JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley

Author Topic: [Movie] Frank Miller's "300"  (Read 21005 times)

Offline loash

• ecchi
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 07:39:28 AM »
the choreography is awesome. the first battle rocked when the spartans are just mowing down the persians. great movie

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »
I just saw it on IMAX. Freakin awesome. Very manly. :lol: I still question the goat creature.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 08:36:39 AM »
It's sold out for the two imax theaters in my area for the entire weekend... I might try to see it next weekend :/

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »
SPOILERS (sort of) WARNING - REVIEW!

Ok, so I watched it the second time in two days but only this time at a huge imax screen. I noticed so many flaws second time around. Nonetheless, it's still a pretty decent movie but the movie sucked because it was so overhyped. The battles were awesome. But some editing in the movie sucked. and the pace is all over the place. Slow at most cases. the homefront queen thing was unnecesary and it slows down the movie very much. The golemn look alike is also stupid. Xerses looks like a queer.

Best part of the movie? - THE QUEEN'S BOOB JIGGLING IN SLOW MO! AND THE ORACLE'S HARD NIPPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »
Xerxes*

I'm gonna go see it next week. I doubt it'll disappoint~

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 07:33:07 PM »
Highly commendable movie. One of the best surprise movie of the year.
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2007, 02:57:10 AM »
Just saw it at IMAX, and as a fan of Frank Miller's original work, I must say that I wasn't disappointed. The movie's faithfulness to the original is commendable. Even if you didn't like it, you have to admit there could have been LOTS of things, if done differently, that would've made it horribly bad.  I shudder to imagine what a director like Uwe Boll would have done with this movie.  As it is, the tone of the entire movie is spot-on with Miller's original.

One of my friends, also a big fan of Frank Miller, told me that he was smiling to himself so hard throughout the movie that his face hurt. While mine doesn't, I did find myself grinning for most of the movie.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 02:59:11 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Tylosaurus Rex

Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 05:29:05 AM »
I saw it last night, and I absolutely ADORED every minute of it. It was thin on plot, but plot twists aren't the reason to see this movie; it's the look and the amazing fight scenes that are amazing. And how AWESOME was Gerard Butler's (Leonidas) beard? I WANT IT! Anyway, I'm probably going to see it again at some point in the near future.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 05:42:54 AM »
More spoilers:
  • "Sorry, Mr. Hunchback Guy. We Spartans fight in a phalanx, so you can't help us." "Here come the Persians!" "Okay, everyone spread out and start attacking whoever you want."
  • "The Persians have millions and millions of soldiers, so we're going to funnel them into the canyon, where their numbers will count for nothing." "Here come the Persians!" "Okay, let's go out and engage them in that open area in front of the canyon."
  • Where were all the rest of the Spartans? They should have either hired more extras or changed the title to 30.
  • What was up with the fat guy with blades for arms?
  • Even in a movie filled with big beefy shiny muscly men wearing little more than leather speedos, that "We're in for a wild night." line stood out as being pretty gay.

Offline Cookie

• Milk & Cookies
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Risa <3
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 05:45:15 AM »
I have to watch this movie. It looks really good.
I went yesterday but all the damn tickets were sold-out.

Avatar thanks to genericpaperdoll

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2007, 05:45:36 PM »
Xerxes is kind. That is all you have to know. :D

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Reniafan

• Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »
ahh, i didnt get to watch i yet, but people told me the story line sucked, but the fighting snd the scenes were good.

By Subaru

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »
I always think it's kind of funny in a sad way when people say a historically-based storyline "sucks".
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »
saw 300 on Imax on opening day. pretty spectacular, though there were some parts that were like "wtf?"

still, most manly movie... EVAR

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline loash

• ecchi
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »
#1 movie this weekend at $70 mil! that's pretty damn high for a rated R movie

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 11:29:20 PM »
Wanna watch! But I still have to wait.:cry:

I saw the 1962's version the other day. I guess it'll be kind of different, though.XD

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2007, 11:32:44 PM »
Quote from: Slack;326923
I always think it's kind of funny in a sad way when people say a historically-based storyline "sucks".

umm, this movie has been stated time to time that it's not historically accurate. Persians are not all ninjas. And there's no doom 3 fat guy rip off nor a gollum rip off back then :D

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 01:05:03 AM »
I'll be the first to admit that realism is NOT the point of this movie.  But that doesn't negate the fact that the general idea of Spartans going to Thermopylae to fight the Persians is what happened in history.  I wasn't talking about anything except the "story line", as Reinafan put it.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 01:28:26 AM »
eve so, the "storyline" in the movie is thing and very slow paced. But then again, I guess this movie is only intended to wow ppl with their special effects and the battle scenes and not with a good plot. the battle of thermopylae is only part of the story in the movie as we saw it. if it isnt, we wont be seeing the stupid homefront crap with queen gorgo and the traitor.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Frank Miller's "300"
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 01:41:20 AM »
If the movie's anything like the graphic novel, the 'storyline' isn't a very big part of it. Sequel gogo!

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley