JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing you

Author Topic: [TV] Barefoot Friends (맨발의 친구들)  (Read 5222 times)

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
[TV] Barefoot Friends (맨발의 친구들)
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »
Barefoot Friends

Quote from: Wiki
Barefooted Friends (Korean: 맨발의 친구들) is a South Korean reality-variety show; a part of SBS's Good Sunday lineup, along with Running Man. It was first aired on April 21, 2013. The show is an "real outdoor hardship variety"; a spin on typical outdoor variety shows.[1] The members travel to foreign countries to experience "real happiness" with locals.[1] The words, Barefooted is supposed to mean essence, sincerity, and real hardships, where as Friends not only represents the cast, but the locals that are met as well.[2] It has garnered attention as being the come-back program for Kang Ho-dong, the main MC of the program, after leaving Good Sunday's X-Man in April 2007.

Format of the show:
A new life experience meeting new people in a new place, and exploring the cultural heritage and natural environment unseen elsewhere, the members search for real beauty and happiness on foreign soil. The members travel to foreign countries to experience "real happiness" with locals. Unlike typical vacations, they live like locals and experience what a day in their life is like. Members must provide for themselves as no support from staff is given. The members experience the essence of culture, food, music, nature, and lifestyle while surviving on their own in the foreign country. This program is a differentiated real variety program providing affection and enlightenment to viewers.

CAST
Kang Ho-dong
Yoon Jong-shin
Yoo Se-yoon
Kim Bum-soo
Kim Hyun-joong
Yoon Si-yoon
Eunhyuk
Uee

You can watch subbed episodes at kshownow or DramaFever.

My biggest reason for watching this show: UEE!!! She doesn't get much screen time though.

I think the cast is pretty good, Seyoon is funny, Hyunjoong as well, Siyoon is very enthuastic, HoDong is loud as usual (lol), Jongshin being the old guy that he is, Bumsoo uhh hasn't made much of an impact yet, neither has Eunhyuk. Oh and UEE is nice to look at haha. Tough show to be on though if you're a celebrity XD. They do some tough work, especially when they were Indonesia and doing this work called Gendong.

The show is interesting enough for me to continue watching. Plus Hyori is going to be on the show next week!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:48:08 AM by storyboard »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Barefoot Friends (맨발의 친구들)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 10:03:27 AM »
NOoo Seyoon dropping out of the show >_<. Eun JiWon is going to join the show which is a pretty good addition and he's worked with kang Hodong before so there should be some good chemistry from the start

Quote from: akp
Eun Ji Won to replace Yoo Se Yoon on 'Barefoot Friends'

Amid a drunk driving scandal, Yoo Se Yoon will be departing his new SBS variety program, 'Barefoot Friends', to be replaced by artist and comedian Eun Ji Won.

"Eun Ji Won's addition was decided upon when Yoo Se Yoon chose to depart from 'Barefoot Friends'," said a broadcast industry worker. The former member did not participate in the recording on June 9th. According to official word from SBS, it was still up in the air whether or not Yoo Se Yoon will be returning. However, according to the latest reports, Eun Ji Won will indeed be a permanent replacement.

"The producers and Eun Ji Won's representatives are working out the details on his first appearance and how he will be added to the program," the worker said.

As Eun Ji Won has had previous experience on an outdoor variety program with Kang Ho Dong on '1 Night 2 Days', much anticipation is being placed on how the new addition will boost the newest variety show on the block.

Offline cupofsuji

• ecchi
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »
This program is a tough watch for me. I really only picked it up when Hyori came on, and those two episodes so far have been great. But I just couldn't sit through the first episode. After watching Family Outing/Running Man, it just felt like the same concepts in a different venue.

But I'll at least continue watching to see how things start turning up. So far I haven't been let down in the past two episodes. Then maybe I'll go back

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 09:46:07 AM »
^Yea the show definitely picked up once Hyori came on. It might feel like the same concept as Running Man/Family because I think the PD is the same PD for those shows hah.

I read that they're changing the format of the show so hopefully that helps and makes it more entertaining.

Offline cupofsuji

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 06:03:31 AM »
I have to say, these past few episodes definitely remind me of Family Outing + Running Man.

Mainly due to Lee Hyori, but still. It's definitely gone way up as far as the entertainment factor goes for me, so I'm curious how things pan out when she's gone. I'm hopeful

Offline x2u

• ecchi
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
i started to watch this show but i don't know why it's kinda boring for me..
i feel kang ho-dong is not that funny anymore and the jokes are not even funny.. probably this is a new show so the members still shy, we'll see in the next couple ep

Offline rhum

• ecchi
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 06:51:29 AM »
i'm watching this show and i don't really see what they want to do with that show.
at first they were going to foreign coutries, but now with the new project of diving it's like another show!
i think the cast is not close enough , they seems awkard with each other , but when hyori was there it was a little better i though.
wait and see the next episode, diving may be not to bad , i just think they din't find the identity of the show yet but it's only 10 episodes so let's see...

Offline rhum

• ecchi
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 03:09:21 AM »
i watched the last episode and i must say than eun ji won make it way more funny it's a good thing he came in the show!

Offline x2u

• ecchi
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »
I'm totally agree with you rhum.. the episode with Hyori so far is the best, but it's kinda remind me with Family Outing..
Diving episode is also good, you can see the rating is going up..

Offline alfina

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »
The first few episode is a bit boring.. But as it goes on, it getting more exciting and fun especially the diving episode onwards.. :roll:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 04:47:01 AM »
Bleh I dunno how to feel about this show anymore. It's rather boring and I find myself fast-forwarding occasionally because it's just so dull...

Offline superbunny3

• ecchi
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 05:17:08 AM »
I have to agree. I like the cast, but even them can't make the concept of the show interesting anymore. It's just a matter of time before the show get's cancelled  :(

Offline oreo

• gimme gimme gimme..
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 04:04:23 AM »
is this show cancelled already?the last episode i've watched was the thing about foods..is it?

Offline x2u

• ecchi
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »
is this show cancelled already?the last episode i've watched was the thing about foods..is it?

yes, finally it got cancelled.. very low rating..
poor KHD, first variety show after his come back..

Offline skadi

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 08:46:17 PM »
changed for a food variety show

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing you