JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - Hoi Fuet Tin (Beyond cover)

Author Topic: The お笑い Thread  (Read 11881 times)

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
The お笑い Thread
« on: January 25, 2010, 06:04:50 AM »
Recently got into Japanese comedy, in an effort to improve on Japanese comprehension..

Been watching London Hearts and Lincoln mostly, and grabbing anything else that I see that seems interesting. I used to watch Onedari Muscats too, but I'm not sure that qualifies. One pretty recent thing I've seen is the Tunnels no Minasan no Okagedeshita SP, which was funny as hell. It had the guys grilling horumon in a bathroom, Ishibashi trying to sleep with the dude's wife and Ariyoshi getting armbarred by Aikawa Shou. I was wonder if you guys could tell me what other good stuff is out there..

This thread is really just an excuse for me to post this:

:lol:

Offline Chivor

• Zaa Wota?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ME BE BACK.
Re: The お笑い Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »
DETA!!!!!

damn it's good to find another owarai fan.

watched last year's M-1?

well I have tons of stuffs in my head to recommend, but its up to what kinda owarai do you like lol

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 02:11:23 PM »
Masa: amazing, your thread didn't flop completely

I've only recently really gotten into it; all I did before was just dabble in a few Mechaike eps and whatnot. Like I said my Japanese is (really) bad, so I probably won't enjoy the more talkative ones as much. That said, I'm open to all recommendations!

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
Self-proclaimed Owarai maniac here. :cow: Good job on starting the thread, mal! I wouldn't say it's the best way for one to improve your Japanese comprehension, but it helps if you're interested in it.

I don't what you're looking for, so I'm just going to name some variety shows: Haneru no Tobira is one of the less talkative shows, but personally it's degraded a lot so I haven't watched it in a while. Gaki no Tsukai is probably the most well-known, but it might take some time to get used to the Kansai dialect. Picking up the new year specials is a good start, the latest one still have plenty of seeders. My personal favorite is Mechaike, but you already know about that.

As for Tunnels' show, shit is too scripted to be taken seriously. To each his own, though.

Edit: I forgot we already had a variety show thread...
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=8751.0

watched last year's M-1?
I was pumped to see Warai Meshi take it, but they totally messed it up at the final round. :lol: Overall Punk Bubu was the clear winner, although I hope they won't turn into a second Non-Style... Speaking of, R-1 isn't too far away!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:04:13 PM by Ayabie »

Offline Chivor

• Zaa Wota?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ME BE BACK.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 05:08:13 PM »
^ I havent watched Hanetobi for quite awhile either ... well, more like unable to even dl them >.> I kinda miss King Kong already xD

As for Gaki no Tsukai, I used to watch it but iono, it just kinda turned more and more S for me so I kinda stopped x.x

And as for favs, I like stuffs like skits and manzais so I'm kinda a fan of the Red series (Bakushou Red Carpet, Bakushou Red Theater) ... Personally I still prefer dialect geinins tho lol

Any fav combi/geinins? Personal favs are stuffs like Naitsu, Hibiki, Hiking Walking and the MaedaMaeda kids :P

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »
I know what you mean by it being S, but Gaki has always been a varied show so there's a little something for everyone. Aside from the specials, I've always enjoyed the "これやってみたかってん" and "この一口に命をかけろ" segments. :lol:

I try to catch Red Carpet and Red Theater every week, but it mostly depends on who's appearing. I missed last week's though, which I'm pretty bummed over since apparently Bakarhythmn finally got the Red Carpet award. Arabikidan is pretty fun at times as well.

As for favorites, I've got way too many... In terms of different aspects, though:

Manzai: Nakagawa-ke, Tutorial, Total Tenboss, Audrey
Skits: Nakagawa-ke, Monster Engine, Banana Man, Jarujaru
Variety: Cream Stew, Untouchable, Ninetynine, Neptune, Jichoukachou

Anyway, if people ask me about my absolute favorite, it's Nakagawa-ke. :lol:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
I can only understand some parts of manzai. My Japanese is terrible so I'm lost when it comes to goups that go really fast like Naitsu and Audrey. But I can kind of follow the ones that do skits and stuff, so I tend to watch Non-Style, Monster Engine, Hannya, and other groups like that. I also like Harisenbon lol.

I don't follow any shows regularly, mostly because I don't see any uploaded. Gaki no Tsukai I watch kind of, usually only the batsu specials.. need to grab the latest one. Been mostly watching Shabekuri 007, but only when they have a guest of interest or a really hot girl, lol. Cream Stew and Neptune's Taizo is the funniest out of the seven of them.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 04:19:53 AM »
cool an owarai thread.

I'm pretty much in the same ship as chivor, more into the Red series as skits are easier to be understood. I do keep up with Lincoln and London hearts from time to time. I just started following owarai though, still not that knowledgeable.

Current favs are : Jaru Jaru, Rocchi, UjiKouji, Harisenbon.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 05:56:09 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations! Downloading at the speed of light.

I wouldn't say it's the best way for one to improve your Japanese comprehension, but it helps if you're interested in it.

Mostly looking to improve on informal Japanese in general, you should've seen me when I found out the Japanese don't actually like using their fucking particles.

I actually dled the Tunnels no Minnasan no Okegadeshita SP; actually found it pretty funny, if only for Ariyoshi getting bullied and grilling horumon in the bathroom. Aside from watching it live/on tv do you guys DL the stuff? I assume Perfect Dark is a good place to look, but I have no idea how to find any of it..

Offline Chivor

• Zaa Wota?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ME BE BACK.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »
^ lol well more like we can only dl it coz we ain't local x.x (for me & Kei)

... tried d-addicts? there's a constant upload of owarais there

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
D-addicts is a good place for torrents, otherwise I usually check Pandora.tv for online viewing. It's slow as shit nowadays, though, now that all kinds of people utilize it. And p2p is surely the best source, but likewise I'm clueless on getting it to work properly...

Mostly looking to improve on informal Japanese in general, you should've seen me when I found out the Japanese don't actually like using their fucking particles.
Well, if you put it that way then picking up Owarai might not be such a bad idea. :P Onedari Muscat actually has a lot of informal stuff if I remember correctly.

Been mostly watching Shabekuri 007, but only when they have a guest of interest or a really hot girl, lol.
Yeah, Shabekuri is definitely one of the better talk shows out there because of the guests. :lol:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
I came across this show a while back. It's hosted by Uchan Nanchan. Various owarai do different kinds of challenges where they have to make random people in the audience laugh. They go through a number of stages, winning money after clearing each one. I'm not sure what the show is called. Anyone familiar with this show?

Here's Non-Style's challenge
nojojoow0202k;k;:p@^^klsjojjhdihi-:lm

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »
Ah, that's Iromonea. It started off as a 2 hour special called "The Iromonea 5" a few years ago, but it's a weekly show now which is awesome. :lol: Recently I've been enjoying the Pinmonea segment where they're not participating as duos but alone.

By the way, I forgot to tell you guys about this fairly new site called Owarai.tv. It's mostly uploads by wakate geinin, but personally I love that kind of stuff.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »
Fuck, Untochable's Shibata is taking an indefinite break starting February...

http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/p-et-tp0-20100130-590695.html

He didn't even state a reason...

Offline Chivor

• Zaa Wota?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ME BE BACK.
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
^ ughhh that just sucks ass >.>

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:09:23 AM »
Here's Non-Style's challenge
nojojoow0202k;k;:p@^^klsjojjhdihi-:lm

!

It's what that Iromoea segment on AKBINGO was based off on! I didn't know it was comedy. I really liked the silent bit. "Neta wasureta?" lol.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »
Although it's more of a quiz show than お笑い, there are comedians appearing as regulars on this show, so I thought I'd mention it here:

Nep League: basically, a common knowledge (to the Japanese at least) quiz show. There's various segments on the show, all of which nets you 10 points per question. For example, "Five League" requires the team (of 5) to all answer one single question; the catch is that the team can only write in one character of the answer (consisting of five characters hiragana/katakana/kanji) based on their position.

Example episode (with only the Arashi parts):
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

There's even a DS game released for this! ..which I've tried and have been raped quite often..

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »
The finalists for R-1 are up! :cow:

http://www.r-1gp.com/top.htm

L-R: G-Takashi, Abe Kouji, Kawashima Akira (Kirin), Bakarhythmn, Itou Asako, Ehara Masahiro, Kajin Shouta + (Nadagi Takeshi who was absent)

I've never seen Kajin Shouta before so that should be interesting. I'm all for Bakarhythmn taking this, but considering he drew #2 is a little worrying... Depending on who's joining them from the survival stage, I'd say Ehara is in a good position on winning this year.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:48:32 AM by Ayabie »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 10:23:43 PM »
Let's post some Tubes. More wakate for the mass!

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 04:06:26 AM »
Arashi x Wakate Geinin Collaboration!!! (on Utaban)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - Hoi Fuet Tin (Beyond cover)