JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - One or Eight

Author Topic: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)  (Read 316471 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Wonder Girls (원더걸스)
« Reply #1180 on: July 23, 2016, 12:29:31 AM »

Ahaha these are so good. Sunmi be wasteeed.  :rofl:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1181 on: January 26, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »
Well, this was brewing, though I hoped it wouldn't happen. :(

Breaking: Wonder Girls Disbanding, To Release One Last Single

Wonder Girls is disbanding.

Speculations of the group breaking up were widespread after news of the members’ expiring contracts, and JYP Entertainment confirmed the news on January 26.

Here is JYP’s full statement:

“Hello, this is JYP Entertainment. We are announcing that Wonder Girls, after 10 years, is disbanding.

“The decision happened after much discussion among the members and with our agency. Yubin and Hyerim of Wonder Girls have re-signed with JYP Entertainment, and they will be continuing with music, acting, MCing, and other activities.

“Yeeun and Sunmi, after much deliberation, have decided to leave JYP Entertainment.

“As a thank you to all the fans that stayed faithful to Wonder Girls over the past 10 years, the group will be releasing a final digital single on February 10, their 10th anniversary.

“Thank you to all the fans all around the world for being with us, JYP and Wonder Girls, for 10 years.”

The members of Wonder Girls also left farewell messages for their fans in a video:

Yeeun: “It’s already been 10 years since we’ve been together. All the moments that we laughed, cried, and were happy and sad together went by like a kaleidoscope. Thank you for giving us memories that we’ll take with us forever.”

Sunmi: “A lot of things happened during these 10 years. To all the fans that supported us, trusted us, and waited for us… my heart aches, giving you sad news. I’m sorry, and thank you.”

Yubin: “To Wonderful, with your never ending support and trust, Wonder Girls was so loved for 10 years. Always, with thanks, I will treasure all of our moments together.”

Hyerim: “Whenever you start to miss us, I hope that our songs, filled with memories, will be of comfort to you. Though it may be hard now, we’ll do our best to become a source of strength to you.”

All: “Thank you, thank you, and thank you again. We were so happy. Those days were like a dream. Remember us… We are Wonder Girls.”

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000942230&gid=999339&cid=1054686

Ah, this blows. I always liked them, although they really became my favorites after releasing Reboot, which is probably my #1 kpop album of all time.

Now, if this trend of disbanding all my fave kpop girl groups would stop, I'd appreciate it quite a bit.  :angry:

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #1182 on: January 27, 2017, 07:58:15 PM »

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1183 on: February 13, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »
Perhaps it's because I'm sad about the group, but damn this song hit me right in the heart.

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #1184 on: February 05, 2019, 04:52:18 AM »
can't find any links right now. Sunmi is doing a tour and I grabbed an overpriced ticket to her Seattle show. 
https://www.showboxpresents.com/events/detail/368928
Life is one time.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1185 on: March 05, 2019, 05:41:07 AM »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0