JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Dada La

Author Topic: Nocturne [13/02 - Epilogue (END)]  (Read 112475 times)

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: Nocturne [File #06]
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2008, 08:14:12 PM »
"Damnit Lovely, stop stealing my car keys!"
:on lol: That actually made me laugh quite a bit. Ooo... Interesting insight into Ai's family. And if it's a set up for the next event...well then, I can't wait for it. ^^

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2008, 09:07:17 PM »
Wow, interesting family we've got here. :lol: I'm quite curious to see what Ai-chan has up her evil little sleeves for this next victim. :grin: Aww, Yuuka~~~~ :inlove: Gah, I'm so jealous of that kid. I mean, she started out as just an Egg that only a few ppl knew and then High-King and now, she's all known by ppl and stuff. *wishes I was Yuuka*
What a difference in moods!! I'm not too traumatized.... :lol:

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
wow, getting better and better every chappiie~ <3

new characters~ yay~

wat a cute "family", even people as mad as they are laugh XD haha. i just find it real cute~  XD

just a little background on what Ai has been up to.   :lol:  need moar moar moar~ :]

Offline rainer

• Min <3
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2008, 07:14:29 AM »
Ah. Am new to fanfics in this forum.  :D
Just read your story not long ago & I need more!
Your story is just too addicting.  :w00t:

I love how you write about Ai-chan, btw.  XD

TanaKameiShige. IshiYoshi. <3

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2008, 07:22:13 AM »
May I offer a live target for the firing range? It would be the b*&^# who decided to back into my car, leave with no note, and then comes forward after we ratted her out. B%^&* :angry: :angry: :tama-mad:

Do your evil stuff, Ai-chan!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2008, 07:27:35 AM »
"You're 21, not 12, so stop that." The sharply dressed man in a business suit raised one eyebrow at her, but Ai only stuck her tongue out at him.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with acting like a 12 yr old every now and then!

How Takeda treats Ai-chan seems sooooooooooo familiar. I just wonder who acts like that tho.. hmm. probably some freakishly tall manlady I know of. XP

Yuukaaaaarin kawaiiiiiiii! Quick! On with the next chapter!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 08:12:45 AM »
File #05

How many times had it been already? She had lost count after the 6th time. Or was it 7th?
Yowza...
:dizzy:

Empty. The room was empty. She was alone.
Shit. Aichan left her this time? :O

There was something on the table. A scrap of pure white, something that had not been there. Should not have been there. Risa didn't have a habit of leaving things around.

Mechanically, she reached out it. It was a note. With some very familiar handwriting on it.

Borrowed that Korean drama DVD boxset you had. See you next time.

Ai
Geez, I know that in Aichan's position it's better for her to avoid getting emotionally attached, but THIS is ridiculous. It's almost like she no longer knows how to "feel".
[bgcolor=#000000]Or it could be that deep down, she DOES raburabu Risa, but all of the training and what not she's gone through since being adopted have caused her to bury those feelings deep within herself. It could be that they're so far deep that Aichan herself doesn't realize that she has them.[/bgcolor]

She wanted so much to be angry. To throw the blasted note as hard and far as she could. To rush into the bathroom and scrub the remnants of Ai's damnable touch from her skin. To cut off all ties with that unfeeling, heartless creature and never ever see or even hear about her again.
Yeah, but we all know that's not likely to happen.  :(

I hate you Ai. I hate you so much...because even after all this, I still love you.

And that was when Niigaki Risa, 19 years old and broken a second time, began to really cry.
:mon waterworks:

File #06

Hmmmmm...wonder why Takeda changed his name?

Probably to avoid getting linked to Aichan in the off-chance that she be captured and/or otherwise identified.

I just remembered how motivated you used to get when I said I would bring you to Disneyland if you succeeded. Guess I can't use the same bribe again..." He neatly dodged the flying pen aimed at his eye. Ai huffed indignantly.

"That was when I was 13! 8 years ago! Sheesh..." She folded her arms, leaning back in the chair as her forehead creased in deep thought.
WTF, she was already doing contract hits at 13!?!?!?! :o

He eyed her suspiciously. The pair locked gazes, and would likely have stayed like that for the next 15 minutes had not the doors opened slowly behind them, a hesitant head peeking from behind it.

"Um..." Even the voice was uncertain, as if ready to bolt. Ai broke her staring contest with Takeda immediately, spinning around with a genuine smile on her face as she greeted the intruder.

"How have you been, little one?" Taking the initiative easily, Ai strode over to the door and pulled the young girl into the room.

"Ai-neesama! I've been good!" Ai grinned and ruffled the girl's hair affectionately.

"You're getting taller, Yuukarin." Yuuka beamed at her adopted older sister and idol.
YUUKA?!?! :shocked:

Oh crap, don't tell me that she's getting "trained" to be like Aichan? :cry:

"Have you finished with your practice?" Takeda asked, taking on the stern role of teacher and trainer. Yuuka jumped and hid behind Ai, before replying in the affirmative with a certain amount of apprehension. Ai shook her head and patted Yuuka's shoulder comfortingly, the younger girl flushing cutely as Ai put a casual arm around her shoulders.

"I'll take her down to the firing range, would that be alright onii-chan?" Ai winked outrageously as Takeda spluttered. She only ever called him that to tease him, and only because she knew that Takeda wasn't used to her doing that, ever.
OSHIT THEY ARE TRAINING HER!!!
:mon wtf:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 07:21:14 PM »

OMFG!!

Ai-chan is Za PIMP in this fic  :pimp:

I like the fact she can the cold heart-est bi@tch but still be cool about it. No remorse whatsoever...yet XD

Poor Gaki-san :cry: ...Do not make suffer  :'(

Maeda Yuuka  XD...

"How have you been, little one?" Taking the initiative easily, Ai strode over to the door and pulled the young girl into the room.

"Ai-neesama! I've been good!" Ai grinned and ruffled the girl's hair affectionately.

"You're getting taller, Yuukarin." Yuuka beamed at her adopted older sister and idol.

Nice story  :cow:

:mon star: I'll be waiting for you update :mon geek:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [File #06]
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
Ok no comment replies this time, I'm in a rush. XD

I'll reply to all comments next chapter, gomen! This is kinda a short filler chapter in between. Oh and Fenrir, I'm considering doing an omake with your request. Lol.

Here. Story. Now.

===================================

File #06.5

"So, Yuukarin, has your shooting improved?"

Yuuka nodded eagerly. "Un! I can hit bull's eye from a hundred yards away!"

Ai ruffled Yuuka's hair affectionately again. "Regular targets, I presume?"

Yuuka turned wide, innocent eyes at her elder sister. "There are other targets?"

Ai studied her face. Still so young. But at her age, Ai was already out on the field. It was time the girl had a reality check. Shooting living things was way different from an inanimate target.

Flipping open her cellphone, Ai made a couple of calls while Yuuka waited patiently with her in the hallway. Less than a minute later, Ai hung up with a smile, turning back to her little sister.

"Let's go down to the range. Time to level your training up a little." Ai touched Yuuka's cheek fondly, a small smile playing on her lips as the younger girl promptly blushed.

"Before that though, tell me how many cameras you can find in this stretch of hallway." Ai was still smiling, but her lips barely moved as she spoke.

Yuuka blinked. Was she being tested? Not wanting to disappoint Ai though, she looked around discreetly, recalling the facts from her training.

One up in that shadowed angle of the ceiling...in the flower basket on the dresser...that portrait on the far side? Yuuka started to sweat a little as she felt Ai's gaze on her. She really wanted to make Ai proud of her.

"It's ok, relax. Don't panic. It messes with your focus." Ai tucked a stray strand of hair behind Yuuka's ear, still looking perfectly relaxed. Yuuka envied her poise, and struggled to calm herself, drawing on the quiet strength emanating from her senior.

"Five." Yuuka spoke up after a moment. "And there's a motion sensor in that lamp over there."

"Good girl." Ai patted her shoulder approvingly. She rapped on the mirror behind them, her knuckles impacting sharply with a dull thud. Yuuka blinked and suddenly turned red. She had missed that one entirely.

"It's alright, this one's difficult to catch. Just be wary of mirrors in the future." Ai gave Yuuka a little shove to make her move ahead of her, the younger girl looking surprised at the action.

"I'll meet you down at the range. Make your way down without being spotted on the cameras or activating any traps. I'll give you a 10 minute headstart." Ai winked as Yuuka paled.

"...traps?" She eeped, turning back to look at the suddenly very long hallway. Ai called out from behind her.

"Oh, if you are more than 5 minutes later than me, there's punishment~"

Yuuka gulped. Ai's punishments were always very...creative. Suddenly, she felt very motivated.

"Time starts...now."

~*~*~

Ai was sipping her tea when Yuuka stumbled in. Battered, singed, and looking like she had just run a marathon, she managed to make it to where Ai was seated before collapsing.

Fortunately, Ai caught her before she hit something vital, somehow managing to balance both tea and sister without spilling a single thing. Setting her tea aside, she pulled an exhausted Yuuka onto her lap, stroking her hair comfortingly. Yuuka whimpered and snuggled closer into Ai's embrace, mumbling something.

"...am I...late..?" Ai tossed a glance at the clock. 5:43 minutes. Looking down at the worn out Yuuka in her arms, Ai smiled.

"No." She kissed her sister's forehead fondly. "You did very well."

"Mmkay. Yuuka is happy. Wants oneesama to be proud of me." The girl already had her eyes closed, her breathing evening out. Ai petted her unconscious little sister affectionately, silently allowing her to rest. It was still early afternoon, she could afford to give the girl an hour off to nap.

Carefully picking a sleeping Yuuka up, Ai carried her over to a nearby couch, shrugging off her own jacket to cover her. Yuuka looked very young, younger than she already was, sleeping like an angel without any defenses. Watching her for a few moments, Ai turned away and picked up her files, intent on continuing her work.

"You're next, cutie." Ai smirked as she traced a finger around the profile picture. She did not find it at all ironic that while she had that evil smirk on, she still had Yuuka's head resting in her lap, often absently running a hand through the younger girl's hair.

Yuuka slept on, oblivious to her surroundings. Her beloved Oneesama was there; she would be safe. She would not be hurt.

Too bad Ai never extended the same consideration to the world in general.

=============================================================

Just a mini interlude with Ai/Yuuka interaction. Aren't they adorable? XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline H2Overdose

Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [File #06.5]
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »
Been lurking around for so long and this is my first time posting in this forum, so here goes nothing.  :)

I really really enjoy your fics. I spent 1 week reading AA. And this story is just  :wub:. Ai-chan is badass!  :pimp: So awesome!

The Ai/Yuuka interlude is so cute! Hard to believe that we're the same age. Heck, I'm even older by a couple of months and we look.... worlds apart.

I feel so bad for Gaki-san.  :cry:

Anyway, I love your fics and can't wait for the next chapter!

-goes back to lurking-

Oh! And congrats for Fic of the Month. :D

I boosted  the Singaporean headcount.  :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:29:54 PM by H2Overdose »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »
Awwwwwwwww...Aichan is so doting on Yuuka, who is ridiculously cute in her own right. :wub:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2008, 02:06:32 AM »
This long hallway avoiding traps made me think of the Resident Evil movie where instead of seeing how far she can get before being killed by the traps, it's will Yuuka make it before Ai's punishment sets in.  :twisted:

It's amazing how Ai can change from evil cruel to adorably cute. It's like a switch that goes on and off in her head!

Ooh, omakes... I love omakes!  :D

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2008, 02:27:47 AM »
Damn, Ai-chan's still a softie~~ :wub: Too bad she isn't with Gaki though. :( Yes, I'm still hung up about that. But this was ALMOST enough to make me forgive her. ALMOST!!! :lol: Demo, nanka, chotto tarinai ne~ :lol:

OMAKE!!!! I want OMAKE!!!! :lol:

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2008, 05:27:54 AM »
*blows up from cuteness overload* Yuuka/Ai more plz O_O............ Ai just loves her lil yuuka and so do I  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2008, 07:28:16 AM »
"You're 21, not 12, so stop that." The sharply dressed man in a business suit raised one eyebrow at her, but Ai only stuck her tongue out at him.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with acting like a 12 yr old every now and then!

How Takeda treats Ai-chan seems sooooooooooo familiar. I just wonder who acts like that tho.. hmm. probably some freakishly tall manlady I know of. XP

I'm lost. Who?? What???

Been lurking around for so long and this is my first time posting in this forum, so here goes nothing.  :)

And another one is lured out of the comfortable shadows. We should give you an award for de-lurking lurkers Essy :P

Oh and are you still up for putting your reputation on the line? Cus your Yuuka effect ain't working on me yet, Not one bit :grin:

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »
^ den den deeeeeeeennn
this is just the beginning my dear hammy mommy.

Yuuuukaaaa soooo cuteeeeee! YuukaaaaaaaAiiii sooo cuterererererrrrrrrr

excuse me for my lousy english

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2008, 06:37:10 AM »
AWWWWWWW. :wub: That little half chapter really got to me. Ai-chan does have a soft side after all... But I suppose it's all hidden away once she steps out, huh?  :(

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
Okie okie, let's reply to last chapter's comments too~

writerjunkie: I'm glad you like this kind of crack fic. Yeah I know it's really entertaining, both reading and writing. XD Hope to see you around often~ ;)

Maimi_Yajima: Oh, I don't know Spanish, but thanks for the help. ^_^ Yeah, Ai-chan is a mystery here. I'm glad you're giving my story a try though, thanks. ^_^

poets: My poe-chan <3 I'm glad I'm pleasing you so far. ;) About that car, you're gonna have to wait. =P Just be happy with what I give you~ XD

SxY: I like that line too! Ai does have a dysfunctional family, doesn't she? XD Hehe.

Ichigo-chan: I want to be Yuuka too if it means I can get Ai to dote on me. Lol. Yup, its an interesting family dynamic they have going on there. I can always switch moods easily, there's a switch somewhere inside my head lol. =P

ringo-hime: Everyone can laugh, especially when they're mad. It helps keep them balanced. =D

rainer: Ah hi! Glad to have you! Always good to have lurkers delurk. I'm honored to have your first post. ^_^ I love Ai-chan too~ XD

Fenrir: Here comes that omake, just for you. XD

stefy: OI who are you talking about?! But I agree, Yuuka is kawaii. XD ok ok...but go write that story right now! you know which one! XD

JFC: Epic comment again. XD Ai-chan has her reasons for the things she does. Yup, Yuuka's next in line. hehe. I ish evil. =P

Yankii Heart: Yup, Ai's hawt when she's being cold-hearted. Sorry, but Gaki's not gonna have a fun time here. Hehe. Yuuka's kawaii. Glad you liked my story! See you around the thread. ;)

And now for the latest half-chapter's comments...

H2Overdose: I like you nickname. It's cute. XD Do you like the drink too? -lame- XD Badass Ai-chan rocks, yes. Thanks for the congratulations! ^_^ OH AND NO MORE LURKING DAMNIT. XD yay for the Singaporean revolution~

JFC: Yessssssssss, Yuuka is cute on her own. Add Ai and the cuteness goes into overload. LOL. XD

Fenrir: You watched Resident Evil too? Yeah it does feel like that doesn't it? Yup, omake omake~ XD

Ichigo-chan: Too bad, I'm not gonna be good to TakaGaki here. Sumimasen ne? One omake coming up!

poets: Don't blow up, only I can do that to you. XD But here's more Yuuka/Ai. Just. For. You. <3

lil_hamz: oi hammy, slow sia you. Haha. YOU WILL FALL TO THE YUUKA EFFECT EVENTUALLY. Join the dark side, sister. Or should that be mommy. :P

stefy: Yes they aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. So cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

SxY: Yup, she does have a soft side. But then...who is really sure? =P But anyways, enjoy it while you can. Hehe.

Alright, that took a while. ~.~ A certain someone was totally distracting me. Blame her! >.> you know who you are. :lol: One omake coming up!

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [Omake #1]
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »
Omake #1

"It's really very easy. Take aim, and pull the trigger." Ai smiled. "You've done it many times before."

"But...but this is alive!" Yuuka protested, eyes wide as she looked down at the bound and gagged person writhing futilely on the floor.

Ai kicked the helpless victim in the stomach when she managed to wriggle too close to her, but her attention was fixated on Yuuka.

"That's part of the job, Yuukarin. We deliver the guest of honors to funerals. They sort of have to be alive before we do our job." Ai explained patiently, placing a comforting hand on a trembling Yuuka's shoulder.

"But, but...this person isn't a job! This is just some random person...!" Yuuka stammered, gun hand shaking. Ai shook her head.

"It's a job. A favor to a friend, really." Ai casually ground her boot in the captive's face when the woman appeared to be yelling something at her, muffled by the gag. Her face was a cool mask of apathy, her tone clinical.

"Listen Yuukarin, we don't ask questions about who the person is or what they've done, we just get rid of them." Her expression grew more serious. "Assassins don't always get more than one chance, so you can't hesitate."

Yuuka continued to hesitate, her brows drawn together into a worried frown. Ai placed another hand over her gun hand, her smile becoming gentle.

"It's always difficult the first time. But I'm here for you. It will be alright." Ai spoke soothingly, wrapping Yuuka into a half-hug with her free arm.

"If it makes you feel better, this person's a road hog. Backed into my friend's car and didn't even leave a note to apologize. Since we needed a live target, might as well do a favor to a friend." Ai winked and kissed Yuuka's temple encouragingly.

"You can do it. I trust you." Yuuka turned trusting eyes on Ai. Looked at her kind eyes, the confidence, the assurance. If she had any doubts, all she had to do was look at her Oneesama's mesmerizing eyes and feel her insecurities disappear.

I love you, Oneesama. I'll do anything for you.

She pulled the trigger.

=================================================

This didn't actually happen in story continuity, but whatever. XD Here, Fenrir. Feel better? XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Yankii Heart

• Member+
  • *New Eyes*
Re: Fic of the Month // Nocturne [Omake #1]
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »

OH MY GOD :mon wtf:

Ai  :mon curtain:

"You can do it. I trust you." Yuuka turned trusting eyes on Ai. Looked at her kind eyes, the confidence, the assurance. If she had any doubts, all she had to do was look at her Oneesama's mesmerizing eyes and feel her insecurities disappear.

I love you, Oneesama. I'll do anything for you.

:imdead:

Nice omake...eventhough omakes are suppose to be funny (blame it all on anime and manga), but still it was awesome.

What I like about your writting is that you are skillful with words... 8)

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ladies` Code - Dada La