JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Zig Zag

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 240503 times)

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #820 on: July 22, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »
Beginners! - because I follow Gouriki Ayame  :thumbsup

GTO - Kawaguchi Haruna  :nervous

Rich Man, Poor Woman - because I like Oguri Shun XD

May drop Ghost Mama - currently fast forwarding to only Shida Mirai parts XD

Majisuka Gakuen 3 -  Yuria :peace: is the only saving grace  :nervous

Offline JennyReign

• ecchi
« Reply #821 on: August 25, 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
pcurrently watching Triangle. Been watching jdramas for years but this is the first cop/ crime genre i've watched. do you guys know of any good crime jdramas I can watch after Triangle? Thanks

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #822 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
Triangle is a great watch, and there is a lot of uncertainty that adds to the drama.

Okay, another interesting drama that is worth watching is
空から降る一億の星  / Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi (A Million Stars Falling From the Sky) {2002}
with Takuya Kimura, Sanma Akashiya, and Eri Fukatsu. Expect the unexpected.

Offline m00nchild

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Positive Mindset will Guide you to Happiness
« Reply #823 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
Rich Man / Poor woman - Rating seem high

Majisuka Gakuen 3 - due already watch 1 & 2 just seem any diff with 3!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #824 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:24 AM »
Mou Ichido, Kimi ni Propose. Featuring old-school drama vets Takenouchi Yutaka and Wakui Emi...

Offline miayaka

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • ツ twitter account got hacked pls unfollow
« Reply #825 on: September 15, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
Im addicted to Liar game before
but now Im currently watching Sabadol, its interesting..
Majisuka Gakuen 3 hoping that yuko and the others would appear as a Guest..

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #826 on: September 26, 2012, 10:43:25 PM »
Currently have a few unfinished shows lying around but the ones I'm currently focusing on/watching are Majisuka Gakuen 3 (of course) aswell as these..

• Mirai Nikki 8/11
  • Heaven's Flower 3/12
  • Sabadol 6/12
  • Sprout 1/12

I really want to finish them so I can start watching other stuff, but I haven't been watching much since last spring so got some catching up to do. Right now I'm looking forward to the Great Teacher Onizuka remake aswell as Kuro no Onna Kyoushi. Does anyone know if the latter one is any good?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #827 on: September 27, 2012, 04:37:17 AM »
I've only watched ~5 episodes of Kuro no Onna, Nothing too special. I'm probably gonna skip it.
GTO was a good watch, just finished it a few days ago. One of the best of the season. Go for it.

Offline opfer

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yes, the picture shows Laughing Octopus from MGS4
« Reply #828 on: September 27, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »
Re-watching the first season of Liar Game while waiting for English Subs for the new movie (Liar Game reborn).
I'm not a monster, it's only a mask.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #829 on: October 05, 2012, 05:41:58 AM »
Some recent watches, last quarter was not a good one for dramas. :sweatdrop:

Kuro no Onna, just so disappointing, had such potential to be among the year's best and just fell flat on it's face, only recommendation is to skip it.

Like YKT said above Ghost Mama^ was not a good series, started out somewhat okay but after that was just a poor series, thing I disliked about the most was how boring it was, only good positive about this drama is that it'll cure insomnia, while that was bad this other Yukie show was.....

.... absolutey fantastic, don't know why it took me so long to watch it, it's from 2009 so no excuses will suffice but this was such an entertaining, interesting, fast paced and somewhat mysterious show, Untouchable is highly, highly recommended.

Above one is Saijou no Meii from 2011, it seemed to be really good but watched it unsubbed, was easy enough to still follow but really can't give an accurate rating for it but it was an enjoyable watch regardless.

Was surprised this turned out to be a solid watch, figured all the fighting would drag it down, that happened in Be Bop High School and it really hurt that series, liked this one so much gonna watch the second season real soon.

Just did a rewatch of Control^, nothing really special about the drama but just one of the show that is such a fun watch, if you like either one of the stars then you really need to see it, even if you're not a fan probably a show which you'd like.

Now currently on the show, Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso, up to episode 5 and it's been an okay watch so far but just seems as though it should be better, bit too predictable at times and not enough suspense but still has been good enough, Satomi's dramas are like Yukie's, she does a good job in them but too many times the dramas themselves are not all that good, will be giving Rich Man a watch in the near future.

And about to give the above one a watch, Watashi to Kare to Oshaberi Kuruma, was only 2 episodes and aired the last two Saturdays.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #830 on: October 06, 2012, 03:13:54 PM »
吉野さん、ひさしぶりです!!

Great to see you back, have missed you here, friend!!!
  :cow:

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #831 on: October 06, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
Kuro no Onna, just so disappointing, had such potential to be among the year's best and just fell flat on it's face, only recommendation is to skip it.

I thought it was pretty good. Not a masterpiece by and means and it did drop in quality from like episode 3 onwards but I enjoyed how over the top it was. The best thing about it was the cast though. It might be "blasphemy" to say this, but personally I enjoyed it more than Gokusen (which is a similar drama in terms of layout). But ultimately shows that are very episodic tend to not be my cup of tea. Because episodes tend to feel pretty filler-ish. But I guess I can see why one wouldn't like this.

Re-watching the first season of Liar Game while waiting for English Subs for the new movie (Liar Game reborn).

They released subs recently and I watched Liar Game Reborn. For some reason I think this franchise works best as a 40min episode show. When it is in movie form they drag on the same game for about 2hours and there is so many betrayals and lies every 10 minutes. For me it's a bit too much. But still the movie was enjoyable enough and even though Erika Toda is one of my favorite actresses, I liked that she wasn't in this. Her story is pretty much done and it made things abit more fresh with that new girl who I liked. She did a good job and even though she played a similar role there was enough to differentiate her from Kanzaki Nao.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:46:23 PM by Phantom »

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #832 on: October 06, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
Watashi to Kare to Oshaberi Kuruma was bearable, good it was only two episodes, plot was a car's Navi system which was 'alive', :panic: bit hard to believe but Nanami was quite the character.

Current season just got into gear, know these will be watched, undecided about any others:

Koukou Nyushi, starts today.

Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo, starts on the 10th.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #833 on: October 15, 2012, 05:36:45 AM »
^^ Watched those plus Tokyo Airport, all unsubbed so going to put off watching any new ones until they (hopefully)do. :sweatdrop: Meanwhile just about to start this one for really no reason....

.... and doing a rewatch of this for at least the 5th time, one of those you can't understand why you like it but you just do. :?

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #834 on: October 18, 2012, 05:39:55 AM »
FYI: Both Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo and Tokyo Airport are being subbed, watched the first which was an enjoyable view, haven't seen the latter one yet but will, planning on watching the first 2 episodes together of that one.
Meanwhile started on this one, started off with a real solid show and looks like it's going to be a winner and surprisingly it's subbed, least episode one is.

Uh, for those that can't read katakana tell us what the title is Miori. :doh:

Offline XcuteX26262X

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #835 on: October 22, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »

Nakanai to Kimeta Hi

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #836 on: October 23, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
New season, another top-down. :)

Yuusha Yoshihiko to Akuryo no Kagi ep01-02 - More of the same awesome. :D

MONSTERS ep01 - Newbie cop tasked to partner with a troublemaker that everyone hates, while looking for evidence to kick him out of the force. Nice fast pacing even for a long-SP 1st episode. And for a cop/mystery drama, its awfully funny.

Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo ep01 - Country girl going to Tokyo to find her dad. Lotsa funny scenes. Probably a lot more great dad vs daughter laughs in the coming episodes.

Koukou Nyushi ep01-02 - Students(?) planning to cause trouble at a high school entrance exam. Nice cast. And the realism is kinda scary.

Hao Hao! Jiang Shi Girl ep01 - Kawashima Umika. Idol by day. Vampire Hunter by night. LOL. Cannot not keep watching this. XD

Kekkon Shinai ep01 - A few stories of singles and how the subject of marriage affects their lives. Pretty interesting.

Akumu Chan ep01 - Teacher helping a little girl who can see people's nightmares that turn into reality. It's actually pretty good, reminds me of Keiko's previous Mop Girl.

Perfect Blue ep01 - Detective Agency girl getting caught in murder cases. The story is alright, but the supporting cast is pretty weak. Which really hurts for shows like this.

Doctor-X ep01 - Another hospital drama. With Yonekura Ryoko doing her girl-power thing again. It's ok.

Tokyo Airport ep01 - New girl starting work at the airport's control tower. Nothing too special.

Ooku~Tanjou~ ep01-02 - Disease causing males to die, having a girl as the shogun and guys as... her guys. Very boring stuff. :banghead:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:16:57 PM by winner »

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #837 on: October 23, 2012, 06:45:32 PM »
There aren't many shows I'm interested in watching this season unfortunetly. The few ones are these...

• Hana no Zubora Meshi
~ Kurashina Kana plays a newlywed wife or something.
  • Sugarless
~ Yankee school fighting, might be fun, who knows
  • Tsurukame Josanin ~ Minami no Shima kara
~ Naka Riisa heads to some heart shaped island and creates a maternity hospital

But none of these shows are getting subbed as far as I know, at least for now. Even if they did it's nothing that really is like "OMGZ I MUST SEE THIS NAOZ!". Some shows I do feel like that about though are Clover and Sengoku Basara - Moonlight Party - From this summer, but they aren't getting subs atm either.

Still, I've got alot of old shows to catch up on and currently I'm watching Higashino Keigo Mysteries and Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #838 on: October 23, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
Oh yeah. I forgot to add Yuusha Yoshihiko to the list. haha! It's my must watch this season~
Clover and Higashino Keigo Mysteries I've only gone halfway. And I totally forgot checking Sengoku Basara. :banghead:
Tsurukame Josanin I watched an episode and gave up. :P

Sugarless I'm pretty interested in checking out too. :)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #839 on: November 26, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »
Episode 6 of both Private Blue and Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo, admit neither are going to end up in my top 10 but both are rather enjoyable series and completely different from each other.
Just started this one, looked to be quite promising and through 2 episodes it's lived up to it's promise, a late night show and most times they end up being the best.... Doku(Poison).

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Zig Zag