JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Kokoro Knife

Author Topic: [Discuss] Matsuura Aya - Studio Live  (Read 4129 times)

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
[Discuss] Matsuura Aya - Studio Live
« on: April 04, 2006, 07:32:21 AM »
Ok, this is a new concept thing from UFW I guess. I can't help feeling that UFW is using Aya to test water. And after watching it, my verdict is, GOOD!! The presence of a Live Band really did the trick for me. I have always wish that H!P concerts can feature a Live Band instead of playing those Damn Karaoke...but UFW is too cheap and henceforth we are stuck with the karaoke tracks. Some comments on the performances. I think Aya's vocals has really gone down the hill (too many concerts, really put a strain on her vocals T_T) and this is showing in the dvd, and also she is probably not at her best that day. Nevertheless, it is still an enjoyable performance. My only complaint is that it is TOO SHORT..I want more SONGs. T_T 3 songs only is like a teaser. -_- LOL

I really hope to see other H!P artists release something similar...Perhaps, gocchin can be the next one to release one. ^^ And also eventually, ufw might gear towards having a live band at concerts as oppose to playing karaoke tracks. And that we will eventually get unplug/acoustic concerts from H!P (my dream at the moment). I need to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed  the acapella performances from the last 2 H!PP concerts. GJ.

I have put up the peformances, you can get it at the AH.
http://forum.jphip.com/viewtopic.php?p=96189#96189

Buy it here:
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-videos/pid-1004143851/
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EPBE-5197

Do come back and voice your thoughts. ^^
Gocchin.com

"私は、はっきりいって、冷めてないよ。クールでもないよ。セクシーでもないよ。子供なんだよ。" 後藤真希

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: [Discuss] Matsuura Aya - Studio Live
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 07:52:48 AM »
Quote from: romi
3 songs only is like a teaser. -_- LOL

LOL, yeah.  There was a 100mb wmv of those 3 songs and a small talk part on Hello! Tracker 2 weeks ago.  As it was a week before the DVD release I assumed it was just a teaser.  The actual DVD is only 3 songs!?!????  You're shittin' me!  That's a bit poor, I was expecting it to be an hour or something.

Anyway, they're nice songs, nice arrangements.  I wish they did more performances with a live band.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:25:57 AM »
I only saw the WMV rip, but I love it. And you too, for ripping it. :heart:

Anyways, I thought she did pretty well with the live band. NAMIDA was made a little less boring with the band, Love Namidairo was fucking awesome, and Watarasebashi was nice and mellow. Ayaya shines when there's no loud backing music drowning out the nuances in her voice. It would have been nice to have a few more tracks, but it's a good start.

It's definitely a concept that I would love for UFW to explore. We already saw how awesome Furusato was with piano accompaniment, so maybe UFW is looking for ways to change some things. Some H!P songs definitely suit a band, and I think vocal quality would be put into the spotlight with live bands. Which would be a double-edged sword, I suppose. I'm sure the soloists can handle it, and I'm looking forward to more of this.

Let's hope UFW does too.

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 11:05:27 AM »
As a side note, it's a pleasant surprise to know Ayaya's concert tour does have some songs performed with a live band too. Way to go, Ayaya!!!

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:35 AM »
Quote from: Redturtle
As a side note, it's a pleasant surprise to know Ayaya's concert tour does have some songs performed with a live band too. Way to go, Ayaya!!!

Not really a live band, the piano violins are live. ^^
But yeah , that is an improvement.

And also I just remember, all the casual dinner shows so far
have a live band...and that is AWESOME.
Gocchin.com

"私は、はっきりいって、冷めてないよ。クールでもないよ。セクシーでもないよ。子供なんだよ。" 後藤真希

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 12:18:05 PM »
i only watched the watarasebashi, and it was very nice. i like the live band, h!p needs to do it more often.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline aznkid.com

• FREE AIBON
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 04:20:54 PM »
i have the DVD and i wasn't THAT impressed by it.. and keep in mind ayaya is my favourite H!P member.. i usually love acoustic/unplugged versions of songs.. but this one didn't seem to do the trick..

anyways, yes the live band is definitely refreshing.. it's something they should introduce to the smaller concerts (i.e. aya's solo concert in 05 could've benefited)

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 08:07:13 AM »
It was really refreshing to see Ayaya performing with a live band. Watarasebashi was sooo niice and NAMIDA actually started to grow on me. Iwould like to see more of these kind of performances from H!P members

Offline jimmy

• I'm not a cat
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:53 PM »
I liked and think they should do it more often. Aya was on a tv show last year I think where she performed a bunch of her songs with a jazz band and that was even better. The performances weren't like the cd versions but they pretty interesting. I'm sure some of the H!P girls would sound awful though singing in live and solo like that, so maybe wouldn't be a good idea for all of the groups to do it.

Offline aznkid.com

• FREE AIBON
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 07:51:27 PM »
^^^ i have a rip of all her jazz audio performances.. i'm at work now so i don't remember what the album name is called..

Offline ohbahsan

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »
i really like these performance, even though i'm really not a fan of these acoustic concerts.  she sounds great and the band is appropriately understated.

i now need to go buy the dvd hehe.

Offline linlin

• major dysthymic
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 02:07:59 PM »
her voice doesnt sound like it's at it's best. i watched her sing Dokkidoki! LOVE Mail in .. Yume Ong.. something.. i dont really remember... and i like that one a lot better..

Offline kupito

• ecchi
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 09:02:51 PM »
Quote from: AzNKiD
^^^ i have a rip of all her jazz audio performances.. ..

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  *Hits floor* I LOVE the Jazz band performances! Her vocals are amazing. Would you mind (or if someone else has them) uploading the audio files.  :halo: I had the video a while back, but have somehow lost the files. :cry:  *sigh* I wish she would do jazz more often.

~Thanks in advance for your help ^-^

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nice Marbles - Kokoro Knife