JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - My Boy

Author Topic: (Artist) hide  (Read 5806 times)

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
(Artist) hide
« on: March 02, 2011, 02:17:46 AM »

Hideto Matsumoto  (1964~1998(On bottom middle)) was best known for his stage name within X Japan, HIDE.  He was and is still one of the most popular member within the band.  He also had a very successful solo career in Japan with the stage name "hide", pretty much the same one he used in X Japan except its all lower cap.  This thread is created for his solo projects as well as his accomplishment outside of X Japan.

He's songwriting style for his solo project is very different than his performances within X Japan, imo it tends to be on the more cheerful and carefree side except for a few.

Taken from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hide_(musician)
"The title track of his second album Psyence is a big band/jazz composition with full brass, other songs on the record explore genres such as reggae, industrial rock and glam rock, with varying uses of guitar effects.[21]
Instruments and songwriting are less experimental on the Ja, Zoo album, most songs featuring a fairly conventional instrumentation of two guitars, bass, drums, and keyboards. Traditional piano and violins do, however, make an appearance."

He also helped discovered another influential band in Japan, Luna Sea, and founded/co founded bands like Zilch as well as Spread Beaver with KAZ(Vamps)

hide passed away in 1998. It came as a big shock in Japan; 3 fans died in a copycat suicide (I'll get to this later, don't go crazy on me yet).  50,000 people attended his funeral, close to 60 people were hospitalized and 200 needed medical treatment in first aid camp. Below is a video of TV report of his death and funeral.  The video gets more and more crazy and emotional as it progresses, showing how much impact he had on his fans and Japan.

Hideto Matsumoto was found dead in the bathroom with a towel hung to his neck to a doorknob. Initially the news media and the authority deemed it to be suicide, but was later disputed by his colleagues and friends such as YOSHIKI and TAIJI, and claimed that that was a common stretching technique he's been using over the years, their dispute is also backed up by the fact that hide never left a suicide note and was drunk out of his mind and may have passed out while stretching, suffocating himself.  While his fellow band member from Zilch, Paul Raven (1961~2007) claimed hide was under a lot stress for his Ja Zoo Album. 

His real reason of death is still being debated, but I just want to ask everyone that posts here not to fight over it.  Just let him rest in peace.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:05:32 PM by fobmysterio »

Offline kyo-

• Member+
  • S/mileage Family
Re: (Artist) hide
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »
hide-samaaaaa

one of the greatest musician japan ever have.. my favorite musician.....
all the great music japan have right now is all thanks to hide-sama

to bad i know him after he no longger in this world.. Rest in Peace hide-sama.. i will always remember you
He will always live inside each of person who loves him

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
hide-samaaaaa

one of the greatest musician japan ever have.. my favorite musician.....
all the great music japan have right now is all thanks to hide-sama

to bad i know him after he no longger in this world.. Rest in Peace hide-sama.. i will always remember you
He will always live inside each of person who loves him

I also got to know him and X Japan after he passed, it's sort of hard to believe because his music and his style is so ahead of his time.

BTW I reposted hide funeral clip above, I'm pretty sure you have seen it, but just letting you know lol

Offline kyo-

• Member+
  • S/mileage Family
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:38:12 AM »
i have seen it.. but only twice.. hard to accept HE no longger in this world
actually i watch it 3 years after i know and love hide-sama, even i have the file, at that time i just keep it and try not to watch  :cry:

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »
YOSHIKI talking about HIDE and TAIJI on their Southeast Asia tour in Taiwan.  YOSHIKI'S still visibly upset about them passing on. X Japan is still my favorite band of all time, but they're still not the same without HIDE.  TAIJI too.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 06:02:36 AM »
hide’s commemorative project currently underway
by Shiso on December 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm

It was revealed that a special project is currently underway for hide, X JAPAN’s guitarist who suddenly passed away in 1998.

During the hide’s birthday party held on the 8th, there was a sign that read, “hide ROCKET DIVE 2013~2014 ~20th solo works & 50th of birth anniversary~.” Through a recent Sankei Sports’ interview, it was revealed that the project was to commemorate the 13th anniversary since hide made his solo debut (in 2013), and his 50th birth anniversary (in 2014).

One of the highlights will be the restoration of “hide museum.” According to a person concerned, the museum will open both in Tokyo next summer, and in Osaka next fall for a limited time. Reportedly, it will also open in 2014 as well, and the location for the museum has already been decided. An official stated, “For 2013, it will be mainly related to his solo works, and for 2014, we will switch the display items to be mainly related to his personal history“. The interior and exterior will also be in hide color.

“hide museum” opened in hide’s hometown of Yokosuka, Kanagawa back in 2000. They displayed about 1000 items including his 23 guitars, costumes, cherished car, and even his grade transcript from junior high school. It was first planned to close after 3 years, however, they extended to 5 years due to the great number of its visitors, as 400,000 people visited the museum in 5 years. There were also many requests for the return of the museum.

Moreover, they will hold a film concert on his death anniversary on May 2nd in several locations, and there is also a plan to hold it in overseas. It is said that it is already under the final negotiation with the proposed site. There will also be a music festival called “hide memorial summit.”

The fans still show their strong love toward hide, as about 35,000 people attended the memorial service on the twelfth anniversary of hide’s death held at Tsukiji Honganji Temple in 2010. The commemorative project will surely continue the great legacy of hide.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/12/hides-commemorative-project-currently-underway/

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 04:17:36 AM »
hide to come back with help from Vocaloid

It was announced that hide’s (Hideto Matsumoto) unreleased song “Ko gyaru”, will be included in the memorial album for his 50th Birthday, to be released on December 10th.

“Ko Gyaru” was supposed to be included in hide’s 3rd album “Ja,Zoo”, released in November 1998, but the guitarist passed away while in the middle of the song production. But, technology can do wonders, and now, thanks to the voice synthesizer technology (VOCALOID) developed by Yamaha and produced by I.N.A., who has always been making music with hide, the song was recreated.

In addition to the new song, the album will also include a great “Extra Track”: “子 ギャル / Ko gyaru”‘s demo recorded by hide for the album “Ja,Zoo”. The Limited Edition will also contain 15 music videos  and a performance video. Check out the tracklist below.

Kogyaru (子 ギャル) Track-List

CD
  • Kogyaru (子 ギャル) – Bonus Track
  • Junk Story
  • In Motion
  • TELL ME (hide with Spread Beaver)
  • HURRY GO ROUND
  • ever free
  • Pink Spider (ピンク スパイダー)
  • ROCKET DIVE
  • GOOD BYE
  • Hi-Ho
  • Beauty & Stupid
  • MISERY
  • TELL ME
  • DICE
  • 50% & 50%
  • EYES LOVE YOU
  • Kogyaru (demo) – Extra track

DVD (Limited Edition)
  • Ultra-valuable performance video
  • Kogyaru (子 ギャル)  PV
  • Junk Story  PV
  • In Motion  PV
  • TELL ME (hide with Spread Beaver)  PV
  • HURRY GO ROUND PV
  • ever free PV
  • Pink Spider (ピンク スパイダー) PV
  • ROCKET DIVE  PV
  • GOOD BYE  PV
  • Hi-Ho PV
  • Beauty & Stupid PV
  • MISERY PV
  • TELL ME PV
  • DICE PV
  • EYES LOVE YOU PV

(via hide-city, Natalie)
LINKS
- http://aramajapan.com/news/music/newrelease/hide-to-come-back-with-help-from-vocaloid/12211/
- http://www.hide-city.com/
- http://natalie.mu/music/news/129383

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls Beat!! - My Boy