JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goche` - Serendipity

Author Topic: (Band) X Japan  (Read 70297 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: (Band) X Japan
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2011, 08:08:03 AM »
What more can I say! The old school paving the way:

Hi guys, I'm new on X-Japan. What's the song name playing on this page? Anybody knows?

http://www.xjapanmusic.com/contest/
it's called "Jade"  8)2

YUP!! here's an official news release:

X JAPAN'S FIRST SINGLE, JADE TO BE RELEASED ON JUNE 28

(June 14, 2011) -- Jade, the long-awaited new single from X Japan, one of the most influential rock bands in Japanese history, will be released in
North America, Europe and Latin America on Tuesday, June 28 in all digital formats.  Jade is the first track from the band's English debut album,
currently in the final stages of recording.

A Jade full-length ringtone will be made available exclusively in Japan on June 28, and the single will be released there and in Southeast Asia two
weeks later on July 13.

"This is a years-long dream of X Japan's, to release a record in the Americas and in Europe," said Yoshiki, X Japan's leader/producer/songwriter/drummer/pianist.  "Music is very powerful, and we believe it can help us bridge the gap between east and west. We hope that Jade will be the first step."

Written and produced by Yoshiki and mixed by Andy Wallace, Jade was recorded in both Japan and at Yoshiki's Los Angeles studio, the same studio
where Metallica recorded its classic Black album before Yoshiki bought it and turned it into a private facility.

The song features the thunderous drums and bass of Yoshiki and Heath, respectively, the searing twin guitar work of Pata and Sugizo, and Toshi's
dynamic vocals.  With most lyrics sung in English, Jade is a hauntingly romantic tale of embracing the beautiful sadness of death, and showcases X
Japan¹s eclectic mix of rock, goth, and classical music.

The release of Jade coincides with the X Japan's June 28 sold-out show at London¹s Shepherd's Bush Empire and the kick-off of their world tour that
includes stops in Europe and South America.  Click here http://www.xjapanmusic.com/  for the full itinerary.

and some news from BARKS: http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000070792 with MAJOR links from US Press WHOA!

(and preview via soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/xjapan)

Here they perform it last year in Yokohama:

who going to the tour?

Offline tutu48

« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2011, 04:34:11 PM »
YOU STILL SHINE.. WHEN YOU SINK INTO THE SEA

WHEN ALL THE BLEEDING SCARLET JEALOUSY

GOES AWAY WITH ME !!!!!!!!!

dang, gotta watch the friggin concert !!

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2011, 05:37:27 AM »
PV for Jade!!! Can't wait for their album >.<!!!

Offline tutu48

« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2011, 08:13:02 PM »
thank you soo much sir for the links....

Hope X will concert in asia (i hope sing or indonesia)..

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
Damn...Just heard that Taiji died after attempting suicide. RIP
Here's an article about it...
Musician Sawada Dies

Offline alwaysbiasa

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2011, 06:36:52 AM »
Damn...Just heard that Taiji died after attempting suicide. RIP
Here's an article about it...
Musician Sawada Dies

I've known it from 2 days ago
and I feel sumthin' fishy about his death
suicide?? I don't think so
lots of rumors out there

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »
there are some sources that claimed that Taiji had no bruises around his neck when it was reported he tried to hang himself, and also traces of ductapes can be found around his mouth, now we dont know the credibility for the reports, all we can do know is just wait.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
X JAPAN Announces Southeast Asia Conc
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2011, 10:02:31 PM »
X Japan about to go HAM!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Japanese Rock Icons X JAPAN Announces Southeast Asia Concert Dates

(August 14th 2011)  With sales of more than 30-million records and DVDs, arecord 18 sell-outs at Japan¹s 55,000-seat Tokyo Dome a North American
concert debut last summer at the Lollapalooza festival, and a sold out New York City debut at the famed Roseland Ballroom, X Japan announces its
long-waited tour of Southeast Asia. Latin America and South East Asia dates will follow X Japan¹s first-ever concerts in London, Paris, the Netherlands,
Berlin and Latin America.

The tour begins October 28 in Korea (Seoul at the Olympic Park Gymnastics
Stadium) with stops in China (Shanghai at the Shanghai Grand Stage; Beijing
at the Beijing Workers Stadium),Hong Kong (Asia World Arena), Taiwan (Taipei
at the Nangang Exhibition Hall)and ending in Thailand (Bangkok at Impact
Arena) on November 8. Log onto http://www.xjapanmusic.com for ticket
information.

X Japan¹s upcoming tour dates are as follows:

SEPTEMBER
9 Teatro Caupolican, Santiago, Chile
11 Venue, Sao Paulo, Brasil
14 El Teatro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
16 Scencia, Lima, Peru
18 Circo Volador, Mexico City, Mexico

OCTOBER
28 Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium, Seoul, Korea
30 Shanghai Grand Stage, Shanghai, China

NOVEMBER
 2 Beijing Workers Stadium, Beijing, China
 4 Asia World Arena, Hong Kong, China
 6 Nangang Exhibition Hall, Taipei, Taiwan
 8 Impact Arena, Bangkok, Thailand

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
South America Tour is official over, from what I heard it rocked HARD!  But there were also quite a few bizarre moments.  A strand of YOSHIKI's hair got pulled off intentionally while he was doing a crowd dive, then that person actually tweeted that picture to YOSHIKI, of course the dude got a lot of heat for doing that and he took it down.  And then his neck brace got stolen on another crowd dive. I guess people were having too great of a time, but still show some general respect!

YOSHIKI's been addressing he's a nurse-con tweeter while interacting with fans, but he caught everyone by surprise when he actually changed into a nurse costume in a few concerts, just looking at the pictures totally ruined Nursed themed AV for me!!! but nothing wrong with them having some fun, and the crowd seemed to love it. I just wish they can come back and play at LA again soon, I happened to miss it last year, but attended the their Yokohama Live, which also happened to be former bassist Taiji's last live performance....  RIP Taiji...

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »
Sugizo playing "El Condor Pasa" (Traditional Peruvian song) during their concert in Lima, Peru... some might say is from Bolivia but that's not important here

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2011, 10:45:09 AM »
South East Asia Tour Dates kicking off in Korea!

October 28th – Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium in Seoul, Korea
October 30th – Shanghai Grand Stage in Shanghai, China
November 2nd – Beijing Workers’ Stadium in Beijing, China
November 4th – Asia World-Expo in Hong Kong, China
November 6th – TWTC Nangang Exhibition Hall in Taipei, Taiwan
November 8th – Impact Arena in Bangkok, Thailand

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2011, 04:47:41 AM »
X Japan in Taipei was pretty successful.  Wish I was there though! Last year when they had tour in the US, I was on Taiwan and Shanghai, now that I'm back in the States, they are having a South Asian tour, including Taiwan and Shanghai! noooooo

An emotional YOSHIKI talking about HIDE and TAIJI

Ok, you're still my favorite drummer/pianist/musician/song writer of all time, but tune it down YOSHIKI!  This is almost in the realm of H!P photobooks, it's too much! As a straight man, I gotta say he's already ruined Nurse themed AV for me! no more ahhh!!!!

And.... Just got my Last Live Complete Limited Edition! Cost me a fortune though.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:35:30 AM by fobmysterio »

Offline beneso

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:08 AM »
I love the little Hide's guitar alarm clock! This is really cute!

I visited the concert in Paris last summer (I was there on vacation and lucky enough they had their concert at the same time :)) and it was a wonderful experience. The crowd was awesome! The whole atmosphere was breathtaking. I really felt the love of the audience for the band!

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »
YOSHIKI's doing the theme song for Golden Globe!

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2012, 01:42:13 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO X JAPAN ON WINNING "BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND" AWARD AT GOLDEN GODS REVOVLER AWARD!
http://loudwire.com/x-japan-take-home-best-international-band-award-at-golden-gods/

It's pretty impressive that they beat out Rammstein, the band is huuuge!

Now really looking forward to their next World Tour, as well as their new album (which is 99% done 2 years ago, hurry up bro!)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »
hey look at all the great stuff!! GREAT CAUSE YO.

YOSHIKI DONATES TO "MAKE-A-WISH®OF JAPAN" A CHANCE TO SING AN X JAPAN SONG ACCOMPANIED BY YOSHIKI ON PIANO

TOKYO, JAPAN October 26th, 2012 - Make-A-Wish® of Japan, an official affiliate of the Make-A-Wish® International, will welcome its 20th year since its foundation in 1992. To celebrate this anniversary, a dinner party was hosted at Tokyo American Club on the evening of October 26th, 2012 in Tokyo, Japan.

During this dinner party, a charity auction was announced to raise funds for the organization. YOSHIKI, international musician/producer and leader of the rock band X Japan, donated "A Chance to Sing an X Japan Song Accompanied by Yoshiki on Piano" alongside other items donated by celebrities and other supporting corporations.

Yoshiki is continuing the tradition of the late X Japan member Hide who was an active supporter of Make-A-Wish of Japan®. Hide's encouraging and supporting one girl in particular, who was a big X Japan fan as she faced a life-threatening medical condition, was a captivating story, which continues to inspire people and remains a legacy.

Yoshiki put his own favorite "crystal" piano up for auction in 2011, as well as collecting donations from various Hollywood celebrity friends, providing aid for the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami, through Yoshiki Foundation America (USD 213,658 to date). In addition, Yoshiki's charitable work includes donating pianos to schools in the affected area by the Kobe Earthquake, as well as donating musical instruments and helping build music rooms for children affected by the Sichuan earthquake in China, and many more.

Yoshiki's previous auction with Points of Light was a "Private Dinner /w Yoshiki", which closed at 37,100 USD.

"It's been over 15 years since I first moved to the US, and charity work is very much a part of people's everyday life, this has also grown to be a part of mine as well. Your mission to: 'Make a wish come true', very much resonates with my passion which is why I have, and would like to continue supporting your organization and all of its many efforts," Yoshiki says.

The online auction opened at 1 a.m. (US PST) on Friday, October 26th and will close one week later at 1 a.m. (US PST) on Friday, November 2nd.  To place your bid, please visit:
http://www.j-grab.com/auction/jp/page/c372518589/en/

Further details regarding this auction item is as follows:

ITEM: A Chance to Sing an X Japan's Song Accompanied by Yoshiki on Piano
DONATED BY: Yoshiki Foundation America [a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation]
TIME: Valid for 1 year from the date of purchase
AUCTION HOSTED BY: Yahoo (Japan) Auction

Offline L4verra

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
Do you honestly wanna know how I found about this band?

Dead serious :)
miyawaki sakura + smash bros + st. louis cardinals

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2012, 06:51:23 AM »
lol THE power of crossover.

hey, he'll be doing more music here:

GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS® THEME COMPOSED BY JAPANESE MUSIC SUPERSTAR YOSIHIKI TO BE DIGITALLY RELEASED ON ITUNES IN 111 COUNTRIES ON JANUARY 15, 2013

HOLLYWOOD, CA, December 20, 2013 - In celebration of the 70th Anniversary of the Golden Globe Awards®, the show's musical theme, composed by Japanese superstar Yoshiki, will soon be available for download on iTunes. Written for the awards ceremony by the classically trained multi-instrumentalist and leader of one of Japan's most successful rock groups, X-Japan, the theme will be available for download as a full-length digital single in 111 countries starting January 15, 2013. All proceeds from sales of the single will be donated to charity.

"It's such an honor to be a part of this esteemed event which is enjoyed by hundreds of millions around the world," said Yoshiki. "Composing this music was a journey that involved creating numerous versions in order to arrive at just the right sound to capture the unique combination of glamour and edginess that makes the Golden Globe Awards so entertaining. I'm very proud of the result and am thrilled that Warner Music has chosen to make it available around the world."

Yoshiki recorded the theme, which opens the show and is used at other key moments during the broadcast, in his native Japan. He played many of the instruments himself before adding a full string orchestra.

"To have world-renowned musician Yoshiki compose the theme song for the Golden Globes is an honor for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and we are delighted that the single is now being released worldwide," said HFPA President Dr. Aida Takla-O'Reilly. "Our international organization recognizes the most accomplished entertainers in film, television and music, and Yoshiki certainly fits right in among our honorees,"

All profits from the iTunes sales of the single will be donated to charities chosen by the HFPA.

GREAT CAUSE!! wonder if he'll be a presenter with Jim Rome lol

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:32 AM »
Full version of Golden Globe theme written by YOSHIKI just got released on iTunes today!

https://itunes.apple.com/album/gorudengurobunotema/id590422275?i=590422279&l=ja&v0=9990&ign-mpt=uo%3D1

YOSHIKI at 2013 Golden Globe

I made the purchase and gotta say it's pretty good!

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goche` - Serendipity