JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - Kyoto Towerk

Author Topic: I Am Legend  (Read 7781 times)

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
Re: I Am Legend
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 07:36:03 PM »
[bgcolor=#000000]It started out not so bad, with shots of post-apocalyptic New York and Will Smith gradually losing his mind from lack of human contact. His trek into the darkened building to get his dog was particularly neat. Then crappy CGI Gollum-clone vampire zombies whose heads grow to twice their normal size when they yell got entirely too much screen time. Then the woman and kid show up on a divine mission, and the whole thing just falls apart.[/bgcolor]

In summary: Screw you, this movie.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:47 PM »
I thought it was best movie of 2007!

Nah not really, but it kept me amused for 15minutes or so.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 08:46:33 PM »
After reading all the criticism in this thread, the movie surprised me positively. It was ok.

The cgi-made infected could've been made by traditional make up. They looked kinda stupid.
coot is ctz

Offline embracez

• ecchi
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 05:37:26 AM »
acutally, it's quite a great show if you compare it with some survivor show like Robin Cruson..

great and 4/5...

watch on 24Dec, before premium whaha

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 03:19:24 PM »
Saw this movie yesterday night. It's a typical hollywood style movie.
I like this alone on the world setting. The city of New York is completely changed with all those special effects.

SPOILERS AHEAD
Will Smith's acting was very strong. Also when he flipped out because he didn't know what to do when he met the girl.
The animals running around the city was quite unrealistic. I don't know what kind of food those deer will find there.
It's funny to see Will Smith talking to the mannequins in the library. Only because there is no-one else to speak to.
The end was somewhat unpredictable but also obvious. (girl comes with the little boy, everything runs amok. The hide-out gets discovered.)

Offline sayahchan

• I disapear from time to time, only to return in a blaze!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ava made by moi ask me for anymore.
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 03:31:32 PM »
I didn't hate it, in fact it made me cry. Now this is a remake of a remake of a film made from a book.
The other version of this is the omega man made in the 80's I have never seen it. so I watched this one, now I am curious about the Omega man.

it ended badly. which I think is what made this film not very good for some, the closure was nil. and then the plot twist was WAY to late.

Wil Smith is a damn good actor tho.

Avatar and sig made by Kawaii Beam

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - Kyoto Towerk