JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - I My Me Mine

Author Topic: How Long Does Forever Last? - Chapter 19 (AtsuMina & KojiYuu) 10/09/2015  (Read 71093 times)

Offline sone12

Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Author Update - 22/05/2013]
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
um.... i'm new to this site and I don't know how this system works, but I love ur story!!!! So I don't know if this site uses a pm list system like soshified, but PlEASE NOTIFY ME WHEN U UPDATE!!!!!! also update soon I really want to see what happens next!!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cow: :lol:

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 13 - 01/07/2013]
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
@ heomagic : Awwww~ That is so nice, thank you  :shy2:
@ cisda83 : I'm so glad one of my fics is your fav, it's always lovely to hear that  :oops:
@  bimbo: Yep, still alive haha. Just incredibly busy nowadays
@ KojiYuu44 : Don't worry, I will never give up on this fic, though may be ongoing for aaages lol. I appreciate your patience
@ 48GGMU : Thank you, and I do, though may be a rollercoaster plan haha. I've been having a good time  XD
@ ptrd3009 : Updated!
@ sharlatan : Awww thank you, and I really did take my time  :lol:
@ AshuraX : My life is still kinda a mess but have to learn to deal  :P
@ sone12 : Oh your part of soshified as well? Awesome! Well welcome to this fun site  :D I don't think this site really has a PM list system but if you follow me on Twitter, I almost always tweet when I'm going to update  :twothumbs

FINALLY UPDATED! Thank you to those that have commented and liked, this chapter took much much MUCH longer than expected  :depressed:
So thank you for everyone's patience. I think from now on I will reply to everyone's comments that are longer than four words since I truly appreciate every reader I receive.

Underneath is just a quick summary of what has happened so far for those that have forgotten, can't be bothered to read every chapter again, or is new to the fic and just wants the spoilers:

Haruna and Yuko are a couple but life has been started to become difficult for them, especially when it comes to their relationship. Haruna is still with AKB, while Yuko is also in AKB but is now in a day-time drama which requires her to be on set for most of the week instead of at the theatre. This causes a distance between Haruna and Yuko and it hit a massive bump when Yuko goes out with Hayami, her coworker and set boyfriend, makes a move on her. However, instead of telling Haruna what happened, she decided to keep it a secret not knowing how Haruna would react, even though Mariko had soon had her hunches. Yet, when Haruna decided to surprise Yuko at the set one day, after deciding that she needed to step up in the relationship, she discovered what happened between Yuko and Hayami. Feeling betrayed, Haruna confronts Yuko, causing her to slap Yuko and storm off to Mariko's. With all these conflicts, Haruna has gradually become more
dependant on her relationship with Minami, especially after talking to Minami about her relationships problems, while Yuko is becoming more distressed, especially with Hayami's continues advances.

Minami and Atsuko are also a couple, with Minami still being the General Manager of AKB and Atsuko now a full time actress. With Atsuko starring in her very own drama series, and Minami continuing with her duties within the group, their relationship has also been tested. Minami is feeling neglected, especially with her efforts to convey her feelings, which she feels Atsuko does not see. However, Atsuko feels the same way, especially with her new tormentor on the drama set, Mizuki. For some reason, the new actress seems to enjoy making Atsuko's life ever the more difficult, which isn't helped by the fact that Atsuko is started to feel rather jealous of Minami's relationship with Haruna, which seemed to developed further. However, after a talk, Minami and Atsuko decided to commit again to their relationship, hoping to build back to what is was once before, especially after Minami has her accident. Yet, after planning a romantic night for Minami's recovery and the hopeful rekindle of their lost intimacy, Atsuko is left truly disappointed and furious when she sees Minami bring Haruna to the dinner also. That is when Atsuko blows her fuse, and though somehow managing to save Mizuki at the set, she is still left with anger and anguish, while Minami is clueless.

Well, that's about it. So I hope everyone enjoys this chapter, especially after the long wait. I don't know when I'm next updating but hopefully soon.
Don't forget to comment  :mon kissy:

P.S. Check out akb-melody. I've changed a rule which some people may be interested in and hopefully cause more people to become members

13 – When to Say When

I wave to Haruna as she leaves the taxi, making sure that she safely enters her apartment. I watch when she closes the door, somewhat comforted that she wouldn’t be alone, she would be with Yuko.

The night was wonderful. It was like the old times when Atsuko was still in AKB, the days when we would meet at least once a week, a time that now seemed so far away.

Except…

I flinch at the sound of Atsuko’s heels crashing onto the floor.

“You were quiet today.” I timidly say to Atsuko.

As soon as I entered the restaurant, even though she was beautiful in the same dress that she wore on our first date, Atsuko seemed to be distant, not her usual bubbly self. Every time I looked at her, the frown on her face made me upset and rather angered. I wondered why she was acting the way she was. I even wore this stupid dress; the first and only dress that I owned at that time which wasn't part of work, which I wore when I first took Atsuko out on her birthday.

Suddenly Atsuko spins round, her glare startling me, as if she sensed my building annoyance.

“What did you think you were playing at tonight?” Atsuko yelled. I jumped, stunned. Atsuko rarely raised her voice at me, and when she did it was when she truly was furious. “Why did you invite Haruna?”

I couldn’t help but gape at Atsuko. I thought I was being thoughtful for inviting our best friend to join us, but apparently this was not the case. Was I being too presumptuous for not asking Atsuko her opinion, assuming she would agree with me? Was I selfish in not even thinking that I had to ask?

“I wanted our best friend to come join us.” I reply. “What’s wrong with that?”

If Atsuko wasn't angry before, she was now.

“What’s wrong is that tonight was supposed to be just the two of us.” she painfully exclaimed. “I wanted it to be a romantic evening where we would rekindle our fire of a relationship and it would lead to us having amazing, mind-blowing sex!”

I feel my cheeks burn from Atsuko's outburst and I can see Atsuko’s flush with anger.

“So I repeat, why did you ask Haruna to come?”

“I couldn’t leave her alone.” I say.

And this is the truth. How could I desert Haruna after she told me everything, how sad she had become and how dejected she had looked? How could I leave after my heart pulled towards her, hurt that she felt that way? All I wanted to do was to make her feel better. And when I saw Haruna’s resulting smile, I thought it was worth everything.

“Why?” Atsuko asked, not understanding how I felt.

“Because…”

I hesitate, remembering what Haruna confined to me earlier this afternoon. I couldn’t just reveal her secrets, especially about her and Yuko’s relationship. It was far too personal to share, even if it is with Atsuko. I couldn’t do that to Haruna.

However, Atsuko is quick to finish what I started.

“Because you’re the General Manager. You can’t leave anyone alone. You are the person everyone comes to for help and advice. Everyone’s needs come before your own. But then what about me? Am I not important enough for you? Does everyone come before me too?”

My heart wrenches as I see the tears build at the edges of Atsuko’s eyes. Why is it on these occasions that I notice how beautiful they are? I had forgotten how easily I could lose myself in them. However, this time I am truly lost and confused. I don’t know what to say. Is this how she feels about me being General Manager? I know that I put others needs in front of my own, but was I doing the same to Atsuko? Was I subconsciously neglecting her? Was I the bad guy?

“Everyone is important to you.” Atsuko chokes, myself feeling the same tightness in my throat. “Everyone but me.”

I stare at Atsuko who loudly slams the door. My body remains frozen, not even flinching at the loud noise. All I feel is cold and emptiness, now depressively becoming a more familiar sensation. However, I deserve to feel this way, maybe even worse. If I’ve made Atsuko feel so unappreciated, I should be punished. I just want to make things right. I want her to know that she is the most important person to me. Even though Atsuko should know this already, I know I don’t pronounce this fact frequently enough. This isn’t helped by our growing distance. A distance that I could easily cover if I just opened the bedroom door.
Yet, I am too ashamed to follow. Even if I did go after her, I wouldn’t know what to say. For all I know, I would make it worse. I am as clueless as ever. I need to give her space and time. I just have to pretend nothing is wrong. Even though I miss her; a little too much, a little too often and a little more each and every day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks for a wonderful night.” I say to Minami. “Bye Atsuko.”

I see Atsuko smile towards me, but knowing her long enough, I know it’s forced. Even though tonight was amazing, I knew that Atsuko felt uncomfortable the moment I arrived. I felt I was intruding on what must have supposed to be a romantic evening, and yet… I stayed. I’m not sure why I did but the more Minami talked to me and the more I laughed, the more comfortable I felt and the more I didn’t want to leave. The evening brought back memories of when Yuko and I first began dating. Everything was carefree and I only remember having a smile on my face every moment I was with her. I wanted that again.
However, it was going to be hard to trust her.

As I head to my apartment, keeping my eyes ahead instead of seeing if Minami waited in the taxi until I reached my door, my feet feel heavy. An anxious dread suddenly makes my chest twinge. Uncertain questions begin to flood my mind; ‘What if Yuko was there?’ What do I say?’ ‘What if she wasn’t?’ ‘Where would she go?’ ‘Would Yuko come back?’ ‘Would she leave me?’
My body trembles as my distress piles, making the keys jingle in my hand extraordinarily loud. I wonder what I would do if Yuko really wasn’t there when I open the door. Then, I realise, beyond anything, that is my greatest fear. 

When I open the door, I see Yuko directly in front of me. The biggest sense of relief filled me but then another reel of anxiety plays within me. What do I say now?
As we stop and stare at each other, the first thing I notice is the dark circles under her wide eyes and the same, but now crumpled, clothes Yuko wore yesterday. Even though I shouldn’t feel it, guilt makes me squirm and before I know it, I step in and close the door behind me. We still stand in silent. I stare at Yuko, someone who I have known for so many years, who I considered one of my dearest friends and more, as if she were someone new. Was this the same person who constantly declared her love for me for numerous of years? The same person who kissed another person, who kept it a secret, who lied to me? Suddenly another round of hurt makes me double back but then my heart is pulled back. I remember the desperate way Yuko grabbed onto me and the times where she held onto me even when I thought I was a lost cause. I shouldn’t give up on Yuko. It’s been too hard and long of a journey to give up now.

Uneasily, I take a step towards Yuko. Then, another, until I am just an arm’s length away from Yuko. So close that I could see the redness in her wide eyes and the remains of the dimple from a smile which I feel like I haven’t seen in forever. After a turmoil of feelings, a sense of longing suddenly fills me.

“I forgive you.”

I see the impact my words on Yuko, her eyebrows rising in the way they do. Was she that surprised that I would forgive her? However, considering my reaction, I would be shocked too. Yet, even knowing this, my uncertainty wouldn’t go away.

“But I don’t trust you.”

Again I see her react to my words, only this time I see the sadness glaze across her face.

“Haruna…” Yuko quietly begins. However, before she can continue, I interrupt.

“I want to take things slow.” I say, unable to fully throw myself back into the relationship. I couldn’t let myself be vulnerable again, completely opening up myself to another, someone who could make me so ecstatic one moment and then miserable the next. Not yet.

“At least for now.” I continue. “Please respect my wishes.”

Yuko hesitates, mulling over her answer. However, she soon looks at me with a determined gaze.

“Of course.” she confidently replies, like there is not a single doubt about her respect for me.

This makes me relieved. I’ve always admired that part of Yuko; she always respected others who deserves it.
Again there is an awkward silence that hangs over us and I don’t know what to do next. So, Yuko takes the lead, like she always has, and takes a tentative step towards me. I don’t move away and before I know it, she has her arms around my waist. When she hugs me, it surprises me. Not by the fact that she was holding me, so securely, but how I just recognise how much I have missed her warmth. An embrace that is so simple, something I took for granted.

“I love you.”

I hear those three words and the world doesn’t stop. Time doesn’t stand still. It keeps going and the revelation of Yuko’s infidelity continues to replay in my mind. It is a cruel reminder that love sometimes doesn’t conquer all and with that phrase, that it sometimes can be hard work and not all can be forgot or forgiven.

I put my chin on Yuko’s head, something I’ve done many times before. My sign of affection.

“I know.” I whisper.

Yuko’s grip tightens but I can’t bear to say the three words back because I know if I do, I would surrender myself, my resolve falling with my own words.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I were to compare myself with something, it would be the moon.

Some days, I am full, complete. Glowing impossibly bright even when surrounded by darkness, unlimitedly happy just from a simple glance from the one I fully love.
On other days, I can be half full. Simply content. Still seen for who I am, even with half of me stuck, while the other pushed on. The days then I feel the empty presence next to me on the couch, but forgotten soon later. Feeling empty, but wanting to be full.
Then, there were the days where only a diminutive part of me was left. Just a fragment of my former self, the inkling of hope that I desperately grasp. Myself made miniscule when Atsuko and I have a vicious fight and I am left with the faint wish that Atsuko would love me again.
And then there are the days when I just completely disappear, swallowed by the harsh darkness of despair and anguish. The days that were rare but crippling, where just getting up was hard. The days when Atsuko wouldn’t even look at me, when I feel like I have forgotten how it felt when her voice would resonate towards and within me. The days when I so yearn for her warm touch that it leaves me so cold that I can’t sleep. Hidden away from everyone, folded into myself, like an eclipse. Disappearing, as if I didn’t exist.

Today was the dawn of one of those days.

Atsuko left in the morning, way before I had awoken. I can tell because the bedroom door is ajar with the bed made and new dishes left to dry next to the sink in the kitchen. Frustratingly rubbing my fringe, I get ready for work, my body aching from an almost sleepless night on the couch. As I ready myself, dulling through the mindless tasks, my mind begins to clear from the fogginess. I think of last night.

During the sleepless period of the long night, after deliberating with my thoughts, I realised that it was not just me that was the cause of the fight and it was unfair to blame myself for everything. It may be because I know I am not strong to withstand the crushing weight of the responsibility but I know that Atsuko needs to take some accountability of the faults of our relationship. She can’t just storm off whenever she disagrees with something, she needs to voice her concerns and not just silently sulk. Though it is the same with me, I am no longer to shy away from a confrontation because it is what we need. We need to get everything off our chest. The sad thing is, I don’t even remember when the last time Atsuko actually said she loved me. My chest hurts at this but I need to persevere. I don’t care if I’m being stubborn or whatever, but I am not going to apologise. There is only so much I can take and I’m tired of being taken advantage of or having my feelings played against me.

With a self-assured nod, I head outside to the place where I know I am fully appreciated by at least one person.

If I could describe Minami, she would be the sun.

When she rose, she would shine impossibly bright, making everything around her glow. With just the trivial details she would remember, like my favourite colour or give me my favourite sweet, Minami could lift my spirits. Relaying the insignificant snippets of my life that I didn’t think she had listened to and stored.
Then, I would get too close and become burned, remembering she belonged to someone else, her mark lingering for a moments that were longer than I wanted.
And when Minami is gone, I would miss her presence, my world turned dark. I would then fervently wait for the morning when I would see her rise once more, only to repeat the torturous cycle.

I sigh as I quietly sit at the table. It’s been a stressful morning, especially with Mariko messaging me so early. She had wanted to meet and talk, and with everything she had done, I couldn’t say no. However, when I sat up and saw Yuko laying so peacefully, her back to me and just a touch away, I felt regretful. I wondered what it would appear if we arrived at the theatre separately.
Yet, with just a single glance back, I headed out, making sure to be as quiet as possible, as if I had a secret.
When I met Mariko, I told her everything, from what I said to what I did.Yet, I don't undertsand why, but I leave the part about the dinner from last night. Something's tells me that I am going to regret it. Even so, Mariko said she was happy that I had returned to Yuko but had her doubts. I said I had shared her doubts but I couldn’t help but forgive her, especially after everything we’ve been through. Mariko understood.

Needing alone time, I sat by myself in the changing rooms while the others arrived and carried on with their own business. I just wanted to see one person.

And that person came through.

I watch as Minami progressed around the room, everyone exclaiming their excitement and happiness at her return. At first I smile as I watch her, glad everyone realised and appreciated the missing cog of our team, but as time passed I started to feel the inkling feeling of distaste. The feeling similar to when I was first told about Yuko’s budding relationship in her drama script.

When Minami sees me, she grins and I immediately return the gesture. She slips into the chair next to me with ease and I already feel the effect of her presence, my muscles slowly releasing their natural tension.

“Yesterday was fun.” she says.

“It really was.” I reply effortlessly.

“We should do it more often.”

“I think so.”

Suddenly I see Mii-chan heading towards.

“Look Mii-chan.” I wave over. “Minami has taken off her cast.” I excitedly point.

Mii-chan looks at me with a puzzled expression, and I realise my mistake. However, she doesn’t comment and instead turns to Minami, who either didn’t hear or chose to ignore my change of speech.
I wonder, when did I start addressing Takamina as Minami?

After catching up, Mii-chan soon heads away to talk to Mariko and I return to having Minami all to myself. Abruptly I see Minami raise her hand. My stomach jumps when I see Yuko.

“Yuko!” Minami calls, waving at Yuko to come over.

Instantly I am just wishing that we would head to practise already so we wouldn’t have to awkwardly connect, but not all the members had arrived yet.
I stare as Yuko brightly smiles, and begins heading to us. However, even though she is shining, I see the quiver in her hands and I know Yuko is nervous as much as I am. Minami moves against me, making room for Yuko to sit. I don’t know if it’s the sudden increase in body heat or that my body is jittering excessively but I feel extremely hot. Though I am glad Minami is sitting in the middle, keeping us at a necessary distance.

“I see you’ve got your cast off.” congratulates Yuko, beginning their animated conversation. 

As Minami and Yuko chat, their focus only on each other, I sneak off to Mariko. I’m beginning to feel like a lone thief.

“Are you okay?” quietly asks Mariko.

I nod.

“Do you want me to say anything?”

“No, don’t. I just want to get through one day at a time.”

Mariko nods, respecting my choice. However, I wonder if I can abide by my own choice, or escape like the coward that I've become.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:43:04 PM by melon-lover »

Offline ptrd3009

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 13 - 01/07/2013] UPDATED!
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »
finally you update XD
i know yuko should deserve it about her mistake
but haruna she don't love yuko anymore?
it's seem she like takamina and don't care about yuko feeling
it's kinda sad about their suitation. i hope it'll relieve soon
please don't make kojiyuu and atsumina so sad writer-san :(

Offline arrow27

• Member+
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »
Thanks so much for the update! I love this fic :D

A great chapter like always :) Still a pretty tough situation though between the two couples, all of them are having such a hard time :( Seems Haruna may have feelings for both Minami and probably still yuko as well.

As for Atsumina, it's pertty tough, poor Atsuko feels unappreciated but Minami def thinks highly of the girl. It's not really her fault she care about everyone but hopefully she can prove to Atsuko she loves her dearly still!

Thanks again. I look forward to finding out what happens next :)

Offline heomagic

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2013, 02:56:36 AM »
 :shocked :shocked :shocked Ahhhhh... Is my eyes deceives me? An update  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:. I have been waiting forever for this moment. Ow~ I love you so much and I love how your story goes :heart: :heart: :heart:... please continue your amazing work  :otomerika: :otomerika: :otomerika:. I will keep waiting for your fic  :yep: :yep: :yep:
Please take care and have a nice day.

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:38 AM »
Although Takamina is my oshi, I'm kinda angry at her for not realizing how Acchan feels. Anyone would feel upset over your lover caring about others more than they care bout you and I'm also a bit irritated at Haruna's intrusion on Acchan's birthday knowing full well that Takamina already has Acchan.

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
What's going to happen to Atsumina relationship?

Would Atsuko be able to be more patient with Takamina?

What about Yuko and Haruna?

What's going to happen next?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
I absolutely love how you wrote this story so that the readers know clearly what the characters are thinking
it makes that story that much better :)
Atsumina are really not understanding each other circumstances
hopefully they can open up more to each other and work things out
I understand that Haruna doesn't want to dive into things too fast
but she really should give Yuko a fair chance
I know Yuko loves her very much
Thanks for the update!!

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »
Hm, to me it feels like everything is still up in the air. The uncertainty is rather unsettling.

But thanks for the update! I really hope you post again soon. I really do enjoy reading your writing :)

Offline melon-lover

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 14 - 20/08/2013] UPDATED!
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
@ ptrd3009: Yes I did, finally updated haha. I'm trying my best to update but it seems like it's not working out haha. I'm sorry but it seems like the four are going to suffer a lot more  :gyaaah:
@ arrow27: Thank you haha, you really are a loyal reader  :lol: Well, you no longer have to wait keke
@ heomagic: Awww thanks~ Thank you and hope you've had nice days  :heart:
@ Tanchan: Yep, it's anger all around. I know for sure I would be pissed if my partner didn't notice me and if I can became the third wheel
@ cisda83: So many questions but can't answer them yet writer privilage keke But hope this chapter also answers some other questions you may have
@ KojiYuu44: Thanks, I sometimes find it difficult to word the feelings that I want to portray but I'm glad so far it's working well haha. Yes, let's hope things work out  :ding:
@ kurumi: Yes it certainly is uncertain. And thank you for reading and hope you enjoy this chapter  :D

Thank you everyone for the comments!
I've taken a while to update again but this time I've made it a bit longer because as you may tell from the chapter, history is going to come out and be explained hence the slightly bias amount to Atsuko
I hope everyone enjoys this chapter once more and comments again
  :)

14 – Running from the Past

Dance practice came and went and it was already time to go. Even though it’s been awhile since I’ve come to the theatre, it doesn’t excuse the amount of mistakes that I made. Even Takamina took me aside to ask if I was alright. However, how could I explain to her everything that has happened, even if she is one of my best friends? She wouldn’t understand because she’s the most trusted person I know. Whereas me, the one person I care about the most can’t even look at me properly, let alone begin to trust me again. Like they say, trust takes a lifetime to build but a second to collapse.

As I change, I let my gaze wonder to Haruna, who was changing across the room. Once again, I steal a glance while she almost blissfully talks to Mii-chan. This reminds of the time, which seems so far away now, when I used to always catch myself looking at Haruna. I was like an adolescent boy trying to sneak a peek into the girls changing rooms. However, I can’t help but admire her. Her sweat makes the vest top cling to her even more, with her leggings shaping around her lower half ever so nicely. That slim waist, her flat stomach, those voluptuous curves and silky skin, it is all enough to make me drool.

How long has it been since I’ve seen Haruna like that? How long has it been since I’ve prised her like this?

“I told you to tell her.”

The voice snaps my attention back and I turn to see Mariko gazing at me, disapproval on her face. I suddenly feel guilt and an anger warp inside me, swirling into an ugly mess. Without realising, my eyes are squinted into a glare, my brows scrunched with frustration. Even though Marko is one of my closest friends, I want to spite her.

“I know I made a mistake.” I mutter. “But you don’t have to rub it in.”

“But I do because it’s like you don’t realise what you could have lost.” she almost hisses. “Don’t you remember how long it took for you to actually win her over, how many tears you cried to me because you didn’t have a clue about Haruna’s feelings? Well it seems like after all this time; you still don’t know anything about her.”

Mariko’s words were like a whip, striking me quickly and repeatedly until my spirit was covered in bleeding blisters. However, even though the pain is intense, I know it’s true. Of course I knew that. But I never for once took Haruna for granted and I knew that keeping everything a secret could have possibly made everything worse. However, if she didn’t find out, it would have saved Haruna from becoming so much more hurt than she needed to be. It was obvious how she felt about my onscreen romance. So, I would have picked the latter any day. If it didn’t back fire on me, we would still be happy together. However, now that it has happened, all I wanted to do was forget about it. But it seems Mariko wasn’t going to let me go so easily. So, again, I’m going to have to run away like the coward I am.

“Look I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.”

In a rush, I carry my things and escape from the dressing room. However, not before I glance back and see Haruna not noticing, too preoccupied in talking with Minami. Again, I feel the unknown twist in my heart that was becoming more frequent. Yet, without putting a name to it, I retreat to the outside. Even if I may be about an hour early, I decide to head to the set to get ready for my next job.

How could I explain to Mariko that I only knew how to exist when I was with Haruna, wanted only by her? That I don’t have a clue on how to even normally live when I am not wanted. That feeling of lost and wonderment which leaves me suspended as if I am hanging on the edge of a cliff only by a piece of string.
It is far too complicated that even sometimes I don’t understand.

When two people love each other, shouldn’t that be enough?

But I already know the cruel answer to that question.

It isn’t.

It’s only been a day since my awful ‘fight’ with Minami but I already feel like my heart has been all but entirely consumed by guilt and regret. Above all else, what frustrated me the most was that Minami didn’t even fight back. Most of our fights involved me just yelling my thoughts, while she stayed silent, listening. Some may say that is a great quality to have, being an intent listener, but they don’t know how irritating it is to be letting your anger pore out into an emotionless block. It wasn’t that I purposely argue with Minami, but some type of reaction would be enough. I don’t want to feel like the bad guy all the time. Yet, even so, I do. This remorse was enough for me to feel bad about anything. 

I drive my concentrate back on my script, wanting something to take my mind off this exhausting sensation. So much so that I find myself whispering the script to myself so I can take my mind off that Minami has my feelings wrapped around her finger.

“Can you please stop muttering?”

I turn to face Mizuki who was busy fixing her makeup that the makeup ladies had just finished. Ever since the other day, I have noticed her lessened hostility to me. This morning there were no snide remarks or obvious signs of sabotage. I wonder what happened. It couldn’t be that this was her sign of gratitude for when I saved her from losing face.

“You say it as if I have a choice.” I answer, testing her.

I can’t help how she is so much different than Minami. So argumentative and insulting that it has become more astounding how well she comes back, then how hurtful her actual words are. Usually when I retorted, Mizuki was quick to spit back her response. This is what I’m expecting.
However, I am almost shocked when Mizuki simply scoffs. Even though I am looking at my script, I can’t but wonder if Mizuki is too tired or really has less hatred towards me.

I then think of the forgotten past and remember it wasn’t always like this.

It was during my middle school days when I was met Mizuki. Being a mere thirteen year old teenager, before I auditioned for AKB48, I was cold and always said to be emotionless. Almost from the first day, I was labelled an outsider, with my joyless face. It wasn’t that I wasn’t content, at that time; I just thought there was no need to show it. There were those girls in my class that tried to involve me into their group but when they saw how unresponsive I was, those attempts soon dwindled until no one bothered. Rumours began to spread to spread about my dark aura, people saying that I was a witch. With my lifeless hair and my blank eyes, bullies found a new target. However, with the small school, they found it hard to find a free time to hurt me, especially with the constantly roaming and monitoring teachers. But when they did, though I was a terrible runner, I could hide easily. I soon learned of hiding places that the bullies knew nothing of and I soon spent my breaks and lunches in those places, my school life even more isolated than before. Yet, I didn’t mind. In fact, it was much calmer, without the constant glances and hushed whispers about my mysterious existence.

However, that secluded time was soon to end.

“This is Itaki Mizuki. She’s your new classmate so please treat her nicely.”

I remember I had blankly stared at the entrance of the new girl, not feeling much of anything. With her overgrown fringe and rather untidy uniform, plain appearance, she was quick to be labelled as an outsider. Like me.
Around me I already heard the beginning of malicious whispers and it was even more unlucky for her when she was sat next to me. However, like to others, I ignored her existence. Even when I could clearly see her nervousness and stutters, even when I knew what was going to happen to her, I ignored it. She wasn’t someone I had to be concerned with.

Then it happened during a gym lesson. The teacher asked us to split into pairs. This type of exercise I always hated since before the addition of Mizuki, I was never paired with anyone. Then seeing this, the teacher would force me into a group and even though I never reacted, I saw the looks I would receive from the pair when I invaded their bond, their apprehensive and almost accusing eyes. As if to say,

‘Why are you with us? We didn’t want you. How dare you join us. This is such a pain. Why did you have to exist in this class? Without you, we would be so much happier.’

However, even though my insides turned until there was a tight knot, I never showed it. That day began like any other lesson, as I watched everyone around get into their desired pair, I was gradually becoming alone. No one wanted me.

“Erm… Maeda-san…”

I remember spinning my head with surprise towards the source of the tiny voice. It was Itaki Mizuki. With her thick hair, I couldn’t even see the top half of her face, but I didn’t need to, to know that she was nervous. Her whole body was trembling. However, even then I was unforgiving. I just stared at her with dead eyes, not expecting much.

“…I was… wondering… if you’ll like to… be partners… with…me…”

Immediately I was struck by shock. What was this timid mouse of a girl saying to me? What others have never done, she was holding her hand out to me. And all I had to do was grasp it.

I nodded before I realised what was happening. Nevertheless, I still proceeded with caution. She might have just come to me because there was no one else. She doesn’t yet know of my true self. However, I suddenly saw her surprised expression turn into one of relief and happiness. A genuine expression that I have rarely seen.
That lesson was the most memorable and fun lesson I’ve ever had. Even though I never voiced it out loud, I was happy to be part of something. No matter how much I denied it, in my heart, I knew I was lonely. However, it was short lived. The hour lesson was over and again, we would return to just being classmates. That was what always happened. They try once, and never try again. At least, that was what I thought. Yet, at lunch, Mizuki came to me once again, seeking my lonely self.

“Can we… have lunch…together?”

From then on, we were inseparable. Soon, my emotionless and callous self, opened and in came a trickle of sensations that I had long thought had been numbed. Unreserved happiness and frank sadness, I felt it all. It was not only me that felt the change, also the people around me, their comments of my new positive attitude made my parents finally smile and feel less worried about their once quiet daughter. Mizuki had also changed. Gone was the timid, shy girl but instead a more confident and self-assured person. And it was all thanks to her. I remember when I first saw her hair parted and when I saw those eyes, so bright and lively, I realised she was much cuter than I initially thought. And I felt privileged for being the sole person in the school to realise this.
However, with our friendship came consequences. It seemed, when seeing their prey grow stronger, it only urged the bullies to increase their pursuit and harden their torturous resolve. However, thanks to my instincts and my hiding places, even with Mizuki, it was easy to avoid the conflicts. With Mizuki, it made hiding less cowardly and more fun than ever before.

One day, after mustering some courage and switching on my bluntness, I asked Mizuki something that I’d wanted to know a long time.

“Mizu-chan, why did you come to me?”

“On the first day, when I first walked to school, I saw you help that kitten. And I just thought, someone who helps others can’t be a bad person.”

My mind registered her words and my heart saved them. Mizuki was the first person to breach my dark shell and see who I really was, grasping my potential.

“Mizu-chan.” I said, clasping her hands in mine. “Let’s promise to be best friends forever.”

From Mizuki’s emerging beam, I already received my answer. “Atsu-chan... let’s promise.”

As our pinkie fingers twirled around each other, I felt the unmistakable strength of friendship. Even though we weren’t invincible, together we could be strong and our bond would eternally entwine us. I would be Mizu-chan’s best friend forever.

However, the naïve me didn’t know that some people can be incredibly cruel.

I sit in my dressing room, rather nervously waiting for the call to come onto the set. It’s been three days since I’ve met Hayami-senpai and I feel extremely nervous. Too be honest, it is more fear than nervousness. I still clearly remember the sound that resonated through me when Hayami-senpai slammed his hands against the wall; that tremor that shook my core. His eyes… it was as if they belonged to a wild animal. It was so different from his usual tranquil self.

I remember the first time I ever met Hayami-senpai.

After my long hiatus from acting, I was extremely nervous about my first major supporting role on a mainstream morning drama, a timeslot that was unbelievably popular and demanding. It made me even more anxious that I would be working alongside veteran actors and actresses, as well as a well-known and successful director. On the first script reading that was to be held with the entire crew, I arrived first to the room, my hands clinging to each other to keep them from trembling. My mind swarmed with worrying thoughts, questions like; ‘Will they like me?’, ‘Will I be able to act properly in front of them?’, ‘Will I ruin my image if I do something wrong?’ Their noise so loud that I didn’t hear the approaching steps.

All of a sudden, I jumped when I felt large, warm hands lightly clap onto my shoulders. I remember my scream was short but brash. Immediately I spun round with a pounding heart and saw, for the first time, it was Mokomichi Hayami. From the screen, I finally saw Hayami-senpai in real life, and he wore a rather shocked expression. My heart then exploded. I stood stunned for a moment, before bowing quickly and repeated, apologising with haste.

“Oshima-san, its fine. It was my fault for scaring you.”

When I looked at him, I gazed at the tender smile and the image imprinted in me. From then on, I knew he was someone I could depend on. He was kind, gentle and reassuring. I soon began to feel an attachment to him. He reminded me of my older brother, someone who I missed dearly. After being independent for so long, taking care of others, it was nice to be nurtured once in a while. Even though other senpais treated me kindly and taught me many things, none of them seemed to have as much of an impression as Hayami-senpai did on me. He influenced my acting decisions and pushed me to greater heights. He was someone that I could finally depend on.

When I learned that Hayami-senpai and I would have a romantic line, I was tense. Could I act amorously with someone who I felt like was my brother? I felt it was almost like incest. However, I knew it would be a great test for my acting abilities and if I overcome this hurdle, I could finally trust my own capabilities. Even if it did cause some arguments with Haruna, I felt it was worth it. And with the support of Hayami-senpai, I knew I could do it.

However, when I learned of Hayami-senpai’s feelings towards me, I realised that this sibling affection I felt was one-sided. He wanted more. I didn’t. However, I couldn’t reveal that I was already in a relationship, especially with a female and a member of AKB. It would be scandalous. At the beginning, perhaps I would have trusted Hayami-senpai to something like that a secret, but then doubts began to form. I couldn’t hurt Haruna like that, especially after how I hurt her already. Just that thought makes me go crazy. Now with Hayami-senpai’s feelings, there was definitely no way that I could reveal anything to him.
Then, when he kissed me, almost forcing himself on me, it was the first time I felt such a negative feeling towards Hayami-senpai. An instinct that warned me to keep my distance. A sense of betrayal that couldn’t be easily overcome. Perhaps this was what Haruna was feeling, except for her, I bet it is ten times worse. I never loved Hayami-senpai.

I wondered if I should tell anyone what happened, the kiss that ruined my relationship with my adored senpai. I was going to tell Haruna, but then the ‘that’ happened. Just thinking of it makes my cheek twitch.
However, with the events that occurred in this short period of time, it made me think. After deliberating over it, I may have been too swift. Instead of being repelled by his actions, maybe I should feel flattered. It’s not every day that someone I highly respected has feelings for me. Although his approach may have been wrong, he doesn’t know about Haruna and me. Thinking of it, I did the same thing to Haruna, the only difference being was that we were alone in her living room. So, there is only one question really left.

Can I forgive him for what he did?

If he didn’t kiss me, I wouldn’t have felt Haruna’s wrath and feel this guilt cling to my heart like a spider’s web. However, it wasn’t his fault because he acted on an impulse while thinking I was available. These decisions were becoming all the more difficult and my head is hurting just from thinking of it. If only I could rely on someone again to give me advice. Someone like Hayami-senpai.

Suddenly there is a knocking at the door.

“Come in.” I call.

Then, as when the opens, I see who it is. Hayami-senpai stands at the only entrance and exit of the room, as if he was summoned by my thoughts. I immediately wonder if he can read minds.

“Hi Yuko-chan.” he greets, before closing the door.

Again he greets me in such a casual way that it sends shivers through me. I feel that unconscious fear cling to my shoulders, tensing them. The image of his wide eyes flashes in my mind again and I can’t help but feel anxious as I clench the handles of my seat. Nevertheless, I have decided to let the past go and forgive him. He’s done so much for me, with this, I feel we are even.

As he slowly approaches, his movement reminding me of a predator, I stand and force a smile.

“Good afternoon Hayami-senpai.” I politely greet.

“Now, now Yuko. What did we say about you being so formal? Didn’t I tell you to greet me casually? We’re friends aren’t we?”

His questions seem to be more opinions than queries, his sharp tone not going unnoticed by me. Instinctively I step back as he steps forward. The fear is building within me and I remember this feels like the other day, when Hayami slammed his hands against the wall. I notice my breath is coming in short gasps. I feel trapped.

“Yuko, I want to talk about the other day.” he begins, suddenly stopping in front of me. “I’m sorry about everything. I know I acted rashly. I just hope I didn’t ruin our relationship and hope you can forgive me.”

Seeing his sincere expression, I am less frightened. Although I don’t let my guard completely down, my heart has stopped burning. I think he really is sorry. Then, I remember even though I hurt Haruna severely, she had forgiven me. I should do the same.

“I’ve already forgiven you Hayami-senpai.” I say, letting my hand lightly pat his arm.

All of a sudden, his hands are on my arms, gripping them tightly. Panic immediately overwhelms me. Like an ensnarled animal, I attempt to free myself, frantically fighting back with my best efforts.

“Hayami-senpai! Let me go! Hayami-senpai.”

I stare at him and my insides instantly feel like they are frozen. His eyes are a steely gaze, one that held my heart with an ice grip, rimmed with a madness that I didn’t dare grasp. His head suddenly ducks towards me and I quickly avoid it, as if my life depended on it.

“Please Yuko. Just one more kiss and I’m sure you’ll feel it too.”

Tears of terror form in my eyes. I didn’t want this. I don’t want him to be like this. I want his hands off me. I want him away from me. I want him gone.

“Stop it!”

Then after my yell, a slap resonates through the quiet room. Hayami-senpai instantly freezes, as if he snapped from a trance. It happened so fast that the only inclination that I did such a thing is from my stinging hand and the pulsing red mark on Hayami-senpai’s cheek. He suddenly lets go and steps back, shaking his head as if he was denying what had just occurred.

“I’m sorry.” he whispers.

“Get out!” I cry.

Hayami immediately flees the room, as if running from a crime he committed. When the door closes, it’s as if all the air was pushed back in and I can finally breathe. I grab the nearest chair and collapse into it. I don’t know why but the chair is shaking. But then, when I look at my hands, I realise it is me who is shaking.

What is this feeling? This penetrating instinct? Oh right, its fear. I am quivering with fear. 

And just like that, the hot tears roll down my cheeks. My sobs come out in trembling breaths and my chest feels like it has a thousand elastic bands constricting it. There is only one person who I wish was here with me, just her silent presence being the comfort I needed. But at the same time, she was the sole person who I never wanted to see my weak and vulnerable self, who I hoped would never see me the way I see myself. Her name comes out in a whisper that even my own ears could barely sense.

“Haruna…”

I stare at Mizuki, her eyes staring at me with dismay and disbelief.

“How could you do this to me?” she raised, unshed tears brimming around her eyes.

“Please, let me explain-”

“No! You let Subaru-kun kiss you? You know full well of my feelings and you still let him do it.”

“Kana please-”

“Just stop. I knew you couldn’t be trusted. I thought you were my best friend. I thought you loved my brother. How could you betray us? How could you betray me?”

I don’t answer. The frown on my face is enough to show how remorseful and despondent I am.

“Just leave.” Mizuki mutters. “I can’t look at you anymore.”

On cue, I turn away from her, closing the door on our onscreen friendship.

“Cut!” shouts the director. “That was wonderful. Good work everyone.”

Finally, it is the end of the busy day of shooting and I can finally go home, even though a part of me doesn’t want to. I’m not sure on how to face Minami since our fight. One side of me was even glad to be working, my mind being kept elsewhere. However, now I have to face the music. If we are to continue this relationship, we have to jump this hurdle, even if it is the highest one so far. I know I shouldn’t blame Minami for being so caring, since that is one of the qualities she possesses which made me fall in love with her in the first place, but I wish, even if it is incredibly selfish, that she would only pay attention to me.

When I leave the set, entering the dressing room, I immediately check my phone. Immediately my heart sinks when I see there are no missed called from Minami. Not even a single message. Again the awful thought enters my head. Maybe Minami doesn’t love me as much as I love her.

However, rather gratefully, I’m not allowed to dwell on that distressing idea because Mizuki soon enters the room. I simply glance at her, which is returned with the same briefness. She easily settles down on her seat, obviously not weighed down by worries such as mine. Though, it isn’t long before Mizuki makes me realise that my unknowing thought would be proven wrong.

“You never answered my question.”

I look at Mizuki, her sudden statement catching me off guard and confusing me. I see her turn to me, giving the first earnest look she had ever aimed at me since nearly ten years ago.

“How could you do that to me? I thought… Why did you leave me?”

Her questions strike me, unexpected. It brings back memories that I wish I could forget. It was years ago but I remember like it was yesterday. This is because it still haunts me to this day.

It had been half a year since our friendship blossomed and I truly thought we were inseparable. We spent nearly every waking moment with each other, talking or in comfortable silence.  Speaking on my behalf, I even thought of Mizuki even when I slept, about how grateful I was to find a friend like her.

That was until I was reminded that our bond was just as delicate as a new flower. It only took a few tramples to crush it.

It was a new season, a new term, a new year and we were finally third year middle schoolers, the most senior students in the school and just one year from attending high school. It was like any other school day, but I was older, wiser and looked at each day with a brighter approach because of my one friend. There was also one other difference. My younger sister finally started middle school and she joined us when Mizuki and I walked to and from school. The three of us, blissfully happy in our own world, that I thought no one could disturb.
With the changes, there was still one thing that didn’t change. Mizuki and I were still isolated from others. Some things cannot be changed so easily. And the old routine began of us avoiding the bullies, our secret hiding spots never discovered. Again, I thought we would persevere. If we could last one more short year, Mizuki and I would be finally free of this place and we can start anew, our friendship unhindered by other influences. Just the thought made us excited for a new life outside the walls of our current school.

However, that dream that we so easily built, crumbled just as quickly.

I was waiting outside the toilets for Mizuki, thinking of what we could do during the weekend. Perhaps we could go pre-cherry blossom watching, or shopping or-

“Hey.”

Instantly I recognise the voice, the one that made my palms sweaty and dangerously increased my heart rate. Hitomi stared at me with her cold eyes and menacing sneer, her lackeys intimidating. Even though I can only recall her first name, but I can clearly remember the fear that encased my heart every time I saw her. 

“What you doing all alone Maeda?” she jeered. “Aren’t you always together with the Mouse? Where is she? Did she also decide to ditch you because she found out you’re really a witch?”

Her deriding questions made my fists clench in defiance, my jaws clenched with subdued anger, but my legs quaked with the impulse to escape. If I had run, when it was unexpected, they wouldn’t be able to catch me. However, I suppressed the instinct to retreat because I couldn’t abandon Mizuki to face the hyenas in the lion’s den alone. So, I remain silent, enduring the ridicule. Soon I felt the loom of her body, her shadow casting on my face and courage. Yet, I stare straight up at her, meeting her dark gaze with my own. I’ve finally had enough of their constant harassment. There was no turning back. My mustered braveness did not go unnoticed.

“Well, Maeda you seem to be rather brave, or rather foolish. Are you trying to pick a fight? But I guess with the support of your girlfriend, it would be expected. Maybe I need to beat the both of you to get rid of the freakiness from your body.”

I remain silent at her threatening remarks. I continue to face her, even if my body felt cold from all the evaporating sweat.

“Maybe this freakiness is contagious. I don’t want to catch it.”

My heart slightly dropped with relief. Perhaps Hitomi was going to leave her alone since I wasn’t giving her much of a reaction. 

“Or maybe, it runs in the family. Maybe your family is full of witches and Mizuki is your pet. You have a sister right Maeda?”

Instantly my blood runs ice cold.

“Yeah you do. She just started in first year. Even though it seems she’s normal, maybe she needs a lesson to teach her to know her place. She deserves to be alone for having a freak of a sister. Maybe she’s the true witch but is hiding it.”

Even though I tried to respond, to defend my sister, my throat had closed with intense fear.

“But then again, she might be normal. It might just be you. You’re the only one that needs to be alone. I have an idea. We’ll leave your sister alone, if you take her place.”

I am about to quickly agree but then Hitomi must have sensed my willingness.

“Actually, no that’s too easy. We’ll leave your sister alone… if Itaki takes her place.”

My pounding heart suddenly drops, motionless and I processed what I heard.

“You tell us all your hiding places and you keep to yourself, like all witches who have to be alone, and we’ll spare your sister. How does that sound?”

It was either my beloved younger sister, who remained by my side knowing my personality, or Mizuki who was my first true friend who reached out to me in spite of everyone else. I had to choose.
No one can describe the turmoil of feelings and responsibility that I felt to each of them. The hurt I felt from every nerve of my body knowing if I chose, one would suffer because of me. That immense guilt still haunts me. However, as Hitomi cruelly hovered, I was forced to make a decision.

I had chosen.

I left without a single look back, even when I heard the toilet doors open, even when I heard the familiar yelp of surprise, I kept walking ahead, petrified to turn back, too ashamed to hide the sobs that escaped from my lips.

I purposely avoided Mizuki, with great efforts. I left early to school and left late to avoid her, not letting my sister know what was wrong. I left as soon as the bell rang, escaping her earnest gaze and finding a new place to hide that could not be found by anyone. I was alone again and I had never felt so lonely in my life. I ignored Mizuki’s endless calls and messages, even though I would look at them soon after, making myself suffer further because that was what I deserved. I had lost weight from not eating, my body became lifeless as I stayed awake with sleepless nights and thought haunting days, and my parents thought I was sickly. Then, because of that, I was excused to attend gym lessons, secluding myself from everyone, especially Mizuki, even further. I thought there was no way that I could sink lower, the grief and shame consuming me like a tar pit.

Then, it happened. That fateful day when I’m sure caused Mizuki to rightfully hate me with all her might.

It was lunch and I was heading to my new spot. It had been two weeks since Hitomi’s despising compromise and Muziki had long since given up. Then, as I was passing an abandoned garden, I heard the dull sounds of punching and kicks. I froze when I heard the sound of Hitomi and her gang’s taunting, followed by a faint whimpering. I don’t know what possessed me to head towards the sounds, but I had peeked around the corner, stood there as I watched them attack a single girl who lay defenceless in the dirt. They didn’t notice me but I saw who they were harassing. And she saw me. Her stare broke my trance and I quickly turned away. However, as I walked, I couldn’t help but want to confirm what I saw.
When I looked back, I felt my heart break and that soul-ripping urge to go back. The tears that streamed down her stained face, her small cries as they kicked at her curled body, the outreached hand that wished I would grasp, it all tore into me. However, what imprinted on my memory and my nightmares was Mizuki’s gaze. I watched as the glimmer of hope faded from her stare, until it was a blank stare, when she finally accepted her fate. It was as if all her optimism and happiness was seeped from her body, until she was left with nothing. An empty shell, which would only be filled with negativity.

I was a coward.

When I auditioned for AKB, it was during that time when I thought I had nothing else to lose. Then, when I succeeded and began to gradually sink my time further and further into this new place, a home which accepted me unconditionally, for my flaws and all, I slowly began to forget the pain and push the memories and guilt into a place where I could survive. I met the one girl who turned me into a woman, one who loved me for who I was and who took my reciprocated feelings and held them as close as I held the secrets of my past to my heart. I moved on with my life, burying that school and the people into a place where I would only visit in the darkest times, when I felt the wonderment and pinch of regret. I didn’t deserve this happiness.

I look at Mizuki now, her hair changed, her face which I always found adorable was revealed and her personality is all different from the Mizu-chan I once knew. However, I still feel the lingers of our memories that remind me of the fondness we shared between us long ago. She deserves to know the truth.

“My younger sister had just entered junior high. They offered me a choice. It was either you, or my sister.”

I don’t need to continue because it is clear who I chose. I sniff as I feel the pricks of unwanted tears. I don’t want to seem weak now. I’m tired of hiding from the consequences. I gaze at Mizuki with purpose. I have to let the past go.

“Perhaps I should have said this sooner but… I’m sorry.”

A silence follows. I had expected to do something, scream or hit me, but Mizuki remains quiet. Her silence scares me more. Suddenly, she stands and I watch as she heads to the door. Then, when she opens it, Mizuki gives me one last look before leaving.

When the sound of the latch clicks, I still think of her eyes. Her gaze was as emotionless as that fateful day I turned away and ruined our precious friendship. The day that I broke our promise to be best friends forever.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:42:44 AM by melon-lover »

Offline olive29

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
Finally !!!

An update... :bow:

That Hayami guy...  :angry:

I want to kill him...  :angry:

Can't wait for the next chapter..

Offline Tam_atsu

• Kojiyuu addict ❤️
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • i love Akb48 and Maeda Atsuko ❤ kojiyuu/atsuyuu
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2013, 01:23:42 AM »
Finally you're back too!  :heart:
awww whats going to happen to my kojiyuu  :cry: :cry:
this fic is becoming sad  :cry:
i hope kojiyuu will make up soon  :cry:
PLEASE UPDATE SOON!! i really missed this :P :bow:

Silent reader for now

Offline bimbo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
Awesome as always  :)
I hope you can update more frequent than now  :P Just so in love with your fanfic. It's hard now to find a serious, drama-genre fanfic with Minami + Haruna's weird relationship. Can't describe how much exciting it is to read the next chap  XD

Offline heomagic

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:28 AM »
AWwwwww~ Thank you so much for this update. I really really love your fic and I read it a lot of time already. I've waited so long and it's really worth it. Thanks again!!! Please take care and update it sooner :P.

Thanks thanks thanks. <3 <3 <3

Offline yourockme

• R.E.A.D.E.R :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't do something that you'll regret later.
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2013, 02:54:30 AM »
AIR! AIR! I NEED AIR!
Whoaaah this is awesome, very awesome.  :gmon love:
Mizuki and Acchan's friendship is really sad.
We can't blame the both of them. Cause it's the bullies!
(Well we can also blame the author. LOL joke iloveyouauthorsan)  :mon kissy:
But well it's the story, waaaah so beautiful.
I can't stop reading it when I started until this chapter.
I got angry when my mother interrupted me lol.  :ding:
Well then I think I need to wait for the updates like others doing.
I love it  :heart: Thank you!
Ganbatte!  :yep:
Ps: UPDATE'S A MUST  :bow:  :panic:
~also i now shipped AcchanxMizuki   :mon wtf:  :mikilaugh:

jaaa~ :cow:
Atsuyuu ♥ Takayuu ♥ Atsumina ♥ Mayuki

YOSH! I'M BACK! FINALLY!!! (notreally)
Been inactive these past few months. =__=
ARRRRGHHHH DUNNO WHY!

Offline melon-lover

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: How Long Does Forever Last? [Chapter 15 - 12/10/2013] UPDATED!
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »
olive29: Totally, he's a bad bad man
Tam_atsu: Well, you're not going to like this chapter then...
bimbo: Thank you very much, and yeah, updating frequently didn't happen at all lol!
heomagic: Sorry about the wait!
yourockme: Thanks!  :lol: Awww poor mum  XD

I am back! I am so sorry it took such a long time to update, especially after I said in the last chapter I would update more frequently lol! I don't know what even happened, it's not even a long chapter, but I eventually got to it and here it is. Since I haven't got an excuse, I'll let you guys get to reading haha
Thank you to the commenters and likers and hope everyone enjoys this chapter  :D

15 – Home is Where the Heart is

Practice came and went and it was already the end.

“The ramen was so spicy I thought my tongue was going to fall off!”

Giggles bubble in my chest and escapes from my mouth, my stomach hurting from Minami’s story. I easily remember when Minami ate the spiciest ramen in the world and how she literally blurted them out. It was hilarious and adorable. It is one of those memories that always bring a smile to my face.

Suddenly I remember, in the midst of my laughter, how I want Yuko to hear this story, how I missed the sweet sound of her chortles and the picturesque sight of her smile. At what seems like a memory now, my laughter dies down. I am sad again. As Minami talks, I sneak a glance at Yuko, who was changing across the room. Except from Mari-chan, it seemed no one noticed the tension between us, even in practice. Though we were professional when performing songs, smiling even when we were positioned closely, at the end we immediately drew apart, like repelling magnets. At least, I walked away, and when I looked, Yuko seemed to have been doing the same. It was difficult to say the least. Even now, as I watch her change, I feel the familiar yearning to touch her soft skin, to feel the slight shivers that only my touch could bring. However, I wasn’t the only one that wanted to touch her intimately. She was kissed by another. Immediately I flare with anger and I turn away.

Love is supposed to be patient. Love is kind. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. So why was it that I am impatient, spiteful, distrusting, uncertain and tired?

I glance at Minami as she changes and I look at her, closer than I have ever before. I realise how different she is to Yuko, only sharing their small height. Yuko had a voluptuous body, even with her short stature, while Minami was flatter but still as thin. Yuko wore decorative undergarments while Minami stuck to plain colours. Yuko carried herself with a childish and boyish confidence, especially while getting changed, while Minami was still timid and shy, changing with a speed that was incomparable. One I have complete faith in, the other I have lost all belief. Now when I’m even near Yuko, I feel awkward. With Minami, I feel the most comfortable.

Sometimes, I wonder, what it would to be with Minami.

To have her care for me like she did for Atsuko, the feeling of having complete trust in your partner. That concept is now a mystery to me.

Flipping on my shirt, I glance at Yuko’s direction. I stop when I see Mari-chan talking to Yuko, and I can instantly tell that Yuko is uncomfortable. I ponder what Mari-chan is saying. I know it must be something hard to hear because Yuko hastily rushes out of the changing rooms, without a single glance at me.

“Minami.” I say, her name slipping easily from my tongue, still gazing at the spot Yuko was just a moment ago.

“Yeah?” 

“I don’t want to go home.”

I hear Minami pause but then she answers. “Me either.”

Haruna laughs as I explain and describe the spiciness of the ramen. As she laughs, I do as well. This is the most calm I have felt in a while. However, no matter how much I try to convince myself, it isn’t the same. I try to put on a false pretence, an image of bliss, that nothing is wrong with my life. If only they knew, that underneath each laugh and humorous story, my heart was crying with loneliness.

Atsuko left again without a word in the morning and I awoke from the couch feeling my back and neck ache and my chest painfully aware that she still hasn’t spoken a meaningful word to me. I know that perhaps I should be the first to approach her since I am guilty of making her utterly upset. However, just because I care for others as well as Atsuko, doesn’t mean I was in the wrong.  It is in my nature to be caring and I don’t want to apologise for being kind. Therefore, just as stubbornly as Atsuko, I remain silent, even if the place I once called home isn’t comfortable anymore.
Yet, at the same time, I want to call her. I want to hear her voice. I want to hear her say ‘I love you’. Even though we live together, she’s not there. I miss her.

I take my mobile phone out. No relevant messages or missed calls. I think about calling her, but I don’t. I don’t want to bother her, especially at work, where she would probably have blunt words towards me since I would be disturbing her.

Suddenly, I feel myself look at Haruna, who is still smiling to herself. Carefree and easy-going, our personalities just click. I could so joke and mess around with Haruna, but at the same time, know that I could fully depend on her when need be. She is always there for me.
Unlike Atsuko, who is sometimes too serious or too careless, that she would frustrate or worry me. What makes me more aware of Atsuko and I, of us, is when she’s not even around. When her presence is missing and I am alone. When I remember the times when she used to always be there for me, and quick to notice the void that she has left.

Not for the first time, I wish that my relationship with Atsuko was just as blithe and easy as my friendship with Haruna.

My eyes are still on my phone, when Haruna’s voice suddenly brings my attention back.

“Minami.” she says, my name that usually only Atsuko calls me, as if it was only reserved for her.

I’ve noticed before that Haruna had started using my proper name but I chose to ignore it. I thought it was probably just the slip of the tongue. However, as the times passed, and the more frequent Haruna addressed me in such a way, I’ve grown fond of it. Now, it I think it is stranger when she calls me ‘Takamina’, rather than ‘Minami’.

When I glance up, I see Haruna staring at Yuko, her girlfriend. I wonder what this feeling that bubbles in my chest is.

“Yeah?”

“I don’t want to go home.” she continues.

I look at the blank phone.

I answer. “Me either.”

The afternoon came and went and before long, it was late evening. After an enjoyable day out with Minami, walking by the river, clothes shopping, having later lunch, it was all too much fun. However, all good things have to come to an end, so after bidding farewell, I entered a taxi to get home. Even if I didn’t want to, if I am going to overcome this issue in our relationship, I am going to have to face Yuko some time. Especially since I made the decision myself to give her another chance, even if it was extremely difficult.

When I open the door, I immediately see Yuko sitting at the kitchen counter top, her profile still as defined as beautiful as ever. She turns to me and I almost gasp when I see her face. Dark rings circle underneath her eyes, as if she hadn’t slept for days, and red lines run map her eyes, as if she had cried for hours.

“Haruna. We need to talk.” she croaks. “Please.”

Yuko speaks to me so gently, as if she were touching something fragile, as if I would break. However, I wasn’t someone who would crack that easily. How can you break something that’s already been shattered? Yet, it seemed like she was the one that was going to collapse, so at least I should hear her out. At least I owe her that.

I lean against the back of the sofa in front of Yuko while she sits on the counter chair, her back straight and her trembling hands in her lap. I wonder what is it she going to say. She takes a deep breath, like someone who was just about to blow a secret. What else could Yuko have possibly kept from me?

“Today, after rehearsals, I went to the drama set.”

I nod, knowing this.

“And there, while I was getting ready...”

I can tell she is quite distraught and I wonder what happened. I hope she didn’t get hurt. Instinctively, I reach out my hand and place it on Yuko’s. I feel her familiar and comforting warmth, her smooth skin, as well as the slight tremors of nervousness run through me. What on earth happened?

Yuko breathes again but this time it looks like she’s calmed down.

“I was getting ready in my changing room and Hayami…”

As soon as Hayami’s name is mentioned, my ears perk by themselves. I gaze at Yuko with sudden intensity, concentration replacing the initial concern. She gulped and I could feel the pressure between us.

“He came in my room and… grabbed me and-”

I immediately draw my hand back as if I had been burnt. I feel my face contort with disbelief and disgust. I feel myself retreat, shaking my head, unable to accept this reality.

“You’re telling me he touched you again?” I exclaim.

Pure rage fills me to the brim. My patience has snapped. This is unbelievable. Outrageous. I actually can’t believe it. How could this happen?

“You let him do it again?”

How could she do this to me again? How can she let him touch her again? I thought Yuko told him she wasn’t interested. Did he not listen or did Yuko do something to invite him? He has no right to touch Yuko, but she has no right to allow his advances. I knew this would happen. I knew he wasn’t any good. But how can Yuko… I just can’t.

It looks like she is about to retort but I don’t let her. I don’t want her to continue. I’ve had enough of it. Her words only cause me hurt and I’ve taken enough hits.

“Do you know how I feel?” I cry.

“Haruna please-”

“I can’t take this anymore.”

“Just listen-”

She reaches out to me but I snap back, retreating again.

“Every time I imagine that guy kissing you, I feel sick to my stomach, so much that sometimes I can’t even look at you.”

A hush falls and only the sounds of our rigid breathing can be heard. Incapable of words and frozen in place, I stare at Yuko with my tear-filled eyes and she stares back with a wide-blank gaze, one that is of shock and then finally, acceptance. I was wrong. A broken heart can be shattered twice. I was just stupid enough to try to fix it in the first place.

Yuko looks at me with those defeated eyes and I stare back with animosity.

“So what do you want to do?” she quietly asks.

“I don’t know.”

She takes a step forward and I feel myself shrink away. When I look up, I can see she’s hurt by it but Yuko has pained me more than everyone else who has, added all together.

“Didn’t you say that you still wanted to continue? Do you not love me anymore?” Yuko beseeches, her voice cracking desperately at the end, making me bite my lip with resistance. I just can’t look at her. “Tell me Haruna, is that it? You don’t love me?”

“I…”

I could never say that I don’t love Yuko. But how can I turn this hate that I feel into love? There is no way I can just set it aside. I was a fool for doing it once already. How can I do it again? I’ve lost too much strength to fight anymore.

So, to answer Yuko’s question, I just mutter:

“I don’t know.”

I watched as Haruna entered the taxi and quickly disappeared from my sight. We had a wonderfully fun day together, while everyone around us rushed around, we slowly enjoyed each other’s company as if we were the only people. But all good things come to an end. I knew I had to return home at some time, and that time was now. Dreading the upcoming silent dinner, I wondered if I should just eat now before returning home. However, I know that we have to jump over this hurdle and finally have the talk that is much needed. How was I going to express how I feel when I’m not even willing to sit at the same table as my girlfriend? So, getting into my own taxi, I head to our apartment.

As I stare out of the window, my eyes glazing over the blurred outside, looking but not thinking about the darkness lit by the many colourful lights, I think about when I first knew I liked Atsuko far more than just a friend.
When I first knew I was in love with Atsuko, it was when I easily became jealous. I envied the morning sun, who was the first to see Atsuko and the glass of orange glass, who got to kiss her sleepy lips awake. Fire burned within my chest when I saw her touch others and she allowed others to touch her. I felt possessive and it scared me. It was a quality that I didn’t want to have and Atsuko was the one who created it. I blamed her for making me feel that way; even though it these emotions were probably already buried beneath my heart and she had only catalysed the effects. Even so, Atsuko was mine, and mine alone. When it was time, I realised I was not the only one that was jealous. I was Atsuko’s possession and I revelled in being hers alone.

Suddenly I realise, a eureka moment, that that was it. Atsuko was jealous. And I was too blind to notice it.
I realise that she wasn’t frustrated that I cared for others, or that I invited Haruna to the dinner, it was the fact that she wanted me to herself. Like when Atsuko invites me to dinner parties with her cast-mates, I accept but I hide the fact that I want to decline for the both of us so only Atsuko’s attention is focussed on only me. I desired what she wanted. Some may think that possession is something that is dangerous and degrading but they are the ones that don’t know what it means to be oneself because of the other’s existence. How knowing that you belong to someone else, that they depend and carry you, can lift your own esteem. How belonging to someone can emphasise your very own entity, solidify your existence. Even when you leave, you know you can return and they will be the beacon that safely guides you home. That’s how I feel when I’m with Atsuko and what I think she feels about me.

And I’ve neglected her. After so much time of comfort, I forgot about this scorching feeling. How could I be this foolish?

I have to tell her. I have to let Atsuko know that she is the one I truly care for and no one else can ever compare.

When arrive home, I open the door, anticipation in my heart. However, instead of the light I expected, there is a darkness from neglect. Atsuko hasn’t come home yet. I check my phone and my insides jump. I see one new message. It’s from Atsuko. I quickly click to open it.

I won’t be coming home until late. Having a meal with Mizuki. Have dinner without me.
Atsuko

A pang of pain resonates in my chest.
Mizuki? Wasn’t she Atsuko’s colleague? I remember seeing her in some episodes of Atsuko’s drama. She was Atsuko’s love-interest’s sister. Why was she having dinner with her? With someone I’ve never met?

Fiery envy quickly reels its ugly head and sudden bitterness envelops me. She would rather spend time with this Mizuki, rather than me? Just as quickly as the jealousy developed, sadness wraps around it, created a despairing swirl inside my body. In a flash, I am about to call Atsuko to rant, but then I stop. Was it really just me that felt this selfish attribute? Did I rely on Atsuko feeling the same way far too much? Did we truly understand each other?
As this doubt fed on me, my hand limply falls with defeat. I shouldn’t call her. Atsuko is still angry at me. I’ll wait until she comes home. At least then, I can explain everything.
Yes, that’s what I’ll do. I’ll sit on this very couch, which was my bed for the previous night, and wait with expectation. I hope Atsuko comes home soon.

A/N:
- I am expecting some heated comments from this chapter lol
- Love is patient, love is kind, etc. is from the quote by Corinthians
- When they talk about Takamina eating the spicy ramen, I’m talking about this moment

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:54:23 AM by melon-lover »

Offline cisda83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
Oh.. I miss your last update...

so I enjoyed reading this two updates instead...

AH... so Atsuko has very interesting past with Mizuki...

Both Minami and Atsuko are possessive over each other...

Why did Atsuko want to have dinner with Mizuki...?

I thought she broke and betrayed her friendship with Mizuki over her sister safety...

Would Mizuki take revenge on Atsuko?

Ah.. Poor Yuki for nearly being raped by Hayami-san...

Why did Haruna jealous over that....?

She should be concerned about Yuko safety than making Yuko even more sad...

What's going to happen next to Atsumina  and KojiYuu?

Can't wait to find out

Thank you for the update

:twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2013, 09:34:09 AM »
Did Atsuko and Mizuki make up with each other already or that was just an excuse? I smell cheating on the way.

Offline TakaminaBG

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
Someone will most definitely cheat.
The question is who is it gonna be?
It'd be better for them to just break up, before the cheating happens.
Minami is lonely and Atsuko is jealous over Haruna, while Haruna doesn't know whether she still loves Yuko or not, and Yuko has Hayami who keeps messing up her relationship with Haruna.
If they don't clear things up it will be over for both of the relationships!

Offline ptrd3009

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
pity yuko
haruna if you don't love yuko anymore so let's break up
and realize your love to minami then

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - I My Me Mine