JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari

Author Topic: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)  (Read 15860 times)

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
« on: July 29, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »
Trailer is pretty dope.  It comes out May 1, 2009.

bootleg trailer from Comic-Con here.  Comic nerds are having orgasms in there when Gambit came on the screen =P  Hehe, i was too
http://wolverine-trailer.blogspot.com/

Wolverine, Sabertooth, Deadpool, the Blob, and Gambit!  Dang, i kinda don't like seeing Deadpool without his mask...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:40:41 PM by Masa »
word.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »
I saw that trailer earlier, can't wait for next May to get here.

This movie covers Wolvie's childhood to his time with the Weapon-X program.
2 other characters are also in it, Kestrel, a teleporter played by Will.I.Am, and Silverfox.

Actually, I think it'll only show a small bit of Wolvie's childhood, but the trailer does show him as a kid.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:04:49 PM »
I saw the trailer yesterday and I'm so looking forward to next year!

Wolverine's (next to Batsie) my favourite superhero/anti-hero XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:41:44 PM »
Can I ask why the hype is around Deadpool and Gambit? Gambit I can sorta understand based on the 90's cartoon series, but I've never really gotten to know Deadpool.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:13:28 AM »
cuz Deadpool is awesome.   he's a really comical anti-hero, and has the wisecrack personality of Spider-man.  But, he's more badass with the weapons and look.  He's a mercenary ninja.  You can't go wrong with guns and swords.

After the Weapon X program (gave him Wolverine's healing ability to cure his cancer), he was left all disfigured and unstable.
word.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 02:46:13 AM »
I saw the trailer a few days ago too. With the amount of fanservice, it'll be hard for this movie to flop. Maybe Stark will make a cameo too. :lol:

I've only read the comics that covered his James Howlett origin. I don't know the real deal about the Weapon X story, except maybe from the trading cards way, way back. Did they do any retconning?

cuz Deadpool is awesome.

Hell yes he is!  XD

Shoryuken!

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
OMG GAMBIT! :heart:

Finally. My favorite X-Men character on the big screen, my Southern charmer ~ :heart:

Offline claymore

• Shining Hustler
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »
I only care about the wolverine movie because it has Ryan Reynolds as wade and because it could lead to a Deadpool movie. They would have to get Bea Arthur and some chimichangas for that movie.
"This isn’t an invention, it’s a responsibility. We need to study this, and if we find that it will help mankind move peacefully forward, then we shall share it’s teachings, because we are not only men of science, we are men of hope."

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 07:29:35 PM »
Official trailer

:shocked:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »
werd up, saw the trailer in front of Day The Earth Stood Still. looks pretty awesome, im fuckin thrilled gambit and deadpool are in this (wtf only a split second of 'pool in the trailer though). i can finally say i'm on board for this and looking forward to it

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 12:03:47 AM »
So epic!

I'm definitely seeing this... if anything for Deadpool and Gambit. (I kind of think Wolverine is WAY overrated...)

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 03:51:44 PM »
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Going Back for Extensive Reshoots

With the Watchmen legal battle finally coming to its end, and Fox not getting more than just a large helping of undeserved money, I would expect the anti-20th Century Fox backlash to slowly dissipate. But with this news today, it might swing back into high gear. Last August we reported that X-Men Origins: Wolverine was experiencing some issues, primarily with power struggles between its director, Gavin Hood, and Fox's CEO Tom Rothman. And this was all before the trailer hit. However, an update has arrived from Collider tonight that says they're going back to Vancouver to do some extensive reshoots. Although I'm normally optimistic, I'm pretty sure this is a very bad sign, despite the other opinions I've heard from my peers.

We've heard a lot of negative behind-the-scenes buzz about X-Men Origins: Wolverine for a long time but have tried to play it off because we were hoping it would turn out great in the end. Obviously the trailer was impressive, but for some odd reason I felt like it wasn't as polished as it could be. Normally I love trailers like that, but I could tell that Gavin Hood had some problems keeping his vision of Wolverine intact. In regards to the production, word is that Richard Donner (yes, of Superman: The Movie), was often on set "ghost directing" and providing more than just minimal feedback. While this shouldn't be a bad thing, apparently it is, but Gavin Hood still might get his chance to go back and reshoot a lot of the movie.

Collider is reporting that Fox is conducting very extensive reshoots over the next few weeks. They're also saying that studios usually try and keep news like this under the radar, but Fox even wanted to bring in some journalists to cover these reshoots. Why? Well because apparently Gavin Hood is going to be directing them. My guess is that he's getting his chance to fix the movie, but they're also trying to "cover up" any previous bad buzz by bringing journalists in and "showing" them that it's Hood directing, not Rothman and not Donner. So why didn't Gavin get to do this to begin with? And I don't understand how rushing reshoots this late in the game can be called a good thing. I'm sorry, but I'm not drinking this Kool-Aid.

What everyone is saying is that the trailer, which received an extreme amount of positive buzz, gave Fox the confidence they needed to go back and do these reshoots. That may be true, but I again question why this isn't something they thought about earlier. Fox really thought a Wolverine movie wouldn't be a big hit? They've got to be kidding me! As much as I'm hoping that X-Men Origins: Wolverine does turn out to be the gritty, badass Wolverine movie we've all wanted to see ever since Hugh Jackman unleashed his claws in X-Men in 2001, I've got a feeling this isn't going to be it. And it's not Gavin Hood's fault. We know exactly who to blame - the very same studio that tried to scoop up Watchmen.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/16/x-men-origins-wolverine-going-back-for-extensive-reshoots/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 06:48:09 AM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 11:29:19 PM »
^ Gambit looks like an old woman in that pic!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:18:02 AM »
More Deadpool Coming in X-Men Origins: Wolverine?!

Most people are probably familiar with the news that X-Men Origins: Wolverine is doing reshoots, or as Hugh Jackman claims, pre-planned shoots taking place in Vancouver for the next few weeks. We've heard that they're reshooting a little less than half of the film, which is actually quite a damn bit. But no one really knows exactly what is taking place up there in Canada or exactly which scenes are being reshot (or added). However, IESB has dropped by with this little scoop today, claiming that most of what they're currently shooting involves Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool along with Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

For those who might not exactly know who Deadpool is, he is a popular Marvel comics character that is often depicted as a mercenary, villain, or anti-hero (as seen above). He first appeared in 1991 and usually only shows up in X-Men comics. Nicknamed the "Merc with a Mouth", Deadpool is a high-tech mercenary known for his wisecracks, black humor, and satirical pop-culture references, and primarily uses two swords for weapons. He was a "product" of the Weapon X program that also created Wolverine and Silver Fox, which is why he shows up in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, along with the rest of the mutants.

We've already seen Deadpool show up very briefly in trailer, and there was once talk of setting up the character for his own spin-off. This rumor, if indeed true, could potentially mean that 20th Century Fox wants to beef up his character in the Wolverine movie and maybe even still setup a spin-off. But then again, we don't know how much he was originally in the movie to begin with and what the fate of the character even is, so who knows what all this means? These reshoots seem to be getting much more interesting every day, so let's hope they mean good things in the end.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/01/22/more-deadpool-coming-in-x-men-origins-wolverine/

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »
^ Gambit looks like an old woman in that pic!

Thou shall not insult the KING among all X-Men, or I shall smite thee!!

And bloody hell, of course Deadpool is awesome.  :heart:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 08:03:37 PM »
This is gonna kick Angel and Demond's ass!

-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline jhluva

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 12:30:53 AM »
I'm excited for this movie.. Wolverine was always my fav
~*~HAPPY PRINCESS SPARKLES... OR SOMETHING~*~

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »

JPHiP Radio (33/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari