JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AI - Butterfly

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 71078 times)

Offline moekare

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • OTP = WakaRei but will freak out if WakaMaiyan too
    • moekare_100
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 02 - 26/06/2012]
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 04:15:57 AM »
my comment for part 1 :
ACCHAN THE HELL YOU'RE BEING COLD TO TAKA  :mon yell: DONT YOU KNOW HOW HARD SHE TRY TO GET THAT!!  :mon annoy:
my comment for part 2 :
 :mon nyah: jealous jealous jealous Acchan, I like it.

You look suspicious melon-san  :mon suspect: TakaHaru and AtsuYuu are just parts of the conflicts here, I hope. coz I don't want my AtsuMina to be separated  :mon tantrum2:
and some1 showed me your AtsuMina fic and wow, I loved it  :mon blood:
I'm waiting for the next part  :mon evillaff:

Sharing gifs & pictures here http://moekare80.tumblr.com/
My blog where I post random things https://moonmoekare1.wordpress.com/

Wanna join Acchan48? Click my siggy!
Join my Acchan's group on FB

Offline Suicchin

• ひとりに しない で
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)八(бвб)
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 02 - 26/06/2012]
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 08:26:34 AM »
waaaaaaaa what a great fic!

That TakaHaru there,bringing conflicts between AtsuMina and KojiYuu is really interesting!

Hope you update soon!

♥ 恋がしたいのに、うまく恋ができない… そもそも、恋愛なんて私たちには贅沢なんだろうか?  ♥

The Fantastic world of the Wonka Couple FF Chapter 4 [Hiatus]
Who said you can win my heart so easily? Chapter 1 -part 2-[Hiatus]
One-shots / Drabbles / Etc

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 03 - 30/06/2012]
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 04:15:38 AM »
sakura_drop_ : Thank you for reading my tumblr fics  :mon lol:
moekare : Suspicious? Me? Nooo~  :mon innocent:

Thank you for everyone's enthusiastic comments  XD
And please enjoy this chapter  :)

03 – Sweet Promises

The sound of cooking and the smell of sweet pastry made my stomach rumble and my eyes open. With a yawn and a loud stretch, I sit up. Sleepily, I head to the source of the noise. Each step I take, the scent becomes more and strong, until my mouth is practically drooling. To my surprise, a small figure stands at the kitchen, humming as she flipped the pan.

“Yuu-chan?” I drowsily murmur.

I see Yuko stop, and then suddenly spin round, pan and spatula still in her hand. She was wearing her large grin, revealing all her freshly brushed teeth. The same smile that I loved.

“Good morning Nyan-Nya…” she trailed off.

I watch Yuko’s eyes drift from my face, down my body. Following her gaze, I realise that I’m only wearing my single nightie. My face reddens and I draw my arms up over my chest.

“Yuu-chan!”

Yuko, shaking her head to rid her perverted thoughts, looked away bashfully.

“Y-You should get ready.” she sputtered, going back to cook the pancakes. “Breakfast will be ready by then.”

I nod and hurry to the bedroom. Her gaze always makes my heart pound, and that is not what I need first thing in the morining.

-------------- Later --------------

Returning to the kitchen, fully freshened, ready for work and my meet-up with Mariko, I sit myself at the dining table. I smile as Yuko lays my plate in from of my, stacked generously with pancakes. My grin grows when I see that on top of the pile, Yuko had shaped the syrup into a dripping heart. Much like how my heart melted with Yuko’s attention.

“What’s the occasion?” I ask, waiting until Yuko herself was seated across me with her pancakes.

“No occasion. Since it’s my day off, I thought I would make my girlfriend breakfast before she goes off to earn money.”

I happily giggle, quickly giving thanks for the food, and dig in. I sound my delight as soon as I take a bite, the sweetness exploding my taste buds.

“Yummy~” I drawl.

I watch Yuko laugh, helping herself to the food too.

“Nyan-Nyan…” Yuko voiced after a few moments.

“Hmm?”

I look up from at Yuko, watching her poke her pancakes with her fork. I slightly frown, knowing her habit. It meant she was either nervous or anxious.

“What is it?” I question, worried.

“Well, it’s just… I have to go out later.”

“Okay… And?”

“And it’s with… Hayami-senpai.”

I cough, spluttering as the sharply inhaled air when down the wrong hole. Yuko is instantly by my side, patting my back. It reminds me of what happened to Yuko only yesterday.

“What do you mean?” I choke, recovering from my coughing fit. “As in, you and Hayami-senpai… alone?!” I demand.

“Well…yeah.” carefully replied Yuko. “He just wants to get to know me a bit better and I thought it would be good to broaden my friend circle.”

I couldn’t help but scoff. I stand from my seat, glaring at Yuko who had retreated a few steps back.

“How could you not tell me sooner?” I exclaim.

“I wanted to but Takamina was here yesterday and I didn’t think it was a good idea to talk about it when she was here.” she desperately explained.

“What about when she left?” I angrily insist. “What about the days before? When you had all the chances in the world to tell me that you were going on a DATE with Hayami-senpai?”

“It’s not a date and…I don’t know… I just didn’t know how to bring it up.” whimpered Yuko.

I feel the nasty rage and irritation build inside me. I’m not sure if what was clogging my throat was the tainted pancakes, or the feeling of being betrayed and deceived, but I couldn’t look at Yuko anymore.

“I can’t believe this. First it was the kiss, now this.”

“You saw that?” asked Yuko, surprise and guilt mixed into her voice.

“Of course I did!” I snap. “I watch all your episodes.”

“Nyan-Nyan…” she whined, as if she was actually touched by my devotion.

“Forget it.” I bark. “I have to go now. Just go on your stupid date with your boyfriend.”

“Haruna-”

However, I am already out of the door before I can hear anymore of her excuses.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Atsuko’s shimmering hair flicked back and forth as she looked for her keys. Even though it was morning, and she was rushing around like a terrified chicken, I think she looks amazing. Though Atsuko is beautiful in any form, I like it most when she has her guard down, only letting me see her imperfect and most vulnerable moments.

“I’m sure I left them here…” I hear her mutter to herself, as she flustered around the house.

I smile to myself, letting myself guiltily enjoy Atsuko’s extended company.  Perhaps this was a sign for me to ask Atsuko my question, to be unafraid of the possible decline.

“I’m free today at lunch.” I announce.

I hear Atsuko make a sound of acknowledgement from the living room. Taking this as a signal to continue, I add, “And, I was thinking of maybe we could go out to lunch and-”

“I’m sorry Minami, I can’t.”

Ouch. Shot down already. I had expected this, but not for it to be as quick and as painful as that. Upset, I wait for her to explain as she continued to search for the keys, seemingly not noticing my lack of help.

“We have a new member of the cast coming in today and I have to practice my lines with her during lunch, while getting ready for our scene together.” I listen to her explain.

“Okay.” I reply, giving voice to my understanding. “Maybe I could come down to the studio and we can have lunch there?”

“Aha!” I hear her shout as she suddenly pulled the jingling keys from the fruit bowl on the counter.

I can’t help but feel annoyed at her triumph. But now her full attention was on me, and I can see the regret on her face, making my chest ache with remorse for not aiding her.

“I don’t think that will work either.” Atsuko admits. “Everyone will be busy and I might not be able to even have lunch.”

I couldn’t stop the frown from appearing on my face. It was Atsuko’s nice way of saying that I would get in the way. I sigh, my head bowing with defeat. I watch Atsuko step towards me, a saddened expression on her face, probably matching my own. Her hands grip my arms tenderly, stroking them up and down while my hands held onto the table edge I was currently sitting on. I let out an easy exhale, feeling the shivers of delight run through me from Atsuko's seemingly simple touch. However, only Atsuko could cause such a reaction from me, making feel relaxed or alert immediately with a single touch.

“I’m sorry but I’ll make it up to you tonight, I promise.”

With a quick kiss to my lips, which immediately replaced the pout with a smile, I nodded. She grinned, before heading to the door.

“Okay, I’ll wait for you.” I call.

“Okay. I love you!” she returned, before closing the door behind her.

“I love you too.” I softly whisper, to myself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My fork stabbed angrily at the teriyaki chicken. Crossly, I shove it into my mouth, chewing loudly, not caring about manners or common etiquette. Then, with a strong gulp without even tasting the succulent meat, I stab again at the thoughtfully placed chicken pieces.

“Did the chicken do something to offend you?”

I flick my eyes towards Mari-chan, who sat opposite me. She has a somewhat look of disdain on her face. Coming to my senses, I put down the fork forcefully, though carefully. I am an idol after all.

“Mari-chan, listen to this.” I finally say. “Guess where Yuko is?”

“Where?” almost sighed Mari-chan. She’s probably tired of hearing me complain about Yuko. But this time, it was serious.

“She’s on a stupid date with Hayami-senpai!” I exclaim.

“Lucky her.” Mari-chan casually replies.

“Lucky?” I almost shout, but realised in time I was in a public place. “How is that lucky?” I hiss instead.

“Well, Hayami-senpai is a large figure in the acting industry. He can help Yuko spread her name, offer her tips and whatever actors do.”

Watching Mari-chan slurp at her ramen, I mull over what she just said. This was not what I expected from this conversation with Mariko. I was hoping for her to understand my situation and to at least sympathise with me. And yet, I hate to admit it, but she is right. Hyami-senpai could be a huge stepping stone for Yuko, lifting her up to more job offers and with dramas carrying higher reputations. However, it didn’t extinguish the flame of envy and aggravation burning within me. And though I trust Yuko with my life, there’s still an inkling of panic.

“But what if it’s really a date?” I anxiously ask. “What if Yuko really falls for him?”

Mari-chan stared at me with an arched eye-brow, as if she couldn’t believe I actually asked what I did.

“This is Yuko we’re talking about? The one that did not give up even though you denied your feelings for ages, until you finally realised what a catch Yuko is? The girl that has loved you for years and still does? The Yuko that basically has a shrine dedicated to you? That Oshima Yuko?”

“Okay I get it.” I surrender.

I play with the remaining chicken, the talk making me lose my appetite.

“But what if Hayami-senpai makes a move?” I ask lastly.

“I don’t think you need to worry. Just believe in her.” advices Mari-chan. “Besides, I’m sure it’s just a harmless meeting.”

As much as I want to believe Mari-chan’s words, I could not help but feel the hint of doubt in my mind. But she was right; I just needed to trust Yuko. And that, I already do. So it’s one step closer to being a more reasonable girlfriend.
However, that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t stop cursing and threatening Hayami-senpai in my head.

The cherry dog flies in the air as I repeatedly throw him up, catching him easily as he descended back down. I finally got back from my schedule, which ended at 9pm. Now, it is 10pm. I’ve been waiting for Atsuko for an hour. And yet, I don’t mind. Even though boredom is an easy thing to contract, it didn’t bother me. Just the thought of Atsuko being able to spend one relaxed night with me is enough.

---------- 1 Hour Later ---------

Scooping at the strawberry ice cream, I watch my One Piece Volume 3 DVD set. However, though it was at a particularly funny part, I didn’t even bother to smile. My mind is preoccupied with too many thoughts, that I’m not even paying attention to the anime.
Perhaps Atsuko is just being held up at work. Probably the new person making lots of NGs, holding up the shoot. Yeah, it must be that.

The empty ice-cream pot landed in the bin with a hollow thud. Throwing the spoon into the sink for me to wash tomorrow, I head back to the couch. I hit play again and continue the current episode. It was a good thing I watched this DVD three times before, otherwise I would not have a clue what was going on. I try to distract my mind from thinking about where Atsuko was, but it doesn’t work.
Was she with her crew-mates, out enjoying herself with her new cast member? Did she forget about her promise?

“She couldn’t have.” I whisper to myself.

Atsuko has never gone back on a promise she made, at least, not to me. Laughing at my ridiculous idea of Atsuko forgetting her promise, I try to concentrate on the television. I chortle when Nami hits Luffy on the head, convincing myself that my laugh was not forced in any way.

1 am. I pick up my mobile phone and press 1, speed-dialling Atsuko. I wait, listening to the phone ring, the ringtone being my solo song. I wait, and wait, and wait, and-

“Atsuko?” I speak, hearing the dial tone go off.

“The person you have called is currently unavailable. Please try again later or leave a m-”

I close my phone, my patience running thin, and my anxiety increasing. Though Atsuko sometimes returned late, she usually rang me or at least texted me. I’m getting scared. I’ll send a text and wait one more hour. If I don’t get a reply, then I know something has happened. Please don’t let it be something.

I stare at the message that glowed in the dark bedroom.

I’m not going to be home until later.
Go to sleep without me.

Acchan.

Emotionless and distant, like what Atsuko used to be like. I’m not sure why, but this was more painful than not knowing if something happened. The fact that she obviously was fine and seemed to only carelessly reply to my message made me hurt in ways I didn’t know were possible. And when did she start to address herself as Acchan? I curse myself for waiting so long, for no reason. Was I really just fooling myself into thinking Atsuko would remember the fleeting promise she had made this morning? Perhaps I am really just a fool, thinking Atsuko would make time in her now ever-growing busy schedule to make time for me.

Putting the phone on the bedside drawer, I lie in the bed, gazing at the cold and void space across me. I begin to feel the tears of disappointment, frustration and loneliness threatening to fall from my eyes. I manage to stop them, but it didn’t stop my heart from cracking. ‘Be strong Takamina.’ I tell myself. ‘For Atsuko.’ However, even that didn’t seem to cure the awful throbbing in my chest, where my heart is.
Tearing my eyes from the empty side of the bed, I turn, facing my back towards where Atsuko slept. And with that, I feel myself fall asleep, my body heavy with exhaustion. But just before I fall asleep, I think a final thought.

I hope I don’t cry in my sleep.

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 05:15:46 AM »
Oh, my guesses were correct  :panic: :panic: :panic:
Update soon, I wanna know what happens later...

Poor Takamina and Yuko-sama...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:35:47 AM by sakura_drop_ »
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 06:28:55 AM »
OMG!! many things happen.. of course yuuchan love you haruna.. she wait for so long for your love..

and Acchan I mad with her... You going to loose minami.. take care of her ok...

Offline moekare

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • OTP = WakaRei but will freak out if WakaMaiyan too
    • moekare_100
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 06:58:57 AM »
 :panic: :panic:
who sent that email to Taka?  :panic:
omg Acchan where are you?  :frustrated:
It probably has something to do w/ those new casts!! They kidnapped her!  :panic:
Melon-san please update ASAP! Poor Nyan2 and Taka  :gyaaah:

It is more suspicious  :kekeke:

Sharing gifs & pictures here http://moekare80.tumblr.com/
My blog where I post random things https://moonmoekare1.wordpress.com/

Wanna join Acchan48? Click my siggy!
Join my Acchan's group on FB

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »
Really interesting the conflict that you are creating .
Haruna has to relax Mariko is right Yuko loves her!
Regarding Acchan and Takamina ... I hope Acchan repent of these actions, but do not know why I get the impression that will not do it with bad intentions. But ... Minami is hurting and ... That is unforgivable.

Flean

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »
Throughout this chapter, the only thing I can say is.. my heart hurts for Takamina..  :fainted:

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
this is madness...this is dramaaaa :frustrated:

poor takamidget and nyannyan... :pleeease:

Offline epiclulz

• Member+
  • the speshul one
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2012, 05:08:44 PM »
I LOVE YOUR FICS ESPECIALLY THE SRSLY NSFW ONES

AWESOME SMUTTTT YOU HAVE ON TUMBLR.

I'm thinking of using your livejournal community. But IDK whether I have time.

WAITING FOR YOUR NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Offline crazywota

• Doki Doki and Shit
  • Member+
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 03:14:04 AM »
OUCH.. for takamina. I'm really loving this series. I'm dying to know what'll happen on your future updates.
and btw, I'm also a huge fan of you Smutchy fics  :thumbup

Thankyou and Please do update soon  :bow:

Offline Keisthename

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Keep Calm! Don't Sleep! I love- I ship! AtsuMina!
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 03:54:03 AM »
I agree with Flean, my heart aches for Takamina too.. Acchan how could you be so cold towards her!! why you!!! You'll regret this!!!!  :on voodoo: :on speedy: :tantrum:

But of course I still love my AtsuMina to be together in the end  :luvluv2:

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 05 - 05/07/2012]
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »
epiclulz: Thank you for enjoying my smuts lol. Ooo that would be good but it is up to you. If you have fanwork work you wanna post and share, come join the community, we welcome you with open arms  :on woohoo:
crazywota: Ahh yes, fellow tumblr user, thank you for liking my smuts  :tama-lotsaluv:

Thank you for everyone's comments  :k-thrilled:
This chapter took a bit longer to write, but it is longer. So please read and comment
  :)

04 – New Laughter

Light freckles of water float onto my skin as I wait by the fountain, the summer heat kept at bay by the tiny droplets. However, the argument from this morning still loomed over me. Haruna was truly angry at me, and for the first time, she had walked away from me. Usually, she would at least watch me beg for her forgiveness before giving in. But this time, she just left without another word. It aches just thinking about the way she looked at me, her eyes, betrayed and hurt. And really it is my fault for not telling her sooner. What type of girlfriend am I?

And now, here I was, actually waiting for Hayami-senpai to arrive.

Maybe I should leave. Just call him now and tell him something urgent came up. Something to get me out of-

“Yuko-chan!”

I spin my body around to the call of my name. I see Hayami-senpai just across the fountain, the falling water making it look like a mirage, jogging round to meet me.

“Ha…Hayami-senpai.” I softly mutter as he stops in front of me.

“Did I make you wait?” he asks.

Shaking my head, I can’t help but notice what he was wearing. His open red short-sleeved checked shirt, with a simple white vest-top underneath, which emphasise his biceps and muscular upper body. His semi-tight black jeans that wrap around his long legs and his dazzling sneakers, which makes me jealous. It is such a nice outfit that I can’t help but think Hayami-senpai really is a handsome.

“You look nice today.” he adds.

I feel myself slightly blush, not sure if it was because of the comment, or the heat. I’m trusting it’s the latter.

“Thank you.” I reply.

To be honest, I didn’t particularly dress up today. I have my hair tied in a ponytail, wearing my awesome denim shorts, with my favourite high tops, and a normal checked shirt.
Suddenly I realise something. My shirt is red and checked-patterned.  And Hayami-senpai’s is red and checked. It was almost like we were wearing a… couple outfit. Man, this is not going good.

“Shall we go?” he offers.

“Yes Hayami-senpai.”

He looked at me for a second, and then smiled his boyish grin.

“Just call me Mokomichi.”

I feel myself hesitate but I offer a small smile anyway, regret etching at my heart.

“Okay…Mokomichi-san.”

The hair dresser fussed with my hair while I read my script. My mood was heavy from having to leave Minami again. I really did want to have lunch together, but I couldn’t. Even if I agreed, Minami would most likely be left alone for most of it, and it would only make us even lonelier; to know that she was within a touching distance, but I couldn’t even speak to her. It’s too hard to even imagine. 

Today is going to be especially busy. With the new cast member being introduced and the day packed full of scenes to be shot with Toma-senpai and her, it was going to be tiring. The arriving actress will be playing the younger sister role of Toma-senpai’s character, Yakima Kojiro. Her character just comes back from studying in England to find out that her brother’s childhood friend has returned into his life. And because she knows of the trouble that the childhood friend put her brother through, she becomes one of the obstacles to their friendship and relationship.
I’m curious to know who the new actress is, seeing as I and none of the other cast, were told who the new person would be. However, I expect she would be near my age since the sister is supposed to be sixteen years old, while my character was eighteen.

With my makeup and hair done, I head to the set. As I enter, I see a small crowd of people, circled around a single person. Curiously, I walk closer, wondering who the person was. As the gathering saw me coming, they slowly parted until I could see the stranger. She turned to me and I stop, astonishment filling me. I recognise her immediately.
Itaki Mizuki.
The same young woman who, being only 20 years old, had won the Best Newcomer Award for her role in the recent popular drama; Making Love Last. Plus her tall figure, cute face, and apparently wonderful personality made her the desire of everyone.

What was she doing here? I force a smile back at her when the director suddenly appears between the two of us.

“Oh, I’m glad you two are here. Acchan, this is Itaki Mizuki, our new cast member. Mizuki-chan, this is Maeda Atsuko, who will be working with you and showing you around today.”

I look at the director, whose smile was wide and happy, then to Itaki-san, her grin strangely matching his. I yet again force my smile, feeling slightly intimidated. She was my age, yet she was already recognised for her acting. Whereas I, though have been the main character in some popular dramas, has yet to be accepted as an actress.

“Pleased to meet you.” I slightly bow.

“Pleased to meet you.” she cheerfully returns. “Please treat me kindly Maeda-san.”

--------------- Later ---------------

I guide Mizuki-san back to our dressing rooms, so we could get ready for our separate scenes. It had been awkward at first, with only me and her. However, she has a bright personality so she easily made us both comfortable as I showed her around the studio.

“It must be hard, being alone now since AKB.” I hear her say.

“It is.” I answer. “But I sometimes go back to visit the theatre and the members, and we get together quite often so it doesn’t even feel like I’ve left.”

This is true. Some of the members and I get together at least once a month, updating me with whatever’s happened like new members, new singles, crazy wota experiences, everything. And when I visit, they welcome me like I’ve never graduated, letting me join in with the dances and songs while they practise. AKB48 is, and will always be, my family.

“But you must feel lonely, being deserted.”

I suddenly halt, her words striking me. She stops as well and looks behind her, staring at me innocently.

“I wasn’t deserted.” I retort.

“Sure you were.” Mizuki says, her smile wide and contemptuous. “You were so easily replaced.”

I feel my eyes widening with shock at what she was saying. What is going on?!

“I wasn’t replaced.” I argue back. “They just had to appoint a new ace.”

“Okay. Whatever you say.” Mizuki easily dismissed. "And I can’t believe I have to work with you.”

“What?” I snap, filled incredulity at her words and how she is acting now. Did she have a bipolar disorder?

“I mean, you’re from AKB48.” she irately continues. “And they have me acting with you. We are on completely different levels.”

Unbelievable disbelief riddled me to the spot.

“You’re just a rookie. And I’ve already received the Best Newcomer Award. Have you won anything for your ‘acting’?”

Come on say something. Anything!
But no words would come. I am too stunned to even blink. I watch her face morph with triumph and scorn. Then, she slightly curtsied, her smile back to the wide and dishonest guiltless self.

“I think I know my way round now. Thank you for showing me Atsuko-san.”

And as I watch her walk away, I remain in the same spot. Her words echoing in my head.

Water almost comes out of my nose. Tears were edging out of my eyes. Yet I can’t stop. I can’t stop laughing. 

“Wait, wait.” I gasp, managing to catch my sanity. “So he said that he was Hayami Mokomichi?”

“Right! And they believed him!” Mokomichi-san says incredulously.

Another bout of laughter escapes me as Mokomichi-san also chuckles, reliving the moment of his embarrassing past.

Today has been such an unanticipated enjoyable day. At first I thought it was going to be awkward, never having been out with an older male in a long time, and it was even more daunting since he is such a big senpai. However, we had talked about normal things, like how it’s like to be in AKB48, how it was like for him to start out in acting, our hobbies, our likes and dislikes; it was fascinating and fun.
And now it was coming to an end, nearly finishing our desert.

“So, do you have any questions about acting?” Mokomichi-san asks. “If you’ll like, I can offer you tips.”

“I’ll like very much!” I excitedly exclaim.

I knew this wasn't a date. I was just being overly cautious.

Mokomichi-san lightly chuckles laughs at my outburst. “Okay then. Fire away.”

“Well, I…” I begin, slightly hesitating with a tint of blush on my cheeks from embarrassment. “I have trouble with… intimate scenes.”

“Intimate?”

“Yes. As in those scenes where Hana is passionate about her love for Akira and wants to show it but can’t. Or when they do, it’s desperate and zealous. I find it difficult to capture her feelings, and to get into character for those types of scenes.”

In the drama, Hana and Akira’s relationship is forbidden. With Akira having been in prison and Hana being from quite a high class family, her parents would never allow such a relationship. Therefore, Hana has kept her feelings secret. However, Akira knows them and tries to get her to confess. However, with the social pressures, Hana can’t bring herself to admit her crushing emotions.
But after a while, Hana finally convinces herself that she needs to tell Akira her feelings, and that she wants to start a real relationship. Then, they begin their secret, tangled, forbidden, relationship.

Usually I try to use my love for Haruna to drive my intimate scenes. Like the way Haruna smells when she finished showering makes me what to hold her all day. Or how the way Haruna smiles, makes me want to take a picture of her every time so I can make a photo album of all her smiles. And how Haruna says I love you, quietly and bashfully, making me tremble with happiness and content, and makes me want to rain kisses all over her body.
However, it was too difficult to define my feelings in a specific scene, especially when I became too lost in myself to continue the lines. I want to learn how actors took all these experiences and manipulated them to fit their character and act in such a convincing way, making scenes so heart-wrenching it brought tears to the audience.

“I see.” Mokomichi-san says, nodding in understanding. “Well, the best way of learning is by practising.”

And as soon as he said that, he moves his chair closer to mind until he was right next to me.

“Okay. Now, imagine you and Akira are on a date and you want to convey him the feelings you have felt for him for so long, but have yet to tell him.”

I think to the time that Haruna and I were yet in a relationship. How I only met her a few times, yet I wanted to tell her I loved her from the first time I laid my eyes on her. How just her voice could send butterflies fluttering up from my stomach to my mouth.

“Now think what Hana must feel. Fear, pain, and an unmistakable yearning.”

I stare at Mokomichi-san, imagining he was Haruna. How I felt when the feelings suddenly enveloped me, making me frightened beyond all belief. How I was confused when my heart beat so rapidly I thought it would burst from my chest, spluttering my secret pining for this random girl.

“How you stare at him, wondering if he ever noticed. Watching him laugh, walk, cry; all from a distance. That all you want to do is close that distance so you are his supporting pillar and no one else. That you are the person that he comes straight to when there is a problem.”

I remember the times when I passed Haruna in the hallway, when I was still new, how my head would follow her until she was out of the corridor and out of my sight. How her hair flowed so beautifully behind her, how each step she took was easy and poised, confidence and elegance embodied into one being. When I watched her giggle at Mariko's joke, and wished it was me that made her laugh that jingle of a laugh. How I sneak a glance every time she spoke, watching her lips forming the words so seductively. And then I think, ‘did she notice me’?
Then, during the rare practice sessions we had together, how I found myself staring at her. How each time she collapsed with overexertion, or cried with frustration, how I wanted to be the one that could come to her and support her. How I would imagine how I would hold her, hold her until her worries disappeared.

“How you want to touch him, but you can’t. Yet you know, with just a single movement, you could feel his skin brush against your own. That single touch, filling you with a warmth that only love could bring.”

When Haruna and I just started to get to know each other, I was filled with a great happiness, but a new despair. Each time we sat near each other, how I would have to refrain myself from reaching out, running my hands down the length of her tracksuit bottoms, was a new form of torture. How each time I thought about how easy it would be to lean in, brush her hair, how her scent enticed me to do so; with each time making me reprimand myself for thinking such indecent thoughts. How each time I would have to clench my fists until my nails almost burst through the skin, to stop the urges.

“How you imagine every moment you are together with him, if he is thinking about the same thing as you. How his hand would fit in yours, if they would fit perfectly as you imagined. What his caress would feel like against your cheek, sending the same tingles you get when he touches you. What his gaze would be like if he was just staring at you as if you were the only person in the world. What his lips would feel against yours, tasting and sharing the secrets that you kept hidden deep inside you and will only share with him.”

I think of when we finally became true friends. How her hand fit so easily and perfectly into mine. How I would embrace Haruna at any chance, letting drown into her kindness. How I would find any reason to touch her, caress her, to feel the softness of her skin against mine. How each stroke I yearned for more, but I couldn’t, insecurity unbalancing me. But with each touch, I fell deeper and deeper into the hole of love.

“How, if he did love you as much as you did, you would end up happily together forever, until death. When you have your first date, when you have your first anniversary, when you will get married, when you have children, grandchildren; you imagine it all. And that, when death arrives, you would contently welcome it, because you would know, you had spent your life with the person you love.”

The nights I spent fantasising about our future still lingers in my mind, haunting my dreams. From where we would go for dates, where we would get married, what we would name our children.
When I finally had courage to say those three words, ‘I love you’, she carelessly dismissed them. She probably thought I was joking, or was partly rejecting me, but either way it killed me inside. And yet, it made me even more determined to make her mine.
Then after so many years, Haruna finally admitted what she felt for me. It was like a dream come true. I still remember the night clearly. She had asked me out to dinner, just the two of us, which was rare as it is seeing as I was the one that usually had to initiate these ‘dates’. I had agreed immediately, donning a simple dress. Then she arrived, wearing her simple white dress, which may not have turned people's heads, but made me think an angel had appeared. After dinner, she stared at me with an emotion that I only had glimpsed at when I found her gazing at me from a distance. I knew immediately what it was, seeing my own reflection wearing the same expression. It was love. Then, she cupped my cheek, sending the same butterflies into me when I first laid eyes on her. When she leaned in, I remember seeing her cheeks red, her eyes glistening, her hand warm, and I could even see her eyelashes trembling. When she finally touched my lips with hers, I felt myself sink into her. I already knew I was hers, but now Haruna was mine, and I wouldn’t let her go.

I close my eyes, letting myself surrender into Haruna’s caress. I sigh blissfully as her warm hand cups my cheek, her thumb lightly grazing my warm skin, just like that night. Then, I let her kiss me, letting us combine together.

But I immediately snap open my eyes. This wasn’t Haruna.

I violently push Hayami-senpai away from me.

“What are you doing?” I indignantly exclaim.

He moved back, flustered and red, abnormal on his face.

“I’m sorry. Was I being too strong?”

“You do realise I’m still in AKB48?” I almost yell.

“I know you can’t have relationships but it’s only a kiss." he retorts, calmed down. "Don’t worry, I’ll keep it secret.”

He leans in again, but this time I’m prepared.

“Don’t touch me!” I shout, quickly standing up.

I glare down at him, his confused and arrogant expression irritating and disgusting me.

“I’m leaving Senpai. I hope you come to your senses by tomorrow. I’ll see you on the set.”

And I storm off without looking back, feeling sick to my stomach, pretending none of it just happened.

------------ Later -------------

Finally I return home. I had been in the arcade for the last two hours, hoping to forget everything that had happened today. But there was no such luck. Instead, I won over hundreds of arcade tickets, and just gave them away to some random boy. So, overall, I had an awful night, and now I have no money.

I wearily open the door and head to the living room, hoping to avoid Haruna who was probably in the bedroom. But the first thing I see is Haruna, sleeping soundly on the couch. My entire being fills with such an unbearable guilt that I couldn’t help but fling myself across the room and hug Haruna so tightly around the waist she probably thought our lives depended on it.

“Yuko?” she sleepily mumbles, awakened by my sudden embrace.

I bury my face into Haruna’s stomach, unable to look at her.

“How was it today?” she asked, and even if it was mixed with doziness, I can still sense the slight bitterness to her tone. I squeeze my eyes close, willing the tears not to fall.

“Please forgive me.” I whisper.

I feel Haruna sit up, my position slightly shifting so my head is buried in her lap, but my arms still tightly wrapped around her waist. Haruna starts brushing my hair, the action usually transmitting her calmness into me but did absolutely nothing but increase my already speeding heart rate.

“It’s okay.” I hear her mutter; even though I was sure she didn’t hear me. “I've forgiven you. Besides, I'm the one that should say sorry. I was being paranoid. I mean, it was silly of me to think you and Hayami-san would do anything.” 

I muffle my whimper in her large shirt. And the tears, that I had tried so hard to keep within me, escaped and lightly soaked the material underneath me.

“Cut!”

I stop, taking a step back from the secretly smirking Itaki Mizuki.   

“Come on Acchan. Please do this properly.” calls the director, becoming impatient. “I’m sure everyone wants to go home.”

This is already the fifth NG, and we are thirty minutes over the time we were scheduled to finish.

“It was my fault!” suddenly exclaims Itaki, her voice wickedly high and sweet. “Please don’t blame Atsuko-san.”

I grit my teeth, almost painfully. If it wasn’t for her stepping on my foot, I wouldn’t have winced and faltered during the scene, causing the NG. And in some way, she was always the cause of the NGs. I was beginning to lose my temper when she sneezed, causing the first NG, then she made me trip in the second take, during the third she pushed into me making me stumble, and in the fourth she opened with a different line making me stutter over mine.

I was already late to go home, and I hadn’t even texted Minami yet. I don’t want to let her down, but if this continues, I probably won’t get home until the early hours of the day. And I don't want to break my promise.

“Oh Mizuki-chan, it’s okay.” the director buzzes. “Everyone into your positions. Let’s do this for Mizuki-chan.”

I’m going to throw up.

I step onto my mark, staring at Itaki, anger and confusion running through me.  Why was she doing this to me?

“Action!”

------------- 2 Retakes Later --------------

“Cut!”

I stop, breathing a sigh of relief.

“Okay that’s it for today.” announces the director. “Good work everyone.”

I watch as Itaki jogs to the staff, observing the way she smiles and laughs at nearly everything the director says, who was obviously praising her. I feel like vomiting again. Dejectedly, I bow to the staff and head to the dressing room hurriedly, so I can get there before Itaki and leave without having to see her. I don’t know what her deal is, but I don’t have time for confrontation, I have to get home to Minami.

Rushing to the dressing room, I quickly get changed, and hurry to the locker room. Expecting no one there, I brashly open the door, but freeze. Itaki was standing right in the middle of the room, just about to open her locker. She smirks, seeing it was me, while I coldly glance at her, closing the door behind me. I brush past her, not bothering to even acknowledge she was there, and open my locker.

“Good work Atsuko-san.”

I ignore her, taking out my mobile. Unlocking it, I see the miss call icon on the corner of my phone. I give it a ring, but as expected, after ringing, it went to voicemail. I quickly decide to send a text to Minami, who was probably sleeping now, to explain and apologise why I was late and that I didn’t forget her promise.

When are you getting home?

Minami x

I can’t help but grin, seeing Takamina’s usual lack of affection in her texts. Yet, when we were at home, she couldn’t be more adorable. And only I know that. About to return a message, I notice something. If this was a new message, why did the normal new message icon not appear on my phone? Suddenly, I realise there was more on the page. Scrolling down, I see another message. However… it was from me.

I’m not going to be home until later.
Go to sleep without me.

Aachan.

I feel my blood run cold. Who could have sent this message? It surely wasn’t any of the staff since only the actresses use this locker. Plus, no other actress was working today except…

I turn to Itaki, my eyes blazing. She only looks at me innocently, the same expression that I wish I could wipe the floor with.

“You went into my locker?” I snarl.

“I did." Itaki immediately admits. "So what? Your phone was beeping so I decided to check who it was.”

“What gave you the right to answer my messages?” I demand, just about resisting the urge to punch the girl in the face.

“I was doing you a favour. That message was sent over an hour ago. I didn't want Takamina-san to be left unanswered. And your message tone is annoying. You should change it.”

I tighten my jaw with the new found hate. About to reprimand the girl, I decide to not. I did not need a scandal, nor did I need to sink to her level. Right now, I just needed to get home as soon as possible.

I push past her and run as quickly as possible. I hail a taxi and speed home, hoping Minami wasn’t too angry at me.

------------ Later -----------

I stand at the side of the bed, soundlessly watching Minami sleep. I listen to her gentle snore, one she only got when she was totally exhausted or when she stayed up late. The ache in my chest grew, my throat closing as the grief and exhaustion envelop me. I climb into bed, examining Minami’s sleeping face. I breathe in, every time Minami breathed out, hoping that this way that a bit of Minami would become part of me. Her courage, her huge heart, her patience… I admire and want them all. 

I gaze at her sleeping face, so close, yet so far. I could easily move my head just an inch forward and our noses would be toughing. However, I don’t. Instead, I hold onto the limp hand on the pillow and immediately feel the supporting warmth surround me. I let my eyes close, letting my tears of frustration and sorry escape, and hope it wasn’t my imagination when I felt Minami’s hand slightly tighten around mine.

Flean

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 12:44:01 AM »
The last scene made me cried..  :mon hanky: They both having a hard time for each other..  :on speedy: augh!! my heart~  :fainted:

Damn that Itaki bitch!!! :scolding: who do you think you are messing out with my AtsuMina.. :temper: just go and DIE!!! :on voodoo:

reading throughout this chapter, and to know how much both couples loving their partners..  :farofflook: somehow it just suffocated me knowing that something gonna happen soon..  :gyaaah:

Offline axel0048

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ATSUMINA!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:18 AM »
Arghhh damn that Itaki breaking my atsumina away!!! :angry:

i hope she'll get into some accident or something :twisted:

please update asap!!!! :bow:

Offline Keisthename

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Keep Calm! Don't Sleep! I love- I ship! AtsuMina!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 02:16:18 AM »
HNNGGG!! Damn you Itaki! I'll slap you hard bitch!! get away from our Atsumina!!!!!  :mon mad: :mon zoom:

Waaa this is so hard.. they are both in pain..  :on speedy: I hope Minami could still have the patience and don't turn to others yet.. I hope she'd let Acchan explain everything coz Acchan herself does not want this either..  :gyaaah:
But anyways I'll just rely on your next update!! Please update sooner, though I know it's a bit hard.. it's just that.. this is sooooo exciting!! Can't wait any longer!!!  :frustrated:

hahaha sorry I'm just crazy over your story  :luvluv2: Arigato on your updates  :kneelbow:

Offline saeyukilover

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • SOUCHAAAN!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »
  :bleed eyes: noooooo!!!!

I'm going to kill that girl and man... who the heck are they to destroy kojiyuu and atsumina :(

Please update more :)

''HARD WORK WILL ALWAYS PAY OFF''

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 06:21:54 AM »
That Bitch!!... argh!! come on acchan make your husband happy...

Yuuko you need to tell te true...

Offline Pandah

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 04 - 05/07/2012]
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2012, 07:43:28 AM »
wfywitghiuwr  :bleed eyes:

i want to strangle those who stand between these two couples! rofl rofl
but omg D: kill the guy whos trying to take advantage of yuko!! *shakes fist*

forever crying for the pain of them four :(
great fic :) keep up the good work!  :thumbup
cant wait til the next update :)