JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - KIMI YUKI

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 547216 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #1940 on: May 31, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
One year ago today, May 31, 2011.

An announcement was made.

THE announcement was made, the one that Peggers had been awaiting for 15 years.

The NHL...was BACK in town.

See it all again: http://livestre.am/3WkV6

And Happy Jets day. :cheers

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1941 on: June 02, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
^ FUCK YEAH. 2013 Stanley Cup See you there :halo:

in celebration, I copped a pack of cards and got 3 Jets old and new:

anyone watching the finals? I gotta pull for the Kings since they filled with Ex-Oilers (minus the bum Penner) Stoll and Greene so close, and Bill Ranford making Quick what he is today. but shit GAME 1 so feeling each other out lke they were fingering a chick. the ice was stupid!! this series gonna go long b ut MAN can't leave Kopitar all alone like dat.

lol can't top One Clap

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1942 on: June 03, 2012, 04:45:33 AM »
FUCK YEAH Saw Captain Canada :canada: Ryan Smyth and ended up grilling him about when he resigning "Waiting to hear from their side" YOU GOT THE SCOOP HERE! :jphip:

Real nice, down to earth talked to the kids like "You play? You like the Oil Kings, did Edmonton proud" to one kid who had downs syndrome. COME ON! DO IT STEVE!

AND Happy 61st Birthday Larry Robinson, best rant in hockey  :rofl:

sssssssssshit OT.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1943 on: June 03, 2012, 06:43:14 PM »
AND Happy 61st Birthday Larry Robinson, best rant in hockey  :rofl:

It's still not as bad as the diving in the NBA. :yep:

Devils need to step up their game. Wouldn't exactly look good if they lost the finals to the 8th-seeded team now, would it? :P

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1944 on: June 05, 2012, 02:21:04 AM »
FUCK YEAH GRETZKY WITH THE PUCK DROP!!!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1945 on: June 06, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
FUCK YEAH GRETZKY WITH THE PUCK DROP!!!!!

SSSSSHIT Marty didn't even have a chance on some of those - fucking weathering the storm like SHIT. 6 PP and Devils couldn't cash it in. they been playing real great with some super forecheck but man, if Kings win tonite.....

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1946 on: June 12, 2012, 02:24:45 AM »
^ Hooooooly shit if the Devils can do what the 42 Leafs did. FUCK THAT BE THE MONUMENTAL gotta finish it off tonight. They should get Lucky Luc to drop the puck. lol Cartman pumping up the crowd. I just have this feeling the Marty is gonna take em to 7.

went to the Oilers Locker Room sale yesterday and -- hmm nothing much for sale cuz I guess the season ticket holders got em all, cuz all the signed goods and star player gear was gone lol. so i just got a knit cap for Rika :P

BUTT! met Darcy Hordichuk and told him THANK YOU we needed a fighter so bad, Minnesota game esp made me rofl and posed:

and some random Oil Kings with the WHL trophy lol.

THEN!! Grant Fuhr was in the house!! SHIT got some shit signed for my homie and shook his hand TIGHT GRIP! whadddya expect his glove hand so epic, always an honour to meet one of the all time greats, asked him if he was gonna coach the Oilers and he mumbled something lol couldn't hear but I guess he suggested he working with some dudes? XD

HOLY SHIT AND THEN!! since he was pimping Ford (the sale sponsor) right beside him was this Test drive a Ford, tour the Oilers locker room and I'm like FUCK YEAH!! it was raining and pouring but snapped up a Mustang and slammed it all over the Yellowhead XD the dude was like all blah blah sync trying to add his lame ass music to the ipod "do you like Flo.Rida?"  :roll: I'm like I LIKE FUCK YOU. I WANNA BE SNIFFING OILERS JOCK STRAPS GET ME IN THERE!!  so zoom zoom baby, I made it in the halls of the HOLY HEAVENLY HOCKEY:

saw THE DOOR. just got chills. srsly.

it was rumoured that Messier smashed someones head in it XD but the story, the ritual!!! BRING IT BACK!!

just chills going through the place, this stood out, The Loyalty :jphip:

cuz... WERD. LOOK WHO'S BACK!!

video here: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634375

"The Oilers have probably the best developmental model in all of hockey ... The kids have all the resources available to them." - MacT :yep:

Like man. All the rumours he was gonna be back to coach but hey, nice to see him back in the mix.  I love his wry sense of humour lol

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1947 on: June 12, 2012, 03:38:55 AM »
saw THE DOOR. just got chills. srsly.
Isn't tradition awesome? :rockon:

Fuckin' hell man, that 5 minute boarding penalty really cost the Devils big time. It's halfway through the 2nd period now, and I'd have to say it looks like the Kings have this one in the bag.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1948 on: June 12, 2012, 03:57:50 AM »
^ THAT WAS IFFY. What ahelluva game, lol switching between channels NBC guy is like "To quote Al Pacino, Things just getting warmed up!!" :lol:

Best part was the ref getting a FAT LIP!! oh man, everyone going fullspeed. Fucking almost like they gift wrapped em but with Devils killing off that 4 minute major, you can just feel the ice tilt but SHIT too little too late. Who knows. BRINNG ON THE THIRD!

Almost bittersweet to see all dem ex Oilers on the team, but good for SToll and hell, Ranford making Quick what he is.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1949 on: June 12, 2012, 05:06:18 AM »
CONGRATS TO THE LA KINGS 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!

FUCK the hand off is just so epic. all kinds of tradition innit. First #8 seed to win the Cup. "Some are born brothers, some have to earn it."

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1950 on: June 12, 2012, 05:10:20 AM »
Well, congrats to the Kings. Clear proof that when it comes to winning championships, it's more important to have a good, hard work ethic, and to gel together at the right time than it is to have a high seed/placement in the regular season standings. :yep:

And come on, was there ever any doubt that Quick would get the Conn Smythe trophy for playoff MVP?

I think not. :cheers

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1951 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »
^ THE Conn Smythe winner shoulda been these:

No DOUBT JFC. the key is just the right mix of veterans and skill players, great D and OH SHIT. SO FUCKING IMPORTANT GOALTENDING. For the longest time

aww yeah Ice Girls. NOW THIS IS WHAT OCTANE SHOULD LOOK LIKE :lol:

Great to see vets like Willie mitchell and Simon Gagne get a taste too. And front office honks coming for a taste like Luc.

Here's to Martin Brodeur coming back, dude still got miles in him still. One of the more classy scenes of the nite:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1952 on: June 19, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »
Anyone other than myself planning on watching the draft this Friday? You should be watching dai, seeing as how your boys have the first pick again.

Round 1

1. Edmonton
2. Columbus
3. Montreal
4. NY Islanders
5. Toronto
6. Anaheim
7. Minnesota
8. Carolina
9. Winnipeg
10. Tampa Bay
11. Washington (from COL)
12. Buffalo
13. Dallas
14. Calgary
15. Ottawa
16. Washington
17. San Jose
18. Chicago
19. Tampa Bay (from DET)
20. Philadelphia
21. Buffalo (from NSH)
22. Pittsburgh
23. Florida
24. Boston
25. St. Louis
26. Vancouver
27. Phoenix
28. NY Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles (optional to CBJ)
FULL DRAFT ORDER (ROUNDS 1-7): http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=634895

EDIT:
Oh and dai, the pre-season schedules have been released. You should check yours out. 

Or if you can't, you can just check out OURS.
8)
LINK - http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634961

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1953 on: June 21, 2012, 10:33:55 AM »
^ WERD SON. :jphip: are you tinking what I'm tinking?? I was just talking to KT earlier, we gotta meet up - if not for tix but just to troll y'all or you troll us back XD

LOL yeah JFC. Draft Party and everything. :xo: This gotta stop in 2012 lol

earlier last night...

EBERLE AND NUUUGE GOT ROBBED!!!!!

and not just of their dignity :lol: well whaddya expect, tight race - Brian Campbell be the veteran, Landeskog almost led the Avs to a playoff spot but WHO CARES about individual awards. WE WANT THE CUP!!! Oilers better Nail the first overall. WHERE'S YOUR COACH!?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1954 on: June 21, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »
As far as I can tell, the only statistical reason to not give Nuge the Calder was that his +/- was a little bit lower and that he had to sit out 20 games this past season due to that injury. The way that he's played all year, if he hadn't missed those games, he likely would've gotten it. :yep:

Oh, and they released the full schedule for the upcoming season.  :thumbsup  Like last year, looks like your boys play our boys only once this upcoming season. And it's on Boxing Day, FFS.  :lol:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1955 on: June 23, 2012, 01:19:09 AM »
Well, Oilers did what everyone expected them to do by taking Yakupov 1st overall. He's undoubtedly the best player in this year's group.

Imagine now...a line that consists of all No.1 draft picks: Yakupov, Nuge, and Hall.  That's something that coaches all over the league dream of. :yep:

NHL.com Draft Tracker - http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.htm?year=2012&round=1

EDIT: Well, well, well...Jordan Staal just got traded from Pittsburgh to Carolina, meaning now the 'Canes have 2 Staal's on their roster.

Funny thing about it, TSN's commentators said that Jordan is actually getting married today. Now THAT is one way to make sure you don't forget your wedding anniversary. XD
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:36:28 AM by JFC »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1956 on: June 24, 2012, 05:55:33 AM »
WERD. Staal Brothers reunited, shocked the fuck outta me. They got back some great pieces, Fuckin Pens XD

Jets did pretty good, I'd love to get an UNTAMED bruiser like Trouba on the blue line XD OH MAN them showing that clip of him lighting up a Swede at 11 - plus tacking on a Sutter in Lukas is intriguing. Can't go wrong.

STOP THE PRESSES!! Leafs traded rights to Gustavsson to Jets for conditional pick! Picked up James Van Riemsdyk from the Philadelphia Flyers for defenceman Luke Schenn! Luongo not too far behind? Needs more massive contracts to be dumped methinks *coughPhaneuf*

BUTT LOVING THE PICK YAKUPOV! so much offense, it's gonna be like 7-6 at Rexall every night lol

All I heard on the local analysis was Ryan Murray we need defense. lol my jaw kept dropping as everyone selected D and dudes like Grigorenko and Forsberig were slipping. But D-Men are development projects, rare is the Doughty or Weber.

Here's to Lowe, Tambellini and MacT resigning Georges Laraque to centre Hall and Ebz!!!! GO OILERS GO!!

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #1957 on: June 24, 2012, 09:20:59 AM »
Gustavsson? In MY Winnipeg? Now I know they're banking on Pavelec leaving.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1958 on: June 25, 2012, 02:26:57 AM »
I like mason better, surprised he wasn't the main guy season opened.

WHOA AWESOME! we picked a brown dude, East Indian heritage Surrey's own Jujhar Khaira 6'3" power forward

are y'all going to your respective development camps? first chance to see Yakupov in action: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635996

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1959 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:00 AM »
are y'all going to your respective development camps? first chance to see Yakupov in action: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=635996
No word yet about if/when the development camps here will happen, nor whether or not they'll be open to the public. Definitely would like to go though. :)

Gustavsson? In MY Winnipeg? Now I know they're banking on Pavelec leaving.
Looks like Pavelec's agent may have been a bit more willing to negotiate once Chevy (Jets' GM Kevin Cheveldayoff) showed that while we wanted to re-sign him, we did have another option open to us and that we'd go with it if need be.

Jets agree to terms with Ondrej Pavelec
Monday, 25.06.2012 / 4:37 PM / News Articles
Winnipeg Jets

The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce they have agreed to terms with goaltender Ondrej Pavelec on a new contract. As per club policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

Pavelec, 24, appeared in 68 games with the Winnipeg Jets last season where he earned a 29-28-9 record, 2.91 goals against average and 0.906 save percentage. He ranked fifth in the league in overall games played as well as fifth overall in shots against (2,036) and saves (1,845). Last season, he set new career-highs in games played, minutes, wins, and saves.

The Kladno, Czech Republic native has played in 187 career NHL games between Atlanta and Winnipeg for a career 70-79-25 record, 2.99 goals against average and 0.907 save percentage.

He was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the second round, 41st overall, in the 2005 NHL Draft.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636058

EDIT:  No terms of the deal have been released? Nothing that a little journalism can't find out.  The kicker is that this article was published online BEFORE the Jets' Official website put up their article about it. :lol: :thumbsup
'I always said I like Winnipeg': Jets goalie Pavelec on 5-year contract
By: Staff Writer | Posted: 3:49 PM

The Winnipeg Jets' goaltending concerns/questions have been put to rest – the club announced Monday afternoon it has agreed to terms with Ondrej Pavelec on a new five-year contract worth $19.5 million.

The deal will pay Pavelec $3.25 million in 2012-13, and $3.5 million, $3.75 million, $4.25 million and $4.75 million in the following years of the contract.

The length gives Pavelec security and allows the Jets to continue to build around a player they think is morphing into a goaltending star.

The 24-year-old product of Kladno in the Czech Republic appeared in 68 games with the Jets last year, finishing with a 29-28-9 record, a 2.91 goals against average and. 906 save percentage. He was fifth in the NHL in games played, shots against and saves.

"I’m really happy that I have a chance to say in Winnipeg for five years," said Pavelec, who is in the Czech Republic, on a conference call.

"That’s all I was looking for, to stay in a city you like. They have great fans there and I always said I like Winnipeg. It’s behind me now and I’m just looking forward to success in Winnipeg."

Originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the second round, 41st overall, in the 2005 NHL draft, Pavelec had been reportedly seeking a long-term deal worth roughly $4 million per season.

There were also reports earlier this month that a KHL team had put a substantial offer on the table for Pavelec, but the netminder said Monday he wanted to remain in the NHL.

"Everybody knows I had an offer from the KHL, that’s no secret," said Pavelec. "But I always wanted to stay in Winnipeg. I said that so many times. I had the option to go to the KHL and it was really good money, but the first thing I was thinking was I wanted to stay in Winnipeg and that’s exactly what happened."

Chris Mason, Pavelec’s back-up last season, becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, as does Jonas Gustavsson, whom the Jets sent a conditional seventh-round pick to Toronto for the right to negotiate with him this week.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Jets-sign-Pavelec-to-5-year-contract-160290775.html
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:28:59 AM by JFC »

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - KIMI YUKI