JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Quake and Brook

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137202 times)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2005, 10:20:25 PM »
Quote from: ctz
FIA announced today that the seven Michelin teams were found guilty for not having raceable tires and refusing to race. Possible penalties are announced in september.

They also stated that FIA can't judge Michelin, because it has no officialconnections to the tyre supplier. Michelin works only for teams.
[/color]

I don't understand why they have to postpone it till september. It would be good if they would try to get rid of this mess as soon as possible. Maybe they think that if they penalize teams now, they might boycott races again as a protest.
I think it's stupid to blame teams about this and ridiculous if FIA can't do anything when a tyre supplier fucks up.

That's just fuckin stupid.  The FIA says they've got no connections to Michelin?  They were the ones who allowed Michelin to be a supplier to the teams in the first place!!!  Without the FIA's initial approval, Michelin wouldn't even BE in F1 right now.  Now if you want to get technical, what they said can be considered true, to a certain extent.  Michelin has direct links to the teams to which they supply tires.  The teams pay Michelin for the tires, and likely Michelin might pay the teams back some money for the advertising.  FIA, likely pays/receives no money to/from Michelin, hence the assertion that there's no "official" connection between the two.  That's just words.  It's still bullshit.

To wait until September is a dumb idea as well.  Better to do it now, and get it over with, so that the teams affected can still have the rest of the season to adjust and "make up" any losses that they suffer.  It's like the 2-race banishment that BAR had to go through last month when they were "caught" with that fuel tank fiasco.  Since it was still early in the season, the banishment didn't really cause that much damage.  If the FIA had waited until near the end of the season to institute the banishment, and BAR was in a serious contention for the Drivers/Constructors championships, it would be GROSSLY unfair to them.  If the FIA has to penalize, do it now, so that the potential damage can potentially be "fixable".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Naxo

Official Racing Thread
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2005, 10:20:06 PM »
"Pole Position" for Alonso in France. C'mon nano, you can do it!

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2005, 08:11:33 AM »
Maybe we can finally see the true potential of the Ferarri now. Both drivers screwed up the last sector but their qualifying run showed everyone they're back in the game :D
This should be a great race but I can't see it live. Damn Star Sports is having a tape delay :(
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline Naxo

Official Racing Thread
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2005, 05:09:44 PM »
Heh Great race for Fernando Alonso. Iceman was really good too, coming back from 13th.

1       5       Fernando Alonso    Renault       70       Winner   1      10

2       9       Kimi Räikkönen    McLaren-Mercedes       70       +11.8 secs   13      8

3       1       Michael Schumacher    Ferrari       70       +81.9 secs   3      6

4       3       Jenson Button    BAR-Honda       69       +1 Lap   7      5

5       16       Jarno Trulli    Toyota       69       +1 Lap   2      4

6       6       Giancarlo Fisichella    Renault       69       +1 Lap   6      3

7       17       Ralf Schumacher    Toyota       69       +1 Lap   11      2

8       11       Jacques Villeneuve    Sauber-Petronas       69       +1 Lap   10      1

9       2       Rubens Barrichello    Ferrari       69       +1 Lap   5      

10       14       David Coulthard    Red Bull Racing       69       +1 Lap   15      

11       4       Takuma Sato    BAR-Honda       69       +1 Lap   4      

12       7       Mark Webber    Williams-BMW       68       +2 Lap   12      

13       18       Tiago Monteiro    Jordan-Toyota       67       +3 Lap   19      

14       8       Nick Heidfeld    Williams-BMW       66       +4 Lap   14      

15       19       Narain Karthikeyan    Jordan-Toyota       66       +4 Lap   17      

Ret       10       Juan Pablo Montoya    McLaren-Mercedes       46       +24 Laps   8      

Ret       21       Christijan Albers    Minardi-Cosworth       37       +33 Laps   20      

Ret       20       Patrick Friesacher    Minardi-Cosworth       33       +37 Laps   18      

Ret       12       Felipe Massa    Sauber-Petronas       30       +40 Laps   9      

Ret       15       Christian Klien    Red Bull Racing       1       +69 Laps   16

Screw you Schumacher

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2005, 03:56:58 AM »
Alonso TOTALLY dominated the race today!!!  Another great race for him and for the Renault team, especially considering this was their home race!!!  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

And on another note, Michelin has announced that for next year's USGP, THEY will purchase a bunch of tickets (I think they said 50 000?) and they'll give them away to the public for FREE!!!  I guess it's their way of trying to apologize for not having the proper tires for the 7 teams that ended up having to withdraw from the race.

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2005, 06:10:17 AM »
Holy shit Alonso was SO FAST. I thought he was running really light on fuel but he pitted much later than I expected. Raikkonen almost had a great race and strategy when he leap-frogged everyone after the first pit stop.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2005, 01:55:41 AM »
Quote from: amuse
Holy shit Alonso was SO FAST. I thought he was running really light on fuel but he pitted much later than I expected. Raikkonen almost had a great race and strategy when he leap-frogged everyone after the first pit stop.

Don't forget, props also have to go with Raikkonen's pit crew for being so quick and efficient while he WAS in the pit.  Even though he's got major skills, he wouldn't have been able to pull off that little manoevre without an awesome pit crew.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2005, 10:45:05 PM »
A great race for both Raikkonen and Alonso. 24 points is still pretty much with today's rules. I kinda hope that Alonso wouldn't finish in Britain and we get a very interesting season --fighting for championship till the last race.
coot is ctz

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2005, 08:33:56 PM »
Poor Alonso just couldn't quite catch up to Montoya today.  The fact that Montoya started of with at least 3 laps more worth of fuel (according to the announcers) didn't help either.  Montoya FINALLY got a win for McLaren (I'm sure the team was like "it's about fuckin' time).  The race was good in terms of car reliability, only one car had to pull out of the race (one of the Jordan cars).  And with Raikkonen finishing in third, Alonso further extends his lead just a LITTLE bit more in the driver's championships.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2005, 11:20:49 PM »
Excluding Montoya's success, Silverstone was exactly the same race as week ago in Magny-cours. Raikkonen's engine was blown up and he fought himself to the top, losing 2 points to Alonso in the end after Fisischella has screwed his race by shutting off his engine at the pits.

Hopefully the next race follows a different script.
coot is ctz

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2005, 11:24:24 PM »
Quote from: ctz
Hopefully the next race follows a different script.

Considering the next race is in Germany, it'll be interesting to see if the Schumachers and Heidfeld can do anything.  Ahhhh...Hockenheim.  Bratwurst, saurkraut, and big ass mugs of beer!!!

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005, 04:58:33 AM »
Ferrari looks to be done for the season. Their cars don't have much race pace anymore  :( . Schumacher was holding up Raikkonen just like how Trulli holds up everyone :D

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2005, 04:26:23 PM »
FIA announced that there are no reasons to continue disciplinary proceedings against Michelin teams about the Indy incident.

Actually, I'm surprised. I really thought they would mess up the season with this shit in the end. But better this way, nice to see some common sense in FIA.
coot is ctz

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2005, 03:14:42 AM »
Took them long enough.  Now hopefully the focus will go back to the actual racing.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2005, 05:21:49 AM »
Hmm...Champ Car has a race tmr:

http://www.edmontonchampcar.com

With whoa, actual celebs: Paul Newman and Wayne Gretzky.

I just know Paul Tracy - the regular CART guy. The airport track is supposed to be wicked?

Just not feeling the Miss Grand Prix contest...Akinastar shoulda joined  :evil:

http://www.faceofchampcar.com/

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2005, 08:27:24 PM »
A lot of the drivers were saying that they were really liking the track they set up there in Edmonton.  It's supposedly super-fast and there are a lot of turns.  Different sections are apparently wider than others, it'll make the racing strategy (like when to try and pass) pretty interesting.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2005, 10:05:12 PM »
Are you other Canadians watching it right now on Global? da Matta had to pull out early (sic) and right now it's Tracy in the lead.  8)

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2005, 10:32:01 PM »
Quote from: daigong
Are you other Canadians watching it right now on Global? da Matta had to pull out early (sic) and right now it's Tracy in the lead.  8)

You know it buddy, though as of this moment (Lap 56 of 88), Allmendinger's in the lead and Tracey's in second place about 2 seconds behind.

edit:  Whoa, Allemendinger almost drifted his car right into the wall!!!  Must've come within a few inches of it!!!  This sure is one hell of a track!!!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2005, 10:50:37 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhh, Tracy just fucked up.  Cost him a couple of positions.  Now he's stuck in 5th.

edit:  (Lap 80-ish of 88) Just had a restart, and Allmendinger's car wouldn't turn!!! He ended up in  a little cul-de-sac!!! Funny thing is, the dude in second FOLLOWED HIM on his wrong turn!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   That sucks big time for Allmendinger,  he had this race locked up, IMO.  Oh well, at least Tracey's back to a podium position now.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official Racing Thread
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2005, 11:03:17 PM »
SHIT! And Gretzky appeared. He jinxed him.

They're saying the track is actually gettng faster and faster as they race. At least all the rain happened yesterday.  :D

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - Quake and Brook