JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - REAL Na Yume No Jouken

Author Topic: (Artist) PSY (싸이)  (Read 50245 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: (Artist) PSY (싸이)
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2013, 06:30:39 PM »
Korean pop sensation PSY cracks jokes at Harvard
AP: Elise Amendola

As a student across the river at Boston University, Korean rapper PSY never imagined he'd be giving a lecture one day at Harvard.

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts — South Korean rapper PSY was welcomed to Harvard University on Thursday night by dozens of screaming and shouting students and fans, as the "Gangnam Style" star participated in a conversation inside an ornate church dedicated to the memory of those who lost their lives in World War I.

PSY began addressing students and faculty by noting that his presence at the Ivy League school "is so weird."

He recalled spending four years studying management at Boston University while marveling at Harvard from afar. He joked about his academic performance while at school in Boston, saying he was known by a nickname of WWF — which, he said, stands for withdrawal, withdrawal, failure.

The pop star, whose real name is Park Jae-sang, also joked that he's heard that he is the first person to make a speech at Harvard without a written script.

Harvard professor of Korean History Carter Eckert says the discussion is looking at PSY as a modern global digital culture phenomenon.

PSY cracked jokes throughout this speech and said he was very shocked as his "Gangnam Style" video went viral. He said he was overwhelmed by its success and doesn't realistically expect to replicate the feat.

"Gangnam Style" was YouTube's most-viewed video with more than 1.5 billion views, and his new single, "Gentleman" has more than 300 million views.

"Gangnam style was not normal. Gangnam was not standard — that was an accident and accidents don't happen often," he said.

PSY wondered aloud why American TV news shows start so early, joking that he had a brutal experience waking up early for rehearsal for appearances on morning news shows.

He also recalled joining Madonna for rehearsal, saying he was surprised when she told him that he can touch her body anywhere while they were on stage.

"I cannot say I've been the best, but I can say I've done my best for 13 years" as a musician, he said.
FULL ARTICLE - http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/korean-pop-sensation-psy-cracks-jokes-at-harvard

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2013, 08:58:50 PM »
As many i discovered psy thanks for gangnam style (well i saw him first in an episode of heroes, but i thought he was a ballad singer), and after his concert "happening" i known his music better. My favorite song is urbanite.

Offline locexcel

« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2013, 03:43:02 AM »
I need another hit to stop my baby from crying...

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »
I like his music but I think he's only famous in Western countries because he's seen as the ''wacky East Asian''.  Gentleman wasn't quite so much like that, it was slightly more of your average Korean song, but he's unlikely to be seen as equal to a British singer. I don't think we can have an Asian singer in Britain of our own doing because of the way the X Factor portrays them and media influences.

Offline Thorin33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2014, 03:27:34 AM »

Not his best. Some funny cameos though.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »

It's that time again. CL featured ever so briefly.

Another MV, it seems...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:57:59 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2017, 05:29:16 PM »

New Psy double. Apink's Naeun gracing New Face, mmm.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2017, 06:18:14 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:05 AM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2017, 08:17:44 PM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - REAL Na Yume No Jouken