JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chirinuruwowaka - Hanamuke

Author Topic: Indestructible Fire (Main: WMatsui + Multi-pair) - ON HIATUS [21/5/16]  (Read 53701 times)

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
Hello everyone! MisakiShishido here.  :welcome

This is honestly an idea that shot out of the blue after literally 'raping' the replay button on SKE48 Team S' new song, 'Kesenai Honoo'. Go have a listen to it guys! It's awesome! 8D

That being said... I am really unsure of how the story will turn out being but, hence I really need reviews/opinions on this concept to see if I should go with this idea or scrap it. >< It will be quite similar to an anime that you viewers may or may not know but yeah, with my twist on things, so that it doesn't feel like a complete rip-off. And also to note, WMatsui ain't the only pairing in this, so yay~  :nervous

Mmm well anyways... hope you guys like this little Prologue regardless!  :nervous

CHAPTERS

ACT XI x ACT XII *NEW!*

Indestructible Fire

PROLOGUE

She couldn’t believe her eyes. She just couldn’t take in the sight of what she’s witnessing right in front of her right now.

It was considerably late at night. And beside a serene river, there was a tree. A sakura tree, which due to winter, had only branches poking out from the trunk.

Hanging off one of the branches was a teenager, with long brownish-black hair in a school uniform. Attached to her neck was a noose tied from the rope that was tied to that particular branch. Right under her, was a platform of sorts, most likely used to enable her to tie the rope onto the branch and hanged herself off it. 

Each second that passed for another girl who was near to breaking down emotionally felt like hours. She could not face reality.
Her best friend had hanged herself when she got there.

Slowly, she approached the tree, noting her best friend’s expression. She had her eyes closed, but, with a pained expression. She lifted herself with the platform and attempted to loosen the noose, in which she managed to thanks to her skills as a girls’ scout back in her younger days and lifted the teen into her arms before getting down from the platform.

Her legs got wobbly, feeling the weight of her best friend’s body in her arms, without a tint of life force emitting from her. As she knelt down on the grassy ground due to her legs giving way, the girl glided her free hand on her dead best friend’s face. It felt as cold as ice. She looked even paler than she has been naturally. The girl could not help but cried in angst, cursing herself, blaming herself for the death of her best friend. She wished she could have saved her life. She wished she could have done more to prevent this from happening.

That was when…

“… Do you want to save her life?”

A light shone from right above the two. With teary eyes, she squinted her eyes as she looked at the view above her. She saw a hand, reached out towards her and thought it was an angel. Maybe even God himself.

“… Yes…”

She managed to choke out a reply in between sobs. It hurt so much whenever she sobbed. The pain she is feeling on her heart right now is something she had never felt before.

“... Are you willing to give your own life in return for hers…?”

Another question. This time, with a darker tone. It did not seem like the hopeful “I’ll bring her back to life because you have been a saint” kind of circumstances. And she had completely doubted it could have been God. God was never that cruel.

The girl had to decide whether she was willing to give up living for her best friend.

Sure, she had joked around with this question before in school, with her best friend of course. She always said she would, no matter what. But now, she was starting to doubt herself. She still had so much to do, so much to experience. She was still an adolescent who has yet to see the world!

She closed her eyes, still sobbing, and gave a deep thought about it.

And finally, she decided.

With a sudden burst of confidence, she responded, “… I-I’m willing. I’m willing to die if it means for her to live!”

“… Take hold of my hand.”

And when she did, everything just went blank.

- - - - - -

“Ugh… what….?” The girl regained consciousness and got up slowly.

Looking around her, she was in an eyes-piercingly white space. There was not a sound to be heard there other than the subtle howling of the wind, which felt unnatural. As she begun to walk, she felt extremely weak, and ended up limping forwards to the unknown, grunting each step she took as if she had just been through a fight with hundreds of delinquents.

“Where am I…?”  She asked no one in particular with a low, pained voice.

Out of the blue, she saw a silhouette appear in front of her. She stopped walking and looked closely at the silhouette. It seemed like a man with a masquerade mask over his face. He then bowed down courteously, welcoming the girl.

“… So you’re our final guest it seems.”

“What… are you talking about…?” She asked, struggling to speak. It felt like there was something suffocating her in that white space she was in.
“You have been chosen. In a battle to reclaim your existence,” he bowed again.

“R-Reclaim my… what the heck are you talking about…?!” The girl roared back, in desperate need of answers.

“You will be the guardian of fire. And that pair of combat gloves now wrapped onto your hands is a proof of your status.”

The girl looked at her glove-cladded hands. They looked like normal ‘fingerless gloves’ only that they were in a very attractive dark red and had metal armaments over her knuckles. She wondered how they just suddenly appeared on her hands just like that. Everything was so confusing to her that she thought she should just die and end her misery.

She paused at the thought of death.

Didn’t she die, saving her best friend’s life?

“Hey… didn’t I die or something?” She glared at the man, “… If this is Heaven, fine. But I have never ever heard that battling is required in Heaven. So cut this sick idea of a joke out already,” she spoke with irritation.

“This is not. This is, how to say… a realm for souls that have unfinished business and want to return to the world of the living.”

The girl looked around her. She did not see anything nor anyone but her and the man, and continued exclaiming at the man, “Oh really? I don’t see anyone else other than us though…!”

“… Because not every soul is allowed access here. Hence why I emphasise on how special you are. As a guardian as well…” The man turned back and started to walk away from the girl.

“O-Oi! You haven’t explained to me what’s going on here!” She wanted to follow him but due to her whole body failing on her, she stumbled down and failed to push herself up to her two feet.

“You will be informed in due time… by other guardians before the battle begins.”

As he slowly started to fade away, along with the girl’s consciousness, the man finished his sentence saying…

“I will be looking forward to how strong human bonds are throughout this little ‘game’ of mine. I am sure you’ll impress me, Matsui Jurina, guardian of fire.”

Once again, all went blank.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:02:46 PM by sophcaro »

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Clean the nosebleed and keep reading/writing! @.@
You have a rather interesting prologue here. It raises a lot of questions! Why Rena hang herself in that specific tree? What does it mean to be a guardian of fire? What is this masked man's true intentions? If Jurina is gardian of fire, does it mean there are guardians for other elements? Will Rena remember she committed suicide?
Will this have angst and action? *.* Can you please consider Furuyanagay? 
Please don't scratch this idea :3 I liked it o/
Btw, what anime is it? I can't remember watching anything similar :3
Ganbatte, Shishido-san ~

<3
Sorry about my lack of activity... I'm kinda stuck in life...

My fics:
It started in a wedding (MariMii + usual couples) - ongoing
The fanfiction post thread (KojiYuu, WMatsui) - ongoing
The cry of a lonely star - ongoing
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
Gosh.... I hope all this makes sense at the moment ><

Please enjoy the first chapter! I'll be happy to answer any queries and obviously will be happy to see comments down below since I am not confident with this. Thank you guys!  :sweatdrop:

Indestructible Fire

ACT I

Jurina’s POV

… Man… I feel like I’m going to die if this continues… though I’m already dead…

Opening my eyes slowly, the ceiling felt familiar to me. As I lifted one of my hands up towards the ceiling, I noted from my sleeve that I still had my uniform on. My other arm felt like there was a weight upon it though, my chest as well…

“… Mmm…”

As I tilted my head to look beside me where the sound was projected from. I couldn’t believe my eyes…

“R-Rena…?!”

My best friend, Matsui Rena, was sleeping soundly on my arm with her hands on my chest. The aromatic scent of her hair went up my nostrils filled me with bliss. She looked so innocent and vulnerable and—

W-Wait! This is not the time to go ‘fangirl’ mode over your best friend! Wasn’t she supposed to be…

“…Nngh…” She slowly opened her eyes and when both of our eyes met, she immediately jumped out of bed, falling onto the floor, pointing at me in fear.

“W-Who are you?!!! What are you doing in my b-bed?!”

“E-Eh?”

I couldn’t comprehend. Rena’s gaze at me right now was as if I was some kind of monster. The look of fear in her eyes, made me feel really sad. The fact she doesn’t even know me too. That can’t be right…

“I-If you don’t explain yourself n-now I-I’ll call the cops!” She was trembling.

“I-I won’t hurt you, Rena-chan… it’s me! Your best friend, Jurina,” I said to her with the softest and calmest tone possible, hoping it would calm her down.

“I-I don’t know anyone with that name…! G-Get out of my room… please…!”

She… doesn’t know me…? But why…?

“Rena I—"

“Get out!”

I was not able to explain myself. She had completely shut me off. Pointing at the door with her eyes tightly closed, I obeyed her wishes, walking towards the door as my chest tightened in pain when suddenly, a note appeared in my hand. I stopped at the door and read it aloud.

“The person you decided to sacrifice yourself for will not remember you. However, it is your duty to protect her from danger at all times. In short, she is your Master.”

RENA IS MY WHAT?!

I glanced back and her and she had a shocked expression on her face. Seems like she didn’t want to believe what I had just read out huh.
She stood up and grabbed onto my collar, angrily, “What’s the meaning of this?!”

“I-I don’t know either! But please, calm down…!” I placed hands on her shoulders and it seemed like it managed to cool her off, albeit slightly, though she did not loosen her grip on my collar.

“L-Look,” I tried explaining to her, looking straight into her eyes, “… I died saving your life okay?”

Her grip started loosening as her pair of eyes started to look shocked again, “… What… do you mean…?”

“… You…” I avoided her gaze, “… Committed suicide…”

She completely let go, frozen in place. When I looked back at her, tears formed on her eyes, urging me to wipe them off and so I did with my thumbs. With my hands still on her cheeks, she gazed into my eyes once again.

“… You mean… I’m actually supposed to be… dead now…?”

I’m surprised she believes me, honestly… maybe deep down, something in her made her trust my every words. And that ‘thing’ is really helpful right now.
“Yeah but, I died in your place. I was given a chance to save your life by some unknown force. So you’re alive. While I’m… unsure of the wellbeing of myself,” I forced a smile.

“… Why did you go so far… in doing so…?”

“That’s… a good question,” I ruffled my hair, “… Maybe because you’re my best friend?” I gave her a light chuckle.

“… Jurina…”

She called out my name softly, fidgeting with her fingers, looking embarrassed.

“… W-We… have to find out what’s going on… okay?” She then clasped both of her hands with mine, “… I don’t know why but… deep down… my heart is telling me to trust you. To help you…”

“Rena-chan…”

“I-I don’t know anything about this Master business… and I really don’t remember you so…” She looked into my eyes again eagerly, “please let me assist you… as a friend. I want to find out the answers too.”

I nodded and gave her the most heartfelt grin I have ever given her in my whole life. She then noticed I was wearing the school uniform that she and I went to. I briefly told her that we were classmates hence the attire. She had also noticed the gloves that were covered my hands and asked me about it.

“Oh this?” I started flinging my wrist around with a sigh, “… I don’t know much about this either—AAAH!”

Suddenly, the hand I was flinging around was enveloped in a ball of fire. Rena stepped away from me in panic and I couldn’t help but yelp at the sight of fire on my hand.

“T-THE HECK IS THIS?!” I exclaimed, trying to put the fire out. But weirdly… the fire felt warm… it didn’t feel like it was burning my hand.

Rena seemed to have hurriedly picked up her water bottle and came closer to me once again, “I-I have water! Do you want me to extinguish it?”
Somehow… my mind told me that it is not needed and so I shook my head calmly. Tensing up my hand a bit, the fire stopped on its own. Looks like my mind helped me figure out how to extinguish the fire. Tensing my hand once again, a ball of fire returned to my hand. It felt like I was switching a lamp on and off.

“T-That’s amazing… It’s like you’re doing a magic trick…” Rena said in awe of my ‘magic trick’.

I let out a sigh, “Don’t be impressed with things like that, Rena-chan…” I shrugged. Looking behind her, I saw the clock and realized that she should be going to school by now, and urged her to get ready. She heeded my every word and quickly got prepared. Funny how one moment we got re-introduced to each other and now she’s actually taking me seriously.

As expected of the adaptive Rena-chan, the transfer student whom I quickly got acquainted with the since the beginning of the year when she was always left alone but had a knack of coping with her studies and environment well, despite the lack of friends.

Leaving her room, we were greeted by her sickly mother in the living room. That was when, we found out another thing.

“Mom, umm… this is Jurina…”

“Hmm? Who are you talking about Dear? I don’t see anyone besides you.”

Both of us were obviously surprised.

“Mom…” She grabbed my nearest arm to her and attempted to put me in the gap between her mom and herself, “… Jurina’s here! See?”

“I still don’t see anything…” She still couldn’t see me despite our faces being inches away?!

She pulled me back to her side and shrugged, “F-Forget it… I’m going to school now.”

“What about breakfast dear?”

“I’ll get a Melon pan on the way to school,” she responded as she put on her shoes. For some reasons, my shoes just appeared to be on me when I reached the entrance. It’s freaky.

“I’m leaving!” She called out.

“Have a nice day dear.”

- - - - - -

Rena’s POV

Today has been a weird start... First… this ‘ghost’ claiming she’s my best friend who saved my life when I had supposedly ‘died’ and appears in bed with me, next she tells me I’m her Master or something and has weird fire powers, then my mom is unable to see her, making it seem like I’m the only one who can… and now she’s following me to school…?!

This had got to be some kind of nightmare!

“U-Umm… Jurina…” I clenched my fists as I walked.

“Hmm?” She had her arms behind her head with a carefree expression on her face.

“Why… are you following me…?” I halted my footsteps and gave her an annoyed look.

“Aren’t we supposed to find out what’s going on? The best way to do this is following you wherever you go right?”

She has a point… but still… a ghost following me does not make me comfortable… AT ALL!

“Plus… no one can see me.”

I sense a tint of loneliness as she said that. Guess I don’t mind her tagging along… eventhough it’s making feel very uneasy…

We stopped by a convenience shop on the way to school and I bought my beloved Melon pan for breakfast which I will probably have time to eat before classes start. I glanced at Jurina, checking if she wanted anything, but she just gave me a wry smile and shook her head. So I think that means ghosts don’t eat…? Hmm…

Leaving the convenience store and continued walking towards my school through a hillside footpath, a voice called out from behind us.

“Excuse me!”

Jurina and I turned our backs together, only to see two people cladded in the same uniform as us, literally panting right behind us. It seems like they were chasing after us. Not to mention, they were also second years as we are, seeing how they had red ties as we do. If I were to note anything peculiar about them, one looked a bit like a bird while one looked like an otaku.

“Sorry to suddenly stop you both. We’re in the same year, huh?” The otaku-like one voiced out with while panting.

Wait… did she just say… the BOTH of US…?

Jurina’s eyes widened, “Y-You can see me?!”

“Duh~ of course I can,” the otaku-like one replied, with a grin, “After all, we’re pretty~ much in the same situation. Your aura attracted me.”

We’re in… the same situation… wait so… does that mean…?

“Airin! Manners…!” The bird-looking one scolded her friend.

“Ah~ sorry, Churi~” She put out her tongue in a cute, apologetic way, “I’m Furukawa Airi. And my Master here’s Takayanagi Akane. I pretty much sacrificed my life for a bird brain like her.”

As they were bickering, Jurina nudged my shoulder with a keen look and I nodded in response. A clue to what was going on finally led itself to us!
“I’m Matsui Rena, and she’s Matsui Jurina. We really want to know what’s going on, so if possible, will Furukawa-san and Takayanagi-san tell—"

“Nope~ No can do,” Furukawa-san gave us a lazy look, “we can’t tell you just like that,” she suddenly gave me a smirk, “… you’ll have to pay something in return if you want information— OWW!”

Takayanagi-san hit Furukawa-san hard on her shoulders with a pout, “Don’t try to scare them, Baka Airin!” She then turned to me and Jurina, bowing apologetically, “S-Sorry about her behavior… And please, just call me Churi and call her Airin.”

“I-It’s okay… umm… Churi,” I replied, forcing a smile.

“Airin, you know it’s your duty to explain what you know right?” Churi placed her hands on both her sides and gave Airin a fierce, but cute, look.
Airin ruffled her hair and chuckled nervously in return before looking at us with a sigh, “… Yeah yeah, it’s my duty alright,” her unamused face suddenly changed into a confident, grinning one, “… But I wanna test the skills of this new kid.”

Without second notice, she pulled out a knife that was hidden from a thigh tie-down strap that the both of us failed to notice right under her skirt. She pointed it directly at Jurina with a smirk.

“You’re the one who’s a guardian yeah? Since the aura’s emitting from you… What element?”

Jurina gulped, “F-Fire.”

Airin laughed hysterically before continuing, “Ho ho~ so you’re the star of the whole show eh? They say the one with Fire is the strongest… I haven't met the guardian of Fire yet… at least, not until you introduced yourself to me…” A sharp glare was directed at Jurina but she was able to stay calm it seems.

“Looks like I should take the chance and kill you now,” Airin pointed her knife at Jurina again, “… After all, the guardian of Fire would cause quite a stir if she’s roaming around freely like this.”

“Airin…! Put that away!” Churi tugged onto Airin’s sleeve but she did not budge.

Jurina, on the other hand, was tightening her gloves coolly and returned a glare, “… Do you want to try me? I think I’m quite confident in self-defense Airi-san… don’t underestimate me… I will get answers from you.”

As the two continued their glaring session, the chime from our school bell resounded throughout the pathway, and it stopped the two from getting into a serious brawl too.

“Oh no…” Churi whacked Airin’s arm over and over again, “We’re going to be late because of you, stupid Airin!”

“You mean you are going to be late right? Oww! Stop stop!!!” Airin responded, putting her knife away while blocking her hits.

“Let’s hurry. We’ll settle this later, Furukawa Airi,” Airin gave a quick nod and right after, Jurina grabbed my hand and we started running off with the two still bickering behind us.

As we ran, it felt so nostalgic… Jurina running in front of me while holding my hand… and I had to run as fast as I could to keep up with her pace… The view of her back… is such a cool sight… and her hand… is so warm…

W-What am I thinking?! Jurina’s a girl… and she’s dead…!

Matsui Rena, snap out of whatever trance you’re in! You missed eating Melon pan for breakfast because of her too!

Hmm... I hope Jurina and Airin don’t go too crazy later…… we’re supposed to only get answers and not actually kill each other anyways…

Right…?

- - - - - -

As the pair arrived at school, they did not realize that a pair of eyes were observing them from the windows of one of the classrooms that was facing the entrance of the school yard.

She smirked evilly and said softly to herself, “Finally… the last guardian has emerged… huh.”
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:42:55 AM by MisakiShishido »

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
You have a rather interesting prologue here. It raises a lot of questions! Why Rena hang herself in that specific tree? What does it mean to be a guardian of fire? What is this masked man's true intentions? If Jurina is gardian of fire, does it mean there are guardians for other elements? Will Rena remember she committed suicide?
Will this have angst and action? *.* Can you please consider Furuyanagay? 
Please don't scratch this idea :3 I liked it o/
Btw, what anime is it? I can't remember watching anything similar :3
Ganbatte, Shishido-san ~

All will be explained in due time...... I hope  :nervous

Also, Furuyanagi, to your service  :D

Mmm honestly... the concept is close to Fate/stay night I guess? Master and Servant thing. I guess hahaha.

Thank you very much~~~  :cathappy:

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Wee~ the update was great!

So no one, except the ones in similar situation can see Jurina. I guess she is dead after all. And Rena did forget what happened. Why do I have the feeling she will remember one day?
Furuyanagay  :heart: thank you very much~
So they are the friendly ones? I want to know Airin's element ><

Suspicious person in the end hum I wonder who they are... Trouble!
I foresee fighting next chapter hohohoh
Thanks for the update o/

<3

My fics:
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
Ohhhh Jurina is the strongest

I wonder who is going to be the others gardian

Update soon

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
Wee~ the update was great!

So no one, except the ones in similar situation can see Jurina. I guess she is dead after all. And Rena did forget what happened. Why do I have the feeling she will remember one day?
Furuyanagay  :heart: thank you very much~
So they are the friendly ones? I want to know Airin's element ><

Suspicious person in the end hum I wonder who they are... Trouble!
I foresee fighting next chapter hohohoh
Thanks for the update o/

Wow you seem really excited! I'm happy!!  :lol: Thanks for the constant support! Stay tune for the next chapter~  :peace:

Ohhhh Jurina is the strongest

I wonder who is going to be the others gardian

Update soon

Yeap. That's why she and Rena are the main duo :3 Stay tune to find out!  :)

Offline BbSis

• Girls love rules *.*~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
I will hahahah
Have you seen the draw? :3

<3

My fics:
Oneshots
Oneshots at Perv area

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
You said you didn't know what FuruYanagi were like XD

“Excuse me!”

Jurina and I turned our backs together, only to see two people cladded in the same uniform as us, literally panting right behind us. It seems like they were chasing after us. Not to mention, they were also second years as we are, seeing how they had red ties as we do. If I were to note anything peculiar about them, one looked a bit like a bird while one looked like an otaku.

“Sorry to suddenly stop you both. We’re in the same year, huh?” The otaku-like one voiced out with while panting.

“Duh~ of course I can,” the otaku-like one replied, with a grin, “After all, we’re pretty~ much in the same situation. Your aura attracted me.”

“Ah~ sorry, Churi~” She put out her tongue in a cute, apologetic way, “I’m Furukawa Airi. And my Master here’s Takayanagi Akane. I pretty much sacrificed my life for a bird brain like her.”

As they were bickering, Jurina nudged my shoulder with a keen look and I nodded in response. A clue to what was going on finally led itself to us!
“I’m Matsui Rena, and she’s Matsui Jurina. We really want to know what’s going on, so if possible, will Furukawa-san and Takayanagi-san tell—"

“Nope~ No can do,” Furukawa-san gave us a lazy look, “we can’t tell you just like that,” she suddenly gave me a smirk, “… you’ll have to pay something in return if you want information— OWW!”

Takayanagi-san hit Furukawa-san hard on her shoulders with a pout, “Don’t try to scare them, Baka Airin!” She then turned to me and Jurina, bowing apologetically, “S-Sorry about her behavior… And please, just call me Churi and call her Airin.”

You pretty much hit the spot with this bit. Honestly, you hit the spot...

Without second notice, she pulled out a knife that was hidden from a thigh tie-down strap that the both of us failed to notice right under her skirt. She pointed it directly at Jurina with a smirk.

Maybe her element is Stealth? If it's like that...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:02:41 PM by MaYukiIsLife »

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
Next chapter~  :sweatdrop:

I really thank you guys for reading (you too, silent readers!)!!! It's making me continue eventhough I'm really quite at a loss with how everything will turn out to be, so bear with me if things start getting illogical  :nervous

Also, I wanna thank BbSis for a fanmade art for this fic of mine!  :heart: Thank you so so much!!!

Anyways, please enjoy~

(P.S. I might go on hiatus after this chapter as I have stuff to attend to in real life soooo yeaahhhh. Hope it's enough for now!)

Indestructible Fire

ACT II

Slamming open the classroom door that startled everyone in it, Rena stepped in while panting and bowed down apologetically at her homeroom teacher. She had never been late, this was her first time.

And it is all because of the crazy events happening in her life now.

“I-I’m sorry I’m late…!” She exclaimed while panting, Jurina followed suit despite knowing no one could see nor hear her.

“It’s rare you would be late, Matsui-san,” the teacher shook his head, “… Please hurry to your seat.”

Rena nodded and went to her seat, with Jurina following her from behind. When she got to her seat, she noticed that Jurina was forced to stand and while the teacher continued his briefing about lectures, she whispered softly to the invisible girl behind her.

“Hey… you can’t magically pop up a chair or something…? It feels weird having someone standing behind me like a stalker…” She sighed.

“Ignore me, Rena-chan…” The latter just gave a wry smile, “… Plus, you’re getting weird gazes from Aya-chan beside you…”

Shibata Aya, a classmate who was famous for giving weirdly intense stares, noticed Rena talking to herself and could not help but become interested with her. Rena felt a chill down her spine when she glanced at her neighbor. Her stare was terribly creepy, it felt like she was planning to murder her the next minute. That’s why not many would try to approach her, and hence, she’s also quite the loner in class, alongside Rena who emitted the ‘I’m too good for all of you’ aura.

“Matsui-san… I didn’t know you were the type to talk to yourself…” Aya whispered softly to Rena, with her infamous creepy stare.

Rena forced a smile at her creepy neighbor, “… U-Uh… W-Well…” She was speechless obviously, knowing Aya definitely would not be able to see Jurina.
Thankfully she was saved by the chime of another bell that signaled classes were about to start and homeroom had ended.

During class, Jurina, bored, could only just pace herself to and fro behind the classroom. She honestly wanted to do something productive as a now-dead person. Being able to roam around during class was a good feeling, yet she felt lonely. No one but Rena could see her. She’s glad that at least her best friend can see her, touch her… but yet, she still had a feeling in her heart.

The feeling of wanting to exist.

With her head hung low, she left the classroom without informing Rena. The latter wanted to stop her but as she was in class, it was difficult. Plus, Aya was just giving her the creeps now since she had been glancing at her periodically since homeroom ended. She could only hope that Jurina was not going to do anything stupid.

- - - - - -

Jurina’s POV

Leaving the classroom, I walked aimlessly in the corridor, noticing how empty it was during class hours. Reminiscing the times where it would be filled up with people during break time and how I would be walking around with my friends when Rena wanted time alone got me feeling a bit emotional.
As I touched the railing of the stairs before heading upwards to the third years’ floor, I could feel tears forming in my eyes. I was still in this world… and yet… I am invisible to everyone around me, other than Rena… I did not even have an appetite… I don’t even feel tired… I’m still ‘living’ and yet… I’m not…

Gosh… what’s going on? And what’s with all the talk about fighting?

As I clenched my fists, I heard footsteps coming down towards me. I assumed it must be a teacher.

But I was wrong.

She was a third-year student, seeing how she had a blue tie, and had this air of elegance around her. She had long, curled-hair that fit well with her beautiful facial features. Another thing to note of was the lollipop in her mouth as she hummed towards me.

As our eyes met, she pulled the lollipop out of her mouth and pointed it at me, “Hello there~ why are you out of class?”

Those eyes of hers made me feel really attracted to her, as if she was luring me into falling for her. It made me flinch, “… I… I just didn’t feel like it.”

“Oh~ so you’re loitering around like me yes?” She started waving her lollipop, looking as if she was thinking of her next sentence, “… or…” and gave me a seductive smile, “… are you planning on doing naughty things to me now?”

“T-The heck…?! Of course not! I just coincidentally ran into you, how did you come up with such an idea?!” I yelled back at her, flustered. Just who does she think she is?!

She put her index finger to her lips, gesturing to shush me, “… We’ll get into trouble if you make too much noise~…”

That was when I snapped back with a realisation. The fact she can even see me in the first place… don’t tell me she’s like me and Rena…?!

“H-Hey…” She looked at me, sucking on her lollipop with such poise that disturbed me slightly, “… A-Are you… one of those Masters people? Or…” I put my gloves-cladded hands in front of me, showing her proof that I was a Guardian, “… a guardian, like me?”

She smiled in reply, “... I thought you’d be charmed by me and never ask~” Suddenly, just by raising her free hand into mid-air, a bright light sparkled at where she was standing and I could feel currents of electricity surrounding her. As I involuntarily blocked the bright light that was glaring into my eyes, when I heard the surge of electricity had suddenly came to a halt, I squinted my eyes to look in front of me. That was when I saw the beautiful third-year student, with an elaborate bow that was larger than her own frame in one hand, and her lollipop in another.

Another realization came to mind. Electricity… could she be the guardian of lightning?

“… Y-You’re… a guardian as well…” I blurted out nervously. Seeing another guardian actually showing her powers right in front of me, honestly, terrified me. Airi-san was different since she just pointed her stupid knife at me… but… literally seeing sparks fly, and the fact she can summon her weapon out of thin air…

It scared me.

“Correct~” She spun around once and looked at me with an devilishly cute smile, “If you mix milk and Miyuki, just like that, it’s Milky~ I am the guardian of lightning, Watanabe Miyuki~” Suddenly, the lollipop she had in her hand magically turned into an arrow and she aimed her bow at me with that unwavering smile of hers, “Nice to meet you~”

Seriously, what was with that idol-like introduction?! That totally made me shiver! And now she’s pointing her bow dangerously at me?!

My mind went blank, all I could do was put up a fighting stance when suddenly, a girl jumped down from the stairs behind Miyuki-san and grabbed her in an arm hold, causing her to wave her bow and arrow around uncontrollably while squirming in her grasp.

“You idiot! I knew you were up to something when I felt you were using your powers!” The cool, boyish-looking girl exclaimed angrily into Miyuki-san’s ear but she didn’t look like she took her seriously and rolled her eyes with a pout, “Don’t just ignore me! You made me excuse myself from class with a stupid reason, Miyuki!”

“Hai hai~ gomenasai~” The latter responded with an unapologetic tone of voice.

The unknown girl looked at me with a wry smile, “S-Sorry about that. She didn’t mean to scare you, really. I’m Yamamoto Sayaka, a third year as this idiot.”

I returned to my normal posture and introduced myself to her, “I’m Matsui Jurina... a guardian like Miyuki-senpai.”

“Ne ne, Sayaka~? Did you hear that? She called me ‘senpai’!” She was trying to jump in glee with Sayaka-san tightening her hold in annoyance to stop her from behaving even more ridiculous.

“Gosh, cut it out Miyuki! You’re being annoying!”

“But Sayaka loves me acting all cutesy like this yes~? Sayaka~~~” She looked like she was about to give Sayaka-san a smootch at any moment until the cool-headed senpai let go of her and stepped away, seemingly embarrassed.

“T-T-The heck do you think you’re doing?!”

Wow… I never thought she’d be that kind of character… since she looks cool, calm and collected and all.

“A-Anyways, Jurina-san,” she turned to me before pulling Miyuki on her collar, “… We’ll be leaving you be now. Sorry about the whole commotion.”
I shook my head with a wry smile, “I-It’s okay… that was an interesting skit you both put on unintentionally,” I chuckled lightly.

“Ne~ Sayaka~ Jurina-chan’s really adorable! She even said we were interesting!”

“Yeah yeah, whatever! Come on, we’re going back to class!”

“Mou~ Sayaka’s acting all tsuntsun again~”

“S-Shut up, Miyuki!”

And with that, they went upstairs towards the senior corridor and their voices slowly couldn’t be heard anymore. I felt myself trembling again. The realization that other guardians can actually turn out being scary finally came into my head. Airi-san hasn’t shown me her element… that worries me…
Anxiety got the better of me as I decided to return to the classroom where Rena was. I’m sure I would be able to calm down with her presence near me.
… I hate myself for feeling like a weakling now…

… Darn it all.

- - - - - -

Rena’s POV

The classroom door that Jurina went out through slide open softly as she came in with an expression of uneasiness. It was the look where a child got scolded by her parents for disobeying them. She looked as if she was going to break down any second.

“Rena-chan…”

She called out to me softly, but in an audible level. I continued looking at her despite Aya-san’s constant stare at me and gestured Jurina to come over to my side. Aya-san, on the other hand, muffled a laughter with her hands which ticked me off.

I wrote down on a page of my notebook, telling Jurina to wait till break begins before she could tell me what happened. And she agreed with a sad nod of the head.

Eventhough I don’t remember her… but… I had the urge of wanting to comfort her… seeing Jurina like this… made me feel rather depressed as well…
Fortunately, the bell rang before the both of us could get any more depressed. I gestured her to follow me, and she did.

I decided to confront her at a place where students won’t frequent at during such a short break—the rooftop. She explained to me how she met another guardian named Watanabe Miyuki who was the guardian of Lightning while her so-called Master was Yamamoto Sayaka. And they were third years. She had also told me how scared she was when Miyuki-senpai summoned her weapon and her power just flowing out from where she stood. I’m glad she was being honest with me. I actually had the impression she would put some kind of tough act, but I guess she was wrong.

At the moment, she just looked like a sad puppy who wanted her master to care for her. And so, I did.

“R-Rena-chan…”

I didn’t know why but… my body just involuntarily ‘pushed’ me towards her and without a second thought, I had embraced her, caressing the back of her head softly to calm her down. I could sense hesitation, but she slowly crept her hands up my back, clutching onto my blazer as if there was no tomorrow, and buried her face on my shoulder as I hear small sobs coming from her.

She was warm… If anything, she did not feel like a dead person. She felt so alive right now as she cried, apologizing to me softly and cursing herself for acting so powerless. All I could do was hush her and continued caressing her head until she stopped.

After quite a while, she broke the embrace when she heard the chime of the school bell once again, and gave me a weak grin, “T-Thanks… Rena-chan… Sorry to have wasted your break time to see me crying like an idiot…”

I gave her a pat on the head, “Don’t apologise. You and I are in this together alright? So it’s only right that you share your burden with me.”

She gave me a nod.

“Anyways, I’m going back to class. You coming along?”

“Nahh. I’m gonna cool off here. I’ll be waiting for you, so see ya during lunch break.”

“Okay…” I approached the door and turned back to look at Jurina, “Don’t do anything stupid, okay?”

Again, she nodded without a word, as I returned back to class.

- - - - - -

While waiting for lunch break to begin, Jurina lied down on the floor beneath her, with her arms crossed behind her head to support her head and closed her eyes, peacefully enjoying the cold, breezy air. Usually she would have latched onto Rena for warmth but now, as someone who wasn’t actually human anymore, the cold was not something that bothered her any longer.

She had done this a couple of times, just ditching class to relax up on the rooftop on her own. But it had never felt this good. It was probably the second favourite thing she’d liked after ‘dying’ with Rena being alive and well, and the fact that she was somewhat ‘bound’ to her, the top favourite thing she liked.
Without realizing, she had fallen asleep…

- - - - - -

FLASHBACK

“Hey Rena-chan. What’s up?”

“Jurina… I don’t think I can take it anymore…”

“Whoa whoa, Rena-chan. Calm down. Don’t do anything rash okay?! Where are you? I can hear the sound of water in the background…”

“… Jurina… this may be the last time I’m talking to you…”

“O-Oi Rena-chan—"

“… Remember the sakura tree…? Where we buried our time capsule in 10 years ago…? I’m sorry… we will not be able to open it together in another 10 years… I’m sorry…”

“R-Rena-chan, don’t say that! I’m coming, okay?!”

“… Ne Jurina…? Thank you for everything…”

“R-Rena-chan, w-wait!”

“… I love you.”

“R-RENAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

FLASHBACK END

- - - - - -

“Jurina…?”

A familiar voice called out to the sleeping puppy. As she opened her eyes, she realized she had just dreamt of the past. At least slightly before she got caught up into this mess by witnessing Rena’s death.

The last phone call she had with Rena…

And also, the fact that Rena had confessed to her before departing to the next world…

Tears started falling again, causing Rena to kneel down and question Jurina out of concern. She seriously felt like a train wreck after dying and living again. She was never like this. She knew she was an energetic ball of fun who enjoyed socializing with others… not this idiot who kept tearing up every minute.
“S-Sorry…” She said, struggling to keep her composure while wiping her tears roughly, “… I had a… bad dream.”

“I see…” The other Matsui patted her head and showed Jurina a Melon pan, “Why don’t… we have lunch now?”

Jurina nodded, despite knowing she didn’t have to eat and kindly declined Rena's offer when she wanted to share her Melon pan with Jurina.

Their little bonding moment was interrupted by a slam of the door of the rooftop entrance. Two familiar faces had just stormed in, greeting particular no one with a loud voice.

“Oh? You two are here eh?”

“Airi-san…” Jurina shrugged while Rena was comfortably sitting beside her.

“Oopsie~ were we disturbing a private time for you two?” Akane said with a giggle, which made the two Matsuis blush furiously.

“N-No you didn’t! And w-we aren’t even like that!” Rena protested in embarrassment.

“Yeah yeah. The people who deny like that always~ end up together,” Airi smirked.

“Y-You shut up!” now it was Jurina’s turn to protest before she suddenly stood up, pointing at Airi, “W-Why don’t we just battle now and get over with it rather than having to wait till classes end?! I would gladly punch your face about now!”

Airi shrugged, “No thanks, mate. I suddenly lost interest in fighting you.”

“What?”

“You heard me,” Airi gave an intense gaze at Jurina, “… I don’t feel like fighting you anymore.”

“Instead, we’ll tell you stuff we know, and maybe… cooperate until we’re the remaining two pairs?” Akane suggested with a smile.

“Maybe we should agree on a truce…” said Rena, looking upwards at Jurina, “What do you think?”

The latter let out a deep sigh, “Alright…” She gave Akane and Airi a fierce look, “… But if you guys try to backstab us, I won’t forgive you.”

“Chill, Juritan, chill~” Airi quickly responded.

“J-Juritan?!” Jurina was taken aback by how Airi had called her. Not that she was annoyed with how the name sounded, more like, she was quite happy with how cute her nickname sounded.

“Anyways, let’s chat while having our lunch yes?” Akane smiled and took a seat right beside Rena, opening her bento box. Airi sat beside Akane while Jurina took her seat beside Rena who began chewing down on her beloved Melon pan.

“So… right now… it’s established that there are five guardians in total. Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning and Earth. We’ve pretty much met everyone already and they’re all coincidentally in this school,” Airi begun her explanation.

“Five guardians huh…” Jurina said, deep in thought.

“Ah, for your information, Airin is the guardian of earth, so she can play with sand and shadowy stuff,” said Akane before beginning her meal.

“Aww man… I was supposed to tell her that! Thanks for ruining my awesome self-introduction, Churi,” Airi facepalmed while Akane replied her with a peace sign.

“In manga or games, fire and earth go quite well together…” Rena said, looking at Jurina with a smile.

“… I honestly hope it applies to real life as well…” Jurina shook her head, unimpressed, “Oh right. I met the guardian of lightning, Watanabe Miyuki. Her Master too, Yamamoto Sayaka too.”

“Ahh… the lightning combo eh…” Airi shivered, “They give me the creeps… especially Sayaka-senpai…”

“Sayaka-senpai looked like a nice person to me though.”

“She’s acting I tell you! She’s darn scary!” Airi exclaimed in exaggerated fear.

“Yup~ When we first approached Sayaka-senpai, she gave us a death glare and since then, whenever we do see them, we tend to step away from them. Mmhmm~” Churi said nonchalantly with a big bite of a piece of her Ebi Furai.

“That’s quite different from how you told me Sayaka-senpai was, Jurina…”

Jurina sighed, “Guess I shouldn’t have judged a book by its cover…”

“Hmm… which means you haven’t met the wind pair and ice pair huh,” Airi looked in the direction of where Jurina was with seriousness, “… They’re a force to be reckoned with.”

“Who are they?” Jurina returned the same expression to Airi, who crossed her arms.

“Oshima Yuko-senpai, a third year who’s the guardian of Wind and Maeda Atsuko-senpai, also a third year and the guardian of ice. Yuko-senpai’s really cheerful but when she fights, she’s like a flying squirrel who has crazy spear-wielding skills to boot. On the other hand, Atsuko-senpai has this aura of solitariness which is befitting for her title as guardian of ice… you can’t simply predict what she might do next and the next moment you panic and start thinking, she’d have a sword by your neck!” Airi explained, dramatizing everything she went through that made Rena clap at her with a blank expression and Jurina couldn’t help but had her jaw dropped.

“Yuko-senpai… and Atsuko-senpai… sound like mad people…”

Airi leaned back slightly, facing towards the sky above her, “… It’s because they’re serious on getting back to life.”

“What do you mean, Airin?” Rena asked, puzzled.

“If we do land a finishing blow that effectively ‘kills’ the guardian, we get an ‘existence orb’. Collecting all five, which includes the one we already have on default, means we get back to being human beings. We get revived, and have a second chance at life alongside the one we decided to give up our lives for.”
Airi’s explanation rendered both Matsuis speechless. The thought of ‘murdering’ someone never came into mind. Jurina couldn’t believe the fact she had to face a bloodbath soon… the fact she may have to kill someone with her own two hands despite the guardians being dead people to begin with. It frightened her. She had never, in her lifetime, had to face such a mentally challenging situation.

“So yeah. That’s pretty much what Churi and I know so far,” Airi turned to Jurina, “Any questions?”

“… Have you fought any of them before…?”

Airi smiled sheepishly and shook her head, “Of course~ not. I’ve only seen a fight between Yuko-senpai and Atsuko-senpai, that’s why I am able to clarify how they were like, since my earth skills can turn me and Churi invisible as long as there’s dirt nearby” she scratched the back of her head nervously, “however I think they ended on a deuce, no one killed off the other because their Masters stopped them in time before they destroyed the school’s backyard.”

“Wait, but I didn’t see any damages whatsoever?” Rena questioned.

“That’s because the damages magically disappear within 24 hours, and anyone who sees it, but are normal people, will get their memories wiped out~” Churi explained, before putting into her mouth a spoonful of rice.

“I see… then… about fighting…” Jurina clenched both of her fists in hopes to stop her trembling, “… Are you prepared for it…?”

“Honestly speaking, I think Airin’s going to chicken out at the last minute~” Akane chipped in with a smug look on her face, taunting her otaku-like friend and getting a hard punch out of it.

“Heh… You asked a good question, Juritan. I dunno… I guess that’s why I suggested the truce to bird brain here and she agreed…” She let out a defeated sigh, “… It’s not like we’re using you to save our own skin but… I thought maybe living like this a little longer would be nice, rather than having to fight and disappear forever.”

Jurina could sympathize with Airi. She would rather remain invisible as long as she could and stayed by Rena’s side. That wouldn’t be so bad either.
“Then we should stay out of trouble, shouldn’t we?” Rena turned to Jurina, “… Although I can’t remember who you were to me, but… at least you can remain here right?”

It pained Jurina when Rena put it that way. How would she make Rena remember all that has happened, since the beginning of their friendship? She had the burning desire of wanting to get the memories of her best friend back.

“That reminded me… Airi-san,” Airi returned a look at Jurina, “Does Churi-san remember anything from before her death?” The respondent shook her head, looking fairly depressed.

“I tried explaining before but it seems like Masters aren’t allowed the truth.”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s like their brain immediately blocks out our voices, and they would just get knocked out if we did try to delve in further than we should. Just telling them they died wouldn’t be a problem, just the details like how she was or what happened when she died would trigger this stupid ‘block out’ think in their minds. It’s probably linked to how we’re alive right now though…” Airin explained, cupping her chin in deep thought.

“How did you know so much, Airi-san…?”

“Mmm… the guy in a mask told me. What, he didn’t tell you?”

“No! He just told me other guardians will tell me or something!”

Airi laughed aloud, “Hahaha! Serves you right for being the ‘strongest’! Then again, it’s probably a handicap for all of us to know more than you do, in case you finish us all in one fell swoop.”

Jurina pouted, “… I’m not that crude of a person.”

“Hmm well, I hope this whole cooperation thing goes as planned!” Airi punched into mid-air with a grin.

“Thanks Airi-san, Churi-san,” Jurina smiled.

- - - - - -

As they continued their idle chatter over lunch to get to know each other a bit more, little did they know, a silhouette was behind the door leading to the rooftop, listening to the important bits and pieces of their conversation before leaving the scene.

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
I will hahahah
Have you seen the draw? :3

Yes I have, and have credited you in the latest chapter!  :grin: Thank you so much once again!   :twothumbs

You said you didn't know what FuruYanagi were like XD

“Excuse me!”

You pretty much hit the spot with this bit. Honestly, you hit the spot...

LOL I was guessing how they were really!  :nervous

Maybe her element is Stealth? If it's like that...

Close ^^; Please do check out the latest chapter thanks!!

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
Re: Indestructible Fire (Main: WMatsui + Multi-pair) - ACT II [12/12/2014]
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 10:05:04 PM »
Milky the Lightning Guardian, Airin the Earth Guardian (She is very stealthy though), Acchan the Ice Guardian, Yuko the Wind Guardian as well as Jurina, who's the Fire Guardian?

Sounds like Minecraft Modded Survival to me XD

Milky + Lightning = Pikachu XD

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
Milky the Lightning Guardian, Airin the Earth Guardian (She is very stealthy though), Acchan the Ice Guardian, Yuko the Wind Guardian as well as Jurina, who's the Fire Guardian?

Sounds like Minecraft Modded Survival to me XD

Milky + Lightning = Pikachu XD

Huh? Jurina's the Fire Guardian!  :O I thought it was established even before this chapter ^^;

Hahahha Pikachu?? XD

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »
I know... It was a typo..

You put Milky's cuteness + the lightning you get Pikachu..

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »

Ahh lol okay ><

Hahaha I get it now. A Pikachu who wields a bow.  :lol:

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 10:47:55 PM »

Ahh lol okay ><

Hahaha I get it now. A Pikachu who wields a bow.  :lol:

Or put it this way, if you've heard of MapleStory, put the Thunder Breaker and the Wind Archer together...

(Just thought of another fanfic idea....)

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »
Or put it this way, if you've heard of MapleStory, put the Thunder Breaker and the Wind Archer together...

(Just thought of another fanfic idea....)

Aww I miss Maple Story. I used to play as a Wind Archer, so I definitely know what you're talking about.

This is exactly how Miyuki is.  :lol:

Good luck on your new idea then? :)

Offline lahika

• GANBARENA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am from Indonesia. Just a dust of Rena's Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »
I love the Theme. . . Just like SuperPower in Actions figure. . .
And,,,I hope you ğet update it as soon as possible.
Bcz I love it. !!!
I feel sad,,for Jurina's memories that Rena's don't remember even a slight of them.
thank you.

Offline MisakiShishido

• ♥愛しきライバル♥
  • Member+
  • 希望は体力, まだまだ大丈夫!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »
I love the Theme. . . Just like SuperPower in Actions figure. . .
And,,,I hope you ğet update it as soon as possible.
Bcz I love it. !!!
I feel sad,,for Jurina's memories that Rena's don't remember even a slight of them.
thank you.

Haha thanks for the comment!!! And I'm glad you like the theme :)

I'll try to stay constant with my updates! >< Please stay tune! And yess, please feel with Jurina~ XD

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2014, 12:53:27 PM »
Still wondering why rena commiting sucide
And what happen after all the fight end?
Is this gonna be long chapter??

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chirinuruwowaka - Hanamuke