JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sam Hui - The Private Eyes

Author Topic: The Yaguchi Mari thread! (矢口真里)  (Read 210034 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Yaguchi Mari thread! (矢口真里)
« Reply #700 on: January 20, 2013, 12:58:35 AM »
Happy Birthday Gooch!

Finally reaching 30
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #701 on: January 20, 2013, 03:31:04 AM »
Mari san, お誕生日おめでとうございます!!!!

Happy Birthday to beautiful and cheerful Mari! Hoping the upcoming year
brings her much joy and happiness!!

A variety of looks over the years, but always a wonderful smile and laugh:

This clip was posted in June 2008 by testdesu22 (Arigatou!!),
and the actual clip itself is even older, but it is a great example showing how
when Mari shows up, her laughter and smiles can make
any segment she appears in worth watching. Smiles
break out anytime Mari is there!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #702 on: January 20, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »

YAY!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARI!!!

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #703 on: January 20, 2013, 05:22:55 PM »
HAPPEE BURFDAE, YAGUCHI!!! :cow: :shakeit:
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #704 on: May 12, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
Hope her husband doesn't get jealous. :P

130315 「ハンサムキッチン18」 秋元才加—在线播放—优酷网,视频高清在线观看

Then again, assuming that he doesn't already does, maybe he should just learn to cook.

PS. if the video shows up as "blocked"/"will only play in mainland China" for you, just open up Chrome, get the following add-on, and it'll play.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unblock-youku/pdnfnkhpgegpcingjbfihlkjeighnddk?hl=en

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #705 on: May 24, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh this ain't good. :(

Yaguchi apologizes for illicit affair
JAPAN TODAY - Entertainment
May 23, 2013 - 12:57PM JST

TOKYO —

Former Morning Musume singer Mari Yaguchi, 30, has apologized for having an illicit affair. Yaguchi apologized for the misdeed on her regular TV show this week.

Josei Seven magazine reported on Tuesday that Yaguchi’s husband, actor Masaya Nakamura, 27, had come home one day in February and found Yaguchi in bed with Kenzo Umeda, a 25-year-old model. Nakamura and Yaguchi have been living separately since then.

Meanwhile, Umeda has deleted his Twitter account, as well as his personal blog.
Japan Today
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.japantoday.com/category/entertainment/view/yaguchi-apologizes-for-illicit-affair

OTHER ARTICLE LINKS -
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/former-morning-musume-member-mari-yaguchi-apologizes-for-illicit-affair::14061.html
http://majide2ch.blogspot.ca/2013/05/mari-yaguchi-cheated-on-her-husband.html

:(

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #706 on: May 24, 2013, 04:42:59 AM »
This is disasterous for her.  Not to be overreacting in such ways but it was just a horrible decision on her part :smhid :smhid
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #707 on: May 24, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
Gotta say: this is wild, wacky stuff...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #708 on: May 24, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »

It took YEARS for me to overcome disliking her for having a scandal during Rika's graduation tour and throwing a dark shadow over it. And now she does something like this. At least she can't hurt Morning Musume this time.

Cheaters are losers :/
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
« Reply #709 on: May 24, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »
yes, Yaguchi is a fun entertainer, she sings well, but for some reason I'm not so surprised by this news.  One thing that must suck as a public figure is having that much exposure in something as personal as your relationship. 

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #710 on: May 24, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
- Really hadn't realized she's turned 30 already - makes me feel OLD!    :P

- So she's a horny li'l vixen who wasn't satisfied with one guy?  Don't judge her too harshly, I think there are more women around with this problem than we realize   :shocked

- Yes, I do believe in the ideal sanctity of marriage and committed relationships - but she is far from alone in this particular transgression   :thumbdown:

- Silly girl for taking her lover home to her marital bedroom.  Silly, silly Mari   :smhid

- She was never top of my list in Momusu, but I always had a soft spot for the cute li'l thing as well   :oops:

- Guess after this H!P will totally cut her adrift?   :?

Offline initial

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • T.I.N.T. state of mind
« Reply #711 on: May 24, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »

- So she's a horny li'l vixen who wasn't satisfied with one guy?  Don't judge her too harshly, I think there are more women around with this problem than we realize   :shocked

If he had cheated on her (and I'm sure he had the opportunities) society would call this guy a punk, a sex addict; but when it comes to a woman it's her sexual liberation.  It's foolish.  If you wanna 'cheat' in a relationship it's not that tough to have a open talk with your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife about it.  Mari got caught, on their bed, with this chump and now she'll face some(possibly no) shame, which her husband would have faced if he had done it.  reminds me of a certain Bella Swan broad cheating on her boyfriend with a director, and yet society forgot about it.  if he had done it, he would be a jerk.  But that's what fems and their radicals worked so hard harassing the media have done.     

I hope that guy gets alimony from the divorce.  Or if he's able to forgive her and they stay together, wow!  I would be impressed he could look passed her error. 

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #712 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »
Wait, I didn't realize Yaguchi's scandal came out the day after Reina's grad or so.

So she DID manage to cast a shadow over another MM graduation with her fucking about... Poor Reina...

For fuck's sake...

I'm a fan of MM but I sure ain't a fan of Yaguchi

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #713 on: May 25, 2013, 12:32:24 AM »
Wait, I didn't realize Yaguchi's scandal came out the day after Reina's grad or so.

So she DID manage to cast a shadow over another MM graduation with her fucking about... Poor Reina...

OMG, you're right Shirenu... this is so spooky!  I am sure she did not plan to get caught, and yet yes, again, her scandal hits at just that time!

Yikes!   :cry:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #714 on: May 25, 2013, 12:36:07 AM »
I don't think it's fair or right to blame Yaguchi for "casting a shadow over another graduation"...I mean, yeah, this wouldn't be an issue if she didn't cheat in the first place, but come on, the incident happened in February and it's only now that the news broke out; I really don't think such timing was her choice, especially since it's her private life. I'm sure she'd rather not have anyone know about this at all.

- Yes, I do believe in the ideal sanctity of marriage and committed relationships - but she is far from alone in this particular transgression   :thumbdown:

I understand feeling a bit defensive for singling her out, and we know there's gonna be people treating this incident as worse than it actually is (especially since this is Japan we're talking about--I hear the guy she cheated with already got fired from his agency over this, which I think is pretty fucked up), but let's be real: Mari did a bad thing. She committed herself to someone, then proceeded to break that commitment in a really ugly manner, so she definitely deserves some judgment over this.

I just hope everyone involved can find a way to settle things and move on, whether it's divorce or reconciliation or whatever.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #715 on: May 25, 2013, 01:54:22 AM »
Assuming that Mari is admitting her misdeeds by apologizing on her show, then she owns her share of resposibility for creating a hurtful mess. Even in bad situations, good can come out of it, so I hope things will improve for Mari and her husband, whether they stay together or part.

And I have to call 'bullshit' on the idea that men get punished for having affairs and that somehow society has been
fooled into totally accepting that women are okay when they commit adultery. Women, by far, get hit heavily with the 's_ut' card all the time,
whereas men are excused for 'just being a man'.  This is not in reference to Mari and her husband, but in general.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #716 on: May 25, 2013, 09:37:23 AM »
I don't think it's fair or right to blame Yaguchi for "casting a shadow over another graduation"...I mean, yeah, this wouldn't be an issue if she didn't cheat in the first place, but come on, the incident happened in February and it's only now that the news broke out; I really don't think such timing was her choice, especially since it's her private life. I'm sure she'd rather not have anyone know about this at all.
I think it's rather fair to blame Yaguchi... Because ever since joining this business, it's become her responsibility to not only think of herself when making choices,  but to think of others it might affect. And this is what she's been really bad at because her carelessness has lead to bringing negativity to two MM graduations already. No other member, current or past, has managed that, even if others have had their share of scandals (Nacchi, Aibon, Goto?). Is it fair for her to carry this responsibility? In the end the it's not asking much; I think it's fair to expect someone to act like a decent human being whether they're a celebrity or not, and she hasn't been doing that. We're not expecting miracles from her, just not cheating on her fucking husband would be a good start. Other people like Rika-chan, Yossi, Kei-chan etc. have been able to hold on to this responsibility, so clearly it's not an impossible task to live reasonably.

Joining MM is a life sentence... of being expected to behave well. I don't think that's such a horrible life sentence, especially now that graduating means you can get married and have children. You can even disappear, if you wish (see: Eririn). If you enjoy the benefits of being an ex-MM member, then you better give something in return, aka think a little bit how your actions might affect others. But I guess thinking isn't really the strength of some ex-members.

Offline TommyVD

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #717 on: May 25, 2013, 01:24:15 PM »

While I personally don't care at all about their personal lives, it does annoy me when it affects the current members. Japanese newspapers ran this news on the same pages as Reina's graduation. As someone who goes with the flow of graduations and auditions without much complaining (that's how the idol world rolls after all) and always tries to support the newbies (because lord knows they need it more), things like this just rub me the wrong way.

To me, Morning Musume OG's (I'm talking pre-5th generation) always seem quick to scold or offer "advice" to newer generations (I remember a certain 15th anniversary special a while ago, where they were especially harsh on the newer generations), yet somehow they're always the ones to mess up themselves.

Not all of them mind you, but on the whole they don't particularly have a decent track record, nor have they always set a good example for future generations.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:36:22 PM by TommyVD »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #718 on: May 25, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »
Damn TommyVD, I was JUST writing a long rant about the EXACT SAME POINT. (On my computer, to myself, don't know where I would post it if I ever will.) Yes. You said it perfectly. They are so quick to give advice, but who are they to give advice, truly? Are these really the people we want to have giving advice to new members? People who got booted from the group for breaking idol rules? People who get caught smoking, plagiarizing, cheating on their husbands? It's ridiculous. The new members have a much better rolemodel right now in someone like Sayumi who is professional, ambitious, kind, and knows how to handle her private life (= out of the spotlight). I also like Rika and Yossi as rolemodels, and there are others, but I almost feel that the loudest advice givers are the worst advice givers.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #719 on: May 26, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »
I still stand by my assertion that this has nothing to do with Reina's grad and shouldn't be framed as affecting it in any way. Her current fame may be based on once being an idol and part of the idol system, but need I remind everyone that technically she's not anymore and hasn't been in years--this isn't like 2005 when she was not just a member but also the leader of Morning Musume. I think the idea of membership being a "life sentence" is unreasonable; otherwise what's the point of the Elder Club graduating? Shouldn't these women have a right to some sense of privacy and their own lives after sacrificing such things for so long? Yaguchi cheated on her husband, so of course she deserves to be called out for that, because obviously it's a shitty thing to do...but at the end of the day whatever happens in their bed should be their business and theirs only (as evidenced by the fact that we're only learning about this now).

Her status as a role model to still-current idols shouldn't be taken as simple black-or-white either. She and her contemporaries may have done their fair share of wrongdoings and are certainly not the ideal authority on how things work now, but that shouldn't erase their contributions to the craft and history. We should learn from what went wrong, but also remember to recognize/celebrate what went right--after all, how did we come to care about these people in the first place?

Japanese newspapers ran this news on the same pages as Reina's graduation.

So blame the newspapers for trying to overshadow the graduation. Again, the incident happened months ago and they're only reporting it now; what about their responsibility? If this is so newsworthy why wasn't it reported sooner? It's clear that someone wants to throw a wrench into H!P's current momentum, but it's not Mari. The idea that this is some kind of plot on her part to steal someone else's thunder is what I'm trying to argue against.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sam Hui - The Private Eyes