JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nine Muses - A Few Good Man

Author Topic: [MariHaru] Basket Case - Under Construction (HPOV Chap3 Posted) 7/20  (Read 129098 times)

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 9: Cutting fruits is an altruistic deed!)
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I was literally screaming from the flood of happiness when I refreshed the fanfic thread and 'BAM!' Basket case chapter 9♥ popped up!!!!

Every day just checking you know, that's what I did. I was so happy that a week had already passed and was literally bursting with excitement knowing you were going to update any day now hehe. I mean you said you can't feel your fic, but you should be able to feel something from our feels right???!!! T^T Tears of joy.

Replying to your note, you're right! AHah, Mariko-sama is pretty stalkerish when it comes to Haruna...I can't help, but think sometimes romantic too. I've seen many examples of this by also stalking her blog lol. They're always like dining partners too, so yes all is good. OMG, I watched their performance earlier for temodemo and it was sooo sooo satisfyingly good. You should check it out if you haven't yet!

About the chapter well you're exaggerating, because it's still as epic as ever. I hope you feel better though, because a happy author brings more awesome updates. I  hecka appreciate you updating this faster, and that you like your own fic hahah! You also clearly have one of the best most creative and random messed up head then I can say, and again I absolutely love it.

From the last chapter, I already guessed it to be Rena & hahah yes!! I WAS RIGHT!!! ...Hmm, she just gives off that good girl vibe 'X) Then the MariHaru interaction scene was so damn cute, I freggin' knew it when I read 'Dirt on your lip' that it was her lip's beauty mark LOL. Spazzed about it rereading it over and over again, until I decided to proceed and then SMILES FOO INTERRUPTED!!! ARGRGHHHHGHGH!!! Why?!!! Horrible timing...I wanted Mariko to say it... T.T She better get the chance to later hahah. && Oh yeah Kojibabe and her boob press...Mariko knows she likes it. Smiles knows too hehe, whatever excuse she's making up in her own crazy f'd up mind to make her feel better....It'll all crash down when she finally lets it sinkin too that to her Haruna is special kekeke.

I can't wait for Betty's concert! Mariko's gonna be in awe too huh? lol omgomgomg I can't sleep, I don't want to wait!!! Update soon FOF-SAMA update soon hehe, your english is amazing. I like the good english and the 'bad' english ':3 The pacing of the story is just perfect! Like almost too much to be true, always a delicacy to enjoy how well it is flowing.

I am a very happy reader. I thought maybe this time I'd end my note with the kirby dance (V"V) (>")> (^"^) <("<) ...But then it didn't match up to how I was feeling so instead I'm going to once again add this LOL  :down

:wigglypanda:

Sorry if it makes you feel weird, I just can't describe how I feel hence the wiggily panda. Smile FOF-sama, Mariko-sama loves pandas too!!! :heart:

Edit: So, I happened to read your note to suicchan...SMUTFEST???!!! I THINK YESS!!!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:10:39 AM by anonymousdowner »

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »
story going out fine.. Really great..

OMG.. Haruna.. Mariko..
Really can't wait till next week to know what happened in the concert :|

OMG.. just so curious now T.T
Haruna is jealous.. Guess that answers everything..
And also.. Mariko doesn't want to hurt Haruna..
That's just the sweetest thing ever! :heart:

I meant, with that Mariko in the beginning, suddenly chose to be hurt instead of hurting someone..
that's just the best part, isn't it? :D

after reading senpai anonymousdowner's comment, I got to agree to that..
Just.. really amazing! hahaha.. I'm just as hyper as that senpai now..
SO SO SO HYPER.. so happy watching the updates that I read it just after you posted, but unfortunately gonna enter class before finished reading T.T :love:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:32:21 AM by lovemariharu »

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
THANK YOU FOR UPDATING :D

UPDATE OFTEN..HEHEHE..
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
WOOHOOOOOO!!!
 :farofflook: :farofflook:
MARIHARU!!!
 :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

i cant wait!!
CHAPTER 10 please!!!
update as soon as possible!!!
 :fainted:
thank you for the update FOF-san!!
 :kneelbow:

Offline masokun

• Mariko | Airin | Nana |-oshi
  • Member+
  • reborn creature via ctrl+alt+del
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »
GAAAWWDD...

This update is :twothumbs

You even put 2 of my oshimen in one fic   :otomerika:
How can I not love you, FOF-san?   :bow:

The story flows smoothly
It's a good chapter for MariHaru..
finally, Mariko started to have a crush with Betty Haruna..

Next is concert in a church, I can imagining Haruna angelic voice.. with Mariko as an ex member of a band that I assume she has a great sense of music, I think the chemistry between them going to booming.
It have to be 100% then  :lol:

I'm not going to be tired to ask...Please update soon, FOF-san!  :bow:

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
You know reading Mariko's thoughts sometimes feel like stuff that I thought about before,
if I wanted superpowers or not. hmmm I still think I would just pass for that. Definately not
immortality.

THE MIDGET MOBILE! I'm going to imagine Takamina driving a Mini or something along that line in
size =p

AHAHAHAHA Betty actually looks okay when she is in her dirty working clothes, maybe they should
just tell her to wear that stuff more often instead. BAM! RENA!!! I can actually guess it was
Rena when you used skinny, porcelian skin and pale as your description keke.

=O Whitey! It will be your fault when the next time I see them in vids and start calling them
Creepy, Crazy etc. LOL.

Seems like Scrooge is really starting to fall into place with all the craziness in the story,
she is showing feelings =O *shocked* but surprisingly Smiles know about Betty too, I guess Crazy
really can't keep secrets. (Note I am calling the guy Smiles for sure because I can't remember
his name and too lazy to check back)

O.O Really years for Miichan and .. Smile to be named by Scrooge keke You know what I'm actually
having fun commenting and calling them by their crazy names HAHAHAHAHAHA.

OMG OMG Scrooge is being nice! Dressing a cut wound, awwwwwww how touching =) *shock X 2*
She can smile!!!! Aww Rena is joining in on the MariHaru mission and trying to talk to the
source of problem. but O.O again Betty can sing =O

But you know what, I think I want Mariko's Auto delete function so I can just remove all the pointless
stuff in life too =) Woah ends with Haruna snuggle up to Mariko YAY!!!

Needddddddd more of this!!! It's drugged I tell you.
Please update! No rush really but please be quick haha

Well I guess I can wait =p, if some reason I just had a feeling you would update soon =)

Oh shoot you remember keke, yes I still owe you a MariHaru  :banghead:
kekeke *sweatdrops*

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2012, 09:09:13 PM »
I like how Mariko gives nickname to everyone ^^
Kojiharu with bandana must be hot~

I will never watch the ring! I hate horror thing! lol

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »
Seriously?! You actually made up the name in your head? I really thought you knew him. When I first read it, I was like 'I heard that name before' until I searched his name in google till I noticed that my friend talked about him before though she wasn't a fan of the band. He seriously looks like a girl with that kind of face of his.

Anyway, about the new chapter, again another fast update; lol, Haruna's being jealous again.

It's so cute that Mariko is helping Haruna with her little injury and blushing at the same time, I can totally imagine the scene; definitely adorable.

Ooh, Mariko's being caring knowing that she doesn't want hurt Haruna's feelings.(and probably her small feelings for Haruna is starting to grow a little.)

Can't wait for the next chapter and Haruna's singing.

Please update soon. I hope I'll be able to read it next week, school's been really busy now. Ugh.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:33:45 AM by RJay »
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline SharkAttack

« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2012, 02:54:41 AM »
I don't really have much to say all the time so I don't comment often, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still reading your story and enjoying every bit of it.  :D

Mariko's inner thoughts are so fun to read, and I imagine they are fun to write, too.  Mii-chan is super hilarious, and she's my favorite character so far lol.

The OC adds realism and volume to the story, so I'm actually quite glad you added him in.

The nicknames can confuse me sometimes when I don't remember who they are referring to, but it's not really much of a problem.  :nervous

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Offline Suicchin

• ひとりに しない で
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)八(бвб)
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2012, 07:01:53 AM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!
This chapter has so much sweetness! I love those little but enjoyable MariHaru moments,the way Mariko behaves with Haruna and no-one else,the way she slowly lets her walls down.

I like the idea of the choir very much! (I really loves Nyaro s voice for the matter, so I think it will be a very enjoyable picture to imagine) I expect to see a totally different side of Betty there! And I hope Mariko and the others see it to

PD: Also,about the sexual frustration comment before this chap, I was thinking maybe just some little kisses would do fine hahaha :P

Reaaaalllyy waiting next chapter!
♥ 恋がしたいのに、うまく恋ができない… そもそも、恋愛なんて私たちには贅沢なんだろうか?  ♥

The Fantastic world of the Wonka Couple FF Chapter 4 [Hiatus]
Who said you can win my heart so easily? Chapter 1 -part 2-[Hiatus]
One-shots / Drabbles / Etc

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »
When I wanted to dl a movie this captcha appeared:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/91605520.png/

I directly think about you and your fic rofl

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2012, 02:05:37 PM »
!!!HEHEHE!!!!

What a wonderful fanfic you have nee-san . . . .
Oh! God . . .  :bleed eyes: so much happiness for me to express :lol:
yeah! yeah!!! I can't help but to put a gif.!!!!  :twothumbs

:tama-lotsaluv: :tama-yeeaah: :tama-apeshit: :mon lovelaff: :wriggly: :mon angel: :wriggly: :mon lovelaff: :tama-apeshit: :tama-yeeaah: :tama-lotsaluv:

:mon mischief: What with there hand facing hu? :mon mischief: ......
 [ :mon bleed2: HAND SHEX!!!!! :heart: ]hehehe . . .  :lol: ||I'm being a perv again :poof: ||
and Haruna?.... is jealous in smiles :shocked . . . Interesting :glasses: very interesting!!!  :twisted: Hehehe
can't wait for  :wriggly: the next chapter!!!!!!
  :luvluv1: woooooooooooohhh!!!  :luvluv1:
okay!!! I am used to TBC :tama-pingpong: . . . just . . .
 argh  :banghead: I don't want it to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :on cloudeye:

||okay enough drama!!! :lol: ||

:flower: take care always  :pour: and keep up your good work nee-san :thumbup :oops: :peace:

:skull: :cat: :pen_whirl: :pen_wave: :pen_whirl: :cat: :skull:
[I want to give you a gif. cake but yeah! . . . I can't right?..... then I will give you a kiss Chu~♥ ahahahahahh :wub: ]

◄FLAMEEYES

Proud to be an E-book reader

===================================
P.S

ahm . . . sorry for late comment cause I'm scared to log in cause I haven't still update my fanfic . . . cause yeah!!! someone curse me that----my USB have a virus so I need to format it . . . then my notebook ||Where my notes are|| went to junk cause my beloved father thought is a sort of trash in his eyes which is NOT!!!! sooo that's like HELL!!!!!! CURSE!!!!!....--------so yeah! . . . sorry for late comment . . .

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

Offline alexiel17

• Captain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • dead.... @__@
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2012, 10:35:16 PM »
YEY!!!  :on woohoo:

FRUIT NINJA IS THE BEST!!! :mon nyah:

And as always, FoF-sama created another awesome chapter  :wriggly:

:heart: Me want more MariKoji interactions pwease~ :heart: :mon dance:

:on gay: currently in my fantasy land :3
ehehehe  :lol:

PS:
 :mon bleed2: <-- my pervy monkey emoticon can not wait anymore (ME WANT ______ IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS!!!!)
and if it could also be written in full details, then that would be nice, ei?  :mon misch:

UPDATE Like a (Fruit) Ninja, FoF-sama :on GJ:

Im always be your loyal fangurl  :heart:
ehehehehe  :mon dance: :mon roll:
dead...

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 10:01:15 AM »
CHAPTER 10!!!
WHERE ARE YOU!!!
i cant wait!!
this is killing me!!
 :OMG: :badluck: :barf: :err: :fever: :fainted:

and now  :imdead:

still waiting for the update!!!hehe
 :thumbsup

Offline Suicchin

• ひとりに しない で
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)八(бвб)
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2012, 04:08:49 AM »
PLEASEEEE. PLEASE UPDATEEEE. I CAN'T STAND WAITING ANYMOAAAAARRRR

♥ 恋がしたいのに、うまく恋ができない… そもそも、恋愛なんて私たちには贅沢なんだろうか?  ♥

The Fantastic world of the Wonka Couple FF Chapter 4 [Hiatus]
Who said you can win my heart so easily? Chapter 1 -part 2-[Hiatus]
One-shots / Drabbles / Etc

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Am I late?  :?
Seriously, I was surprised when you guys kept on bumping this thread.  :nervous
Thanks though since it kinda woke me up from my lazing around. :lol:
And, sorry I guess.  :nervous

My replies to commenters:

@anonymousdowner: Thanks for reminding me about the MariHaru temodemo!!!! You have no idea how much I screamed when I read that.  XD XD After reading about that in your comment, I immediately began searching for it. Ahhh. Good stuff.  :lol: Thanks for making me feel better with the funky panda. That is one weird funky panda. And yeah, it made me smile. :lol: And I'm glad you like/love this story so much.  :) I do try to keep it entertaining. And you're not the only one to tell me that I have a random messed up head since most of the time my friends tell me that. In a good way I think. :lol: You want a smutfest of Basket Case?  :rofl: I actually want that too when I read Suicchin's comment back then. It does sound like a good idea, I mean, we can add the whole 'pervert' to Mariko's description right? Sounds fitting really. Hmmm. I will definitely think about it.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@lovemariharu: I'm glad you like the last chapter too.  XD It means so much.  :) And it is kinda sweet of apathetic Mariko to think about how she doesn't want to hurt Betty huh. She does have a soft side to her that she clearly doesn't know of, obviously it's starting to show because of Betty.  :lol: Let's see how that soft side of hers continues to evolve in the coming chaps. Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@Wmatsui22: I am kinda slow when it comes to writing but...I will try my best to update often.   :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@Chichay12: I'm surprised you commented...twice.  :nervous Sorry about the slow update.  :nervous I will try to update as soon as I can.  :) Thanks for reading and commenting...twice!  :lol:

@masokun: Oh, so one of your oshimen is Rena? Cool.  XD I like Rena since she has this innocent vibe in her.  :lol: Yeah, with Mariko being an ex-band member and Betty singing, I'm thinking, Basket Case band anyone?  :lol: :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! Will try to update as soon as I can.  XD

@immortal_K: I had thought about that question too. About the whole superpowers ability. I'd definitely pick the time travel since I think it'll be fun.  :lol: Immortality is definitely a no-no to me as well.  :nervous Don't call Rena Whitey! That's just...wrong! :lol: Hmmm. I think I have that auto-delete function sometimes since I keep forgetting about things. But then my friends say it's because of the memory gap foods we ate back then.  :lol: And how can I forget a MariHaru fic that immortal_k promised right?  :lol: Hey, no pressure okay? I am pretty patient when it comes to waiting.  :) Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@kahem: Good for you. Don't watch it.  :lol: I was actually just dragged to watch that blasted movie without even knowing that it was a horror one. Scared the poop out of me. :lol: :lol: And my God, that captcha made me lol. Thanks for that. :lol: That captcha is easy huh, usually they invent a messed up word that I have trouble identifying.  :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@RJay: Well I looked up first names and last names in the net and decided to choose that name.  :lol: I honestly didn't know that there was someone with that name. And yeah, I checked what he looks like and was surprised to see 'himer.' Definitely a girly man. :lol: I think I'll do a complete check up next time when I invent an original character again.  :nervous Hope you're doing well in school! Unlike me back then.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

@SharkAttack: Thank you for continuing to read this messed up fic. Means a lot.  :) I'm glad you like Miichan here. I like her being the comedic one in fics. I don't know why really.  :lol: It is fun to write Mariko's thoughts. It like, I'm free to add whatever and blah wherever I want to. I guess that's the only perks I could think of while writing Mariko's thoughts.  :lol:  And I totally get the confusion in the nicknames.  :lol: I'm actually thinking of erasing the wicked nicknames Mariko has on her not yet friends.  Anyway, thanks for reading and leaving a comment!  XD

@Suicchin: When I saw you and Chichay12 bumping this, I went all panicking writing mode.  :lol: Sorry for the wait.  :nervous I love KojiHaru's voice too. It's nice to listen to her singing really.  :) Hmmm. I think you can expect a kiss from the two at chap12. Yeah, I think I already got that planned out.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  Again, sorry for the wait. Don't make Taka whine anymore okay?  :lol:

@flameeyes: I loled at the hand sex.  :rofl:  :rofl: I really hadn't thought of that.  :lol: I'll add more hand sex for you to quench that perverted side of yours.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! Can't say much to you since we always talk anyway.  :lol:

@alexiel17: I was so surprised when you commented here Lexi. I mean, the GIF sisters commenting in my fic?! Epic!  :lol: You and flameeyes are so alike.  :lol: And I do have a feeling you read this because you couldn't sleep. Am I right?  :) Regardless of that, I thank you for the continues support you have given me. Really, after all these years.  :) And yeah, fruit ninja is the best. Though I do suck on it.  :lol: :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting!  XD

To dear thank you pressers and silent readers, I thank you as well.  :bow: :bow: :bow:

I'd like to thank Sese and anzai48 for advertising this fic at the General discussion thread. I loled at anzai48's advertisement.  :lol:

And with that, ends my replies.  :)
Again, I warn!
This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.  :)
This one is rushed despite the fact that this chapter has been in my head for how many months now.  :nervous
So, I may tweak it every now and then but this is the gist of it.  :)
Hopefully it won't suck.  :lol:
Seriously, thanks guys.  :)
With that, Enjoy!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 10: Betty, The Religious-Goody-Goody-Self-Proclaimed-Lesbian

I wonder, can you keep a secret?

No, I’m not asking that so I could tell you one of mine, which by the way I don’t have so, tough luck. Why don’t I have secrets you ask? Why not, right? I mean, keeping a secret about yourself can be bothersome and stressful. Plus, like Crazy Psycho said; not a closed book here. I can easily tell anyone what’s on my mind without bothering to think if I’m going to hurt them or not.

What about hurting Betty, you ask?

…You just had to add that huh. We’ll get to the Betty topic in a while. I am trying to make a point here. Impatient much? Anyway, let’s move along and change the topic to its rightful place and refrain from mentioning Betty for just a sec, okay?

Anyway, rudeness aside, did you know about that?

About the whole, keeping a secret can be stressful. No? Well you should. Keeping things—be it little or not—bottled up inside you can be mentally and physically unhealthy. Metally: It can make you crazy. Physically: You might cut your wrist because of it, wanting to end your life and commit suicide. ..Okay so that cut your wrist, suicidal thing, is bull. But, it could happen too you know. You never know right? So again, I ask you, can you? Keep a secret I mean.

What about me? Can I keep a secret?

You do remember that I have an auto-delete function right? Yeah, so with that in mind, if someone tells me a secret and my brain deemed it pointless, it’s deleted. It’ll be thrown in my trash bin of uselessness. So in a way, if you think about it, I CAN keep a secret, because I’ll forget about it instantly. Heh. I guess that’s kinda like one of the perks of having me as a friend.

What about secrets that doesn’t go to my trash bin of uselessness?

Obviously, I keep it to myself and wait for the one with the secret to blab it themselves. I mean, why would I say someone’s secret when it’s theirs, right? They should be the one to scream it to the world, not me. I have no right to blurt it out to anyone. That’s Crazy Psycho’s job. So yeah, even if I forget or not, I still keep it to myself. Kinda like what I did with Miichan being a rich kid. I didn’t tell anyone, not even my parents. She was the one who did. Same with Smiles confessing his love for me. I didn’t tell anyone. He did…to Crazy Psycho who then was displeased that I didn’t tell her about it. But meh, she instantly got over it after I told her we can watch whatever fucked up movie she wants to see. Yeah, that’s how I usually tame her childish tantrums. Bribe her into watching or doing whatever fucked up thing she wants. I guess that’s kinda like a torture for me huh?

What about Betty’s not-so-secret crush on me? Where does that fall?

Hmmm. Obviously, my auto-delete function isn’t erasing it since I’m constantly reminded of the fact that my roommate has the hots for me. But honestly, it does fall under the trash bin of uselessness. Okay, before you call me a bitch, hear me out, okay? You see, Betty having a crush on me definitely is…useless. It’s me, she’s having a crush with. Shinoda Mariko, who is said to be ‘a sarcastic, apathetic, sucky, Scrooge incarnate bitch sent from earth to spread needless emotions throughout the land.’ That’s a famous quote by my Crazy Psycho bestfriend by the way. With that said, doesn’t Betty’s not-so-secret crush fall under the trash bin of uselessness then? I’ve had a few guys AND girls back then, professing their hidden desires for me. What happened to them you ask? Dumped, obviously. I’m just…I’m just not the girlfriend material type. I’m flattered that they like me that way. Well except for the girls since again, not gay here. Still, it was a bit flattering in a weird what the hell way. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, even some guys that confessed to me are…ugh since they all seem to just want one thing and hell no would I give it them. Please, they’d be better off with a hooker really. Anyway, I’m going off topic again huh. My point is, with me being a heartbreaker back then, who’s to say that it won’t happen to Betty too, right? And…I’d rather not make her experience it. The hurt I mean. I meant what I said, about not wanting to hurt her. She’s actually the first person, who has feelings for me, that makes me want to protect from myself. No, I didn’t feel the need to protect Smiles from me. I remember it clearly, how I instantly said that I don’t feel the type of feelings that he has for me. I guess…I lied about that huh.

Huh…

Well…would you look at that. It’s funny because just a little while ago, I said I didn’t have a secret. Now…I just realized…that I do have one.

My secret?

I don’t want to hurt Betty.

“Are you having an asthma attack or something? Or is that how you breathe now?” I asked at the person sitting across me as I lowered the magazine that I was holding, placing it on my lap. Miichan just rolled her eyes and let out another sigh, doing her Popeye impression as she looked out the window. Since she offered me silence, I decided to get back in reading, internally counting when she says—

“I can’t believe you! You’re not going to even ask me what’s bothering me?!” She whined as she looks at me incredulously. I lowered my magazine again as I looked at her with narrowed eyes. How many seconds did that last, you ask? 30 seconds. So much for thinking she could break her 1 minute of silence back then.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, closing the magazine and looking at the semi stressed out features of my Crazy Psycho bestfriend. With a bored look, I asked her, “What’s bothering you, oh whiney one,” as I waved my hand in a brush off gesture.

“I’m still a bit mad at you for not telling me about Haruna-chan’s concert!” She started, frowning as she pointed at me. Figures it’s about Betty’s concert. Yeah, she found about it through Whitey the other day. We were eating our lunch together, as usual, when Whitey suddenly approached me, asking me if I was going to the concert for Betty because if I was, she was going to provide me with a ticket. Of course, with Crazy Psycho there, she’d ask what the hell was Whitey talking about and a lot of blahs from Whitey and a surprised Crazy Psycho and tahdah. She found out about Betty’s concert and instantly told the other two crazies about it, saying how I suck for not telling them about it. I just went all meh about that. Big deal right? Well, yes, apparently it is a big deal to Crazy Psycho. Why? Well…

Crazy Psycho let out a sigh, looking a bit deflated as her eyes made its way to the table, continuing. “But…I’m more disappointed at the fact that Haruna-chan didn’t tell me about it. I mean…I thought we were best of friends.” She trailed softly. Yup, that’s why.

I kept my stoic face on her as she seem to stiffen, quickly looking at me nervously as she explained, “B-But that doesn’t mean that you’re not my best friend you know. I mean, you are my TOP best friend and Haruna-chan is kinda like my semi-top best girl friend…or maybe a sub best friend or—“

“Just stop.” I cut her off as I held up my hand for her to stop as I leaned back on my chair. “As fucked up your explanation is, I get it. And you can have as many best friends as you want. I don’t care.” Seriously, I don’t. Hell she could call everyone her best friend for all I care. It’s kinda fucked up that she thinks I’d be jealous of that fact. Psh. Yeah right.

“Oh.” She blinked staring at me for a few seconds until she narrowed her eyes as she looks out the window, mumbling sarcastically, “Well that makes me feel better. Thanks for valuing your top best friend status then.”

“Whatever. Are you done now with your moping?” I sighed as I crossed my arms to my chest not liking the return of the Whiney Crazy Psycho. This part of Crazy Psycho offers me unhealthy benefits. And yes, there are a lot of sides to Crazy Psycho. What are they, you ask? Let’s just say…NO since I don’t want to enumerate all her sides for the reason that it might bring forth an impending headache. See? Unhealthy benefit right there.

“No! Aren’t you listening? She didn’t tell me that she’s having a concert this coming Sunday despite the fact that we’re best friends!” She said frantically as she waves her hand, looking at me.

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but if she didn’t tell you something about…something, she must have a reason behind it.”

“Corrected for wrongness since again, I repeat, we’re best of friends.” She reasoned. “Best of friends tell each other everything. That’s why they’re called the ‘best,’ duh. It’s like, the first rule in being BFFAF.” She rolled her eyes as if stating the obvious. I arched my eyebrow at that making her to let out a sigh and shake her head.

“BFFAF means best friends forever and forever. Don’t you know that?”

“Actually, the confusion that I’m feeling is more like, ‘why aren’t you in a straight jacket to be thrown in an asylum and be locked up forever?’ Like seriously, why?”

Miichan frowned at me, pouting. “Be serious Mariko!”

“Right. I tend to forget that I’m a joker. Shall I tell you a knock-knock joke then?” I replied, my voice laced with sarcasm which aggravates the Whiney Crazy Psycho more as she let out, “Mariko!”

“What?!” I raised my eyebrow at her, not really getting what it is that she wants me to say. She glared back for a while, until her shoulders dropped slightly as she let out a sigh, her eyes trained at the table as she pouts.

“I’m…sad you know. I’m her friend and she didn’t tell me.” She softly said. I let out a sigh as I looked at her semi deflated state again. So now, it’s the appearance of Gloomy Crazy Psycho. This is one side that I’m having trouble dealing with since you have to show her…comfort. Yeah, I’m really not used to the whole comfort thing and it only appears when it needs to. Kinda like what happened when I helped Betty with her not so enormous wound. And well, right now, it really needs to appear, doesn’t it?

“Like I said, she must have a reason for not telling you about it.”

Her eyes turned to me as she asks, “Like she forgot?” in a timid-childlike manner. Honestly, I was tempted to say yes there, but seeing how her eyes were boring into mine, silently asking me to comfort her, I went with the whole ‘be nice’ route for a change. For her.

“No, she didn’t forget.” I replied, offering her a small smile for comfort as I shook my head. “She’s not that kind of a person.” C’mon, Betty is a Goody-Goody-Self-Proclaimed-Nun. No way would she forget Crazy Psycho. No one can forget Crazy Psycho regardless of you having an auto-delete function. She’s just be stuck in your head, FOREVER. That’s in bold and capital letters. I should know, since my auto delete function seems broken when it comes to her. Why? I have no fucking idea. There’s just no deleting Crazy Psycho. …Geez, my point was supposed to be because Betty is nice and all that but it totally went to how unforgetful Crazy Psycho is huh. 

“So, why didn’t she tell me when she had countless of opportunities to tell me? I mean, you do know that I was kinda pushing her a bit to tell me what her plans are this coming Sunday, right?” She asked, tilting her head slightly to the side.

“Oh, you did? I hadn’t noticed.” I mumbled. Yes, sarcasm right there since it was pretty obvious what she was trying to do with Betty. Well, for me and the two crazies it’s obvious. To Betty? No, I don’t think so. She can be pretty dense too you know.

“I can hear sarcasm in your voice.” She unenthusiastically said as she narrowed her eyes, making me to shrug in reply. She let out a deep sigh as she shook her head. “I just don’t get why she can’t just blurt out, ‘I-I-I can’t come to Shinoda-san’s workplace this coming Sunday because we’re having a concert and I’m singing a solo.’” She said, imitating Betty’s nervous voice. I have to say, she did it nicely too. That three tries of ‘I’ is so Betty. Maybe she can be a dubber in the future then? Hmm. Gonna unscratch that then, on my list of Miichan’s future jobs.

“She should go with that, rather than tell me a lame excuse of ‘Oh, look at the time, I have to do something’ over and over again.” She grumbled, resting her chin in her hand as she looks at me boredly.

“Seriously, I’ve lost count of how many times I should ‘look at the time.’”

I couldn’t help but let out a snort at how animatedly she said the ‘look at the time’ bit. Honestly, with her saying things like that, in that manner, she kinda sounded like me. Hmm. Maybe it’s not too late for Crazy Psycho to become normal then. Oh, and yes, Betty’s pretty evasive whenever Crazy Psycho invites her to everything she comes up with that would make Betty fess up her plans on Sunday. She’ll give that lame excuse, then hurriedly walk away, giving us an awkward smile as she bids us later. Last time, Crazy Psycho tried to invite Betty to hang out at where Snorlax and I work just to have drinks, which by the way, made me want to strangle her. I mean, c’mon, it’s hard enough to tame the horde of dead hornies inside the bar; I have to look out for Betty and Crazy Psycho as well? NO! That idea is just…fucked up. Completely and utterly fucked up.

“But you know…” Miichan trailed, giving me a teasing smile. “..I noticed that she hesitated when I invited her to come to your work and just hang, like she wanted to come as well. Did you notice that?”

“Uh, no.” I said as I looked at the side, the corner of my lips curved slightly down giving her an unimpressed look. But, truthfully, ugh, how could I not notice? Betty glanced at me for a second upon hearing that and quickly glanced away, blushing slightly when I raised my eyebrow. But, Crazy Psycho doesn’t need to know that, really.

“She probably hesitated because the sudden thought of her telling us about the concert entered her mind or something.” I shrugged nonchalantly, taking my drink off the table to take a sip. That should divert the conversation back to her Betty problem rather than going to the unknown not-so-secret crush Betty has on me. Yeah, so Miichan doesn’t know that now, I believe her with her fucked up percentages. She’d gloat and well…I hate Gloating Crazy Psycho. The repetitive ‘I told you so’ coming out of her with that smug look she has is so…ugh. I’ll probably tell her that she’s right when Betty admits her obvious crush on me verbally. Other than that, hell no to Gloating Crazy Psycho.

“I knew she was going to consider it since I mentioned you.” Miichan grinned, wiggling her eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes at that as I placed my drink back on the table. Thankfully, the smug look she has was only brief as she sighed, leaning back on her chair. “But seriously, haven’t you wondered why she hadn’t said anything about her concert?”

“She could be embarrassed about it.” I offered.

“Why would she be embarrassed about it?” She raised her eyebrow. “I mean, having a solo just means that she’s good at singing, right? No one would agree to her having a solo if she sucks at it.”

“She could have volunteered for it. That or she begged for it.”

“I can’t see Haruna-chan begging. That’s just not her.”

I looked out the window as the thought of Betty pleading for me to say her name suddenly entered my mind. I let out a sigh. Not her huh?

“If she volunteered though, doesn’t that mean that singing is THAT important to her?” Miichan asked. I turned back to her and shrugged.

“Could be. Whatever.”

“Then it’s settled then!” Crazy Psycho exclaimed excitedly as she slammed her hands on the table. With a grin she added, “We’re her friends! We should surprise her and support her by going to her concert!”

“I can’t come then. I have work.” I reminded her, waving my hand nonchalantly as I opened the magazine again. “Just give her my regards then.” I’ve never been so glad that I’ve got work on that day. I mean, I prefer the whole dead people in the bar than listen to a boring Sister Act concert. Seriously.

“You’re right. I’d better call your boss or Yuki then to work on that.” She mumbled, making me to look back at her, my eyes widening slightly. Wh-what?! Calling rich dad’s big boobed sexytary?! This can’t be good.

“If I have to ask my dad to buy that bar where you work just so you could come, I’d do it in a heartbeat.” She said with a grin, her brow moved suggestively. “Because there is no way I’m going to let you miss Haruna-chan’s concert.”

I gave her a deflated look as she enthusiastically took out her phone and started pushing numbers. Great, now she uses her rich kid powers just for Betty’s unimportant needs. Rich Kid Crazy Psycho…ugh.

Great fucking great. Looks like I’m attending the Sister Act concert.

“I hear we’re going to the concert this Sunday.” Snorlax groaned as she stretched her body while she walks beside me, heading back towards the dorm in the middle of the night. I could only let out a groan as a response to her, my mind and body completely worn-out from tending to the dead hornies.

“How’d Miichan get the boss to agree to close the bar this Sunday anyway?” She asks, as she turned her head to me, wearing a slight frown. I would’ve said, ‘because she’s rich ass and probably bribed Biker Santa with money or even bought the damn place,’ but this is Crazy Psycho’s secret so, she better be the one to tell it to the crazies, not me.

“Don’t know. Probably whined her way through it.” I mumbled with a shrug. I guess that has some truth in it. Crazy Psycho is pretty good at whining.

“Cool.” She grinned with a nod. “Guess we can take a breather then, thanks to Miichan.”

“You call that a breather?”

She shrugged at that. “It’s either that or work at the bar…so yeah. I’m going to go with the concert.”

“I prefer to work at the bar than watch that.” I grumbled softly to myself, placing my hands inside my jacket pocket. I let out a deep sigh as Snorlax began yapping about whatever as we walk towards the dorms. I am serious about me being dead tired so unfortunately, I couldn’t tune out her yapping. I just offer a grunt, shrug and glare at whatever pointless things that she throws at me. Seriously, the three crazies seem to be the talkative bunch huh. Why did I have to be stuck with such crazies? I prefer the Betty type of crazies, really. Minus the whole crush thing though because that’s just NO.

Snorlax bid me good night as she stopped in front of her dorm room. I didn’t bother to look at her as I just responded by a nonchalant wave, making my way towards mine. Like every night I come home from work, I carefully walked inside the room, not bothering to open the lights just so I wouldn’t wake my roommate. Yeah, I can be pretty considerate especially when it comes to someone sleeping, so yeah, no surprise there. The surprise did came when I was dragging myself towards my bed and glanced at Betty’s side and found it empty, devoid of life especially the Goody-Goody-Self-Proclaimed-Nun  type. Staring at the empty bed, with only the light coming out of the window, made me wonder where the hell Betty is. I mean, obviously, this hasn’t happened before so…should I be…worried now?

“Meh, I’ll just worry if she doesn’t come back after 3am.” I mumbled as I dropped my bag on the floor and flopped down on my bed, thinking of resting for a bit before I wash up. That rest ended for I don’t know how many minutes as I awoke from the sound of the door opening and closing. I grumbled and shifted my position as I hear the sound of someone coughing softly, walking with careful steps. I hear her clear her throat after a few soft coughs coming out of her. Geez, is she sick or something?

“Betty?” I mumbled as I slowly opened my eyes, noticing the shadow of her long skirt in front of me. I blinked back and tried to adjust my eyes through the dark as I looked up at her.

“Um…I’m not Betty. It’s…It’s Haruna.” She timidly whispered, fixing her glasses as she looks down on me. I don’t know if I was imagining it or what but I think I hear disappointment in her voice. But then again, I’m too tired to tell so…whatever. With a yawn, I sat up from my bed, and looked at her, my eyes squinted as I still feel a bit weary.

“Right. Sorry, I was dreaming about someone named Betty I guess.” I nonchalantly said, scratching the back of my neck. She sighed out an, ‘Oh,’ and again I think I hear disappointment in her voice. Geez, I’m guessing if she knew who Betty is, she’d have a field day over it. Ugh.

“What time is it anyway?” I asked as she made her way towards her desk, turning her lap on. She looked at her wristwatch and replied, “1:30am.”

“Guess I fell asleep for an hour.” I mumbled as I stood up. I then began to stretch, waking my sleepy muscles, ignoring the gaze I felt from my roommate.

“I’m sorry. Did I wake you?” She suddenly asked with a hoarse voice. She cleared her throat as I stopped my stretches and I turned to her, my eyebrow raised.

“What do you think?” 

“I-I’m sorry.” She sighed, eyes downcast to the floor. “I guess I l-lost track of time.”

Despite the fact that she’s always bring out how we should ‘look at the time’ and now she says she lost track of time—fucked up I know—I saw this as an opening. I was somewhat curious to know if she would tell me about her Sister Act concert so I asked, “Doing what?” with my head tilted slightly. Her eyes widen briefly at my question, and then began shifting as she looks at the floor. She looks like she’s trying to come up with a decent answer to my question since, obviously, she can’t use the whole ‘look at the time’ this time and walk away towards wherever. If she did that, then I’m so going to laugh. I can feel my lips tugging up even just by imagining it. Okay, so a part of me wanted to hear that from her just for laughs. I mean, c’mon, it will be pretty funny if she said that.

“Uhm…I was…doing something at the Church with Matsui-san...” She trailed, her hands clasped together in front of her. Looking at her like this, it feels like I’m scolding her for coming home late huh. But despite the maternal-like weird feeling, I decided to continue questioning her.

“And that something is?” I crossed my arms to my chest, waiting for her answer.

She shook her head and let out a sigh. “Just…something,” was her evasive answer.

My lips pursed as I looked at her, slightly disappointed that she didn’t use the ‘look at the time’ excuse and…for her not telling me about the concert as well. But then, it’s her choice if she wants to say it or not. It does make me wonder why she’s not saying it though. I mean, I don’t think the crazies are going to laugh or judge her if she sucks at singing. Despite the fact that I may be a bitch, I won’t laugh or judge her. If she’s passionate about it, why would I laugh, right? So why?

Why won’t she tell us about it?

I shook my head, sighing as I made my way towards my drawer. I pulled out the unopened pack of cough drops I bought a few weeks ago and held it out to Betty, surprising her as she looks at it.

“Your throat must be bothering you from doing that something.” Her widened eyes slowly made its way to mine as I continue, “You should have some and take plenty of rest. Drinking hot tea with lemon should help too.”

She stared at me for a while until I moved the pack that I’m holding, trying to snap her out of her daze. When she did, a slight blush creeps across her cheeks as she hesitantly took the pack of cough drops from my hand, her finger brushes lightly to mine.

“Th-thank you.” She quietly said, clutching the cough drops against her chest. I frowned slightly when I saw that damn look that I have no idea what it means as she looks down to the floor. Rather than pondering about it, I gave her a curt nod and turned to walk towards the bathroom to wash up. I didn’t take a shower because I’m a lazy ass again, so it only took me a few minutes to emerge out of the bathroom, wearing my sleep attire. My eyebrow arched up as I stood by the bathroom door, looking at Betty who’s sitting at her bed, eyes downcast to the floor, her lips began to move, seemingly lolling the cough drop I gave her inside her mouth as she wears a small smile. She looked…happy as she sways her feet slightly, her hands placed on the bed, supporting her weight. Looking at her like this, all happy and giddy, it makes me wonder if her crush on me was my fault.

Is it?

She turned to look at me, finally noticing that I was just standing there and staring at her. It made her stop her movements as she stares back at me. I looked at the side, scratching the back of my neck as I motioned towards the bathroom saying, “Bathroom’s free,” nonchalantly.

I walked towards my bed and sat on it glancing at her as she stood up and made her way towards the bathroom. I let out a sigh as the bathroom door closes. My eyes then made its way towards her bed, seeing the opened cough drops on it. The thought of Betty practicing until midnight which probably aggravates her throat a bit came to my mind. I guess…Miichan was right about how important this whole concert is to Betty then. If it is important to her…then maybe it is worth watching then.

But then again, I hope that for whatever reason it is that she can’t say about the concert, it doesn’t backfire with us surprising her.

“So cool!” Crazy Psycho gushed, looking around the Church as she sits beside me. “I’ve never been to a Catholic Church before.”

“No sh-uh…kidding.” I frowned, correcting myself before I let out a curse word. I better watch what I say here since this is the God’s castle. I don’t want to anger him more since he’s pissed off at me what with him bringing different misfortunes in my life. Yes, I’m talking about the crazies and other fucked up things that have been happening to me. Hmm. I wonder, does cursing internally angers God as well? Meh.

“Hey, hey. Let’s take a picture inside the confessional booth later.” Crazy Psycho suggested as she wiggled her eyebrows, wearing that eat shitting grin of hers.

With narrowed eyes turned at her, I reminded her, “It’s a confessional booth, not a photo booth,” with a monotonous voice. She rolled my eyes at me in reply, grumbling out about me being a party pooper. Right. Like this is some kind of a party. Psh. 

“Live music too huh. Cool.” Snorlax beside me grinned as she looked at the altar wherein a couple of people holding instruments were. The altar wasn’t decorated much. They just added chairs, a bunch fresh flowers here and there and music sheet stands. It’s like your typical mini orchestral concert, which by the way, makes me a sleepy kid. Yeah, orchestral music is really not my type. But then again, I wasn’t really expecting Betty’s concert to be like the rockish type. So, no surprise there I guess.

“Is it just me, or are we the only young people here?” Creepy whispered, half of her body on Snorlax’s lap as she leaned towards us. I looked around and noticed that she was right. But then I noticed a familiar someone that is far from being an elderly a few seats away from us, talking to a man beside her. Is that…the Psychiatric Squirrel? Huh. Okay, so I’m feeling a bit stunned now as I continue to look at her. I mean, did Betty invite her then? Betty would invite her and not…us? Wow. Now that’s surprising. Makes me really wonder now why she didn’t tell us about her Sister Act concert. 

“You think Haruna’s grandfather is here?” Snorlax suddenly asks as she nudges me gently with her elbow, making me to look away from the Squirrel. I sighed and shrugged my reply, not really caring if the eerie grandpa is here. Though, I do hope that he isn’t here since that guy gives me the creeps. He’s a lot creepier than Creepy here. Messsed up, I know.

“Hey, look! It’s Rena-chan!” Crazy Psycho excitedly pointed out, waving the bouquet of flowers that we bought for Betty in the air. When Whitey didn’t see her, she began calling Whitey a bit loudly as she still waves the bouquet, earning us stares from the elderly people who looked irritated. Growling, I pulled her hands down trying to contain her sugar high excitement. I knew I shouldn’t have given her that damn candy earlier.

“Hey, guys. I’m glad you can make it.” Whitey said with a smile as she walked towards us, stopping to stand outside the pew beside Crazy Psycho. She was wearing a white choir robe that has a gold cross in its chest and her face has little make-up on. She looked…good. Looking at her like that, it makes me wonder if Betty is going to change her looks now. I mean, obviously she should since this is a concert and she has a solo, right? Right. So no to Amish looking Betty then.

“Of course we would.” Crazy Psycho beamed. “We’re here to support Haruna-chan.”

“That’s right!” Creepy agreed, her voice going a bit higher than normal as she still leans at Snorlax’s lap. “By the way, Rena-chan, where is the Princess?” Creepy asks, thankfully in her non-megaphone-like voice, as she tilted her head slightly.

Whitey seems to know about Creepy’s abnormal attachment to fairy tales since she replied, “She’s probably practicing somewhere. She is pretty nervous about her solo, but I’m sure once she sees you guys, it’ll put her at ease,” still wearing that gentle smile of hers. Her eyes then glanced at me for a second, and I swear her gentle smile turned into a teasing one, which of course, made me narrow my eyes at whatever hidden message she’s implying behind it. Obviously, that look of hers is connected to Betty and her not-so-secret crush on me. Psh. Betty definitely needs to work on that. The obviousness of her crush is so blatantly obvious that I think even my little sister picked it up immediately as she kept asking me if I’m treating her Princess Onee-chan right. Fucked up I know. Oh, and don’t ask what my mom keeps telling me about Betty since that is also fucked up.

After a whole blahs here and there, Whitey was called by an elderly woman, making her to bid later to the four of us. Crazy Psycho began taking pictures all around her, gushing here and there about everything she sees. That’s pretty normal anyway especially when she’s excited or suffering from sugar high. Snorlax and Creepy are talking about whatever beside me as well. I think they’re gushing about what will Betty look like and all that shit. Yeah, obviously I’m trying to tone everything down as I let out a sigh and slumped on my seat, pulling out my phone and began to do my usual altruistic deed of cutting fruits as we wait for the Sister Act concert to start. I grumbled softly when I received a message, making me to miss the damn fruit. I closed the game and found that it was the Buffoon who just messaged me.

“Enjoy the Alleluia’s, the harps and the Angel’s singing! Tell me all about it later and say my congratulations to Kojima-san!” was his message. I frowned at it knowing that he’s probably laughing at my predicament. Obviously he knows I don’t like these kinds of concert. I actually invited him to come you know, despite the fact that Betty is jealous of him. I guess I still want to push him to date Betty. Yeah, I’m still not giving up on that. But, like the first time I asked him, he kept turning my suggestion down. Such a nice guy huh? Yeah well, he can be an ass too but…yeah, he is a nice guy. He’s the perfect nice guy for someone like Betty.

Honestly, right now, he’s the only guy I can trust her with.

Sighing, I closed my phone and placed it back inside my pocket. I slung my bag on my shoulder and decided to go to the bathroom since the concert doesn’t seem to be starting soon. Plus, sitting in a wooden pew makes my butt hurt and numb so…yeah, going out for a bit seems like a good idea. I could look around for a bit too. So I told the whole deal to the crazies and wasn’t surprised when Crazy Psycho wanted to accompany me, her face glowing with excitement. I swear if she was a dog, I wouldn’t be surprised if her tail is wagging happily as she looks at me. Meh, I really didn’t care if she comes or not, so I just shrugged and let her as I walked towards the exit, not bothering to wait for her. Once outside, I began to stretch, trying to wake the sleepiness that I’m starting to feel while waiting for the concert to start.

“Wow, it looks like it’s going to rain.” Miichan says as she walks towards me, looking up at the darkening sky. “But, I doubt it’ll come down since Haruna-chan and her kind are singing their praises to the big guy.”

“If you say that a little louder, don’t be surprised if they tie you up and burn you in a haystack.” I deadpan as I shook my head, walking around the church, looking for the bathroom.

Miichan caught up to me, shrugging. “If that were to happen, I’m sure you’d come and save me.”

“Sure, whatever.” I replied nonchalantly, waving my hand in a brush off gesture. She looked proud of my answer and well…I’m actually tempted to tell her that I was really planning on adding more hay once the religious people burn her, but, nah, I’ll just let her think whatever she wants. So, we found the bathroom after a few seconds of Crazy Psycho praising me for that ‘sure whatever’ I said. I made my way towards it as Miichan made her way towards the religious shop, gushing on how she’d buy crosses for all of us as a souvenir. It earned her a few glances from the old folks that were near the shop, probably weirded out by what she just said. I stared at the entrance of the shop for a few seconds, wondering if she’ll be alive if I come out of the bathroom. Oh well, I’m sure I’d hear the angry mob if they do decide to burn the Crazy Psycho alive. Plus, she can take care of herself. She can be ingenious in times of need. And I’m sure an angry of religious mob hell bent on frying her is a time of need to use that brain of hers.

Shrugging those thoughts away, I made my way inside the bathroom. I stopped dead after just stepping inside as I see a familiar Saint standing in front of the mirror. She looked stunned and baffled as she looks at me through the mirror.

“Sh-Shinoda-san??” She stammered, her eyes that were devoid of her thick rimmed glasses wide as she turned to me, giving me a full look on her astounding appearance. Her hair was all neat as it was pulled back in a loose ponytail. Her face had little make up on and as my eyes slowly moved down, I felt my lips slightly part as I look at her white dress that ends just above her knees. Yes, that’s right. Betty is wearing a dress, a casual white dress with scooped neckline that accentuates her collar bone and the gold cross necklace that she was always wearing. It has a shoulder cap sleeves and a draped front that fits her figure well. Her whole stunning attire ends with a stylish beige low heel pump that seems to be a perfect match with her dress. I’m at awe…seriously at awe with her complete transformation here. Just…

“Wow.” I unconsciously let out, surprising myself at how breathlessly I said that. That slip up made her blush furiously, staring at the tiles of the bathroom as she clasped her hands together. I was slightly embarrassed by it too, and it wouldn’t be a surprise if she found me blushing slightly because of it. But, hey, me being mesmerized at her transformation is completely a normal thing, you know. It’s Betty for God’s sakes. If you’d seen her horrendous clothing back then and you’d see her right now, it’s just like watching those makeover reality bullshit times two. So yeah, the ‘wow’ is definitely justified.

We were quiet for a while, my eyes locked on her face, noticing her eyes beginning to shift around, nervously. Looking at her, she really looks pretty. That thought made me smile slightly, feeling the awkwardness that I feel subside. I took a step forward, wanting to compliment her transformation when the cubicle door suddenly opened and someone wearing the same choir robe as Whitey was wearing stepped out of it, making us jump, surprised. I cursed myself internally as I turned towards the mirror, my hands on the sink, acting like I don’t know the transformed woman beside me. Why does it seem like whenever I wanted to compliment Betty here, someone would suddenly appear out of nowhere and ruin my good deed? Seriously.

I stepped away from the two as I looked at the mirror and pretended to fix my appearance, glancing at the two as they talk. I couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle as I found Betty doing the same thing, trying to be subtle about it but failing as I notice it. Well at least her friend doesn’t notice so…I guess she’s doing a good job then.

“Kojima-san, I’m going on ahead.” The middle aged woman finally said, smiling at Betty as she placed her hand on her shoulder. “Hurry on okay? The concert is starting soon.”

“H-Hai.” Betty nodded, offering a forced smile to the middle aged woman. With a nod, the woman passed by me without a glance, heading towards the exit. Once she was gone, I let out a breath that I had no idea I was holding in and relaxed. Soon came the awkward silence as I stared at her through the mirror. I watch her as she closes her eyes momentarily, her hand resting on her chest as she let out a deep sigh. She then slowly opened her eyes and turned to me, frowning slightly.

“What…what are you doing here Shinoda-san?” She asks, her voice trembling slightly, probably from nervousness.

I turned to her and shrugged nonchalantly.  “What do you think?”

She sighs at what I said; a look of pain crosses her features as she stares at the floor. Hmmm? I don’t know if I’m imagining things or whatever but…I’m having this…weird feeling that she doesn’t like me being here. Does she?

“I can leave, you know…if you want.” I offered as I scratch the back of my neck, my eyes to the side. If she wants me out of here, I’d gladly go. It’s her concert and if my presence makes her uncomfortable then…I should just leave. I’m not that hard to convince you know. But honestly, if she tells me to leave, it’ll sting. I mean, of course it’ll hurt a bit. I was forced to come here to support a friend, who’s been practicing hard for something that I think she’s passionate about, and then suddenly, that friend will suddenly tell me to leave? If it were you, wouldn’t you be hurt as well? I have a point right? Right. Though, if she did tell me to leave, it would explain why she can’t tell us about the concert.

The answer would’ve been because of me.

“No…I-I’m sorry…I j-just…” She trailed, struggling for the words to say. I wait for her to continue, frowning slightly as she shook her head and let out another sigh. She then turned to me, her eyes full of emotions as she softly said, “I have to go.”

I watch her with confusion as she gathers her things, avoiding my eyes. Without a word, she brushed past me as she heads towards the exit, taking hold of the door, ready to pull it open. Looking at her back, I noticed her hair in a loose ponytail. She looks pretty, sure, but I think she should go without the ponytail. Yeah, yeah, my fashion savvy side is taking over now. Hey, I just want to make her look beautiful you know, for her concert. So yeah, the loose ponytail has to go. Taking a step forward, I pointed out my suggestion as she pulled the door open.

“You should lose the ponytail.” I said making her stop her movements. I smiled slightly even though she can’t see me. “You’d look a lot prettier with your hair down.” Okay, so there, I finally lamely complimented her. Whoopeedoo right? No. Because then, I noticed her hold on the door handle tightened and well…it made me want to retract what I said, especially when she didn’t say anything, walking out, leaving me alone to frown at the closed door. I stared at the door for a while, clenching my jaw tight, my pride slightly damaged by the lack of response from the Saint. I turned towards the mirror to look at myself, noticing the hard look across my features. A moment later, a sigh escapes my lips, softening the hard look I had as thoughts about leaving the concert soon enters my mind.

Maybe…it is best if I just leave then.

For Betty’s sake, right?

“Mariko. Stop trying to sleep.” Miichan hissed as she nudges me with her shoulder. I crack open my one eye and glanced at her, not surprised to find her glaring at me.

With a sigh, I sat up from my slouched position, shaking my head as I grumbled softly, “I wasn’t trying to sleep. I was already there.”

“Stop being rude and support your friend.” She hissed back, pinching me softly in the arm. I would’ve hit her but decided against it as I looked back at the altar wherein Betty’s kind is currently singing their praises. Yes, obviously, I stayed and I’m internally beating myself up for not escaping when I had the chance. What made me stay, when earlier I had decided to hightail the Sister Act concert for Betty’s sake? I’ll give you a clue. It’s because of the Crazy Psycho beside me. The moment I stepped out of the bathroom, fresh from repairing my butt hurt pride from Betty’s lack of response, Crazy Psycho surprisingly latched her arm on mine and started dragging me inside the church, telling me that the concert is starting. I honestly didn’t see her and that’s the start of me beating myself up. It’s just so fucked up that I didn’t see the Crazed Psycho heading towards me. Seriously fucked up. And no, I didn’t tell her about my Betty encounter earlier at the bathroom. Why should I? It seemed irrelevant really.

“I’m getting sleepy myself.” Snorlax whispered beside me, her eyes looking like it’ll close any second now. No surprise there really since she is Snorlax and all. I wonder if Creepy is sleepy too. Leaning forward, I looked at Creepy and found her head nodding off, eyes closed and lips parted slightly. I narrowed my eyes and gave Snorlax a look. Upon seeing that, she sighed and nudged Creepy who instantly woke up, jumping slightly from her seat. She then began clapping her hands loudly at the choir who was in the middle of singing. I facepalmed myself as Snorlax quickly made her stop as it earned us displeasing stares from the elderly audience. We are so going to get burned in a haystack later on for being this messed up.

The three of us tried our best to keep our eyes open as we watch the choir sing Kumbaya. Okay so no, they weren’t singing Kumbaya, but you get the point. Where’s Betty you ask? Actually, she hasn’t appeared yet. Three songs and no signs of Betty. Did she hightail her own concert then, you ask? It would be quite disturbing if she did. But, I don’t think so. At least, I hope she didn’t. Anyway, another song ended and I began to inspect my nails, wondering if I should go to the nail salon, when Crazy Psycho nudged me again. The hell? She’s like a teacher wanting her students to pay attention. Since when did Crazy Psycho create such an annoying side again? Growling, I turned to look at her and she motioned towards the altar, using her lips. With my eyebrow raised, I turned towards and found a priest-like-man standing in front, a microphone near his lips as he smiled gently at us. He began to preach about love and how God continuous to love us despite the things we hide and all that blahs and whatever as I slouched down at my seat and looked at my lap. I couldn’t help but narrow my eyes thinking that God has a funny way of showing that he loves me. I mean, c’mon, surely you agree what with—

“Hey, look.” Crazy Psycho suddenly cut off my train of thoughts as she held my arm, shaking it slightly. “It’s Haruna-chan.” She exclaimed softly, beaming as she looked at the altar. I sat up and looked, seeing a man carrying a guitar and a chair made its way in the middle of the altar with Betty carrying a mic stand behind him. The two positioned themselves behind the preaching priest, getting ready for another song.

“Wow. Haruna looks…” Snorlax trailed.

“…like a real Princess.” And Creepy finishes. I just kept my stare at Betty, my lips tugging slightly as I saw that her hair wasn’t in a ponytail anymore. Well, at least, my pride seemed happy that she went with my suggestion earlier. She looks so tensed though, as she closes her eyes and took a deep breath, holding the mic in the mic stand.

“…we need to be true to ourselves and to God, to fully understand what love is.” The priest said in front of the two, smiling gently at the audience. He then turned behind him and motioned towards the two. “Now let us make a promise, to our Lord God, to patiently wait for that person that he will lead to us, with a pure and honest heart.” He finished nodding at the guitarist who began to play the instrument. The priest walked away then, leaving the two to shine at the spotlight as they dim the lights. I kept my eyes locked at Betty, anticipating her singing as she slowly opens her eyes and instantly met mine. I swallowed the knot I felt in my throat as she looked at me with those eyes full of emotion. The most apparent emotion in her eyes as she looks at me? Fear.

Her eyes were so focused in mine that it looked like she missed her cue, making the guitarist to repeat the intro again and again. Murmurs began to escalate making me to frown slightly, keeping my eyes on her. After another round of the intro, she finally sings. Her soft voice, trembling, unsure, as the lyrics seems to hit her.

“Lord, you know my heart…
And…a-all my desires…
And the secret things…I'll never tell
Lord…you know them well.”

She’s singing out of tune, making the guitarist panicky as he tries to level the music with her singing. I watch, perplexed as her eyes began to well up with tears, still keeping her eyes on me.

“Though I may be…young
I see and understand
Th-that at times like…sheep we go astray
And things get out of hand”

Her trembling worsened as she continues. Her hand slowly made its way to her chest. It was too much for her. And it was so clear to me that it was hurting her to sing this while I’m here.

“So I promise to…be true to you
To l-live my life in purity
As unto You…
Waiting for the day
When I hear You say
Here…is the one…I have created
J-just…for…you.”

She choked out as tears began to fall from her eyes. Miichan’s hand, that was still on my arm, tightened and I knew it was hurting her too seeing Betty like this. As the music continues to play, she shook her head, unable to continue. We heard a soft, shaky, “Sorry…I can’t…” through the mic as she looked momentarily at the confused guitarist. Whispers began to fill the church as Betty walks out of the altar, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“Mariko!” Miichan exclaimed, alerting me. I responded without thinking as I stood up and began to follow the distressed Betty out of the church.

“Wait!” I yelled out as I began to jog towards her, ignoring how my voice echoed inside the Church. She obviously didn’t want a companion as she began to run towards the exit. Cursing softly, I began to speed up as well, hissing as I felt pain in my feet what with me wearing a Suede Mules that really isn’t cut out for running. I stopped dead at the entrance of the Church as she ran further and further away, ignoring how it’s starting to rain hard.

“You have got to be kidding me!” I hissed out as I looked at the night sky, frustrated at the obviously dramatic effect that God seems to torture me with. Seriously God? Seriously? And how the hell can she run so—okay so scratch that since I can see her shoes a couple of feet away. Seriously?!

“Mariko! Over there!” Miichan suddenly pointed out towards where Betty went as she, Snorlax and Creepy ran towards me. Cursing out my frustration, I removed my shoes and began to run through the rain, determined to fucking follow Betty, ignoring the fact that I will be completely soaked. Meh, at least I’m wearing jeans rather than a dress since running in a dress is so overly dramatic for me. Kinda like what Betty is doing.

“Haruna! STOP GODAMMIT!” I yelled out as I saw her retreating form in front of me. I gritted my teeth, bearing the pain as I felt like I stepped into a stone or a glass, my clothes started to stick on my body as the rain soaks me, making it a bit heavier to run. But despite all that, I didn’t stop. Nothing would make me stop now.

Nothing.

I finally had a chance to stop her from running as I neared her. Waiting for the right timing, I grabbed her arm and pulled her to stop. She kept her back to me, her head bowed down. I gripped my hold on her arm, as I try to regulate my breathing from all that running.

“The…hell, Haruna? Wh-wha…?” I let out, still breathing hard. “What’s…what’s wrong?!” I asked, slightly shaking her. I watch her for a while, her shoulders moving up and down as she too was breathing hard. I kept my hold on her arm, as I wait for her to answer. When she did respond, I felt my breathing momentarily stop as she softly pleaded, “Please stop. I can’t…I can’t take it anymore.”

“What?”

“I…I can’t make a promise to Him. H-How can I when I…” She choked out with a sob. I stared at her flabbergasted as she turned to face me. Despite how wet she is, I could still tell that she's crying. She looked at me with pain filled eyes, her lips trembling as she admits, “I…I’m falling for…a girl…and it isn’t right. But…I can’t help it…and it scares me…so much…”

She continues to wail, how wrong it is and such, her head bowed and I… just stared at her, shell shocked and confused, unable to do anything but just…watch as she beats herself up with her words. I don’t know what I should say to her.

What should I…?

She started trembling; her knees buckled as the emotions flooding out of her makes her weak. I quickly pulled her to me, hesitantly wrapping my arms on her waist before she falls down, trying to keep her up her feet. I gritted my teeth at my inability to do anything but hold her as she continues to sob out against my neck. The coldness that I felt from the rain was replaced by the feel of her wet clothes against mine. I felt her body tremble, not knowing if it's because of the cold rain that continues to pour at us or because of her overwhelming emotions. Despite not knowing, I tightened my hold on her as I looked up at the raining night sky, not knowing what else to do or to say.

God…what should I…do…?

My eyes widen when a huge umbrella suddenly loomed over us, protecting us from the rain. I turned to look at the source and found Miichan holding it, a sad look across her face as she looks at the sobbing person in my arms. She glanced at me and offered me a sympathetic smile.

“90?” I croaked, gulping down the knot I felt as I gave her a slight smile. She shook her head, making my smile falter as she says, “Make it a hundred.”

TBC 

Next up: Mariko talks to Fang and probably to the Squirrel about her Betty problems. Then tries to make Betty feel better. Definitely a continuation of this chap.  :) Oh yeah, that song is I Promise by Jaci Velasquez. That song had been stuck in my head for months since I've written this fic and really had planned that for this chap. You should listen to it. It's good and quite fitting, really.  :lol: Till next week! Sorry again for the lateness.  :nervous

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:19:27 AM by FoF »

Offline lovemariharu

• Member+
  • SNH48 Savoki赵嘉敏 推し
OMG OMG OMG..

Well, the part that Haruna failed to prove how cool her voice was.. quite shocked me.. But..
That doesn't really matter.. She's just too serious and emotional..

Mariko who couldn't do anything but just letting Haruna cried.. OMG OMG..
That's just so Mariko O: O:
Well, not really actually.. XD XD

Mariko would try to cheer Haruna up if Haruna is crying.. :D :D

OMG OMG.. Waitingggggggg..

Um.. Actually, I wanna leave a comment before this..
But fortunately seems that some people had already left their comment, telling you what we wanna say..
Hahaha.. We have waited for this chapter for a really long time.. Just a really long time that we kept on checking this forum! :D :D
It's all for Betty.. wahhahaha..

Now.. Going to wait again~ :D :D
Please update soon! :D :D

Wanna see the serious Mariko trying to cheer Haruna up~ :heart:

Offline masokun

• Mariko | Airin | Nana |-oshi
  • Member+
  • reborn creature via ctrl+alt+del
Yes, Whitey is one of my fave  :D

From this chapter, surely.. the crush is going up both from Mariko and Haruna  :wub:

This chapter, if I can say, so dramatic..
It started with Mariko's struglle and ended in Haruna's struggle..nice.. :love:
I can imagining Haruna with that ponytail and simple dress, she must be wonderful..

I really like how it is going, really a nice plot..

You left one question here, FoF-san.. how the squirrel can attend the concert?, please give an answer in the next chap  :D

so far so good..
If only I'm not imagining the bathroom scene is in a church area, I might be expecting more hot stuff from that scene  :lol:

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
This...this...omg...this was so beautiful. *Sniff* :')

My tears fell, I'm telling you...How can there be such an amazing fanfic piece in the world? *Wipes the tears of joy* I wanted to reply earlier, but then I just had to reread the chapter while listening to 'I Promise' for a second round and god damn did that song make it overly dramatic for me...*Cries* I loved it, no...I love it, I love it, I love it! 100% too *Grabs a box of tissues* I've never had so much 'feel' for a story in my life, this officially struck it for me right in the heart. My heart was all 'Doki Doki Doki' from the very beginning where I've taken notice in the subtle changes to Mariko's attitude/behavior like with her caring, smiling, wanting to protect, worrying, interacting, acknowledging, complimenting, acting on impulse, and unconsciously wishing she could do more in relations to Haruna, until the very end where they held on to each other under Miichan's umbrella.

I don't even know how to explain what I'm feeling...Is this how Nirvana feels like? Are you Fof-sama some kind of heavenly messenger sent to jphip in order to spread these euphoric feelings throughout the land of the dropping pants? ...Because, I'm at a loss. So, surprised how such a thing like your work can have such a magical impact like this on me. I think I just developed some kind of weird attachment for you...It's due to the overpowering respect I have. Maybe I'm even a little bit jealous you talk to flameeyes all the time? Hmm, I have this odd thing about me that somehow when there's something beautiful for example this work piece ...I can't help, but be amazed by the thought that the creator must be so beautiful themselves be it in the mind, heart, or soul... I've mentioned you having a unique messed up mind, but I'm sorry I didn't say it before...You're such a beauty too Author-sama.

I think you should be reminded of how much I love this fic already right? ...Since I'm rambling on again like how I usually do right after reading. I almost feel bad really...my fics feel so evil compared to how yours turn out so pure despite the curse words and it's just so light on my heart. Godly fic, I'm telling you...Gahh~ Beautiful just so beautiful that I have to repeat myself! I'm glad you were screaming at temodemo and smiling because a happy author is one who will want to update. I'm also really glad to hear that you agree on the smutfest, a perverted Mariko would add just about the right amount of spice to make this pass even the most epic of all epic work pieces.

I was upset though. Well, not really upset...just I was expecting and have been expecting an update since around last monday night haha. There was even a period where my internet connection died and I almost lost my mind worrying that you might update. Like everyone else too, I was soooo tempted to double post and tell you to update cause I was slowly losing it. Thank kami-sama right before the worst I saw your update! Your updates are better than getting or making money you know?! I understand you take a while to write that's why it's so good though, so I will wait again patiently until you decide to grace us with another wonderful chapter.

There you go I went 'blah blah blah' again. Update soon! I totally love you for this chap!

Omg...arghhmy MariHaru heart hahahaha 
 :down

:wigglypanda:

Edit: Oh yeah I almost forgot...Ahaha I always wondered why Haruna would like another girl when she was so religious and gahh~ This chapter I'm in love! :heart:

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
Emotional thing!

:gyaaah: :fainted: :gyaaah:

Huhuhuhuhu!!!

:mon runcry:

really so much emotion flooding on me . . . .
argh!!happy :w00t: ?sad :cry: ?....
really! I don't know anymore but one thing I will sure says . . . .

You're the best Nee-chan . . . . :thumbsup

:cry: huhuhuhuhu :cry:

I hate TBC but well it is better than END right? so I'm getting used to it . . . . . :yep:

:lol: ||talaga˙˙˙˙uıʇıqɐʞɐʞ ɐu◄|| :lol:

and I like the song by the ways  :thumbsup

and this is the cat in a fruit hat

so that's all . . . :peace: :lol: :peace:

◄Flameeyes is DEAD!!!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:54:43 PM by flameeyes »

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nine Muses - A Few Good Man