JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bean Bag - Yume to Kibou

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 305166 times)

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2008, 03:14:44 AM »
Duuuuuuuuude   :shocked: I loose internet connection for like three (or four, cant remember) days and the discussion thread explodes  :shocked: .... I LOVE IT!!!!

Gotta say, I really like this thread. It allows us all to interact in a way that we just couldn't before. It's a really nice change. The atmosphere reminds me of a classy lounge in a hotel. A hotel called H!P fanficotel (<- I made a pun XD.... laugh dammit!... plz ^^;)

@Sweeety: Wholly bejebus you're back *glomp* I missed you... you crazy commentator you *gives sweeety candy* ^-^ Super glad you're back... the place just wasn't the same with out your posts  :'( .... I needed my dose of funny randomness and you made me go through withdrawl missy  :angry:

@Lollilpopgirl: ... okay.. i'm sooooooooooooooooo sorry =( but... I didn't know you wrote O.O.... I DEMAND that you PM links to your stories NAO  :) .... I must say it's odd that I haven't seen them  :-\ ... I've basically explored all of this fan fic area.

@Looser: The reason people think you are a guy is because "looser" is more frequently associated to a boy than to girl. On another note though.... You're a girl?!??!!? XD I never knew XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the inspiration subject... I do have a few cents on it.

I'm one of those people who say that inspiration is the only thing that can produce you good quality of ANYTHING. I actually have a personal saying....which I've never shared with anyone before so if it's a bit dorky i'm sorry **^^** "I'm an interpreter for inspiration" .... I've always been a firm believer that I don't really write my own stories XD! Inspiration does :lol: and I just translate for it in the form of writing (I promise you that I'm not insane lol).  Yeah they're my fingers that are pressing down on the keyboard and my thoughts that are running miles a minute in my head.... but it's always a bit of an out-of-body-ish type of experience (I'm sure many of you can relate). When I was younger (I started writing when i was 13 y/o) I used to say my hands were on fire because that's how it felt to me. My brain would get inspired with an idea and this odd itch would crawl down my neck, over my shoulders, pass my arms and reach my fingers. Suddenly this strong desire to write/type it out would just burst with in me. A damn fiery sensation would engulf my hands and not stop until I had written/typed what was going through my brain. (Again... I PROMISE YOU I'm sane... I'm just writing what happens to me)

One can seriously notice the difference in an author's writing. It's insane how you can easily tell between a piece where they were inspired and one where they forced themselves to write.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut now that I'm done writing that side of my opinion, here comes the other.

Though I'm such a passionate advocate for "being inspired" I also believe that you have to be an active "interpreter". As in, you have to go out and look for inspiration when it just simply refuses to come visit you. The same way that inspiration can be this sweet euphoric essence that embodies you... it can also be a backstabbing bitch of an asshole that just uses you in which ever way it wants and then leaves, promising to call you back to go out on another date but never does, and so it leaves you high and dry and worse of all.... wanting for more.

I'm a fanfic writer, I recognized I'm not the best but I know I'm not the worse. I have written stuff I'm proud of and stuff I'm like "hide hide hide NEVER LET IT SEE THE LIGHT OF READING EYES!". I'm also a fanfic reader... and I've read stuff that blow me away and stuff that leave me wondering why the author let it see the light of day. Hence... not only can I severely related to the frustration an author feels because they feel the pressure of updating soon plus not wanting to disappoint their readers... I can also relate the desperation a reader experiences because the story that allows them to get away from the stresses (and boredom) of life had come to an abrupt stop. So basically what I'm trying to say is that “consideration” is the key.

Authors, take consideration and never forget your readers. The moment you decided to post your story, you basically signed a silent agreement to not stop until you finish. If you need the hiatus TAKE THE HIATUS... a break from  doing stuff sometimes leads to great breakthroughs but don't forget your stories... they get sad cause they're incomplete. How would you feel if your parents just decided to take an ETERNAL hiatus from making you? ... Dunno butI wouldn't like to walk around with parts missing :fear:

Readers, take consideration and never forget your writers are humans living in the same world you do. Exhaustion happens to everyone and we all need to recharge every so often. If the writer needs the recharge, let them have it. Imagine if you forced your cellphone to make calls while the warning of low battery was  beeping. You wouldn't be able have a long productive conversations from it, would you? It would just die shortly after after saying hi XD.

I'm sure MANY of you know this already, so I'm really just typing to type and I'm really just speaking in general here.... I'm not thinking of any particular authors or readers. But i'd be lying if i said "I couldn't think of a few"  :twisted:

*realizing she's done she suddenly gets really quiet and looks around nervously* Um... that's all I...uh...have to say.

*Moonwalks off of the thread*

Rika <3 So funneh

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2008, 03:51:47 AM »
^ Best post ever.

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »
oooh! candy! Yummies! I will follow you into that van now stranger XD

welcome back poets, the forum was nice and quiet.. well we can now say goodbye to that.  Not that I imagined you as a loud child up til now.... I only just thought that one up ... but I initially thought oof you as a man! A man with a moustache. A greasy, ringleader at the county circus type of moustache. One that is a crossover between Mario's and the one on the dude from monopoly. Except it's black.

You my friend are a modern day poet.. except you don't rhyme......

You live in a box like most poets as you are really poor XD. ok jks, you live.. in the suburbs. In a small green house built for two ;). When you walk into your home you are instantly greeted by the sight of socks. You have a sock fetish and leave lots of socks around the house, as decorations. You instantly show guests your "socks of the world" collage. It's quite large and a form of art as you have put it up on your wall. In fact it takes up the whole wall. But to put it plainly you have just glued a bunch of socks to your wall.

Moving on we see your tv. For some weird reason though your tv is actually a fish tank. It is populated by two small goldfish and a little diver. It's green like the outside of the house even though the inside of the house is mostly blue. You like to sit on your blue blow-up couch and put your feet up in your blue blow-up poof as you grab your blue laptop and read the updates on jphip and chat endlessly with hookers on msn.

You're actually a good person. You go to church every day. In fact you work there, as a form of community service, picking up the rice on the floor after weddings. At least once a day. YOu have to pick up each morsel of rice by hand, one by one and make sure the floor is spotless or else the evil priest will get his belt out and..... DANCE!!!!!

You like to dance around your living room naked, wearing sometimes a fluffy scarf to keep you sexy XD. Your bedroom is filled with stuffed animals, or to be presice, stuffed penguins and crocs. You have a passion for wild animals that are unloved and every night you take to bed a crocodile and a snake, which you wrap around your legs. You like to look at Eri.... I mean :$ you like to err.. feed the birds at the park.... sorry, a bit distracted by Eri up there ^. She is soooo purdy! I am almost jealous of Nakazawa for stealing her away :D But they are nice and cool and hawt so I don't mind..

Your kitchen consists of a huge doubledoored stainless steel fridge and state of the art fondue set, stove and otehr kitchenries. You like to have tzatziki fondue on the days you get yo' boys ova and watch chikflicks wit yo mates while dipping some souvlaki and toast etc. into some tzatziki........... *drool at the thought*. .... ok back to normal.

You like to have fancy foreign stuff so you can show off, so it comes as no surprise to us when find out about the fancy new bideouf you have installed in your toilet. You also have fancy new age toilet stuff such as a four person shower, and mini bathtub that fits in your pocket, and a toilet that cleans and unclogs itself with a flushing mechanism called "flushing". What happens is water falls down and washes the stuff out~!! It's real fancy I tellz ya!

And in the backyard you have a trampoline and a Barbie. You love to put the barbie on and cook up a biiig sausage -cause you love your meat- and jump on the tramie in your undies wile singing "YMCA" and other HP songs. When it's done you jump off, utilising your acrobat/ gymnist skillz yo!

You also have a tricked out ride. Btw, your bed is blue. And your pickup is also blue. It's amethyst and it's shiny and has mad silver rims. It has mad grillz and a wicked subwoofer. You are the envy of all the other pimps on the block.

oh, ddid I mention you were incarcerated once? For pimping. That's why you have to do so much community service now. Your current job is stay at home son. And your income is pocket money as you are still only 14 and live in your parents converted summer home. XD jks, you are 32 and live alone and are bolding, and your job is working at the doll. Brush up on your Chinesse Steve! You'll need it! (been watching too much wog boyXD)

Ok seriously now. You are 20ish. You work in a doggie day care, grooming pets and picking up after them and shit. Actually you pick that up too. DONT EAT IT (again)! IT'S NOT REALLY CHOCOLATE! But you have a nice peacefull life.

I'm back allright! *smirks*
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #163 on: July 13, 2008, 02:19:03 AM »
^ DEAR INTERCHANGEABLE YO-PAIRINGS!!!!!!!!!! How DO YOU KNOW?!?!?!?  :shocked:

Ok srsly now though... I'm not a musuko(son/boy) i'm a musume(daughter/girl) XD... Don't live in a green house and i don't really like the color blue

socks to a wall...... that's um... i'm gonna have to say no... i don't have a wall with socks. i do like socks though.

I don't chat with hookers but that all depends on perception :lol;

I don't own fish... I have a super cute kitty cat though :wub:

You like to dance around your living room naked, wearing sometimes a fluffy scarf to keep you sexy
*popoe has officially died from laughing so hard* Sekushi Fu~Fu~

LOL@ you being distracted by eri XD

and I'm not 14

but i would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE A TRAMPOLINE <3

on another note though... when are you planning on updating sweeety? Hmmmm or how about writing one shot?

Rika <3 So funneh

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2008, 03:31:59 AM »
^ Oooh sweeety will have a story up soon (get back to writing it missy!) and it's worth the wait ;)
I know you will trust me on that :P

On a random note, I feel all gothy atm coz I'm listening to Within Temptation :lol:

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2008, 10:39:01 AM »
on another random note I already posted......... twice! gigidi gigidi gigidi! boo ya!
 I posted in sweeety's sweet sales. Oh wait, that's my store in marapets XD I posted in sweeety's stories. Sorry to dissapoint you lolipopgirl, but only one is semi pervy XD I made funnies - or at least i like to think they're funny

I think they are pretty original. I hope you guys like them >:<
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »
I'm in such a YoMaki mood today, which is kinda random although its all coz of some 2000 vid I was watching this morning and Maki was sneaking over next to Yossy, awww! :heart:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2008, 03:40:15 AM »
Hello? :lol:
Yup, I'm back! Japan was really great!! The best vacation of my life!!!
Anyway, should be back in the swing of things soon!

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2008, 04:18:55 AM »
YAY :w00t:
Welcome home... we've missed you! *ponce*

Fill us in on all the good things from your trip too :D

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2008, 04:26:21 AM »
Hey lollipopgirl!!
I plan to do a bunch of post on my LJ but I'm just resting right now. :lol:

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2008, 04:38:19 AM »
woot! strawb3rrykream is back!!!! hoping to read your next fic, dear!!!

how was your trip? did you take lots of pictures? did you buy any H!P item???

haha... welcome back!

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2008, 02:32:01 AM »
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HYPER!!!!!!!!!!! NO LIE O_O

I never go comment crazy in the fic section and today I am.

I'd like to make a mention  or mention a make or w/e. Where are the updates!?!?! </update demand>  *glares at all the authors that haven't updated* July is turning out to be a SllOoOoooooooW month =(
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2008, 04:23:17 AM »
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HYPER!!!!!!!!!!! NO LIE O_O

I never go comment crazy in the fic section and today I am.

I'd like to make a mention  or mention a make or w/e. Where are the updates!?!?! </update demand>  *glares at all the authors that haven't updated* July is turning out to be a SllOoOoooooooW month =(

Guess I'm guilty of that XD School is driving me nuts but I still haven't figured out what exactly is making me so busy..I won't leave the story in the air, I promise!  :wub:Yeah, July is gonna be a very sloooooooooooooooow month..oh well, at least there are new writers out there in this month! :cow: (Need to apologise for not reading the newer works coz I'm really busy XD )

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2008, 04:29:33 AM »
woot! strawb3rrykream is back!!!! hoping to read your next fic, dear!!!

how was your trip? did you take lots of pictures? did you buy any H!P item???

haha... welcome back!
Thanks, it's good to be back! I'm working on something right now.
It was really fun!! I took a bunch but my aunt took more. I bought probably about $100 worth of H!P pics and $200 at HMV (music store)
I'll probably be making some posts on my LJ but I need to recover first.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2008, 06:36:27 AM »
I guess I'm guilty of not posting too, but I had good reasons! XD

Firstly, I was at work for the last two weeks, then I had to spend time with my best friend who just left the country yesterday, so I didn't have much time to do much of anything at all.

But now I'm free (for another 2 weeks), and I'll try to update as fast as I can. ^_^;;;

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2008, 07:02:58 AM »
HOLY CRAP rokun CAME UP WITH MIKIJUN IN THE PERV FIC SECTION!!! :rofl:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2008, 07:52:26 AM »
^
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

PS Sorry to everyone for spamming up this thread! :lol:

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »
Question: How long do you have to be a H!P fan before you are no longer classed as a 'newbie'?
Hmmm!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2008, 03:05:41 PM »
^Answer: No idea. Wait until the next batch of newbies come in, I guess.

XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
^No, that can't be XD ... that just makes you less of a noob.

You stop being a newbie when you remember H!P's history? If you don't know the founding/original groups, then you're still in the process of growing out of the noob stage.

At least that's what i think.
Rika <3 So funneh

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bean Bag - Yume to Kibou