JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame

Author Topic: AKB48 Stock Trading Game  (Read 37583 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: AKB48 Stock Trading Game
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »
Account value: ¥ 3,072,176  O0

edit:

Account value: ¥ 3,628,543  XD

Rena's stock went up to 70K  :shocked
I guess that price won't last long, but I lolled seeing the extra 500K in my account value haha.

edit:

Haha, it just keeps going up and up. What the hell is going on  :lol:

Account value: ¥ 4,039,125
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:49:48 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2012, 05:56:41 PM »
^ What the... have you rigged the game?

Chihiro

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
^
^maybe you should cash in now if you think tha price won't last, you can always buy in later if it does fall down. :lol:

But than the price keeps going up, up, & UP! Its just like the Vancouver real estate market! :panic:

So maybe you shouldn't cash in yet. :nervous

Should have bought some Rena stocks...

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
My four week plan heavily relied on Kasai... and she's graduating.  :bleed eyes:

Even though my account value is still over 4 million, it's completely meaningless because I will lose a lot of money on Kasai.
Yes, I will get a nice amount of dividend from the single release, but that is nothing compared to the amount I will lose  :bleed eyes:

The timing is funny, because:
1. I sorta figured out how I could make money relatively easily. All I needed was the upcoming dividend as starting capital.
2. I also realized that playing the game to get a high account value isn't really that interesting and that supporting your favorites, regardless of gain may be a much more fun approach.

So yeah, let's see how I will come out of this Kasai fiasco and then it's time to re-think this entire game  :nervous

edit: I am already down 1.4 MILLION.  :sweatdrop:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:08:42 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 11:22:46 PM »
You can now short sell:

Long? Short? What are these?

Long means that you own the stock. Short are the stocks that you owe the system.

Why does my money get deducted when I short sell? Why does it tell me that "Not enough money" while short selling?

When you short sell, you will pay the system [Number of shares] x [Current price] as deposit. When you buy back the stocks later, you will get back your deposit and the profit/loss you made from short selling.

The market has been fluctuating a lot this week, as for me, I was affected a lot by the Kasai grad announcement too, and have reduced to around the mid 2.5million level, still don't think I've cracked 3mill, but might have done when Kasai was at a high. But then, as I've always said, its only really a gain once you sell at a profit.

Chihiro

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
sorry guys can someone explain short-selling a bit more to me? I'm a bit confused by how it works. :nervous

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
sorry guys can someone explain short-selling a bit more to me? I'm a bit confused by how it works. :nervous

you are borrowing stocks against the market and sell it at a certain price i.e. XYZ is at 9800 yen/share and with ten shares you get 98,000 yen in total in a short sell

in an optimal situation (where the short sell works) the price of XYZ drops to 9000yen/share and with the amount you have you buy the stocks at 9000 so you gain 8000 yen + 10 shares of the stock (98,000- (9000 X 10)= 8000 yen)

If it rises, you lose money because you will need more than the amount you borrowed i.e. XYZ at 10,000 yen/share (98,000- (10,000 X 10)= -2,000 yen)

If you can read the jargon, here it is
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:56 AM »
Yeah, I'ma ignore all that. Too complex  :nervous

Anyway, I'm making mistake after mistake. I actually sold all my Kasai.
The upside is that I sold them at a price 5K more than what I paid on average, so in that sense I still got the single release dividend.
On the other hand, I will miss out on the sales dividend but at least I won't lose money when her stock will plummet after that, so yeah.

One thing that is annoying me is that some people sell thousand+ shares for like 500 yen (yesterday, Lemon). It seems like some weird tactic to kill a girl's stock or something... Not sure. It's happening with other girls' stock too. :/
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:34:34 AM by SomethingWild »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:06 AM »
^ selling short is fun if you call it right :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 05:38:07 PM »
^
^Someone is guess that the cheap stock-killing is actually mistake by stockholders who mix up the price & the amount. It a possibility, like instead of selling 500 lemon stock for $12,000, one is selling 12000 stocks for $500. But I think it is happening too much to be a "mistake" as it is happening to Rena stocks too. Also the number (such as the one I provide) don't seems too plausible.

Soooo... I dunno. :nervous

Edit: They also seems to have added an image uploading system. It seems like you can get money from uploading too
Haven't try it yet, will give it a look later.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:09:31 PM by Rust »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
I'm not surprised by the colluding (IMHO it is so) but the person running it can always add more complex security protection to prevent that but people who aren't familiar with stocks in general will tune out because of the complexity.  But as for me I understand all of it but the fact that it has and will happen only interests me more.  aka "inside trading" or stock bombing

If we work around it, we can build a team to benefit each other.  :lol:

@Rust it might be purposely  :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
Nogizaka stocks are coming out!!!!! :panic:

ohmigawd! ohmigawd! ohmigawd! :panic:

Need to offload stocks right now... so much Nogizaka stocks I want to buy & so little cash! :panic:

End the auction starts on December 25th 6:00 morning Vancouver time. :banghead:

Anything for Nogizaka stocks I guess. :nervous

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »
^ unlike other auctions, this IPO will last a long time. For 24 hours from 2390 Xmas day Japan time.

I actually have loads of spare cash now as while I haven't been doing anything seems like I've sold a load of stock. Including some girls I didn't know why I owned them but turned out its their birthday week, doh!

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 11:34:51 AM »
What does IPO stand for anyway?

This should be interesting  XD I got my eye on four N46 members... definitely gonna try to get a piece of the action this time around.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »
IPO = Initial Public Offering.

Chihiro

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »
Well, that was the auction. I had my eyes on five girls, but narrowed it down to two in order to increase my chances of actually winning some stock.

I ended up HUGELY OVERPAYING for Erika Ikuta! However, with her birthday coming up soon and her being one of the top members I'm sure I'll get my money's worth in the end.  :)

They also announced the NMB48 4th gen member going up for auction in a couple of days!
I'ma pass since I have zero money anymore. lol

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2012, 06:06:26 PM »
Before the auction I manage to covert about half of my stock value into cash, slightly more than one million.
My brother also created an account just for the Nogizaka members too. :lol:

So, this morning my brother woke up & find out he got 200 Nanase stocks (his oshi) & 50 Sayurin stocks (also an oshi, but slighty lower one).

& I woke up to find... I still have one million cash.

What?!?!
& to my greatest fear, I Did Not Got Any Nogi-Stocks At All!!!!!!!!!! :shocked :panic:
Seriously? Before I slept, my bid price was certainly not in the high range, but was certainly not in the low range either.
I even bid for the less-sought-after members too, & that also yielded nothing!??!!?
My bid price was similar to my brother's too, & he Got 250 Nogi-Stocks!

What on Earth! (rage) :banghead:

...my life is miserable. :( Well, not really. My stock life is. :nervous

Can anyone living in a timezone where they might have witnessed the last moment of the bidding process tell me how was the situation like? I have a very hard time believing I got out-bid on every single bid I made. :doh:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2012, 06:26:16 PM »
Can anyone living in a timezone where they might have witnessed the last moment of the bidding process tell me how was the situation like? I have a very hard time believing I got out-bid on every single bid I made. :doh:

If you are using the same computer, be sure not to buy/sell each other stock or you might get banned.

It hugely depends on the member. The ones I watched had top bids around 25K with over 9000 bids. With only 3000 available for each girl a lot of people who put in low bids missed out. However, for the lower tier members it was very different with top bids around 4500 and only an amount less than 5000.

In the end, even Ikuta sold for slightly less than 8K per stock which seems quite cheap. I think only Ikoma was a bit higher.
Bottom line, if you put in bids around 4K for low tier members and 10K for top members you probably should have gotten some.
Are you sure you pressed the "bid" button after filling in the form?  :nervous

edit:

Nine days ago I lost 1.4 million due to Kasai's graduation announcement, but I managed to bounce back!
--> Account value: ¥ 4,009,668  XD
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 06:32:36 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Rust

• Member+
  • またまた エリカ様
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
If you are using the same computer, be sure not to buy/sell each other stock or you might get banned.

Thanks for the reminder. I know about that rule so no worries.

It hugely depends on the member. The ones I watched had top bids around 25K with over 9000 bids. With only 3000 available for each girl a lot of people who put in low bids missed out. However, for the lower tier members it was very different with top bids around 4500 and only an amount less than 5000.

In the end, even Ikuta sold for slightly less than 8K per stock which seems quite cheap. I think only Ikoma was a bit higher.
Bottom line, if you put in bids around 4K for low tier members and 10K for top members you probably should have gotten some.
Are you sure you pressed the "bid" button after filling in the form?  :nervous

& yes I did press bid for sure. :nervous
It was on the "my share" page too (the bids that is.)

It funny how if they didn't have 24 hours bid time, it might be better for me. :sweatdrop:
Now... what to do with one million in cold hard cash... :doh:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame