auditioned and weren't really strong singers. They were strong and firm where as you can tell she doesn't have much if any confidence. I mean Tsunku basically said Konkon sucked and she just went on bout her business and turned out to be incredibly awesome. Tsunku didn't look too happy with how Minami acted in the recording booth.

All that being said I'd still like them all to be picked cause I think they can all be really interesting and develop into really cool characters.

Oh and I want to see a dance battle between Ai, Captain, and Riho so she definitely needs to get in.  :thumbsup

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
^ But Minami's weird face etc. in the recording booth was because he told her to sing her like she felt like crying right?? I mean they didn't show it, but I assumed, since he told the same thing to Erina... The rest performed happily, so they were told to sing with a smile on their face D:

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2010, 06:11:06 PM »
If Riho doesn't make it, I'll cry. If she doesn't, I hope she joins the Eggs, is a soloist, or pulls a Sumire and joins AKB. 8D

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2010, 06:26:53 PM »
I think Tsunku is more likely to let in the girls that are excellent now as opposed to the past. Even the ones that are kinda good, he'll probably snap them up.

My reasoning is that MM. used to basically be the only big mainstream idol group. If you wanted to be an idol, MM. was the holy grail.
Now there's AKB and Idoling and new groups popping up all the time. Tsunku can't let go someone because another group will snatch her up (see: Kashiwagi Yuki, Umeda Ayaka, Sato Sumire...)

My favorites were Riho, Kanon and Aina. Not sure why on Aina, though.

The only one I dislike is Minami.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »
Countdown!!!
Not exact time probably because we don't know what time the announcement is or when someone gets a chance to report it... But:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=a&year=2011&month=1&day=2&hour=18&min=30&p0=248

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
Actually, I've decided I don't want Riho in Momusu anymore. Everytime I like someone, I jinx them, so I want Minami in now. 8D

It happened during the 8th gen auditions - I wanted Minami #1 and Sumire in and not Aika, but Aika got in, and not Minami or Sumire, so I'm hoping for Minami #2 for 9th gen. :B (I tend to jinx my AKB favorites, too, 'cause they either graduate or get demoted...)

Nothing against Minami, I just want Riho - I mean... Minami. =D

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2010, 09:44:01 PM »
^ NOOOO D:
K. I admit- I don't like her singing face- but with some teeth whitening and more training and less nervousness I think she could be cool~~ >   w  <;;

My guess is that he's adding these young girls cause he's gonna change Morning Musume's image again. Then he's gonna start graduating out the older members like Ai and Risa which is really sad (even though truthfully they've been in MM for forever but let's just not point that out.)
Yeah- this is what I've felt all along- he needs to get rid of the older current members eventually (well, he doesn't NEED too but they'll be getting older and MM used to have a good range of ages)...
But I feel like it's too big an age gap- the age range set for the auditions was great in my opinion as they'd be younger than Aika and some would be very young making for a group of girls who could remain as members for a long time and become fan favourites! It suprises me that he's only put up girls who are 11-13... I thought he would pick across the range so it gets younger gradually- this feels like too big a contrast to me. Hopefull we can expect some awesome more fun, upbeat songs like during MM's golden era?? XD I don't know if they can stick to their sexy and mature songs with a load of preteens! :lol:

Anyone notice the changes to a couple of eggs profiles saying their training's complete? Could this be a sign?? :w00t: (I've been trying to check twitter for an hour now to see the names but it's over capacity D: )

Edit: Eggs who have "completed their HelloPro Egg Training": Sengoku Minami (age 19) and Kikkawa Yuu (age 18)- ohh... so they probably won't be picked as they're out of the age range! D:

I've decided I don't mind if Riho makes it in- I just don't see myself liking her personality- perhaps I will once she makes it in and we get to hear more about her!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:39:57 PM by Meania »

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »
All I have to say is, "I told you so".

Paring the lineup down to 5 signals to me that Tsunku isn't looking to push on in the same direction.  If anything, it's a way to rebuild the group as something fresh.
The 10-17 requirement also says to me that Tsunku wants to go younger/fresher/brighter.
Just look at how that stands up to the previous auditions' age requirements:
3rd Gen: 7th grade+ (12/13+)
4th Gen: 7th grade+
5th Gen: 7th grade+
6th Gen: 7th-12th grade (12-18)
7th Gen (the one with no winners): 9th grade - 20 years old
7th Gen (Koharu): 7th grade - 22 years old
8th Gen: 7th grade - 21 years old

Going to a limit of 10-17 is, in my mind, a great departure from the previous auditions, especially the last few.
The upper limit of the last three auditions says to me that Tsunku was trying for a more mature look/sound for the group, which we've gotten.
Having the age limits set at 10-17 this time is a huge clue as to what direction he wants to go with the group.
Even if they don't end up getting someone from the lower end of the range, they're still targeting a younger range of applicants than before.

I stand by my desire to have an appropriately aged egg fill the age gap, but today I have a hunch that Tsunku might actually want that gap there to create contrast.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »
Apparently, there are some outtakes from the 7th generation audition that failed to find a new member. Looks like Gaki san and Nakki were asked by Producer to get involved, but man there were some weird applicants  :shocked::

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2010, 05:45:40 AM »
I stand by my desire to have an appropriately aged egg fill the age gap, but today I have a hunch that Tsunku might actually want that gap there to create contrast.

Riho <> Reina Rivalry. Sounds like a winning formula to me. :lol:

Darn. Been trying to dodge all info of the audition and thought the results were out already. Now I'll have to wait with you guys. :sweatdrop:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2010, 06:12:48 AM »
My thoughts on this.  I can see all five girls joining MM which I dont think its a bad thing.

Erina kinda reminds me that she belongs in a KOREAN group. For some reason, she reminds me of Yoona from SNSD. :lol:

Kanon has a good personality so I would love to see her in MM or any other group.

Riho, like Stryfe said has a HUUUUUGE potential in all areas. She's like the Sidney Crosby of NHL or John Wall from the NBA. Can't imagine her when she's in her prime. Tsunku shouldn't fuck it up like the last audition and sign her ASAP.

Minami, I think is the underdog/fail of the finalists. But seeing how Tsunku loves this kind of girls. She's probably will be in. Hopefully not though lol.

Aina, she seems aightttt. She's looks like she could be a late bloomer kind of like an Eri. Why does she look like she's always sleepy haha.

I think in general, Kanon, Riho and Aina has the most potential out of the 5.

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »
Riho, omg *___* MM auditions haven's seen this much talent since forever. But I really don't wanna jinx it with praising her too much so I'll just shut up :3

Mogi's just painful to watch. I think it's better for her own sake if she doesn't get picked. But she has that 'endearing fail' quality Tsunku likes so her chances are probably pretty high. Plus there's something Risako-esque about her face.

As much as Momusu could use a big gen right now, I don't think all five are gonna make it. The age gap is quite big, the new girls would obvioiusly stick to each other and it would be like having two groups within one.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
^ I also saw the H!P kid era Risako in Mogi's face.  She scares me though. Tsunku don't do it!
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2010, 12:31:49 PM »
Catching up with all of thisssss. Kind of glad there wasn't a final decision on the 23rd as I would have missed out~ aaaah! XD; Anywayyyyy.

Riho is such a pro, it's almost painful to watch D: I don't know, she's a catch. She's amazing, and it just kind of makes me want her to fail 8D Hahahaha. Though not really, because I think she'd do amazingly well. Just not sure how she'd fit in with the current MoMusu line-up <,<; With the attitude she projects, I mean... but give her the right character and she'd fit right in! 8D;

I felt so bad for Mogi throughout the audition special :( She impressed me in the final audition, because even though she didn't dance all that well, she did complete the dance without screwing up, or if she screwed up she didn't freeze up and attract attention to herself because of it. That impressed me. She's an 11 year old kid. I don't know about you guys, but I would not have been able to go through an audition process like that at that age. Or I would probably have been a crying mess like Mogi all throughout the entire thing 8D I don't blame her one bit for expecting the song lesson to be... a lesson and not just some lady yelling at her that she should have memorised the melody already 8D. I mean, I'm 24 and I'm still not used to having people expect me to do things on my own XD; ... though I realise that might just be me. :monster:

I don't know. I get the Mogi hate, because wow, not only would it be difficult on the other members to have such a newbie, it would also be ridiculously difficult on her. Even though her confidence would probably get a serious boost if she got in, and she could blossom into something beautiful... it could also just turn into an endless uphill struggle for her. Who knows. :/ not sure it would be worth it for her.

I really like Aina and Suzuki... :heart:~ Yeah, let's face it. I wouldn't mind all of them getting in xD;!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
^ Yeah sometimes it's easy to forget the ages of these girls. >o< When I was 11 my teacher at school was still constantly giving me these bitchy comments because I used to walk with my toes pointing inward... And I had this "Y SO SERIOUS?!" mentality LOL. ANYWAY kids at that age are awkward and have no idea about worklife, bless their innocent souls.

Offline DJ Maimai

• So jokes.
  • Member+
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2010, 04:39:19 AM »
I feel SO bad for Minami, I know EXACTLY how that feels.
I tried out for Canada's National Ballet School when I was 11 and I'm pretty sure it scared me for life. You can do everything great when you're alone with your teacher and then as soon as they put you in a group setting with a camera you forget how to walk and breath at the same time.
 :thumbdown:
I'm just gonna go ahead and hop on the Riho boat, because we all know she just plain kicks ass, I get the feeling she's secretly a major bitch though, I hope she proves me wrong
For some reason I really like Kanon too, even if her voice could really use some work.

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down."

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sonim - Anything But Ordinary