JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tip Taps Tip

Author Topic: (Group) Pla2me/POP/Gang Parade  (Read 7295 times)

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
(Group) Pla2me/POP/Gang Parade
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:52:52 PM »
Pla2me was formed by ex-BiS member Kamiya Saki and Mizuta Mari who had previously been active as the solo "cat idol" Izukoneko. The group was announced at the end of BiS' breakup live at Yokohama Arena on July 8, 2014.

Pla2me released their first single "Plastic 2 Mercy" on September 30, 2014. There was originally a live video released for the song from their performance at Tokyo Idol Festival 2014 but, it was later removed. Maybe it was because Saki and Mari ran into the audience at Smile Garden during the middle of the song?

Their second single "UNIT" was released on January 6, 2015

Saki and Mari are good friends but, it wasn't enough to keep them together. Mari announced her intentions to leave the group on April 1, 2015 and had her final live with Pla2me on May 31st.

Shortly after Mari's last live, Pla2me changed their name to POP (read as "P-O-P"), which is short for Period of Plastic 2 Mercy and introduced their 4 new members in a way very similar to how the members of BiSH had been introduced. Although POP kept and rearranged several of the songs previously done by Pla2me to fit the new 5 person lineup, their look was very different! They would perform in sauna suits and track suits, which was pretty crazy considering that the new formation began performing just as summer was starting.

POP released their first album "P.O.P" on August 4, 2015 which included rerecorded versions of "Plastic 2 Mercy" and "UNIT" and the lead track was "pretty pretty good", which features some choreography that looks a lot like the one from the BiS classic song "nerve".

Saki was placed on indefinite hiatus after their one-man live at Daikanyama UNIT due to disciplinary reasons. Many have said it was due to something that caused them to be removed from the 2nd day of TIF 2015. Whatever the reason was, it is not shown in the video from their performance at the Sky Stage.

They released their 1st single as POP "Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky" on December 8, 2015. This was days after Kamiya Saki returned to the group after completing a 100km marathon from Fuji-Q Highland to Shimokitazawa Shelter in less than 24 hours. She got to the venue around 9 in the morning and the live started around 11:30am. She and the rest of POP then did release events for the single from December 6th until December 13th as well as appearing at BILLIE IDLE® presents Brand-new Idle Society on December 12th with the other groups that the 6 final members of BiS are currently in.

"Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky" brought another style change with the introduction of idoly outfits with different colors for each member.

POP's 2nd single is titled "QUEEN OF POP" and will be released on March 15, 2016.

POP website: http://www.pop2m.com/
POP Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.c...dofplastc2mercy

(Mostly copy-pasted from a thread I made on H!O) Pictures to come soon.

Members

Kamiya Saki (ex-BiS) (blue)
https://twitter.com/kamiyasaki_POP

Yamamachi Miki (green)
https://twitter.com/mikimiki_POP

Yumeno Yua (pink)
https://twitter.com/yua_POP

Kyan Maika (orange) - Joined October 2, 2016
https://twitter.com/maika_GANG

Former Members

Inukai Maaya (yellow) - Left on October 1, 2016
https://twitter.com/maaya_POP

Shigusawa Ao (white) - Left on August 7, 2016
https://twitter.com/aooo_pop

Mizuta Mari (red) - Original member. Left on May 31, 2016
https://twitter.com/mizutamari_2
(ex-Izukoneko) Currently active as a soloist, member of mtopi, and Natsu no Mamono (Kendo chan)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:01:05 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: (Group) Pla2me/POP
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 07:49:37 AM »
Nice thread. I liked Pla2me. I am not sure of POP now anymore, after seeing the recent MV which is so contrary to their style they displayed before.
Have you seen Mizuta Mari btw? I think her solo endeavours are much more in the line of Pla2me. And she has that great red coloured hair nowadays :heart: Mari though said, that right now she is without agency. Maybe Tsutome can supply addiditional facts here.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 09:34:52 PM »
you would have more info to share if u had went to talk with her...  :P

off-topic: what is the deal with these dozen new threads created in a short time span? some kind of competition I'm unaware?  :huhuh

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:16:29 AM »
I just figured it was time for a POP and Yurumerumo thread. I had nothing to do with the rest.

Having met Mari at the release events for Plastic 2 Mercy and UNIT, I was really disappointed when she left and that I hadn't gone to see them more often before she did. Mari is a great performer but she really shines at the tokutenkai in my opinion. She's super friendly and genki. I still need to go see her solo or with mtopi. Didn't help that in December she was performing at the same time as POP.

It took a while for me to get excited about the new members but maybe because of Saki's suspension, I did? Ao and Maaya are probably my second favorites after Saki. Maaya trying to speak English is adorable.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
I don't wanna turn this thread into a "Mari Mizuta official thread" but... hey, since there's no other place to talk about ther, let's do it here!  :lol:

yeah she is definitely one of the top solo idols out there. girl knows HOW to be an idol. she is not exceptional at anything (talent, looks...), really, but gives it all always (super enthusiastic, passionate, friendly...). I've been following her since the Izukoneko times but only recently went to talk with her. I'll probably never forgive myself for that. she could very well be my favorite idol by now, if I hadn't skipped her activities for so long... though I've always been trying to watch all her more important moments (last Izukoneko show, first POP show, etc). I'll never forget the day I first saw her in some small festival... still with that black cat dress... jumping and shouting like crazy, running on stage, handing high fives for everyone close and then, while climbing back, showing off her panties.  :lol:

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
I have no idea why, but their entire first album was uploaded to their official Soundcloud for people to listen to for free 5-6 months after its release . . .

https://soundcloud.com/periodofplastc2mercy

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
Having seen them again tonight, I can definitely say that they are awesome still! Saki-sama is superhuman but the other members are also amazing! Ao, Maaya, and Yua's expressions while performing! Miki's feeling of desperation when singing!

I figure until we decide to make a Izukoneko/Mizuta Mari thread, here is okay. She definitely mentioned being away from Kansai was one of the factors for her leaving Pla2me despite being good friends with Saki. I wasn't paying attention to her as Izukoneko but she really got me when she was in Pla2me. When I took a cheki with her for the "UNIT" release event, she wrapped her arm around mine. Made me regret not taking a cheki with her for the "Plastic 2 mercy" event, especially since it seemed like she had some input in planning the birthday surprise thing for Saki back then.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 05:36:04 PM »
Previews for the new songs are out on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/periodofplastc2mercy

I'm probably gonna buy a few copies just because but, I'm not in love with either song yet.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »
I am a bit disappointed by the songs. Nothing what I would have expected by POP. Last single at least Alarm was a good track, but the new ones... Queen of Pop is a nice idol song, but the style is not what I associate with the group at all. It reminds me a lot of Arc Jewel songs. The other track 走る!! sounds just boring. As much as I like Saki, Mari right now makes the better impression to me right now.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 11:16:07 PM »
Am I the only the only one that liked these songs? Someone sent me the link to them earlier and I gave them a listen and they just clicked for me . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 12:31:19 AM »
Like wattstax says it's pretty generic j-pop, I was never a big fan but I liked their older stuff a bit better (and I really liked the Pla2me songs).

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 02:29:39 AM »
It might be the emotional letdown after everything that lead up to "Happy Lucky Kirakira Lucky" which is a really great song live too. They can't just make Saki or anyone run 100km again and/or put them on hiatus for 4 months to generate any extra-special anticipation either.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 12:40:47 PM »
"Queen of Pop" video. Somewhat disappointed because I know they can do better. Counting down until someone comments that they're nazis for making a swastika.

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »
Great, I expected some right-wing imagery, but it was just the left-sided symbol for temple, not the right-sided Nazi one. As a German citizen I am disappointed :smhid

jk :lol:
The song isn't too bad but agree: They can do so much better.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 10:41:08 AM »
The song's pretty good, but I had to stop watching 1/3 of the way through the video. It was pretty terribad . . .

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »
The song is much better live.

They announced that they'll be having a Nico Live show coming soon where they will challenge other groups and if they lose, they have to pay a fine but if they win, they get nothing. Even though the manager also works with BiSH, he seemed pretty fired up to have POP work to get to their level.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2016, 03:15:03 PM »
So apparently POP is now called Gang Parade and they have new uniforms as well :huhuh . . .

http://natalie.mu/music/news/191327

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
Re: (Group) Pla2me/POP/Gang Parade
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
Thanks to whoever added their name for 2016. I still like them but, I wonder if they'll change their name again next summer?

I wonder what that shiny material is. Looks like it might not breathe to well. At least, they're sleeveless?

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 03:46:14 PM »
hey nice that they dropped the stupid POP name.

though Gang Parade is not a great evolution.  :lol: :sweatdrop:

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 03:32:18 PM »
Finally the music video for "WE ARE the IDOL"!!!!!!!

Thankfully, they got new outfits and even have a few others to show the contrast between their "black" and "white" selves.

According to Saki's tweet, Matsukuma Kenta did the music and Yua wrote the lyrics.

So glad that management decided to spend some money compared to their previous single. The video for "Queen of Pop" was a traveshamockery!

JPHiP Radio (31/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - Tip Taps Tip