JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku

Author Topic: Gegenschein [Ch.18: Open] - 16/5  (Read 67204 times)

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Gegenschein [Ch.18: Open] - 16/5
« on: June 23, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »
Before I start, I know, I KNOW, I have other things to finish writing! But I couldn't resist the call of vampires. XD :P

As the Sandbox readers have voted, here is the prologue for Gegenschein, my new vampire story. The title is German for "counter shine", a kind of optical illusion. Look it up in wiki if you need to know more. :P

Alright, enough chatter, here we go~

====================================

Prologue

There are things that go bump in the night.

More than just the horror stories to frighten little children into obedience, more than the whispered tales at bars that bind men closer over beer...

There are demons that walk the night. Tread carefully, and stray not far from home when dusk settles.

You don't want to meet one up close. You might not even live long enough to regret it.

Trust me. I know.

I was one of them after all.

~*~*~

Normality was such a drag.

Pen to paper, rough drafts and notes scattered over an already littered table, fingers flying over a stained keyboard, the victim of one too many spilled drinks and bits of food. Toes tapped restlessly against cold tile, and she gnawed on her pen in frustration at the incomplete report winking back at her on the screen.

Her eyes her sandpapery and her brain was choked with rust. At least, that was what it felt like. She shook her head, hard. The deadline was in 6 hours, she couldn't afford to fall asleep now! Damn this paper for being almost half her grade for the class.

Why did I leave it so late?! Argh! I'm never listening to those two again!

Friends could be such a problem, no matter how much of a comfort they could be in better times. Her friends though, were hardly the type that were conducive to her keeping up her grades. One was always happily goofing off with her, and the other was no better...well, that one was annoyingly intelligent behind her "my brain is made of cotton candy~" bimbo exterior. She sighed out loud and glared malevolently at the screen, as if willing her report to write itself.

I hate being so average and normal and GAH!

She flailed around wildly when a huge bug flew right past her nose, pen flying in one direction, glasses in another, and her ass found the floor in about 2 seconds flat. She groaned piteously and covered her face with one hand. Now the rest of her body was hurting along with her head.

Great, life was just GREAT.

I hate you, Life! Oodles of hate! Bundles and crumples and humdingers of it! I hate being Normal!

The computer screen blacked out. She shrieked in wordless horror, scrambling up to try and save her work from complete obliteration.

Why does everything happen to me?!

Yup, normal life was just fine and dandy.

~*~*~

High places were nice.

She stuck her tongue out, tasting the wind on it. City air was full of toxic substances though, so she drew it back again. Not that they could harm her.

She was already dead, after all.

The moon hung heavy and pregnant in the night sky, veiled thinly in the shadow of wispy clouds. She looked up, a fanged grin visible on her pale, young face, dark hair arrayed wildly around it. The tip of her tongue curled around the points of her fangs, exploring almost playfully how they felt in her mouth.

More than 10 years and she was still fascinated by how they developed and were still developing in her mouth. She didn't know vampires had teething problems before, a fact she had soon discovered on her own not long after her entry into unlife. So many things she didn't know, and was still learning.

Geh, I don't need anyone...stupid Master...

Tossed aside like a plaything...she hadn't liked that. Still didn't. Rejection stung. But she clung on to her second chance at life stubbornly, not letting things get her down, surviving despite the odds, fighting tooth and nail against others that wanted to erase her for being what she was.

She could fight though. Fighting was what she did, what she was. She grew up fighting bullies twice her size on the streets, died fighting a monster three times her size and about ten times stronger who had wanted her for supper, and was revived by yet another demon who happened to pass by. And the first thing she had done upon waking up then was to claw at her Master's eyes.

Pfft, I just look small. I'm not weak.

Anyone itching for a fight would get one from her. Never mind that it would probably be their last, if they were human.

I'm hungry again.

The thought was sudden, as was the craving. Her nose twitched, catching the scent of blood in the whispery breeze. A low growl, animalistic and fierce, and blood red eyes.

She leapt, shadow on steel and concrete. It was a good night for hunting.

Too bad for those who were prey.

~*~*~

Don't change. I like you the way you are.

So that person said, smiling, and stepped into the flames.

She jolted from her light doze, upsetting the clear crystal goblet perched on the little table by that voluminous armchair she was currently ensconced in.

For a moment she forgot where she was, who she was, even what she was. Blissful incomprehension, for that one second, only to be broken, literally, by the shards embedded in the rich red carpet, winking innocently in the candlelight. A viscous drop hung perilously on the edge, before merging seamlessly with the heavy fabric below it.

Ah, that's right. I am no longer human.

Frozen into an eternal "now". That was what she was. Beauty crystallized into unyielding diamond, white as a marble sculpture, forever young, forever beautiful, perfection locked within an endless eternity, unchanging.

How many nights have I spent alone, counting the distance between us?

Every second, every minute, every nonexistent heartbeat that passed, putting her yet another step, another gasp away from her originator. Her cruelly humane, gently unyielding and oh so very beautiful master. He had set her free, and then locked her into another existence more inescapable than fate itself. Immortal, unchanging, inhuman and...beautiful.

He loved what he saw in me, so much that he bestowed his curse upon me.

So that her innocence, her beauty, would not fade and wilt in time as any mortal rose might. Innocence she no longer held, no more, not this way, but beauty she retained.

Live, and do not change.

His final command, before embracing the final rest, vanishing in a storm of ash and flame, his terrified fledgling left to face the darkness of the neverending nights to come, stretching endlessly before her until death would take her, or madness would.

She had seen many nights since. Some nights were light, filled with music and dance, laughter and carousing from those vicariously burning through their mortal coil. Others were painted red, so much so that they shaded into a deep darkness, tears and sorrow creating their own dirge as the moon winked out, covered by the clouds of war and misery.

Soon, it will be morning.

Night always came to an end, somehow. The day, a time of renewal, of fresh life, of change, for better and worse, running its course. A cycle as eternal as she was.

A morning that I shall face alone.

Once more, once again. Those who shared her immortality did not necessarily share her immunity. The sun was a blight to the others, the ones fresh into the eternal night. For one such as her, enduring the millennia had its rewards, such as being able to see the sun again without fear of dissolving into the ashes she should have belonged to, so many ages ago.

Master, why would you have me live while you chose death?

She could not cry, she would not. There would be no meaning for them now. After surviving all this time, she had learned to accept, even if she did not always understand. The alternative was insanity, and she would not betray the life she had been given, no matter how heavy the burden of eternity was.

Rising, she came to stand by the window, one pale hand reaching out to hover close to the crystal clear pane, dark eyes far away on the horizon, on that lighter patch of sky on the dark vistas, waiting for morning to return.

When will my morning come for me too, I wonder?

Until her own dawn broke, she would wait. As she had, all this time.

After all, time was all that she had..

Sunshine smile down, chasing away velvet night
Till sun returns, till sun returns
Until morning comes to embrace us all once again.

====================================================

Yay yay! New story! -runs around flailing like an idiot-

It's 2am. I'm hyper. Woo!

The last POV should be familiar to some. :P But eh, everyone else can try guessing who's who. XD And no, Yuuyami, you better NOT say who it is. XD Cos I already told you and it's not fair. :P And Sai, not a word out of you too. :P

Right, with that, I shall bow out. :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:17:12 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Re: Gegenschein
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 08:26:02 PM »
DIBS D<

Haha, so you finally chose to write it~  :heart: :heart: :heart:

-gives you another hardhat- Don't lose it this time~ D<

But yes, H!P + vampires = awesome xDDDDD. The second narrative is totally Reina, with the prissy + curious attitude and whatnot xD. I wonder who the master waaaas? Actually I already kn--bricked-

I'm looking forward to everyone's character development here xD. So far, we have a normie, a newb vampire, and a shinso, yaaaaay xD.

IWONDERHOWTHEIRFATESWILLBEINTERWOVENHMMMM -bricked-

Looking forward to more, Essy-chan~  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:36:22 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:34:31 PM »
I knew it. I am by no means a vampire fan but I just knew I would get sucked in (pun intended) As for guessing, first POV is Reina, second is Miki-sama and third is Ai-chan. Just my initial guesses. I'm probably wrong because I never think when I first read something.
Love it so far though!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
What the hell is it with you girls and vampires? :P

There are things that go bump in the night.
Too easy. :twisted:

Friends could be such a problem, no matter how much of a comfort they could be in better times. Her friends though, were hardly the type that were conducive to her keeping up her grades. One was always happily goofing off with her, and the other was no better...well, that one was annoyingly intelligent behind her "my brain is made of cotton candy~" bimbo exterior.
K, my guesses.
Main girl = Reina
Goofy girl = Eri
Cotton candy brain girl = Sayu.

:lol:

The computer screen blacked out. She shrieked in wordless horror, scrambling up to try and save her work from complete obliteration.
:temper:

His final command, before embracing the final rest, vanishing in a storm of ash and flame, his terrified fledgling left to face the darkness of the neverending nights to come, stretching endlessly before her until death would take her, or madness would.
So the vampire's sire killed himself? Why the hell did he do that? :?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »
Yey for new story!  :cow: And with vampires, which is awesome  XD
I have some guesses about who are the girls in this chapter, but they keep changing in my mind. The unlucky girl who's studying could be Eri or Reina, and the "new" vampire could be Reina also... The last girl... Maybe Takahashi?
Liked it so far  :yep:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:50:22 PM »
JFC's right - what is it with you and vampires? :P :lol: There are things that seem familiar in this story... hmm... Yuu, you are so bad at keeping things secret. :P

As for guesses, let's see. The middle "noob" has to be Reina (knowing your tastes). It's her style, plus what you mention about her being "small" kinda rules Miki or someone like that out. If I didn't know you better I'd guess one of the kids actually. :P Then again... you seem to have enough characters, anyone could be in here. It's a tossup for me as to whether Aichan is the student or the Ancient One, but with how you write her I'd guess the latter... The first might be Risa? A vampire love triangle would be awesome. ;)

This was a good length too - even if the chapters are long I'll do my best to keep up!  :D

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 02:52:01 AM »
This fic seems cool...the 2nd one should be Reina and my pick is the last narrator is Ai. Let me think about the other two..It's interesting how the characters interact and know each other especially with the schooling girl.

Hopefully when school term really starts, I am still able to catch up with the story ;) :P

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 03:29:15 AM »
Oh wow, another story  :cow: damn... i have my opinions on the girls but... I'm just not sure.

As for Vampires and girls.

Well at least for me... Vampires (most of the time) promise: sexy promiscuous characters, intense sexual seduction, smart dialog, interesting characters and... did i mention sexy promiscuous characters? 

I'm not a perv but I like characters with... well... chemistry ;) !
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:18:58 AM »
wow!
i have to read this again.
XD
im not good in guessing chara..so i guess i have to wait.. >___<
yay~ vampires~

vampirates are hawt too.. mwahaha..!!

Offline yanki07

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 10:51:11 AM »
awww~ vampires <3 great idea XD!

i think too, the second one is reina =P

the first one... let's see... she has one friend who's annoying and one with cotton candy brain... maybe kamei XD?

and i guess aichan is the last one... but...
that's mean XD pls post the next chapter soon, ne? so we see who they are, ne ^__^?

btw, i read all aboard since yesterday and it's great too XD!

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »
yay! firstly.......i'm a vampire fan...... :luvluv1: i just so love them......that if i encountered one of them, i would beg that she/he will turn me into becoming, of course a vampire!

i'm totally into your story i just hope that the characters were mikixaya.....haha

oh before i forgot.....update with your other story soon,,,,,,ja matta! :gmon hi:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 05:06:51 PM »
I'm back! Comment replies first. XD

Yuuchan: Blab more and I will murder you. Slowly and painfully. XD Just so you know. :P

strawb3rrykream: It takes too long to type your name. @_@ Can I just shorten it? XD I'm glad you got sucked in (haha) by the drama anyway. Hope to meet your expectations!

JFC: Ah, everyone's favorite reviewer. :P Yeah yeah, I have a vampire fetish. >_>; What, it's sexy! XD You'll see who is who in this chapter. Well, most of them anyway. As for why the vampire's sire killed himself...well, that'll show up eventually.

Grisours: Hi, I remember you! Haha. Well, you'll see if your guesses are right here, lol.

rokun: <3 Glad to see you here. I already told you stuff on AIM, so you know what I thought about your comment. XD Hope you can keep on reading!

tito: Mhm, character interaction will be fun here. I put a lot of work into it, so yup. ^^; Hope you like it!

poets: Totally agree with the sexy slant. I'll do my best to inject that into the story. ;) Well, it does depend on the situation, no? Hehe.

ringo-hime: Yes, vampires are hawt! :D

yanki07: Yay, hi there! You're new! And you read AA? Thanks. XD I'm glad you like my stories. ^_^

ayase909: I'm a vampire fan too! Lol, you bumped AA up, I remember. Haha, everyone wants me to update too...hehe...

Ok, without further ado...chapter 1!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »
Chapter 1 - Dusk

"Ah~ I'm SO tired!" That declaration was followed by a loud thump as a figure slumped over the wooden workbenches, a picture of utter exhaustion. Across from her, her two best friends giggled. Well, one of them giggled. The other made a sympathetic face and patted the prone shoulder.

"All nighter?" She asked knowingly, reading the dark circles and lack of bounciness in her usually more upbeat friend with fair accuracy. Then again, one didn't need to be a genius to read such signs. One look around the campus grounds would reveal an alarming number of people with similar symptoms. Deadline fever, the universal leveler...

The prone figure whimpered in assent, but was interrupted as the third member of their trio cut in with a thoughtful gleam in her eyes.

"You were awfully loud for someone this tired though, Gaki-san~" Said Gaki-san, otherwise known as Niigaki Risa, huffed and rolled her eyes, although she did not lift her face up to show it. She had gotten close to no sleep the night before, so she had every right to be tired. She needed 8 hours to be a healthy, functioning adult! All nighters were so not her thing.

"I'm not weird like you, Sayumin." Risa raised her head blearily and yawned widely. "I don't get how you survive on irregular hours the way you do..." She opened one eye to glance at her other friend, who had a spaced out expression on her face again. "Kame too, how do you two pull it off?"

"Yes." Kame, or Kamei Eri, agreed blandly without changing expression. Risa, used to the lack of elaboration from her spacey turtle friend, turned her look to one Michishige Sayumi instead. The self styled "ichiban kawaii" girl tapped her fingers on the table and smiled brilliantly as she translated the vague answer her best friend gave.

"We make up for it in other ways. Naps are good!" Sayumi flashed a peace sign and another mega kilowatt smile. Eri smiled vaguely again as she glanced over at Sayu. "Yes." Was her simple agreement, and the two clasped hands on the tabletop, neither seeming willing to let go any time soon.

Risa hit her forehead against the table again. Sometimes those two were just beyond her comprehension.

"Oh I remember now!" Eri suddenly burst out, returning, as it were, back to normal reality. Neither Risa nor Sayumi so much as blinked at the sudden burst of enthusiasm. One just got used to the dynamic they shared in time. After a while, they pretty much learned what to expect when certain personality markers showed up in their interactions. It was just a matter of adapting to the situation.

"I forgot to hand in my draft to my tutor!" Eri pounded the table with her free hand, eyes glassing over briefly as mild panic started to seep in.

Risa had no such qualms over such an act though. She was already halfway out of her seat and ready to haul Eri over to fetch said draft for submission, complete with horrified expression and mile-a-minute scoldings. Eri chuckled nervously, tugged by her panicky friend on one arm, but still attached to Sayu with the other hand.

"Ow..." Eri whimpered as she was stretched, since Sayu hadn't let go and Risa was pulling pretty hard. Risa immediately stopped to check Eri over, while Sayumi rolled her eyes at them, still maintaining her death grip on Eri's left hand.

"Oh chill, you two. No need to get so excited." The devil bunny-loving girl smirked as Risa started to protest, cutting off the older short with a raised hand.

"I already handed her draft in for her. I have a class with Suzuki-sensei too, so I dropped it off with him just now." Sayumi smiled beatifically. "Eririn was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't have the heart to wake her this morning, so I just went ahead and did it~" The youngest of the trio shot off her sweetest smile as she pulled Eri back down to snuggle happily with her.

"You're a lifesaver, Sayu." Eri beamed brightly, and Risa let out a sigh of relief as she sank back into her seat facing them as well.

"Sheesh...Kame, if you didn't have your usagi-chan with you, you'd be in big trouble." Risa shook her head with a rueful laugh. "What would you do without her?"

"Badly, I'd imagine." Sayumi sniffed just a bit haughtily, although her eyes betrayed a merry twinkle as she leaned her head on Eri's shoulder. Eri merely shrugged with a lazy smile on her face.

"There's always you, Gaki-san. You were the one reminding me of deadlines throughout first year the whole time, before Sayu made it in."

"Haaa....don't remind me." Risa stuck her tongue out at Eri. "You're hopeless, Eri."

Eri laughed. "Eh, I'm not that bad. It's not like I always forget...eh, do I?" The turtle girl pondered aloud, leaning forward to rest her chin on her hand.

"No, you just do it most of the time." Risa and Sayu echoed in unison, before staring at each other. Risa chuckled, rubbing at the light rash on the back of her neck. It was just getting too warm these days, and long hair wasn't helping her case at all.

"You must be rubbing off on me, Sayu..." Sayumi smirked and flashed another 'V' for victory, her own lustrously long and dark hair tied up in twintails. Her dark eyes were lively as she detached herself from Eri, though their hands remained linked.

"Hey guys!" She started brightly, even though she had only approximately 2 hours of sleep the night before. "Since all our deadlines are over today, why don't we go out and celebrate?" She beamed again, playing with her hair.

"Oh, count me out, all I want to do now is to sleep for 2 days straight." Risa waved a hand weakly in defeat, slumping back down on the table. Eri giggled, poking Risa's puffed up cheeks as Sayu snorted.

"That's not sleeping, that's hibernating!" Sayu joined Eri in poking Risa's cheeks, and their senior puffed them out again in silent protest. Eri then added on to her best friend's comment.

"You don't want to turn into a sleepy grumpy bear, do you? Let's go out and have fun, and then you can sleep!" Eri finished with a broad grin, and the pair seated opposite Risa looked like Cheshire cats up to no good. Well, more Sayumi than Eri, but you get the idea.

"Speaking of bears..." Sayumi began, digging into her purse absently for something, before triumphantly extracting the object. "Aha!"

Eri burst out laughing. Risa took one look and was suddenly re-energized into trying to scramble for the incriminating photo. "Mou! Give that back!"

"Nanana~ Gaki-san the pedobear~" Sayumi grinned evilly as she waved the photo with the words scrawled over it. Risa flailed around trying to get at it, but failing miserably. The little devil smirked again, tucking the photo back where it was safely away from prying eyes (and hands).

"If you don't want me to stick this photo on the announcement board, you WILL go to the party with us tonight." Risa groaned and buried her face in her hands, as Eri and Sayu gave each other high fives.

"Mou, you two...that's blackmail..." Risa whined as her friends marched over to her side and started packing up her things for her. Sayumi flashed another grin, winking roguishly at her.

"Whatever it takes, senpai...whatever it takes..."

~*~*~

The loud crack of splintering wood and breaking bone echoed through the secluded little alley, seeming prenaturally loud above the faint sounds of traffic further out on the main thoroughfare.

Pale fingers flexed on a small black gloved hand, making small flicking motions outwards as if to shake something unclean off it. Quiet sobs of pain emerged from the shadowy corner where the first impact had originated, murmurs of fear rippling in a palpable wave towards the perpetrator.

Booted feet clacked on dirty gravel, past yet another moaning form half hunched over, victim of a solid punch that had knocked the wind out of him. His partner lay wheezing in a pile of collapsed crates, clutching at his broken arm and whimpering pathetically. He flinched backwards as his assailant got closer, squeezing his eyes shut  in anticipation of more pain.

Only it never came, as that same gloved hand that had tossed him halfway across the alley simply picked up the bag that had slipped from his fingers, turning away with a contemptuous snort.

"Run." The terrified thug blinked at his sudden good fortune, scrambling up as quickly as he could to obey the low voiced command, holding his injured arm close to his body and tripping all over himself to make his escape.

"Amateurs." The only person left standing in the alley snorted, exiting the alley to find the wide-eyed little girl who was still on her butt, sobbing quietly in terror and cradling her scratched arm to herself. The child blinked in mid-sob when her missing bag was dangled in front of her face, and she looked up at the person holding it.

"Here. This is yours." The voice that had sounded so threatening in the alley had now modulated into a tone approaching gentleness. The little girl stared at her reflection in the mirrored sunglasses her savior wore, wondering why that big sister was wearing them when the sun had already set for the last hour.

"...thank...you..." The child stammered out, reaching out for her bag and making brief contact with the pale fingers holding it, feeling a strange chill as she did. With some effort, she climbed to her feet, though that stranger made no offer to aid her.

Instead, her own reflection continued to stare back at her, the sunglasses lending a certain inscrutability to that mysterious girl who had just saved her. If anything, the stranger seemed to be staring at something on her, lips pressed thinly together, the surface of her pale skin almost seeming to reflect the weak moonlight peeking through the dusty clouds above.

As she brushed herself off, the girl continued to feel that inexplicable sense of dread churning her stomach, her sense that something was just not right shrieking warnings at her and blaring sirens in her head. The crisp bite of cold night air had not yet settled in, but she felt chilled all the same.

Instinctively, she took a step backwards when the strange girl stepped forward, unable to repress the shudder that ran through her spine at the increased proximity. Dimly, she realized that her knees were quivering as she suddenly felt very small, even though the stranger wasn't very much bigger than she was.

A smile that was not quite a smile appeared on the face of the older girl, as she placed one cool hand on the little one's shoulder.

"Go home. It's not safe out here." Her grip tightened, ever so slightly, on the small shoulder, as if reluctant to let go, but quickly pushed the little girl back, sending the child stumbling back a little under the force. "Quickly." The voice had lowered to little more than a growl again, and the little girl needed no more encouragement to start bolting.

Eyes hidden behind the shades watched her go, a peculiar mix of emotions flickering within them. Her ears pricked up at the whisper of movement behind her, the racing heartbeat and shallow breathing alerting her senses.

In a blur of motion, she was gone, and a switchblade plunged down into empty air. The hand holding it extended back to a stunned face, and the remaining thug who had been knocked down with a single punch before looked around in utter bewilderment.

He gasped out loud, stiffening as something abruptly choked his airway, eyes widening as he struggled against the iron grip on his neck, knife slipping from his hand as he tried to pry the fingers that were threatening to cut off his breathing.

"You know, I would have let you go if you hadn't tried to attack me." A voice mused from behind him, tightening that icy grip around the man's neck as he began to choke, spluttering and desperately trying to get a breath.

His assailant continued on conversationally as he started to suffocate, only dimly aware that he was being hauled backwards into the alley he had just come out of.

"Now you've gone and made me angry, and even though I'm not really that hungry, I won't turn down a free meal." Pale lips pulled back into a mirthless grin, revealing a set of elongated canines that appeared bone white against the dark.

"Itadakimasu."

~*~*~

"How did you get invited to a party like this?" Risa yelled over the noise of the party happening all around them. Sayumi waved back at her from the dance floor, indicating at her ear to imply that she couldn't hear the older girl. Risa rolled her eyes and moved closer to where her two friends were dancing with each other.

"I said, HOW DID YOU GET INVITED TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!" Risa bellowed into Sayumi's ear, making the younger wince, clapping a hand over the abused ear.

"No need to shout, Gaki-san. I heard you this time." Sayumi smiled ingratiatingly at her displeased senior, who looked as if she would rather be anywhere but here. Next to her, Eri latched onto the scowling Risa, pulling at her shorter friend's cheeks to make her smile (however awkwardly).

"Kame, stop that. You know it doesn't hurt me." Risa stated matter-of-factly, or as well as she could considering how her cheeks were being stretched. Eri grinned impudently and continued to pull playfully, as if trying to elicit more than just the usual bored response from Risa.

"Aw cheer up, Gaki-san. You just have to cut loose a little. It's the end of semester!" Sayumi latched on to Risa's other side, eyes alight with laughter. On the other side, Eri was also grinning goofily, and Risa felt any irritation she had with them or the place melt away.

"Oh fine. But I'm not lugging Eri home when she passes out later!" She waved a finger at Sayumi, who snapped at it playfully with her teeth. Eri protested from the side.

"I won't pass out!" Risa turned on her with a skeptical look.

"Oh yeah?" Eri nodded vigorously. "I slept through the whole morning and early afternoon before I met up with you guys! So I'll be ok for tonight!"

"Yeah, I calculated, she won't pass out until at least...1 in the morning." Sayumi predicted after quickly counting off on her fingers.

"So we better leave by midnight." Risa said decisively, snapping her fingers. Eri pouted indignantly at her friends.

"I'm almost 20 already, so stop babying me, you two!" Risa chuckled and patted the sulking Eri on the head. Sayumi giggled and pulled at the two of them, dragging the trio to the side away from the main chaos zone of the dance floor.

"You still haven't answered my question, Sayumin. How did you get invited?" Risa looked around the welter of college students massing in the club, where alcohol was flowing freely and not a few couples were already making out at some corners. And it was only 8 in the evening.

"This looks like a private party too..." Eri observed, snagging a drink from a passing tray, about to gulp it down before Risa snatched it from her to examine it first, ascertaining that it was really just fruit punch before returning it to the pouting Eri again. Sayumi winked outrageously again, blowing a kiss at them.

"Hi-mi-tsu~" Eri drank up as Risa raised an eyebrow, asking aloud half to herself.

"Do I want to know?" She paused, eyes sweeping the crowd again. "I probably don't want to know." She decided, answering her own question. She grabbed a drink as well.

"Now that annoying questions are out of the way, let's have fun!" Sayu clapped her hands together gleefully. She skipped back over to Eri.

"Dance with me, Eriiiiiiiiiic~" Risa had to laugh as Eri rolled her eyes, emulating the faux masculine persona that she had assumed the previous year for the drama production Risa had dragged her into, and Sayu squealed happily again as the pair mingled back into the dance floor. Risa looked after them, amusement twitching her lips as she sipped at her drink. Then she stared down at her glass.

"What is this?" It was better than any fruit punch she had ever tried before. She took another sip, and the liquid almost burned down her throat in silky perfection. Blinking widely, she sat back down at the nearest free seat she found, then looked around in confusion.

"This is good!" She beamed brightly, suddenly feeling less tired and grumpy from before, and continued taking little sips, not minding so much that she had been left alone again.

She jumped a little though, when another glass banged down on the counter somewhere next to her. Blinking owlishly at her neighbor, she realized that the gesture wasn't directed at her, and tuned in automatically to the conversation she had been ignoring ever since first sitting down.

"What the HELL is this, Eizan? I said I wanted the BEST for this party, and THIS is what you give me?" The young man pounded the counter again, his piercings jangling with the movement. Risa noted the state of his attire and concluded rather quickly that the boy was rich. As if the groveling attitude of the other guy next to him wasn't obvious enough.

"Sh...Shiro-sama!" The much larger male seemed to cringe under the wrath of the slimmer young man that was seething in front of him. "Is it the food? The drinks?" Eizan looked like he was about to cry. Shiro took a negligent sip at the glass he had banged down earlier.

"No, the drinks are fine. One thing you didn't do wrong, at least." He looked around the crowd. "Decent group you've gathered too. However..." His eyes narrowed as the music continued to pound along obnoxiously.

"What the HELL is this music! I said to get the best DJ in the city, no matter the price. I. Can. Afford. It." The last few words were punctuated with consecutive jabs against Eizan's chest, before waving at the sound system. "This is substandard trash! Playing on the best audio equipment available! What were you thinking?!"

Eizan cringed again, bowing ineffectually to his irate 'Shiro-sama'. He spluttered as he tried to explain, and Risa almost felt sorry for him. But then again, she sort of understood what this Shiro meant about the music, even though he was being an insufferable jerk about it. Whoever was running the system wasn't doing any justice to the equipment available to him at all.

"W-we contacted the best already! S-she's on her way!" Eizan managed to get out, obviously hoping that Shiro would be appeased. However, the spoiled young man frowned.

"On her way? A woman?" He glowered at his cronies arrayed behind the poor Eizan who was getting the verbal lashing. "I pay people to take time for me! Why is this woman late?" He scowled, the expression marring his otherwise handsome face. "And who the hell is this female DJ?"

"I can leave now if you want, Kanzaki Shiro-kun." A cold voice penetrated the cacophony flooding the background. Although the voice was not raised, it somehow managed to make itself heard well and clearly to those in that area, and the owner of that voice followed into the picture not long after.

Risa stared at the new arrival, her grip on her glass going slack as her attention was sucked in by that person. A similar effect seemed to ripple around the majority of the onlookers of the scene, and a small hush seemed to fall over the crowd. The commanding presence inspired instant respect, and even the arrogant Kanzaki Shiro seemed a little taken offguard by the sudden appearance.

"You...you are..." He stuttered, his blue tinted shades slipping down his nose. Eizan discreetly moved to flank Shiro's side, muttering to his boss.

"She's DJ Seirei. It took me a whole week to persuade her to even consider the offer. Not even the most elite clubs can get her to make an appearance half the time." Eizan seemed almost proud of his accomplishment in actually persuading the reclusive DJ to come over.

Shiro seemed to pull himself together, trying to present a cool facade for the woman facing him. He sized her up, mildly surprised at how such a small woman who barely reached his chin could project such an aura that had unsettled even him.

"Seirei, huh? I've heard of you." He smiled confidently, looking at her appreciatively. "No one ever told me you were this beautiful though..." He reached out to kiss her hand, but she slipped out of range smoothly, her motions tinged with an unearthly grace.

"Kanzaki-san, I do not take such advances kindly." The words were edged with steel, and dark eyes flickered over to where Eizan stood next to his boss. "I only came because Yuuhi Eizan-kun was so sincere in his approach." Her gaze was icy as she refocused back on the surprised Shiro.

"Appreciate your people more, Kanzaki Shiro. All the money in the world can only buy you sycophants, not friends." Her voice was soft, almost melodious, but it cut through the air like so many gleaming knives. Shiro seemed to pale even more as he met her piercing gaze, and he staggered back, trembling slightly.

"I will take my place now, Yuuhi-kun. I will honor my word." She inclined her head briefly before melting back through the crowd, heading towards the audio room. Shiro seemed to sink bonelessly down onto his seat, a trickle of sweat making its way down the side of his face.

"Shiro-sama! Are you alright?" Eizan seemed concerned, handing another drink to Shiro, who took it shakingly and swallowed it all in one gulp.

"So...that's the legendary Seirei..." He stared into the recesses of his empty glass. "Incredible...she's..." He shuddered again, before putting the glass back on the counter.

"I'm leaving, Eizan. Take care of things around here." Shiro pushed past his stunned crony, walking right past the silent Risa, who had been watching the whole encounter with widened eyes. She was no less impressed by what had just occurred, since she knew of Kanzaki Shiro, number one playboy on campus and possibly the richest student there. Having a multi-millionaire for a father had its perks.

That this Seirei person could just put him in his place so easily...Risa was impressed. More than impressed, when she noticed just how shaken Shiro was when he walked past her moments earlier. She didn't know what he saw in that woman's eyes, since her view of it was blocked by his back, but she had heard her words, and had agreed internally with them. That had been something that the rich boy Kanzaki had needed to be told, and Risa was glad that this DJ had been able to stand her ground against him.

The music seemed to change almost subtly in the air, leaving no doubt that a master had taken over the amateur's place. The party, which had sort of gotten a little sidetracked by the little ruckus caused by Kanzaki earlier, was slowly coaxed back into full swing by the undoubted skill of the new DJ. Risa closed her eyes, feeling the pulsing beat of the music, amazed how the difference made by the choice of music could influence the mood of the mob.

"Did you see that?" Eri gushed suddenly as she and Sayu made their way back to Risa, bringing the oldest of the trio back to earth as they joined her at the counter.

"What?" Eri gestured vaguely around, quite excited. "You were right here, you should have seen it even better!"

Risa blinked. "Oh, you mean the part where Kanzaki got told off? Oh yeah, I saw that." Sayu slid into the seat next to Risa, and Eri plopped down unceremoniously on her lap, still beaming brightly.

"Don't you think that was the coolest thing ever?" Risa had to smile at Eri's enthusiasm, nodding with a chuckle.

"Yeah, absolutely..." Her mind drifted back to the memory of Seirei's slim figure standing proudly within a circle made of Kanzaki's men. "Very cool..."

"I wonder who's that girl though, she must be really brave to just scold him like that." Eri mused, staring at the ceiling thoughtfully. Behind her, Sayumi also hummed thoughtfully.

"She was so cool..." The youngest agreed, thinking back to the strange sensation she had felt back when Seirei was staring Kanzaki down. "I think she's someone special..." Eri's head bobbed up and down, adding. "She's really pretty too!"

"Ha, but I'm cuter!" Sayumi puffed up instantly, and Eri pretended to frown at her. "No you aren't!"

"Yes I am!" The two pretended to squabble, bickering playfully and batting at each other as Risa looked on, amused by the scene, but gradually spacing out again.

Seirei...I wonder what she's like...?

One song phased to the next, pattering raindrops seeming to echo around the place. A dazed smile crossed Risa's face as she recognized the song.

Daydream, huh? Her smile grew wider. I like this person already.

In the audio room facing down from above the dance floor, the lone figure there smiled.

~*~*~

The (relatively) young vampire was in insanely good cheer. First, she had gotten to hit someone earlier, even though it had been a rather unsatisfying fight. Secondly, she had gotten a free meal out of it, and that was the main cause of her good mood. Because of that, she wanted to party, and now that she was well fed, it would be safe to hang out amidst a mass of warm bodies gyrating on a dance floor. The temptation to feed wouldn't be so compelling now that she was actually full.

"Reina wants to have fun!" She announced to no one in particular, although a startled rat darted across her path to seek sanctuary in the ditch by the side. The now eternally 18 year old Tanaka Reina grinned, fangs and all, spreading her arms as if to embrace the moon hanging in the sky above her.

Letting her senses spread out in an erratic wave starting from the center (aka, herself), she listened, wanting to pinpoint the right direction to head towards for a good party somewhere. She was in an area of the city that had the most active nightlife, so she had no doubt that she would at least find something to entertain her for the rest of the night.

Boring...boring...boring...oooh fun, but ugh feels weird... Searching this way was faster, although not always accurate. Still, it beat checking out each spot place by place. Tedium did not suit Reina, and she went out of her way to avoid it.

Her concentration was terminated abruptly when someone bumped into her, a strange buzz tingling through her at the contact. She scowled, growling low in her throat as she whirled around to glare at the perpetrator, who only muttered a halfhearted 'sorry' as he stalked off, clearly in a bad mood.

Reina frowned, half tempted to beat the shit out of him for bumping into her, but she was feeling charitable tonight and decided not to take offense.

She would have ignored him entirely too, in order to find a good place to go party for the rest of the night, but she suddenly clapped her hands over her ears when some of his thoughts started leaking to her.

Sometimes her powers were way too unpredictable...or just that this guy was thinking WAY too loudly. Reina briefly reconsidered her earlier decision not to beat him up. If it meant making his mind shut up...

However, she caught an interesting image from his thoughts, and suddenly that momentary buzz when he had bumped into her made sense. Sort of. She shivered all over, brimming with a strange kind of excitement. To be strong enough to leave that kind of power residue in a moment's contact...Reina felt her anticipation bubble up inside her again, eyes alight.

Interesting...so interesting...Reina must see this!

With a slightly maniacal grin on her face, the vampire set off, ready to crash yet another party.

The night is young! She whistled as she went, no fear of the night in her undead heart. After all, what could be scarier than herself?

Yes, unlife was just wonderful.

=======================================

There. XD That was long. o_o Not as long as AA eventually got to be, but still. :P Hope people can keep up with it!

^_^
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:45:17 PM by Estrea »

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: Gegenschein [Ch.1: Dusk]
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »
You can call me SBK, poets uses that abbreviation. Or you can use anything else you had in mind.

I really do like this story now. Gaki, Eri and Sayu are too cute! But I kinda feel this slightly rivalry between Sayu and Gaki. It's like they both wanna be Eri's best friend ever and wanna help her with all the things she forgets. But Eri seems to like and appreciate them equally. And this pedobear shot of Gaki is very intriguing!! :hiakhiakhiak: And Reina, huh? So she's a vampire who likes to beat people up.....and suck blood, obviously. She sounds entertaining! :lol:
Can't wait for more!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 06:42:04 PM »
Aww, that wasn't too long! Though it did take me a little while to read. :) The Reina and party parts went quickly for me... I see that you like exposition, and I got lost in that a little in the first "trio" scene (XD), but I suppose that's necessary. :)

Aww x 2, Reina's a vampire with a heart, huh? Giving the bag back to that poor little girl.  :love: Such a sweet violent nightwalking murderer... uh... yeah.

The old vampire is a DJ? :mon roll: What is it with too-cool-for-life vampires and their emo music tastes? XD Wish I knew what "Daydream" was, or I'd maybe be able to comment more intelligently on it. :)

So, obviously Risa had just come under this "Seirei"'s spell, and I'm looking forward to Reina joining the party as well. :mon yoyo: Was that last smile from Seirei for Risa? :? And to think she didn't even think she belonged at that party. :mon misch:

I wonder what the night after this dusk has in store for each of those girls...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:57:36 PM by rokun »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 07:17:22 PM »
xDDDD And you accuse ME of being a blabber?! Rokun did it worse than me~ xDDDD

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Anywho xD

I love Risa, Eri, and Sayu's interactions with each other xD Typical college students, yaaaay. Deadline fever, noooo. xDD I may not be in college yet, but I certainly witnessed your deadline escapades xDDDD. Roffle at the pedobear joke xDDDDD Glad to know that my icon was well-received.

Anywho xD. This Seirei dj person is intriguing xD. Must be one hell of a person to make a prude like that rich guy shut up xDDDD Risa also seems to take an interest in this person too :3! I hope she meets her xD I wonder what a conversation between them would be like. xD.

Oh snap at Reina crashing the party xD. It will be fun watching her terrorize the party >D

Write moar~

<3

Offline yanki07

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 07:51:20 PM »
yaaaaay~ reina joining the party =D!
this will be fun  :heart:
and this seirei person...  risa is pretty interested in her, ne~
i love this GakiKameSayu triangle too  :D
but  think gaki will be with seirei in the end, so maybe KameSayu?
but kame has to be there for reina XDD! so TanaKame... and sayu?
maybe reina will share kame with sayu... rokkis do everything together, something like this ^_____^ *joking*

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 11:25:23 PM »
Well, I got one character right, Reina is the "new" vampire.
And Seirei... I have a guess as to who she really is...  :grin:
SayuGakiKame interaction is very cute, even though Sayu and Kame act like a couple sometimes, making Risa be a third wheel or something like that  :lol:
I hope Risa and Seirei meet soon!
Keep it up!  :cow:

Offline ijou_shinigami

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
Vampires!!
The Kameshige parts rocks, but It'll probably be Tanakame in the end
Is seirei an alias for another character? Like Takahashi?
Nice story so far

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 09:13:29 AM »
Yeah yeah, I have a vampire fetish. >_>; What, it's sexy! XD You'll see who is who in this chapter. Well, most of them anyway. As for why the vampire's sire killed himself...well, that'll show up eventually.
Pirates and sailors are sexy too.

Just sayin'. 

"Ah~ I'm SO tired!" That declaration was followed by a loud thump as a figure slumped over the wooden workbenches, a picture of utter exhaustion. Across from her, her two best friends giggled. Well, one of them giggled. The other made a sympathetic face and patted the prone shoulder.

"All nighter?" She asked knowingly, reading the dark circles and lack of bounciness in her usually more upbeat friend with fair accuracy. Then again, one didn't need to be a genius to read such signs. One look around the campus grounds would reveal an alarming number of people with similar symptoms. Deadline fever, the universal leveler...
Ah...must be nearing the end of the year. I don't miss those days, I tell ya whut.

"You were awfully loud for someone this tired though, Gaki-san~" Said Gaki-san, otherwise known as Niigaki Risa, huffed and rolled her eyes, although she did not lift her face up to show it.
Risa?!? :O

"I'm not weird like you, Sayumin." Risa raised her head blearily and yawned widely. "I don't get how you survive on irregular hours the way you do..." She opened one eye to glance at her other friend, who had a spaced out expression on her face again. "Kame too, how do you two pull it off?"
Okay, so I got 2 out of 3. Question is, between Eri and Sayu, was I right in thinking that Sayu was the "cotton candy brained" one? :P

"We make up for it in other ways. Naps are good!" Sayumi flashed a peace sign and another mega kilowatt smile. Eri smiled vaguely again as she glanced over at Sayu. "Yes." Was her simple agreement, and the two clasped hands on the tabletop, neither seeming willing to let go any time soon.
* JFC looks at the hands.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....naps.  O0

"I forgot to hand in my draft to my tutor!" Eri pounded the table with her free hand, eyes glassing over briefly as mild panic started to seep in.
Uh-oh. :O

"Oh chill, you two. No need to get so excited." The devil bunny-loving girl smirked as Risa started to protest, cutting off the older short with a raised hand.

"I already handed her draft in for her. I have a class with Suzuki-sensei too, so I dropped it off with him just now." Sayumi smiled beatifically. "Eririn was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't have the heart to wake her this morning, so I just went ahead and did it~" The youngest of the trio shot off her sweetest smile as she pulled Eri back down to snuggle happily with her.
Wooooooooooooo Eri was lucky that Sayu noticed and did that for her. :)

Oh, and...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
:hee:

"Since all our deadlines are over today, why don't we go out and celebrate?" She beamed again, playing with her hair.

"Oh, count me out, all I want to do now is to sleep for 2 days straight." Risa waved a hand weakly in defeat, slumping back down on the table.
Ah, memories.

"Speaking of bears..." Sayumi began, digging into her purse absently for something, before triumphantly extracting the object. "Aha!"

Eri burst out laughing. Risa took one look and was suddenly re-energized into trying to scramble for the incriminating photo. "Mou! Give that back!"

"Nanana~ Gaki-san the pedobear~" Sayumi grinned evilly as she waved the photo with the words scrawled over it. Risa flailed around trying to get at it, but failing miserably. The little devil smirked again, tucking the photo back where it was safely away from prying eyes (and hands).

"If you don't want me to stick this photo on the announcement board, you WILL go to the party with us tonight." Risa groaned and buried her face in her hands, as Eri and Sayu gave each other high fives.
Given the context of what "pedobear" is....XD

The loud crack of splintering wood and breaking bone echoed through the secluded little alley, seeming prenaturally loud above the faint sounds of traffic further out on the main thoroughfare.

Pale fingers flexed on a small black gloved hand, making small flicking motions outwards as if to shake something unclean off it. Quiet sobs of pain emerged from the shadowy corner where the first impact had originated, murmurs of fear rippling in a palpable wave towards the perpetrator.
Someone getting beat up? Mugged?

Booted feet clacked on dirty gravel, past yet another moaning form half hunched over, victim of a solid punch that had knocked the wind out of him. His partner lay wheezing in a pile of collapsed crates, clutching at his broken arm and whimpering pathetically. He flinched backwards as his assailant got closer, squeezing his eyes shut  in anticipation of more pain.

Only it never came, as that same gloved hand that had tossed him halfway across the alley simply picked up the bag that had slipped from his fingers, turning away with a contemptuous snort.

"Run." The terrified thug blinked at his sudden good fortune, scrambling up as quickly as he could to obey the low voiced command, holding his injured arm close to his body and tripping all over himself to make his escape.
Ah...an attempted (and evidently failed) mugging. But who's the mystery person? The vampire?

"Amateurs." The only person left standing in the alley snorted, exiting the alley to find the wide-eyed little girl who was still on her butt, sobbing quietly in terror and cradling her scratched arm to herself. The child blinked in mid-sob when her missing bag was dangled in front of her face, and she looked up at the person holding it.

"Here. This is yours." The voice that had sounded so threatening in the alley had now modulated into a tone approaching gentleness. The little girl stared at her reflection in the mirrored sunglasses her savior wore, wondering why that big sister was wearing them when the sun had already set for the last hour.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah...so those guys were mugging some girl, and then this other girl comes and beats them up and retrieves her bag for her.  Either this is our vampire, or it's just someone who's really skilled at fighting.

As she brushed herself off, the girl continued to feel that inexplicable sense of dread churning her stomach, her sense that something was just not right shrieking warnings at her and blaring sirens in her head.
Yeah...gotta be a vampire.

The crisp bite of cold night air had not yet settled in, but she felt chilled all the same.
Oh...AWESOME pun right there!
:cool1:

"Go home. It's not safe out here." Her grip tightened, ever so slightly, on the small shoulder, as if reluctant to let go, but quickly pushed the little girl back, sending the child stumbling back a little under the force. "Quickly." The voice had lowered to little more than a growl again, and the little girl needed no more encouragement to start bolting.
The unsettling thing is, the vampire could very well be talking about herself when she refers to the girl being in danger (especially if she hasn't fed yet that evening).  The fact that she helped the girl shows that she might actually NOT want to feed on her, but if her hunger is strong enough, she probably won't be able to control herself for very long if the girl sticks around.

Her ears pricked up at the whisper of movement behind her, the racing heartbeat and shallow breathing alerting her senses.

He gasped out loud, stiffening as something abruptly choked his airway, eyes widening as he struggled against the iron grip on his neck, knife slipping from his hand as he tried to pry the fingers that were threatening to cut off his breathing.

"Now you've gone and made me angry, and even though I'm not really that hungry, I won't turn down a free meal." Pale lips pulled back into a mirthless grin, revealing a set of elongated canines that appeared bone white against the dark.

"Itadakimasu."
Well, considering he's a criminal, it's not like it's that much of a loss if she feeds on him.  8)

Sayumi smiled ingratiatingly at her displeased senior, who looked as if she would rather be anywhere but here. Next to her, Eri latched onto the scowling Risa, pulling at her shorter friend's cheeks to make her smile (however awkwardly).

"Kame, stop that. You know it doesn't hurt me." Risa stated matter-of-factly, or as well as she could considering how her cheeks were being stretched. Eri grinned impudently and continued to pull playfully, as if trying to elicit more than just the usual bored response from Risa.
Playing with Risa's numb cheeks...yeah, that's cute. 
:mon lol:

"Oh fine. But I'm not lugging Eri home when she passes out later!"
Watch, she probably WILL have to.
:wahaha:

"You still haven't answered my question, Sayumin. How did you get invited?" Risa looked around the welter of college students massing in the club, where alcohol was flowing freely and not a few couples were already making out at some corners. And it was only 8 in the evening.
Part of the university (aka college) experience...apparently.

"This looks like a private party too..." Eri observed, snagging a drink from a passing tray, about to gulp it down before Risa snatched it from her to examine it first, ascertaining that it was really just fruit punch before returning it to the pouting Eri again. Sayumi winked outrageously again, blowing a kiss at them.

"Hi-mi-tsu~" Eri drank up as Risa raised an eyebrow, asking aloud half to herself.
Smart move Risa.  You don't really want to be at a strange party and just drink whatever you see in front of you without checking it first (especially if you're a girl or if you don't drink). Can't be too careful with the possibility of the drinks getting spiked.

One can't help but agree with Risa and wonder how Sayu learned and got the invite (if she even did) for this party.

Risa looked after them, amusement twitching her lips as she sipped at her drink. Then she stared down at her glass.

"What is this?" It was better than any fruit punch she had ever tried before. She took another sip, and the liquid almost burned down her throat in silky perfection. Blinking widely, she sat back down at the nearest free seat she found, then looked around in confusion.

"This is good!" She beamed brightly, suddenly feeling less tired and grumpy from before, and continued taking little sips, not minding so much that she had been left alone again.
Uh oh. Risa knew to check Eri's drink but she forgot to do the same to her own.
:OMG:

"What the HELL is this, Eizan? I said I wanted the BEST for this party, and THIS is what you give me?" The young man pounded the counter again, his piercings jangling with the movement. Risa noted the state of his attire and concluded rather quickly that the boy was rich. As if the groveling attitude of the other guy next to him wasn't obvious enough.

"Sh...Shiro-sama!" The much larger male seemed to cringe under the wrath of the slimmer young man that was seething in front of him. "Is it the food? The drinks?" Eizan looked like he was about to cry. Shiro took a negligent sip at the glass he had banged down earlier.

"No, the drinks are fine. One thing you didn't do wrong, at least." He looked around the crowd. "Decent group you've gathered too. However..." His eyes narrowed as the music continued to pound along obnoxiously.

"What the HELL is this music! I said to get the best DJ in the city, no matter the price. I. Can. Afford. It." The last few words were punctuated with consecutive jabs against Eizan's chest, before waving at the sound system. "This is substandard trash! Playing on the best audio equipment available! What were you thinking?!"
Hmmm...frat house party? Or maybe a party being thrown by the snobbish, spoiled rich kid of the campus?

"W-we contacted the best already! S-she's on her way!" Eizan managed to get out, obviously hoping that Shiro would be appeased. However, the spoiled young man frowned.

"On her way? A woman?" He glowered at his cronies arrayed behind the poor Eizan who was getting the verbal lashing. "I pay people to take time for me! Why is this woman late?" He scowled, the expression marring his otherwise handsome face. "And who the hell is this female DJ?"
Few things here:
a) Shiro DEFINTELY sounds like a spoiled rich kid.  He's probably been like that all his life. Coming from an affluent family, he's probably used to having his every demand fulfilled the way he wants it to be.
b) He's a male chauvinist pig (and remember this comment is coming from another dude)
c) Given what we've seen/read so far, it would not be at all surprising if the DJ in question end up being our mystery vampire from the mugging in the alley, and she's late because of said mugging, and subsequent "snack" that resulted from it.

"I can leave now if you want, Kanzaki Shiro-kun." A cold voice penetrated the cacophony flooding the background. Although the voice was not raised, it somehow managed to make itself heard well and clearly to those in that area, and the owner of that voice followed into the picture not long after.

Risa stared at the new arrival, her grip on her glass going slack as her attention was sucked in by that person. A similar effect seemed to ripple around the majority of the onlookers of the scene, and a small hush seemed to fall over the crowd. The commanding presence inspired instant respect, and even the arrogant Kanzaki Shiro seemed a little taken offguard by the sudden appearance.
It's the vampire-ness of her (assuming, of course, that this IS the vampire we met earlier). According to vampire canon, the whole "mesmerizing" effect is part of how they lure and capture those on which they feed.

"You...you are..." He stuttered, his blue tinted shades slipping down his nose. Eizan discreetly moved to flank Shiro's side, muttering to his boss.

"She's DJ Seirei. It took me a whole week to persuade her to even consider the offer. Not even the most elite clubs can get her to make an appearance half the time." Eizan seemed almost proud of his accomplishment in actually persuading the reclusive DJ to come over.

He smiled confidently, looking at her appreciatively. "No one ever told me you were this beautiful though..." He reached out to kiss her hand, but she slipped out of range smoothly, her motions tinged with an unearthly grace.
Ah, of course. Almost forgot that part of being spoiled-rich means that he's also got the whole "phony full-of-himself charm" thing going on.

"Kanzaki-san, I do not take such advances kindly." The words were edged with steel, and dark eyes flickered over to where Eizan stood next to his boss. "I only came because Yuuhi Eizan-kun was so sincere in his approach." Her gaze was icy as she refocused back on the surprised Shiro.

"Appreciate your people more, Kanzaki Shiro. All the money in the world can only buy you sycophants, not friends." Her voice was soft, almost melodious, but it cut through the air like so many gleaming knives. Shiro seemed to pale even more as he met her piercing gaze, and he staggered back, trembling slightly.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!
* JFC 's head bobs from side to side.

She's totally right, BTW. :yep:

"So...that's the legendary Seirei..." He stared into the recesses of his empty glass. "Incredible...she's..." He shuddered again, before putting the glass back on the counter.

"I'm leaving, Eizan. Take care of things around here." Shiro pushed past his stunned crony, walking right past the silent Risa, who had been watching the whole encounter with widened eyes.
5 bucks says he's going to his room to spaz. 10 bucks says he's going there to wank.  :rofl:

Seirei...I wonder what she's like...?

One song phased to the next, pattering raindrops seeming to echo around the place. A dazed smile crossed Risa's face as she recognized the song.

Daydream, huh? Her smile grew wider. I like this person already.
Ooooooooooooh. :pimp:

The fact that Risa seems to find herself drawn to Seirei...hmmmmm....

Aichan?

In the audio room facing down from above the dance floor, the lone figure there smiled.
Seirei, right? Strange that she'd be doing her DJ'ing from a separate room, instead of at a booth-type setup in the middle of the party.

The (relatively) young vampire was in insanely good cheer. First, she had gotten to hit someone earlier, even though it had been a rather unsatisfying fight. Secondly, she had gotten a free meal out of it, and that was the main cause of her good mood. Because of that, she wanted to party, and now that she was well fed, it would be safe to hang out amidst a mass of warm bodies gyrating on a dance floor. The temptation to feed wouldn't be so compelling now that she was actually full.

"Reina wants to have fun!" She announced to no one in particular, although a startled rat darted across her path to seek sanctuary in the ditch by the side. The now eternally 18 year old Tanaka Reina grinned, fangs and all, spreading her arms as if to embrace the moon hanging in the sky above her.
Good point. She can actually afford to relax a bit and actually enjoy herself now. And yeah, not that surprising that Reina is the vampire.  :cow:

Letting her senses spread out in an erratic wave starting from the center (aka, herself), she listened, wanting to pinpoint the right direction to head towards for a good party somewhere.

Her concentration was terminated abruptly when someone bumped into her, a strange buzz tingling through her at the contact. She scowled, growling low in her throat as she whirled around to glare at the perpetrator, who only muttered a halfhearted 'sorry' as he stalked off, clearly in a bad mood.
Shiro?

Reina frowned, half tempted to beat the shit out of him for bumping into her, but she was feeling charitable tonight and decided not to take offense.

She would have ignored him entirely too, in order to find a good place to go party for the rest of the night, but she suddenly clapped her hands over her ears when some of his thoughts started leaking to her.

Sometimes her powers were way too unpredictable...or just that this guy was thinking WAY too loudly. Reina briefly reconsidered her earlier decision not to beat him up. If it meant making his mind shut up...
Interesting. Don't really recall anything about vampires being psychic. Empathic, yes (again, it's part of how they lure in their victims), but not "able to read your minds" psychic.

However, she caught an interesting image from his thoughts, and suddenly that momentary buzz when he had bumped into her made sense. Sort of. She shivered all over, brimming with a strange kind of excitement. To be strong enough to leave that kind of power residue in a moment's contact...Reina felt her anticipation bubble up inside her again, eyes alight.
This is interesting. What is it exactly that Reina sensed/felt from him, and why does she find it exciting (instead of, say, worrisome)?

Interesting...so interesting...Reina must see this!

With a slightly maniacal grin on her face, the vampire set off, ready to crash yet another party.
Oh...here we go.

There. XD That was long. o_o Not as long as AA eventually got to be, but still. :P Hope people can keep up with it!
Speaking of which...

ah...forget it.
:mon sweat:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku