JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Hot Issue

Author Topic: [Movie] 'Dragonball' comes to bigscreen  (Read 26757 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: 'Dragonball' comes to bigscreen
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:56:14 AM »
Well, there wasn't a thread for this movie specifically, but news and links for it have been posted in this thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11819.msg424413#new
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 04:15:10 AM »
Wow, do you know how much can go wrong with an AMERICAN company, CHINESE producer and CHINESE director, AMERICAN and CHINESE cast, filming in CANADA a live version of a JAPANESE anime?  :oops: :oops: :banghead:

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 04:21:51 AM »
Well, there wasn't a thread for this movie specifically, but news and links for it have been posted in this thread: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=11819.msg424413#new
ahhhhhhhhhh................. I didn't know that ... I don't hang around here at all -_-"" ......... so I have no idea where the movie news are posted ...........

I come across the details about this "news" yesterday @ a HK newspaper .......... and I didn't know someone post the "news" in that thread today ................ I was just thinking "why the hell no one is talking about it ?"    XD XD XD

Wow, do you know how much can go wrong with an AMERICAN company, CHINESE producer and CHINESE director, AMERICAN and CHINESE cast, filming in CANADA a live version of a JAPANESE anime?  :oops: :oops: :banghead:

it will be fine ......... hopefully XD
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:24:38 AM by chokkan 2 »

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 03:30:18 PM »
I'm kinda excited about this, since I like dragonball a lot (it's one of the first manga that made me like anime and manga).

but at the same time I'm quite pessimistic.. dragonball live action?? hmm... I can't picture it..

Oh well, hopefully it's good, because there has been some attempt at a dragonball live action movie years ago (it's a chinese movie) and.. well... it sucked (IMO, at least).

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »
All I can say is THEY'D BETTER NOT RUIN IT!  :-\

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 02:07:54 AM »
Wow, I've seriously been reading about about a DB movie for yearsss now, and now they are finally getting the show on the road?  I'm not even interested in DB like I used to be. Maybe when I see a trailer or something, I might decide to see the movie
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 02:09:20 AM by modesta107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 07:01:25 PM »
i heard about the rumors of a Dragonball/DBZ movie ever since 2000. now it's 2007, and i don't really have much thought about it until i see a trailer or something.  i would like to see how it turn out since i'm a big fan of DB/DBZ/DBGT, although i haven't watch it since a couple years ago.  maybe if i watch it over again, it'll bring back my huge interest.  although i wonder if it'll be as great as the anime, hope they don't ruin it....

btw, i watched Stephen Chow's movie ever since a kid and loved his comedy style and blend of martial arts.  although this time he's a director and not an actor... still expecting something good from it. 

that's 2 reason i should watch the film. 

as of rite now, since watching the newer shonen anime/manga, and the fact that most anime/manga been turning into movies. i'm imagining what'll like if someone makes a live-action movie of Naruto or Bleach, Gundam (to rivals Transformers, maybe), Hellsing among others  animes that i'm watching recently. 

when i watch anime or read manga, i imagine about related stuff. and basically think of how great it'll be if this or that happens, most of the a live-action movie.
but this is maybe not for this thread... 

btw, this is kind of like 3 other movies based on anime/manga that i think of:

Blood: the last vampire
Kung Fu Dunk ( loosely based of Slam dunk)
Speed Racer

and now Dragonball

i know japanese/taiwanese has been making movies and dramas based on manga for some time now, but mostly on love stories and comedies, not with these shonen, action-filled, superpowers one, rite? or maybe i'm not so well informed...

again, sorry if this isn't the place to dicuss this, if only there's a thread for this... it's just that sometimes i have alot of creative ideas that i just want to let out....

i'll stop here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 07:05:47 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 07:56:37 PM »
All's I know is, if Trunks is coming, he better be hot and can handle a sword.
It'd be cool if they don't screw up another Asian creation so they can actually continue it. May be even all the way up till Pan comes.

If Jun Ji Hyun doesn't rock in Blood: TLV, then I'm going to rely on this.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 07:57:17 PM by Owaranai_sLaVe »
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »
Been hearing about a live-action DBZ for eons now, but I guess it's really in the works finally.  If Stephen Chow is doing it, then I have to keep hope that it's not going to be terrible.

Offline xtree

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:33 AM »
i'm a big dragon ball fan, but i am not lookin forward to this.  i hope they surprise me and make this movie awesome, but i'm afraid it's gonna end up like the super mario bros live action movie

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »

Add to that a KOREAN (although born in California) actress to the casting list:

Jamie Chung is cast as Chi Chi

Purely for research purposes, I looked her up on Youtube:

[youtube=425,350]bzZyZdYdUyg[/youtube]

Well, there's one plus for the film at least! :D

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 03:07:45 PM »

Add to that a KOREAN (although born in California) actress to the casting list:

Still no Japanese involve ?? LOL :lol: :lol:   not even a halfy ??

Offline Reanimation

• Kameist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 03:19:09 PM »
So Joon Park is Yamcha, Eriko Tamura is Mai (who I don't know much about cause I've only seen DBZ, not DB) so Emmy Rossum is Bulma? Hope she doesn't mind having teal coloured hair!

Oh, and I read something of the character descriptions:

PICCOLO - An ancient being who despite his humanoid appearance, is from an alien race determined to take over the world.

Oh dear. When the majority of DBZ fans hear about this, they will not be happy :lol:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 03:20:18 AM »
somehow i can't get myself excited over this movie. I love DB/DBZ/ not-so-much DBGT (never really watch it) and still watching the anime over again, but somehow i dont' feel it for the movie. i know i should probably wait for a trailer at least and actually watch the movie before deciding, and i will, but still...

back in 2000, when DBZ was at the top of the world, there was a rumors about a movie adaptation and everyone got so excited but i guess they waited too long to make a movie now that myself and others seem to forget about it now. DB/DBZ/DBGT been over for a couple of years and nowadays it seems like bleach and Naruto is @ the top of Shonen anime/manga popularity list that DBZ is forgotten.

My point is maybe they should wait for 7-8 years, after it's popularity and anticipation has died down. 

Offline sazabi

• スペース時間破壊者
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 03:59:26 AM »
yup, i think this will be a hit or miss im more leaning to the latter. the purest and diehard fans of dbz will definitely not like this i'm guessing. i love stephan chow to death but producing the movie...well i don't really know what to think. i just don't like the fact how the chinese have been remaking alot of japanese manga/anime, not that i'm hating or anything but it just seems odd when the cast is speaking chinese and you know its based in japan etc i.e. initial-d. :lol:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 10:28:08 PM »

Oh, and I read something of the character descriptions:

PICCOLO - An ancient being who despite his humanoid appearance, is from an alien race determined to take over the world.

Oh dear. When the majority of DBZ fans hear about this, they will not be happy :lol:

i just notice, That's is Goku, a.k.a. Kakarrot (pardon the spelling, i dunno how to spell that).  He's the saiyan that came to earth to conquer it, but instead have amnesia and become it's savior. they switch goku's role with piccolo.  how can they switch the roles or screw up the story like that?

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 12:58:57 AM »
Assuming the movie will be based on the events before the DBZ storyline, the movie will probably show some scenes with Goku's early adventures searching for the Dragonballs, meeting his would-be comrades along the way, an Oozaru scene, flashbacks from the earlier Tenkaichi Budokai tournaments, fights with Pilaf and the Red Ribbon army generals, then build up into the Piccolo arc and end with the tournament where teen Goku fights teen Piccolo.

I'm just confused with what 'humanoid appearance' means. Are they giving him a humanoid appearance because of the theory that aliens either have insectoid or amoeboid forms? XD

i just notice, That's is Goku, a.k.a. Kakarrot (pardon the spelling, i dunno how to spell that).  He's the saiyan that came to earth to conquer it, but instead have amnesia and become it's savior. they switch goku's role with piccolo.  how can they switch the roles or screw up the story like that?

Maybe they just want to emphasize Piccolo's evil beginnings, since he will be the main villain in the movie.In the manga/anime,Piccolo(Kami's extracted evil half) did rule the earth until Master Roshi's sensei sealed him in a rice cooker. Once he was released, he tried to conquer the world again but Goku was able to defeat him. Before he died, he puked out an egg and that egg grew into the Piccolo we all know. It was never mentioned that he was an alien though, until Raditz told him that he was Namekian and Goku was a Saiyan. They can screw up the story though, if Goku suddenly goes SSJ when he fight Piccolo. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:59:49 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 06:02:03 AM »
yep, it's based on DB when the time Yamcha is still evil, not DBZ. (that's why it's called "Dragon Ball" :lol:)

also, Chow Yun-Fat is gonna be Master Roshi 

ref :
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i5d843c633b3a4760765d1649a8b0e596

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/071219/60/2lnm8.html

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4minute - Hot Issue