JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - 1!2!3!4! YOROSHIKU!

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 240240 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #700 on: December 01, 2011, 03:21:06 AM »
Don't know any other way to put it but this is one bad drama, :banghead: least bad in a way like 50's B-movies, episode 5 was fairly good thanks to a guest star but the rest.... :sweatdrop:

Offline jacklinesammy

« Reply #701 on: December 01, 2011, 11:58:14 AM »
After a long time begin watching!

And started "Kimi wa petto"!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #702 on: December 01, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »
After a long time begin watching!

And started "Kimi wa petto"!
Enjoyed "Kimi wa petto"....unusual premise, but good show! :twothumbs

and Koyuki played an interesting character......and she is still my favorite bartender:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #703 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:52 PM »
Q.E.D. was certainly a heard toil to finish but is complete, don't waste your time on it. :thumbdown: Now on to Misaki No. 1, thru episode 2, for sure a take-off of Gokusen but been a good watch so far.

Offline cielly

• ecchi
« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
I'm currently watching Arakawa Under the Bridge, and it's funny.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #705 on: December 10, 2011, 01:36:27 PM »
More than halfway through with IS(アイエス) ~男でも女でもない性 / IS (aiesu) ~ otoko demo on'na demonai-sei (IS - Neither male nor female)
Very well done, good script, great acting by all the actors. Human relationship drama of high calibre.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #706 on: December 10, 2011, 08:47:07 PM »
^^ Been curious about that show, didn't know what to expect, we'll be waiting for your final conclusion. :nervous
Misaki No. 1 faded right off, good acting by the adults as far as the school staff and hostesses went but the students, bleh, what makes them thing that being in a boy group means you can act, they usually can't. :twisted:
Not sure about the next watch, whittled it down to these 2.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #707 on: December 10, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
^^I watched a few episodes of IS but forgot about it in the surge of dramas.
Just finished it off. It's definitely a good drama. :thumbup

Ayame Goriki is awesome and lovable in it. :)
It's pretty crazy how she's doing all these unlikeable/bully-type roles in recent dramas, while continually making such a great impression.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #708 on: December 11, 2011, 01:15:03 AM »
^^ Ayame was was really an unliked character, Emi's too, in the Taisetsu drama, bit troubled she was too but seemed to have her head on straighter than anyone else on the show. :O

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #709 on: December 11, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »
Yeah, it makes her characters more realistic.
Out of all the actors doing evil characters I've seen, Ayame probably leaves the strongest impression. You just see her evil look, and you know she's gonna steal someone's boyfriend or break a marriage. :lol:
Another classic would be Saki Fukada in Life... aaaand it goes full circle~ :nervous
I probably like her acting these evil characters because they all end up having innocent intentions, making you go all warm and fuzzy "awwww~". :oops:

Looks like she's going back to being the good guy in the next drama, about teenage court:
http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/12/goriki-ayame-to-star-in-a-new-drama-series/

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #710 on: December 12, 2011, 12:08:24 AM »
Yeah Saki Fukuda's character in Life was Ichiban Uber-Bitch. :shocked:

She reportedly was a bit reluctant to play the character when she read the script, but she concluded that she should just give it her all, and she was fantastic in the part. :twothumbs

Which leads directly to this OPV created by YouTuber hatoriMeg697  dedicated to Saki's character Manami- with Saki's 2005 song 刹那バイバイ (Setsuna Bye Bye / Ephemeral Bye Bye).

Kii, be careful!!! :panic:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #711 on: December 12, 2011, 09:37:17 PM »
Deka Wanko was the next choice, not as off the wall as I thought it would be but thru 3 episodes much better than Q.E.D. :shocked

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #712 on: December 14, 2011, 07:17:50 AM »
Catched up with everything. Zenkai Girl was good, not as crazy good as I thought from guys comments here, but still very fun. :thumbsup

Shitsuren Hoken was ok. Another one of those weird japanese dramas.

The Ranma 1/2 SP was better than expected.
I particularly like how the male/female Ranma actors were able to keep the same feel after changing (you'know, some guys suck at this and just get all girly or classic-yakuza and forget the actual character...).
Course the comic/anime is better. But I think they got pretty close. Too bad it's only one episode.
Ryoga didn't even get to show up! probably got lost in some other TV station. :P

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #713 on: December 15, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
^^I watched a few episodes of IS but forgot about it in the surge of dramas.
Just finished it off. It's definitely a good drama. :thumbup

Ayame Goriki is awesome and lovable in it. :)
It's pretty crazy how she's doing all these unlikeable/bully-type roles in recent dramas, while continually making such a great impression.

I just finished IS tonight- Saki Fukuda and Ayame Gouriki were great- both had fine perfomances. But the whole cast is good, storyline is interesting and positive. Really touches upon how important becoming true to ones self is, and the value of human dignity and courage. A definite good watch to anyone who is wondering!!

Offline clear1985

• Member+
« Reply #714 on: December 18, 2011, 04:26:44 AM »
Mr. Brain <2009>
6 out of 10

i just wanna see Haruka Ayase
1. Risa Yoshiki
2. Ai Takahashi
3. Rina Akiyama
4. Emi Kobayashi
5. Nozomi Kawasaki

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #715 on: December 20, 2011, 08:20:57 AM »
Deka Wanko is complete and after 2 less than stellar dramas can finally give one a  :thumbsup . Not as wacky and silly as you would believe, actually it was a fairly solid police drama, :yep: no real stars in it but almost eveyone's face is familiar, considered it an A-list of B actors, they all did a good job. :)
Now on to this, finally the subbing of it just got done yesterday at DA, late night show which only had a 2% rating but think it'll be good. :nervous

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #716 on: December 20, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
^Arakawa is friggin loony. And they had such a crazy good cast...
It has some good spots here and there with the "believe in the unbelievable" storyline.

But, yeah, it has a lot of nonsense that might turn a lot of people off.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #717 on: December 20, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »
^^ Does appear to be a bit loony and silly but so far so good, at only 24 minutes an episode can zip thru it, already viewed 3 episodes. :O

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #718 on: December 22, 2011, 03:35:53 AM »
From this current season, I've been following Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu and Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de; still have to get the final episodes from this week.
I'm now wanting to start Kaseifu no Mita 'cuz I heard it hit 40% viewership for its last episode. :panic:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #719 on: December 22, 2011, 03:48:17 AM »
^^ Watched the first 3 episodes of Kaseifu no Mita, stopped because it was that good, :thumbsup couldn't wait a week between episodes, they need to be watched all in a row. :yep: If it did get a 40% in it's finale it deserved it, best drama of the year, also had the highest season rating of any drama since 2007, :shocked hope the TV execs realize what a good script/storyline and no J-Pop Idols will do for you. :twisted:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - 1!2!3!4! YOROSHIKU!