JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Get Out

Author Topic: The Hello! Project Postwhoring Thread  (Read 858257 times)

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
Re: The Hello! Project Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »
New Hello!Project forum was started HERE
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:02:23 AM by mske »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #201 on: December 09, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
What's wrong with our forum >_<
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #202 on: December 09, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #203 on: December 09, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »
This forum is using software SMF, which is probably best forum software, but this forum has probably all possible idols.
If you try to follow this forum as guest user using Recent posts http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent
it would look like 9 of 10 posts is non-H!P content. Majority of H!P fans probably won't like such forum. It seems there are few H!P fans at this forum.
It is possible to block non-H!P content in profile using option "Ignore Boards Options" as registered user, but people probably don't know this function.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:53:41 PM by mske »
new posts on this forum can be followed using page http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=recent, which registered users can filter with Ignore Boards Options http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?action=profile;area=ignoreboards

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #204 on: December 09, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
It seems there is few H!P fans at this forum.
Which is why it doesn't make much sense to advertise here... Unless you wish to take away the few members that we do have, which I would have a srs problem with because I'm certainly not going anywhere lol.

And there IS the ignore boards option. Personally I never use the recent posts option anyway, I just load the main page and check the forum sections that I'm interested in *shrug*

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2011, 02:53:35 AM »
When in doubt, check with Nacchi-(WWNS - What Would Nachhi Say )

Hagiwara Mai and Okai Chisato - Nacchi's advice{With thanks to JaviL26 }

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »
What's wrong with there being more Hello!Project forums :D

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
^ Tbh I don't care what people do outside this forum, so nothing. It becomes my problem if someone comes here to promote another forum when we already don't have that many H!P fans posting.

Think of it as if there was a small, privately owned business selling cupcakes and another cupcake shop opened down the street. You would find it pretty rude and immoral to go handing out leaflets to the new cupcake shop right in front of the older shop, right? Because the small, privately owned business probably already has enough competition as it is?

Besides, JPHiP is a lot like the corner bar (or corner strip club) where new people are always welcome, but a lot of the time it's the loyal locals coming in for a pint of beer. And most of us, if you tell us that there's a new bar opening across the street, won't really care because it's not our usual spot.

But I guess all you're gonna get out of this is that JPHiP = cupcakes and beer. Which isn't that far from the truth, either.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
Shirenu san, that was a great analogy......here is a clip from Cheers, with some of the corner bar regulars going for the pop sound .................

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2011, 10:59:22 AM »
^^ Joining other forum doesn't mean you have leave this forum.  I can't see how this forum can be compared to business. It is just forum.
What wrong will happen if small number of remaining H!P fans will leave this forum? This forum doesn't really loose anything, but other forum will gain contributors.
Ideally all H!P fans should meet at one forum. I don't think new people are welcomed here if so small number of H!P fans are posting.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2011, 11:18:47 AM »
I can't see how this forum can be compared to business. It is just forum.
You know there's someone who has to pay the bill for the server and things each month, right? It's not "just a forum". Well, to you it maybe is.

Ideally all H!P fans should meet at one forum. I don't think new people are welcomed here if so small number of H!P fans are posting.
Ideals don't work... Forums always develop certain characteristics that don't work for everyone, that's why there are different places. MMBS was known as the mean & snarky community that never would've worked for me (I don't know if it has changed since); the founders of this forum left JPM because they weren't allowed to fully express their love for Rika and Ass there without being censored. I don't really read H!O but from some threads I've been linked it looks like a lot of younger people still enthusiastically discussing every little detail to death that I now find redundant after being a fan for so long. The new forum will also probably develop its own identity that won't fit everyone.

And believe it or not, new people are and have always been welcomed here... They just find their way somewhere else first and then just continue to lurk here once they hear about us (HELLO LURKER I SEE YOU ON THE ACTIVE MEMBER LIST EVEN IF YOU'VE CHOSEN NOT TO  BE SEEN FOR I HAVE THE ALL-SEEING EYE).

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2011, 11:35:34 AM »
New forums are fine, but the way I see it, making a post with only a link to another forum is somewhat similar to spam.
If you want to advertise for another forum, at least attach it to some content or stick it in your signature or something!

Just because we may have less posting doesn't mean we're anywhere near dead either.
If you think that's the case, you may want to learn about the 1% rule.

Hell, I lurk on H!O and am actually proud of the fact I have 0 posts there.
But on the one occasion I've advertised jphip there, it was in a torrent description of a jphip-subbed release of ManoSpy.
(You see, this is also advertising, but as part of a bigger point.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be returning to the MIZUKINGDOM.

P.S.
I'd like to note for the lurkers out there that jphip has content that is unavailable to those who do not post.
Just sayin'!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline mske

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • passive_user123
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
You know there's someone who has to pay the bill for the server and things each month, right? It's not "just a forum". Well, to you it maybe is.

And believe it or not, new people are and have always been welcomed here...
This forum doesn't have any advertisements. I can't see way how forum makes profit to pay bill.
I meant 9 of 10 posts of non-H!P posts in Recent posts isn't way how to welcome H!P fans. H!P section would have to be in separate forum to be friendly to H!P fans.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »

I'd say having no visible profit makes the point even better.
The people who pay for this forum are doing so out of their own pockets.
To my knowledge, basically the entire income for the forum and the related sites is from selling jphip.com T-shirts.

This community we have here is very important to all of us.
Over the last 6 and a half years, this place has grown beyond just H!P.
The amount of non-H!P posts you pointed out just confirms that.

Most people use use the forum's home page to access threads.
And guess what?
Right after the general subforum:

Well ain't that a sumbitch?

Some sites feel the need to have a completely separate forum for H!P, but we are not one of them.
H!O is the biggest H!P forum around and they have essentially the same subforum setup as we do.
Just a quick glance over there shows that a large portion of the new topics are non-H!P as well.

If you feel that drowns out the H!P content, take a look at this.
Yes, it's over the entire history of the forum, but I still think it shows something significant:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:51:12 PM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2011, 01:58:47 AM »
Slack pointed out the main thing I wanted to say (the forum subsection ordering), but I also have to address this:

H!P section would have to be in separate forum to be friendly to H!P fans.

As a relatively new person to the fandom I feel slighted by this assertion, as I came to this place with only H!P and Morning Musume in mind and, along with Hello!Online, was the only place I decided to register for and be active in because I had the impression that it was an active and friendly place (partially owed to the H!P section being listed first), and thankfully I was right. Granted, JPH!P's H!P community isn't as vibrant and vocal as it used to be, but it's still far from dead, looking at the people who still regularly post relevant material other than myself. If you feel there isn't enough activity here, the best way to fix that is to post more--I've seen seemingly dead topics come back to life with just one person updating it with a simple relevant newsbit or Youtube link--or encourage more people on the outside to register.

Now, if there's something specific you'd like to focus on that can't be properly addressed here, or if you simply wanna be the guy in charge of things, or if you just want a change of scenery/atmosphere, then yeah, it makes sense to find/create another place. Heck, having another community to hang out in might even encourage established fans to be even more active or give newbs/casuals/outsiders the impression of a fandom on the rise, leading to more appearances and releases sent our way. But insisting this place isn't conducive to H!P discussions just because it has other sections is just plain wrong.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2011, 02:35:53 AM »
My start in J-Pop was SPEED and BoA. Next came Morning Musume and Aya Matsuura, and eventually Berrzy Kobo, C-ute, S/Mileage, Erina Mano. At the same time Japanese Film and Television Dramas. And then Japanese CM's. And then Japanese music groups that supplied music for Japanese CM's. And then AKB48. And then Passpo,Idoling!!!, and more. And am learning about rap, heavy metal, K-pop, etc.

Where? All kinds of sources, but since joining this forum, it's like having a library built in your town for the first time ever (and a corner bar full of interesting and lively regulars). Still interested in Morning Musume, from the original Fab Five, to the present group with the wonderful addition of 9th and 10th generation members.
I can learn the latest news about any of the members from Aya Ishiguro to Ayumi Ishida, or if I find something interesting about them I can post it here.

And on days when there is relatively little new  happening with Hello Project, something else is going on in the other threads.

Nothing wrong with starting other forums, the more the merrier, but perhaps mentioning or crediting this forum on other forums would be reciprocal.

Offline Serafis_CZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • serapiscz
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2011, 05:25:01 PM »
Ok, I may also have something to say to that "H!P section in separate forum" thing.

I have learned to appreciate diversity. Without this, without finding one PV of Ayumi Hamasaki on the forum that was totally not related to the Japanese music, I wouldn't probably be here at all. The fact that I found forums where people with similar yet different interests can coexist, help me go on (currently to the music of Taiwan and China). Frankly, I can't really appreciate such... well... separatistic and isolationistic intentions. I keep visiting this forum for multiple reasons and since we have H!P section here I have almost no reason to go anywhere else.

Of course you can set up your own forum (or site, wiki, or anything else), no problem with that. Even me with few friends run site about Asian music with forum where everyone with interest in any east Asian music is welcomed. Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam,... it's all fine. I am big fan of Hello! Project but it never was a reason to forget about the rest of the world. Lets say I am NOT JUST a H!P fan 8)

Strength comes from diversity... and ability to tolerate it :)

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
^ The hell is that chart Chibs? lol "Wet"? "Dry"?

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AOA - Get Out