JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Free & Easy

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 71082 times)

Offline moekare

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • OTP = WakaRei but will freak out if WakaMaiyan too
    • moekare_100
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 04 - 05/07/2012]
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
Omfg I can't believe I missed this entry  :shocked

HWAT THE FUCK IS THAT BICTH DOING  :on voodoo: :on kimbo: :temper: :mon mad:
I hate her already for underestimating my Acchan!  :mon worklate: That Itaki deserves my thousand punches  :mon zoom: THOSE ARE FOR MY ATSUMINA, YOU BITCH!
Poor Takamina  :( hope that grip is not Acchan's hallucination. Acchan needs to settle everything immedietaly!

ARGGHH THAT HAYAMI SENPAI! YOU KISSED YUKO  :on voodoo: WHO THE HELL YOU ARE! YOU DARE TO KISS HER ARRGHH  :scolding:
this chappie makes me feeling desperate   :on cloudeye:

Sharing gifs & pictures here http://moekare80.tumblr.com/
My blog where I post random things https://moonmoekare1.wordpress.com/

Wanna join Acchan48? Click my siggy!
Join my Acchan's group on FB

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 04 - 05/07/2012]
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 08:58:01 AM »
wooowwwwwwwwwww
Poooooooooor Acchaaaaaan! T_T

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 05 - 11/07/2012]
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 03:38:48 AM »
Thank you everyone for their passionate comments  :shy2:
And once again, please read and comment
  :hee:

05 – Twisted Expectations 

My eyes slowly blink open as my mind returns from the dreamland. My ears pick up on a noise which oddly sounds similar to an airplane landing. Then, when I fully regain conscious, I realise its Atsuko, drying her freshly washed hair. I stare at her for a few moments. When did she get back last night? But did it matter? She wasn’t here last night, when I was waiting for her. And as expected, she was heading to work, when it was only… 5.30am. Exhaustion and frustration, I push out with a deep sigh. It was a new day and I have to get over myself. 

Atsuko turned the hairdryer off and turned back to me. From her tiny jump, I know that I surprised her, and I can’t help but smirk at the cuteness. I see her smile back at me, adoration in her eyes.
I remember when Atsuko stared at me in that way for the first time. I wasn’t sure what the emotion was. I just knew she was looking at me differently. However, I didn’t make much of it at first, too confused and bothered by my own developing feelings for Atsuko. But then, when I finally confessed, that smile with those eyes… I knew the look she gave me. It was one of love.

“Sorry.” Atsuko says, sitting on the bed, lightly playing with my bed hair. “Did I wake you?”

“It’s okay.” I sleepily mumble back, the soothing touch lulling me back to sleep.

“I’m sorry… about yesterday.”

I open my eyes, my heart stinging from the reminder. I wonder if my memories could just sink into the pillow under my head, letting me forget about last night.

“It’s fine.” I quietly answer, glancing at her.

I see Atsuko frown. “No it’s not.” She earnestly replies. “If that stupid Itaki didn't cause trouble... making me late... taking my phone... that dumb..."

"What?"

Atsuko suddenly stops mumbling to herself. "Nothing." she grins, lightly shaking her head. 

I raise my brow with suspicion. From what I could barely hear, it seemed someone called Itaki had something to do with Atsuko lateness. And since I've never heard of this Itaki, I assume it is the new cast member. However, would a new cast member really have the audacity to do such a thing? But then again, it would explain the uncharacteristic text she had sent me. Plus, from how much it ruffled Atsuko, they must have affected her substantially. 

“Don’t worry Atsuko.” I assure, though I did feel greatly comforted. “I get it.”

She smiled with relief.  “I’ll definitely fulfil my promise tonight.”

I can’t help but beam with delight. She remembered her promise. I feel bad for even thinking that Atsuko would ever forget a promise between us.

“Since we only have a couple of scenes to shoot today, I should be done by 4pm. So, by the time you get home, they’re will be a yummy dinner waiting for you. Then, we can watch a film together. Have a bath together. And after, we can take things to the bedroom.” Atsuko finished with a suggestive smirk.

I feel myself blush at her proposal but I feel my heart soar. “I would like that.”

With a smile and a final stroke of my hair, Atsuko stood up. I immediately feel the coldness of the alone.

“Okay I’ll see you tonight.” said Atsuko. “Love you.”

“Love you too.” I reply.

And with a kiss, she was gone. Now I just had to get through the day without being too excited. But that said, I can’t stop my hopes from building.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panting, I collapse on the rehearsal room floor, my sweating back pressed against the room-length mirror.

“Here.”

I open my eyes to see Mari-chan holding out a water bottle. I smile and thank her, taking the water gratefully. I take deep gulps and instantly I feel the sweet coldness run through me. With an exhale of satisfaction, I turn to Mari-chan.

“You were right Mari-chan. I was just being crazy.” I say.

“I know. I’m always right.” says Mari-chan with a cocky smirk. “But... what am I right about this time?” she unexpectedly asks.

“About Yuko!” I exclaim.

She ahhs her realisation. “So nothing happened?”

“Nope. She says that they just went around the shopping mall and had dinner. Then, after they separated, Yuko went to the arcade.”

“The arcade?” questions Mari-chan.

“Yeah.” I confirm. “But she didn’t win anything.” I laugh.

Yuko would always blow so much money in the arcade. I remember when we went there together and she tried to win me a teddy bear with tickets. However, she totally sucked at the games. However, she did in the end get me the bear. At the cost of over thirty dollars. I could have bought the same bear, at a much cheaper price at a shop. Nevertheless, it was entertaining to watch Yuko all motivated and determined to win me a prize. It was nice watching someone work so hard for me. And it made me love her all the more.

Expecting Mari-chan to join in with my laughter, and to joke about Yuko’s failure at arcade games, I am surprised by the silence. I turn to her, to find her deep in thought. For some reason, Mari-chan looks bothered, but I don’t know why.

“Is something wrong?” I ask.

She looks up with surprise, as if she forgot I was here.

“No, it’s nothing.” Mari-chan answers.

Though she said it with a smile, I have my doubts. But before I can question it, the instructor asks us to start the routine from the top. As I stand, I see Takamina return to her position. I run to her, before the instructor can see.

“Takamina, after this, let’s have lunch together.”

With a smile and a quick nod, Takamina turned back round, ready to perform. I grin, gazing at the tiny back that held straight the tiny woman, supporting much heavier things than all of us. She truly is the leader of AKB48.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With my towel, I wipe away the sweat that has accumulated around my neck. Everyone has gone home already, leaving me alone to practice on my own. Usually I practised my singing, and then I move onto the dance routines, overall an extra two hours. I try to fit as much practise in as much as possible. It wasn’t that I wanted to be the best. I just want to be at my best. 

I sit on the stage, staring out into the empty audience. I’m not sure if I was becoming delusional from the exhaustion, but I could hear the cheers of the audience. I still remember the beginning, when I could count the number of people watching with one hand. Now, every performance was a full house. We have come so far, and I feel proud and accomplished. Yet I still feel greedy. I want AKB48 to be known world-wide, attaining world fame. Known for their music, dancing, and being the idols you can meet. And amongst these feelings, there is also apprehension. For myself.
What am I going to do? I know the time will come, when I have to graduate, but what will I do next? What will become of AKB when I leave? Even though Akimoto-sensei says that there is no AKB48 without me, what is he going to do when I’m truly not there? It’s not like I can stay forever. I know this and, though they don’t say, everyone else knows it too. And yet, like them, I’m too frightened to bring it up.

Shaking my head, I stand up. Time for one more song and then I’ll stop. Atsuko will be waiting for me.

------------ One Song Later --------------

Panting the last words of my solo song, I bow to the invisible audience, a grin pasted on my face. Suddenly, a single applause echoes through the empty supposedly theatre. I jump, chilling shivers running down my spine. I notice that the sound is coming behind me. Swallowing my fear, I spin round, facing the source of the noise.

“Haruna!” I exclaim.

She smiles a cheeky grin. “Did I scare you?”

I release a sigh, sounding like one of annoyance, but was actually a relieved sigh, thankful that it wasn’t a ghost. “I thought you went home.”

“I was going to.” Haruna says, watching her come towards me. “But then I thought ‘Takamina must be doing her extra practise’ so I decided to do a bit of game shopping and come back to invite you to dinner with me.”

I smile, happy that one of my best-friends could be so endearing and thoughtful. However, I already have someone waiting for me.

“I can’t Nyan-Nyan, I have to get home.”

Immediately a frown appeared on her face.

“Come on. I’m sure you can spare an hour for me.”

Haruna grabs my arm in a rather playful but possessive manner. I don’t usually mind it, but I am hot and tired, and just want to get home.

“Stop messing around Haruna.” I chortle, attempting to pull back my arm. “I really need to get home.”

“Why?” she snaps, causing my eyes to temporarily widen with shock.

I have only heard Haruna address Yuko in such a tone, when she got on Haruna’s nerves. I feel her hands slightly tighten around my arm, making me feel more aware of her proximity.

“Atsuko is waiting for me.”

I watch as Haruna’s demeanour instantly change, as if she had been released from a moment of possession. Her eyes look down, almost guiltily and I feel her clasp on my arm loosen.

“Fine.” I hear her softly mutter.

With a tiny push, she releases me. And the next thing I know, I am falling off the stage.

I nervously pace up and down the corridor, waiting for the doctor to come out of Takamina’s room. This is all my fault.

---------- An Hour Earlier --------

I’m not sure why, but I release Minami with an exasperated push. For some reason, it irks me that Takamina was ditching me to be with Atsuko. Sure, I understand that they are together, but Takamina sees her every day. They have to, they live together. So, why can’t Takamina spend one dinner with me?

Suddenly, I hear a crash. Rapidly I turn, to find Takamina gone. I rush to the edge of the stage. Instantly my blood turns to ice, chilling me to the bone, and my heart starts beating like crazy. My throat turns tight and my body freezes. I am unable to breathe. There, on the ground, Takamina’s still body lay.

“MINAMI!”

I jump down, quickly at Takamina’s side. She is as still as a china doll, and as fragile as one. Too afraid to touch her, I look around. I want to call for help, but no words come out. And no one would come anyway, everyone already gone home. I search my brain, thinking what to do. Then, I remember a programme I watched yesterday.
I put my ear to her mouth, like they did on TV, and try to listen to her breathe. However, over the pounding of my heart and the rush of adrenaline, I can’t hear anything. Panic quickly rises in me. But with deep breathes, I place my fingers on Takamina’s neck, feeling for a pulse.
There! A pulse. Reassured that she is at least alive, I immediately get up.

“Don’t worry Minami. I’ll get help.”

And with one last look, I run out of the theatre to the staff members working outside.

----------Present-----------

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Takamina, lying there, as if she was…

All of the sudden, the doctor immerses from Takamina’s room.

I immediately jump on him. “How is she doing? Is she okay? Is she awake? Can I go see her?”

The doctor looks at me and smiles. “Takahashi-san is fine.” he calmly answers. “To answer your questions; yes, yes and yes.”

I beam with the answers, and thanking the doctor, I head into Takamina’s room.

“Takamina!” I exclaim, seeing her sitting up in her patient’s gown. “How are you feeling?”

Takamina smiles at me, making my chest ache with worry and gladness.

“I’m fine.” she insists. “The doctor said it was just a very minor concussion and a twisted ankle. But they said that they had to keep me here tonight for surveillance.”

I sit in the visitor’s chair beside the bed, processing the information. A twisted ankle. That means Takamina wouldn’t be able to attend any of the theatre performances. Straightaway shame devours me.

“I’m sorry. It is all my fault.”

“No it isn't.” I hear her comfort me, with no effect to the suffocating shame. “It could have happened to anyone. It was my fault really for forgetting where I was and taking a step back, slipping off the edge of the stage.”

I can’t help but feel comforted by Takamina’s words, even though at the same time, they made me feel worse. Suddenly, I feel her stroke my head, her warm hand caressing my hair, making every single root tingle from the sensation. I remember seeing Atsuko do this to Takamina, and I remember a passing thought; 'How does that feel?'
I look up at her, seeing the same affectionate smile I have grown to know and love.

“Thank you Takamina.” I gently say. “And don’t worry; I’ll take care of you. Whatever you need, I’ll do it.”

She softly laughs, removing her hand away from me, making me feel strangely empty.

“Thank you Haruna.”

I gaze at her, examining Takamina’s features. Her large brown eyes, the cute dimples, her gentle smile… it is as if I am seeing her for the first time. And as I catch myself staring, I can’t help but feel the raise of temperature in my cheeks and the increased beating of my heart.

Suddenly, the door bursts open. In a blur, I see someone rush past me, holding onto Takamina.

“Minami! I came as soon as I could.” exclaimed the person.

After I get over my surprise, I realise its Acchan. Immediately, I feel like I’m intruding. I get up from the chair and take a step back. It is as if I’m not in the room. The two fawned over each other; Acchan in tears, while Takamina patted her head like a child. It was as if Acchan was the one in pain, rather than Takamina. However, from her tender expression, Takamina did not mind a single bit. As expected, Takamina is supporting Acchan.

Silently, I leave the room, suddenly uncomfortable with the sudden appearance and company of one of my best friend. As I walk down the corridor, I suddenly hear someone call my name.

“Nyan-Nyan!”

I halt, turning to Acchan. She stops in front of me, a grateful smile on her lips.

“Thank you for helping Minami. You are the best friend ever.”

She suddenly hugs me, letting me feel her usual warmth. I return the embrace, but I can only think how different she feels to Takamina.

When she leaves to go back to Takamina, I don’t know why, but I feel guilt pinch at my conscience.

Offline crazywota

• Doki Doki and Shit
  • Member+
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »
Ohgawd, I'm really inlove with this series! Thankyou for the fast updates  :thumbup
As for the latest Chapter, I'm really glad that everything is somehow fine with the atsumina couple  :deco:

But haruna.... are you really?? for takamina?? TakaHaru is my ultimate ship, so i really don't mind  :cow:
Can't wait for the next one  :thumbup

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 07:10:02 AM »
what takaharu no way... -_____- my heart hurts..

Offline Keisthename

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Keep Calm! Don't Sleep! I love- I ship! AtsuMina!
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
yes! and update! Thank you very much!  :kneelbow:

Oh god, haruna dont fall for Takamina, you're just confused! and I hope Takamina won't betray Acchan, it's okay to make her jealous but please.. don't betray her!! huhuh lol I'd rather want to see Acchan betraying Minami and she'll regret it in the future.. wahahha

anyways I was expecting continuous painful events as Acchan will break more promises in the future tahahahaha I don't know somehow I wanted to feel hurt for Takamina..  :on lol: I know I'm weird. but I'm rooting for Takamina revenge too hahahha :wahaha:

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:11 AM »
OMG!!  :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Very good chapter.

I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.  :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I am sad with Haruna too, She´s wrong with your relationship with Yuko ... at the end had just confusing feelings with Minami.

Offline chibi-nyao-chan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • and see if the spark is still there
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:26 PM »
oh it's like see a disaster coming but could do nothing to prevent this  :k-sad:
Haruna start to fall for Takamina but Takamina is so in love with Acchan !
Everyone will be hurt at the end, please don't do that  :k-sad:

You're a really good writer so please continue  :tama-excite:
See you~

Offline songbac

• Member+
  • kojiyuu forever
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 01:11:45 PM »
hmmm  :O :O, what are you think, haruna?? you falls to taka?? :bow: :bow: :bow: oh no, how about yuko??? :(, why does haruna have a feeling for takamina??  :angry:
i want to read next chapter? i want to know why does she think and have that feeling to takamina?? does that feeling she just for yuko?? :angry:

takaharu?? no way  :yawn: :yawn:
Love kojiyuu - yuko - chiyuu - miichan - hinana - haruna - takamina - sama - maachan forever

Offline karomuwi

• Rena-sama~ I adore thee!!!
  • Member+
  • I LOVE Mayuki, WMatsui, GekiBlack and Kojiyuu~!
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2012, 01:56:04 PM »
Ah...  :on crazygran:
Been a lurker ever since this fic started...
But now... I can no longer keep myself from lurking!!!  :frustrated:

Things have been interesting right from the start, and until the latest chapter!
The events that have been occuring to both couples made me go :OMG:
Like when that new girl came and started talking to Acchan like that. Grr...  :angry1:

And that Ha-something guy! :scolding:
How dare he try to make Yuko imagine Haruna as him, and use that to his advantage?! :temper:
ARGH! Those two are so infuriating! I just want to go and  :on voodoo:

But then... they kind of help in making those two couples suffer...
So~  :wahaha: Continue and make them feel even worse!
I can't wait to see/read what happens next!

Thank you so much for this fic! d (^u ^
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:03:45 PM by karomuwi »
Had a withdrawal, so now I'm planning to fall in love with the couples all over again

\(^ - ^)/
Here are my fics~! They can be found amongst these three. :hee:

Shots
Love's A Mission
Oh My Dolly!

R.A.Y
SoUL (Series)

The Akiba Family (T.A.F)

Offline Loveforever

• Member+
  • Eunjung
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
Takamina's a lady magnet! Lol takaharu is so cute!!!! Loving this story. Please continue :)

Offline axel0048

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ATSUMINA!!!
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
takaharu???? nooo  :mon whine:
please don't break my atsumina :mon geek:
it's okay if they quarrel a bit but please don't break them apart :mon cry:

Offline saeyukilover

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • SOUCHAAAN!!!
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »
Don't even think of love story about takaharu maybe friendship but not as lover   :tama-mad:

''HARD WORK WILL ALWAYS PAY OFF''

Offline moekare

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • OTP = WakaRei but will freak out if WakaMaiyan too
    • moekare_100
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
Nyan2 just feels envious since AtsuMina is so lovey dovey while KojiYuu is not  :nervous
I can't sense if this story will be TakaHaru (I hope),
this fic is really interesting! it has drama n conflict, which makes it more interesting  :twothumbs me likey  :heart:
update soon!
and please don't break my AtsuMina  :tama-mad:

Sharing gifs & pictures here http://moekare80.tumblr.com/
My blog where I post random things https://moonmoekare1.wordpress.com/

Wanna join Acchan48? Click my siggy!
Join my Acchan's group on FB

Offline Takamina_Captain

• ecchi
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
Harunaa...!!! please don't fall to takamina....takamina only belongs to acchan... :fap
 and please kill that Itaki Bitch in the next scene.... i'll support you.. :thumbup

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 06 - 22/07/2012]
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 07:12:04 AM »
@karomuwi: Awww well thank you for finally commenting, and a great comment it was  XD

And as usual, thank you for everyone great comments and... threats?  :lol:
This chapter took longer than expected but hopefully it was worth the wait :P
So bring on the reading and the comments  :bow:

P.S. I will be going on holiday later today and I will be without internet for a month. How am I going to survive?! So unfortunately, I am not going to be able to update for about a month. However, hopefully during this time I can write the next chapters and post them quite speedily when I get back. Fingers crossed  :twothumbs So, please be patient until I get back  and try not to miss me too much  :nya:

P.S.S. Sorry if there are mistakes. I finished this in a bit of a rush. So if there are mistakes, I will correct them when I come back  ;)

06 – Finish Line

Sweat drips down my back and clings to my white shirt as I run up the endless amount of stairs. I feel my heart trying to burst from my chest, my lungs beg for more air and my legs aching for me to stop. However, I don’t stop. I continue to run and run, as if I was in a race for my life. After the third flight of stairs, I finally reach the desired floor. Dashing down the corridor, I urgently hurry to the apartment. When I touch the door, I feel my legs about to give way. Nonetheless, I power through and throw back the door, ready to confront the person inside.

“Cut!”

A relieved exhale escapes me and I press my exhausted body against the door. Thank goodness it only took two takes. There was concerts, and then there was pure torture, i.e. running up three flight of stairs that are so narrow that probably just fits over half my foot and consist of about thirty steps, with each step carrying the same risk of slipping surely causing excruciating pain, and sprinting up these at full speed, and having to do it two times. I would totally prefer a 5-hour concert than having to run up those stairs again.

“Good work Oshima-san.” says the director, patting me on the back. “See you at the studio.”

I nod and sluggishly bowed. Quickly I am given a towel and a bottle of ice cool water. Gulping it down and patting myself dry, I slowly walk back down the corridor, dreading the fact that I have to walk down those cursed stairs again. Well, at least that was one scene out of the way.

Now, to get ready for the next shoot, which would take part inside the ‘apartment’. However, in fact, the scene would take place at the studios where they had constructed the apartment already.

A rush of dismay engulfs me.

Now the stairs don’t seem so bad.

------------ Later at the studio -----------

I anxiously wait on the set for Hayami-senpai. I am still furious about what happened yesterday, but I don’t know how to face him. It wasn’t like I could just berate him in front of everyone. Though it was his fault for all my internal turmoil, who knows what would get out and be blown out of proportion. And a scandal is not what I need.

Suddenly I heard people start to greet someone. I look up and instantly catch Hayami-senpai’s gaze. Quickly I look away. However, I hear his annoyingly easy casual steps coming towards me. And before long, he is in front of me, with his rather arrogant aura making me dislike him even more. Why have I never noticed this before?

“Good morning Hayami-senpai.” I reluctantly greet.

He smiles, making me instinctively cross my arms. “I thought I told you it was fine to call me Mokomichi.”

I look at him, giving him my ‘are you serious?’ look.

“I’m not comfortable addressing you as that, Hayami-senpai.” I coldly reply.

He looks at me for a moment, and then quickly looks around.

“Look,” he says with a lowered voice. “I know what I did yesterday was out of line and extremely inappropriate.”

I scoff at the obviousness.

“But I’m hoping,” he continues, ignoring my icy attitude. “even if you won’t forgive me, that we can put it past us and carry on working as colleagues.”

I glance at him for a second, remembering why he was a senpai that I actually respected. He always put work before anything, putting all his efforts into making a drama or film.

“Is that okay with you?” Hayami-senpai asks me earnestly.

Despite my initial resolve, I feel my stony defiance crumble away and before long, I give a nod of agreement.
With a sudden beam, Hayami-senpai gives me a quick but bold hug.

“Thank you Yuko-chan. You won’t regret it.”

And though the embrace was reassuring, though slightly too personal for my liking, why do I feel like I am going to regret it?

My eyes began to tear up as I stared at my script, the words blurring into a scribble. I squeeze my eyes shut and look again, but then the words began to swim in the sea of paper. Sighing loudly, I put the script down and let my head roll back, pinching the ridge between my eyes.

Honestly, I didn’t get any sleep last night. I could only think about what happened yesterday. How one second, I was happily guiding the new cast member, Itaki Mizuki, and the next, listening to her criticize me and my career. And I had just taken it. It was demeaning and frustrating.

Thankfully, Itaki isn’t working today. Tonight was a special night, and I couldn’t risk any chance of delay. With only this scene left to shoot, I could go home and make Minami the special dinner, as I previously promised.

Thinking back to this morning, I had wanted to tell Minami about Itaki, I truly did. But then, I thought, it was my problem. She was probably burdened by her work already and she didn’t need me adding my troubles on top of it. Besides, I’m sure many people have to deal with this sort of ridicule at work, especially in the entertainment business where the aim is to be known nationwide. And if I couldn’t face her, would I be able to face anybody.

“Maeda-san, it’s your turn.” one of the staff calls.

“Okay.” I reply, quickly putting down the script, and head to the set.

------------------ Later ---------------

I spend the afternoon buying items that will make the perfect night. I pick Minami’s favourite flowers, pink chrysanthemums. I buy the necessary ingredients to make Minami’s favourite meal, katsudon. And, I buy myself a new set of lingerie, a present for the both of us.

When I get home, I dot the chrysanthemums around the house, leading up to the bedroom, where I laid out my lingerie on the bed, dotted with pink petals. Then, I start preparing the katsudon. Even though I’m still a novice in cooking, I take pride in my katsudon making skills. I still remember the first time I made Minami katsudon. Even though it tasted ridiculously bad, she had eaten it all and even said it was delicious, just so she wouldn’t hurt my feelings.

I giggle at the memory and with excited anticipation. With the rice steaming and the chicken cooking, I just have to wait until I hear Minami enter the room, hearing her shout of arrival, and see the shock on her face. I can’t wait!

Suddenly I hear my phone ring. Turning off the gas, I quickly rush to the phone.

“Who could that be?” I ask myself.

I sit at the dining room, proud of the romantic candle-lit dinner I had prepared for Haruna and me.
I don’t know why, but I decided to make an impromptu dinner for us. One of my reasons was that we hadn’t done anything romantic in a while. However, another reason I didn’t want to admit, was that I may have subconsciously done this out of guilt for yesterday. Though it wasn’t my fault, I know that I am partly to blame for not heeding Haruna’s warnings and for allowing myself to lose myself during the moment.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door. Getting up, I hurry to the door. But not too quickly, my legs still slightly aching from my workout this morning. MaybeI’ll ask Haruna to massage them for me…

When I open the door, I meet an unexpected person. “Oh, it’s you Mariko.”

I step back, allowing her to enter.

“That’s such a nice greeting. Don’t make it sound too enthusiastic.” sarcastically said Mariko, though with a cheeky smile.

Then, she sees the dinner I had laid out. She spins to me, wearing a disgusting flattered look that makes me laugh.

“Is this for me? You shouldn’t have.”

“Haha, very funny. It’s for Haruna.”  I reply, guiding Mariko to the living room.

“So what can I help you with?” I ask.

Though Mariko’s visits weren’t unusual, they were normally announced or planned. If she had come spontaneously, it must be about something interesting or serious.

Mariko looks at me, and from her expression, I know it’s serious.

“Haruna told me you went to the arcade yesterday.” she mutters.

“Yeah.” I shrug; it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. “So?”

“Did something happen?”

I feel myself freeze. However, my hearts accelerates, pounding against my chest. From Mariko’s stare, I know she isn’t taking about when I went to the arcade.

“What makes you say that?” I reply, trying to keep as calm as possible.

“The only time you go to the arcade by yourself if when you want to win Nyaro something, or you have something on your mind. And seeing as Haruna told me you blew all your money and didn’t come back with anything, you must have been bothered by something. So, spit it out. Did something happen yesterday during your date with Hayami?”

“It wasn’t a date!” I hear myself exclaim. Catching myself, I look down, away from Mariko’s surprised gaze. “It wasn’t a date…”

“Okay, it wasn’t a date. At your…meeting with Hayami, did something happen?”

I can’t speak. My throat suddenly becomes dry and I have a difficulty in swallowing, as I attempt to gulp my saliva.

“Did he do something to you?” Mariko continues.

I bring my eyes back to Mariko.

“…No.” I say.

She looks at me, doubtful. “Are you sure?”

“Yes I am sure.” I say. Then, I force a laugh. “What is up with you Mariko? Are you thinking of being a detective when you graduate?” I convincingly chuckle. 

Mariko just looks at me, making me sweat though my blood runs cold.

“Fine.” finally says Mariko, allowing myself an internal sigh of relief. “I should go.”

We stand up and I walk her back to the door. However, just when she is about to leave, she turns to me.

“And Yuko. You should tell her.”

And just like that, she closes the door behind her. Fear and anxiety overwhelms me. How did Mariko know? Did she see? Did anyone else see? I begin to feel the panic began to rise. It was as if I was trapped in a balloon and the only way out was to pop the balloon myself. And popping the balloon meant telling Haruna exactly what happened. But could I do that, with my fear holding me back?

I jump when the phone suddenly rings. Quickly, I pick up the phone, thankful for the distraction.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Yuko?” replied a muffled voice.

“Haruna?” I know that voice from anywhere, even though her voice was distorted by poor service and urgency. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m on the way to the hospital-”

“What’s wrong?” I almost yell, alarm rushing through me. “Did something happen?”

“Nothing happened.” Haruna answers. “At least, not to me. Minami fell down and we’re on our way to the hospital.”

Though worried, I breathe a sigh of relief. But even then, one of my closest friends is hurt.

“Is she okay?” I question.

“They’re not sure yet. When we get there, they will need to run a few tests before they’re certain.”

“Okay. I’m on my way.” I say, grabbing my coat.

“Wait.” I hear Haruna’s voice, making me stop.

“What’s wrong?”

“You don’t have to come.”

What? Did I hear that right?

“What do you mean?” I demand, though trying to keep calm, acknowledging that Haruna was in a stressful situation. “I should come. Minami needs the support.”

“But you have work in the morning right?”

“…Yeah. But-”

“You don’t have to come. It’s better that way. I don’t want you to be tired in the morning and I’m sure Takamina would say the same.”

I hesitate. This was true and I can imagine Takamina beating herself up for causing me to miss work just because of her. I heave a heavy exhale.

“…Okay…” I surrender. “But when are you coming home-”

“We’re here now. Sorry Yuko, I have to go.”

“Wait-”

But I can only hear the dial tone. I glance at the dining room, and take the phone from my ear. Hanging up the phone, I head back to the dining table and with one last look, I blow out the candle.

My chest feels like it’s going to burst and my throat hurts from my fast breathing. And even though my legs cry with protest, I don’t stop, my own tears welling in the corner of my eyes. Finally, I reach room number 14.

Throwing open the door, I burst in. “Minami!”

But I freeze. There on the hospital bed was an elderly woman, with an elderly man and a younger woman, with her child, standing around her bed. And all their eyes were on me.
Instantly a red blush heats my cheeks. I quickly bow in apology and hastily leave. Did I get the wrong room? I rush back to reception.

“Sorry, I asked for the room where Takahashi is in.” I say to the nurse who helped me before.

She looked at me. “Yes, room 14. Takahashi Mimemi.”

I almost laugh at the mistake if it weren’t for my panic. “I meant Takahashi MiNAmi.”

Instantly the nurse lights up with realisation. “Room 16.”

Just two doors down from the room I went to before. I say a thanks and quickly dash back down the way I came. When I reach room 16, again, I burst in.

“Minami!” And when my eyes lay on Minami, laying on the bed, her leg up in a cast, my tears finally fall. I rush forward, immediately grabbing onto Minami, too afraid to let go ever again. “I came as soon as I could.” I cry into her hospital gown.

I feel Minami’s warm hand on top of my head, reassuring stoking my hair.

“Thank you Atsuko. I’m fine now.”

I can’t stop the tears. I just whimper a reply, so thankful it wasn’t anything more serious. And when I realise I should be the one comforting Minami, since she is the one that just suffered an accident, I feel even worse. And that brings even more tears. However, Minami just holds me, patting my back soothingly as I just cried into her shoulder. When I finally recover from my bouts of tears, I sit up and look at Minami through my teary eyes. Even through my blurry vision, I can see Minami smile, lightly wiping the wet tracks from my cheeks.

“I *hiccup* was s-so *hiccup* worried~” I sniff, taking deep breaths to calm myself. 

“I know.” replies Minami. “Thank you, but I’m okay.”

“What happened?” I ask, able to talk properly, instead of being a blubbering mess.

“I was just being stupid and I backed too far off the stage and I fell.”

I feel my jaw drop. Truly, only Minami could do such a thing. “You’re such an idiot.”

She laughs and agrees. “I know I am.”

“So, what about the cast?”

“Well, the doctor said that I unfortunately twisted my ankle but said I should be grateful it wasn’t a higher fall because I could have broken my leg. So, I only have to wear this cast for about two weeks.”

“But that means you won’t get to perform.” I say.

Immediately I see Minami’s down-casted expression and I instantly wish I didn’t say that.

“Yeah… but it’s okay. At least I get to be home, with you.” she shyly grins, making me hug her again. “And I can still go onto my programme recordings. I just have to take it easy.”

“Okay. But make sure you don’t push yourself.” I remind her, knowing full well that Minami would try her best either way.

But even so, Minami nods.

“It was actually thanks to Haruna that I even got here.” Minami says.

“Really? Where is she?”

“She’s right over-”

I turn to the direction that Minami is facing. However, I see no one there.

“Where did she go?” Minami quietly asks herself.

“She probably went home.” I propose. “Let me see if I can catch her before she leaves.”

Reluctantly leaving Minami, I exit her room, looking up and down the corridor. I easily spot Haruna’s long hair and tall figure.

“Nyan-Nyan!” I call.

She immediately stops, slowly turning to my voice. I quickly jog to her.

“Thank you for helping Minami. You are the best friend ever.”

I immediately bring her into a strong embrace, wanting to transmit all my gratitude into her. When I feel Haruna’s body carefully pull away from mine, I release her.

“Are you going home now?”

“Yeah…” she quietly answers.

I raise my brow at Haruna’s reserved demeanour, but then I remember it must have been stressful for Haruna too. So, I just hold her hand and smile, offering any support I can give. Then, when we part ways, I head back to Minami. And as I walk, I simply think; Haruna truly is the greatest friend.

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 08:00:38 AM »
OMG!! not I refuse.. takaharu.. -_- my atsumina and kojiyuu.. why why you are so cruel with me....

jajaj ok after my drama lines.. cool fic but i really really hope that its just a challenge..

Offline Keisthename

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Keep Calm! Don't Sleep! I love- I ship! AtsuMina!
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »
you mean you'll be gone in a month?? NOOOOOOO!!!  :gyaaah:
hahaha geez that'll be a long time of waiting.. haha but I understand I hope you can write in your holiday for updates..

and back to the story, OMG Atsuko really think that Haru's the greatest friend and maybe there will be Takaharu in the end??  :scared:waaahh betrayal? ugh.. that's painful.. but please.. let the ATSUMINA love last forever... (but okay you're title is how long does forever last? OMG!!! :grr:) B-but.. ATSUMINA will surely last forever!!! I'm betting my life for that!!!  :cool1:(wohohoh just kidding)

Offline kiruchi

• Pinoy Alliance >:D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Soda-addict Aries. Caffeine is my blood.
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
There's still a strong bond between Atsu-Mina so I'm not really worried about them breaking sooner or later... well... we don't really know when jealousy will strike and destroy everything, ne? ugh... Just stay strong Acchan and Takamina!!!!
Yuko and Haruna... just please made up will you.... I don't want to see a love-hate drama with love triangle on the side.. ><

Ja ne~
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:31:01 AM by kiruchi »

Offline Pandah

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »
D:

im praying that it wont be takaharu! LOL
my kojiyuu heart will forever hurt if thats the case !

but have fun on your holiday :D

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Free & Easy