JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Block Bastard

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 71077 times)

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 06 - 22/07/2012]
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »
THANKS FOR UPDATING

I HOPE YOU UPDATE VERY VERY SOON
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 06 - 22/07/2012]
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
I don't want anything happen to them

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 07 - 19/08/2012]
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2012, 03:57:45 PM »
I am back! *Throws souvenirs* I hope you guys didn’t miss me too much  ;) And once again, thank you for the comments  :love: Keep them coming  :twothumbs
P.S. Sorry if there are any mistakes. I wanted to post it today so I slightly rushed it. I will edit later if there are any :) *EDITED*

07 – Sweet and Sour

The music blasts through the massive speakers, resonating through my body. I silently observe from the darkness, holding my crutches tightly as they support my weight, as the girls dance in unison. The stage pounds with the sound of the members synchronised steps.

I remember the days when this was but a dream. When a group of young girls who knew nothing about each other, were expected to dance as one.  I remember the first dance lessons we had. They were gruelling, especially for me, who had absolutely no rhythm or experience. It was like military training, with the muscle and stretching exercises, hours of exhausting practise. And yet, there was minimal improvement. Each time we performed a routine, it was messy and unorganised. From the many shouts and scolding from the dance instructor, I remember one piece of advice that will stay with me till now.

“A dance is not just about the moves or the music. And a group dance is not about outshining other dancers. It is about synchronisation. You must move as one team. Each wave, each step, must be synchronised with everyone else, moving as if you are one being. Synchronise with the music, synchronise your mind with your heart and match it with the beat, and then, synchronise with everyone around you. This is the most fundamental factor of performing any dance. With any move, no matter how basic or outrageous it may look alone, together, it is beautiful.”

Synchronisation. That was what I took from that day, and from that point, I tried to learn everyone’s names. I thought, if I can’t dance with strangers, I can probably dance with friends. And from then, as everyone began to learn about each other, dancing became easier. Understanding one another’s feelings, thoughts and movements, knowing what they were going to do next. Soon, dancing became enjoyable and we were on a level that was performable. And after that taste of being on stage, with people watching me, listening to me, I knew I would never escape from this world.

That was why I am here today. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I had to come to the theatre, just to be able to absorb the atmosphere and see my dearly missed friends. Just to be able to inhale the sweet smell of determination and the sour scent of sweat and tears, an addicting mixture that I am addicted to, was enough to make me rush from the hospital and head to Akihabara. And I couldn’t stand being in the house for one more day. A week has passed since my injury, and according to my doctor who I saw before coming here, I still have one more week of home rest before I would be fit to perform again. This was the statement that finally pushed me over the edge.

As the music comes to an end and the girls remain in their finishing position, I see my usual spot is filled by another member. I brace myself for the expected income of insecurity and isolation, however I feel nothing. Instead, I feel glad that another member would have another chance to shine. And this thought, brought a smile to my face. Clapping my hands, the sound echoing through the quiet theatre, the members break their formation to turn to see who it was. Seeing their stunned faces, it makes me grin even more.
Suddenly, I am surrounded by a flock of chattering girls. Mewling over me as if I am an injured kitten, the team coo at my state, quickly bringing over a chair. They overwhelm me with questions about my condition, how I’ve been, what I’ve been doing, what it has been like not working and what I was doing here today. I try to answer the endless questions, while returning the many hugs I am receiving. 
Then, as the questions died down and their curiosity with my crutches grew, I smile as I nodded for them to try them out. With a cry of excitement, some of the girls run and start trying out the equipment, while others bid farewell as they have other places to go. As I sit and watch the members playing on the stage, I see Mariko head towards me with a mischievous smile.

“If Acchan knew you were here,” Mariko begins, stopping in front of me. “she would kill you.”

Guilt and anxiety flows through me at this. This hasn’t really occurred to me, now feeling the full weight of what I’m doing.
Atsuko has been nothing but good to me over the week. Making me meals, treating me with presents and surprises, waiting on my hand and foot, giving me the great amounts of pleasure and attention that I have been desiring for the past month. And though she couldn’t constantly be by my side because even though time had stopped for me, it didn’t for Atsuko, she managed to call at least five times a day, just to make sure everything was okay. And though, at first, it had been amazing to be the centre of Atsuko’s attention, soon that wasn’t enough to disguise the boredom of doing nothing all day. Television and games could only last so long. I was just itching to stand on the stage that I had danced, sung and cried on for over seven years.
And so, though I know Atsuko would be very disappointed and angry at my actions today, expecting me to rest constantly and almost confiding me to bed, I just had to go.

I look at Mariko and just smile.

“Only if she finds out.”

All of a sudden, a pair of long familiar arms wrap around my shoulders from behind. I immediately know who it is, experiencing this back hug many times. I simply place my hands on top of the slim arm, feeling the moist skin under my palms. After a moment, she releases me and steps in front of me, next to Mariko.

“What are you doing here?” asks Haruna sternly, completely different to her attitude only seconds ago. “Shouldn’t you be at home resting?”

However, just before I retort, Mariko’s phone rings. Quickly she pulls answers it, slightly turning her body. With fast responses, soon the conversation was over.

“Sorry guys, I have to take off.” she suddenly announces.

“So soon?” I ask.

“Yeah, mum wants me to go to hers for dinner today.” Mariko explains. “I’ll see you guys around.” 

And with that, Mariko disappears into the dressing room. Silence fills the area and I quickly notice that all the girls were also gone. I must have been too preoccupied to notice them leave, and they even left my crutches against the wall next to me. It is now just Haruna and me. Haruna remains hush, simply taking the crutches into her own hands and trying them out. With the height difference, the handles doesn’t even reach her arm pits, and when she begins moving around, she had to slightly bend her legs. I slightly frown at my inferior size.

“Do you want to go to dinner?”

I look up at Haruna, who just continues to hop around. I hesitate in my answer. Even though I would like to catch up on the latest gossip with Haruna, Atsuko doesn’t know I’m not at home and if she knew where I was, she would be worried sick. Then again, Atsuko doesn’t get back until 8 tonight, and it was now 5:30. So, I should be able to get back in time. And though I am thinking of a counter argument in my head, my mouth replies with a yes.
Haruna simply grins at my response, returning and placing the crutches next to me.

“I’ll just go get ready.” she says.

I nod, and watch her about to go behind the stage. But then, she stops. 

“You know…” I hear her begin. “… I missed you.” Haruna softly mutters.

I smile, feeling the warmth that Haruna could so easily bring.

“I missed you too.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner is quiet, but a comfortable quiet. Already filled with bubbly laughter, we start to eat our dinner silently. Hence it quiet. Passer-bys may think we were awkward, but that didn't matter. We know we are each other's bestfriend and even though we know we can tell each other anything, silence is also as comfortable as a conversation. We talked about what it was like for Minami not to be at the theatre, how things were going with us, about the recent weather, everything. At least, almost everything.
Amongst our talks, I had noticed one thing. I wasn’t sure why, but neither of us asked about our girlfriends. It was odd, but then again, it wasn’t like I didn’t meet with Atsuko and Minami sees Yuko quite often. And yet, isn’t it normal to ask about each other’s relationship? Don’t girls usually talk about their relationship’s ups and downs? And yet, since we had known about each other's relationships, we have never questioned about them.

As I ponder over this unusual fact, I suddenly hear a familiar ringtone. I see Minami fumble through her short pockets, pulling out her mobile. I observe her answer the phone and from the immediate change in demeanour and her twinkling eyes, I know exactly who it is. However, as I stare, I detect a sense of frantic from Minami’s expression. But before I can consider this odd reaction, Minami focuses on me for a second and sends me an apologetic expression, before absorbing herself into the conversation again and excusing herself. I look down at my plate, my appetite suddenly disappearing. As she leaves, my ears prick to a quiet whispered reply.

“I’m…at home.”

Even though I am staring at my dish, my eyes widen with shock. This is the first time I’ve heard Minami lie, let alone to Atsuko. And I can’t believe it. Why would she do that? Why would Minami even need to lie? I don’t understand what is going on. Am I being kept a secret? But why? My mind explodes with confusion at what is going on. However, I don’t have time to think.

What felt like seconds, Minami returns.

“Sorry about that.” she says, lightly smiling.

I only shake my head, keeping my eyes down.

“It’s okay.”

We continue dinner, as if nothing happened. As if I wasn’t part of a lie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I unlock the front door of my house. And just as I walk, a stoic figure stands. I immediately freeze, terror rushing through me. Atsuko stands in the middle of the hallway, both hands on her hips, and a furious expression on her face. But why was she here? I thought she would be at the set until 8? It was only 7pm.

“Where have you been?” exclaims Atsuko. “I have been calling you for almost an hour!”

I flinch at the cold voice. However, I wonder why I didn’t hear my phone? It might have been because after her first call at dinner, I put my phone into my bag and the ringtone was drowned out by the chatter…

“I was at the theatre.” I reply, which was true.

I see Atsuko slightly relax, but it is not over.

“So when I called you, you weren’t at home?” quietly demands Atsuko.

My hands instinctively tighten around the crutches, wishing they would support me and help take me away.

“…No.” Hurt immediately crosses over Atsuko’s face. “But,” I quickly answer. “I didn’t want you to worry.”

Though she still has a pained expression, I can see Atsuko physically calm down. She begins to step towards me, but I don’t have the courage to meet her halfway. She stands in front of me, and I can’t help but become captured in her rather sad eyes that makes my heart hurt. Suddenly, Atsuko brings her arms around me, one hand on my back and the other holding my head against her heart.

“Minami…” she sighs. “You didn’t have to lie. I would have understood. Though I’m still upset you lied to me. You can understand that right?”

I nod, letting my head sink against Atsuko’s chest, surrendering myself to her. However, I am still afraid. Afraid that Atsuko’s heart will be able to hear the lies and regret that echoed inside my head, through my ears. So, I am the first to break away. Atsuko allows me to withdraw, but keeps me within her grasp, her hands running up and down my arms sending shivers through me.

“You must be hungry.” I feel my insides twist. I don’t answer. But I don’t need to. “I’ll make us something.

Then, she turns and heads to the kitchen. With hesitation, I carefully follow her.

“So did you go anywhere else today?” Atsuko calls over her shoulder, as she disappears into the kitchen.

I am about to answer but an impulse strikes.

“No.”

And as soon as the lie leaves my lips, I feel sick. Why did I lie again? All of a sudden, Atsuko enters the room again and I am frozen. Has she caught my lie? Apprehension and panic fills my heart. Suddenly, Atsuko engulfs into another hug, this one much urgent and fervent that the last. I feel Atsuko hot breath on my neck, heating the skin underneath her soft lips.

“Don’t ever do that to me again.” I hear her whisper.

My heart breaks at the soft voice and I can’t help but want to cry.

“I’m sorry.” I admit.

For more than one thing.

I open the door to the apartment, feeling light from the enjoyable dinner I had with Minami, but weighed down by the heaviness of what I heard. That tiny fib… it still haunts me. I just can’t think of any reason as to why Minami said such a thing, except she didn’t want Atsuko to know about her whereabouts because she didn’t want Atsuko to worry. But even if this was the reason, it doesn’t justify her actions. Why did I have to become part of a lie that I wasn't meant to hear? Confusion clouds my head so much that I didn’t even notice the figure sitting on the couch.

“Haruna!”

I jump at the loud voice, turning to the source. There, I see Yuko sitting, wearing an exasperated and worried expression.

“You didn’t come home for dinner.” she sternly states. “Where did you go?”

Suddenly, I realise why Yuko was looking so uneasy. Today, Yuko finished her shooting early and we had agreed to have dinner together. Immediately shame builds up inside me. And I think Yuko could see I had forgotten because she soon stands up and is about to head to the bedroom.

“Wait!” I cry. “Minami had come to the theatre today and… and I asked if she wanted to have dinner.”

Yuko stops, but doesn’t look at me. I can tell she is hesitating, wondering if she should be angry or not for what I truly had forgotten.

“Is she okay?” Yuko finally asks.

I feel relief that I wasn’t being completely ignored. Usually it was me doing the ignoring, but when Yuko was angry, it was truly frightening. Thankfully it occurred rarely, and was never directed to me. Until now.

“Yes, she’s doing much better.” I answer. “But she still has one more week of home rest.”

Yuko turns and faces me. Thinking I am forgiven, I take a step forward. However, as I gaze at her stony expression, I know I am not yet off the hook.

“So why did you take her out to dinner when Minami should have been resting at home?” she demands.

I swallow, attempting to loosen my tightening throat.

“I just thought she needed time away from the house. You know Minami, she couldn’t stay in the house another day. She needed to get away.”

After a moment, which felt like ages, Yuko’s features finally relax.

“Fine, I get it.” she says, which makes my heart soar. “But you should have at least called me.”

“I’m sorry.”

I see her hesitate once again. Sadness decorates her facial features and remorse aches within me.

Then quietly, Yuko mutters. “You worried me.”

My chest is really hurting now.

“I’m really sorry.” I emphasize, truly feeling sorry.

She looks at me for another moment and I try to convey my apologetic feelings. As I gaze into those large eyes, I also see something other than hurt. However, I don't have time to analyse it. Yuko breaks the brief contact and turns back round. I’m not sure if she received my message, but even so, I feel the repentance swirl in my stomach.

As I watch as Yuko disappear into the bedroom, I do not pursue her. I can’t bring myself to do it. This is because even if I do, I can’t go near her. I am afraid that she’ll know that even though I was truly sorry for not letting Yuko know where I was, I’m not sorry that I was with Minami.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:25:01 AM by melon-lover »

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2012, 04:06:53 PM »
WOHOOOO...
 :on lol: :on lol:
Finally your back!!!
WELCOME BACK!!!
hihihi
 :kekeke:
i really love ur fic..so much!!! :inlove:
 :luvluv1:
thank you for the update!!
 :kneelbow:

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Thanks for the update! This fanfic is really amazing :) Love all the character interactions :D But I can't help but worry though knowing whats coming! Hope Atsumina and Kojiyuu will stay strong!

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2012, 12:04:15 AM »
Welcome!!

What a chapter! It was very exciting.

I'am really wanting to know what happens in the next.

:farofflook: :farofflook: :farofflook:

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2012, 01:04:34 AM »
T_T I'm sad for them

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:38 AM »
I dontknow if  I can kepp looking this fic.. hurt a lot my OTP been destroying...  a little.. but I like the drama jojo so.. Im waiting a little.. I dont know why but I feel that haruna and minami gonna regreat this action a lot

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »
Drama is fine to make the story more interesting but please don't break my OTP apart :(
But, does MInami feel something for Haruna then? Otherwise why would she lie?

Sese

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2012, 08:15:26 AM »
But, does MInami feel something for Haruna then? Otherwise why would she lie?

^THIS  :(

Offline Wmatsui22

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
THANK YOU FOR UPDATING

I REALLY LIKE IT

I WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT CHAPTER
hello.

I am a fan of AkB48.

I really love their songs.

I really like their fan fiction.

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
OH MY GAWD, HOW THE HECK DID I NOT COME ACROSS THIS FIC BEFORE?!!!!!!!!!

I have so many 'feels' for this incredible fic, that I don't even know how to explain...

But if I can try to express it...

First off...Atsumina, my OTP I always come back crawling to somehow. Their relationship truly touches my heart. That love and affection as well as understanding is trying it's best to pull through even though certain events are trying to tear them apart. It's simply so heartfelt and warm, like no matter what they 'are' each other's everything and the evidence is there to prove it when it comes to how their love for each other is still there at the end of the day. Waiting and staring at each other and what not after a day's long of unlucky events. I am moved to tears.

Second...Kojiyuu, personally I am not a big fan of this pairing. I do like them two very much though and it doesn't really matter since it's only my thoughts...Like the pairing above, I also definitely no...most certainly feel my heart ache for these two. They have a lot of issues they need to work out though, because they are delaying important conversations that are very likely to cause misunderstandings. Like seriously they need to talk heart to heart and quit the delay then assume option thing thing majigg. I know they must love each other though.

Third...TakaHaru, is it wrong to grin so widely every time I read their interactions?! Haha, I am smitten by this pairing and definitely how their feelings are definitely developing or should I say altering somewhat unconsciously for each other? I mean I can actually understand how these two must feel...deprived and lonely of the love they're always needing, but feeling defeated every time their needs become delayed. I totally feel the guilt for liking these two so much though, when I know what would happen to Atsuko and Yuko if that did happen though. Hearts will break, and the mess will pile up even more...They get a long so well though...minus the whole Haruna pushing Takamina off the stage thing..but you know what?! I was hoping this meant Koji would have to end up taking care of Takamina in her guilt though hahahah. It was cute none the less. Then I'm not really sure about Minami except I know she feels comfy with Haruna...But Haruna for sure has feelings for the short girl. Sinfully, my heart beats faster when Haruna says things like "Whatever you need, I'll do it." <---Ummm...NOSEBLEED?!** or like the hug she gave at the theater...As of now again, I am unsure of how Minami feels, but then umm... Kojibabe-homewrecker for the win? lol

So, if I had to choose between the couple I'd like to see at the ending it'd be TakaHaru...Simply because that shizness will blow other peoples minds. Things don't always have to be done right. lol....Oh yeah, heyy~ I'm rooting for the prologue where they're like "this is wrong." <--Pfft haha. All and all though the truth is I don't really mind though, whatever happens and what pairings will continue to stay or be broken. You as the the Awesome Author of this fic choose, and I will be gleefully contented. Your efforts are most appreciated here and I will be glad with whatever you reward us readers with in the future updates.

About those who be threatening you Author-san...just be like "Come at me bro, bump the fic" lol. Sorry, I rambled nonsense in this comment...I just thought maybe  it'd make up for all those chapters I didn't have enough luck to read before in the first place. Ahhh, I've been stalking your fics too. I've mentioned this in another one of my comments on your work, but again I love all your work. I can say I was sinfully in that heaven/hell paradise of a place after reading your smuts on tumblr. Geki/black had me drooling...It was an artistic masterpiece I tell you! I'm gonna read it again...lol, wish there was another part to add! I know you said it was final already though...ugh, bummer for me.... If I can request though...Perhaps, you can write a TakaHaru one?! That would bring me to Nirvana I tell you O^O <--- Already near heaven at the thought.

Well, after the past couple of hours...I am officially one of your greatest fan. Really! Please update soon, I will be awaiting with excitement!  :heart:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:25:47 AM by anonymousdowner »

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 08 - 07/09/2012]
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »
@ anonymousdowner : Thank you for the wonderful comment :D I like your insight on all the pairings and thank you for the support  XD Yes I saw your comment on the co-ed smut I did and I was also very happy seeing the comment. Ahhh, I see you read my other smuts too LOL. Ooo a request. Hmmm a TakaHaru smut... of course! I will add it to me to-do list  :D Wow, I'm really happy you like my work so much   :wub: I'm also a fan of your WMatsui fic and am happily waiting for the update and when I get the chance, perhaps I can check out your other works  :)

I honestly don't know why it took me so long to write this chapter  :nervous It might have had something to do with my other fics that I'm doing but what can you do. Thank you for the comments once again  :) I know no one wants their OTP broken, but I’m warning you guys this fanfic isn’t for the faint hearted. I’m not going to spoil anything, but there is going to be a lot of drama and angst. I’m going to be pretty ruthless writing this fic and if some of you can’t continue reading, I fully understand. And for those who will continue, please enjoy and comment

08 – Just the Beginning

I relax my back against the dressing room, exhaustion quickly sinking into my bones. It’s been eight days since Minami’s accident, and I still can’t rest easy. When I received that phone call, I felt my heart stop and my world disappear in an instant. That inconceivable fear… I never want to feel anything like it again.

However, last night I was forced to live through the horror once again. When I returned home early, to surprise Minami, I discovered she wasn’t there. Already with an ominous feeling, it was made worse when Minami didn’t answer her phone. I immediately began worrying, thinking about the worst. How was I supposed to react when Minami, who always answered my calls, didn’t? Then, even after nearly an hour of calling, I was actually losing it. It was terrifying.
When she returned, I was furious. How was I supposed to react when my injured girlfriend suddenly disappears without any sort of notice, and doesn’t answer her phone?  However, when Minami told me that she visited the theatre, I couldn’t help but feel guilty and relieved. Knowing she was with our friends was reassuring, but even so, I wish she had told me.
I realise I should give her space, her need to perform greater than most, but I can’t help it.

I just don’t want to lose her.

“Atsuko-san, the set is ready for you.”

Nodding, I stand up. Well, having given Minami a call when I arrived at the studio, it put me slightly at ease. However, even that wouldn’t make today any better.

As I enter the set, my eyes immediately land on the ‘beautiful’ woman… Itaki Mizuki. The very person I am dreading to see. As usual, she is sucking up to the director, who is completely smitten by her thoughtless compliments. Suddenly, I see her look in my direction. I see the devilish smirk. And as quickly as it appeared, it transformed into a sickly sweet smile. My frown deepens when Itaki waves enthusiastically, her façade making me ill. The thought of having to work with her, for the whole day, causes the dread in my heart to grow.

Yep, today is going to suck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bitterness swells within my mouth, the hot green tea burning my throat. With a satisfied sigh, I put down the china cup, watching Sae do the same.

“So, what is this about?” asked Sayaka, tactless as usual, popping another dumpling into her mouth.

I sigh again, but this time with anguish. I had asked Sae and Sayaka to meet me at the usual Chinese restaurant for lunch, after my schedule. I had said I just wanted to see my close friends, but in truth, I wanted advice.

“I want to talk to you guys about something.” I say.

The two wait for me to continue. With insecurity, I swallow.

“It’s about me… and Haruna.”

I immediately see Sayaka lean in curiously, while Sae just sits quietly, staring into her tea.

“Lately, I’ve been feeling insecure. I’m starting to feel… jealous, of Takamina.”

Sae and Sayaka remain silent, mulling over what I just said. From Sayaka’s expression, I can tell she is surprised, while Sae… well she was just drinking her tea but with a somewhat disturbed expression. 
I feel myself becoming more self-conscious, exposed. This is the first time I’ve ever spoken to anyone about the problems of my relationship. Sure, I adore Haruna, there is no doubt. However, ever since my horrid date with Hayami-senpai, things have been strained. And with my drama, and her constant schedule, it’s been difficult to have any alone time. Plus, with Haruna spending more and more time with Takamina, I’m starting to feel inferior. With their history, and their obvious deep bond with each other, I can’t help but feel nervous that Haruna might have second thoughts. And this scares me more than anything.

“Why?” asks Sayaka, finally speaking. “Isn’t Takamina with Atsuko?”

“Yes…” I answer.

I know that Takamina is with Atsuko, and in a loving relationship. And I know that I should trust Haruna more, but that isn’t the problem. The problem is me. What if… I’m not capable of loving Haruna enough?
I already kissed someone else. And yet I haven’t told Haruna about it. Though this secret has been burdening me, I can't bring myself to tell her, too terrified of the reaction. And perhaps, this has made me paranoid because, though I know she loves me, Haruna could easily do the same. Being so beautiful, she could easily be with someone else, matching her higher stature, rather than me. Sensing this, maybe I’ve been more cautious and aware of how we interact with each other and others. Maybe this pressure was what has been making me more troubled than necessary.

“Then you shouldn’t have to worry about it.” Sayaka concludes, slightly to my disappointment.

I was hoping that the former captain of Team K would have more input, some sort of advice with more substance. But then again, it wasn’t as if either of them had much experience in terms of intimate relationships. I know the two had a brief moment, but then they returned to being friends, uncomfortable with the concept of being more.

“Just marry her.”

We both snapped our gazes to Sae, who calmly sat, continuously sipping at her tea.

“What?” I exclaim.

“Marry Nyan-Nyan.” she calmly repeats.

I almost choke on my own spit. What is Sae saying? Marry her? We’ve only been seeing each other for 9 months, how could I marry her!

“What are you talking about?” demanded Sayaka, confused as much as me by what her best friend was saying.

“Well, you’re both the right age and you both love each other. Isn’t that what you want to do? Be Kojiharu’s bride?”

There isn’t anything in this world that I want more. But surely, it is much too soon. At least, I think it is...

“Well…yes." I admit. "But-”

“Then do it. Propose to her.”

I look at Sae, my eyes wide with disbelief. When I wanted something of substance, I didn’t expect something like this. Even the thought is humorous. And soon after I think this, I hear a snort next to me. I turn to Sayaka, who is bent over the table, covering her mouth. Suddenly, she bursts in her gallant laugh. 

“Oh Sae, you really say the funniest things.” she hoots.

I watch as Sae’s lips curl into a smile, and she starts to cackle as well. Mindblown, I sit there, watching the pair guffaw. Have I been tricked? But then, I feel my own lips start to twitch. It was rather funny actually. I feel myself start to laugh, the outrageousness of the idea too amusing.

We laugh and laugh, until the waitress approaches us and asks us to quieten down. However, this only makes us laugh even more, my stomach cramping with the excessive mirth.

Although, in reality, Sae’s words echo in my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Stop right there Yakima Kana.” I command.

She stops, turning to face me with a pestered expression.

“What did you do?” I demand. “Kojiro-kun hasn’t talked to me for days.”

“I didn’t do anything.” she merely replies.

“Don’t lie to me! You did something didn’t you?”

“I’m not petty. If you have problems with my brother, go speak to him yourself.”

Just as she is about to walk away, I rush forward and grab her wrist, halting her.

“I’m not done.”

“Let me go!”

Itaki throws her arm up, making my grip loosen and release her, like the script says. However, what Itaki does next isn’t in the script. When she throws my arm aside, her other hand pushes my shoulder roughly, with such force that it makes me gasp, and I feel my balance sway. Then, the next thing I know, I am sitting on the floor. An immense pain runs up my body from my tail bone. That is going to bruise.

“Cut!”

I glare up at Itaki, who is covering her mouth with her hand, displaying a look of shock. However, from her eyes, I catch the glint of glee.

“I’m so sorry that was entirely my fault.” her high pitched voice exclaims. “I must not know my own strength. Let me help you up.”

She offers her hand. While I hear the mumbles of relief around me, I stare up at Itaki. I am extremely reluctant to take it, but with everyone watching, I have to. Holding onto her hand, she forcefully pulls me up, making me push against her body.

“This is just the beginning.”

My eyes widen with shock at the whispered words. I quiver runs through my body as the chilled tone passes through my nerves, until I fully comprehend their meaning. Quickly, I pull away and stare at Itaki with a mild horror. However, her smile is as always, innocent and deceiving.

------------- Later -----------------

I turn as I hear the door open and as expected, Itaki walks in. As soon as the door closes, I stand up.

“Why did you push me?” I confront. “That wasn’t in the script.”

Itaki merely smiles, taking her seat at her dressing table. “What can I say, I got into character.”

I gaze at her with fiery. We both know this isn’t the truth but if she wasn’t going to admit it, how could I prove it was a lie.  Frustration overpowers me.

“What have I done to you to deserve this?” I demand, the rage making my hands ball into tight fists.

Simply glimpsing at me, Itaki continues sorting out her make-up.

“I knew you wouldn’t remember me.”

What? Puzzlement quickly subdues my anger. Remember her? Why would I remember her? I've never seen her before in my life.

“Well I have changed a lot since you’ve seen me.” Itaki continues.

Suddenly, she spins in her chair, her large eyes catching my gaze.

“Do you remember in junior high, you were the quiet girl who had barely any friends."

I feel my heart quicken with panic. How does she know this?"

"And in your class, there was this one girl that everyone used to call Flubber.”

I remain quiet, my brain racking my supressed memories, back when I was shy and rather dark. Flubber? Who was called such a cruel nickname?

“This girl, who was on the larger side, she was your best friend. Well, that is, until you betrayed her.”

Suddenly I am at a loss as the memories fill my brain. My body freezes and my heart stops. I stare at the woman who was making my current life a pain, and realise that there was indeed a reason for it all.

“…Mizu-chan?”

Itaki smirks, probably savouring the look of despair on my face.

“That’s right Atsuko. And it’s Mizuki now.”

I am speechless. Itaki Mizuki is Mizu-chan? How is this possible? She looks nothing like her. The girl who was almost obese, with the short greasy hair, face covered in acne and thick prescription glasses. How could she be the same person? But she is.
When the confusion subsides, a sudden guilt takes over.

“I’m sorry.” I hear myself mutter.

However, my apology is made worthless by the quick scoff that comes from Itaki’s mouth.

“It’s too late for apologies now. That moment when I saw you on TV, after you transferred, I knew immediately what I was going to do. I was going to become more famous than you, outshine you, and then make you feel as much pain as I felt at that moment you betrayed me.”

I silently watch her stand, taking easy steps towards me, and I am unable to move or talk.

“Now, I’m going to make your life a living hell. That is, until the drama is over.”

I watch as her beautiful face is only inches away and stare as her hand raises, until it tickles the tips of my hair. I am too shocked and too petrified to move.

“But know this, I’ll always be around. Any new project you start, be sure to know, I’ll be closely following, ready to work with you again.”

As quickly as she came towards me, Itaki steps back. I watch her open the door, taking her leave.

“Like I said before Atsuko, this is only the beginning.”

Then, she is gone.

After a moment, I listen as the room clock ticks, counting away the seconds. One by one, the seconds continue to pass, but I remain frozen, stuck in my own time.
Finally, my knees finally give way and I collapse onto the floor for the second time today, letting the hopelessness wash into me.

I lay across the sofa, with Haruna spooning my small body. We watch the programme that has started, too lazy to change the channel. However, I pay no attention to the television. I only focus on the sound of Haruna’s quiet breath, the feel of her subtle movements of her diaphragm, and the warmth of her arm around my stomach.

“Haruna… do you ever think about the future?” I ask.

“Hmm?” she mumbles.

I wonder if she is still concentrating on the TV, but I continue anyway.

“Like in five years, do you imagine where everyone will be?”

There is a pause, before she answers, “I’m not sure.”

“Okay, in five years, where do you see Mariko?”

I could literally hear Haruna’s brain ticking over it. Perhaps I am expecting too much from Nyan-Nyan after a full day of schedules.

“Hmm… I guess she would have her own fashion line.”

I feel a little grin tease at my lips.

“And where do you see Mii-chan?”

“That’s easy. She’ll have her own variety show.” Haruna laughs.

I fully smile, feeling her laughter jiggle against my back.

“Atsuko and Takamina?”

“They’ll… be married. And have two kids. One girl and one boy.”

My chest flutters, the thought of having the same fate, provoking my heart. I swallow my anxiousness and dare myself to ask.

“And… us?”

The following hesitation makes me sweat with uneasiness. Was Haruna thinking about it or was the question about us too difficult to answer? I feel her shift slightly behind me and I become even tenser.

“I… don’t know.”

My heart instantly drops and I feel my mouth twitch with a frown. Did she not think about the future or... was it that there was no future for us?
Before I completely threw myself into the depths of despair, I take a deep breath.

“You haven’t thought about us?” I find myself asking, though I fear the answer.

“No.” she truthfully says.

This is better than my latter thought, but it still greatly upsets me. She can think about everyone, but how can she not picture us? Can she not imagine us married, with kids too? Though Haruna’s dopiness usual amuses me, this time I find it irritating.
I am about to get up, when I feel Haruna’s arm tighten around me.

“But, I have thought about now.” Haruna mutters, her hot breath hitting my neck. “And right now, I just want to spend as much time with you and show you how much I love you. Is that okay?”

Feeling Haruna’s hand gently move, stroking my stomach, I find myself melting under her touch. I wouldn't surrender so easily, if Haruna's touches weren't so tantalising. Though I’m still concerned, I’m more at ease now than before. At least the present is good. I'm content that she loves me now.
Although marriage was probably out of the question, and wasn’t in Haruna’s mind now, it will be in mine in the future. But we'll get to that when we're ready.

“…Okay.”

I automatically turn, magnetically drawn to Haruna’s plump lips. And we kiss. Then we proceed to show each other how much we love each other, until the sun begins to rise.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:20:50 PM by melon-lover »

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2012, 12:45:39 AM »
 :shocked :shocked
poor Acchan!

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
Acchan! If only Takamina didn't have an injury she'd come and save her :P
Thanks for the update, really loving your fic :D It really is hard to decide what pairing to root for in this fic :O Takamina and Haruna have a good history and they're so sweet to eachother in this fic. But Atsuko and Minami are meant for eachother and need eachother more I believe. Hm...Its def tough.
Thanks for the update once again, looking forward to the next chapter ^^

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »
Again, I am moved to tears. Wipes the corner of my eyes* Damn this sappy music I'm listening to isn't helping either.

Well...There is a smile on my face though and I am so happy Melon-san, so, so, so, happy to see your update after refreshing the fanfic thread. I even checked it out twice just to make sure it was really there and updated. For a second I thought I could have been seeing stuff...I don't know, been a little crazy and wary lately.

Onto to the chapter, I just love how you describe the characters. Each and every one of them...just the aura of this fic (Yes, it definitely has one) feels so...human? The angst, the love, the drama is all there and I as the reader can feel just about the same emotional turmoil the characters are going through while simply taking in the text. I'm sitting here literally putting in my own comment each time a character thinks or says something.

First off with Atsuko, just omg tears* She loves Takamina that much eh? It's almost like...her beloved girlfriend is the only thing left keeping her strong and positive. Especially with that horrible Itaki-foo that makes her work a nightmare when her sense of professionalism is now backfiring against her. SMH, sadness...Then to her and our revelation they supposedly know each other?...Wow, I wonder what Atsuko did to that girl. Must've sucked, but I'm sure maybe she had to have had a reason to do whatever she did right? T^T Hmm ...I will never know, until you update that is lol.

Then with Yuko, this was my face while reading her pov. (START) --> (^w^) --> (^_^) --> (-__-) --> (;__;) --> (T_T) --> ~~~ "A river named Yuko" ~~~ (END) lol, okay stopping with the nonsense. I can feel her slowly starting to lose it, but the love in her heart for Haruna is just so precious to her that she's trying her best to hold on even though she's having a hard time trying to figure out how. The ending scene for Kojiyuu is so beautiful, as to how it is sad.

Lastly with Takamina and Haruna...I'll be honest, I was looking forward to some TakaHaru action lol (GUILTY) Us readers didn't get their insight for this chapter, but I stand firm on my sinful pleasure wanting to read them subtly have their not-yet-fully-acknowledged affair haha. Heartbreaking drama for the win!  :peace:

Thanks for the chapter again Melon-san! It was kind of short so my heart couldn't handle the needing to read more thingthing all us readers get, but I'm am grateful for this wonderful portion none the less. About my fics, when it comes to my favorite authors checking out my own fics I become embarrassed. I am inferior...so yes, I'm embarrassed. If you do though, it'll be an honor, and I'll also most likely feel motivated too. My Wmatsui fic should be updated by tomorrow I hope, it takes a while to rotate on fics and try to make it good at the same time...but eh, excuses I'm stirring in my bed with great fics like yours on my mind most of the time lol.

Sorry I rambled on again, and left a long comment of nonsense. It just happens...I feel compelled to give you my best of opinion though, because I love your work. Update soon!!! :heart:

Edit: I ALMOST FORGOT! TAKAHARU SMUT?!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dis me right durr
         :down
 :wigglypanda:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:39:36 AM by anonymousdowner »

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:08 AM »
I'm scared reading your updates because I don't know when will Takaharu's affair scene will turn up and I'm afraid that my heart can't stand seeing Atsuko becoming heartbroken once that affair is caught. I don't hate Takaharu at all, but I still feel sorry for Yuko even though I'm not a Kojiyuu shipper :(. I understand the insecure feeling that she's having regarding her relationship with Haruna. Haruna seemed a bit...hesitating when talking about Atsumina's future, now this is a sign. What I want to know is whether Takaharu' feeling is truly...feeling built out of romance or it's just a fling, a misconception due to being left alone by their respective lovers. But I'm happy to know that Atsuko's really really really in love with Takamina. But like what arrow27 said, I'm still rooting for Atsumina (because they're married) because they are meant for each other and their bond is so deep that it can't be broken that easily (even in real life). I'm a Taka-oshi but somehow I'm on Atsuko's side in this fic XD.

I'm not a faint-hearted so I'll follow this fic till the end. I don't mind dramas, storms, or whatever as the story progresses as long as I can have a confirmation that my OTP will be together in the end. But knowing you you won't tell me that, right XD?

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2012, 04:44:13 AM »
aww my dear otp.. why haruna why... I guess need a  big challenge ...

Offline Trickster

• E. R.
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2012, 12:54:55 PM »
melon-lover-san, you got me
this fic is so heart-breaking, really. well, I'll keep rooting for Atsumina and Kojiyuu no matter what XD
will keep watching this fic :thumbsup

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Block Bastard