JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Nemureru Mori no Oojisama ~haru, natsu, aki, fuyu~

Author Topic: (Group) Blackpink (블랙핑크)  (Read 53246 times)

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Blackpink
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 02:55:14 AM »
It's finally happening..wow! *tries to keep expectations low*

EDIT:
mmm. Well I just finished watching that vlive showcase. First thoughts, nothing really stood out in terms of music. Wasn't really feeling whistle or boombayah. Was hoping to see them perform at least ONE song and all they did was introduce themselves so that was super disappointing. Welp time to wait till inkigayo to see that.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:36:39 AM by storyboard »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2016, 08:50:37 AM »

That was insane yo. All my expectations were met and easily surpassed.

They played the MVs plus Making Of's for both, then the girls had like a 2 minute quick intro. No performing tho, surprisingly.

The MVs were fucking A+++++. The girls look so good in them. The dancing, everything... Lisa damn near killed me with her smile again.

But yeah, can't wait for the official release in 4 hours or so, both songs sounded great and were right up my alley. :bow:

Showcase replay still uploading on vlive (if it will upload at all) but here's a mirror. Starts at 7:35.

--

For the impatient, the MVs are out on Naver already, in HD: Whistle, Boombayah

You can use something like Tubeoffline to convert them. Might be better options I forget but I just couldn't fucking wait.

Or just watch them on their new vlive channel!

This HD ahhhhhhhhhhh

Dead.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:31:37 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2016, 01:22:29 PM »

Ahh finally. Best debut in years.

Behind the scenes vids.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 01:56:41 PM by Stryfe »

Offline turtledude001

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 04:44:32 AM »
BLOWN AWAY. Nuff said. This is not a dream, right? They actually debuted!

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »

Just so glad to have a group again that is completely right for me... the style, the talent, the music, the visuals... it's all really great. I rarely get all of those boxes ticked.

Now we just need performances, appearances, variety show stuff, and more Lisa. Err, that last one is a personal request.

Anyway, YG joined the girls for a press interview and promises a lot of things, which is really nice, even if he's a stone cold liar:

The showcase of BLACKPINK’s debut single album “SQUARE ONE” was held at a studio in Sinsa-dong on August 8. The music videos of BLACKPINK’s debut singles—“BOOMBAYA” and “WHISTLE”—were released for the first time, and YANG HYUN SUK came to the showcase to talk about the meaning of YG’s new girl group.

He started off by saying, “I don’t have much chance to meet reporters except for when I do ‘K Pop Star’. It never really got me nervous, but I was nervous before I got up on the stage today. For BLACKPINK members, today is like a birthday. I thought they might be very nervous, so I came to sit by them and show them my support.”

He went on to say, “I think it was four years ago when I first said I would release a new girl group. The biggest complaint we receive from fans is that YG artists release so few new songs or new albums. “

“I really try to find ways to make the fans happy. I understand that fans want to see the singers that they like as much as they can, and that’s why we work hard every day. YG’s system is that singers and the staff have to be satisfied with the music that was made before releasing it to the public. Compared with 20 years ago, YG has become larger and has more producers. But we never got great results when we put a time limit on creating contents.”

YANG HYUN SUK also said, “In the end, if YG releases music that the singers and the staff are satisfied with, fans are satisfied with it too. I want our music to be perfect, even if fans resent me for so much time. In that sense, I would like to apologize for taking so much time to debut BLACKPINK. Now that they will debut today, I’ll make sure the fans will get to see them a lot.”

JISOO said, “Our debut got delayed, but we were happy to wait because we thought it would be best to debut after we’re ready.”

-

The most number of questions that YANG HYUN SUK and members received were about BLACKPINK and 2NE1. YANG HYUN SUK said, “I didn’t really try to create something different. This was also the case when I made 2NE1. YG has its unique style. I think that the way to make the best girl group is to make one that is most YG-style. I didn’t really try to create another 2NE1 either. Just as the same jacket look different on another person, BLACKPINK members have different faces and voices from those of 2NE1 members. So, I thought to myself ‘Why not make the most YG-style girl group’. I tried to come up with the best.”

JISOO said, “We’ve been compared to 2NE1 a lot because we’re on the same label. But, they are seniors to us, and we want to be like them. We shouldn’t be compared, BLACKPINK just need to follow in the footsteps of 2NE1.” JENNIE commented, “We’ve been living together for several years, and we’re together 24/7. We really know each other well, and we’ve been practicing dancing and singing together for a long time. We’ve got a lot to show.”

YANG HYUN SUK had a lot of affection for BLACKPINK. He said, “I want to put them on the stage quickly. If they go on the stage, there won’t be any need for further explanations. I’m notorious for not giving praises. I never praised BLACKPINK, so I’m quite nervous about whether they will be able to do well on the stage. But, I saw them practice and I’m sure that they will do well. As time goes by, in just a month or a year or so, the public will be able to see that BLACKPINK is different from 2NE1.”

During the showcase, the music videos of “BOOMBAYA” and “WHISTLE” were released to the public for the first time. The “WHISTLE” music video was played first, and it is a song that is hypnotizing and dreamy-like. The 808 beat really stands out in the song as well as the rather unusual combination of rap and vocal. It shows the different appeals of each of the four members, and the music video is sensual yet sophisticated.

The music video of “BOOMBAYA” was played afterwards. It is a song with a unique and catchy rhythm. The drum beat is strong, and it has a bit more public appeal than “WHISTLE”. Members look charismatic and confident in the music video.

BLACKPINK became an issue not only because they’re on YG but also because of their pretty looks. The group is a rookie that has both the looks and the talent. About this, YANG HYUN SUK commented, “YG has always tried to reverse the trend. But, with BLACKPINK, I wanted to reverse YG’s trend. I wanted to go in a direction that we’ve never tried before. Looks are in fact quite important.”

He went on to say, “I’ve always thought of talent as the no.1 priority and looks are just something extra. But because we’ve done this for the past 20 years, I started to think that I wanted to make a girl group that is talented and pretty a few years ago. In the case of BLACKPINK, they are not just pretty. Of course, it’s hard to find a whole package. There are few who can sing, dance and are gorgeous at the same time. I had this in mind from the get go, and so it took time.  It was different when I made 2NE1 or BIG MAMA. I just wanted to do something that I haven’t done before. But, I don’t want their music too be cute and pretty as well. I want them to be a team that does YG-style music but pretty.”

When asked why BLACKPINK is a four-member group just like 2NE1, YANG HYUN SUK answered,”Among the candidates, these four were the most closest. I think this is the most important thing. The members have to get along. These four have been doing the monthly assessment together for a long time. Watching them, I thought they would make a good team together. There were other candidates, but I didn’t want to go out of my way to make a five-member or a six-member group.”

About the direction of BLACKPINK’s promotions, YANG HYUN SUK said, “Their album has already been completed. We’ve been preparing for their album for more than two years, and we’ve finished making eight tracks. We already have a music video all set and done for another song. But the public needs time to get to know BLACKPINK. To be honest, I haven’t decided yet on whether to release their album or just release two singles next. I just want to put them on the stage quickly.”

JISOO said, “People have been saying that we’re YG’s first new girl group in seven years, and it has been a burden on us. But we practiced really hard and will try to put on a perfect stage. We’ll practice doing lives and dancing so that we don’t ruin YG’s reputation.”

Lastly, YANG HYUN SUK said, “Because we don’t make many girl groups, it is a great burden. 2NE1 is on a short break right now, and BLACKPINK debut timing makes them a representative of YG artists. And I think they are very aware of that. I really do hope BLACKPINK will do well. I’ll do everything in my power to help them. I feel like I’m sending off my kids to school on their first day of elementary school. I’m sure they’ll adjust quickly and do better as time goes by. I hope you have faith in them too and send them your support.”

BLACKPINK is not a group that is hard to differentiate from 2NE1 as their music and their style is what suits them the most. YANG HYUN SUK repeated several times that he want to put them on the stage quickly, and if they are all what he say they are, it will be exciting to see the youngest YG group BLACKPINK grow.

Stoked to see confirmation from YG that they indeed have a full album of material done already, and another MV. Hope to get those soon.

And yes, please put them on stage for more than two minutes of brief intros, please. :P

--

Debut stage on Inkigayo, Sunday 14th.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Blackpink (블랙핑크)
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2016, 08:56:31 PM »

Lisa's "Oppa" moment is pure love. (With sound, the loud sound in the end is my heart stopping) :love:

Exhibit B from the making of: Lisa's laugh.

--

A few more gifs I made: moshpit in your area, more Lisa, roller disco Lisa
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:48:54 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2016, 09:12:15 AM »

Oh man... those accents, too damn adorable.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »

Apparently Jennie got hurt while recording Boombayah for Inkigayo, something with her ankle. Reports are a bit conflicting but apparently she did eventually perform with the others after taking a break (or going to the hospital).

Not sure though, I sure hope she wasn't in too much pain though. She did post the above pic with the tags:

#BLACKPINK #firstperformance #iamokay #dontworry #iloveyouguys #thankyou #seeyousunday

Terrible luck, being their debut stage and all, too. Here are the girls, emotional after their first performance at Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJAwsBEhR4b/

Jennie at least is walking normally from what I can see. Here's hoping it was nothing bad.

Offline turtledude001

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2016, 05:58:43 AM »
Loving this group hard. Visually and musically. Most girl groups, I just watch for the visuals and don't really care to add the tracks to my playlist. This group is up my alley along with 2NE1 and EXID. I like groups with strong rappers :)

I can't even pick between the two tracks. I've had the both on repeat all week long. That's amazing. In the past there's always been a track I prefer with double releases, e.g. Big Bang's Loser over Bae Bae, Big Bang's Bang Bang Bang over We Like to Party, Winner's Baby Baby over Sentimental, iKON's Rythmn Ta over Airplane, etc. BP's tracks are equally awesome.

There were articles a few years back that GD produced some songs for them. I wonder if those have made it to the final album. I'm curious how GD does producing something no BB related. And speaking about writing songs, why aren't BP doing so? Is this some gender barrier? Do they not get song writing training like Big Bang/Winner/iKON? Makes me wonder because the same happened with 2NE1 and CL didn't start writing lyrics until their most recent songs. Song writers in GG seems pretty rare. We got LE in EXID and I think some members of Girl's Generation in recent time have been more involved. It is not something I think a group HAS to do, but YG seems to emphasis this in general, so it seems strange to me that the ladies get excluded from this.

I'm glad they went with four members. Line distribution right now is awesome with it being pretty equal over both songs, with Whistle favoring the rappers a bit and Boombayah favoring the vocals. Compared to bigger groups like iKON and Twice where some members barely get anything... Maybe next year we'll get a second GG out of YG like with Winner/iKON? I hope the other trainees didn't get cut :(

As for a BP bias. Oh man, that's a tough one. I think I'll go with Rose. Looks and beautiful voice. I liked her before I even saw her in GD's Without You (or whatever it is called) where they didn't even reveal here name. Holy crap she was 14 when they recorded that too. Everyone else is a close 2nd because they all have looks and great vocals/rap. That last post photo of Jennie had me thinking twice about my assessment of her looks haha I knocked her down a little because her cute looks like Apink's Naeun looks aren't my preference. I think Jennie is going to be my bias in a couple of years after she ages some :)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »

Teh feels. :heart:

Loving this group hard. Visually and musically...

I share your sentiment. There's been a major drought for me personally in kpop, because there's been few new groups debuting that make the kind of music I enjoy. There's been many groups with beautiful, fun girls I've been into that just don't really do much for me musically. On the other hand, there's been fun releases by some groups that I just don't care about that much.

Smaller groups are infinitely better than huge girl collectives for the reasons you gave. My current fave kpop girl feels so wasted in her 9-member group (admittedly it doesn't help that their music is not for me at all). Of course there's always a greater chance to find someone you like in a big group, but what's the point if she gets barely any screentime or lines. And there's almost always "dead weight" in some form or the other. 4 is the perfect size. Everyone gets their moments in the sun AND has to pull their weight.

My personal ranking for the girls right now is Lisa > Jennie > Rosé > Jisoo, but this is very early still and I really like all of them. Lisa is just incredibly beautiful in the way that she's cute as fuck one moment and drop-dead gorgeous the next. Her dancing is amazing and her rapping (and singing) are both decent. I wouldn't go so far as call her lines "iconic" like some fans have, haha, but I do like my kpop a little ridiculous. Jennie is also funny how she can be stunning like in the pic above and then a scrunchy babyface all of a sudden. Rosé is beautiful and has a great voice (and an accent) and I've liked Jisoo ever since I saw the smile gifs I posted earlier.

My only complaint is a silly one: their popularity. I feel so lost in a sea of fan noise, I can't seem to find anything quickly, like when trying to confirm Jennie's accident details. People go apeshit over the girls, praise them like they're genuinely divine beings instead of just fresh and talented rookies. This causes more backlash from people who aren't into them, and so on and so forth. I've been mostly into smaller groups (D-Unit, Chocolat, The Ark) for so long that this is all new to me haha. But really, this is not that bad of a problem to have.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »

Jesus... they did it. A perfect all kill with their first song, the first debuting group ever to do so.

They played Whistle in the olympics too just now, it's everywhere... :lol:

Some more pics I forgot to post, in as good a quality as I could find.

http://www.yg-life.com/archives/78934?lang=en

Some photos from the MV making.

--

Inkigayo is about to start! I imagine the girls will perform pretty early since they're debuting, but who knows.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »

Hnngghhh Lisa.

Inkigayo perfs, watch them while they're still up lol. See next post for perfs. Now looping them forever.

Enjoyed the choreos, although the camerawork was pretty wack. And the godhead... wut.

Also didn't notice that they censored Lisa's naughty F U rap line with this gem. :lol:   Ahh... just embrace it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:29:05 PM by Stryfe »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2016, 11:26:05 AM »
Official sbs inki links so when/if those links go down
Whistle
Boombayah

Congrats on the Perfect All Kill too. Apparently it's the fastest group to do so. The hype for them was real.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »
Even tho I'm not a die-hard K-pop fan, let me add my random two cents.

- The name Blackpink is awesome. I'd support them just for that. In fact, thinking about getting a Blackpink T-shirt, haha.

- Undecided about their music yet, because while I find Boombayah pretty catchy, Whistle doesn't work for me at all. In that sense Twice is definitely more my cup of tea.

- Lisa seems to be their main attraction. The other girls don't really stand out to me in comparison. And even tho Lisa isn't really my type, I can definitely see her appeal.

- The Boombayah MV seems pretty damn random, haha. Not sure why it moves from a school, to a dance hall, to garbage bags, to a jungle, etc. And it ends with them roller skating and riding scooters. No idea what they were going for with this PV.  :nervous

- The Boombayah choreography has its ups and downs too. I dig the moments where they touch the ground to match the sound. However, the native American style rain dance and song breaks I don't get. The part where the one girls slides underneath the others is pretty cool. Overall, it's pretty hype, but nothing too spectacular.

So yeah, mixed feelings. I can definitely see why they're popular. However, I am surprised they're *that* popular based on these songs/MVs. Then again, I watched Boombayah like a hundred times now, so they must be doing something right.  :lol:

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
It is quite insane that they are perfect all-killing a week after debut. The next shortest perfect all-kill after debut  is twice at 6 months with cheer-up.  It is bananas.

Teddy is showing he is still the best in the business. I have both songs on repeat right now.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »
- Lisa seems to be their main attraction. The other girls don't really stand out to me in comparison. And even tho Lisa isn't really my type, I can definitely see her appeal.

Lisa had the most hype because of her ancient dancing video and well, because of how she looks.

I mean come on, the girl is ridiculously photogenic and has a very unique face. I swear she looks good in any kind of hairstyle and concept.

Also, her smile cures cancer.

Jennie is also very, very beautiful and has been hyped for years, appearing in GD's videos and many teasers, so she had to be a close second among people waiting.

Rosé and Jisoo will get there tho, their only problem has been the lack of hypexposure (made up a word there). Rosé is gorgeous and did you look at her dancing? She's really good. Jisoo has those Korean-style good looks people down there should enjoy at least. I'm intrigued to see what people think about them in a few months, as long as they stay out of the dungeon we might be surprised at the results.

--

Oh, and I really like the choreographies, although I'd probably appreciate them even more if the Inkigayo cameramen weren't drunken idiots.

--

People have already made some cool mashups with Whistle, these two were pretty great.

Offline turtledude001

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2016, 04:11:40 AM »
Cuz we need more Rose!

Rose could've gotten exposure the same time as Jennie when GD was promoting the One of a Kind EP, as she was featured in one of the tracks. But they kept her identity secret for some reason. But yeah, she certainly wasn't featured in many songs as Jennie did before debuting. Jisoo had some exposure in MVs, but I don't recall trainee vids like those that Jennie had, so I don't think I've heard her voice till now. We got trainee vids of girls who didn't make into BP... I hope they debut some day.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:19:19 AM by turtledude001 »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2016, 01:18:44 PM »

Boombayah MV making photoshoot.

Official pictures from Inkigayo.

This is really such an attractive group.

60fps Inkigayo gifs... of course mostly Lisa since I've got it bad. You can also follow my twitter thread for Lisa's Inkigayo gifs, will update...

Jennie's abs tho. Plus others.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2016, 02:35:02 PM »

Woo, more official pics from Inkigayo.

This baby tho. :heart:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:20:45 PM by Stryfe »

Offline turtledude001

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2016, 04:29:18 AM »
Whistle dance practice

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1057361

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cocco - Nemureru Mori no Oojisama ~haru, natsu, aki, fuyu~