JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleepy.ab - Mass Gymnastic Display

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238580 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #840 on: January 21, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
Rather quiet in this thread lately.... this season is shaping up to be much better than the Summer or Fall seasons which for the most part were poor :( except for a handful of shows, currently viewing.....

Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi, only watched the first episode as the subbing is supposed to be slow for this show but this could show the most potential out of all of them....

.... but then again this has been a real solid watch, so much better than Ghost Mama, :thumbdown: not sure where the storyline is going but a real dark and mysterious show, Saki.

This could be a real sleeper, bit of a slow and quiet drama but think it'll be quite interesting watching Ayame deducing mysteries from reading books, Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou.

Haven't started this yet but just got the first episode, Aya is due for a good drama.... Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #841 on: January 25, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »
Just started watching Rich Man, Poor Woman

after many glowing recommendations.............

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #842 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:49 PM »
Only started a few this season. None of them really have any interesting themes, so it'll be slow for me.
Shotenin Michiru I find meh. Guess it can keep building up tension though.
Otome-san is a little more fun with the mother/daughter-in-law battle. Aibu Saki has done the 'evil' character a lot before, she can do the "cute smile stab you in the back" girl with skill. :P
Biblia. Detective story with old books. Most ppl won't like it, but I find it ok. Reminds me of those kid detective books I borrowed from libraries, where they have the clues right in your face but you still have no idea.
Nakuna Harachan is a little too silly simple. It really doesn't hold a candle to My Boss My Hero.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #843 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
Watched some more. Most are pretty good, with a few light-hearted and fun.

Switch Girl - Girl with a On/Off mode. A kirakira perfect beauty at school, while a total slouch at home. Making a lot of funny moments.
Backtracking on this, cos some guys are starting to make english subs on season 1 and 2.
With all the guest appearances, it's like a KR/Sentai Tokusatsu festival. I've already seen like 5-6 Toku actors in it. :D
Update: Forgot to add there's Nishiuchi Mariya (who I already thought was pretty in GTO. And a regular of Picaru no Teiri) as the main girl. And Nana Mizuki doing the commentary voice too. It's like they knew I don't have much time recently to watch stuff, and mixed everything into a great show. :bow:

Nobunaga no Chef - Main character slips through time, loses his memory, and basically needs to do a cooking battle each episode to not get executed by Oda Nobunaga.
There haven't been many cartoony over-the-top "food-themed" dramas recently. So it's worth a watch.

APOYAN - Airport dramas every season, haha. This time about a travel agency guy sent to the airport to handle the passenger reception desk. This is new to me, cos I always thought the airport reception staff were all from the airline companies.
The new guy gets picked on hard every episode. Funny stuff.

Tonbi - Pretty emotional story of a workplace-accident leaving a single-father to raise his son.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:06:40 PM by winner »

Offline hwangmagic

• "Sora...never change." - Kairi
« Reply #844 on: February 04, 2013, 08:19:25 AM »

Currently re-watching Love Rain ^ ^
I suffer from a serious medical condition called "Changnesia". Don't ask me about it, just Chang the subject.

Offline ODB

« Reply #845 on: February 15, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Hi everyone. I've recently become interested in Asian drama, I've watched a couple of shows in the past, mostly live action adaptations of mangas, like Gokusen and Nodame Cantabile, but I also loved Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger.
I've been reading through this thread to see what you've all been enjoying, but I would appreciate a few specific suggestions as there is just so much to choose from.

I've mostly been watching comedy shows, but I'm interested in more serious drama or action as well. But I'm generally more picky when it comes to this kind of show. Is there an HBO equivalent in Japan or Korea? Are there shows that can rival the quality of US shows like The Sopranos or The Wire? And in general what are considered 'must watch' type shows from the last 5/10 years?

thanks for any suggestions.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #846 on: February 15, 2013, 04:31:59 PM »
Hi ODB. Just cross out anything you've already seen, and check out if any of the rest interest you. :)

For must-watch:
Kaseifu no Mita - probably had the biggest popularity in recent years.
LIFE - Maybe the most popular jdrama that overseas people know about.
One Litre no Namida - The classic that got everyone crying.

For some serious stuff:
Last Friends - All dark and emotional.
Bloody Monday - Anti-terrorist action with a bunch of teens. Main hook was figuring out who was selling everybody out.
Daisuki!! - Another emotional one to get everyone crying.
Pandora - Added this cos its one of my faves. :D Three seasons about a cure for real-life health/social problems in japan, eventually causing danger to uncountable lives from its discovery. With tension building up more and more till nobody knows how to end it. Fun stuff.

And for the manga turned dramas:
Switch Girl - To turn your brain off and laugh.
Liar Game - Cos everybody has seen it.
Mendol - Girls who pretend to be an idol boy group, can't get more manga than that.
Saru Lock - Cos its funny.
Otomen - Cos its funny too.

Offline ODB

« Reply #847 on: February 15, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
Thanks Winner, they look like great recommendations. Now to just find the hours in the day to watch them.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:06:40 PM by ODB »

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #848 on: February 20, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »
Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou - I simply love Gouriki Ayame.   Nogizaka46's Ikuta Erika makes an appearance in Episode 5.  Akira from EXILE plays the male lead - quite a change from his previous character in GTO.

Nobunaga no Chef - I like Shida Mirai and try to follow her doramas.  Lots of nice action sequences and great cooking!

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #849 on: February 25, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi - Think this is the best dorama of the season!  Till ep4.  Toda Erika was amazing!  Lots of twists and had me at the edge!  Highly recommended dorama!

Offline Jombo

« Reply #850 on: February 26, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »
I'm only watching Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou and Yae no Sakura because Gouriki Ayame and Ayase Haruka. Yae no Sakura has these cool historical segments at the end.

I usually download my doramas a month late.

Offline Icehism

« Reply #851 on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »
watching shotenin for erika toda

might watch saki since i heard the prequel to that series was a fantastic drama.

Offline m00nchild

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Positive Mindset will Guide you to Happiness
« Reply #852 on: March 05, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
Actually I was quite interest in this 2 drama,
Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de & Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi,
Is it already ended?
how many episode did this 2 drama have?
can anyone tell me??

thx for the information

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #853 on: March 05, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Itsuka and Shotenin both have 10 episodes. Both ending next week on 12th Mar.

Offline m00nchild

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Positive Mindset will Guide you to Happiness
« Reply #854 on: March 05, 2013, 07:54:16 PM »
Itsuka and Shotenin both have 10 episodes. Both ending next week on 12th Mar.

Arigato gozaimasu,
that really helpful~

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #855 on: March 10, 2013, 11:41:30 AM »
Actually I was quite interest in this 2 drama,
Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de & Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi,

I took up Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de due in part to waiting for Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi subs.  I'm beginning to like Aya Ueto again.  She is really so wonderful in this dorama and her performance moved me to tears.  Also I like her hairstyle in this dorama.   Recommended dorama!

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #856 on: March 11, 2013, 01:21:11 AM »
Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi - Think this is the best dorama of the season!  Till ep4.  Toda Erika was amazing!  Lots of twists and had me at the edge!  Highly recommended dorama!

It has been the best and somehow gets even better after episode 4, like you said it's a shame it's taking so looooong to be subbed.... Toda Erika was amazing!- didn't you mean to say Toda Erika is amazing! :doh:

Actually Saki is giving it a contest for best drama of this season, like this one so much paused it after episode 5 so I can watch all the remaining shows in one session, it's been so good couldn't wait for the next episode.

Also currently watching this, it's from the Fall of last year and it's truly one incredible show, up to episode 11, they go too fast being only 23 minutes an episode but highly recommend this series, Piece.

Also did yet another rewatch of this the last 2 weeks, :oops: :oops: both seasons and the Final Stage movie.... actually watched season 1 twice. :oops: :oops:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #857 on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:02 AM »
Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi, finished episode 8, can't believe how it keeps getting better with each show, :yep: gonna do a rewatch of it even before I've watched the entire series. :O

Finished Piece, highly recommend this show, :thumbsup went in blind on what it was about, usually win out when that happens and this one was no exception, easily moved into my top 5 for 2012, was sorry when it ended even though it was 13 episodes. :sweatdrop:

Doing a rewatch of this again, probably for about the 40th time, a watch of this should be a requirement before you can join this site. :bow:

Don't know why but just grabbed the whole series and will probably start it this weekend but haven't watched Code Blue for a couple of months so we'll see what happens. :?

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #858 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:06 AM »
Shoten In Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi, finished episode 8, can't believe how it keeps getting better with each show, :yep: gonna do a rewatch of it even before I've watched the entire series. :O

Indeed!  Totally riveting!  Totally enforce my view that this is THE BEST dorama this season.

Doing a rewatch of this again, probably for about the 40th time, a watch of this should be a requirement before you can join this site. :bow:

Ah, Gakky's early work.  I won't go so far as a requirement but a must watch for a Gakky fan.

Don't know why but just grabbed the whole series and will probably start it this weekend but haven't watched Code Blue for a couple of months so we'll see what happens. :?

I really hope you will watch this!  She was a critics choice for her performance in this and the director kept raving about her on his blog.

Offline Asahi Mon

• Member+
  • idolinger!!!
« Reply #859 on: March 16, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »
Just started watching Rich Man, Poor Woman

after many glowing recommendations.............
just finish watching this drama, its very good drama,good plot and story. :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleepy.ab - Mass Gymnastic Display