JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Starboard - Urge

Author Topic: (Artist) PSY (싸이)  (Read 50243 times)

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) PSY (싸이)
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »
PSY performed with The Wanted at the MTV Video Music Award's pre-party! His sudden world-wide success is so WILD, it just makes me feel happy  :D

(EDIT: Immediately after I posted this, Psy appears on my TV!!!! XD TMZ was talking about him, the dance and about Tom Cruise's tweet about Gangnam Style! Weeee~ So excited to see PSY on american TV  :twothumbs)

!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fam_GCa7JS4&feature=player_embedded#at=17

Also, here's PSY as a presenter at the VMA's alongside Kevin Hart (no idea who that is). But they do the dance! XD  Man, I hope people don't get tired of it fast lol

Kevin Hart: "Psy dude, you have over 100 million views on YouTube now ... tell me how does that feel"
Psy translation: "I'm feeling awesome, happy, and I wanted to speak korean on stage for once" then in English he said "You know what I'm talking about Kevin"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:50:23 AM by Rei-chan »

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
How do you not know Kevin Hart? He's a comedian and actor known for being really really short. I got him mixed up with Chris Tucker at first cuz they have that high pitched voice. :P

Anyway, I got to see that PSY and Kevin clip on TV during the rerun of the VMAs, so happy to see the attention and success it's brought him. I just hope America doesn't treat him like a novelty and expect him to make "Funny Asian" stuff all the time.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 02:35:32 AM »
^ Exactly! I hope he truly gets to realize all his dreams of musical success and achieve what no one else in Korea had!!!  :heart:

Check out this adorable interview of PSY at the VMA's!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/833144/gangnam-style-star-psy-cannot-believe-that-he-just-appeared-on-the-mtv-video-music-awards.jhtml#id=1692982

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 07:09:54 AM »
And it continues! Here's PSY on the Ellen Degeneres show teaching the horse dance to her and Britney Spears! XD

!

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 11:38:52 PM »
"Dress classy, dance cheesy." oooh yeah  8)

Here's another clip from Ellen...Sophia Grace & her cousin Rosie (discovered from youtube for doing a Nicki Minaj cover) asked PSY to do the "pony" dance at 0:42 XD

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 01:53:36 AM »
Looks like PSY is gonna perform at Rockefeller Plaza this Friday morning.

http://ilovefreeconcerts.com/psy-free-new-york-city-concert/

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 02:05:56 AM »
I remember a while ago fans tried to get DBSK (and then another Kpop act) to appear on Ellen. Glad to see PSY got the first honor.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 02:25:02 AM »
^I know right? I expected the Wonder Girls to be on Ellen, since they've been on Wendy Williams and So You Think You Can Dance. Seeing that Ellen loves to dance and all I'm sure she would've gotten a kick out of the "Nobody" dance.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
Back from the TODAY show taping (as well as 5 hours sitting ouside Rockefeller Plaza). The free concert was great despite not being able to see the stage beyond my camera's LCD screen. The best part of the morning? Shaking PSY's hand after he performed the first time.  :twothumbs

Will post some pics that I've managed to take later....after I take a long deserved nap.  :sleep:

If anyone has a recording of the show, let me know if I show up. (Look for somebody wearing a  :hipheart:  cap; probably near some signs; or nearby somebody wearing a pink wig.)

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »
Whoa I could've sworn I had posted this already  :O  Guess I didn't XD  Here's the recording of the Today Show performance:

The audience goes wild!! I love that they're loving it~  :twothumbs

You're so lucky Hart!! Being able to go to all these events, so much fun!  :jphip:

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

The audience participation was awesome despite that it was mostly made up of Asians/Koreans. And seeing some ahjummas in audience shows how diverse the age range is. There's even some PSY cosplayers too. XD

And this morning, I decided to turn on my car radio after a loooong time (cuz it hasn't been working) and the first song that came on was, you guessed it.  :twothumbs Although I cringed when the radio hosts pronounced it wrong with the harsh English "a" vowel instead of gAHngnAHm. I mean why can't they just pronounced it the way PSY did, might as well say "condom" or "gundam" at least you'll be close. :P

Looks like Grace's subscribers finally "ganged" up on her to do the dance for her "How to" Thursday video. I love her names for the moves. If you can't follow them, then you're just not meant to dance. :P

Edit:
Found this parody from Dragoncon that happened a few weeks ago. I was trying to see if my cousin was spotted in it. He's some buff Filipino guy dressed as Spartacus. LoL

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:47:30 PM by DO Me DO Me »

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 01:22:53 AM »
LOL!!!! She's hilarious!! I love the restless leg syndrome part XDDD  I also love that everyone simply sees it as a "horse riding dance" but she sees in it the whole story of being bored in a party looking at the watch and showing off in rock band XD!!!

EDIT: Just watched the Dragoncon parody. It looks SO fun!!! I'll keep dreaming of the day when someone I know decides to make one too XD  Maybe they'll make one at AWA!  :grin:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:54:30 AM by Rei-chan »

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 01:38:11 AM »
Yep, saw me in that performance, holding my camera right next to the girl wearing a hanbok. (Around 2:59 mark)

Wait....that's from the encore performance, right after a few people left the first time.  :?

Oh well.  :bigdeal:

Gonna start editing and uploading pics now.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 02:06:29 AM »
This is another "parody" allegedly posted by Scooter Braun, Justin Bieber's discoverer and with whom PSY has signed contract. Unfortunately, except for the synchro swimming part in the beginning and PSY himself being in the video, it is actually the lamest "parody" I've seen so far XD

!

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 02:14:39 AM »
Funny how I was able to watch this performance but I can't even work up the nerve to see SNSD's David Letterman performance. :lol:

Get it PSY.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:26:20 AM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »
Here are the pics. Enjoy!!

Around 4 in the morning:

Before 6 am:

Rehearsal:

Before the First Performance:

After shaking his hand:

Some misc. stuff (including Al Roker and....J.J. Abrams  :huhuh):

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2012, 04:31:12 AM »

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2012, 04:53:01 AM »
Nice pics Hart  :thumbsup But dang, 4am? You were out that early? What time was the actual performance?

Funny how I was able to watch this performance but I can't even work up the nerve to see SNSD's David Letterman performance. :lol:

Get it PSY.
Ouch XD But totally understandable. SNSD's attempt in the US market was all kinds of awkward and quickly forgotten.

EDIT: Just watched the Dragoncon parody. It looks SO fun!!! I'll keep dreaming of the day when someone I know decides to make one too XD  Maybe they'll make one at AWA!  :grin:
I'm sure there will be one at AWA. Not sure if I still plan to go. My sisters wanted me to come over this weekend (they're 3 hours away) to shoot their version of the dance but I've been working weekends since I got my new job so that sucks.  :cry:

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2012, 05:03:59 AM »
^ I was in the city since 6pm Thursday evening. Sold some DVDs, ate at Chipotle, watched The Dark Knight Rises at 9pm, walked around a bit (a total of 40+ blocks), arrived at Rockefeller Plaza at around 1:30am, read the first 100 pages of A Storm of Swords while waiting, moved into the plaza before 6am, stood there until a quarter after 9. Both performances I believe happened at 8-8:30 and then around 9am. The first rehearsal was between 6am and 7am.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I believe there were two lines, 1 for those who had fan passes/VIP passes, and another for everyone else waiting outside. I was lucky to get there before the line got too long or I would have been way back in the crowd.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:20:57 AM by HartAKL85 »

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Starboard - Urge