JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SoulJa feat. Aoyama Thelma - Koko Ni Iru Yo

Author Topic: What Movie(s) Made YOU Cry?  (Read 12807 times)

Offline nurisis

What Movie(s) Made YOU Cry?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 11:21:16 AM »
mmmm.... well... have you ever saw "Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain"? the french film... that's great!! and it was make me cry... but it's beautiful

Elisa!!!

MikMix04

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »
i remember the "land before time" but this guy didn't cry, there was somethin in my eye. :)

Offline nurisis

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 12:06:52 PM »
have U saw "le fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain"? It' a french film, and it's beautiful...
Elisa!!!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »
Lost in Translation

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 02:59:32 PM »
The only movie that's made me feel truly sad was Schindler's List.

Offline ShadowoftheDarkgod

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 03:19:06 PM »
I didn't cry watching Grave of the Fireflies, kinda more irritated at the brother since they could have begged to go home instead of stowing away anyway. Broke my heart, but a bit angry though.

Street Fighter the movie made me cry too. I'll never get those 1:45 back of my life.

Nausicaa - all time favorite anime movie.

:ONpleeease:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »
Passion of the christ, life is beautiful, and titanic
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 04:43:44 PM »
"Koinu Dan no Monogatari"

"Grave of the Fireflys" I got the german DVD from a friend. That films heavy stuff.
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »
Monsters Inc. I was like 9 and when Boo had to go back through her door, I started to get teary. Then at the end I was like, "OMG HER DOOR IS BACK!" I was happy again. Grave of Fireflies made me teary only because I watched the end. XD

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 05:23:44 PM »
The end of My Sassy Girl, I was soooo HAPPY!

Offline Koolmon93

• Member+
  • Karaoke is srs bznz.
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »
^ The ending was like a WTF. I mean, how do you not know your boyfriend's brother. It was still a good movie though.

*Set by Gypchan*

Offline iachu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 10:12:46 PM »
I am too manly to cry, but I came close watching Grave of the Fireflies.

I saw it for the first time as part of a festival of Studio Ghibli films.  I had already went to see Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, both great and happy films.  Then I seen Grave of the Fireflies,  I was not prepared for that one.

For me, easily the best war film ever made. Realistic, brutal and sad. (sniff) :(

Offline Windragon

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »
Troy and Space Travelers.
Both finals are very sad :(:(:(

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 01:30:09 AM »
since a lot of posters were commenting on Grave of the Fireflies, i decided to check it out, turns out to be one of the greatest sad film i've watched in a while.  such a great movie with a sad ending.  anime or not, it truly is one of the best war film (or anti-war film).  i read some info on it.  turns out studio that made that film also made kiki's delivery service, which is a great movie i've watched back in the days. also Spirited away, howl's moving castle, and other great anime films.  thing is compared to all the others, this is a more tragic movie with such a sad ending.

Offline Decimal

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 04:43:27 AM »
No doubt Grave of the Fireflies is the winner here. I didn't want to watch it a second time because it makes me feel sad for the entire day.
Tears of the sun did make me feel sad too. Especially the massacre of the christians by the muslims.

Offline magicnumber

• ecchi
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 05:05:09 AM »
Damn everyone's saying Grave of the Fireflies and how can I argue with that? :(

Another is Nobody Knows (Dare mo shiranai) a film based on true events in which a Japanese woman abandoned her four small children to fend for themselves, the oldest son struggling to take care of his younger siblings. It was not only sad, but really a beautiful movie at times too. I cried so much :(

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 09:01:40 AM »
I cried during parts of Braveheart by Mel Gibson. Especially the "freedom" part even when he was being disembowelled.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline guyyee

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 01:13:53 PM »
i dunno. it's hard to 'cry'. But  i do shed some tears.. yeah.. i do. touching movies do that.

Offline iachu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 04:16:44 AM »
Quote from: magicnumber;335326
Another is Nobody Knows (Dare mo shiranai) a film based on true events in which a Japanese woman abandoned her four small children to fend for themselves, the oldest son struggling to take care of his younger siblings.

I just bought that film and now I know what happens.  I knew I should have stopped reading...... :doh:

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »
Aside from Grave of the Fireflies (if you didn't shed a single tear watching this movie then you're not human), Lost in Translation not because it's so sad coz I can relate to the main characters that I thought I was Bill Murray (except the being an actor part). I cried at the ending part.

Also The Elephant Man by David Lynch (very touching film, a must see classic) and Ikiru by Akira Kurosawa (very sad at the same time very inspiring, i cried on the part when the lead actor was singing on the park).
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SoulJa feat. Aoyama Thelma - Koko Ni Iru Yo