JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hoover`s Ooover - Collection

Author Topic: Thor (2010)  (Read 6601 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Thor (2010)
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:23:01 AM »

Screenwriter Mark Protosevich developed a script for a live-action Thor film, to be produced by Marvel Studios. In December 2007, he described his plans for it "to be like a superhero origin story, but not one about a human gaining super powers, but of a god realizing his true potential. It's the story of an Old Testament god who becomes a New Testament god". In December 2008, Kenneth Branagh confirmed to MTV News that he has been hired to direct the film. He described it as "a human story right in the center of a big epic scenario.” In February 2009, it was reported that Samuel L. Jackson has signed on to play Nick Fury in the film as part of an unprecedented nine-picture deal with Marvel Studios. In May 2009, Branagh stated that he hopes to begin filming in January 2010. Marvel Studios also announced in May 2009 that Loki would be played by actor Tom Hiddleston, who has worked with Branagh in the past. In June 2009 it was announced by Kevin Feige of Marvel Studios that Chris Hemsworth will play Thor. Feige also mentioned that film will take place both on modern day Earth and Asgard but Thor's human host, Dr. Donald Blake will not be included. On July 13th, 2009 it was announced Natalie Portman will be playing Jane Foster. The film has a scheduled release date of May 20, 2011.

Kenneth Branagh Finally Shooting Thor Next January?!

We know Marvel is currently shooting Iron Man 2 as we speak with Jon Favreau. And we know they're still working on The Avengers for 2012 sometime. But what about Thor? It got pushed back all the way to 2011, to allow more time for Kenneth Branagh and the creative team at Marvel to figure things out. But even though it was delayed, Branagh says he's on track to start shooting next January. IGN caught up with the actor/director recently and got a very brief update. "Well, I'm working currently on Thor for Marvel and we're planning that one. We're having a great time at the moment. We're in intense pre-production."

He continues, "I shoot Thor in January of next year and because the time of release has been moved, it's allowed me to have a moment in the summer where I can shoot the Wallanders." If you haven't been following, Wallander is a series of TV movies that Branagh has been starring in for the BBC. "Strangely, there's a weird, pleasing connection between the Swedish Wallander and the Nordic Thor. And as I've played a lot of Danish Hamlets, I feel as though my Scandinavian trilogy is forming," he jokes. So there's still 8 months until production starts, but we still don't know who they've cast. Come on Branagh, spill it!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/30/kenneth-branagh-finally-shooting-thor-next-january/

Natalie Portman Officially Cast in Kenneth Branagh's Thor!

Marvel has officially announced today that Natalie Portman has been cast as Jane Foster in Kenneth Branagh's Thor. In the early Thor comics, Jane Foster was a nurse who became Thor's first love. The character will be updated for the feature adaptation. Portman will star opposite Chris Hemsworth who will play Thor and Tom Hiddleston who will play the villain Loki. News that Portman was in the running first hit back in March, so this is only late confirmation. It's especially good, because I started to hear rumors that Jessica Biel was involved instead. Shooting will start in early 2010 after she finishes Your Highness.

This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

We originally speculated that Portman might be playing Sif, Thor's wife who is also a goddess in Asgard. But as it turns out, she's actually playing Jane Foster, which means that a lot of Thor will probably take place on Earth and not in Asgard. However, per that new synopsis above, there will probably be an even amount of time spent between the two universes. Portman has been making some very interesting choices recently, with this and Your Highness and Hesher, which can only mean good things, because the more screen time she has, the better. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what she can do in Kenneth Branagh's Thor!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/13/natalie-portman-officially-cast-in-kenneth-branaghs-thor/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Thor (2010)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »
Anthony Hopkins to Play Odin in Kenneth Branagh's Thor!

I did not see this coming! No, it won't be Robert De Niro or Jude Law or Brian Blessed, apparently Odin, Thor's father, will be played by none other than Anthony Hopkins in Marvel's upcoming Thor movie. THR's Heat Vision Blog reports that Hopkins is "in negotiations" to play the Norse god and ruler of Asgard in the adaptation being directed by Kenneth Branagh. We already know that the cast also includes Chris Hemsworth as the god of thunder Thor, Tom Hiddleston as his evil brother Loki, Natalie Portman, Jaimie Alexander, Colm Feore, and apparently Robert De Niro and Jude Law. Talk about a very impressive cast!

Odin is the ruler of Asgard, the mythical world where the Norse gods reside. He first appeared in Marvel's Journey into Mystery #86 in 1962 and was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The story in the movie is about Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions re-ignite an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth. I wonder who that villain is? And has he been cast yet? Thor definitely gets a bit more anticipated with Hopkins in!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/10/29/anthony-hopkins-to-play-odin-in-kenneth-branaghs-thor/

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:58 AM »
CRAZY CAST!!

Confirmed: Actor Tadanobu Asano will co-star in Kenneth Branagh's upcoming film Thor. Based on the Marvel Comics series, Thor explores the mystical roots of the Asgardian god. Production starts in January and releases in theatres in May 2011.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:10:51 PM »
Portman Leaks that Kat Dennings is Also in the Cast of Thor

This is some odd casting. MTV reports that actress Kat Dennings has also joined the cast of Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie, which starts shooting in January. But where did they get this scoop? From co-star Natalie Portman. During their interview with Portman, she revealed: "Well I'm really excited…Kat Dennings is going to be in it with me and she's a good friend and an amazing actress, so I'm looking forward to that." But what role will she play? No one knows, and everyone's guessing, but it's hard to tell. Dennings is the latest to join the already very packed cast of stars in the Marvel adaptation, including Jaimie Alexander.

Portman is already set to play Jane Foster, the nurse that Thor falls in love with when he's on Earth. And Alexander is already set to play Sif, a goddess in Asgard who is Thor's lover there. So Dennings won't play either of those roles. Maybe she's be another nurse or friend or someone that Thor comes across on Earth? Could be as simple as that. Or if you're looking for some bigger theories, head over to SlashFilm. As for Portman, well, she seems enthusiastic. "Well, I was really excited when they told me Kenneth Branagh is directing it because it seemed like such a smart choice but such an unexpected choice, that it was like 'This is really weird. I have to try this.'" Indeed it is, and with Dennings on-board, damn am I get excited, too!
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/11/23/portman-leaks-that-kat-dennings-is-also-in-the-cast-of-thor/

Offline ambidextrouness

• Grunge's still alive and kicking in my heart
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • aaaiiiiieeeeeeeesssshhh!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »
can't w8 2011 for this!!! and natalie portman?! whoaaa!!  :shocked

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:09:18 PM »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline helldom

• ecchi
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:59:01 AM »
^
^

Ugh, what's up with that armour? Looks too clunky for me

Offline khoonah

• ecchi
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:44:47 AM »
Yeah, i agree about the armor, but still should be epic! Been looking forward to this since the Iron Man 2 easter egg preview :)

Offline wateva

• ecchi
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 07:35:47 AM »
Never really followed the whole Thor lore but any comic book superhero turned to blockbuster movie is a sure go for me.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »
man, movie looks so whack. I'm disappointed. It's just not what I would've pictured for a Thor movie. They better kick it up for the Cap and Avengers movies.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 12:36:15 AM »
New trailer

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 06:45:05 AM »
3D SHIT!!

I read some retro comics and I thought Thor was a nerd who found the Thor hammer. but FUCK YEAH Natalie Portman :heart:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 05:54:47 AM »
^
As much as groups like that are total fuck-ups, it is good to have them around to point and laugh at. :rofl:
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:21 AM »

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »
Just watched it a few hours ago. Stay behind for the post-credits scene.
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:11:40 AM »
Just when I thought I couldn't get more excited about the upcoming Avengers film.... hahah.

I just watched this, and I really, really enjoyed it. It was funny and clever, and it looked great! Action sequences were never too long (a problem most super-hero films suffer from in my opinion) and the story was easy to follow even if you didn't know the comic beforehand.

... then again, I'm very familiar with Norse mythology. I literally grew up with this stuff. So I admit I might like parts of this film for all the wrong reasons, but I don't care. Åsgard pronounced as "Ass-guard" killed me absolutely every time XD; Sleipner looked really cool, though! And I loved Heimdall in the film.
The "Asgardians" in Thor's little group completely threw me (especially the random asian dude), until I looked them up and realised they were just Marvel characters... XD;;;;

Only thing messing with my head is that Erik Selvig should know that Loke is a bad guy (and a frost.. thing), because it's ALL IN THE MYTHOLOGY HE APPARENTLY KNOWS SO WELL. ..... aaanyway.

Good film, would recommend it (will watch again) - and so, so pumped for Avengers! Uuuugh.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »
Yeah, I quite enjoyed this one myself. Probably my second favorite movie of last summer.

I can't wait for Avengers either - Iron Man 2 is the only other movie I need to see prior. I've started reading the Black Widow comics as well. :)

Offline Erusa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 06:47:54 AM »
It was only alright for me. Then again, I know next to nothing about Thor aside he was a comic book hero. Was a bit disappointed at the post credits scene.

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hoover`s Ooover - Collection