JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Hane no Hikari

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 71096 times)

Offline yuksun

Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 10 - 11/10/2012]
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »
 :twothumbs THIS FIC IS GREAT , I HAVE JUST READ IT IN FOUR DAYS KEKE AND IS ONE OF HTE BEST FICS EVER  :theking :on GJ: AND ALTOUGH I LOVE KOJIYUU IN THIS FIC I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I PREFER TAKAHARU IS JUD LIKE MY LOVE GROW UP FOR THIS COUPLE :luvluv2: :luvluv1: SO I AM EXPECTING THE CHEATING PART :on bleed:  KEKE , SO THANKS FOR THIS FIC :on cny1: AND I'LL BE WAITING TO THE NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE DON'T TAKE TO LONG :pleeease: :hee: ... AND BTW SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH  :shy1:IS NOT MY FIRST LENGUGE  :shy2: :mon pray2: :byebye:

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »
Please update soon!!  :panic: :panic:

I love this fic too much!  :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2012, 07:58:07 PM »
Just read this and... I love this fic!!!!!
Soooo much drama I can't even... but i love it :)
Please please please update soon!!

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2012, 12:37:28 AM »
Ahhhh!!!! I wanna kill the 2 bastards!!!

Offline Pandah

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 09:24:47 AM »
i hear my heart crack a little more every time i read this D:
its just so painful seeing them all like this...misunderstandings, untold feelings it just all hurts!
hope it gets better soon :D

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 11 - 07/12/2012]
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2012, 03:20:15 AM »
@arrow27: Thank you for the support and I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter  :thumbsup
@O r i g a m i: Omg I am sorry!  :OMG:
@riderchick: I'm glas you're loving the drama  XD Liking your comment and ;oving the animation for Hayami  :lol:
@anonymousdowner: Gasp! How could you?!  :mon runcry: I'm just joking  :P There really is no rush to comment but I do enjoy reading them haha. Ahh the joys of studying and working. I'm glad you liked the smut  :D Oh no~ Not your Yuko river! And yes you did make sense and of course I enjoyed reading your rambles and I hope this meets your heartbreaking expectations :lol: Woo I'm glad you liked the Rainie movie, I love her so much   :twothumbs Oh my! Thank you for the threat haha but it's cool, commenting is free will so if you guys want to comment, go ahead, if not then I won't be hurt much And LOL about the Hayami comment   :mon lmao: you loser ;D
@yuksun: Wow, I'm glad you like my fic so much  :tama-yeeaah: And don't worry, your English is fine  :thumbsup

-

Hi everyone. I’m glad to tell you I haven’t disappeared form the face of the planet. I’ve just been EXTREMELY busy. Sorry for the late update but unfortunately university and exams beckon. Le cries.
Anyways, I'm happy that not everyone abandoned me and that many of you commented, which is very much appreciated as always   :mon squee:
I'm hoping with the Christmas holidays coming up, after my exams, I will be able to do more writing, fingers-crossed.
But as of now, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and comment away
:mon santa2:

-

11 – Wordless Calls

I don’t know when I fell asleep but when I wake up, I am in Mariko’s bed. I sit up, my throat parched. As expected after crying for hours. I glance to the side, hoping to see a glass of water but instead, there is a note.

Gone to work
Breakfast is on the table

Beside what has happened, I smile. Is this what it felt like for Minami, someone always there to take care of her. I am forever grateful to Mari-chan. I slip off the bed and pad through the small home until I am standing at the kitchen counter, staring at the covered plate of tasty breakfast morsels. Grateful once more, I pick a small stick of asparagus and put it into my mouth. Chewing, I remember why I don’t come to Mariko’s for any meal. It tasted like hospital food. Grimacing, I put the dish into the microwave, hoping that heating it will make it better.

There was only one time I have been in the hospital for myself.
It was a warm spring day and I was walking to the park to meet my friends. I was fourteen and naïve.

I was hit by a bicycle.

It doesn’t sound like much. However I was standing by a large tree and I was what cushioned the cyclist against it when we both crashed, with me slamming into the unforgiving tree trunk. After the immense, blinding pain from my chest, I completely blacked out. When I awoke, I just remembered doctors saying I had three broken ribs. After, I faded out again. The next time I awoke, it was before my urgent surgery.
And I think that was one of the happiest moments of my life.
Pumped with morphine, I was dazed and blissfully unaware of my surroundings, smiling up at my sobbing parents. Then, as I was rolled down the white corridors and anaesthetised while they cut me open, I wished I could always be like this. Invincible to pain. Yet the next day, I felt the full effects of the operation, when it hurt to even breathe.

That was what I had felt, walking through the dark streets, heading to only one destination. Calm, my mind blissfully blank and unaware of the piercing pain that was shrieking through my body when Yuko finally told me the truth last night. It wasn’t until Mari-chan opened her apartment door that I finally let go. I jumped into her unsuspecting arms, sobs retching through my body as she just silently held me, not asking a thing.

As if my body hadn’t had enough of crying yesterday, I feel my sore eyes well with more tears. Suddenly ‘Heavy Rotation’ plays and I jump. The count of Yuko’s voice makes me wipe my tears and pick my phone from my jacket thrown onto the kitchen stool. I make a mental note of changing my ringtone. Seeing the caller ID my heart pangs agonisingly against my chest, just like the bike accident when my heart collided against the ribcage when I collided. I watch as Yuko’s name continuously flashes on my phone, her photo smiling up at me. When it stops, I check the times she has called and see it is the umpteenth time since last night. Even though I told her not to call. All of the sudden, the phone rings again and once more I see Yuko’s grinning face. I bite my lip with indecision and resentment. A sound doesn’t exist if it can’t be heard. So I ultimately turn my phone on silent and ignore the flashing screen, pretending that the problem doesn’t exist. I flip the phone over for good measure and head to the living room, leaving the vibrating phone behind.

I sit down, with the warm plate on my lap, turning the TV on. Instantly a cooking programme shows in the screen and I mindlessly watch and eat the less than mediocre food filled with Mari-chan’s care.

However, I pay no attention, my full focus still on the phone in the kitchen. I don’t want to call her, but the constant urge to hear her voice plays in the back of my head. Yet, stubborn, I subdue it. Instead I think of yesterday’s events, which really isn’t that much better.

Truly, I am not angry at Yuko. At least, not anymore. I just can’t believe she lied to me. And for so long. Hurt and disappointment riddles through me at just the thought. I never expected Yuko of all people to betray my trust. Then, the image of Yuko sobbing at my feet hits me. Glancing at my hand that currently held the pair of chopsticks; I feel the imprint of Yuko’s cheek guiltily painted on my palm. With a deep exhale and a defeated shake of my head, I drop my hands to my lap. What was wrong with me? I really want to forgive Yuko. From the state she was, and from what she told me, it seems she was telling the truth.
However, can I forgive her when I can’t even bring myself to look at her photo on my phone? I am too scared. If she can do this once, what is there to stop her from doing it again? Am I still the naïve teen who expects to never get hurt? I don’t know. I need time to think.

But I know one thing for sure.
The next time I see Hayami, I am going to break his balls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor’s hands are cold on my foot as I swirl my ankle around as if I was warming up for dance practice. The freedom from the choking cast is exhilarating and I don’t want to stop moving my now free and painless joint. However I find the doctor’s hands starkly contrasting against the warm hand that held mine. I feel Atsuko give me a squeeze and I smile at her reassuringly, even though I am nervous myself. Then, with a final examine, the doctor looks at me, his eyes smiling.

“I think you’re ready to go solo.”

Instant happiness and relief fills me at the doctor’s words. Atsuko makes a sound of happiness and I grin as she holds my shoulders.

“Your ankle has healed nicely and I don’t think there will be problems from now on. However, I suggest that you take an easy for at least one more week. This means no dancing and standing for prolonged periods. And if there are any problems, come back straight away.”

I nod along as if I am going to comply with everything he says, even though I already have a schedule for today. But I don’t tell the doctor this, I know he will disapprove. However I need to get back out there before I lose my entire capability of performing.

“Now, I am going to collect some forms which you will need to sign and then you are free to go.”

I happily thank the doctor until he leaves the room. When he closes the door, I face Atsuko.

“Thank you for coming but you didn’t have to.” I say.

This morning Atsuko had insisted on coming to my appointment. I didn’t know if it was because of what I said yesterday about us spending more time together or of Atsuko wanted to know the verdict of my ankle, but I was thankful for the company even if I acted reluctant. Atsuko said that she called in to the set and said there was a family emergency which she had to attend to. I am not happy that she lied, but I am secretly glad. But thinking about it now, it was wrong of me to cause Atsuko to miss a shoot. Especially since her career means so much to her.

I see Atsuko relieved expression change to a cute pout.

“Are you saying you don’t want me here?”

“You know that isn’t what I mean. I’m over the moon that you’re here. But I don’t want you to get into trouble with work.”

“I told you, you don’t have to worry. Everything is sorted. They already said that they would postpone my scene. Besides, I want to spend as much free time I have with my girlfriend.”

Glee fills me at her words and I joyfully accept her soft kiss on my lips.
It is amazing what words can do. How anxious I was waiting for the doctor analysis. What Akimoto Yasushi’s opinion means to me. What people comment about me on fan-sites. Words can make or break me. They can be beautifully or skin grippingly painful. They can build someone’s confidence or completely crush their reputation. Words can even be transformed into lyrics, becoming any type of song that can be sung. The basic foundation of communication and my career.
And yet, how can this woman who sat next to me, bestowing me with the honour of her love, can sometimes make me speechless. 

“Let’s go celebrate tonight.” smiles Atsuko.

I nod, exampling my loss of words, my lips still tickling with her brief contact.

“Well, I guess I should go now since you had to remind me that I had to go.” she playfully moans. “Are you going to be alright?”

“Yes.” I smile, giving her my own kiss. “I’ll see you later.”

“Later.” Atsuko bids, standing up.

She doesn’t let go of my hand until she has to and I watch as she heads to the door. All of a sudden she hesitates when she opens the door.

“And Minami.”

I face her, waiting.

“Take an easy.”

Atsuko closes the door and once again, her words make my heart melt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patting down the skirt, I look at the mirror, checking my provided outfit. Finally out of yesterday’s clothes and satisfied with the costume, I sit. I wait for Takamina to arrive, Miichan too busy hosting her variety show to be here, realising I got to the studio earlier than I expected. I quietly mutter the words of our new song, practising the somewhat unfamiliar lyrics.

“I dream of when my voice reaches you
When will you turn and face me
And realise I was always there”

Suddenly my soft hum is interrupted by another song. ‘Junai no Crescendo’ plays into the dressing room as my phone rings and without checking I know it is Yuko again. Yuko has been constantly ringing my phone at an hourly rate.  My ringtone might as well be my theme tune. Yet I don’t answer. I just let it ring. Even though it annoys me hearing the same song over and over again, knowing that Yuko is on the other end hoping that I will forgive her, I can’t bear to turn my phone on silent. After the first time I did, I immediately turned back on the ringer. As pathetic as it is, the sound reminds me that Yuko still cares about me. It ensures that she is still mine. And being pathetic, I need this reassurance.

Just as the phone stops, as if on cue, the door opens. Instantly I gasp as the figure walks in.

“Takamina!”

She smiles and opens her arms in response as I hug her with my excitement.

“You’re out of your cast.” I state the obvious, smiling at Takamina’s recovered state.

“Yeah, we went to the doctor’s today.” she elatedly grins.

“We?”

“Atsuko came with me.” she replies offhandedly.

I feel my smile automatically twitch downwards, even though I don’t know why. Perhaps it just reminds me that my relationship isn’t as wonderful at theirs. I sit quietly as Takamina settles, telling me about everything the doctor said, her voice blending with the background as my problems scream forwards.

“Haruna is something wrong?”

My eyes snap to Takamina, surprised by her question. I am about to oppose her concern, when I see the expression on her face. I stop myself and release a heavy sigh that has built up in my chest over the past few hours. It’s amazing how someone can know me so well. But then again, this is Minami. There are few people who I could rest my life with, and Minami is one of them. Now the question is, is Yuko still one of them?

“It’s Yuko.” I finally say.

“Is something wrong?” Minami suddenly exclaims.

She is obviously worried for the health of her familiar sized friend. She is always the worrier. One of the many qualities that I esteem to obtain.

“No nothing’s wrong. At least, not with her specifically.” I mutter. “It’s us. She-” I pause, unable to continue. Even after everything, I don’t want to soil Yuko’s name with what Hayami did. “…We had an argument.”

I glance as Minami to see her reaction. There isn’t much to see, just her intent expression. An expression which I am familiar with, seeing it from a distance and personally experiencing the gaze before. It is the expression which displays her full attention. And for some reason, I feel my cheeks burn under the concentrated stare. I look down to my lap but Minami waits patiently, letting me prepare myself for what I am about to voice.

“Yuko can be stupid sometimes.” I quietly begin. “Sometimes she makes me so angry. Sometimes she makes me want to tear my hair out.”

I feel the bitter anger creep its way up my throat, but I haul myself out of my self-pity. Instead, a memory plays on my tongue.

“But...”

I think to the time Yuko first found me crying.

It was during back in the days where AKB48 had debuted and the second generation members were preparing to debut. We had some dance lessons together and we were somewhat familiar with each other, but at this time I was still sceptical. However, everyone had to live with the change. And like the times before, we were practising together.
That day was not the first day I cried, but the first that I felt so awful about doing so. It was not because I was stressed about AKB48 or the group’s uncertain future. That morning I received a text from my close friend from high school to discover that she was graduating soon and she was accepted into the prestigious Tokyo University. A normal friend would have instantly congratulated her, feeling proud and excited for her achievement, who had worked hard to get to where she was. However, with me, unexpected emotions emerged. Jealousy and anger swept over me and filled me until I was bloated with despair. I forced myself to send a congratulatory text, half-hearted at best. Then, even though the lesson was yet finished, I quietly left. I went straight to the corner of the messy changing rooms and squatting down, curling into myself as I self-loathed. Despicably, I wept.
At the time, I didn’t know why I did such a thing. But now I know it was because it could have been me. I could have stayed in school and studied and got a degree. I could have experienced everything a young woman should have; life-long friends, education leading to a steady career and a normal yet wonderful romance. However, this couldn’t happen to me. Giving up school and boyfriends, I threw myself in abnormality and uncertainty. I thought I was going to sparkle like a diamond and dazzle everyone with my brilliance. However, though alone I may glitter, when grouped together with other diamonds like on a necklace, I lost my shine, becoming something that couldn’t be distinguished against the other jewels. And as I watched  everyone else, I came to realise I was the weak link of the AKB chain and all I could do was allow myself to slowly vanish into the background as the animosity of becoming part of a famous girl group disappeared as it grew larger and I became less important. I began to regret my choice.

I don’t know when I stopped crying but I remained in that same spot, the theatre’s costumes draping over and hiding me. I lightly sniffed the remains of my tears and woes.

“Is someone there?”

The voice made me jump but I stayed where I was. I didn’t even notice someone had come into the large room and I definitely didn’t want anyone to see me in such a state. I heard the light steps that began searching and I begged that she wouldn’t find me, whoever it was.

“Kojima-san?”

I mentally cursed and looked up through my red eyes. Oshima Yuko, one of the new generation members. When I first saw her, I didn’t think much about it, except she looked exceptionally like a squirrel with her large eyes and toothy grin. However, like the scurrying squirrel, she was quick and energetic. It was no wonder people were drawn to her, even though she was new, a stranger. Even I was one of them and I didn’t know when, but I started to watch her during practice. She even looked bright when she smiled through her sweat. One of the diamonds that I envied.

Yuko stared at me with her massive eyes that shone with genuine concern.

“What’s wrong?”

I don’t know why, even to this day, but when she asked me that simple question, I burst back into tears. Perhaps I was touched by her worry, even though she was practically a stranger. Then, unlike myself, I told her everything. To the girl who I didn’t know anything about, besides her name and age, I completely surrendered and laid myself bare.
After pouring out my guts, the next thing I knew I was being embraced.

“You’re special Kojima-san.”

Her words made my tears and my heart stop. When I pulled back, feeling the weight of her speech, I was captured by Yuko’s earnest gaze and small smile.

“But you should remember that a necklace is connected and without that single diamond link, the whole chain will fall apart. You may sparkle when you’re alone, but you radiate when you are with everyone else. And when together, you all shine the best.”

And that night, I repeated the same thing over and over again until eventually I too began to believe those words and I fell asleep, with Yuko’s voice being the last thing I heard.

Hauling myself out of the blissful past, I stare at the current knot of my fingers.

“She always knew how to make me smile. Anything she said, whenever I was down, would bring me back up so high that I felt like I could fly.”

I look at Takamina, seeing her stare at me with sadness that makes my lips twitch into a weak melancholic smile which quickly disappeared.

“But now everything she says or does just… makes me sad.” 

There is a silence where none of us speaks, the room heavy with my words. I realise the honeymoon period of our relationship is over and I now have to deal with issues which I thought I would never have with Yuko. Though I held back the details, I want Takamina to tell me what to do.

“I know what you mean.”

My eyes meet Takamina’s, whose painful gaze matches own. I wonder if something happened between the perfect couple and if so, what. However, before I have time to question Takamina, the door opens.

“We are on in five minutes.” announces the staff member.

When he disappears, Takamina stands. The lonely gaze is gone as if it wasn’t there and she smiles at me. She stands in front of me and clasps my hand which makes my heart warm.

“You are special Haruna. And you can always confide in me.”

Again before I can say anything, she leaves me and I just stare after Minami, remembering the words that made my heart stop.

Sweet relief runs through me as I rest my feet on top of a chair. Perhaps I overdid the performance, putting extra effort in to fill in Mii-chan’s spot. It also didn’t help that for most of the programme, we had to stand. However I don’t regret it. This is the most amount of fun and exhilaration I have felt in what seems like forever. Haruna closely follows me and closes the door. On turning, she notices my tired state. 

“You should take an easy Takamina.” she says, sitting in front of the dressing table and touching up her make up in front of the mirror.

My eyes follow Haruna, watching as she delicately powered her nose. Her words immediately remind me of Atsuko’s and I acknowledge how lucky I am to have so many people care about me. I smile, standing when I feel the ache fade from my soles. I stand behind Haruna, meeting her reflected gaze and grin, lightly patting her head.

“Thank you Haruna, I will.”

Haruna jokingly slapped my hand away, making a tease about my height as the only time I can reach Haruna’s head was when she was sitting down. While Haruna continues to sort herself out, I take this as a chance to change. I barely got over my fear of changing in the same room as others members, but I still make sure that their attention is elsewhere before I start stripping, my chronic shyness still keeping me caged.  Though I am confident in most areas, my body is my weakness. Even though Atsuko has always praised me on the way I am, I just can’t like myself as much as she wants me to. However, I think this is what every female thinks of their own body. At least that is what I imagine to make myself less self-conscious.

When I finish I turn. But then my heart jumps straight up my oesophagus when I see Haruna looking at me. I am about to exclaim my embarrassment when I notice Haruna’s soft frown. Her eyes are troubled, as if she wanted to say something but is holding back. I don’t know why, but I feel anxious by Haruna’s contemplating expression, one that she rarely shows. 
What she told me before the show made me realise that I wasn’t the only one having troubles with my relationship. Even though I don’t know specifically what the problem was, Haruna told me in confidence and I appreciate it. Having never really spoken about our relationships, initially it took me by surprise to hear that the great ‘KojiYuu’ couple were going through difficulties. However, I wonder if it was something similar to my problem with Atsuko and me not spending enough time together. As Yuko is also acting in another drama, did Haruna also miss her presence as greatly as I did with Atsuko? Did she feel the same heart wrenching tug every time she watched the time tick away while she waited for Yuko to return? Did she sometimes feel to indeed, ask for her partner to stop acting and just stay with her? Does she want to turn back time to the days when it was much simpler?
Because I do.

Then without expectation, the next question comes from my mouth.

“Do you want to come with me for dinner?” I blurt before  I have time to think.

And seeing Haruna’s eyes sparkle, I can’t take it back. And honestly, I don’t want to.

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2012, 03:59:01 AM »
Ahhhhhh!!!! Takamina is an idiot  :angry:
I really want to murder her  :twisted:
Yuko and Nyan Nyan... when will they be able to fix things  :(
Thank you for the update :)

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2012, 04:10:23 AM »
OMG! yuko you are so sweet.. that make me believe in my kojiyuu again :B

and atsumina.. aww acchan you need to trust in minami..

Offline anonymousdowner

• Journey ∞
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Atsumina ♥ Wmatsui ♥ MariHaru( *`ω’)人(бвб)
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2012, 04:39:42 AM »
Melon-san's update???!!!!!!!!!!!! Yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what that means then...

:wigglypanda:

Oh yeah~it's wiggly panda time.

you loser ;D

My response? :  :pimp: Kekeke

While the fellas above my comment  :up are seemingly upset about how things have turned, I am sitting here looking like this   :same  :yuki: I'm still loving every single scene in this fic and oh yeah I love how the drama is progressing--especially the last sentence of this chapter.

And honestly, I don’t want to.

No regrets. YET LOL.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!--Hella ecstatic & shiat hehe.  :heart:

Fuuuuuu~~~TakaHaru's dinner plans?! Sasshi Approves.  :sashiko: <-- She kind of looks like a chef here doesn't she? LMFAO  :rofl: Somethings gonna happen I know it, Acchan is gonna have to hurry off to work or something. I smell prologue  >:D ...Anyways, How could you though?! Leaving me in in wiggly panda mode and then ending it on there. In regards to my heart breaking expectations, it is not the contents of the story this time--it's the cutoff point! H-how c-can youuu...  :cry: Only giving this poor reader enough to keep me crawling back for more in the torturousness (I made up this word lol.) of anticipation. Y...y..y?!!!!!!! Y YOU DO DAT FOR?! *Inserts rage meme* I guess though, you're good at this^^

Hmm...Acchan, I'm still waiting for her past with Itaki to be revealed. That's all I can comment on her for now.  :nervous

Then Yuko. Oh gawd, Yuko. Poor poor Yuko. :pen_cry: ---After Kojiyuu's flashback...Yep, Yuko-river is back my friend.

I've missed your writing actually and this is just great work like the usual. I was reminded while reading ahah. Well, thanks for making me go Miichan  :miichan: I am one happy reader. Oh & sorry about the gif spam, I took notice that you were using a lot during the personal replies so I decided to as well--Tis is how you know I am forever your follower *Gives three honorable Kow tows*  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dear Melon-santa, I will be good and looking forward to early Christmas update presents. Smile big and enjoy the nonsense in my rambling.  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:56:49 AM by anonymousdowner »

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:48 AM »
Thanks so much for you update! This was something nice to read after I finished writing my exam! Loved this  as always!! The hospital scene with Atsumina was so adorable!!! & poor Haruna, she does love Yuko but is prob confused at the moment :(
& lol did Minami just invite Haruna on her and Atsuko's date? or is it sepearte :P Well either way Minami means well since she's trying to cheer up and support Haruna!

Looking forward to ur next update!! YOU ROCK!! Love ur fic so much :D

Offline Rachel431

• ecchi
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2012, 05:43:16 AM »
your update is so good that I'm confused about which pairing I prefer  XD

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
Sweet Atsumina moment there :wub:, but Atsuko still needs to be careful since the doctor could come back any time and catch them. However, I smell trouble coming up :(.Atsumina just made up I don't want their relationship to be shattered again.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »
I´m so happy ! You update new chapter!!
I am glad that Atsuko  starting of caring Minami. The last chapter these two .... its was very sad discursion
I'm worried about Haruna and Yuko. Yuko Hopefully not do anything stupid if you are very desperate ...

Offline stepk

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥ Takahashi Japan ♥
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
Yaaaaay  you update  :w00t:

this fanfic confuse  :?

but really like it.

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »
Great development with Atsuko and Minami relationship but Yuuko and Haruna... is a very different case.

If Yuuko is not careful... there is possibility for Haruna to start liking Minami

Thank you for the update and hope to see the next update.

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 12 - 10/01/2013]
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
@anonymousdowner : I love your wiggly panda lol. Awww I hope this chapter relieves your sadness  :) Yeah I kiinda went emoticon crazy  :lol:

@arrow27 : Aww thank you and I hope your exam went well  :D

@stepk : Thank you and if you are having any trouble understanding the fic, feel free to ask questions and I will try my best to answer them :)

Well the updating more often didn’t happen lol. Too much time spent on eating I wish I could conjure up all my chapters from my mind to Word. My life would be so much easier. But that's not possible (yet) so for now, I will have to continue taking time to write my fics been suffering from writer's block recently This chapter is a bit longer so hopefully it will make up for the time it took to write (probably not haha).
Moving on from that, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Thank you for everyone's comments and hope you guys enjoy this chapter and comment   :twothumbs

P.S. I decided to make a twitter account to update people on the status of my fanfics and my life. Feel free to follow at meron_lover  :D

12 – First Step Back

I sit on the sofa, the cushions moulded with my body shape as I have not moved from the same spot since yesterday. My eyes are sore and my neck twinges when I move but I remain sitting, unable to even get up to change out of yesterday's clothes.

The other night’s events still haunt me and I still feel the pain from Haruna’s words and slap. I can clearly see the hurt that shone in her eyes, her tears caused by my betrayal, and the void she left when Haruna walked out of the door. As soon as it closed, I sobbed and sobbed, my cries wracking my body until my entire being hurt from the strain. When I finally couldn’t do anymore, I summoned all my remaining strength to put myself onto the sofa where I have been for the last 24 hours. I couldn’t bear to sleep in the bed alone, not without Haruna. Then, when I awoke, I spent the entire day just calling Haruna. Despite her request for me not to call her, I couldn’t help myself. I was desperate and hopelessly sorry. I just had to get Haruna to hear that.

However, it didn’t work and Haruna still hasn’t come home.

If there was any time to drown my sorrows in alcohol, it would be now. However, I know we don’t keep any type of alcoholic drink in the house, so finally picking my sorry-self up; I head to the bedroom to get my coat and keys.

I jump when I hear the front door lock click. Instantly I rush back to the living room. I freeze when I see Haruna stand in the doorway, wearing the same clothes as when she left. Also wearing the same clothes, I suddenly experience the phenomenon which is déjà vu. My body instinctively braces itself against being struck again. However, I will let Haruna slap me as many times as she desires, as long as afterwards, she stays with me and nurses the wounds.
As I stare at Haruna, there is an incredible tense moment as she stares back. I can’t think. I can’t speak. I can’t even breathe. It’s as if she was a small animal and even if the sound of my pounding heart resonating too loudly, she would disappear. However, I am not the only one as Haruna too watches me with probably the same amount of intensity as my own gaze. Finally, as if she finished accessing the situation and finding it safe, Haruna stepped in, closing the door behind her. Even then I don’t know if it’s safe to make a sound. Perhaps I am being too overly cautious, but I don’t know how to act. And this is towards someone who I thought I knew like the back of my hand. However, I bet Haruna thought the same until last night.

Haruna takes a tentative step towards me and I feel myself automatically intake. My mind buzzes as I think of what to do. Yet I do nothing. Even when Haruna is ultimately an arm’s length away from me, within my reach, so close that I can smell her perfume, I keep stone still. I don’t even ask her where she was because I’m afraid if I do, I’ll regret it.

“I forgive you.”

Those three words hit me like a bullet; lighting fast, piercing, carrying killer impact. And probably as a result of any bullet wound, I am speechless. Like the blood that would seep out of my wound, happiness melts my nervous heart and I am about to jump for ecstasy. She hasn’t given up on me.
Then I see Haruna’s lips form the word ‘but’ and realise I was getting far too ahead of myself.

“I don’t trust you.”

Those words also hit me like a bullet; shocking, unexpected, unbelievably painful.

“Haruna…” I feel myself say, even though I don’t know how to continue. 

“I want to take things slow.” she says. “At least, for now. Please respect my wishes.”

I want nothing more than to respect Haruna. Yet I can’t help but feel that we were already taking it slow for several years. It was only in this last year that we’ve finally taken the next step. It’s been one step forward and two steps back.

However, I am still willing to do whatever it takes to fix my mistake.

“Of course.” I reply.

Yet, even after my dedicated words, there is a pause. From what I can see, Haruna doesn’t know what to do next and neither do I. Hesitantly I take a step forward and she doesn’t retreat. Then, like a tidal wave, my feelings from yesterday drown me. All the fear, dread and longing that I felt yesterday until moments ago comes flooding back.
I embrace her and she lets me.

“I love you.” I say, leaving out the ‘and don’t ever leave me’.

There is short silence before Haruna places her chin on my head, her gesture of affection.

“I know.” she says, leaving out the ‘I love you too’.

I know she didn’t say it back, and though I feel my heart greatly aches because of it, I hold her tighter, terrified to let go.

I stand at the outer rim of the huddle around the director, the tedious ritual of listening to the director’s congratulations to nearly every member of staff and what he wants to see or work on next time, after every shoot. Usually I am a keen listener to the senior’s speeches, picking up on any handy advice I could use for the future and hopefully pass on. Today is especially important because tomorrow is the special live recording. However, today my mind is elsewhere.

I think back to yesterday night. The total disappointment which was last night.

That evening was supposed to be perfect.
The morning I went with Minami to the doctor’s, I had anxiously waited with her. Then, when we received the amazing news of Minami’s healed ankle, I had instantly started to plan the amazing night that we were supposed to have one the unfortunate night when Minami first hurt herself. A lovely romantic dinner, a sweet shared chocolaty dessert (perhaps in bed), and then a sensuous dance time in the bedroom that involved me screaming at the top of my lungs at least three times and likewise for Minami.
I had planned everything to perfection.

And yet I didn’t expect it to be completely ruined by my girlfriend and best friend.

After finishing my scene, I immediately rushed home to shower and then went to the salon to get my hair done and a facial; wavy and seductive smoky make-up, just like Minami likes it. Then, picking up my pre-ordered dark blue strapless cocktail dress, I returned home and got changed. After, I called the top class restaurant that Minami took me for my birthday, to check that the table I reserved in the morning was still booked even though I knew it would be. Next, I entered the ordered taxi and headed to the restaurant, letting myself me shown to the table which overlooked the gorgeously lit balcony, the exact same place we sat last time where Minami asked me if I wanted us to be something more than friends. I sat in the same seat where I gazed at Minami’s beautiful face which framed her teary eyes which were a result from her loving confession. I placed my elbows on the table where I leaned over and placed a chaste and secret first kiss on Minami’s lips to seal our promise to each other from then on.
My heart fluttered at the cherished memory. I was hoping that the night would rekindle the passion that I felt we had lost with time passing and our careers diverging towards different paths.

Like I had a specially tuned radar, I turned to the entrance and saw Minami enter. I waved enthusiastically and her acknowledging smile shone and made the dim-lit restaurant brighter. Noticing that Minami wore the same cute silver dress she wore on the same night of 10 months ago, I knew that she realised the significance of this place when I messaged her the address. I couldn’t wait.
I thought that she was going to head straight to me, but then she turned behind her. Mild confusion struck me and I wondered what she was doing and who she was talking to. Did she meet someone she knew at the door? If it was that, I wished that she would hurry up. Then I saw a much taller figure close behind and I realised it was someone that she and I both knew. But when the two of them started to come towards me, I realised Minami was not alone. She had brought Kojima Haruna. I instantly had a bad feeling. And like I was spitting something out distasteful, the only question shot out of me.

What?

As the two headed towards me, I stood and stared at Minami, wondering what had actually possessed her to do this stunt. Did she actually think it was okay to bring a guest, no matter who it was?

“Hi Atsuko.” Minami greeted, as if everything is perfectly fine.

“Hi Acchan.” chirped Haruna, obviously not realising the boundaries she had crossed and stomped on.

“Hi.” I curtly replied, not taking my wide eyes off Minami.

“This is a beautiful restaurant.” Haruna continued.

“Yes. Perhaps you should take Yuko here some other time.” I replied, making sure to emphasise the other time.

Perhaps finally sensing my discontent, Haruna said, “Maybe I should go. I don’t want to intrude.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Minami foolishly returned, not noticing my deep frown and piercing gaze.

“This table is only for two.” I said through a gritted smile.

“I asked the waiter and he said he’ll bring another place set and menu over.”

As if summoned, the waiter appeared with the set and menu, making an extra space, placing another chair at the already small, intimately sized table. In that instant, my magical and romantic evening disappeared in a puff of smoke. This was made evident when Minami pulled the chair out and let Haruna sit before she went round and sat at her seat, leaving me to return to my seat alone with an extra person to the right of me. I could have just walked away right then, but I didn’t. We were already in a public place as it was and I didn’t want to cause a scene, which would have surely included me screaming at Minami, making Haruna feel extremely uncomfortable when it really wasn’t her fault. It wasn’t like she knew how special the night was supposed to be and what it meant to me.

That night went tragically slow but at the same time it was a horrid blur. All I know it involved me eating and listening and watched as Minami and Haruna talked for what seemed like hours until I truly felt like I didn’t belong there. Why did I feel like the third wheel? It was my girlfriend and our best friend; surely we should match like chicken katsudon curry and white rice. However, when they guffawed at their private jokes and I forced my own laugh as I choked down my scorn, it felt like I was the one intruding on their date. Though I know nothing would ever happen between them, the feeling radiated off them that night was very similar to the aura that Haruna and Yuko had, and what observers say about me and Minami. However, I was probably just reading into it too much, especially since all I could do was observe. Even in the taxi, I was shoved to the side and they talked endlessly, even until we reached Haruna’s apartment.

“Thanks for a wonderful night.” Haruna directed to Minami then me. “Bye Atsuko.”

I forced a smile which quickly disappeared when Haruna left to go into her building. All the way home I kept silent, allowing Minami to unknowingly fill the heavy hush all by herself about how it felt finally performing, how her ankle felt brand new, etc. As soon as we reached our door, I opened it, resisting the urge to slam it in Minami’s face, and stormed in, flinging my heels off in the process.

“You were quiet tonight.” I heard Minami’s mutter from behind me.

I spun round like a whip and stared at Minami. Well, it was not so much a stare as a deadly laser.

“What did you think you were playing at tonight?” I yelled, the question bursting out of me before I can stop it. “Why did you invite Haruna?”

Minami stared at me with a stupidly shocked expression. “I wanted our best friend to come join us. What’s wrong with that?”

“What’s wrong is that tonight was supposed to be just the two of us. I wanted it to a romantic evening where we would rekindle our fire of a relationship and it would lead to us having amazing, mind-blowing sex!”

She reddened at my outburst and I was already flushed with anger so my statement didn’t make much of a difference to my rosy complexion. In that moment I think it finally dawned on her the significance of the night and what it could have been.

“So I repeat, why did you ask Haruna to come too?”

“I just couldn’t leave her alone.”

“Why?”

“Because…”

“Because you’re the General Manager.” I finished for her. “You can’t leave anyone alone. You are the person everyone comes to for help and advice. Everyone’s needs come before your own. But then what about me? Am I not important enough to you? Does everyone come before me too?”

She stared at me, her mouth open like a dumbfounded fish. On normal occasions I would find it adorable, but on that occasion, it made me infuriated. I couldn’t help but feel the suffocating tears tease at the corners of my eyes.

“Everyone is important to you.” I choked. “Everyone but me.”

Afterwards, I stormed to the bedroom, slamming the door behind me. I didn’t give her time to answer but I didn’t need to hear. We both knew it was true. I pressed my back against the door, feeling the contrasting cool wood on my hot palms. I was hurt. And before I knew it, even though I clenched my jaw, the tears slid down like my internal tap was turned and left to flow. I let my body slide down until I was sitting on the floor, curled my knees to my face and allowed myself this moment to be weak. I sobbed for what happened tonight. I cried for the unbearable changes. I wept for us.

All in all, the entire night was dreadful. However, what affected me the most was that Minami didn’t even bother to chase me.

“Acchan?”

I look up, meeting the eyes of almost every member of staff.

“Please pay attention Atsuko-chan.” I hear the director fuss, with Mizuki smirking behind him. “This scene is extremely important to the plot development.”

“Of course.” I say. “I’m sorry.”

The director returns to talking about the ending scene. If only an apology was all that was needed to fix us.

When I wake up in the morning, I find that I am alone. A bolt of fear strikes me and I jolt upright. However, I calm when I see Haruna’s clothes from yesterday sprawled on the chair. It wasn’t a dream. Haruna had come back. Then memories of last night return.
I think last night was the most awkward I’ve ever felt around Haruna. I’m not sure when I fell asleep but I remember how stiff I was, lying on my back and staring at the ceiling while Haruna remained still next to me. Like an invisible divide, I couldn’t cross that line that was between us. No matter how much I yearned to at least hold her hand, I couldn’t. The barrier was as high and uncross-able as the Great Wall of China.

The trip to the theatre is quiet. This will be the first time I’ve been to the theatre in a while. My schedule permits me to go to the theatre twice a week to practice for the new single. Nevertheless, I fear it’s going to be awkward with everyone there, and Haruna had arrived before me. I wonder if anyone suspects anything. However I doubt it. It isn’t like our relationship is exactly public. Of course the people closest to us knew, while everyone else just had their suspicions. To be honest we didn’t act different except from a few sneaky touches.

I enter the changing rooms, the hustle and bustle of the girls undisturbed by my presence. When they notice me, individually or in small groups, they greet me like a long lost friend. I smile and return the greetings, making my way through the maze of clothes and people. I don’t who I’m going to but I finally reach the sofa where we usually congregate. I see Mayuyu sitting on Yuki’s lap, with Mii-chan to the side of her talking to Sae. I am about to walk to them when I suddenly notice Haruna sitting next to Takamina at a table. My body freezes and I stare at them. Haruna laughs at something Takamina says and I witness the small affectionate touches. Again the familiar bubble of strange jealousy rises in my chest until it feels like bad indigestion. All of a sudden I feel someone’s eyes on me. However it isn’t Haruna’s or Takamina’s. I meet Mariko’s gaze and I can’t help but look away. I am already ashamed of myself as it is and I don’t need her to make it worse.

Unable to take the pressure, I turn to leave. I can always make an excuse. Apparently I'm quite good at it.

“Yuko!”

I stop when I hear Takamina’s voice. I turn, pasting a bright false smile on my face instead of a true prominent frown. She beckons me to her and Haruna. My legs move on their own accord even when I see Haruna’s undecided gaze. Takamina makes room on her chair so she is now in the middle sitting on both joined chairs. She begins to animatedly conversing, with me joining in as if nothing had happened, noticing and congratulating on her free ankle. All the while, I see Haruna silently move aside and sit with Mariko, who I glance at with the corners of my focus. My chest hurts and I feel Mariko’s heated gaze prickle my skin. Right now, all I can do is try to ignore it. However, with the next few hours needed to interact with each other, I wonder how long that will last.

I am alone in the dressing room and I take this time to skim over the new script. It’s still early and Mizuki, who I am unfortunately working with today, has yet to arrive. She is slacking, for a rookie.
However, I can’t say much because instead of concentrating on my lines for the live recording, my mind lingers to this morning.

When I woke and got ready to leave, going before the sun rose again, I saw the small bundled body sleeping peacefully on the couch. My heart stopped at the sight and my eyes began to well despite that they were sore from the night before. Even so, I stepped towards the curled body until I was looking down at Minami’s face. I stared at the restful expression that I could only see when Minami was asleep. Like a mother protecting a new-born baby, my maternal instincts kicked in and all I wanted to do was shield her from everything, including my hateful words. I gently stroked the soft cheek, brushing back the strands of brown from her cute forehead. My lips tingled with sweet desire and I leaned down and kissed the soft skin, feeling the coolness on my lips. I am filled with a brief sensation of bliss. If only I could kiss Minami like that when she was awake and fully aware. However, I was and am still furious with her. So even though I want to encompass her, I can do nothing to protect Minami from the cruel and harsh world that we live in.   

“Earth to Atsuko.”

I feel myself jump when I hear the sudden voice call my name. Looking up, I realise it is Mizuki. I wonder when she got here.

“Can you pay attention? The director wants us to get on set. And I just got in.” she angrily mutters to no one in particular as she takes off her jacket. Mizuki then focusses on me again. “Hurry up. You’re wasting everyone’s time. Mine in particular.”

I clench my jaw, biting my tongue. I have accepted that I have to work with Mizuki. I just don’t accept that I have to be on friendly terms with her. That ship has longed sailed and sank like the Titanic.

As I go to the set, I see that Mizuki is already sweet talking the staff, her bright smile blinding them to her flaws. With a deep sigh, I head to fake bedroom, almost as false as Mizuki’s pretence. As I walk past, I hear Mizuki’s self-praise about her memorising all her lines. Everyone is feeling anxious because this is the first live recording of the drama, and I’m sure Mizuki’s words calmed everyone down, putting her on top of their favourite list again. On the other hand, I'm only slightly nervous. I've already performed live in front of thousands of people at a single time, probably millions if I count over the lifetime of performing in AKB48. I wait for Mizuki to step in, standing behind the bedroom door as I lay on my stomach on my character’s bed, anticipating the director’s call of

“Action!”

I flip the magazine’s pages, lazily waving my legs in the air, my head propped on my elbow, no care in the world. Suddenly, the door bursts open and in storms Mizuki.

“Kana?” I exclaim. “What are you doing here?”

“I told you to stay away from my brother. You’re no good for him.”

“You don’t know anything.”

“I know more than you can possibly imagine. For instance, did you know that he was offered a scholarship in England or that he’s wavering because of you?”

My eyes widen with shock, even though I already know this news from memorising the script.

“You’re lying.” I breathe.

“He doesn’t want to go because he doesn’t want to leave you.” Mizuki continues.

“You’re lying. There is no way he wouldn’t tell me. How did you find out?”

A second passes but Mizuki does not continue her lines. I stare at her and wonder if she is using a dramatic pause. However, if she was, she isn’t using it correctly. However, as I stare at her, I notice something. I see that her lips are in a tight line and with her wide eyes; I know immediately what is wrong.

Mizuki has forgotten her lines.

Panic fills me but I imagine Mizuki is feeling much worse. Each second that passes I feel my tongue getting drier and my mind turning on deciding what to do. Honestly, I don’t want to do anything. It’s as if karma had decided to come round and finally spite this person before me. She deserves this.
However, a voice that sounds awfully like Minami rings in my head. And I know, no matter how tempting it is, it would be wrong.

So, I begin to improvise.

“Did you eavesdrop on a conversation you shouldn’t have?” I demand, noting Mizuki’s surprised look. Mizuki doesn’t answer but I use this to my advantage. “You did, didn’t you? I knew you would. That’s the type of sneaky thing you would do.”

“How dare you.” fumes Mizuki, finally getting back on her feet. I am about to continue onto my next line when suddenly Mizuki continues. “You don’t know anything about me. You lost that privilege as soon as you decided to abandon me!”

I stop and so does Mizuki. We stare at each other, her outburst shocking the both of us. However, Mizuki quickly returns to normal.

“You don’t deserve my brother.” she says, coming to the end of our scene. “And you never will. I suggest you end it before I do.”

“What do you mean?”

“I know about you and Subaru-kun.”

“There is nothing between us.”

“You say that but I know you were with him last night.”

“That was-”

“Ai?”

We turn at the sound of Ikuta Toma’s voice. I focus on Toma’s expression, feeding off the disbelief to improve my own reaction.

“…Is it true?” he asks.

“Kojiro-”

“Were you with Subaru last night?”

“Let me explain-”

Toma-senpai storms away and I frantically chase after him, calling his character’s name. However, as I chase Toma-senpai, all I can think about is Mizuki’s outburst and ponder if it meant more than an overreaction to my acting.

------- Later -------

The day was a success and the director seemed rather pleased than upset with the sudden improv session. With this mild success, I keep in my mind that I still have a hurdle to cross when I get home.
I stand up from the chair, ready to go when suddenly Mizuki enters the dressing room. We both freeze. We have not seen each other since I had finished my scene with her and I don’t know what to say. I just nod to her and she doesn’t say anything, which is surprising. I am used to hearing at least one snide remark before the end of the day. I am about to leave when she suddenly stands in front of me. Perhaps I was getting ahead of myself when I thought there wasn’t going to be a confrontation.

“Why did you do that?” she demands. Mizuki doesn’t have to elaborate because we both know what she is talking about. “Why didn’t you just leave me to crash and burn?”

I observe Mizuki and for the first time, she seems unsettled. Like a flame, her eyes flicker with uncertainty and I realise that the past defines who she is today. And I was part of it.

“Is this your way of making up for what you did?” she asks. “Well don’t think I owe you. It’s not enough.”

“I didn’t do it for you. Honestly I really wanted to let you fail. I was thinking at last I got revenge. But I knew, if I did leave you, someone close to me would be very disappointed.”

Then, I leave, realising that Minami’ good influence still has a hold on me. That, if she was here, she would tell Mizuki to let the past go. I wonder if I should do the same.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:13:41 PM by melon-lover »

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
Very great plot there....

Yeah... Minami is too much... she care about everyone but Atsuko may be correct in someway... especially caring about Haruna.

And the action plot in the drama scene was great... Atsuko helps Mizuki and lead to a more great development in the drama...

Great thinking there... Interesting... Thank you

Can't wait to see the next

:wub: :inlove: :love: :heart:

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »
Thanks for the update!!! & Thanks my exams went well! On to 2nd sem now :D
Awesome chapter, many sad parts, things are def complicated! Yuko & Haruna still seem to be struggling. & Minami def messed up with Atsuko :P It was nice of her to invite Haruna but she should have better explained or comforted Atsuko about the subject, though it was sweet of her ot stay and sleep on the couch :P Can't wait to find out how things develop for everyone :)
Thanks again for the update, I look forward to the next chapter as always! ^^

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2013, 11:57:01 PM »
 :pen_whirl: :pen_whirl:
I am very happy with Acchan and the final performance with Mizuki.
Atsuko done the right thing.

Offline mae

• AKB48 !!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • sorry for my english :)
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2013, 01:05:23 AM »
Thank for update
Please update soon ;)

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Hane no Hikari