JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Sakana

Author Topic: [MariHaru] Basket Case - Under Construction (HPOV Chap3 Posted) 7/20  (Read 129091 times)

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 22: Liar Liar Seashore's on Fire!)
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
FINALLY!!! OMG! You have no idea how much I love you right now! You also got me worried there; you disappeared for many weeks that I thought you died or something :lol: Jokes :P XD. But no really, I missed you and this fic so much. XD

Well this was really worth for waiting; laughed in most of the scenes here. :lol: :lol:

Dang! Mariko is seriously losing it. Being teased by Sayaka and not to mention by Miichan as well; got caught daydreaming about Haruna. :smhid :lol:
And :lol: Haruna still can't get the message despite the numerous hints given by her girlfriend; such a sheltered child. What really happened after that scene there? Something really happened after that(Mariko and Haruna KISSED???!!!)  :cry: I want to know about it right now!!! :cry:

Good job...uh no, great job...no, AWESOME JOB!!! That's it. :twothumbs :twothumbs :lol:

Please update real soon; will be waiting from now on...again. :lol:
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline masokun

• Mariko | Airin | Nana |-oshi
  • Member+
  • reborn creature via ctrl+alt+del
« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
owmphhhh

I..er..That...umm...
I dunno what to say this in human language..ppfftt

But so glad to be back here..catch chapters  I've missing  :D

About chap 22:

I'm laughing hard in that hairy postman..you always know how to bring out simple funny thing like that FoF-san..  :thumbup

Mariko daydreaming part is too sweet to be true..
ouch my imagination..

:lol:

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
YESSSS!! UPDATE :)
It's been sooo long since u last updated
I was so excited to read the chapter and...
As expected another brilliant chapter
Mariko's talk with Haruna was funny...
Talking abt "it" but can't really refer to "it" :lol:
And wait... They KISSED!?

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
just thinking mariharu kissu make me 
:wriggly: :wriggly: :wriggly:
I WANT MORE!
i cant wait to read ur next update
:on gay: :on gay: :on gay:

Offline BookSniffer

« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »
Your story is so good  :inlove:
Mariko and haruna are often seen holding hands in shows, so the scene in your story is very imaginable  :drool:
This might me out of topic but, i wonder why they often hold hands and link arms? (IRL)
I mean do they do it unconciously? Which is so...   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Hope you update soon  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:18:32 AM by BookSniffer »

Offline noah minami

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina ! kojiyuu ! kaixacchan! mariharu!
    • NoahLee08
    • noahminami
« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2013, 10:16:12 PM »
fof san  I really love your story.... :) :cow:
i waiting for an update... :( :cry: :panic: :bow:
your story is the only mariharu fic that almost more than 20 chapter... :thumbup :peace:
actually i wanna read more about maiharu but they are not really fic about them,,, :huhuh
kinda said but i not really too wrote than read,hehe :lol: :roll:

Offline LukeMatsuda

« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »
Please continue!!!!!  :bow: :bow:

Offline michiyo48

• Member+
  • I give thanks to all great writers! <3
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
Yes there's a new update! Actually I just opened jphip after many weeks because I was so busy of school. I directly went to AKB48 fanfics just to see an update of this fic and fortunately it has been updated :)

Oh this chapter is just so sweet as always! I love it so much.. I love it when they cant stop holding hands <3 and Mariko is giving much attention to Haruna.. I want to have a boyfriend like Mariko lol XD once again they are so sweet.. And Haruna is so cute! :3
I giggled when Mariko told haruna about six in Deutch haha

Fof-san thanks for the update of this chapter.. I'm always waiting for your update of the next chapters! ^_^ Please do your best in making this fic and everything! I'll always here to support you in everything! ;)
Kanon is so cute, but she's only mine! 0.o I mean my sister! ;)
I love SaeYuki, AtsuMina, JuriMayu, and MariHaru :P

You can read my first and only fanfic: What's Wrong With Love? (JuriMayu) - http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=38049.msg1294928#msg1294928

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
Just realized I forgot to comment here  :banghead:
Well, I love every bits and words from this chapter. And all the other chapters  :P It's funny and cute how both of them are acting more bold now. Basically I will not-so-patiently wait for the next chapter  :cry: I re-read your fic before sleep, you know  XD

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Still writing. Will update soon! ^^)
« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2013, 11:59:04 AM »
You know, I momentarily forgot how to post here. I was like; 'What do I press again?'  :lol: I had a laugh on that one.  :lol:

I'm back! For a little while only. :nervous I'm not really supposed to update this now since after 34 pages and I'm still not done... :smhid but I decided to just cut it and post it for my sanity's sake. :nervous So Sorry about that. :nervous I don't want my head to explode. :nervous Also, I do have this weird tendency wherein if I am near the ending I'd get slower and slower. Coupled with work and yeah, it explains the months long of waiting.  :nervous Again with the sorry.  :nervous

To those people who read the draft though at my FB, sorry, but I changed the ending.  :nervous I think it's more fitting if it's in the next chapter.  :lol: Oh and if anyone asks: NO KISS HERE! SERIOUSLY!  :nervous :nervous

I would do the time traveling to reply to the comments, but I got confused on my own set of replies that I did for those a couple of months back. It's a bit messy, so maybe I'd do the time travel reply on some other time.  :nervous I'm sorry I can't reply to the commenters of chapter 21 and Haruna's POV draft chapter. Please forgive me and I do offer my wholehearted thanks to everyone. Commenters,thank you pressers and silent readers, much thanks for the support. :bow: :bow: :bow:

As for commenters of the previous chapter:

@yanouchi: It has been awhile. I'm glad you like that one. XD And I seriously don't know what move you're talking about right now. :nervous I think I needs me to read that. :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@Yuki88: I loled at the capitalized spazzing letters. :lol: Wha Fang was talking about will be tackled here. Though I seriously don't know if it made any sense. :nervous Just know that she's beginning to be a messed up as well. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@theblueknight: Don't worry, I surprised myself as well when I updated that. I was like, 'wow I updated, what am I on?' :lol: I'm glad you're enjoying the sweets of that chapter. More sweets, more happy people, I always say. :lol: And honestly for me, it's great that Haruna of BC is lying even though it's not much. Goes to show that she's changing as well. :) Though yeah, lying is bad. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@cherrylime: Why thank you my dear. The spamming and the evil laugh at the end is appreciated. :lol: But seriously, I don't have to say to you since we can talk to each other personally. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! And goodluck with your lovelife  :thumbup

@heomagic: Now this is where I'd feel bad. :nervous Here's another 15,836 words for you to...uh...cherish. :nervous I will try and shorten the chapters now after this. :nervous Despite that, thank you for liking that chapter. :) And yeah, FB friends. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@AoiShiori: I'm glad to be making days. Uh...that didn't sound right. :nervous Studying and reasearch papers huh. I say good luck with that do your best to pass with flying colors. :) And breaks are neccessary every once in a while. ;) Thanks for reading and commenting! Update soon with Cessy10! XD

@RJay: Awwww. You missed me. Cyberhug! :lol: Don't mind me, coffee high right now. :lol: Yeah, Mariko does seem to be losing it and will continue to lose it until there's no more losing to her...thing. Not making any sense right now. :nervous Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@masokun: masokun-san, been a while! XD That hairy postman? :lol: That was so random. I don't know what I was thinking at that time. I guess it worked since it made you laugh. Yey! XD Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@KojiYuu44: It has been a while since I updated. Life is really against me most times. :nervous I'm glad you liked that chapter! XD The couple's talk does seem funny when I read about it. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@Chichay12: Well...there's no kissu here yet but I did add more cheese so...:nervous Sorry Chichay12. :nervous But I do promise to make it worth your while until the kissu. :) Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting. XD

@BookSniffer: Thank you for liking this story then. :) Yeah, those two are always attached to the hip when Mariko was still in akb so it does make the hand holding in this story imaginable. Well, if you ask me, I'd say that it's because they're comfortable with each other and that they're clingy towards each other. Mariko does seem to be the one who clings to Haruna often. :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@noah minami: I'm glad you liked this story. :) And yeah, it does seem like this is the only MariHaru fic that has over 20 chapters. At least that's what I think. I'm not really sure if it really is though. :nervous But who know, other mariharu fics just might surpass the chapters written in BC. Here's me giving pleading looks to the other mariharu writers. :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@LukeMatsuda:
I will continue LukeMatsuda!!!!! XD I will!!!!! XD Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@michiyo48: I want a boyfriend like Mariko as well. XD She's really a big softy inside. XD Oh, and goodluck on your studies as well. Work hard and study hard! You can party not so hard if you need rest. :lol: You can probably party hard when you pass in flying colors. :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting! XD

@bimbo: It's okay. I'm pretty forgetful myself. :lol: I'm glad you like that chapter. And yeah, they do seem bolder now than before. Only a few more and they'll reach another level of boldness. :lol: Aww. I'm sorry. As much as I want to keep updating because I'm seriously itching to finish this, I can't. :nervous And you know, I actually tried reading this before I sleep as well. I only lasted a few minutes. :lol: Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting! XD

To the silent readers and thank you pressers, I thank you as well.  :bow: :bow: :bow:

So I owe 2 replies and one for those guys who gave me those letters. I actually tried to reply to the latter but it was a bit hard since most of them are such nice words or praises.  :nervous But since you guys were so nice, yeah I'll still reply to those.  XD

Anyway...

This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me. :)

Note: italicize letters are flashbacks.  :)
Thanks and ENJOY!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 23: Karma’s a BEACH! (Part 1)

I wonder, do you believe in karma?

Do I mean the one that originated in ancient India wherein the concept of "action" or "deed" understood as that which causes the entire cycle of—wait what?! No! Or yes. I don’t know if you’re right there, but I do know that I don’t want to hear your lecture. I’m simply asking about karma wherein the saying, ‘what comes around, goes around’ comes to mind. Let’s not get deeper into the meaning of karma, okay? Shallow waters please.

Anyway, do you? Do you believe that if one person mistreats others they will get a taste of their own bitter medicine in the future? That if you do good, someday it will get back to you as well.

It somehow makes me think of a kid waiting for Biker Santa to come down his chimney at Christmas. If you think about it, it’s sort of like that, right? Parents says to the kid that Biker Santa won’t get what toy he wants if he continues being naughty. Kid wants the toy bad so he behaves and tahdah sound effect, Biker Santa comes rolling down the street instead of the chimney and hands out the toy to the kid. Messed up metaphor, but meh it works. So yeah, do good deeds, get good rewards. Do bad things, receive bitter medicine.

So do I believe in karma, you ask?

Honestly, I’ve always thought that that was just a way for you to control your actions more. Keep it at bay. I mean, if you believe that if you constantly do good things and that it’ll come back to you tenfold, chances are, you’d keep doing good things. If you think about it, karma makes you act responsibly. It makes you rethink your actions. It controls you. But then again, it really depends on what a person believes in. And…that doesn’t really answers your question huh.

Well anyway, thinking about it, given how I am with other people—how much of a bitch I am—what happened to me, what’s been happening to me and how much of a mess I am…

...I’m inclined to believe it, right?

---

“Took you long enough!” Crazy Psycho growled as she shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her arms crossed over her chest from across the street. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at her stare as me and Fang walked towards them.

We stopped and stood just a few feet away from them as they continue to give us a look of curiosity. Well at least Snorlax and Whitey were looking at us like that. The Psycho? Well, she’s got her eyes narrowed to slits as she looks at me then at Fang who seems to be trying not to grin but failing miserably. Fang’s lips were twitching a bit you know. And yeah, failure.

Geez Fang. Keep it together will you.

Keeping her look of skepticism, Miichan asks in a low voice, “What’s going on here?” as she turned her narrowed eyes back to me.

I let out a sigh and was about to tell her the truth—which is really me denying that something is going on—when the person beside me grabbed my arm and took a step forward, saying, “Sorry, but unfortunately, you’re not part of this.” in her signature bitchy tone.

Miichan looked at the Fang’s hand for a second then looked back at me, her eyebrow raised. “And THIS is…?”

“—between me and Mariko.” Fang retorted, wearing a crooked smile. “Gachapin look alike are definitely forbidden. Sorry.”

Okay, the surprised look I’m giving Fang is definitely justified here. I mean, she just called me by my name. She freaking knows my name! How surprising is that?! But looking back at Crazy Psycho and even Snorlax and Whitey, it seems like I’m not the only one who’s surprised. Okay again, where the hell am I? Feels like I’m in an alternative universe or something.

“Ma-Mariko?!” Snorlax says, giving us an incredulous look as she shifts her eyes between me and Fang. 

Fang removed her hold on my arm and crossed her arms over her chest. “Yes. That is her name, right?” Fang scoffed, her head slightly tilted as she looked boringly at the bewildered Psycho. That’s short lived though cause only after a few seconds of silence as the trio still looked a bit stunned, Fang turned to me and asked in a low, unsure voice, “That is your name, right?”

Oh yeah, that is definitely facepalm worthy. Don’t worry, I did facepalm myself when she asked that. Though honestly, hearing her say that somehow made me feel that maybe I wasn’t in an alternative universe after all wherein me and Fang are apathetic buddies. Hmm. Wonder how that would turn out. We’d probably be like sheep mode going all ‘meh, meh whatever’ all the time.

“So what? Just because you two spent a few minutes together walking, you two are suddenly all bestfriends now? Is that it?!” Psycho snarled, glaring at Fang.

Fang took a step forward, giving Psycho a snooty smile. “That’s right. Majiro and I have a special bond since she just shared something to me that I’M SURE she hadn’t shared to anyone of you yet. We’re practically best of friends now.” She says before she wrapped her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her, our sides touching. Majiro huh.

….Meh, close enough.

I couldn’t help but cringe as I felt her skin against mine. Unsurprisingly I felt her cringe as well. Obviously we’re not the touchy feely type with each other and she’s just trying to keep the act that we are just to spite her frenemy. And with the way Miichan is giving her a murderous glare, add the fact that her face seems flushed? Yeah, it’s apparently working. But then after a few seconds of chanting her murderous intent inside her whacked up mind for Fang, she now aims that glare towards me. Huh.

“You’d rather share with HER than with ME?!” She whined, waving her arms exasperatedly, completely weirding me out again what with her inappropriate jealousy vibe. This is actually a normal occurrence as whenever I get ‘friendly’ with someone, she tends to turn all green Gachapin on me. And by ‘friendly’ I mean dazing off in a conversation with someone because apparently you’re still hung up on what happened three days ago. Kinda like what I did earlier with Fang. Yeah, we’re all best of friends now. And yes, that is sarcastic.

Fang tightened her hold on me causing me to narrow my eyes. “Obviously, I’m far more suitable to be best friends with her than with you.” She says, mockingly. “Tough luck, Gachapin.”

“You really should stop putting words in my mouth.” I mumbled softly as I nudge her a little with my shoulder, silently telling her to let go and back the fuck off. She knows the meaning behind that little nudge I gave, but despite that she just tightened her hold on me as she kept her bitchy smile aimed at the seething Crazy Psycho.

I glanced at Snorlax and Whitey, noticing that they seemed pretty amused, silently watching the two battling it on with their…uh stares. Can’t blame them really. I mean, one was staring with pure anger, gritting her teeth as she does so. The other? She’s all just smug. You know, sometimes I wonder how these two survive being roommates. I mean, do they bicker every single time? At times like this, the statement ‘You two should get a room already’ is definitely appropriate. I mean, I’d say that to them but they are already roommates so that’s out of the suggestion box now. And no, I didn’t mean that in the perverted kind of way that that statement usually carries. I’m thinking more like a room full of weapons so they could just end it all. A bloodbath of the sort. That’ll make it easier for all of us…

“Yeah well…I DON’T CARE IF YOU TWO ARE BEST OF FRIENDS NOW! SCROOGE YOU BOTH!!

…especially when Psycho not only said that in bold and capitalized letters, but also said that in a drizzle of saliva in your face kind of way. Yeah, some of it went inside my left eye causing me to momentarily close it. The rest? Let’s just say I want to wash my face now. Seriously.

Grumbling about the little rain Psycho caused, the latter who’s acting like a child once again let out a huff, stomped her feet on the ground then looped her arms to the amused two and began dragging them again to walk, leaving me and Fang to wipe off her unwanted residue. Ugh.

“Well she literally put something in MY mouth. God! Gross much?” Fang groaned her disgust and began making spitting noise beside me. Yeah, I’m too busy rubbing my eye to look. “She had been tested right? I mean, she doesn’t have some Gachapin virus right?” She asked still in disgust as she rubs her lips.

“I’ll be sure to tell you if you start to turn green and your eyes began to swell then.” I grumbled dryly as I moved away from her. Not bothering to wait for her, I began walking away, following the trio a few feet away from us. Of course I distanced myself from the trio since I have a feeling Fang is still going to pester me about Haruna. Ugh.

“So? You were sharing?” She suddenly asked as she walked briskly to catch up to me. See? I’m right. How typical. Great.

“Last I checked, walking away and ignoring you doesn’t constitute as ‘sharing.’” I tell her without looking.

“Revised to ‘you were about to share’ then.”

“Revised again to: ‘No way in hell. Keep dreaming and leave me alone.’” I threw back with a frown on my face.

I see her roll her eyes through the corner of my eye. “Oh c’mon. I told you about what happened to Takamina. The least you could do is share some of yours like that awkward first kiss that you and Holiness had after what seemed like an eternity.”

I clenched my jaw tight, cursing myself as I hope to God she didn’t see me—

“Oh and don’t think I didn’t notice the whole flinching thing you just did whenever I say the word ‘kiss.’”

—yeah. Scratch that. She noticed. Damn it!

“Did it again.” She pointed out.

“Shut up!” I growled, feeling my face heat up. Now I’m blushing. Great. Way to go Mariko. Add more fuel to the fire why don’t you. Ugh.

“Lame come back.” Fang retorted and I’m pretty sure she rolled her eyes on that one as well. Glancing at her, I see her shaking her head as she let out a tsk sound before saying, “That kiss must’ve been really something for you to be acting this way. I mean, you’re acting WAY stupider than usual. I can’t help but feel a bit proud of Holiness here.”

“Thank you suitable new best friend of mine. The support is just REALLY something.” I wryly said as I rolled my eyes. I couldn’t help but repeat my eye rolling act as she seems to be ignoring me. Obviously, she doesn’t know the meaning of ‘shut up’ right now. Ugh.

“I wasn’t really expecting you two to like, kiss or do anything normal couples do. I mean, that’s just not you two. I’ve actually pictured Holiness persuading you to join the convent with her to be like, a virgin together forever, praying and singing alleluia till your 7pm curfew do you two part.”

Okay, giving her a look now because that is just…fucked. I mean, WHAT?!

The weirded out look I’m giving her is replaced by confusion though as she let out a sigh, her hand tightening her hold on the strap of her bag. “And…I know I said I wasn’t jealous before of what the two of you have, but now, seeing Holiness so happy wearing that stupid lovesick smile she always have, I can’t help but be jealous.” A small sad smile graced her lips, her eyes had that faraway look in them as she looks ahead.

“I mean, that’s what I want with Takamina. To be able to smile so stupidly and goofily. Being a sentimental fool that just dazes off every now and then by just thinking of us spending time together after class as a couple. I’ve always thought that…I could have that with Takamina too, regardless of our situation. But now that she’s ignoring me…I don’t know anymore.”

“So she’s ignoring you.” I simply said as I nodded my head, averting my gaze to look ahead. Guess that solves the mystery of the day. Now if I had known about that earlier maybe I would’ve saved myself from the stupidity that led Fang to constantly throw annoying questions at me. I know, sucky stupid me. Ugh.

“Yes! Didn’t I tell you that awhile—oh.” And now she realizes what had happened. I seriously don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

“You did the whole lovesick fool dazing off as well on me huh.” She pointed out flatly. Okay, it’s a bad annoying thing then.

“So I was talking to myself for like 5 minutes and you were just dazing off, smiling stupidly throughout my tale thinking of Holiness the whole time.” And again she pointed out in an accusing tone.

I nodded my head. “Pretty much, minus the whole smiling stupidly though. I don’t do that.” Or at least I think so. No need to add that one though. “And I think I know the gist of the Midget’s tale so I don’t really need to hear it again.” I added indifferently.

“If that’s the case, since you seemingly know our story without even listening to it…” I see through the corner of my eye how she turns her head to look at me and crossed her arms over her chest. “…a little advice on what I should do next would be greatly helpful, oh wise-lovesick-skinny-one.” And she deadpanned, causing me to turn to her and raise my eyebrow as I point at myself.

“Yeah well this wise-lovesick-skinny-one isn’t going to do so for the obvious meaning of the word NO.” I said mockingly before I decided to pick up the pace once again and just leave her. And by leave her I mean just briskly walking for only three steps before she stopped me by holding on the strap of my bag and pulling me back.

“You really should reconsider oh wise-lovesick-skinny-one since this is ACTUALLY your fault!” She growled as she pulled me to stand next to her.

I staggered a little before I found my footing and turned to her, my eyebrow raised as I looked at her incredulously. “My fault? When the hell did I become one of the messed up characters of the Midget’s tale?”

“You’re actually the skinny assed seer that advised the heroine that she should just blurt out her feelings to the one she loves just so they can have a perfect ending.” She tells me with a growl as she takes a few step to invade my personal space. “And apparently—if you haven’t heard the whole tale earlier because you were busy droolingly thinking of your goody two shoes girlfriend—you’d hear that when the heroine did that it backfired to the point that the one she loves stammered an apology and just walked away from her!” And now her glaring face is a few inches away from mine.

Normally I’d back away to reclaim my personal space. But I didn’t since she’s obviously blaming me for something that ISN’T MY FAULT. Clearly this is getting to me.  I mean, c’mon. Really? MY FAULT?!

“So what?” I growled as I glared back. “You’re the type that if I say jump you’ll say back ‘Since I can’t think for myself, okay’ is that it? If that’s the case, maybe I should call you Crazy Psycho Jr then.” Harsh but……okay so it’s not really true. Crazy Psycho does have a will of her own. But yeah, she doesn’t need to know that.

Fang took another step, our nose practically touching as she stomped her feet and exclaimed, “I didn’t have any choice! She was flirting with a man!”

Hearing that completely stunned me. Despite the close proximity of our faces and the stares of the passersby—which is really understandable given what I just stated and how loud we are—I blinked a couple of times and just stared at her for a moment. The thought of ‘did I hear her right’ just went through my mind. I mean, what she said is just…

“What?” I frowned in disbelief. The midget professor was……?

“You heard me. She was flirting with a man.” She sighs as she moved away, shaking her head as she heavily sat down the bench near us. She once again let out another sigh, eyes locked at her clasped hands that was resting on her lap. “I saw her and I just…panicked. I blurted how I feel and she just…”

“Said she’s sorry, walked away and now she’s ignoring you.” I finished for her as I turned to look at her pitiful state, my arms crossed over my chest. “That right?”

“Yes.” Was her soft breathy reply.

“And you’re blaming me for THAT?”

I see her roll her eyes as she leaned back on the bench. “Okay so maybe it isn’t entirely your fault.” She admitted with a shrug as she looked away, frowning.

I rolled my eyes and took a sit next to her. “I’d prefer it if you scratch the word ‘entirely’ since it really isn’t my fault.”

“The word ‘entirely’ is now scratched. Happy now?” She snapped, keeping her head turned away from me.

Pursing my lips tight, I leaned back and lazily rest the back of my head on the top of the backrest, my eyes trained on the tree that was looming over us. A sigh escapes my lips as I thought back on what Fang said about how I experienced the same thing that she was currently experiencing and…she’s right. I did experience the same thing with Haruna. The whole push and pull effect and how tiring it had been. Definitely a roller coaster ride of emotions. Remembering the whole drama and thinking how I’m over and done with that now—since me and Haruna did end up together and are now constantly receiving flame bug attacks in our stomach’s whenever we are together—I can’t help but realize that…

…yeah, I am damn lucky.

It’s funny when I think about it. I mean, I wasn’t looking for it. The only thing on my mind back then was to survive college, get a degree and just get a normal job or something. That was my goal in life. Yeah I know it’s pretty basic, black and white sort of thing but…that’s me. That’s what I am, all black and white. But now…everything’s all…different. Colorful, with the rainbows, the fuzzies and the floating invisible hearts. Thinking about something like that in the past, I’d cringe you know. But now? No. Yeah, despite how druggie all that sounds…I like it. This feeling of high whenever I’m with Haruna?

I like it. I like it a lot.

Fang let out another defeated sigh, her shoulder slumping a little.

And this person I’m sitting next to and glancing at? The one that is said to be the splitting image of me—personality wise mind you—clearly she wants what I have too.

Desperately.

I say desperately because she’s asking for my advice. AGAIN. I mean, how fucked up is that, right?

Turning my gaze back to the tree, I simply asked, “You sure she’s flirting?” with my eyebrow raised. “I mean, it’s the DENSE, clumsy, midget professor. With that said; seriously? Flirting? Her? You sure? Again with the seriously?”

Yeah, don’t blame me with the questioning since hearing the word ‘flirting’ along with the name of the Midget Professor sounded so wrong in my ears. It’s just so…unimaginable that I end up imagining that freaking mascot of Kyoto tower that Miichan loves—Tawawa-chan—flirting to someone inside the University. Fucked up I know, but it’s just……it’s the Midget Professor for god’s sakes! Tawawa-chan is easier to imagine with the whole flirting thing! Seriously!

“Yes I’m sure!” She retorted, waving her hand exasperatedly before letting out a sigh. “I saw her with my own two eyes, flirting with another professor of the bookworm department. Mr….Tamagochi or something.” She said that last bit mockingly and…bitchily. I can actually feel the hate there.

“Oh him.” I nodded, knowing exactly who she was referring to. Not his real name though, but I know him for the fact that I call him that too. I think his real name is something like Toga-something-something. So anyway, it’s kinda shocking that me and Fang have the same nickname for that guy. She seems to be a bit shocked about the fact that I know the guy though as she turned to me, frowning.

“You…you know him?”

“Well I am taking up English Literature which is also under the bookworm department, remember?”

“Oh right. Eww. Why?” She simply said, face contorting in disgust as she looks at me from head to toe. Can’t help but narrow my eyes and purse my lips there. Normal people would be offended by those four simple words that she uttered. But me? …Yeah I'm SLIGHTLY offended. Like on a scale of a hundred? 0.05 offended.

Hmmm. Something must be seriously wrong with me if I feel 0.05 offended about that.

“Let us not stray to a much more trivial topic, okay?”

“Whatever Aston Martin.” She rolled her eyes.

“Ooookkkaaaayyyy. Wrong point there.” I said, looking at her weirdly. “I think you better try Jane Austen than Aston Martin since the latter is pretty much a car.” Well at least she didn’t say Steve Austin. I’ll give her a points for that.

She held up her hand. “Whatever nerdlinger. Back to topic now.” And she’s rolling her eyes again. Okay, I can’t be THIS mean, right? Right? ...Why the hell aren’t you answering? Seriously?

“Anyway, I saw her talking to that Tamagochi guy in the middle of the hallway, telling her a lame ass joke that wasn’t even THAT funny and then she just started slapping his somewhat bulky arms under that worn out suit he has while she was giggling hysterically telling him that he was funny when in fact he isn’t! I mean, that’s obviously flirting you know!” She says in a bitchy tone accompanied with hand gestures. Okay, so image of Tawawa-chan is being replaced by Joker with Professor Tamagochi in front of him. Seriously, still can’t imagine the midget one doing that. Unless…

“I wonder about that giggling hysterically bit. Was it like, Ha-Ha with a millisecond pause in between? Or was it continuous Hahaha?”

“It was more like a continuous Hahahihihihi as she clutch her stomach while she rocks back and forth idiotically.” She answers with a shrug. Okay, Joker turns into a creepy witch. Seriously, the transition of the lead actor in my imagination is just uncanny.

“I don’t know about you if you’re just bad at imitating her laugh or you’re using your own laugh, but that seriously sounds fake to me.”

“That’s really what it sounded, Shakespeare.” Her shoulder slumped as she gave me a look. I rolled my eyes at that. Well at least she got that reference right.

Shaking her head, she let out another sigh and slumped a bit lower on the bench, her head turned to the boutique in front of us. I turned to look there as well, glancing at her subtly once in a while as silence once again surrounds us. It really looked like she was pondering on the possibility that the midget ones laugh is fake. Knowing her—since she is pretty much like me—I’m pretty sure the little cogs inside her head are turning with the little possibility that, MAYBE the midget one is just MAYBE making her jealous. It’s a bit cliché like it’s overused in movies or stories and stuff, but hey, it could happen. I mean, it’s a cliché world after all, you know. I should know since one of the most cliché stuff happened to me. You want an example of a cliché thing that happened to me? Easy. Right now, I’m in a relationship with someone who’s amazing…

… and she’s the complete opposite of me.

How cliché is that, right?

“Just talk to her.” I tell her with a sigh, breaking the silence. I see her turn her head to look at me through the corner of my eye and well, I’m not really sure if she’s happy with my advice or—

“Is that your solution to everything? Talking?”

—slightly miffed. Based on her tone, yeah, definitely go with the slightly miffed one.

“I’m not really good with the advice so can I offer you some sarcastic comment instead?” I asked as I sat up and looked at her glaring face. Okay, that doesn’t seem to work. I actually made it worse what with her jaw seemingly clenched tight. Hmm. Let’s try another one then.

After letting out a sigh, I shrugged as I tell her, “You asked for what I did earlier and I’m telling you exactly that. I confronted Haruna and…it worked well for me.”

“Well I’ve listened to that advice in the past and since that didn’t work, I’m thinking NO.” She replied as she rolled her eyes and shook her head. She let out another sigh as she mumbles, “Figures you and Holiness had the same advice,” while she slides down a bit on her seat, her eyes locked on the small boutique in front of us.

Haruna huh. Not surprised there. Though I’m a bit curious if Haruna spends a lot of time with Fang here. I’m getting a feeling that they do which is…sort of weird for me. Oh well, whatever floats their boat.

“Well that’s what the two of us did. We talked it out.” I shrugged before standing up. “But if you prefer not to do it our way, hey whatever. Do whatever you want. I said my piece and all so…bye.” I added, not bothering to look at her and once again tried to walk away.

Keyword? Tried. Yeah, after taking three steps again—much like what she did earlier—she took hold of the strap of my bag from behind and tugged it causing me to stop. Scowling, I glanced from behind and saw her standing up, giving me a serious look.

“I’m thinking of a better solution for this. One that requires YOUR help.” She tells me. I really didn’t need to voice out my confusion as I just raised my eyebrow in reply, keeping my back to her. Seeing this, she took a step forward and added, “Your guy friend, the one who’s in a band, I want you to set me up with a date with him.”

Okay, so this time, words that are bold and capitalized are seriously needed.

“WHAT?!”

Yeah, much better. Ugh.

“What’s your favorite color?” She asked turning her head slightly to look at me. I see the small smile form on her lips as she felt my thumb gently caress the back of her bare hand. Yeah, we’re holding hands as we walk towards the dorm without the gloves. Well, at least my left hand and her right hands are bare while our other unoccupied hands wore the gloves. Yeah, when you think about it, it’s the only possible solution for her to get what she wants and what I want. What she wants? To hold my hand without the gloves. What I want? To keep her chilled hands warm. But then again, feeling her hand still cold against mine, I guess it doesn’t help much huh.

I tightened my hold on her hand causing her small smile to widen. An adorable blush soon follows as it quickly spreads across her cheeks.

Or maybe…it does help a bit.

“I know you haven’t played 21 questions much but c’mon, you can do better than that.” I tell her with a chuckle. I felt her nudge me gently with her shoulder. Yes, we are playing 21 questions which Haruna suggested we do so that she’d find out more things about me. I think the story about me and Crazy Psycho attempting to be bakers in the past triggered this sudden idea of hers. But then again, maybe Crazy Psycho brought this idea in Haruna’s head just so she can ask me anything. I don’t know why but this whole thing reeks of Crazy psycho since this is like her favorite game ever. Oh except for eroge which I’m sure you’re familiar too also. Tch.

“But I want to know.” She reasoned as she pouts a little causing me to grin. She looks at me expectantly, waiting for my answer.

“This is so preschool. But sure, favorite color.” I let out another chuckle as I shook my head in amazement before answering further with a shrug. “I know it’s plain and boring, but I kinda like white and silver.”

“I d-don’t think it’s plain and boring…if you l-like it…” She says softly as she looks at the ground, blushing.

I smirked. “You’re really bringing the romancing thing up a notch huh.” I mumbled to myself with a smile, remembering Crazy Psycho saying how Haruna wants to court me properly and I got to say, she’s doing an okay job on it. I’d rate that 5 out of 10. And hey, that’s saying a lot coming from me. Seriously.

Blinking a few times she asked, “Wh-what did you say?” as she turned to me, confusion apparent in her face.

“So what’s your favorite color?” I asked, keeping the smile on my face as I divert her questioning. She took notice of my obvious diversion as a frown appears across her face for a second, but then she seemingly decided to let it go as she answered.

“Mine is a bit…um…u-unexpected. I wouldn’t be surprised if you even…laugh at it b-but…” She trailed off before biting her lip, her eyes once again downcast as she seemingly hesitates to continue. Finally, after what seemed like a 5 second pause, she lets out a sigh as she says, “I like pink.”

I blinked back my surprise. “Well that is definitely…unexpected since I don’t think I’ve seen pink in anything you own. If more, I thought your favorite color would be more like yellow or blue.” Hell you can add white there as well. Yellow for the halo the saints have, blue for robes they’re wearing, and white for something like innocence. No, my white doesn’t contain much innocence than hers. And freaking hell, I didn’t mean that in the purity virgin type of way. Though white does mean that way, still NO! I just meant it in a non perverted type of way! And no I didn’t check her undies if she has anything pink there! God, get your mind out of the gutter here! Geez.

“I like blue and yellow, b-but I like pink more.” She admitted as she shyly glimpsed at me for a moment before she averts her glance. “A-and I do have one item th-that is pink.” And now a blush covers a considerable amount of her face as she took her usual habit of biting her lip.

And I think I’m doing the same thing upon hearing that. Minus the biting of my lip though.

“Oh.” I said in astonishment at that definite overshare she just said. I don’t know why, but my throat suddenly felt dry which prompted me to clear my throat as I looked away, frowning.

“I uh…I’m not much of a f-fan of the color p-pink so…” I trailed awkwardly, my free hand slightly tugging my collar to release the unwanted heat I suddenly felt. “…i-it’s good that you have just o-one item with your favorite color. That’s…good. G-good for you. I’m…proud of you…?” That last bit is definitely weird. But let’s not overlook the fact that this time the word ‘underwear’ comes to mind here. Or rather the image of her wearing a pink, lacey—Gahhhhhhdddd!

I suddenly stopped and reacquaint the palm of my gloved hand to my face, hard. It had been a long time since they’ve seen each other so, what the hell.

“Are you okay, Shinoda-san?” I hear her ask from beside me, worry apparent in her voice. The corner of my lips tugged up slightly as I felt her hand tightened its hold on mine, squeezing it gently.

“Just dandy.” I grumbled before rubbing my face excessively, trying to somehow rub off the PV out of me. Though I’m pretty sure it’s not residing in my face and all but rather inside me, but meh. “I’m fine. Again, I’m going to put this under the ‘I’m just tired’ excuse and…” I sighed as I removed my hand and looked at her. “…I think it’s best if we move on to an unprovocative topic such as the color pink.”   

I see her eyebrow knit together in confusion as she looks at me, head tilted slightly. I have a feeling she wants to ask what was that about. I mean her one item may not even be a pink, lacy lingerie and it’s much more innocent like a pink…eraser or something which is very much suited for her than a pink, lacy lingerie that I think I’ve mentioned earlier. Yeah, you know, the lacy pink lingerie. But see, my mind is apparently stuck with the image of a pink lacy lingerie in her drawer which is clearly obvious what with me constantly mentioning it and all, so let’s think of pink erasers now for the sake of not feeding anymore inappropriate images of a pink lacy lingerie to the PV inside me. Oh and did I mention that it’s lacy?

Ugh. Shoot me. Shoot me now.

“Sh-should we take a taxi then? You look a lot more flushed than usual Shinoda-san. Do you have a fever? Or…a-are you blushing? Should I…should I pinch you…?” She asked in an uncertain tone as she took a step closer to me, her eyes scanning my face worriedly. I seriously don’t know if I look like a tomato about to burst into flames to make her question or not she should pinch me—though I feel like I am about to burst—but I want to talk to her more.

“No need.” I shook my head and offered her a small smile, despite still feeling a bit flushed.  “The dorm is just a few blocks away from here anyway and I just had a head rush thinking of…uh…pink e-erasers…?” Okay, can’t help but make a face at that and apparently Haruna shares the same sentiments as I do. Weird I know, but I’d rather say that than pinky lacy lingerie that I REALLY shouldn’t be thinking now. Ugh.

“Anyway, I’m done thinking of pink erasers now. Let’s just go and forget about…pink erasers.” I nodded, giving her an awkward smile as I tugged her to walk. She hesitated for a moment until she relented and we began walking happily once again. The happily is just bull by the way. We’re just walking in silence really, both of us occupied with our own thoughts.

“It’s your turn you know, to ask questions.” Until of course I said that as I glanced at her. Seeing the small smile on her lips and the somewhat mischievous look she’s throwing me as she glanced at me, I sighed and told her dryly, “And I’d appreciate it if you don’t ask questions about the pink erasers. In fact, don’t mention that ever again for the sake of my wounded ego.”

“Okay. Noted.” She chuckled and I just rolled my eyes, looking away. I think I’ll just blame momentary stupidity on the PV virus and the fact that something is definitely off with me. I mean, for one thing, my auto delete function seems to be malfunctioning. With that said, I dread that I would remember this for the rest of my life. Ugh.

“What’s your favorite book?” She suddenly asked as she nudged me lightly on my shoulder, smiling.

I turned and raised my eyebrow at her question. “Favorite book?”

“Yes. Favorite book.” She nodded before letting out a chuckle. “You did say that I shouldn’t ask you about the pink erasers. So I opted for your favorite book.”

“Thank you for not mentioning it ever again like I requested then.” Again with the dry tone along with my eyes rolling as she once again let out a giggle. She was smiling widely as she looked at me a moment later and I acted like I’m all meh about that as I shook my head and turned away, hiding the smile that was threatening to appear on my lips.

I felt her nudge me lightly on my shoulder once again. I glanced at her and she’s giving me an expectant look. “Your favorite book?” She asked as she smiles.

Oh right.

I sighed and gave her a nonchalant shrug. “One of my professors mentioned the book Persuasion by Jane Austen as her favorite.” I tell her as I looked ahead. “I’ve been reading it and well…I like it. I guess you could say it’s my favorite right now.”

“That’s my favorite Jane Austen book.”

That made me look back at her, surprised and curious. “You’ve read it?”

“Yes.” She nodded her head. “My grandfather has a collection of classical books and…I-I’ve read a-all of them...” She admitted and stuttered that last bit softly, shyly as she looked away. It was like she’s hesitating on admitting that kind of accomplishment. I’m going to pin this one as her many issues of having low self-esteem. We seriously need to work on that.

“Wow. That’s…quite an accomplishment. Seriously.” I tell her honestly as I smiled.

“Th-thank you.” She shyly glanced at me through her eyelashes, blushing a little, wearing a shy smile. I watch curiously as she looked away and bit her lower lip. Her hold on my hand tightened a bit and feeling that, it honestly felt like she was hesitating on saying or asking me something. Curious as to why she’s suddenly emitting such a weird vibe, I opened my mouth to ask her about it when she beats me to it.

“Wh-what’s your favorite a-animal?” She asked as she glanced at me, still looking a bit shy. My eyebrow arched up slowly at her unsubtle diversion. Yeah, it felt like that wasn’t what she really wanted to say. I mean, the fact that the look I’m giving her made her blush even more and avert her eyes away from me shows that I’m right in my assumption. For whatever reason she didn’t say nor ask whatever it that is in her mind, I should respect that and just answer whatever question she throws at me.

“Panda.” I simply answered with a shrug.

“Really?” She asked with a smile, apparently pleased with my answer. Thinking nothing of it, I nodded my head and grinned as I kept my eyes locked on hers.

“Yeah, I’ve got a soft spot for that big white and black fluffy bear that does nothing but eat bamboo.” My grin widened as she let out a soft giggle. I nudge her lightly on the shoulder.

“Don’t tell Miichan though. She doesn’t know I like Pandas. I never told her since she sometimes have this weird tendency to please me and buy me the things I like. So I told her I like jellyfish instead, which of course prompted her to buy me one on my 12th birthday. For some weird reason, she named it Spongebob.” I looked away and frowned at another trivial memory that my broken auto delete function had apparently made me recall. I seriously need to fix that or more unwanted memories would resurface. Ugh, the torture.

“That’s…nice of Minegishi-san to do.”

“Yeah I guess. It does seem pretty cool since the one she bought me a rare jellyfish that was illuminating in rainbow colors.” I shrugged with a small smile. “I remember the times I laid in my bed and just…looked at that aquarium mindlessly. It looked icky, really. But despite how icky it looks, in my eyes, it looked…wrong. I mean, that jellyfish was swimming all alone around that fancy aquarium, yet it was still giving out these…happy, vibrant colors. I know that it can’t help but glow, but…it still looked wrong to me.” As my eyes made its way to the ground, a sense of nostalgia washes over me causing me to drop the small smile on my face.

“So I ended up sneaking out of the house one evening on a school night and went around the city, looking for a pet shop that may be selling a jellyfish of the same kind. I know it was quite a stretch given that it was a rare jellyfish and all, but I decided to try it out.” I couldn’t help but chuckle as I remember the weirded out look the store owners often gave me while I ask them if they have a rainbow colored jellyfish.

With a smile on my face I said with a shrug, “Anyway—cutting the needless parts of my 12 year old adventure—I didn’t get to buy a rainbow glowing jellyfish. I did get to buy a normal one that I named Squidward. Seems fitting, really. Oddly enough, Miichan was ecstatic when she found about it the next day and—why are you looking at me like that?” I asked the moment I glanced at her. She was smiling fondly at me and well...

…huh?

“It’s just…” She trailed then paused for a moment before she says, “It’s…nothing,” still keeping the warm smile on her face.

I cocked my head to the side, eyebrow raised in confusion as I looked at her. I wonder what’s that about. I mean, she says it’s nothing yet she’s looking at me like there is something. Again with the huh.

“What’s your favorite movie?” She suddenly asks with a smile.

I shook my head and let out a chuckle. “Nice and subtle way to change the subject there.” I gave her a knowing look that she just replied with a giggle. It doesn’t seem like she’s hiding the fact that she is trying to subject now as she kept that smile plastered on her face. Yeah usually she’d be all evasive at this right? Now? Not so much. I guess in a way, it somehow tells me that it’s something unimportant. I’m curious yet, yeah I’m just going to let it go.

But…

“You do know that it’s my turn, right?” I said with a grin. “I just answered your question regarding my favorite animal. And of course I answered you back by babbling some stupid, senseless childhood tale of mine that is totally unrelated to your question, remember?”

That totally wiped the smile on her face as she looked a bit disturbed at what I said. Probably about that ‘stupid, senseless childhood tale’ bit I just said. Honestly that tale seems trivial to me. No sense in really remembering or eve sharing those. Again I blame my broken auto delete function for that.

She opened her mouth to probably say something that would make me think otherwise about that when I just suddenly blurted out my question, imitating her subtle way of changing the topic.

“If you win the lottery, what would you do?”

My grin widened as I stare at her dumbfounded reaction; her eyes wide with her mouth slightly open. I don’t know if she’s more surprised at the fact I decided to change the topic or if it’s because of my question. Maybe both? Not really sure. Seem kinda unimportant though.

“L-lottery…?” A frown adorned her features as she confusedly looked at me.

“Yeah, lottery.” I nodded my head. “What would you do if in case you won?”

She blinked a couple of times, tilted her head slightly to the side and just stared ahead for a while as we walk, seemingly in a contemplative state. I guess that question blindsided her or something. I mean, sure that question I threw at her is nothing like the preschool-like-questions that she’s throwing at me. But this is how me and Miichan play this. Or rather, this is how she plays it. Though now that I think about it, that question is still pretty much tamed compare to the question Miichan throws at me.

I couldn’t help but smirk and turned my gaze away from her, patiently waiting for her to answer as we continue to walk. It was then I saw a couple that had their arms wrapped around each other were heading towards our direction. I stared blankly ahead ignoring the curious glance the guy as he blatantly sized me up the moment he and his unaware girlfriend passed us by. Like most annoying, perverted look jerk guys throw at me, I ignore it. So you could say I’m used to it, but it doesn’t mean I like it. Obviously, the person next to me shares the same sentiments as I do.

Blinking a few times, I felt the hold of Haruna’s hand tightened on mine and she unsubtly moved closer to me, our shoulders now pressed lightly together. Ignoring our close proximity, I glanced at her through the corner of my eye and saw her staring at the ground looking a bit troubled. You know, I do like seeing this possessive, jealous side of her, but isn’t this a bit…ridiculous?

“Hey.” I moved my shoulder a bit, trying to get her attention. The moment I pulled her out of her gloomy musings as she turned to look at me, I continued saying, “What’s your answer?”

She looked at me confusedly, her eyebrows knitted slightly together. “E-eh?”

I let out a soft chuckle before I pointed out, “You, winning the lottery.”

“Oh. Th-that.” She mumbled before she trained her gaze back to the ground, pursing her lips to tight to once again think of her answer. A moment later, I frowned my curiosity as she turned to look back at me. I noticed that she’s wearing this...soft-peaceful-holy-like smile that was somewhat radiating with rays of hope or something. Okay so I’m obviously having a hard time explaining what it looked like, so just bear with that fucked up explanation. Anyway, I only saw that look for a fleeting second and I somehow knew what it is that she was about to say.

“Oh and don’t give me those beauty pageant answers like ‘I will save the world from hunger’ and ‘World peace’ crap.” I interjected before she could say something as I narrowed my eyes at her and waved my free hand dismissively. “I know you want to make the world all better by constantly doing good deeds—“

She bit her lower lip at that and averted her gaze.

“—but I want you to be more selfish about your answer. I don’t want you to tell me what you want to do for others. I want you to tell me what you want to do for yourself, okay?”

“Th-that’s…hard.” She mumbled, frowning slightly as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose with her free hand, her eyes downcast to the ground.

“I know.” I replied with a small smile as I gave her hand a gentle squeeze. “But I want you to be selfish every once in a while, Haruna. Even if it’s just pretend or just…with me.” I admitted.
My smile widened as I see a blush spread on her cheeks while the corner of her lips arched up slightly, forming a small smile on her lips. Hmm, I wonder what’s going on in her head when she heard me say that. I mean, that’s basically me telling her not to hesitate on anything she wants to do when it comes to me, you know. Curious to know, but then it doesn’t really matter does it? I mean, I’m bound to know eventually anyway. I guess we’ll just see.

Hopefully we’ll see.

And soon.

“So? You winning the lottery. What would you do?” I nudge her playfully on the shoulder before she glanced at me. I moved my eyebrows up giving her an expectant look while I kept the smile on my face, trying to show her that I am eager to know. I think it worked since she pursed her lips tight for a moment then heaved a sigh as she looked at the ground.

“I…I do want to go to…Eu-Europe someday…” She mumbled softly. 

I grinned, impressed with her answer. “So travelling.”

Haruna gave a timid nod in reply, blushing a little. That’s actually not a bad selfish idea, but…

“Is that solely travelling like for sightseeing and stuff or in the back of your head you’re thinking of curing world hunger once again?”

She shyly looked up at me through her eyelashes as she shrugged. “Um…b-both?” She admitted hesitantly before she gave me a sheepish smile.

Hearing that, I pursed my lips tight and gave her a chiding look. “Haruna…”

“I’m…I’m sorry.” She let out a dejected sigh, her shoulders sagging a bit as she averted her gaze. The corner of my lips arched up slightly, forming a crooked smile as I glanced at her. Typical Goody Goody Haruna slash Betty. Tch. I guess it can’t be helped then, so maybe…

I pursed my lips tight for a second before I looked away. “Well, if that’s the case then…m-maybe I should go with you.” I suggested as I lightly scratch my cheek with my free hand. A frown forms across my face as I internally berate myself at how lame that sounded. I mean, my voice cracked for pete sakes. How lame. And now I can feel her eyes on me, and ugh, I can feel my face heat up again. Geez Scrooge, get a hold of yourself.

“Y-you…you’ll go with me?” She asked in astonishment evident in her voice.

“W-well yeah. I mean, you know, just so...I could prevent you from being all saintly on your supposedly selfish t-trip.” My frown deepened at that as I felt my embarrassment heightened at the fact that I still sound lame. I cleared my throat thinking that it would help with the lameness before I continued. “I can be like the little devil on your left shoulder or something. I’d guide you to wherever selfish things we could do together in Europe. Going around Europe, wasting all that money for sightseeing or buying needless amounts of—“

“Pink erasers?” She unexpectedly quipped, causing me to groan out my annoyance and give her a blasé look. If what she just wisecracked was so unlike her, then you can add the innocent look she’s giving to me now whilst she blinks a couple of times. It was somewhat unnerving seeing her like that, yet there’s a larger part of me that is highly amused at this turn of events. Probably why the corner of my lips were twitching as a smile threatens to appear across my face. But unlike earlier when I hid it from her, this time I just relented and let it happen.

I smiled.

Or rather, I grinned as I shook my head.

“You’re really something else. Have I told you that?”

She shook her head then let out a chuckle, her cheeks tinted pink from—I could guess—happiness. Watching her for a moment with that carefree smile on her face made me remember the things that I haven’t told her about.

Particularly…that.

“Someday huh…” I mumbled mindlessly before I frowned and pursed my lips tight, eyes downcast to the ground.

“Someday…what?” She asked snapping me out of my musings. I glanced at her and found her looking at me curiously wearing a small frown. Not wanting her to worry—since I’m pretty sure she will given the type of person she is—I shook my head and smiled at her. After that, much like what she did earlier…I lied.

Just a white lie though.

“I just hope that someday, we’d get to do that. Travelling together, I mean.” I tell her with a shrug. Hmmm. Maybe that isn’t a white lie since I do want to travel with her. I think I’ll just call that a diversion then.

Hearing that, she lowered her head a bit and gave me a shy smile as she looked up through her eyelashes, her glasses lowering a bit down the bridge of her nose.

“Really?” She asked timidly, her eyebrows moved upward as she gives me a look of anticipation. “You would…want to travel with me? Just the two of us?”

Hope wasn’t only apparent in her eyes but also in her voice. Add the fact that I can also hear excitement behind that question of hers, instantly made my smile falter. Not in the bad way though. I mean, with my face turned to her, my heartbeat pounding erratically, my face flushed, mouth slightly agape, throat suddenly feeling dry and damn bugs going haywire inside my stomach? As I looked at her while we walk, I don’t know why, but…I was mesmerized by her. At that time, at that moment that maybe only lasted for a few seconds…

…I wanted to kiss her.

PV be damned.

I just want to kiss my girlfriend and assure her that what I feel is real.

My eyes slowly went to her full enticing lips. If I was blushing a bit just a while ago, now—just by locking my gaze at her lips—I’m blushing furiously. I swallowed hard and tightened my jaw as I once again became deaf with only my heart thumping in my ears.  If I could just…lean and capture those lips of hers, then I show her that I—

“Sh-Shinoda-san…?” She called out to me breaking me out from the enthrallment I suddenly felt for her lips. I shifted my gaze and saw her frowning. The sudden haze around me slowly fades and it was only then I realized that we had stopped walking and that we were now in front of our dorm. With a frown, I turned my head and looked at the closed door of our dorm. Ooookkkaaayyy….

“Shinoda-san, a-are you sure you’re okay?” She asked again. I turned my gaze at her and just stared at her for a moment until I…smiled.

I felt relieved somehow albeit disappointed. Weird I know. It’s just that, somehow looking at her, it made me decide to hold off this obvious urge I have to kiss her. Don’t get me wrong, I REALLY do want to kiss her. You can obviously tell by how I emphasize that word in a bold and capitalized kind of way. I’m not going to deny that anymore. I’d even admit the fact that the PV has fully gotten into me. I think it was pretty obvious especially when my thoughts began to linger on…pink erasers.

…Okay, so I’m still trying to restrain myself from thinking THAT. Anyway, going back to the main topic, point is, I do want to kiss her. I’m ready to kiss her, but…

…I just don’t think that she is though.

“You know that’s probably your most asked question today.” I pointed out as a grin appears on my lips.

“You’ve…been acting strange today, Shinoda-san.” She tilted her head slightly to the side, still wearing a worried look. “M-Maybe it’s because of the bump on y-your forehead? Should we…go to the hospital…?”

“The little bump in my head doesn’t really scream extreme medical attention. I think going to the hospital is a bit over the top.” I wryly said causing her to pout a little.

“B-but you might have a concussion and—“

“—And I don’t.” I butt in as I squeezed her hand. She looked unconvinced so I widened my grin and try to convince her. “See? It doesn’t hurt that…m-much…” I stuttered that last bit in pain for the reason that I just slapped my forehead with my free hand. It doesn’t seem that convincing now since I’m giving her a forced, pained smile. Well at least she’s not looking at me worriedly now. No, she’s actually giving me a stern gaze, totally looking unimpressed by my idiotic move to convince her. This look she’s giving me is kinda new and…also kinda cute. But then that’s the least of my problems huh?

I let out a defeated sigh. “Okay, so I guess it still hurts. Not to mention, it does seem to be swelling a bit.” I tell her scowling as I gently caress the little lump on my forehead underneath my bangs. The words ‘Kill Crazy Psycho’ suddenly entered my mind. But then, in her defense—though I don’t really know why I’m defending her but just go along with it— it really isn’t her fault. I mean I just suddenly experience idiotism attack at that moment. Yeah, I blame me.

“Do you w-want me to get you some ice for that?”

Lowering my free hand from my injury, an eyebrow quirked up as I tilted my head slightly to the side to look at her. “Would it make you feel better if I said yes?”

A small smile appears on her lips as she nodded her reply.

In turn, it caused me to let out a sigh of relief and offer her a small smile of my own. “Then sure. Ice would be…nice.” I made a face at that unexpected and lame rhyming I just did. Hmmm. Maybe there is something wrong with me tonight. Aside from the PV and idiotism attack, I probably have the lame bug as well. Geez. Maybe I should go to the hospital or something.

Probably thinking how funny I am being an idiot, she let out a soft chuckle then gave me a smile. “Let’s get you some ice then.” She says with a nod before she turns towards the main door of our dorm. She took two steps up towards the dorm but then suddenly stopped. I don’t know why, but she didn’t move and just stayed rooted at the spot. I tugged her hand gently as I stayed two steps below her, confused at her sudden change of mood.

“Something wrong?” I asked with a slight frown as I kept my gaze locked on the back of her head. It’s weird but even though I can’t see her face, somehow I have this feeling that she isn’t smiling anymore. Plus seeing her shoulders slumped slightly after she let out a soft sigh seems like a dead giveaway. 

“It’s just…we’re here now…” She trailed softly causing me to raise my eyebrow for the reason that I feel a bit weirded out at the fact that, yes we are here now and that’s obviously obvious for the last minute. But then, I’m pretty sure she’s not yet finished with her explanation so I bite my tongue and restrained myself from saying any sarcastic comment. And I was right. As she continued, it became clear to me where this discussion is heading.

“It’s just…I’m h-having fun right now and…if we go inside, the night would be over.” Her head moved as she lowered her gaze to the ground. “We’ll sleep and when we wake up in the morning, w-we’d go our separate ways again and…I won’t get to see you until the evening.” She once again let out a sad sigh. “I wonder when we would have another night like this? Just the two of us…?”

I stared at her back for a moment, completely understanding what she was saying. See, Haruna and I hardly ever spend time together what with college, work and sleep against us these past few days. I know it’s ridiculous of me to say or even her to say that since we are roommates and we do see each other every day, but it really isn’t enough for me. Obviously, it isn’t enough for her as well. We just spend a minimal amount of hours like lunch or when we pass by each other in the hallways; and I do see her sleeping cutely on many occasions when I get back from work and all, still it isn’t enough.

We both just…miss each other.

It’s crazy, I know but that’s just the way it is.

Earlier at the meeting, thinking that it would be a good idea, she proposed to Miichan to work at DAFUQ with me, which of course I declined strongly. And by strongly I mean saying NO in bold and capitalized letters while I gave the others a murderous glare as if saying to just shut it and move on. Luckily for me, there was a smart one in the bunch—the Sexytary—and she told Haruna to think about it more before she makes a hasty decision. Don’t get me wrong though. Like I said earlier, I do miss her. But as much as I miss her, I don’t want her to work with me…

…and that obviously hurts her a lot.

“The Hirakawacho Mori Tower huh. Fancy.”  Fang said flatly from behind me as we enter the building, snapping me out from another Haruna induced trance. Ugh, I’ve got to get a hold of myself here or else she’d think something is up again. Which isn’t far from the truth, really. But she doesn’t need to know that. Actually, no one needs to know that.

Grumbling out my displeasure of how my head is acting up with the remembering, I glanced at Fang for a moment, noting the unimpressed look she has a she inspects her surroundings. Hmm. Interesting.

“Hello. Welcome to the Hirakawacho Mori Tower. How may I help you?” The woman from the counter greeted with a warm smile as I approached her.

Placing both my hands on the counter, I offered her a dry smile as I said, “Yeah. My friend just went up to her apartment. She’s M&M.”

“Like the western singer?” Fang asked as she walked towards me. Standing next to me, she crossed her arms over her chest and gave me a look. “Lame codename.”

I just rolled my eyes not bothering to correct her as I was determined on ignoring her. Turning back to look at the receptionist, I noticed that her warm smile didn’t seem to waver at our little interaction. She actually even smiled widely at that and well…it’s a bit creepy for me. Seriously.

“Ms. M&M just went up with her two friends and she did say that two BITCHES are going to be a little late to join them.” She informed us in her usual bubbly tone, still smiling warmly at us which seriously caused me to look at her weirdly. She let out a giggle at that. “I’m sorry for that foul language. Ms. M&M requested that I emphasize that word more as to express how livid she feels towards the two of you.”

“Nicely done then. I can feel the hate.” I retorted sarcastically before giving her a forced smile which she returned with her…unfazed bubbly smile. Obviously she doesn’t know that my native language is sarcasm. I don’t think she’s even aware of what sarcasm is. Huh. I can see the similarities and I wonder if this woman is related to Creepy. Seriously, what’s with the creepy smile?

“Why thank you. I do practice saying expletive words since my husband likes to hear them sometimes. You know, for dirty talk.” She shared before giggling. Forced smile turns into…a look of pure grossness. Fang and I shared a look for a moment and yep, she too wears the look of pure grossness. Seriously, what is wrong with this woman?

“That’s…definitely an overshare, lady.” I sneered as I looked back at the receptionist.

“Is there a suggestion box here somewhere? Because I’m thinking of writing how your receptionist skills is just out of this world.” Fang said as she sized up the woman with a bored look. Again with the sarcasm and again the lady didn’t seem to get it.

“That’s nice of you.” She says as she smiled fondly at Fang before she pointed towards a box on the far end of the counter. “The suggestion box or tip box is right over there. Please feel free to write down your praises to me.”

I frowned at her choice of words. It honestly screams egotistical, really.

Fang seems to think so as well as she sneered. “Why sure. I’ll write down beautiful praises for you.” She says before haughtily grabbing the pen right off the receptionist’s hand and walking towards the suggestion box. The weird ass receptionist didn’t seem to find that rude though as she smiled momentarily at Fang then at me.

“Ms. M&M actually required you to say something first before you come up to her place, but since you two are so nice, I’ll just say that you declined to say it and threatened to beat me up unless I tell you where she is located.” She tells me with the creepy smile.

“Okay. Great.” I dragged out giving her a face. The creepy vibe is now heading towards a scary vibe that can be closely associated to being a serial killer. Seriously.

She nodded. “Ms. M&M’s room is on the 23rd floor.” She informed me before she pointed at where the elevators were. “You have to use the elevator on the far left. That’s the only elevator that goes up to the 23rd floor’s entrance. I’ll unlock it for you.”

“Okay, thanks.” I grumbled as I walked towards Fang, not bothering to wait for the Creepy’s Killer Aunt to finish her goodbye speech or whatever it is that she’s saying about enjoying our stay and blah blah come again whatever crap. Anyway, that aside, I made my way to where the elevator is not bothering to wait up for Fang who is happily writing her beautiful praises—her words not mine—for Creepy’s Killer Aunt. I guess her evaluation isn’t that much because even before I reached the elevator and pressed the button I felt her follow me closely from behind.

We were silent for a while, listening to the jazzy music around when she wryly says, “Thanks for waiting, by the way,” as we stood side by side waiting for the elevator.

I glanced at her through the corner of my eye, still noting her indifference upon being in one of the most expensive residences in Japan. I’m curious yet…nope, I’m just curious.

“I take it by your lack of enthusiasm you’ve known about Miichan’s status?”

She let out a snort as she glanced at me. “Oh, you’re talking to me now? Are we best friends again? Oh happy day!” She says in fake enthusiasm as she places her hand daintily on her chest before she rolled her eyes and went back to her uncaring self. But you know, even after sending her a glare for that, she still answered my question. It makes me think if she suddenly thought that she should be nice to me if she wants my help into getting her a date with Smiles, which by the way, I will never ever agree to do regardless of how nice she will be towards me. Just saying.

I hear Fang let out a loud sigh causing me to glance back at her.

“To answer your question, she told me about it last night in a bedtime story kind of way while I was trying to sleep.” She tells as she shrugged nonchalantly, keeping her blasé stare at the elevator. “Didn’t really make much of it and just told her to shut up and that I don’t care if she’s rich or whatever.”

I let a snort at that, the corner of my lips tugging up in amusement. “Careful now in saying that or she’d end up latching on to you telling you you’re now her new bestfriend for life.”

“That or…” She started then turned to me, her eyebrow quirked up. “…she’d fall in love with me, right?” The corner of her lips moved and the way she looks at me crosses between knowing and teasing that left me with an unsettling feeling. Is she…?

“Are you implying, what I think you’re implying?” I asked, giving her an incredulous look. I ignored the sound of the elevator and it opening as I kept my gaze locked on the blasé looking Fang who rolled her eyes and shrugged.

“Obviously.” She simply says before nonchalantly walking inside the elevator. I glared at her for a second then followed suit.

“Didn’t give us much of a choice, huh? Feels like we’re going to Hogwarts or something.” She grumbled to herself as she looked at the lonely 23rd button before pressing it. The door closed and we were once again left with the sound of the jazz music. Honestly, the music annoys me, but what she was implying earlier just annoys me even more.

“What makes you even think that Crazy Psycho is in love with me?” I asked in annoyance as I looked at her.

“Was.” She retorted as she rolled her eyes. “It was pretty obvious by her story yesterday about how you two first met and how you just saved her from…whatever whatever when you were whatever.”

“Great story. The climax seemed a bit whatever but hey, whatever right?” I tell her sarcastically. I’ve never really heard of me saving Miichan from that monster. And I saved her? News to me. I mean, I can’t really remember how I met her. It was just so damn long ago, you know. Blame time, not me. Oh, don’t give me that look. Tch.

“She keeps on yapping and yapping and I was tired!” She groaned out. “So forgive me if I didn’t listen whole heartedly to your beginnings!”

“You didn’t listen to it fully, yet here you are concluding that the Psycho was in love with me? You serious?”

“Damn serious.” She nodded before she turned towards me fully with a scowl, irritation apparent in her features. “And why the hell are you so upset with this? It’s not like this is news to you. I’m pretty sure you’re not THAT idiotic or dense.”

I just clenched my jaw tight and just…glared at her. I know should’ve said something, anything to make her think otherwise or even divert this crazy discussion, but I can’t. I really don’t know what to say and that obviously amuses her as a small, bitchy, knowing smile appears on her glossy lips.

“I guess I hit the nail on that one. I’m not surprised since she sometimes have this vibe that she can’t live without her walking stick or whatever.”

“Keyword: sometimes.” I pointed out.

“Yeah.” She waved her hand dismissively then leaned her back on the elevator wall opposite to mine. She crosses her arms over her chest and locked her bored eyes to mine, keeping that annoying smile plastered across her lips. “I wouldn’t worry about that freak now. I don’t know her much—heck I don’t want to know her—“ She says that in a grossed kinda way causing me to narrow my eyes for the fact that I can tell she’s somewhat lying, but meh. Whatever floats her freaking boat. “—but I think she’s trying to stand up in her own gross feet now. Which is good. She doesn’t really need an apathetic walking stick to guide her anyway.” She finishes with a nonchalant shrug.

I stared at her for a moment as she moved her gaze upwards to where the blinking numbers were. Looking at her, despite the blasé look she’s giving, it got me thinking of my own conclusion about her relationship with the Psycho.

“You’re worried about her.” I simply stated as I leaned back on wall beside me, imitating her.

“Are YOU serious?!” She asks with an attitude as she gave me an incredulous look. We stay rooted at our spot despite the sudden little chime of the elevator signaling that we had reached our floor. The moment the elevator door opened fully, I pushed myself and gave her a conceited smile. 

“Damn serious.” I mimicked her earlier words. I couldn’t help but let out a snort as a glare slowly appears on her face. As I took hold of the strap of my shoulder bag, keeping the smile on my face just to annoy her, I tell her as I walk out of the elevator, “If you and the midget professor don’t hook up? There’s always Crazy Psycho, you know.”

“You have got to be fucking kidding me.” I hear her growl from behind. The smile on my face just widened because, in truth, I was kidding. But you know, she doesn’t really need to know that.

Look who’s annoyed now, eh?

“I do want to spend more time with you too. Believe me.”

She turned to look at me, frowning slightly with her mouth slightly agape. Continuing to look up at her and ignoring that sarcastic side of me—since this is so like Romeo and Juliet what with her two steps above me and our clasped hand outstretched in between us—I pursed my lips tight for a second then let out sigh. “And…I know that it hurt you that I was against your idea of working at the bar, and I’m sorry about that, but…” I tell her before giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

“…you still think…I sh-shouldn’t…?” She meekly asked with a soft sigh, her shoulders drooping a little as she averted her gaze to the ground. I chewed on my bottom lip for a moment upon seeing her dejected form. Yeah, that definitely tugged my heartstrings a bit. Even when the first time I said no to her idea a couple of hours ago during that meeting, it tugged quite a bit. But But, this is for her own good so…

“Yeah.” I replied with a nod. “I still don’t think it’s a good idea.”

Still unable to look at me, she asked, “Why?” with an obvious hurt in her voice.

Ignoring how my heartstrings tugged big time upon hearing that, I let out a soft sigh and told her the simple truth. “Because you work too hard.”

Which looked like surprised her as she quickly at me, eyes widening slightly.

“You look surprised.” I said flatly with my eyebrow raised. “Were you thinking that I would say along the lines that you can’t take care of yourself?”

I wasn’t surprised when she looked away, biting her lower lip as she does so. “Y-you…don’t think s-so…?”

“Well if you go to Crackhouse University and survive a whole day without going insane, I’m pretty sure you can take care of yourself, you know.” I tell her nonchalantly which made her smile, still keeping her gaze away from me. A momentary crooked smile formed on my lips upon seeing that. Shaking my head, I let out a sigh, removed my hold on her hand—which she didn’t seem to like what with a frown forming on her forehead as she turned to me—gave her a stern look and decided to continue trying explain further.

“Anyway, point is, you work too hard.” I repeated as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“You wake up so early in the morning for whatever reasons.” The thought that she’s the one who opens the University every morning comes to mind here.

“You have a job that you obviously like—” Though I don’t know why, but let’s not say that.

“—which sometimes takes you evening to finish.” Again with the ‘I don’t know why’ but I’m blaming the creepy squirrel on this one.

“You study for at least 3 hours once you get back to our room without so much as taking a break.” Her eyes widened at this. Probably surprised how I know this.

“You’re always gone on Saturdays because of your altruistic deeds.” My girlfriend, such a goody-goody.

“You go to church at Sundays and sometimes you help out most of the time there which makes you come back in the afternoon. But after that you study some more for at least 5 hours.” I gave her a look.

She opened her mouth to retort about that when I rolled my eyes and waved my hand dismissively as I interject, “And yes, you do take a break…”

She smiles, nodding her head.

“…sometimes you don’t though.” I mumbled. The corner of my lips arched up slightly as I noticed Haruna’s smile quickly faded from her face and was replaced by a frown and a pout, looking like a petulant child. And if that isn’t amusing enough—and not to mention, surprising—she just suddenly flopped down and sat on the step, wrapping her arms around her knees and hugging them close against her chest with her eyes trained on the ground. The thought that I must’ve said something wrong comes to mind here. I mean, she’s sulking like someone just told her that Christmas isn’t coming because Biker Santa doesn’t need that shit now that he’s freaking rich. Fucked up tale, I know. But that’s how I see it.

“How do-do… you know all that?” She asks in a low voice as she hesitantly looked up at me, her chin resting on the top of her knees.

“I’m your roommate.” I shrugged then averted my gaze to my right as I deadpanned, “Plus that’s what you get when you’re friends with a whiney, loudmouth Crazy Psycho.” Ugh. I shudder at the thought of remembering how she’d whine about Betty being not available to entertain her childish self. I call her Betty because all that information is mostly in the Betty arch, before I got myself a sweety. Mom’s words, not mine. The sweety thing mind you. Yeah, she…kinda bugs me most times she calls, pleading me a bit to come home at least one time and spend the weekend there. With Haruna in tow of course. Apparently my mom wants to get to know Haruna better, whatever that means. I’m hesitating, yet lingering on the idea since I do want Haruna to meet my dysfunctional Shinoda family. That and I want her to be part of it. And…god, why am I telling this trivial information.

Anyhow, needles information aside, Miichan was the one who whined about all that information about Haruna. She still does actually from time to time and she’s a bit disturbed about my lack of caring about it. Can’t really tell her or show her how these tight schedule of Haruna worries me a whole lot especially when these hectic schedule of hers still hadn’t eased up even after we got together. Yeah, it worries me a whole lot. I wish she’d just…take it easy for a while, you know.  But despite the worry inside me, I didn’t say anything or do anything about it because I can see that she likes doing all these things. Don’t ask on why because it’s a dead end. I’ve actually done that a couple of times now. So anyway, Miichan still gave me an earful about it, despite not knowing how I really feel. And well, it got me thinking of what I could do for her as her girlfriend.

She immediately looked alarmed about hearing that Miichan was the one who disclosed such information. “Mi-Minegishi-san…?” She suddenly sat up, her eyes wide as she looked up at me. “Did-did…she tell you a-anything else?” She nervously asked.

“Is there anything else that I need to know besides your tight schedule?” I challenged as I raised my eyebrow and cocked my head to the side.

Unsurprisingly, she recoiled in surprise, a blush slowly spreading across her cheeks. “N-n-no…?” She lied, looking away.

Meh, harmless lie.

“Right.” I drawled before I let out a snort. I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, keeping my arms crossed against my chest. With a frown, I tell her sternly, “So are we clear now as to why I don’t want you to work with me? Because unless you ease up your very tight schedule, I have to say no to the idea of you working with us. I’m pretty sure everyone would agree with me as well if I tell them about your hectic life. And I know I said earlier how I want you to show your selfish side, but if your selfish side is going to harm your health, then please refrain from being selfish from now on.”

She let out a defeated sigh and mumbled out, “I..I understand…” in a low spirited voice, her shoulder slumping from disappointment as she looked away.

I pursed my lips tight and just stared at her dejected form. I know I’m being kinda hard on her, but you get where I’m coming from, right? This is all for goody-goody sake. I’m pretty sure it’s my duty as her girlfriend to be this…protective. I mean, I think Miichan said something about this kind of thing when she said some rules about dating someone. Plus, you know, I like her. I want to keep her healthy so that when I admittedly tell her I like her, she won’t pass out on me because of exhaustion. Again with the weird tale but you get the idea. Anyway, that aside, it sucks for her. You can tell from the massive pout on her face that undeniably tugs my heartstrings yet again.

Letting out a sigh, I took a step up towards her and sat next to her, our shoulders touching. I placed my hand on top of my knees and locked my gaze on my gloved hand. “I know I’m being like your terrible stepmom right now by saying all that. But I just…worry about you, Haruna. All the time, especially when I’m not with you.” I admitted with a soft sigh.

I felt her move and I knew she was looking at me now.

Keeping my gaze on my hand, with a small smile, I continue, “So I thought of a possible solution for our situation.” I glanced at her, keeping the small smile on her dumbfounded state. “I was thinking of asking Miichan if I could have 2 days off so we could spend more time together. I mean, with Creepy being added permanently to the whacked up crew, I’m pretty sure they can all handle the horde of future zombies at the bar, you know. Plus that way, I could like distract you from all the seriousness and just drag you out to have some fun. A date night two days a week.” The soul of Crazy Psycho probably merged into mine as I gave Haruna the whole grinning and wiggling of eyebrows thing that was Crazy Psycho’s signature move. I seriously don’t know if I look like a perv upon doing that, but her lack of emotions as she’s still looking dumbfounded at all this makes me think that I can get away with it. That doesn’t mean that my grinning and eyebrow wiggling thing means anything perverted! No! That’s just a playful look on my part! Geez!

“Granted, I’m not really sure how we’re going to have fun, but I was thinking—for starters— maybe we can do those coupley cliché stuff. You know, having some dinner at a restaurant then we could watch some lame cheesy romantic movie at the theater. After that, we could like, walk back to the dorm like we did now, talking and playing 21 questions. Then if a flower vendor just suddenly materializes right in front of us, I could maybe buy you a rose and maybe put it in your ear.”

She let out a giggle causing her nose to cutely wrinkle. I tried to scowl, despite the grin on my face.

“What’s so funny about that?” I asked as I nudge her on her shoulder.

“It’s just…” She let out another giggle before continuing, “…it might hurt if you do that si-since roses have thorns.”

This time, I was the one who chuckled as I realize her point. “What’s little pain when your girlfriend just made a cheesy, romantic gesture, right?” I asked playfully with a shrug.

She surprised me as she looped her arm through mine and took hold of my gloveless hand, squeezing it. “True.” She simply said before she surprised me further by resting her head on my shoulder. “I could take any pain if it means I could see more of you.” She says softly with a sigh, her thumb caressing the back of my hand.

I gulped, the cold winter night just suddenly turned into a scorching hot summer. Well at least for me. And yeah, that’s a definite 8/10 for doki dokiness. She’s…really good at this romancing thing despite not making any effort, huh? I wonder if I’m like that to her as well.

Trying to calm my pounding heart and trying not to notice how her forehead is just a few inches from my lips—yet obviously it’s too late since I already noticed it—I asked softly, “S-so I take it, you like the idea then…?”

“Very much.” I felt her nod.

“Good.” I smiled and turned my gaze to the street in front of us. “I figured since our first date isn’t much, I was thinking that maybe we could have a normal date. One that requires all that I said earlier.”

“I’m surprised that you-you thought all that.”

I blinked a couple of times and began scratching my cheek with my gloved finger. “Uh, that’s not exactly all. I did leave out another small thing that might be considered another date night…or day.”

“Hmm?”

“Well, since I’m not really doing anything every Saturdays, maybe…maybe I could come along and do some altruistic deeds with you...?”

I tried not to frown or make a face as the weight on my shoulder and the feel of her hand suddenly disappeared. Pursing my lips tight and trying not to show the disappointment I feel, I glanced at her as she leaned back and sat up, facing me.

“Wh-What…?” She asked blinking back her surprise.

“Me. Doing altruistic deeds. With you.” I tell her as I pointed at myself then at her, my eyebrow quirked up. “That is if it’s okay with you?”

She was silent for a moment until a frown appeared on her face as she looks at me in disbelief. “You-you would…spend the whole Sa-Saturday with me and…help me…?”

“Well, yeah.” I said before I let out an exasperated sigh and turned to her fully. “I meant what I said earlier about wanting to spend time with you. Plus, with me to help, maybe it won’t take all day to finish the act of altruism.” That’s a lie, I know. Remember when I ended up cutting fruits instead of helping? Yeah, I’m pretty sure that might happen again. Meh, at least I get to spend time with her. That’s my not-so-hidden motive anyway.

She was silent once again for a moment and just sat there, unmoving. I seriously thought I broke her or something and it was really creeping me out. Though, now that I think about it, I did anticipate that she’d be shocked but not for the reason that I’d would want to spend Saturdays with her and help her with the…helping. I mean, is it really THAT hard to believe?

I was about to wave my hand in front of her face just to snap her out of her trance when one of the brightest smile I’ve seen her wear just suddenly materialized on her face. Add the fact that her eyes were twinkling in delight and yeah, a toothpaste commercial comes to mind here. Not that I don’t like seeing her this happy but I can’t help but wonder…

“Are you—“

And I was cut off by a loud scream followed by a thud, few curses here and there then a series of groan. All of which, came from me. Surprised? Well I was since she just suddenly tackled me out of nowhere causing me to fall down two steps down the stairs on my back and ASS!

“Oh for the love of—crap!“ I groaned out with my eyes closed tight as a lay on the ground in pain with a heavy weight on top of me. That heavy weight seemed to ease up a little bit and began to talk to me, worriedly.

“Shinoda-san?!” She called out quite loudly causing me to cringe. “Are-Are you okay?!”

Gritting my teeth, I slowly opened my eyes and wasn’t surprised to see her looking down on me, her hands lay flat above my shoulders, helping her carry some of her weight off of me while her long hair cascading down her shoulders and ending near the side of my face, tickling me a little as it moves a bit because of the wind. Honestly, if the scenario was a bit different, I’d rate this 100/10 for doki dokiness because she’s pretty much pressed against me. But I seriously hadn’t thought that as the pain still radiates on my ASS. Yes, it’s bold, capitalized and it screams out PAIN! My tailbone definitely felt that one.

“Is it alright to say no for the obvious reason that I’m not alright? Because I’m not.” I croaked as I gave her a forced, pain filled smile. Or rather a grimace. Whatever. “I think I need that ice now. One on my forehead and the other on my ass.”

“I’m so sorry! I was just so overwhelmed with happiness and I just couldn’t contain myself and—“

And I’m cutting her myself in my mind as she just frantically rabbles on and on. I just laid there with my eyes narrowed just wondering when she’d figure out that half of her weight on top of me just isn’t helping one bit to ease the pain. Oh and just to make you understand and possibly sympathize on my situation; the upper half of my body lay flat on the ground while my lower half is uncomfortably resting up on the stairs. And to literally top it off, my girlfriend is in the same position as I am, only, she’s freaking on top of me babbling out how sorry she is. Ugh. I know, right?

“Haruna just ge—“ I started but I was once again cut off by a voice from above.

“Oh my God! You have to look at this! Someone’s having sex outside the dorm!” The voice exclaimed causing the two of us to freeze.

Uh-oh.

And if that unknown person—who’s trying to rally up an audience isn’t enough—the door of the dorm just suddenly opened with a loud thud—which caused me to eat hair because Haruna just whipped her head towards that direction—and through the messy hair on my face, I see the scary eyed dorm head come out from the door wearing her pajamas looking mightily pissed as she looked down at us on top of the stairs. 

“On second thought, maybe that hospital suggestion thing isn’t such a bad idea.” I grumbled as I propped myself slightly up using my elbows, staring at the pissed off dorm head. While I ignore the pleadings coming from the woman above for her roommate to look out the window and brush off some of the hair on my face, something tells me I’m going to get personal with the dorm head’s eye veins again.

Oh what a memorable night. Ugh.

“That bad, eh?” Fang asked as she stood beside me, giving me a sidelong glance.

Moving my face from my hand that was covering it, I growled, “Shut up.” Okay, so I’m back from being annoyed just because I hate remembering that. How long is that, 5 seconds? Ugh.

“Tch. Grumpy.” She mumbled before turning her gaze towards the door. Her eyebrow quirked up as her eyes scan the antique wooden door. “This is so Narnia. Or Howarts. Or whatever time or century this door is supposed to be in.”

I removed my hand from my face and turned to look at the wooden door with wood carvings in front of us. It does look out of place since the whole building scream modernized, but…meh.

“To each his own.” I shrugged and headed towards where the lion head knocker is. After taking hold of it and pounding it against the door a couple of times, I made a mental note to ask Miichan who’s idea this whole door is despite what I said. Don’t blame me if I seriously felt weirded out the moment I took hold of that thing.

“How medieval.” Fang said flatly with her arms crossed as I took a step back and stood next to her again, waiting for whoever to open the door. “Is it okay to come empty-handed? I mean, shouldn’t we slay the dragon first and then offer its bloody heart to the king?”

“Too heroic, too bloody.” I shrugged. “I have some tic-tac on my pocket.”

She nodded her head. “That’ll do Stick. That'll do.”

The corner of my lips tugged up at that. Honestly, it’s not that bad hanging out with Fang. Minus the whole questioning thing, her weird request for me to help her get a date with Smiles and her accusation on Crazy Psycho’s past love for me? Yeah, she’s not that bad. But then if you minus all that, the only thing left is our interaction on Creepy’s killer aunt and Miichan’s weird ass door. Hmmm. It’s not much but…meh, it’s good enough for me.

“Coming!” A chirpy, familiar voice from the other side says which made me sigh as I remember who’s usually left in charge of Crazy Psycho’s apartments. Yes, with an ‘S’ since she has one for every city, I think.

After a few wobbles and loud noises from the other side as the person fumbles to open the door, with a look of indifference plastered on my face, I greeted Crazy Psycho’s cheerful looking maid. For about a second only though because when she saw me, she instantly froze.

“Hey Cyborg, long time no see.” I greeted with a curt nod.

TBC

The end isn't actually supposed to be about the Cyborg but I just decided to place that there as well. But that's really the end of what I can write for now.  :nervous Give me a few days/time to write the next chapter. Hopefully it won't be long since long chapters drain me.   :( Looking at a chapter posted and you see that it isn't that long compared to Word also drains me.  :( Anyway, few days, few time.  :) Oh yeah. I'm posting fics as well at TUMBLR. It's only one so... :nervous Links on the tumblr word.  :lol:

Next Up: Mariko and Smiles get into a heated argument that made Mariko walk out to clear her head. She ended up buying Haruna a phone (FINALLY) but then get the surprise of her day when someone unexpected calls her. Dun Dun Dun. Whoever that is?! It's karma!  :lol: Coffee high. See you guys and thanks for reading! :)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:46:34 PM by FoF »

Offline yanouchi

• MariHaru Love Hunter!!
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)人(бвб)
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 23: Karma's a BEACH! (Part 1))
« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2013, 01:06:08 PM »
gosh! this forum having server crash...when FoF-san update!? seriously?
BOOKED!

When i noticed the title change "Chapter 23...i was...

for a while XD.....

Seriously FoF-san, I read the flashback scene 10x than MariTomo scene....XD,

"Oh and did I mention that it’s lacy?"
Yeah, like 5 times you mention it Mariko...XD...Mariko's PV get worst....but for us its a good news...XD...

So Mariko in this chapter shows a lot her caring side to her gf...amazingly she been monitoring Haruna quite a while...

and its nice of her trying to figure out how to spend time with Haruna.....aaawwhhh why damn romantic Mariko you.....!!! *poke* *poke*

Theres so much doki-dokiness in this chapter...the nudging scene, holding hands, the blush, the grin, the smile, the PINK ERASER, the lips...

aaaahh!! the LIPS!! its coming on the next chapter right? i hope i can maintain calm....huh, really?

Owh FoF-san don't make that DUN DUN...hope it’s not as serious as it sounds....XD

Anyway...again great chapter FoF-san, i love it a lot!!

Take care and stay healthy FoF-san *hugs + pat on the back*

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:50:51 AM by yanouchi »

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »
WHAT? UPDATE? YAY!!!  :shakeit: :shakeit:

booked for now. Submission deadline for assignment on day after tomorrow and I'm barely done  :panic:

Finally done with the paper (almost, actually) LOL. So I figure why not a little comment for my most awaited update from FoF-sama  :fap

So... HAHAHA Fang, (oh man I'm calling Tomochin with FANG when I usually call her CHIN HAHAHA), I'd like to see an alternate world where she is the close friend of Mariko instead. WORLD OF SCROOGES  :twisted:

Then the MariKoji scenes...... NOOOO I HAVE BEEN DECEIVED.  :angry: *is whacked* So... no kiss. *dejected* BUT FULL OF MARIKO'S PV HAHAHAHAHAH. GO FOR IT MARIKO  :fap  The 21 questions part is cute but..... HARUNA Y U SO PURE BUT THAT PINK ERASER PART. I started to wonder if she even got what Mariko actually means with that pink eraser.  :rofl: like.... PINK ERASER SERIOUSLY. LACY PINK ERASERS  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And then THE ACCIDENT ON THE STAIRS HAHAHAHAHA. I was so surprised when Haruna leaped at Mariko (did she?) and caused their fall at the stairs which ended in UGH AWKWARD position but she didn't even realize, poor Mariko. That must be painful  :rofl:

Next hmm.... Fang's breakdown. I was like.... AWWWW LEMME GIVE YOU A HUG. TAKAMINI YOU IDIOT  :angry:

Hmmmmmmm last thing. CYBORG. I wonder if the cyborg is that someone who's usually addressed as the CYBORG? Can't wait for the next update :roll:

I hope there's nothing I left in the comment  :oops:

I DID FORGET ONE MORE THING  :bleed eyes:

About Fang asking for a date with Smiles... Haha, must be some kind of her plot device to make Takamini jealous but I wonder how Smiles would react to that proposal.... and Mariko already disapproved it, too  :nervous

OOKAY, I guess the next update will be a long wait again? SO maybe in the meanwhile I can re-read this for nth time to help me gaining some inspirations for my own fics. Yeah, right.  :panic:

Ps. MID-TERM EXAM NEXT WEEK  :panic: :panic:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:46:22 PM by Yuki88 »
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline AoiShiori

« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
Is this for real?  :shocked
I can't believe it. It's an update :))
I'm jumping for joy  :cow: I don't know if that counts for jumping hehehe

It has been a loooong time since I've read a mariharu fanfic chapter and this just ignites my shipper heart.
It was a jumpstart that I have been longing for.

For the story, all can I say is: it's so fluffy I'm going to die :)

By the way, I'm done with my research and I passed. Yey! :)
And to you too, good luck with your work. I know you can do it. :)

Thank you sooo much fof-san  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:59:16 AM by AoiShiori »

Offline JaneDoe05

« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »
I'm kinda of new to this, but i really love your fic! Keep it up!
I hope there'll be even more mariharu scenes soon  XD

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2013, 05:23:57 PM »
AN UPDATE! :shocked OMG!!! :w00t:

[EDIT]: I did say that I would edit it the other night; I kind of forgot about. :nervous :lol:

Wow :shocked! This is one hell of a long chapter; but sill love it!!! XD

Anyway, Mariko losing even more than before :smhid but that's a good thing thought :lol:. She's becoming more romantic and she didn't even notice it :lol:.
Mariko and Haruna are getting more ridiculously adorable :wub: Honestly, I didn't expect for Mariko to be this much of a pervert; she's becoming more perverted day by day. XD :lol:
Seriously...pink erasers? :lol: Can't stop laughing at that so much :P. Mariko is such a good girlfriend wanting to spend much more time with Haruna that Haruna became so happy and hurt Mariko instead. :lol: Looks like Mariko wants to kiss Haruna so badly now. AH! The rest of the precious chapters! :banghead: You have to get the next chapter done soon.

Takamina and Tomochin are having a hard time now? :smhid They should really talk about it. I really can't imagine Takamina actually flirting with anyone.
I feel bad for Tomochin though; wants to get what MariHaru have. She would get it soon.

Yeah I have missed you lately *returns cyberhug* :lol: Coffee high huh? I know what you mean; I've been there too. :lol:

Please update as soon as you can! :)

...ARGH!!! I wanna know the next chapter now!!! :P :lol:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 03:46:07 PM by RJay »
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline noah minami

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina ! kojiyuu ! kaixacchan! mariharu!
    • NoahLee08
    • noahminami
« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »
woahhh~ an update.. I really excited when I read ur reply for the update... :cow:
I LOVE MARIHARU SCENE!! :inlove:
haha.. :lol:
sure looking forward for the next part...YEAHH~~  :thumbsup :yossi:

Offline heomagic

« Reply #296 on: October 24, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »
Oh my god... you know what FOF, when I was working and saw your update, I wanted to scream, I wanted to quit right away and go home to read it. My boss looked at me when I was laughing to myself all day like I am a weirdo, she asked me what happened... and some things like that(can't remember), even my colleagues... ^^ . Anyway, thanks for the update. Again, you made my months worth. And why do you feel bad? Please, you can make it into 30k something if you want, I wish I had the rest of your writing (more than 10 pages now, yeah?) now, really... Dying to find out what happen next T.T .

Thanks again for the update. Wish you have a great day and waiting for your chapter 24. Take care.

(P.S: if tomorrow my boss fire me for this issue, I think I will have more time to read it again and again :D )

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #297 on: October 24, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »
ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL
Yeah, that's my reaction  XD I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this  :cry: I've read this 3-4 times already when you post it  :P

Offline theblueknight

• Theblueknight a.k.a oneyugigirl fan of Hatsune Miku/HANDMC/AKB48 and Im IN LOVE with Shinoda Mariko mi linda esposa(waifu) <3
  • Member+
  • love knows no gender
« Reply #298 on: October 25, 2013, 03:58:19 AM »
AY! no tengo idea donde empezar!!! (I have no idea where to even begin...) but I guess ill go with hey! long time no see here no? miss ya here  :twothumbs I am glad you came back even if its for a little bit  :) I wanted to respond to this chapter yesterday but I was not myself... to tell ya the truth the highlight of my day or night yesterday was you putting up the next part to this awesome story! so thanks for cheering me up I was really upset yesterday and well as soon as I saw alert message I came over here and read it... you really made my night that's for sure! so thanks my friend as always you always have interesting timing when updating your story seriously thanks  :twothumbs oh and BTW the pigion I saved I named him Riku because of you since you love haruna so much :P that and I love Mendol Ikemen Idol anyways back to the story I think I may need to reread the story again  :nervous seriously  I forgot who whitey was  :panic: ... :smhid and other things that happen in the story so yeah will need to reread everything but that okay I love this story either way so no problem  8) so what is up with Mayu being in this story? please don't tell me it going to be one of those Mayuki pairings things I hope not :shocked I don't hate the pairing its just like when you eat the same thing all the time you will get tired of it ...that's what happen to me I read fics that had them as extra pairings and some only revolving around them and well I m tired of them :P anyways what else? as yes Haruna wanting to work at DAFUQ (Did I get that right?) and Mariko not wanting her to overwork herself wow that was a lot for her to go and say that since well she was and still kind of is a scrooge no? and Mariko wanting to go on dates with her and wanting to go help her with her volunteering that was a shocker!!!  :w00t: and then the "Butt" accident poor Mariko that's got to hurt and I should know I had that happen to me a lot of times   :cry: but anyways you really got me there dow I seriously thought a kiss was going to happen even though you said there wasn't going to be one in this chapter... :doh: And another thing whats up with fang saying that about miichan being in love with Mariko? I didn't really think of that this time around since its a Mariharu fic so now you got me wondering over here  :sweatdrop: . Also I want to see fang happy with Bakamina seriously I am feeling like wanting to go into the story and B-slapping Bakamina for being a big dummy!!!  :angry: maybe even giving her a kick!  :kickass: seriously frustrating!!! . Anyways two last things (and no I am not going to talk about the kiss) first when is Mariko going to bring Haruna to her family's house?  and last When is Mariko going to give Haruna a dam cell phone!!!  :angry: Well that's all I wanted to say and hope to catch around you know where on those very rare occasion  :P and I love this chap and good luck with your work :) say hi for me if you get a chance to you know who ....miss M.I.A that I seem to miss a lot  ;) and drink an extra cup of coffee for me please since I cant drink coffee anymore its been 2 months now  :frustrated: :err: :fainted: :gyaaah: :pleeease: :imdead:
Spanish original name es mary es mi amor por leo dan:
Mari(mariko)es mi amor, solo con ella
vivo la felicidad yo se que nunca a nadie
mas podria amar, por que la quiero de
verdad por eso mary por favor dame tu
mano continuemos siempre asi
despues de todo que mas te puedo
pedir si soy feliz...muy feliz.
Si un dia me faltas tu que
Dios me ayude a morir ya que
no volvera a hacer en esta vida feliz
sin ti mari...sin ti mari...si estoy
viviendo por ti... 
--------<@
English ver dow originally name mary is my love by leo dan :
My love is Mari, just with her
I live in happiness
I know I will never again
fall in love with nobody, because I
feel a true love Because of that,
Mari, give me your hand we'll
forever continue this way After all,
what can I ask you more if I am happy...
very happy If one day I will miss you,
God help me to die ,
without you Mari...
If i live my life for you...  -----------<@

Offline Haru_Jei

• Member+
« Reply #299 on: October 26, 2013, 02:39:25 AM »
This is my first time to type a comment in this topic. :)

My brother suggested me to read your fics such as Price of Fame, Basket Case and others, and I have officially become one of your fans XD. I was amazed by your ideas of your stories that made me want to read more and more XD.
You're one of the reasons why I joined this forum and started writing. :lol:

Anyway, about this chapter, outstanding job! :twothumbs

Mariko-sama being a considerate towards Haruna about her not wanting to work together because of her hectic schedule despite wanting to spend more time together for their alone time :wub:.
Mariko is becoming more of a pervert than I ever expected her to be :lol:. Pink lacy underwear! Pink erasers! Kissable lips! :smhid :lol:. Haruna is being all innocent and all; aww, how cute.

I hope Tomochin would try to talk it out with Takamina and also become happy together. :)

I think the 'Cyborg' at the end is definitely Watanabe Mayu since she was always called as Cyborg Girl. :? :)

Thank you very much for this chapter, I really enjoyed it :).
Please take your time writing you next chapter, I'll be looking forwards for your next update! XD

PS: I think you can guess who my brother is in this forum. :)

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Sakana